• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Night Disaster Strikes

Axel pulled out a few tissues "Now now, no need to start crying. The worst is over" Said Axel and whiped the tears off. "You are very welcome dear" Said Axel and brushed some loose hair away from her face. "How are you holding up dear?"

Skylar sniffled once and reached her hand up to wipe at her nose, looking almost confused when she saw all the tubes and wires and needles in her. Even the breathing tube in her face was startling. She closed her eyes again a minute and relaxed her arm back with a quiet groan, "Everything hurts, 'specially my chest" rightfully so, she had one broken rib and three others bruised. The way he called her dear felt nice, not something she was used to but it was a positive in this situation she would accept quietly.

She swallowed once then looked up at him again, "It's... it's all over, right?"

Axel nodded "Yes. You succesfully survived one of the biggest terrorist attacks. You fought back, and ressisted." Said Axel. His arm reached over to his back pocket, as he pulled out a very pretty badge. "I was awarded this badge for my deeds, but i want you to have it" Said Axel and put it in her hand. "Because you're my hero"

Skylar brought the badge closer to her face to see it better, but then she handed it back up to him, "I can't take this. I didn't do anything but get stomped on, you saved me. You're the real hero." really, what did she do other than hit a button to notify authorities, which certainly dozens of other people must have done. And maybe she made life a little difficult for the leader who tried to kidnap her. That wasn't anything

"You didn't give in where many others would. You survived damage that i've seen trained men die to. In my eyes, you're a real hero" Said Axel, genuienely. He put the badge on the counter next to her bed. "I want you to wear that proudly on your coat when you have recovered, because you are a true hero"

"Mmm, I almost died, I'm not a hero..." she rubbed at her eyes and groaned, the pain almost seeming to get worse the longer she was awake. Finally her father decided to signal a nurse who administered more pain medication to the IV.

Skylar was already looking more relaxed, "You're my hero," she closed her eyes, trying to remember something, "Axel. Axel, you're my hero." She was getting delirious and her eyes were closing on their own now. This was too much for her still and she was already exhausted, falling back to sleep

Axel felt his eyes widen. That hit him hard. He never experienced something like this. Yes, he was always called a hero by people, but nobody has ever told him that he was personally her or his hero.

The soldier sat down on the floor, visually shocked. He sat there for a moment before excusing himself.

The following morning, he returned to the hospital, and politely knocked on the doir to her room

Whatever was going on inside the room today was not good. Skylar's parents weren't there right now, and she was in the bed crying her eyes out with her hands clutching the badge in her hand. Frantically she was muttering to herself ,"He's gonna get me, he's gonna get me, he's gonna get me," over and over again until she realized that Axel was there

"You're here!" She practically yelled, quickly trying to wipe her face, "I didn't... I didn't think.... I didn't think you'd be back."

"Of course i am. Wouldn't want to dissapoint my fan" Said Axel with a cheeky grin, which quicly melted off upon seeing her distraught face "What is the matter dear?" Asked Axel and took a seat beside her

Skylar looked up at him with her eyes still welling with tears, though her white-knuckle grip on the badge Axel had given her yesterday had eased. Her voice was thick as she spoke, sniffling every once in a while, "He was... he was dragging me through the halls and you weren't... you weren't there," she was talking faster as she went, "You weren't there and he was grabbing me and taking me away and hurting me and then I ended up here in this bed. Why weren't you there!" the ending wasn't a question but some statement of terror

It was all just a dream, but whatever combination of medications she was on, combined with the head trauma she received must be mixing up reality for her a little bit. That, or it was just an incredibly vivid dream of early PTSD. For her, the attack might as well have happened minutes ago, and it would feel that way for a while

Last edited:
Axel was speechless. What does one answer in such a situation? He put s hand on her head "But i'm here now, and you are alive and steadily recovering." Said Axel as soothingly as he could. Truth be told, he didn't know how to comfort someone in such a situation, but this would have to do

Skylar was slowly but surely calming down. This simple little action of petting her hair was putting her back to the actual moment he rescued her, where he did the same thing. For someone who just woke up from a dream where she had nobody but her captor, remembering that reality proved to be a little better than the dreamscape this time was calming. She wiped her eyes and nose, then took a few deep breaths to steady her heart rate, "It.... wasn't real, was it? You killed them, saved me, and brought me here. It's over," the way she paced the sentence made it sound almost like some kind of mantra, "You were there... and you're here now. Thank you for coming to see me again."

She closed her eyes tightly and groaned, and then relaxed her hands to her lap before opening her eyes again, "I look like a child, crying so much over a dream. Nightmares used to not have any effect on me, but look at me now."

The patting seemed to have an effect, as she visibly calmed down.

"Yes dear. It was a dream. I was there, i killed the bad guy, and you got to a hospital in time." Explained Axel calmly

"And no problem. I'll continue seeing you till you've healed." He added.

"Nightmares are a spooky thing. I would be lying if i said that i didn't get affected by them too." He removed his hand from her head, and took her hand in his. "So tell me dear. How are you? If we dismiss your trauma"

Skylar squeezed his hand gently and relaxed back on the bed, starting to feel the pain of sitting up even a little bit, "I'm..... not okay. I don't want to go back to sleep, and everything hurts. Breathing hurts so badly.... when am I going to be okay?"

Axel hesitated a bit "I... I am not sure. Recovery can go from 2 weeks to a whole month depending on your body's abilities and the doctors." Said Axel, looking down as he said the news. He squeezed her hand slightly "But i will come everyday! I promise!"

Skylar sighed and squeezed his hand tighter, "That's not what I meant..." then she asked quieter, "You promise you'll be here every day?"

"I promise..." He took off his casual hoodie "And for the nights that i'm not here" He wrapped the hoodie around her "You will have this to remind you, that i'm here"

Skylar smiled at him and wrapped the hoodie around her the best she could under the circumstances. she still had needles going in her arm so she couldn't put it on, but she held it like it was a safety blanket. She didn't say it, but it smelled just like him

"That's the nicest thing anybody's ever done for me, thank you," this was a needed comfort.

His smile was contagious, making her smile wider. Because her cheeks were still swollen she looked a little lopsided, "Why are you giving me your favorite hoodie?"

"Because you look like you need it more than i do. It's my get well charm for my injuries during missions. It is super comfortable and really big so you can use it as a blanket!" Ranted Axel with a smile. His smile then changed to a frown "Unfortunately i have to go now. Duty calls. I'll be back tomorrow though"

Skylar was so close to asking him to stay. This was the first time she had smiled since the attack, and it was only because he was so easy-going. But she let him go without complaint, "Thanks Axel, I'll be here if you need me."

"See you tomorrow! Remember to guard my hoodie!" Said Axel with a little chuckled as he exited.

He had a mission this evening. A drug dealing stakeout. As soon as he went out, an armored van picked him up so that he could gear up. This was gonna be a rough night.

It was a villa. No, a mansion. Heavily guarded too. "Team rainbow, you have been granted permission to use firearms. Neutralize all hostiles"

Alxel nodded "Affirmative. Rainbow 6 has confirmed the order. Team rainbow unit moving in" Said Axel as he and his team moved in.

What should have been an easy stakeout, turned out to be a clusterfuck of guards and heavily armored vehicles. "RAINBOW 6, GET YOUR TEAM OUT. WE ARE DETECTING HEAVY EXPLOSIVE SIGNATURES"

Axel was laying behind a counter. Bleeding from his right leg. "I will try" Muttered Axel, as he signalled all units to get out.

Suddenly, a familiar beebing noise caught his attention. Someone threw a grenade over to him! Despite the injuries, Axel got up and jumped out of the room and then everything went black...

The following day, Axel did not meet Skylar

Skylar woke up that day from yet another night terror. Unlike the first dream where she was being dragged away with no rescue, it was a complete repeat of the events of the first night right down to the tiny details. Except it was more vivid in the dream. She felt every step that landed on her, felt every heartbeat get louder, ever gunshot rang in her ears without the incessant buzzing, and by the end she was screaming awake.

Her shaking was so uncontrollable that finally the nurse had to sedate her. She just laid there, pinching her arms and legs when she felt like she would fall asleep so she wouldn't go back to that moment. But she laid there hurt, and not just from her injuries. Axel broke his promise to her to see her, and the disappointment stung even worse than the rest of her body. When she did finally fall asleep, it was after she basically smothered herself with Axel's jacket and her hands cut themselves on the edge of the badge from gripping it so tightly

Beep... Beep... Beep Ahh, the rhytmic sound of a heart monitor, along with stressed doctors rushing around him. What a nostalgic feeling... Axel smiled at the doctor "wassup doc? Am i finally crippled?" Asked Axel. "

"No, you are a lucky fuck. You just hit your head and passed out. So just lay low for today. We will patch your leg up too, it will heal within 4 days" Explained the doctor. Axel laughed

"Man, i really am lucky" He said "So where will i be resting?"

"Next to Skylar. A patient that you rescued" He said.

His smile dropped as he remembered his promise "How long have i been out?"

"A day"

"Shit..." Muttered Axel as he was moved in next to Skylar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back