• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Night Disaster Strikes

Skylar was passed out when Axel was wheeled in next to her, as a result of the effort of staying awake with her injuries plus the sedatives. She did not rest easy, and even like this she looked exhausted. Her fingers and eyes twitched, and her heart monitor was picking up the pace. She was having another night terror, and it didn't look like she would be out much longer

Like fucking clockwork, her heart rate monitor was off the charts and she woke up breathing heavily, biting into the blanket to avoid screaming this time. The doctors couldn't do much else but let her work through this, and she tried to calm herself down

Then, she saw him in the next bed, "A-Axel..? This isn't a dream right? You're really there?" She looked between him and the doctor, "What happened to you?"

"Uuuhhh, morning love. Sleep well?" Asked Axel, and instantly felt the urge to pop a bullet through his face "Well, after i left you for the night, i had an unfortunate mission accident. A concussion and a shot leg is what i'll be going through. Sorry for not being able to meet you."

"UHm..." she looked a little like she wanted to cry but she made an effort to not cry today. She was done crying, "Shit, yeah, I get it. You got hurt I can't expect you to always be here, especially when you get hurt." He didn't owe her a goddamn thing, so why did it still hurt so much when he didn't show up? He was hurt for God's sake!

She rubbed her face and held his jacket up, "Do you want this back? You don't look so good" she was one to talk, still bruised and swollen

"You still need it more than i do lass. Keep it. Or could it be that you want to cuddle with the real deal?" Asked Axel while waggling his eyebrows suggestingly

Skylar turned her head from him a bit, her cheeks turning a bit pink. When she looked back at him she sent him a sideways smile, "Tempting, but we both know I can't move an inch." She wrapped the jacket back around herself, "I'll have to settle for a jacket.shame."

"Shame indeed. Judging from how my hoodie looks like a blanket, i bet that you would have made a great cuddle partner"
Said Axel with a chuckle from her bashfullness

She sent him another smile, "Yeah, maybe. It would be nice to get out of bed for a minute, I'm gettin stir-crazy just laying here with nothing to do." she fidgeted a little then reset the breathing tube, "Maybe they'll let me out of bed when they finally let me take this tube out of my nose." it was just oxygen surging through a tube that hooked around her ears and surged up her nose. But since she had a lot of internal damage, including broken ribs, it was just an encouragement for her to take deeper breaths

She shook her head, "No, it's fine. It's hard enough to stay awake without getting out of bed, if I move now I'll probably collapse."

Axel nodded "Oki doki" He said and leaned back in his bed. His leg hurt like a motherfucker, but it was probably nothing compared to skylar

Skylar looked at him for a moment as if she would speak, but then the weirdest thing happened. A tall brunette woman walked in, someone she didn't recognize. She obviously wasn't a nurse, and she wasn't a family or friend. How did she get passed the front desk?

The woman walked up to her bed and smiled, something toothy that looked plastered to her face, "I've finally found you, the little fighter who helped this big guy here take down the leader of a notorious terrorist group. I'm sorry, I should introdyve myself," she cleared her throat and held out her hand, but Skylar didn't take it, "My name is Katy Kurik, journalist for The Post. I would love to pick your brain."

It was obvious Skylar was getting very uncomfortable. She didn't want to talk about the attack with her parents, let alone a journalist. Katy didn't seem to pick up on it, or she elected to ignore it, "Come on, don't you want your voice heard? How did it feel when it all started? How did you end up with the leader? What was going through your head?" She continued asking more and more questions, trying to get Skylar to answer.

Meanwhile the albino was getting incredibly flustered, and the heart monitor was picking up pace and she said quietly, "Please.... leave...." she said, but the woman didn't hear, or she chose to ignore her

A giant arm shot out, and wrapped itself around the reporters waist, and pulled her back. "You are violating the peace of an injured patient, and since you are no friend nor family member, i'll have to ask you to leave" luckily nobody except for Skylar, his teammates and the HQ knew Rainbow six's real identity.

Katy looked very surprised, and took a step back when the arm was put around her waist only to hit a chest. Then she stepped away from both of them, "Fine, I know when I'm not wanted, and this was a waste of fucking time," her face lost its smile and she stormed out the door

Skylar could finally breathe again... kinda. She put the jacket over her face and just breathed heavily, but that monitor was still going insane. After another a minute of this not working, she lowered the jacket enough to see him, "Thank you."

Axel did not flinch from her rude comment. He had no patience for assholes in his life, and if she wouldn't have left, he would have abused his authority. He limped over to Skylar, and put his hand on her head again "No problem. She was quite the I'm uncultured, eh?"

She closed her eyes and tried to slow her breathing and heart again. Just like before, this method was working quite well. When the beeping wasn't so incessant, she opened her eyes, "What. A. Bitch," a little uncultured herself, but then again, she deserved this. She looked at him again, "Thank you again, but please lay back down, I don't want you to fall accidentally and hurt yourself more."

"I'm used to getting injured. So i'll manage. Would you like some water?" Asked Axel, as he went towards the sink. He was quite thirsty

Skylar watched him walk away, a little envious he was able to walk, "If you say so, but if the nirses come back they're gonna yell at you. Aaaaand yes, would you please get me a glass of water?"

Last edited:
"Let them yell. My charm allows me to evade all problems, as long as it's a woman causing it." Said Axel with a wink as he filled up the cups with cold sparkly water. He limped over to her "Here you go" He said and extended the cup towards her

"Thank you," Skylar reached as far forward with her arm, taking the water from him, then sipped at it. She didn't want him to have to get up again, so she wanted to make it last. After she had a few sips she put the cup down on the tray by her bed after a little effort, "So, how long will you be stuck with me? Can't imagine it's only one day since you were shot in the leg."

"That's where you're wrong. I'm gonna rest herevfor the night, so that the doctors can make sure that i don't have pains after a nights rest. After that, they'll give me some papers to sign, and tada, i'm out of here!" Explained Axel, like it was routine

"Not really considering the fact that my leg is not gonna work for 6 days now. But other than that, i guess i am" Said Axel with a chuckle

Sky just kept smiling at him, "Think about it this way, you could be me. I won't be moving for a month. Doctors told me yesterday after I got curious," she shrugged and her smile finally left, "I wish my parents would get back, they said they would bring some stuff so I would have some stuff to do while I'm in here."

"I'll also keep on visiting. Don't you worry. I'll be there unless i get injured again, which wil only me being here more, so i guess that's something?" Axel said. Again, this whole comfort stuff wasn't his specialty. He was much better at breaching doors and shooting guns

Skylar was beginning to see that hair petting was about the only comforting tool in his belt. Whatever, that was all she needed to calm down, "Thanks Axel. It sucks being in here though, I wanna go home and pretend none of this ever happened." She scratched at her head then she looked back up at him, "What made you wanna... do what you do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back