News The Natural Disaster Comiseration Thread

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey guys! Are you about to get smashed by Irma? Were you flooded out by Harvey? Are you breathing in the soot of wildfires?

Then, this is your lucky break!

Well, not really. I can't stop natural disasters.

But if you're miserable and you know it, clap your hands and pull up a seat, and complain about the weather.

Hey guys! Are you about to get smashed by Irma? Were you flooded out by Harvey? Are you breathing in the soot of wildfires?

Then, this is your lucky break!

Well, not really. I can't stop natural disasters.

But if you're miserable and you know it, clap your hands and pull up a seat, and complain about the weather.
Hi we're so far away from the ocean that we're not supposed to get hurricanes and probably never have before.
But Irma is heading straight for our city like it's on a mission. It's gonna become a tropical storm a some point just before, while there, or just after it hits. But we could be looking at a category 1 hurricane. FRICKIN HOW.

Hall Kervean Hall Kervean Good luck! Prepare for a lot of wind and rain for a couple days in a row, and make sure you have a plan to pack up all your lawn furniture and use bungee cords to strap your trash cans to the side of your house.

Also, don't forget the the giant-ass solar flare that just hit.

Bone2pick Bone2pick I hope your roof holds too! If it's not too late, I suggest double-checking the gutters and sealing the edge of your windows with duct tape.

Hall Kervean Hall Kervean Good luck! Prepare for a lot of wind and rain for a couple days in a row, and make sure you have a plan to pack up all your lawn furniture and use bungee cords to strap your trash cans to the side of your house.

Also, don't forget the the giant-ass solar flare that just hit.

Bone2pick Bone2pick I hope your roof holds too! If it's not too late, I suggest double-checking the gutters and sealing the edge of your windows with duct tape.
HA
PLANS
^U^
We're gonna shove our lawn furniture in the garage
beyond that
NURP

Dafrick
It's gonna hit the SATELLITES
The DAY BEFORE Irma makes landfall in the U.S. (It's gonna hit today)

Last edited:
Garage is honestly not a bad place to put your lawn furniture.

Thanks for the tips welian welian . We put up shutters and battened down every hatch we saw. I'll be taking my family to my mother's house (ten minutes away) right before the storm hits. She has a new, up to code, block house with impact glass on every window. Hopefully that'll be enough.

If you have a UPS (uninterruptible power supply), go ahead and make sure your modem/router is plugged into it. If the power goes out ad the infrastructure is functioning, you should still have Internet for a while.

Update: Jose seems to be preparing to kick the Bahamas while they're down.

Whabbout them other small islands? They got hit while Irma was still a cat 5, and they haven't had time to rebuild, either.
I don't know all the names of the other small islands, so I didn't say them.

Windstorms are NASTY. That's the stuff that takes out my internet.

As someone who lives in somewhere where the only strange thing is the temperature and the resulting weather (Over the course of a week we had fall, winter, spring, and summer. It went from the 60's to low enough to snow, then up to about the 50's before shooting up to the 80's by the end of the week), I don't have to deal with a lot. Heck, a tornado is a really big deal where I live, since they just *don't happen.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back