The New OOC and Hangout

Also the CEO of Aegis has light manipulation powers, but he's an NPC so don't worry so much about him.

Kingsly Rothlundt - A, Parasitic symbiote

Tomato Sato - C, Enhanced intelligence

Hadrian Branson - C, Regeneration

Oliver McGinty - D, Telepathy

Jeremiah Johnson - C, Light Manipulation

Annaliesse Van Can - D, Enhanced Linguilism

Manami Hamasaki - C, Fishgirl

Jennifer Brontes - B, Cold Manipulation

Lucas Markley - B, Electrical Physiology

Dante Niccals, Jr - S, Super strength

Ren Lee - D, Retrocognition

Eden Trammel - A, Wound transfer

Samantha Casan - B, Super speed

Marianne Ross - B, Portals

Aaron Mallory - S, Singularity

Eve Knox - A, Sound manipulation

Urial Ursler - C, Mind transfer

Klaus Voss Scheiffer - A, Poison control

Morgan Neverlin - A, Psionic Construction

Penelope Urbain - C, Radiation Emission

Ophelia Zielinski - D, Tentacles

Minato Saotome - B, Bird Manipulation

Avecca Zayne - D, Genetic resilience

Page Morgan - B, Fire manipulation

Victoria Beckett - A, Laser vision

Daniel Treviso - B, Energy absorption

Jessica Turnbull - A, Gaseous Form

Kendrick Haywood - C, Toyota manipulation

Cecillia Pellegrini - B, Wind manipulation

Allan McNabb - S, Nanobots

Viola Porter - B, Electricity Manipulation

Kyle Keysor - A, Dream manipulation

Tabitha Crane - B, Gigantism

Gabriele D’Avolo - A, Shadow manipulation

Isabella Chase - B, Feline Physiology

Christopher Kravitz - C, Enhanced Intelligence (calculations)

Lucius Tolbert - C, Glow in the dark

Jordan Brahn - C, Enhanced Intelligence

Asher Torchinovich - A, Sound manipulation

Mitch Castle - B, Superpower mimicry

Denzil De Clerk - C, Plant manipulation

Hunter Ward - S, Metal manipulation

Jason Swan - A, Sound manipulation

Morgan Brahn - B, Telepathy

This should be the names, Rank, and powers(in simplest form) of all accepted characters. 

Are there synopsis of other previous episodes beyond the first one? I'm uncertain exactly where this roleplay is at. Are all characters to be in training for their Blue Cards still and attending classes at Aegis?

Are there synopsis of other previous episodes beyond the first one? I'm uncertain exactly where this roleplay is at. Are all characters to be in training for their Blue Cards still and attending classes at Aegis?

aegisroleplay.wordpress.com For all your synopsis needs!

The meat and potatoes of the RP is the students at Facility 108. Receiving mandatory Super training and the optional path to getting a Bluecard. However, there are charactereally outside of Aegis. Such as villains, non super civilians, Super heroes, Aegis Staff, Commonwealth Agents, etc.

What @The J said. Also, I think there are links direct to the episode synopses in the role-play manual if i recall correctly. The  blog is pretty big, consisting mostly of writing prompts, so the direct links near the bottom of the link Nessy provided might be helpful… Sorry they are so wordy. There is a TL;DR version somewhere...

Also, while it is possible to have other roles than student, it is STRONGLY recommended that your first character be a student.  Nobody is allowed to start with a teacher. 

And while there isn't a rule per se, it is encouraged to start with a lower rank super. B is ok. C is better. D is best, but harder to write an interesting character for. (Prehensile hair could totally be D rank though, depending on the conception.)

//has not finished linking all the synopses

//is a terrible GM

What @The J said. Also, I think there are links direct to the episode synopses in the role-play manual if i recall correctly. The  blog is pretty big, consisting mostly of writing prompts, so the direct links near the bottom of the link Nessy provided might be helpful… Sorry they are so wordy. There is a TL;DR version somewhere...

Also, while it is possible to have other roles than student, it is STRONGLY recommended that your first character be a student.  Nobody is allowed to start with a teacher. 

And while there isn't a rule per se, it is encouraged to start with a lower rank super. B is ok. C is better. D is best, but harder to write an interesting character for. (Prehensile hair could totally be D rank though, depending on the conception.)

I disagree.

D characters can be highly interesting! And should be valued more than higher ranks! Ninja Oppie is much more interesting than the boring prude Vicky.

Thanks for the quick responses all. How do robots fit into such a classification scenario? Does the Commonwealth handle classification of such robots - if they are classified at all? Are there restrictions on the level of development of robotics and artificial intelligence?

I disagree.

D characters can be highly interesting! And should be valued more than higher ranks! Ninja Oppie is much more interesting than the boring prude Vicky.

No, you Don't disagree. I said it is harder to do. That is not to say they are not MORE interesting, just that it is easier to substitute power for clever when power is available.

A well done character is well done because it is well done. D rank, done well ARE more interesting. But it is harder to do well. (So is S rank but for different reasons)

Edited to add: It is unfortunate that this went onto next page, because it is inconvenient to look back. But what you said is exactly what I said: D is best = D should be most highly valued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick responses all. How do robots fit into such a classification scenario? Does the Commonwealth handle classification of such robots - if they are classified at all? Are there restrictions on the level of development of robotics and artificial intelligence?

Robots have a separate but similar ranking system, with processing power instead of intelligence and such like. 

I think it is in the manual, but I am not sure...

It is around here somewhere...

Robots have a separate but similar ranking system, with processing power instead of intelligence and such like. 

I think it is in the manual, but I am not sure...

It is around here somewhere...

To clarify: I'm asking who does the rankings for them. Are they required to be registered with a Blue Card or something equivalent to perform tasks? Is there even such a system in place for them? If so, does the Commonwealth handle said system or is there another organization responsible for that?

To clarify: I'm asking who does the rankings for them. Are they required to be registered with a Blue Card or something equivalent to perform tasks? Is there even such a system in place for them? If so, does the Commonwealth handle said system or is there another organization responsible for that?

That is less clear. We only have two robots. One is maintenance guy for school. The other is posing as human

Things like rights and such have not been explored yet to my knowledge, but lore questions are for @welian 

@Gus Prehensile hair sound awesome btw.

Robots should have no rights.

If they did, they would not have any reason to be our tyrannical oppressors in Season 3.

Hello everyone *bows* I've been accepted here, but haven't come up with a character yet. Please guide me well *bows again*

Hello everyone *bows* I've been accepted here, but haven't come up with a character yet. Please guide me well *bows again*

Hello there Iris!  Welcome to AEGIS!  ^3^

Here's a quote from the PM welcome message we crafted the other night! Since you're already here, maybe there's no issue to post it here as well >w<

"[SIZE=15.333333333333332px]Welcome to the Aegis roleplay! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.333333333333332px]The first thing you should do as a new member of the roleplay is post a player app thread in the[/SIZE][SIZE=15.333333333333332px] [/SIZE][SIZE=15.333333333333332px]Help Desk.[/SIZE][SIZE=15.333333333333332px] It’s a form that you fill out with a little information about yourself so that the Game Masters can get to know you better.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.333333333333332px]After you’ve posted your Player App, you should then introduce yourself in our[/SIZE][SIZE=15.333333333333332px] [/SIZE]OOC thread (YOU'RE HERE!)[SIZE=15.333333333333332px] and start working on your first character. Everyone’s first character will be a student at Facility 108 – but that doesn’t mean your character has to be school aged. Most characters discover their powers as teens or young adults, but it can take even longer for the government to identify them and place them into federally mandated training programs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.333333333333332px]Additional information about the roleplay can be found in the[/SIZE][SIZE=15.333333333333332px] [/SIZE][SIZE=15.333333333333332px]Roleplay Manual[/SIZE][SIZE=15.333333333333332px], which describes how the roleplay is organized and where everything is located, the general setting of the story, and has links to summaries so that new players can catch up on events to date without reading entire threads.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.333333333333332px]If you have any questions, feel free to ask around in the OOC thread, or post in the Help Desk.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.333333333333332px]-'Crew' you can contact for help-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.333333333333332px]GMs[/SIZE][SIZE=15.333333333333332px] (For lore questions): Welian, Teh Frixz, Luddeus.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Character Committee[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] (For character creation questions): KingHink, Gus, St Stare.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Acolytes[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] (Entitled with helping newcomers get situated in the RP): Gus, Bag o Fruit, Necessity4Fun, St Stare.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Hope this helps!!! OWO[/SIZE]

Thank you, that's so kind of you > w <

I'm currently working on my character, but I still can't imagine how much the power of each rank can effect the surrounding. And since ithe game's been running, should my char be a new student admitted to the school or someone already studying there? May my char have connection with other chars? And may I add information like some friends or relationship with characters nobody play?

May my char have connection with other chars? And may I add information like some friends or relationship with characters nobody play?

Yes to both, you can discuss with other rpers if you want your character to know each other, or you can add NPCs in your character relationship section. Most of us do that : p

All characters have some made up NPC's for history and for preexisting relationships, well you can figure that out with other players!! 

As for stats.

1 is below average to zilch.

2 is average human.

3 is maximum capability of normal humans.

9 is off the scales really heavy uber high power.

However not all powers are equal. An S rank genius wouldn't be able to effect the surroundings like an S rank black hole guy.

For those cases, there is a secondary rank. The genough being an S1 and black hole being an S5. 

My suggestion is to not worry at all about rank yet. Amd don't worry about being strong. We on the character committee love seeing creative use of lower tier powers.

Think of a fun power first! Prehensile hair is an idea that was thrown out for anyone to use so let's go with that for our example.

Think of what you want it to do. 

In this case to control their own hair and choke people and stuff.

So we would want to make their hair durable for a supporting power.

So from that little bit we could say the hair is controlled by will. So we can throw the WILL stat to a healthy 4.

Since it has the strength to break necks and throw people around with ease, let's also make STRENGTH a 4

Hmm. It could be used for defense. I think 3 would be fair for that. Maybe  3 for agility too, to swing around with.

But stats like health and intelligence are unaffected by the power. So an average 2 is perfectly fine. (Remember that the intelligence score DOES NOT reflect how smart your character is. A 2 can easily outscore a 5 on the SATs.)

For energy, the average for a normal human is 1. 

Does that help, @Iris 8th?

Cool! I'm looking forward to them XD

For now I think building personality and character story consume more time, though I can't wait to join everyone XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back