Other The pains of username changes!

sorrow made you

from the bottom of the dark, dark sea
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Well hello hello! Every so many years, Crit has this tradition to swap around usernames. Usernames generally take me forever to think up because I often play on words. This time, I'm asking for help!

So far what I want for my current theme:

- Sengoku Japan themed (warring states period in Japan)

- Classical Chinese themed (Wuxia, and all those ancient kung-fu movies, yo)

- Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Sengoku BASARA, Fate/Zero themed (my major fandoms, basically)

- Historical based (mostly Eastern history though D; )

- Japanese Samurai name themed

- Random wordplay

Right now, I've got a list of possible usernames:

Random:

- Century Samurai (Senki no Bushido)

- Destiny Bond (however, I hate being called Destiny xP )

- Sekigahara Shuffle

- WuWei

Japanese Names based (there may be more added to these names, but this is the main focus of the username)

- Nagamura

- Nagazane

- Nobumasu

- Nobutane

- Nobuzane

- Shigemasu

- Shigeteru

- Shigeyasu

- Shigezane

- Takenobu

- Takeyasu

- Takezane

- Yukinaga

- Yukiteru

- Yukizane

- Yasumune

- Yasuyori

Please vote on one that you like, or maybe give some suggestions! I'm up to hearing you out for something witty and clever!

WuWei looks like it would blend nicely with the theme's you've stated above. It's also very simple and unique; not very many have usernames like that.

Majority of the time people have Japanese Usernames that are quite similar to the one's that you have above, but if you're going for simplicity, then there's always the magnificent username I voted on: WuWei.

Of course, Takenobu could be used also. What I commonly see in Usernames are '-asu', 'Yu-', and so on so forth. I see you as a unique Role-player, you have your own style, and this sophisticated web-aura about you (idk if this is just me lmao), so mainstream characters don't particularly fit you. At least, that is what I believe, soap.

Sekigahqara Shuffle looks & sounds as though it would fit the theme you have in mind.

I have previously looked at your BBCode shop in the past, as well as check out how you RP, your style in BBCode and such (excuse me for being a creep). So, based off of my previous studies, I can see you using this username in multiple ways in order for it to match the theme of your profile. It looks like a comfortable username, thus causing you to seem somewhat approachable, laid back, and passionate within the things you part-take in, in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Marianne b'aweee! Thanks for the compliments. > w<

I do understand what you mean by the 'Yu-' and '-asu''s not seeming original. I think there's a fairly logical explanation for this (mainly because I was actually doing research on Japanese name construction while looking at those xD  )

In old Japanese times when names, titles, and meanings had an incredible amount of meaning (for various reasons like birth rank, society rank, wealth, etc), they had common set of "NANORI connotations" (name reading connotations for a given name). Most common ones are.. well... I'll just print screen. xDD

Sketch2 .png

I am a personal fan of 'nobu', 'yuki' and 'yasu'. I can understand why they're so overused, because in Japanese history, they were incredibly overused. Oda Nobunaga,  Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Tokugawa Ieyasu (the three unifiers of Japan) were no exception to this naming rule.

I do really appreciate your comments, and really looking at it, Takenobu really isn't one that's seen too often. 'take' meaning bravery, and 'nobu' meaning truth. The Truth in Bravery actually goes along with my personal name, 'Yuuki', meaning courage and valor. Very fitting!

@Marianne b'aweee! Thanks for the compliments. > w<

I do understand what you mean by the 'Yu-' and '-asu''s not seeming original. I think there's a fairly logical explanation for this (mainly because I was actually doing research on Japanese name construction while looking at those xD  )

In old Japanese times when names, titles, and meanings had an incredible amount of meaning (for various reasons like birth rank, society rank, wealth, etc), they had common set of "NANORI connotations" (name reading connotations for a given name). Most common ones are.. well... I'll just print screen. xDD

View attachment 166036

I am a personal fan of 'nobu', 'yuki' and 'yasu'. I can understand why they're so overused, because in Japanese history, they were incredibly overused. Oda Nobunaga,  Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Tokugawa Ieyasu (the three unifiers of Japan) were no exception to this naming rule.

I do really appreciate your comments, and really looking at it, Takenobu really isn't one that's seen too often. 'take' meaning bravery, and 'nobu' meaning truth. The Truth in Bravery actually goes along with my personal name, 'Yuuki', meaning courage and valor. Very fitting!

:o I learned something new, haha, thank you very much.

Also, all the more reason to choose Takenobu by the way. ^_^

Also, WuWei is a really nice one, I think. Wu Wei is a Daoist (Taoist) phrase commonly used, meaning "action through inaction." In other words, don't overexert one's self to achieve success.

@The Nerevarine, Ahh, an interesting figure! Unfortunately that time period in Chinese history is... not really within my interests. D;

Classical is more my style, so the Xia dynasty all the way until the Yuan dynasty is under my domain, but even Yuan is pushing the end point for me. Though, I will be looking into Feng Yuxiang a little bit more. It's very rare to hear of Chinese Christians. At least for me. xD

I literally just thought of Literally pushed enter. It was available and everytime I follow someone it goes "Literally followed __________."

yukimura

from snow + village/town

so you'd be pretty cool

and a special snowflake

but not in the sarcastic way

Yukimura is the name of one of my favorite daimyo from the Sengoku period-- Sanada Yukimura. I was intentionally staying away from that (even though it's one of my favorite names ;;A;; )

HNNNNNG FEELS TOO STRONG. <3

sanada_yukimura_sengoku_basara_by_jeayna.gif

I think I'm leaning closer to something involving 'Takenobu'.

So now I'm debating on whether I want a title, or some kind of flashy addition. xD

nb4 it sounds like Hanzo's alt.

"Ryuu wagateki wo kurau!"

dunno if this wounds weird but "takenobu" feels really good in my mouth xD

has a nice ring to it, sounds strong, like someone else said doesnt feel repetitive compared to other weeb names, and doesnt have too complicated sounds

i dont know anything about the details of meaning behind kanji stroke order/the number of them/etc, all those complicated naming conventions and connotations 

i doubt many other rpn users will

@Ghost, d-did... you just call me a weeb? xD

As for meaning, 'take' means bravery and 'nobu' means truth. So ideally something like 'brave truth' or 'truth in bravery'.

@simj22, all I thought of was yojimbo. Yojimbo the bamf. 

Benkei was a badass mofo though. Warrior monks OP AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back