• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Mysterious Play: Hierophant of skies OOC

I mean if it's done I hardly see what another vote would change.. and whether it would be a good idea to let it.

OH SHI--

kermit-thats-a-very-good-point.gif

A very late Happy Valentine's Day to all of you as well!

And I'm really sorry I couldn't make it earlier, but my recovery wasn't quite as smooth as I hoped (in fact, I managed to catch Covid while I was sick from something else, despite my vaccines... yay...). But now I'm finally better and I'll be around for the next votes! :)

And I'm really sorry I couldn't make it earlier, but my recovery wasn't quite as smooth as I hoped (in fact, I managed to catch Covid while I was sick from something else, despite my vaccines... yay...). But now I'm finally better and I'll be around for the next votes! :)

Just in case you didn't get a notification, Minako already posted the next one. Feel free to check it out if you're feeling better :D

And I wish you a swift rest of recovery!

Ahue hue hue~

Oh no!

I'm so, so, so, so glad to hear you're better, especially after COVID! D//x;

Curse this pandemic and people who won't wear a darn mask (or not get vaxxed) and help END this global merry-go-round of *catch the disease*!!

Like, this ain't Pokemon! You do NOT need to catch (or spread) them all (the variants, I mean)!

Heh, in all seriousness, I'm SO glad you're feeling better! Welcome back!

I hope you guys are all shocked and taken aback by this new revelation, and hope you all liked these posts and the next one!

Thank you! Luckily my Covid symptoms weren't that bad (one thing where my vaccine seems to have come through for me after all), but I was already dealing with my other infection, and so the whole thing dragged on for a while.
Like, this ain't Pokemon! You do NOT need to catch (or spread) them all (the variants, I mean)!
This is the best way to sum up this whole pandemic I've heard so far, haha! :) I may borrow that in the future, if you don't mind!

And I'm very impressed with the new set of posts! Thank you again for all the effort you are putting into this quest, it turns out great every time! <3

Thank you! Luckily my Covid symptoms weren't that bad (one thing where my vaccine seems to have come through for me after all), but I was already dealing with my other infection, and so the whole thing dragged on for a while.

This is the best way to sum up this whole pandemic I've heard so far, haha! :) I may borrow that in the future, if you don't mind!

And I'm very impressed with the new set of posts! Thank you again for all the effort you are putting into this quest, it turns out great every time! <3
ACK! I am SO sorry to hear that! But yeah, glad the vaccine helped, I mean, that's what it was made for, but still... :(

😂 Go right ahead and use it, LMAOOOOO!!

And thanks! I was drawing nonstop for days QAQ;;; Was A LOT.

Also, yes, this new development was shoved at the end in the original Fushigi Yuugi, and HONESTLY given Miss Watase was like... 17, 18 (ye, she was a child prodigy having her Fushigi Yuugi Manga published at that age)... When she wrote it, I think this new revelation was used for an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT purpose than mine is...

*looks at the two female leads of the original Fushigi Yuugi...*

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah... I kept the twist in my version for an entirely different reason... :-_-lines: Much love and MAD PROPS to Miss Watase for all her talent and brilliance... but...

There are parts...in Fushigi Yuugi... Where... You can TELL it was written by a 17/18-year-old 😅

That being said, I will dive more into this once this Quest RP is over, and possibly at the start of the next one. I will definitely say Miss Watase improved ten billion percent when writing the NEXT installment of Fushigi Yuugi, Genbu Kaiden (a.k.a The Legend of Genbu)!

I'm not the type to blindly worship things I'm a fan of... In fact, It wasn't even the original Fushigi Yuugi that inspired THIS Quest RP, but Genbu Kaiden and Byakko Senki (Eeeh, and I guess by proxy Byakko Ibun...) ! THOSE are why you're even reading this Quest RP (well, kinda ;) ) and not the first FY installment... Fushigi Yuugi original is actually more a GUILTY PLEASURE than anything to me, if I'm honest! ^^;;

Genbu Kaiden, however, is actually one of three pieces of Media I've consumed that has ACTUALLY BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES (I think aside from Danganronpa and like Jojo? I think??) so as soon as I felt a tear drop reading Genbu Kaiden I was formulating THIS story (and others~)!

AAAAAH if only I wasn't busy with tests! That aside this time's reply was really fast...

Hopefully I won't get saddled with more massive work after the test on Thursday and I'll be able to give a proper try to this post's game.

Idea Idea !

LOL, You're fast!

Actually, despite my competency (or lack thereof, ahyuck~), Corny's segments are ACTUALLY supposed to be posted one RIGHT AFTER the other!

I usually would wait like a DAY or so, but really, once the answers have been posted, why wait? 😅

That being said, don't worry, post when ya can, and good luck with this post's puzzle! (It's not too hard, but hopefully, it makes you think a lot!)

PatriasLover PatriasLover

First of all: Welcome~!!

ConcretePleasingFantail-max-1mb.gif

Secondly, in response to your question: Not exactly, No! Don't worry, none of your characters have sprang into this world or anything! 😅

When you vote, in CORNELIA'S CASE, it's more like the right answer (a.k.a your guy's posts) pop up in Corny's head! Figuring out Celosia's hint (that was the voice at the beginning of the post!) allowed her to decode the message Celosia was trying to send: Find the link between the real world and the book world!
anime-anime-girl.gif

This segment is a bit different, as it is now INVESTIGATION! You have to examine all her items in order to trigger the next part!

You choose the notebook!

Let's see what the others will choose! Idea Idea Felis Felis

Good luck, guys!

Alright, so!

IDK when RPN took down or turned off that weirdo uuuuh attachments thing at the bottom of posts with images uploaded straight to the post, BUT THEY DID!

And now I am on a quest to fix every. single. post. so their images STOP. BREAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been driving me mad and I need to restore my sanity before I have none left!

ALSO! I AM SO SORRY! I AM DUMB AND MISREAD!!!

I AM FIXING THIS POST!

Hey guys!

SO SORRY I've been a little slow lately!

Hopefully, I can speed up soon, I was slowing down not to get burnt out and I think I'm almost completely recovered from it!

Uhm... so... sound off, who's still here? 😅

also, Elias vs. Elysia fight track totally is this song in my head:

Sorry for the slow reply (both here and on the quest), but I'm still here!

And I'm glad to hear you're feeling better with regards to burnout! :)

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sound off, who still here? 😯

I am not sure who all noticed this or not, but we got a shout-out in the monthly newsletter! WHOA!

whoa-wow.gif

d38a35aeb089b80409d1987708e70295.gif

For real though, I didn't think anyone asides you few posters even read the RP, let alone caught the mod's attention to nominate it for RP of the Month!

MINBLOWN~!!!!!
Chris Pratt Reaction GIF by sahlooter

It's nice too, cause I was gonna do a whole huge "mock interview" upon completion of this RP (read: analysis of the FY series as a whole and exactly what changed between the two and how despite the decade long gap I was still blown away by the differences because it was almost like a completely different author wrote them, though coupled with the art, of course, it was the same person who grew more than just in art skills but like also she probably ISN'T the same person as she was when she wrote it cause despite my past experiences with people she actually changed and grew as a person and until I met my S.O. I didn't really think people could do that lmaoooo) and I had like a bazillion questions and jokes as answers (literally one answer is a custom meme I made for the interview LMAO!) and it was planned to be a good time!

Naturally, the end of said mock interview was a teaser for the prequel of THIS Quest RP, and I'm hoping you guys can put two and two together and figure out who's story THAT will be! :angelD: I know you all will, you smart cookies, you~! <3

SO, anyhow, anyWHO... We are nearing the time to search for the SECOND TO LAST CREST BEARER!

Holy cheese, can you guys BELIEVE it!?!?!?!?!

Dag yo, like, it feels like just yesterday I made the first post and was all "Man, I don't even know why I did this, ain't no one gonna read this thing..." and now we're ALMOST THERE TO THE ENDING!

Well, kinda. ;)

Seriously. Thank you, guys... All of you.

Celosiasaysthankspic.jpg
(Celosia thanks you guys, too! 🥰 )

I thought I was gonna quit drawing altogether cause I'm crap at drawing, and this was my last-ditch effort to keep my Cintiq and art programs from gathering dust... that and just give me something to do while I wait for the day I can move in with my significant other (which seemed SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAR AWAY the fateful day the first post was made and now it's happening in just a few short months!! CRAY-ZEEE!!) as well!

This RP and your guys' devotion and commitment to it all this time helped me through some really, REALLY tough times (lookin' at you, 2021... 😑 ) and I'm so glad you all found and liked this quest RP...!

If you read/posted in this Quest RP and want a shout out and I forgot to mention you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know and I shall amend my error!

Again, thank you all SO SO SO SO SO SO SO much, and uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh stay tuned caaaaaaaaauuuuseee...

Well, when you guys start looking for that second to last crest-bearer...

shit-hit-fan-funny-pissed.gif

Thats all I got for you guys for noooooooooooowwwwww~ Ta taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~ <3

I'm still here, and I'm sorry it took me so long to reply again. I meant to better myself in that regard, and I still managed to let a week slip by before I knew it. But more importantly:

Congratulations on the newsletter mention! 🎉 You really deserve it! ^D^
Happy Birthday Party GIF by Lazy Corgi
Happy Cheering GIF by bluesbear

And, aww, thank you for the shout-out, but actually thank you for this wonderful quest! It's been a long but very fun journey so far, and it feels far shorter than the 3+ years it's been (I just checked and saw this started in 2019! I can hardly believe it!).

Also,
cause I'm crap at drawing
I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again: this is absolutely not true! But I'm really glad that writing this quest has inspired you to get back into drawing, because now we get to see your lovely art! And congrats on moving in with your SO soon!

In any case, I'm running out of things to say, but I'm very happy to be one of the readers of this quest, and I'm looking forward to what you have in store in the future ^_^

I'm still here, and I'm sorry it took me so long to reply again. I meant to better myself in that regard, and I still managed to let a week slip by before I knew it. But more importantly:

Congratulations on the newsletter mention! 🎉 You really deserve it! ^D^
Happy Birthday Party GIF by Lazy Corgi
Happy Cheering GIF by bluesbear

And, aww, thank you for the shout-out, but actually thank you for this wonderful quest! It's been a long but very fun journey so far, and it feels far shorter than the 3+ years it's been (I just checked and saw this started in 2019! I can hardly believe it!).

Reallly wanna echo all these sentiments, as they are really well put! Congratulations and sorry about my late response.

In addition, I'm glad our presence could help you through tough times. The only thing better would be if there were no tough times at all... But in the end, the sun shines once the clouds are gone :D

Let's just hope this is true for Rose as well.

Felis Felis and Idea Idea

Thank you guys so much!

I’m happy you guys are enjoying the story so much!

I’m almost done with the next part… just gotta draw A LOT for it! Should be up in a day or two!

AAAAAUUUUUUUUGH I AM SO SORRY YOU GUYS, I PROMISE I AM SLOWLY CHIPPING AWAY AT ALL THE DRAWINGS FOR THIS POST BUT I OVER ESTIMATED MY DUMB-BUTT AND IN ORDER FOR THIS POST TO REACH PLUS ULTRA I NEED TO DRAW JUST A BIT MORE I PROMISE THE WAIT WILL BE WORTH IT I AM NOT DEAD I LIVE I WILL EXPLAIN ONCE POST IS DONE PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M GHOSTING YA'LL KNOW I'M TOO STUBBORN TO GHOST, ESPECIALLY SINCE WE'RE CLOSE TO THE END! IT WOULD BE LIKE GETTING TACKLED AT THE 20-YARD LINE!

I LIVE I AM DRAWING HOPEFULLY IN ANOTHER DAY OR TWO I'D GIVE YOU PEEKS INTO MY WORKSHOP BUT SPOILERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

herp-derp-meme.gif

No worries! I think I speak for all of us when I say take all the time you need. :closedeyessmile: Don't stress yourself out over something you do for fun in your free time! (Or at least not too much; I know it can be hard not to stress yourself, even about things that are supposed to be fun :ghost:)

HEY HOWDY HEY ERR'YONE!

OMG FINALLY

JAYSUS I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DRAW TIL ME DANG HAND FELL OFF, I TELL Y'ALL WUT!

1654031242465.jpeg

SO YEAH! WOW! Aside from ONE THING LEFT, which my S/O will try to work on after they're done moving into our new place first, There it is!

I gave this post my A-game, baby, so I sincerely hope you enjoy it!

Now, I know, I know... IT WAS A LOT, usually leaving places before finding the next Crest-Bearer ARE and I'm not sure if you are all wondering this or not, but...

MINA, YOU B***H, WHY DO YOU TYPE SO DANG MUCH AND PUT SO MUCH DANG EFFORT IN A FREAKIN QUEST RP!? AIN'T NOBODY GOT F**K'S TO GIVE FOR THAT?! LIKE WHY DO YOU CARE?!
1654031468796.jpeg

And my answer is: I care...Because I care... (LOL, My friends actually taught me this today when I talked to them about it)

Complicated answer: Because when I was younger... I didn't care about ANYTHING...

Like I DISTINCTLY REMEMBER saying to myself after High School "I am not gonna do ANYTHING"...

...And I didn't... I recall that exact moment as the moment where my future flushed right down the toilet like a bad case of diarrhea...

It cost me a lot and, despite having an Art Degree (I don't even KNOW how I got that, you feel me?) and drawing like butt in comparison to all my other classmates, I... I feel like I farted my way through life (like mega-farted) until I was 26 and met my S/O...

Maybe I just gave up and just... idk... Succumbed to being the horrid wretch/villain those awful people made me out to be after all those awful things they said about me...?
Maybe I just didn't have a drive?
Maybe I was just drained... Physically and mentally?
Maybe I didn't have worth in myself?
Maybe I thought everything else was just not worth the battle?

Idk for sure. I was a different person back then.

What I do know is, NOW, I have things that make my future worth the battle:
-Despite everything, and how weird we are and how we met and even FELL IN LOVE was, I have the love of my life who is always there for me and helping me every step to something better... To something I never thought I earned or deserved to be.
-I have amazing friends who back me up and are always on my side... Even when I'm not on MY OWN SIDE.
-And I've got you guys, who, I hope it's not too forward, notch you guys with these guys ^

And you know what? Even if I WAS the villain/loser to THEIR stories... That's ok!
I probably used to be!

But I know I'm not anymore. I finally, FINALLY have a reason to fight and put my all into ANYTHING I do.

Wish I woulda had it sooner, but... Well... MAYBE it isn't too late!

ANYWAY~!

Onto stuff for the post:
whooooooops~ Did I forget to show where the compass was taking our crew next?

Silly me~

Oh, and, uh, I'd think VERY, VERY carefully on this next choice...

Someones life may hang in the balance~

Fufufufufu~

K that's it, BYE BYE BYE~! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back