• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The past is the past. The future however, that is up to us to make.(Private with .Phantom.)

Zynlix

Your neighbourhood catnip dealer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Battle Of Adoewin

T
here was stories of the battle for years after it took place. It was told to the kids to keep them in line. 'The Witches will get you if you are naughty. Behave!' or 'The Witches are gonna turn you into a broomstick!' The sayings went on. It worked too. It was pretty much like the bogey man. But this? This was real. The Witches were real. And to everybody who grew up in those horrible times, they were dangerous. So dangerous that there was a massive war years ago. A bloody war between the Witches, and the Warriors of the Kingdom Of Adoewin, and three other Kingdoms. This war went on for years. Both sides lost hundreds. Even thousands. Soldiers of the Kingdom being struck by lightning, fire, and several other elements used by the Witches, and the Witches being shot with arrows, burned, and run through with spears and swords. It was horrible.

However, that was then. Fast forward a few years. A pair who first were enemies may end up changing the course of history without even knowing. With a bond despite not being forced by willingness, but powerful enough to sway even the most damaged minds.

CONTINUED FROM FF

"Yeah.. The only reason why I know it's friendly to Magic is because my Sister moved to the Kingdom. She told me. But the knowledge of the Kingdom being friendly is really secret. Because they know how hostile Adoewin has been towards magic. They fought beside us against Magic sure. But after the initial start of the War they've become much more accepting to it. Letting Witches who find out their secret live there, hell I think some even work with the Royal Family." He frowned. "But it was really restricted I think. Witches get death penalties for things Humans wouldn't normally get that sentence. Murders committed by Witches are also handled much harsher. Their Queen, ordered that all their prisons, shackles, and her Personal Guard's armor be strengthened with magic, not even Witches could get away. So, while it is friendly to Witches and Magic... the laws are much stricter." Culvak stated.

"But yeah, they can roam free, work, and have a life there. Their Borders don't match with other Kingdoms other than us. And the Forest separates us, so nobody really knows." He hummed softly. "And from what my Sister has heard, it's rumored that they have a secret division in their Army, fully consisting of Witches." He added. "Which is why I have never reported it. One, my sister would most likely be killed, and two... while our Military is strong, I don't think we could fight a War on two fronts. Especially when they have both Magic, skill and Numbers on their side." He said. "And a War is what will happen if the King finds out an Ally is not an enemy of Witches." He said.

"But to answer your question, yes, we could possibly rest there." He said. But meeting his sister after so many years was daunting to Culvak. He hadn't gotten any word from her in around 2 years, so he didn't even know if she still lived there. But he kept saying to himself that she would send word to him if she was travelling. So she most likely just forgot. She was always the forgetful type. But he was worried that she was still angry at him for becoming such a large and evil name amongst some Witches. They were really close before she left. But after hearing stories her letters showed love, sure, but also a lot of disappointment.

He strapped the belt that held his blades around his waist, and went to the edge of the mountain side path, looking down. The camp was still visible. So he guessed they were still asleep. "We can reach the Forest just before noon if we go now." Culvak said, looking at the two before starting down the path. The earlier they got there, the better. Ari was sat down, waiting for Rose and Diane to follow Culvak, so the beast could follow on, sensing the increasing magic presence. So he wanted to be sure they were safe. He still disliked that Soldier, but he was growing on him.

"That sounds far from friendly to magic, though I suppose it is considered a step above being hunted for existing." Would a place like that truly be suitable for Rose, who could not yet control her magic? If the laws were that strict, would they hang a child for a simple accident because she is a witch? That was something she desired an answer to, but found the question stuck in her throat. Rose was nearby and would likely be afraid if she heard any of her questions that concerned her as a topic, or a part of the topic. Though the way he spoke, this is the second time he hadn't reported something to his King. She supposed that would make him some sort of traitor in the King's eyes. "What did you tell them about you leaving, Culvak?" The realization that they had been gone, and will be gone for quite a while struck her. "How did you get permission to come on this journey with the King being... as he is?"

It already unsettled the bond to think that Culvak was in danger. Stirring something within her depths that warned her to keep an eye out for any attackers who may try to hurt the man whom she owed a life debt to. Whom she was shackled to until they found a way to break the bond. The closer they got to the man they were looking for, the more she wondered about what she was going to do after they were freed from their bonds. Her home was in the Adeowin kingdom, but she'd be hunted forever. And if she met Culvak then, there was no guarantee he would spare her again - he actually would likely avoid causing such a bond being created ever again and just end her then and there. And if she managed to stay on the run and hide, would she really be home? Culvak knew the location of her cottage home now. It wasn't safe, even if she could trust him on a temporary basis. It didn't say anything about the long term. If he saw her again, her chances of survival were likely minimal to none.

"We are leaving now?" If he thought this was the best time, then she would follow his lead. She trusted his leadership abilities. He didn't get to have the reputation he did among the witches by being bad at what he did. Though she was a bit surprised they were running from the group, and he wasn't planning a way to kill them or using Diane as bait to lure and kill them. She would likely sense if that were the case, because of the bond, but she didn't know how the thing actually worked so she couldn't be sure about what the strange feelings were from the magical bond. "If you think now is best, then we should get going."

"Keep in mind that the information I have on the Kingdom is pretty outdated. My Sister sent mail to me, told me how it is. But I haven't heard from her in over two years, so I'm not entirely sure how far it's got. For all we know, Witches could have full rights by now." He said. "I ain't sure. All I know is, their Queen is strict yet kind. Great laugh when she gave our King into trouble. Only person who could actually calm his temper..." He said, trailing off, remembering the Woman from when he was a child. "But again, I haven't heard from my sister for over two years, so their laws could have increased." He muttered. If laws against Witches was reenacted, it would probably cause more problems for them. And Problems was not ideal.

Culvak looked at Diane, deep in thought after she asked how he came by with the permission to go. "That... well, good question... Why the King let me go I am not entirely sure. I train the Prince, and his Training hasn't been going very well. So why I was let go.. I have no idea." He mumbled. "I sent word during the night after you left the City." He started, "and he came to me in person. Said it was okay and as long as I was safe. Sometimes I feel he still treats me like a damn kid." He muttered bitterly. technically he was very young, and could be classed as a kid by the majority of his peers. But now that he thought about it, it was very weird that the King let him go so freely. "What I said, well, that's the weirdest thing. he's never let me go before. I simply said I was going to one of the outer lands to get some materials for Evaline. She knows what we are doing so she can vouch for me." He said. "But even then, he has always told me my Duty to him was more important. So it's odd. Might have had a change of heart." He chuckled.

But something irked him of the King's attitude to him that night. Couldn't quite place it. Sounded like he was hurt, some somebody gave him news that broke his heart.. The King showing that was out of place. Culvak wanted to make sure the man was okay. But he could have mistaken it for his body. He was getting old. He's lived through two wars, the Witch war being the hardest that hit him. So many wounds that could cause long life pain.

"Yeah, we better be going." He said, shaking his thoughts from his head. He could sense some sort of surprise coming from Diane, and it was a weird feeling. All this bond was, was Magic, so when it affected him he wasn't used to it, was way too used to magic causing pain. So anything other than that was foreign to him. "You are wondering why I don't stop and fight. Huh..?" He asked, glancing at her as he began to walk.

The ping of surprise he felt from her alerted him to it, but her eyes disobeyed her refusal to talk about it. "Honestly I don't blame you." He shrugged. He's heard of the stories about himself and his friends. Demons of the night, Devils, shadows.. He's lost track of all the names he's been called.

Diane followed behind Culvak, keeping a safe distance between them. Enough so that she could keep an eye on all of the things that may be lurking in the shadows, ready to attack them at any given moment. "I wonder many things, Culvak." She stretched out her limbs, glancing behind her to see if Rose was following along. She was sticking close to Ari's side, likely feeling safest near the giant beast. "I'm still unsure of your intentions of not killing me when we first met. You very well could have. Most humans don't hold things such as 'honor' towards witches due to the danger magic possesses." She glanced up towards the sky, admiring the different shades of blue that faded as her eyes trailed back down to the forest they would soon be entering. "You were under the impression that I had been the one to attack that woman and child, were you not? So then it was only natural for you to hunt me down, though being a witch alone is enough to warrant a death sentence under the King's orders."

She continued down the path, her small pouches of herbs and other materials secured by thin leather string around her waist bouncing against her thigh as she moved. "I do not mean to sound accusatory or ungrateful, I am simply..." Her brain fumbled with a word. "I find it odd to have survived, seeing as how closely you work with the King and your distaste for my kind, is all." He did say before that he did not think they would be enemies for the rest of time. That put her mind at ease until it brought about more questions to her mind. Like why he hated witches so religiously to begin with. That kind of hatred only stemmed from first-hand encounters. Or what had changed his mind to not killing her.

The journey so far hadn't been quite as treacherous as she'd originally feared. Perhaps it was the additional company of Rose, but she no longer felt on edge around Culvak, comfortable falling asleep despite his disdain for witches. The possibility of him ending her life felt far away, like a dream she'd once had. Instead she trusted his sense of direction and respected his ability to adapt and make wise choices on what they should do. If he believed that Rose would do best in the kingdom of which his sister had lived in, then perhaps it wouldn't be a bad place to check out and ensure she would be happy there. If that is true, we can go back for her father and tell him about it. She may get to live there happily with him. The thought had come out of nowhere, but how broken up the man had been about giving up his daughter... it may be possible for her to have a relatively normal life there.

"I train his son. Thats all really. Cant really do much with the kid when his little girlfriend keeps interrupting his training." He muttered. "But, thr King's affection for me is his own reasons." Culvak stated. He looked at her with a studying gaze. Almost confused. "Quite frankly I have similar thoughts. I had you at blades length. About you kill you. That bear attacked... I was out cold for ages. Just laying there. Fully open. I was about to cut you down and yet I still woke up... you could have killed me, for the simple fact of defending yourself" he frowned. "I understand you dislike killing Diane, but believe me when I say this..- and im not mocking you. But its going to land you in a situation where you will die." Culvak said. This time no malice. Because he has encountered so many people with the same fear. Majority of who die because of that very same fear.

He shook his head. Glancing back at Rose. "But I think its safe to say we both made good choices.. to not kill. Rose got herself a friend, and I actually may see my sister." He said with a shrug. "And my distain for your kind. Anybody would feel the very same if they are involved personally, Diane. Doesnt mean I don't have humanity. Most are killing you lot from orders. Im not." He then sighed. "And I was hunting you before I saw the man who told me. A Scout saw you a day prior." He said. "Need to be a bit more careful." He hummed softly, almost like a joking tease.

The trail was sloping down now, going towards the ground. You could now see every individual tree trunk of the blackwood forest tree line. The name told it all. The bark on the trees were black as tar. As if a vicious wild fire ravaged the forest, and failed to destroy it, only leaving its mark. Culvak sensed dread. All the stories about it springing back up into the front of his mind. No birds sang. Just pure evil he felt. The only sign of life was the leaves on the trees, which was a oily green. He could now see why the forest was so dark when viewed above. At the right angle the leaves looked as black as the bark of the trees. But up close they were much more colourful.

He gripped the handle of his sword. As if for comfort. "The old guy couldn't have picked a nicer spot could he.. " he muttered in a flail attempt to joke to himself. "I think its safe to now say, Diane.. you're the first Witch I have seen that lives in a nice area.. why do your people like the creepy vibe so much. Nearly every time I come close to where your people live, I have to go through some haunted forest or something." He frowned. "Then again.. probably to combat our large castles.. can be menacing." He swatted away his fears. No point turning back. They would run into those witches. Something he didnt want. He then looked at Ari. "Can you sense anything close by? Any creatures?" He asked. Despite not understanding the beast, he hoped Ari would atleast motion towards any threats.

Ari looked at Culvak in amusement. Seeing the Soldier so fearful was hilarious. He tilted his head at the humans question, then looked at the darkened shadows of the forest. He could sense some large magical creatures moving around. But most were harmless. He gave a soft chuff. Clearly being stubborn with Culvak.

Culvak frowned, looking at Diane. "I have a feeling he is mocking me." He said, giving a soft glare to the beast.

She knew his words rung true. "I don't like to hurt humans. Especially not ones who attack out of fear or personal vendettas." She spoke, eyeing him. "If I were to have killed you, there would be that many more soldiers combing my home in search of me. Especially with the reputation you hold, no?" Diane took in the path before them. If she wasn't so nervous about possibly encountering the Leshy she might have considered the forest to be enchanting. "It's not that I haven't ever hurt someone..." She swallowed. "But the moment someone like me says that I've killed a human, regardless of the reason I would be executed. Even if I never killed a human I'd be executed." She stretched out her arms above her head, laughing softly. "I'll die just for existing, Culvak. It makes no difference if I die because I refused to defend myself. Though I cannot stand by and allow the same fate to befall another."

His teasing words didn't feel as anything more than a reminder that her existence was enough to warrant a death penalty. Evaline knew this. She knew that the older woman was just trying to protect her old friend's daughter. She remembered when Evaline was just a young human herself, but now, due to her slower ageing, the woman was older than her. How ironic it was. Though she knew her maturity was the same level as humans. Everything about them was slowed. Their ageing process, their life span being longer, all of it.

"So you were coming for my head even before the man lied to you about me attacking the woman and child?" She mused. That only served to prove her point. That she would die simply for existing. "My main goal in life is to do what I can to bring harmony to the witches and humans. We can coexist. Maybe not all witches are good, but it would be a lie to say that all humans were good. And, if I do recall, your own weapons hold enchantments to be capable of causing harm to witches. Such a thing is using magic for your own purposes."

She could feel the forest brimming with magical creatures. As though their magic spoke to her, beckoning her closer. "Magical creatures naturally are connected to witches more often than not." She admitted, reaching out to touch the dark bark. Despite its appearance, it was alive and brimming with life. "Besides, we have the capability to defend ourselves with magic. Humans hardly come to such places and if they do, we have the advantage due to plentiful magical sources of magical creatures." She admitted, withdrawing her hand from the tree. She could tell they weren't exactly welcome, but she wasn't on edge like Culvak was. Perhaps it was due to her own magic.

A giggle escaped her lips, glancing towards Ari with a small smile. "He's not your biggest fan. I think he'd kill you if he didn't know that it would affect me too." She admitted, reaching out to touch the large creature. "I'm glad that I've gotten the chance to see him again, though. I never expected that he'd grow so big!" Having him around certainly helped ease her worries, too. "I don't sense much myself. At least nothing that poses an immediate threat."

Culvak frowned at her comment about his reputation. It reminded him of the way his Sister reacted to hearing stories. "Hell, I'm young still. Cant have that much of a reputation. " He said. Mostly to himself. As if he was tempting to sooth himself. Despite Diane looking around his age, he knew that Witches ages much slower, and he guessed she was much older than he. So he was curious what exactly she knew about his reputation to the Witches, and even of his friends within the Gaurd. But he held his tongue. Almost wanting to never hear the stories of how his enemies described him. "The King would replace me without a second thought.." He finally spoke after a moment of silence.

He looked at her a little confused. Why was she laughing as she said she would executed for simply existing? Him being killed by Witches for simply being a Human made him so much more alert.... but Diane seemed... laid back? How?

When she echoed that he was coming to kill her way before that incident, he nodded slowly. "My Mentor.. he heard of a Witch nearby. Considering a group of children playing in the forest were attacked a few days prior to the day we met, he ordered a full on hunt. Searched and searched. Nothing. Then you were seen. So I was told to find you." He explained. Sure it didn't debunk that she would be killed for existing, it would atleast give her a reason why she was targeted. "For all he knows, I killed you that day... so patrols will not be looking for Witches for a while until another Witch attack happens." He said. Maybe that news gave her a tiny bit of relief. That is if they even made it home from this journey.

He then looked at her a bit shocked at her giggle. "Wait wait.. seriously?" He said, after she said that Ari would have killed him if he didn't have this bond with Diane. "Right... so we are about to destroy the very thing that's keeping me safe from the pissed off lion." Culvak grumbled. Next thing he knew, a large glob of dirt and dust hit him. Clearly Ari was not happy with being called a Lion. Telling by the large beasts paw was just resting back into the ground, and the narrowed eyes, Ari was the one who swatted the earth at Culvak. Looking at the human with a huff, while Culvak coughed, beginning to swat the dried earth off him.

Culvak glanced towards the darkness. He gave a soft sigh and began to walk forward into the shadow of the towering trees. Glancing back to make sure the group kept close together.

(Sorry if this reply looks a bit off. On painkillers thats messing with my head a little.)​

Diane almost wanted to laugh. So because she was a witch she was targeted, though there was no evidence that she was the one that had attacked the children. What a world they lived in. She couldn't help but be amused at the tense air around Culvak and Ari. The two were far from best friends, but perhaps they'd come to some sort of agreement along the way. "I'm not saying he would have killed you, though he might have." She shrugged. Though she could communicate with him, it wasn't as though she could read his mind. That was a spell that she'd been told was forbidden. An invasion of another's privacy. She knew the spell so that she would never use it, even on accident, but she'd avoided it her entire life and did not believe now would be a good time to break those strict rules.

Though she'd already been nervous, Rose clung to Diane's side the closer they got into the forest. Despite claiming her witch's nature to be comfortable in such places, she was on edge herself. Something was bothering her. A warning sign that she needed to be more alert than she was being, an uneasy feeling creeping up the back of her neck.

Nothing moved around them, though. The only sounds she heard were their own footsteps, and the occasional rustle of leaves and branches from the light breeze that was picking up. "There's so much magical energy around here that I won't be able to tell what's what." She spoke up, glancing to Culvak. If the witches were using magic, this place would hide it easily. She would be unable to pinpoint it. "Though that should go both ways. If I use magic, they should not be able to track me in here either."

With Rose here, she wondered how long it would be before they were forced to face the Leshy, should he truly live amongst this forest.

It was darker than she expected, and the desire to spark up a small flame in her hand lost to her fear of causing more tension between herself and Culvak. Her magic ranged to extend to most of the elements, including smaller spells and attacks. Her control over it... was limited. Diane liked to focus on her healing abilities instead, honing them and learning from her magic as she went along. "Do you think we will get lost in here?" She'd never been in the forest. Her gaze flickered to Ari, comforted by his presence.

Culvak's eyes scanned the darkness around them. He remembered what way they were supposed to be headed as he was regularly checking to see if he could find noticeable landmarks through the dense tree tops. But something odd was happening. His mind was fizzled. Like something was interfering with his sense of direction. Even his focus was a little bit hindered. Having no idea what it was, he was a little bit jumpy. He glanced back at Ari. The beast seemingly having no problem. Maybe this affected only humans. He then frowned as Diana spoke. "Well... I'm sure we will be fine. Just need to remember what we pass. Any stone, weird formation in the trees, anything can help keep us from away going in circle's. I grew up running through forests. Got lost whole lot of times. So I learned to navigate them... but this.... its different... like my mind is on a whole different path. Dont you guys feel weird?" Culvak asked.

He walked over to one of the trees. Laying a palm onto the dark tree bark. He took it off and sniffed his hand, squinting softly. "Cant be that.." he mumbled. He thought maybe the sap had a hallucinogenic effect. But nothing was out of place. Maybe it was because this was brimming with magical power. He has never been this close to such high amounts of it.

"And about your magic being mixed with the magic here... might be best to get ready to use it. The Leshy being real is still in question. But im sure some animals here will not be happy we are in their home." He said a little uneasy, looking around as if they had already been surrounded. He would rather have Rose not try magic. But this place was massive. Who knows what they would encounter. One Witch may not be enough if it became hostile, and the kid may not have a choice if they came face to face with the group who was following them. The feeling of not being welcome grew as the trekked deeper into the dark abyss.

The Group in question, was just waking up. Unfortunately sleeping in rather late into the morning, and Estrella was far from please. "Hurry up." She yelled. " We could have already cornered them if you lot didn't go dreamy." She snapped. "The irony. You were the heaviest sleeper" a voice called. The youngest of the bunch, who looked more Diane's age. Even younger. Lila(think that was her name...) rubbed her eyes with a yawn.

Estrella just rolled her eyes. "Lucky we even let you tag along with us." She said. "Not even ready for this sort of work." She said, walking off. Seeing that the group was awake now, they started off once again. Soon finding that the trio had left. Soon coming upon the remains of a camp.

Ari glanced around. Getting accustomed to the new scents for new for him. Being that he didnt usually travel far from his home. But it was clear that he was needed. Especially since it caused them travel to a place that not many animals would dream of going.

Last edited:
The further they got into the forest, the more she felt her magic bubbling. It responded to the forest quite positively, despite the foreboding appearance spread before them. The feeling of her magic dancing with the magic in the forest was intoxicating, distracting her from the ever-persistent tug of the bond, reminding her to stick close to Culvak. "I don't feel weird at all." She admitted, feeling the tension in her shoulders relax. "It's kind of... relaxing here?" Part of her felt as though she could just let go of her restraint on her magic. Not live in fear of it causing her life to be at risk any longer. The pull on her iron-clad hold on her magic was gentle and welcoming, inviting her to allow her grip to loosen. Her magic slowly began to come to it's true fruition.

Diane had kept herself in check their entire trip, hiding her appearance with glamour's and parlor tricks. She found herself allowing her Espirit heritage to filter through. The faint glow of her skin, her fae-like ears, she could even feel her eyes being freed from the spell that prevented them from showing their slightly gold-tinted hue. It felt like ripping off wet clothes that had become itchy and irritable, no longer trapped behind the barrier she had kept up.

"Diane! You look... different." Rose gasped, though she hardly heard the voice of the young girl. The black trunks of the trees were humming a soft lullaby. She would need to stay alert. Though, why was she supposed to stay alert? There was something... something she needed to do. Wasn't there? Her gaze turned to Ari, noticing the presence of him after a moment. "Ari!" She giggled, jogging towards him to catch up to the large chimera. They'd been traveling together with Rose and Culvak. Culvak. She snapped out of her thoughts, quickly scouting the area. Where was he? Had she lost him somewhere in the forest? This is why you should never allow yourself to get distracted, Diane! The forest had a calming effect on her magic, though at first it had seemed unnatural and threatening.

Rose had stuck close with Culvak for the trek through the forest. She felt a little fatigued, but nothing too major. "Is something wrong, Culvak?" She asked, watching him. Was she going to have to try to use her magic? With how untrained she was, Diane said that was a bad idea. And right now even she was acting a bit funny as well, like some of the girls in her old village when they drank 'adult drinks' that she was never allowed to try. She was giggly. Even though she looked happy, that made Rose feel more worried than relieved. They were in a creepy forest! How could she be feeling happy right now? "I think something's wrong with her."

The feeling grew. It didn't make sense. Was it polen? Something from the trees? He walked towards one of the trees, leaning on it to calm his mind. He felt like something was muddling with his brain. But after a few moments of steadying his breathing it resided. But it was still very much prominent. He glanced at Rose as she requested if he was okay. "Im alright. Just... this forest.... must be something in the air." Culvak mumbled, looking around suspiciously. His eyes then proceeded to dart towards Diane as Rose spoke about something being wrong. Ari was looking down at Diane like she was a bit crazy. He leaned down and sniffed. Diane's magic seemed to be way more amplified... thats what he was scenting anyways. He was just confused with how she was acting.

"Over here." Cukvak called, appearing back on the trail. It seemed, whatever happened, they trailed off. Got distracted. He then noticed that Diane looked... a bit different. He squinted. She was glowing way more.. what? He's always been a bit skeptical of her race of Witch. There was a nagging feeling that she might have been lying. But from all the Witches he has seen, he hasn't seen one glow. His first thought was to ask what on earth she was doing. But he remember that no humans came near here.

"What is this place..." He mumbled. "Im feeling like something is in my head... and your magic.... eh... covering is going away." He said.

He then looked around. Despite the Forest feeling dead, he could hear animals. Something like he has heard before but it had to be animals... right? "We got separated so easily there... just from whatever is airborne in this forest..." He muttered. "Let's just take it slow.." he said, a bit on edge.

___

The group beside the trio were still about half a mile away from where Their targets camp. But the group was light on their feet, and it wouldn't take long for them to reach the Forest. They was a bit confused on where the trio were heading. But the longer they followed, it was clear where now. Despite them having guesses. They had to admit. It took guts to go there. Especially for a Human. So easy to break. It almost made Estrella laugh. Despite orders to not harm Tiaverse, she could always be broken. Killing that kid and the Soldier was the plan anyways. And the bond always helped if the legends are true. All they had to do was cut them off. It was easier said than done however Diane, Culvak, and Rose have even ahead of the hunters from the get go. And haven't stayed in one camp spot for long. So unless they took routes that were more dangerous than needed, it would be like this until the trio ahead stopped long enough.

Diane briefly glanced at Culvak. "I don't need my glamour here, do I? There shouldn't be any humans around and anything with magic can sense that I'm a witch. It's a lot of effort to keep that thing up all of the time, you know?" She waved off the concern of the young girl, who stared at her as though she'd suddenly turned into another being. The forest felt empowering, washing all of her worries away. She was hardly afraid, though Rose did not seem to share the jovial feelings. Perhaps it was only something a true witch could feel. "We will need to be careful with proceeding." She hummed thoughtfully, attempting to take in their surroundings in order to remain on task. This was certainly a smart place to hide, she was willing to bet with how much magical energy was around them that other witch's had taken refuge within the forest.

"I almost stopped holding back all of my magical aura." She placed a hand to her chest. That would have easily given off a strong enough energy for those following them to find her. The feeling of magic buzzed through the air already. If she kept herself contained she would blend right in, and her magic wouldn't give them away if she used it from time to time. But if she exploded as she had done back when they'd been attacked, or even worse, it would quickly give away their location between the potential damage to the forest and the massive output of magical energy.

She hadn't even noticed they'd gone off the trail until Culvak guided them back to it. It was a strange feeling, the lull of the forest. Rose seem unaffected, maybe her fear of magic had her too on edge to allow herself to relax? That was likely for the best, seeing as she didn't have the best control over her magic. Even so, she would be a powerful witch should she choose to accept it. Silver eyes when magic was used... that was something very rare among witches. The ability to connect with witches of the past and channel their magic and knowledge into oneself. Only the Witch Queen had mastered such an art, though Diane's mind was too fuzzy to remember what might have happened.

"There might be other witches taking refuge here." She added, taking note of trees that had noticeable markers. If they were going in circles, she would like to remember. However, she worried about making their own markers while they were being tracked. The witches hunting them were very obviously skilled and knew what they were doing. It seemed as though Culvak was responding to the forest much differently than she was. "Do you need a spell to help you stay focused?" It wouldn't work on herself, but if at least one of them could remain unaffected by the forest maybe they'd get out sooner.

"No... you don't... just that you sort of... glow? I've never seen it in your kind before is all..." Culvak said. He knew she glowed. As he could see it at night while they rested at camp. Never to this brightness, and it was noticeable even in the day. He blinked back out of his thoughts. It seemed whatever was affecting him, it made his day dream much more than he normally would.

He frowned. Her aura? Was that what he saw back at the fight? Now that he remembered it, it made him curious just how powerful she was. She was definitely powerful enough to cause Bounty hunters to come after her. Just who was she? She wasn't an ordinary Witch. She could, as Eveline stated when he saw Diane with the woman, could destroy the whole Town. In a instant. Maybe the whole Kingdom if she really wanted..

He glanced around as Diane said there may be more Witches in the forest. She was probably right. This place offered good protection it seemed. Got Himans worried sick about it anyways. But then narrowed his eyes narrowed at her when she offered to perform a spell to help him focus.

He processed her offer. His instinctive fear of Witches and of magic hit him like a boulder. His uneasiness prominent in his eyes. A distant sound startled him, and he silently cursed. This wasn't like him. This damn Forest.... He then looked at Diane once again. "Alright..." Whatever it was, it was making him act out, and the last thing they needed was one of them being not fully focused. Could she hurt him? From what he has heard, whatever happens to him happens to her... which honestly sounds cruel, and wasn't helping his thoughts on Magic. But it was really the only thing actually making him go forward with her offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back