• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The New York Safe Area (Closed)

Lord Bradorian

Naughtius Maximus
In 2050 the world has fallen apart due to nuclear fallout. In New York City, the remains of the U.S. government had pursued a continuation of their life through the building of a safe zone in NYC. This safe zone expanded to include most of the city and it's suburbs, along with some outlying settlements. The military established a dictatorship over the NYC Safe Area. After a few years, a violent uprising occurred. After a month long conflict resulting in thirty deaths, the military was overthrown. A civilian government arose, with the surviving military serving them instead. A year has passed, and that civilian government has started passing some tyrannical acts similar to those of the military dictatorship, out of necessity due to the thinning of resources as time marches on.

You play as a leader of one of the settlements on the outskirts of the NYC Safe Area.

The RP will have a 1 week time control, to keep things flowing. If you can't keep up ur SOL <3

Last edited:
Now this certainly seems interesting, mind if this skeleton throws his hat into the ring?

Settlement Ideas/NPC Settlement/Bump

NG Armory Settlement: Run by the former captain of the army regime. Most of the remnants of said regime operate out of here, though under strict surveillance by the civilian authorities. Militant and bellicose, this settlement runs out of an abandoned office building nearby the city itself.

Trader's Den: Located nearby the capital, the trader's den only has about a dozen permanent denizens. However, on any given day, over a hundred visitors can be seen. This place is the center of commerce in the New York Safe Area. It is under the protection of the 'Constabulary.'

The Village: The nearby town of Ithaca has been cordoned off and made safe, and is home to a community of thirteen families whom have banded together since the beginning of the military's rule. They live by subsistence farming, of which they control most of the land for in the Safe Area - however, the Nomads have been causing them issues, as they start to look for a way to settle down in the Safe Area, since scavenging has become less fruitful and has required unsafe expeditions outside the safety of the sentry.

The Nomads: Lawless riders whom patrol the desolate unoccupied regions of the Safe Area and risk venturing beyond it, in the hunt for loot and supplies. They have a close bond with the traders at the Den, whom pay them handsomely for the trinkets and niceties they find in the wastes. Recently, however, things have grown more unsafe outside as a mysterious, large gang of marauders has appeared, resulting in the Nomads looking inward for resources, and doing some marauding themselves.

the main theme of the rp is how numerous the settlements are and how divided - they all have their own goals and agendas. navigating this web of politics will be neccesary for survival and prosperity of ur settlement

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon ur joining bud end of discussion

Note that you do not have to be the leader of your faction, you could be a member of a council with some npcs or another player or otherwise

So how realistic or scifi is this going? Are there mutants or more just humanity stabbing itself?

There are mutants but they're pretty rare besides newborns and young children being born with/developing extra appendages or organs

I should question, is there a difference made when deciding the amount of individuals within a group to start out with? Or is the number of individuals moreso an sort of counting thing that serves more for story purposes?

I should question, is there a difference made when deciding the amount of individuals within a group to start out with? Or is the number of individuals moreso an sort of counting thing that serves more for story purposes?
you'd probably be more involved in the overall machinations of the safe area with a larger population, or be treated with mistrust if you weren't

So how far out is the NY Safe Zone? Debating where to base a cult or revolutionary group.

NY, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Orange, Putnam, Duchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Delaware, Green, Columbia. Known friendly settlements are in Essex and Oswego. "Marauders" have been spotted in Steuben, Yanks, and concerningly, Chenango.new-yotk-counties-map.png

Last edited:
SA population 870. 105 soldiers. though only a handful of soldiers were killed in the rising, surviving politicians and several hundred loyalist soldiers were banished from the safe zone afterwards. The remainders are defectors.

The last president of the United States was killed in the revolt. If there's any government left out there, you're definelty a terrorist organization to them. but all those soldiers and politicians probably just split up

What's tech looking like? Pondering having my faction liking to broadcast into the main zone.

Hmm, I’m thinking of making either an group of medical professionals holding out within a hospital or an group of former police officers and riot squad members acting as a sort of mercenary squad.

Is it possible to play as a group of people cosplaying as Revolutionary War people or Medevial Times style people?

If yes to the first, I'll base their location on the Bethpage Restoration!

Hmm, I’m thinking of making either an group of medical professionals holding out within a hospital or an group of former police officers and riot squad members acting as a sort of mercenary squad.
you could be the Constabulary. if you're interested pm me I'll give u deets on what I had planned for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back