• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Nations of Anan (Male Sorcerer and misc. roles open!)

Soviet Panda

Red Panda Commanda.
Roleplay Type(s)
OVERTURE
War - the sinew of a perpetual fate that plagues the inhabitants of this world. For those that stayed, it has always been the way. As for those who left, their silent graves spoke of their sentiments.

To the North, in the realm of forests and snow, Varangia seeks passage south, contending with its neighbors for fertile lands and to escape the Great White. A society of great warriors and nimble seafarers, they are poised to claim what is theirs. Headed by High King Hrothgar, the United Kingdoms of Varangia are masters of cold steel and boiling blood.

In the West, Lemoin stands on the precipice of great turmoil. Home of the governed and the ungovernable, the democratic realm prided itself as a principled people with a self-governing rule to venture beyond what they called the “cradle of the world.” Under King Louis XIV, Lemoini knights stood fast against the barbarians at their gates, ready to defend democracy until the very end.

The elusive Eastern realm, home of the Guo Dynasty, long divided by strife, is now united in heart by the Mandate of the Skyward Paradise. Bolstered by ambitious warlords and great scholars throughout the ages, the bitter, long history of hatred against their unrelenting neighbors eventually became the sole purpose of their existence. The Guo believes in the principle of peace via order, of which can only be achieved by total domination. Forsaking the rampant changes of the world, the Guo is steadfast in honor of its traditions and adamant identity.

Southward, where traditions and spirits collide, great chiefs and shamans came to each other’s aid, bearing their might of arms against those that would threaten the sacred grounds that bore their ancestor’s names. The unforgiving flames of the Fiery Altar would be brought to bear against those that would defile the sacred rituals of the chosen mages. As the realm of great casters finds itself at the crossroads of bloodthirsty nations, only the Chosen are worthy to carry out the High Priestess Zaniyah’s will.

Engulfed by war, the absolution of their forebears' sins can only be found in the utter destruction of their foes. Alas, as the way of the world began to evolve, wars fell into the embracing arms of those that have mastered the arts of trade. Beyond the vestige of forgotten roots and mindless hatred, the key of the new world was only mastered by the Zirma. Where others have mastered the sword and the arcane, Zirma began to manifest themselves as the debt collector of their neighbors. Eventually, the toll that accrued in their rise to power as a mercantile powerhouse would be exacted upon the Four Realms in an unexpected turn of events.

While the wars of the four realms rage on, a sinister calamity befell the great merchants and pilgrims of the Zirma. Desperate for a swift resolution to the mysterious disappearances of their caravans and convoys, they sought the help of the Four Realms. While it is a simple decision to ignore their request, the implication of their outrage would be swifter to witness. For centuries, the Zirma found itself enriched by the Four Kingdoms. Materials, mercenaries, supplies, food, medicines and many other services exported from the Zirma have since become the sustainable crutch in which the Four Kingdoms would conduct its perpetual conflicts. To lose a war is a folly, but to lose the Zirma's support could spell a disaster.

A letter of great consideration and assumptions now reside upon the doorsteps of each Kingdom, with a scheme attached to it. A chance to finally formulate the fragile idea of peace, but by the way of either heart or mind. Unbeknownst to the young souls that now stand beside their lieges - a new future awaits them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello all! I have been itching for an arraigned marriage rp for quite some time and have recently had a Thanos moment and decided I would do it myself. Below will be a brief overview of the four civilizations and the available roles to choose from. We will be filling the royalty roles first, since they are crucial to this rp even working. As always, if you have questions feel free to ask! Without further ado, the four playable civilizations and the available roles.

Varangian Kingdoms
Northern most realm with many smaller kingdoms uniting under one High King, currently High King Hrothgar. Male dominated society with the mentality of 'might makes right' with those showing physical prowess taking up higher positions of power. Exceptions are made for those that are strategically brilliant. Current lineage of the crown goes to Eldest son, Male relative, Female relative. Viking and other northern "barbarian" cultures.

Guo Dynasty
Eastern most realms whose matriarchal rulers are chosen by blood. Current ruler is Empress Guo Dai. Strong traditionalist tendencies lead most to be born, and die, into their social status. Many noble lines have ties to the throne, but currently the Empress's Eldest Daughter is the named heir, with her other daughter a second, and son a distant third, far more likely to be used as a political pawn. Asian cultures.

Nation States of Lemoine
A Democratic Monarchy headed by King Louis XIV to the west. A selected body of governors of the various states under Lemoine rule are used as advisors to the ruler, and can over rule them in certain scenarios, even electing their own. Current heir is the Eldest son, followed by female relative, then male relative. European cultures namely British, French, and Spanish.

The Teotl Empire
The vast and religious jungle empire of the south themed around Mesoamerican cultures. Magical might, specifically concerning fire, makes right with High Priestess Zaniyah. Heirs are most powerful spell caster (female), second strongest (male), weak caster (female). Mesoamerican culture.
Varangian Kingdoms
Guo Dynasty
Nation States of Lemoine
Teotl Empire

Updates:
To avoid any future problems. All of your characters will be 18+, preferably 21+.

Last edited:
I only had time for a quick read, but I am tentatively quite interested, especially with the Varangians.

OK, I've read in more detail. If I reserved the female Varagian relative, could I make her a badass fighter type? If not, I'll reserve the male relative, please.

OK, I've read in more detail. If I reserved the female Varagian relative, could I make her a badass fighter type? If not, I'll reserve the male relative, please.
You certainly can! Though remember, she will be a bit of an odd duck in the Varangian Kingdoms. A woman fighting isn't something you see everyday (in the Varangian Kingdoms).

You certainly can! Though remember, she will be a bit of an odd duck in the Varangian Kingdoms. A woman fighting isn't something you see everyday (in the Varangian Kingdoms).
Totally understand. She'll have fun putting doubters in their place! 😉

put me in as eldest son for Nation States of Lemoine please uwu :3

Think he means just not real people. Anything else is fair game
Excited Lets Go GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back