• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ۞The Ninth Seal۞ [OOC]

No worries. 🖤 I am going out of town too so I may be a little sparse.
Hi,
I'm lost! My character is from Brazil. Where is the setting of this coffee shop? I want to make sure she has a reasonable explanation as to why she is not in her homeland.

Initially I had no specific location in mind. It would be in an unspecified city; however, for the purposes of your character, we can situate the city to be in Seattle, WA.

Indeed. I figured I'd give a chance for others to respond before posting one myself; however, I suppose I can go ahead and do so.

Just a reminder, there is a post for others to respond to. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

I've been waiting around for others to respond so that they get a turn/I have something to work with.
I'd say if no one responds, you're welcome to. If you want, I can add additional content in the post I have currently in that thread.

So to keep things in somewhat working order, we'll (generally) post in this order in the current RP thread:

Me, Nox Aeternae Nox Aeternae , Ramjammer Ramjammer , SachiGrl SachiGrl , FearItself FearItself .

We can skip/swap around if need be of course in the event said person is unavailable or their character is unable to take action.

Nox Aeternae Nox Aeternae , FearItself FearItself , you two can go next if you wish.
If that's the case, I no longer want to participate in this role play. I am not fond of role plays that has turns.

Rping in turns does tend to make things a bit more difficult. Particularly, it puts more pressure on people if they think everyone else is waiting on them. I'm none too fond of it either to be honest

Okay, well if that strategy doesn't work, that's fine. I'm open to suggestions. Just not sure how to deal with long periods of waiting time between one post and the next or potential hesitation of others to respond/post.

In your opinion, how should this matter be addressed then?

Last edited:
Apologies. I am not trying to feel like they're lagging behind per se nor force action. Badgering people to post ain't my thing.

That is why I just wanted to start a discussion. I understand people have lives/schedules/commitments outside of RP; I'm cool with that and even have lapses myself due to work/life. It's more of a thing where I am trying to know how one ought to balance activity. Hence why I thought providing turns could help at least manage some order or framework as to when a person can respond if they are unsure. If such a method does not work, I'm open to other suggestions.

In my role plays, I usually require once a week postings. If they don't post for two weeks they're booted from the role play. Inactivity is a big RP killer, so its best to weed out the inactive players before its too late. Also, I was confused why this RP started in a coffee shop. Is there meaning behind this? Is all our characters there just to bump into each other? I'm struggling to see where this role play is going. I gave my character purpose, but I don't know if everyone has a purpose or you tricked me into a Slice of Life RP (which I hate). DarkNerd DarkNerd

In my role plays, I usually require once a week postings. If they don't post for two weeks they're booted from the role play. Inactivity is a big RP killer, so its best to weed out the inactive players before its too late. Also, I was confused why this RP started in a coffee shop. Is there meaning behind this? Is all our characters there just to bump into each other? I'm struggling to see where this role play is going. I gave my character purpose, but I don't know if everyone has a purpose or you tricked me into a Slice of Life RP (which I hate). DarkNerd DarkNerd

SachiGrl SachiGrl :

I'm not sure why there is confusion but I'd be happy to explain. The coffee shop is the stage for the initial encounter for them all to meet up. As such, the first encounter isn't meant to be dark and tumultuous from the get-go; it leads to it after the characters meet in a somewhat normal setting. However, with time, that is certainly where things would lead.

Also, this roleplay isn't meant to be formulaic with every step designed or premeditated from the very beginning. There are some highlights/milestones that are meant to be achieved. Perhaps if this was shared, it would help push the roleplay in that direction. Below is a road map for you to explore for this roleplay's stage.

1. Initial encounter
2. Exchange between characters
3. Interloper activity (e.g. daemon or otherwise to cause disruption/conflict)
4. Reaction by characters including the potential 'Awakening' for Signet Users (e.g. Isra'/Rosemary)
5. Reaction to their awakening by other nearby characters not Signet Users
6. Departure of interloper to try again another time
7. Revelation of characters to what each other is
8. Conclusion of Event

Part of what would stage the conflict relied on daemonic activities; however, it appears the one who was meant to stage this activity and cause the disruption hasn't been able to post. You mentioned a 1-2 week grace period for members to respond prior to being them booting from the roleplay. I think 2 weeks unless a reason is specified prior, is reasonable. At this point, it does not appear FearItself will be responding anytime soon if at all. That means the conflict will be staged by an NPC-- which I am happy to do.

Lastly, please do not insinuate trickery on my part; if you honestly feel like I am the duplicitous type, you're welcome to leave as I'd hate to waste time. The genre of the storyline is as I mentioned, plain and simple. Also, I don't force people to breathe purpose and expose that from the get-go; I can't speak for everyone but I believe that such details come about with time and allow for others to organically make their place in the storyline and vice versa. If I have not made that point clear prior, I hope me doing so now will help settle some matters.

I hope that clarifies. Feel free to ask me anything else that you deem unclear or are confused by.

I was joking about the tricking part. I know you didn't mean to trick me :P

Thanks for the clarification though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back