• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Nexus Project (Interest Check)

Sensei Fox

Eater of Goldfish Crackers
Status Report Entry #1 - 11/21/10

This is Dr. Aedidab of the military research and development department. I was commissioned by Commander in Chief Mr. Uoyerawontramsoston (I always have to look up that name. Backwards) to engineer a sort of “Wonder drug”, if you will. He wanted to know if it was possible to create a medicine that cures all ills and even increases the subject** physical state. I said it was probably possible, and I was put at the head of this project. I dub it the Ad Finem Vitae Project. (I always have to look that up. In Latin.) My progress will be recorded in these progress logs.

Status Report Entry #2 - 11/22/10

It’s a regular Christmas miracle. On Thanksgiving. The answer came to me in a dream. I think I have a good idea of what components I should use to make this project a reality.

Status Report Entry #3.14 - 11/30/10

After numerous models and experiments, it is safe to say..... I was hopelessly incorrect. The elements I had thought I would be using proved to be too acidic - and too unstable. There have been 3 small explosions, 2 large explosions, and one total facility meltdown. Before tests can continue, I have to meet with the safety committee. It seems that we have had too many casualties. Those 40 workers and 2 janitors will be fine! Except for the 2 janitors. They’re dead. If only we could finish this project.

Status Report Entry #4 - 02/24/11

After proving our methods are safe (which took some convincing) we’re back at work. I discovered that by using several combinations of unstable isotopes of particular elements (found in my lab notes) we were able to turn them into a surprisingly stable compound with yet unseen peculiar effects. More testing must be done.

Status Report Entry #4 and - 03/01/11

Apparently, the state is concerned for my mental health. Of course I’m mentally healthy! I only devote approximately 142 hours per week on average to this project. How else am I going to get work done? Their concerns should be spent elsewhere.

Status Report #5 - 03/01/12

Released from mental hospital. Dreadfully boring. Best not to talk about it. While I was... incapacitated, my team was able to move on with surprisingly positive results. Must have been my excellent lab work, like this: *Unintelligible lettering* Muffin *Unintelligible lettering*. Anyways, the compound which I discovered (which I have named Fata Dator) has been vigorously tested and proven to be the next step in the project.

Status Report #6.66 - 06/16/12

Good news! My team and I have successfully taken the Fata Dator compound and formed it into a prototype drug, ready for animal testing. Progress of this development will be coming in the next few weeks to months.

Status Report #7isntaluckynumber - 11/11/12

It’s working exactly as planned! Injured test animal cells duplicate at a rate at least 3 times faster than normal. Even when uninjured, deoxyribonucleic acid changed a little so that muscle mass increases. An about 20% increase has been noted in speed, strength, endurance, and even basic intelligence. However, there is some bizarre (and worrying) mental activity happening, but it must be nothing. Dr. Erehenotramsylnoehtmi offered to perform the necessary modifications to allow human testing to begin, but I want to do it myself. Alone. Without anyone to change it but me. All by myself.

Status Report #13 - 11/22/12

Human testing has begun! Sadly, now that the Ad Finem Vitae Project has reached it’s peak, I must rename it to a more practical name: The Nexus Serum. Sadly, the Nexus Serum project is a military project, and as such, is top secret.

You awoke with a splitting headache.

“Ooof. That really smarts..* What had happened? It was all so.. hazy.. you tried to get up, but realized he couldn't. you were restrained on an operating table. Quickly turning your head side to the side, you got a good look at his surroundings. you were on a grey operating table underneath a single dim overhead lamp. You couldn't see the ceiling. To your left and right, hundreds of similar operating tables had occupants restrained as well. Although there were a lot of lights, the room still wasn't lit very well, and there were shadows across most of the people’s faces.

“...How did I get here?” In fact, you didn’t remember much of anything except for your name.. Then, you felt something. It was... different. Not normal. Not that you could remember what normal felt like, but he knew this was somehow different. It was like some other power that was never meant to be wielded by human hands flowed through your veins. You heard a yell behind you.

“Where am I??” It was male, and deeper than your's. The sound seemed to activate something in your mind, like an old run down machine finally starting up again after a long time. Although it was different, it wasn’t normal, it felt natural. It was a part of you.

“I don’t know.” If you could have moved his hands, you would have moved them and covered your mouth. The voice you spoke with had sounded like the other man’s.

“Who was that?” You sounded a little scared, then a little angry. “This is some freaky shit going on here.” Behind you, you heard the sound of metal bending, then snapping. The noise sent shivers down your spine. Suddenly, a square-ish face popped out above your face. “Was that you who sounded like me?”

“Uhh yeah?” Again, it was the other person’s voice from your lips.

“Okay, that’s just messed up.” They both turned their heads to your left, where someone off in the distance was groaning as they woke up. “Enough messing around.” The guy walked around the operating table, and grabbed the clamp holding your left arm down and bent it open. He was rippling with muscle, and he proceeded to break the other three restraining devices. “Come on. We have to get out of this place.”

There was a bright light to your right.

You turned your head and saw someone literally on fire, melting the metal that kept him on the operating table, but leaving his clothes and skin unscathed. He looked at his blazing hands, and then blasted fireballs at other people’s shackles. You heard all sorts of other noises coming from all around. You realized that they were all breaking free, either themselves, or one another.

Suddenly, a loud noise sounded from an unseen intercom above.

“To all test subjects: stand down or face the consequences. Remain on your tables and await further instruction.”

“That doesn’t sound good,” said the brute of a man next to you. They looked around for an exit, and finally saw a set of double doors. As they ran towards it, a small group of men armed with guns and wearing some special type of black armor came out the door.

“Down on the ground! Spread your hands out and keep them where I can see them,” said the soldier in the front. He must be the leader. When neither of you two followed the instructions, the other soldiers aimed their guns at the two.

“Insubordination will not be tolerated! Down on the ground!” The leader aimed his gun at the ceiling and fired three rounds, showing that he wasn’t afraid to order his men to fire.

“Step aside, gentlemen.” You turned around and saw someone wearing purple. He lifted up his hands and a nearby table picked itself up from the ground in a purple glow and hurled itself at the soldiers, leaving the way out open. An alarm blared. Other people heard the sound of the gunshots and the alarm, because everyone who could move and wasn’t helping someone else was running towards the door.

“I don’t want to stay here.” The purple guy ran out the door, and you followed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there you have it. That's going to be the basis of the story. Just a quick check on who would be interested in this. Of course this will be edited and expanded in time but who would want to join in here? This will be a superpowered/super-engineered human RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all, I'm still adding a bit to it In exposition as you can see but we could start very soon with this much interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back