• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Network - Urban Fantasy Monster Hunter RP OOC/Discussion

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So Werewolves specifically have two types of transformations. There is the Alpha type which are the bipedal and the Beta type, which have four legs. I'll leave it up to discussion about changing at will. But on the full moon events when there is a full moon transformation is forced. Being that you asked about this which would you prefer? only forced to change on the full moon. Being able to change willingly but have to change in the full moon. Or perhaps something else entirely. Until I have an official werewolf lore it's still open to discussion.

I’m pretty open to the lot of them, bipedal van helsing type, classic quadruped, even just being a wolf with some supernatural strengths. Alpha and Beta types sound pretty good for a staple, to the point and easy. I think keeping a full transition on the full moon, and maybe just normally they have heightened senses and physical capabilities than the average human?

I think maybe alphas could change in and out when they choose. While betas are not as in control of their transformations, Just a thought ofc. Also, would a quadruped werewolf look like just a wolf? or maybe something more human-like ginger from ginger snaps?

I think maybe alphas could change in and out when they choose. While betas are not as in control of their transformations, Just a thought ofc. Also, would a quadruped werewolf look like just a wolf? or maybe something more human-like ginger from ginger snaps?
That is a terrific question. In the case of a quadruped wolf, the wolf form could look like a wolf and sizes could range from 5 feet at the shoulders and 10ft long. just like the alpha types range from 7 to 9 feet tall depending on the human.

I also like the idea that certain types can change willingly while others are more controlled it kind of adds an original element to it. I was also thinking that if there is a human infected with Lycanthropy it would have to be on a full moon. Other nights are not infectious but still deadly.

What does everyone think of a more scientific approach to these creatures such as werewolves and cryptids. I am still working on some more lore for the rp but thought I would ask for opinions on this sort of approach.

What does everyone think of a more scientific approach to these creatures such as werewolves and cryptids. I am still working on some more lore for the rp but thought I would ask for opinions on this sort of approach.

I think that would be interesting, perhaps more grounded as opposed to fantastical, but that also takes away the ability to hand-wave away certain ideas—or, at the very least, require a sort of scientific explanation for everything. I think it would still be great though.

I think that would be interesting, perhaps more grounded as opposed to fantastical, but that also takes away the ability to hand-wave away certain ideas—or, at the very least, require a sort of scientific explanation for everything. I think it would still be great though.
Thanks, I am working on an update for my recruitment bump. But For a good example of the approach I am taking. Vampires in this sense wouldn't be undead creatures. Rather an evolutionary step similar to the vampire bat. This would indeed diminish the magical abilities associated with vampires. But I kind of want to move towards a more logical approach. So in a sense it would make sense that perhaps vampires or Homo Desmodus, wrote their own history to keep their existence mystified. With the groundwork laid out it was easy for the Network to keep up the facade. I even prepared a scientific explanation to their specific diet based off the vampire bat. Which is they would have anticoagulants in their saliva sharper Incisors with no enamel. This would allow them to feed from arteries. We know that arterial spray can be pretty strong so it's supported in that sense.

Another question, Would anyone be interested in a discord?

Thanks, I am working on an update for my recruitment bump. But For a good example of the approach I am taking. Vampires in this sense wouldn't be undead creatures. Rather an evolutionary step similar to the vampire bat. This would indeed diminish the magical abilities associated with vampires. But I kind of want to move towards a more logical approach. So in a sense it would make sense that perhaps vampires or Homo Desmodus, wrote their own history to keep their existence mystified. With the groundwork laid out it was easy for the Network to keep up the facade. I even prepared a scientific explanation to their specific diet based off the vampire bat. Which is they would have anticoagulants in their saliva sharper Incisors with no enamel. This would allow them to feed from arteries. We know that arterial spray can be pretty strong so it's supported in that sense.

Another question, Would anyone be interested in a discord?

That sounds hella good, and gives a lot of space for extra lore. And, sure, discord would be neato.

Qazi Qazi , ItcamefromtheVoid ItcamefromtheVoid

I agree that a scientific approach would be interesting. Especially since we have irl evidence of how these ‘supernatural’ traits came to be: Booseum: Vampires!
It wouldn’t be too hard to still root it in actual biology and science.

Spooky stuff. It would be neat to explore precisely how these creatures reproduce—or transmit their nature to others—, or why antagonistic substances (e.g. silver) affect them as such.

Such good discussion going on. I should have another Lore Entry for vampires today once I am finished work. It will be really interesting to see everyone's characters.

Hello everyone I hope you are all still interested my character is getting lonely in the section all by themselves. Just know this week I plan on adding some more lore to the lore thread. This weeks topics for the Lore will be about Wendigos and others like them. Depending on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back