• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Mirror of Galora Session 0

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Currency: I'm ok with a gold only system as long as the loot and economy reflects that. 1 gp for a pint of al seems pretty steep coming from the standard 100-10-1 system 🥲.

Initiative: I have never thought to do a one and done roll for initiative so that could be interesting. I would also like to suggest a coming up with a way to standardized initiative. Maybe something like 8+Dex. mod. +Prof Bonus or 10+Dex.mod. That way someone isn't stuck in last place for weeks because of a bad roll.
Also, the bad roll thing is why I suggested doing rerolls periodically. It's honestly however you guys would prefer to run it and this is exactly why I wanted a session 0 bc @kidzmade another good suggestion for initiative. Why don't we talk about it for a moment and discuss exactly how we want it to work out.

By the way, you guys can have improved armor to start out with just talk to me about what you're wanting to do and I'll see what we can do.

So I have been chatting with Kidzait Kidzait ...and we have determined that Vael and Echo would have linked up not long after Vael arrived in the real world from the feywild since Echo's village is close to a place where the feywild and real world are close. I also earlier this week chatted with WikkitJikkit WikkitJikkit , with Xack having a link to a survivor of Vael's village and recognizing the Holy Symbol of Vael's Goddess...linking up. So I think it makes sense that the three of them had been travelling together to start.

Is that sound ok with everyone?

If anyone else's character has a library or other knowledge-based faction/place in their background that could help tie in my character.

If anyone else's character has a library or other knowledge-based faction/place in their background that could help tie in my character.
Well Xack ( WikkitJikkit WikkitJikkit ) did attend a mystical academy that was destroyed. Gilly ( EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 ) is a bard and made have picked up some knowledge from some place of learning or knowledge in their journey. The others including Vael based on the backgrounds I see do not really have such connections but I could be wrong. Vael may have visited places within the Fey Wild with libraries looking for any information regarding their lost Goddess or someone who has been destroying villages.

Yes! There would have been quite the extensive/old library at the school Xack attended; no doubt something that would grab Zeryn's attention. Maybe he was there before it was destroyed and was invited to become a student and when he came back with his belongings; found nothing but ruins? Orrrrr maybe he was searching for it and once he made it to the site, it was already a ruin. Now he looks for any surviving members so they could possibly impart any knowledge of some crazy Eldritch stuff??

I’m fine with using gold as the standard currency and I’m with silver on pre determined initiative. But would anyone wanna meet a wandering centaur before the campaign starts?

Yes! There would have been quite the extensive/old library at the school Xack attended; no doubt something that would grab Zeryn's attention. Maybe he was there before it was destroyed and was invited to become a student and when he came back with his belongings; found nothing but ruins? Orrrrr maybe he was searching for it and once he made it to the site, it was already a ruin. Now he looks for any surviving members so they could possibly impart any knowledge of some crazy Eldritch stuff??
I think him going there but finding it destroyed could work. So now he's sticking with the party to find new sources of knowledge.

Ok so really important.

Are there any questions or rules anyone wants to bring up before we plan for our campaign to start?

could we not have any sexual assault in this campaign? like, nothing in backstories, nothing ever brought up or mentioned at all? i don't mean to railroad if this railroads, i'm just really not comfortable with that.

also, if this campaign is going to have any fantasy racism or patriarchy, i'd like a heads-up. some sort of "the dwarves and elves hate each other because of X event between kingdoms" is fine, as is "owl and mouse, in the same house" tensions because that's a predator-prey dynamic, but like... widespread hate for some race, I'd like a heads up if we're gonna, and I'd prefer it if we kept fantasy racism to a minimum?

thank you :)

could we not have any sexual assault in this campaign? like, nothing in backstories, nothing ever brought up or mentioned at all? i don't mean to railroad if this railroads, i'm just really not comfortable with that.

also, if this campaign is going to have any fantasy racism or patriarchy, i'd like a heads-up. some sort of "the dwarves and elves hate each other because of X event between kingdoms" is fine, as is "owl and mouse, in the same house" tensions because that's a predator-prey dynamic, but like... widespread hate for some race, I'd like a heads up if we're gonna, and I'd prefer it if we kept fantasy racism to a minimum?

thank you :)
Absolutely. I don't really allow that sort of anything so thank you for bringing it up.

You can find that in the OOC chat. I'm gonna put it in the lore tab too. But what specifically are you asking about? Like politics economics or something else?

There is a few potential bbegs based off how the game goes. You'll have your fair share of encounters.

Yeah I still need to see if I can link my background with another characters. I’ve been asking about it but I haven’t gotten a response

Hmm, my character is a Knight from the Feywild...maybe there is a link between their goddess and the gods of the Centaur that my character would be looking into? Or maybe one of the refugees from Vael's village travelled though the Centaur lands and asked for your character to give them a message to mind if you happened to find them? What interests your character? Why would they wander?

Now anyone here by the email Mr.samuelrodricks@gmail.com bc ya blowing up mah phone lol

The only place I have contacted you is via this site. Sounds like someone to block.

Tis not I, my good sir! All of my emails either have my name in them, or are related to someone from les mis. and i am Afab and have a very stereotypical "girl name" (Alex is but a psudonym), so... i dunno who it is, and that's annoying you are being spammed.

Tis not I, my good sir! All of my emails either have my name in them, or are related to someone from les mis. and i am Afab and have a very stereotypical "girl name" (Alex is but a psudonym), so... i dunno who it is, and that's annoying you are being spammed.
It was another player. And I wasnt complaining really I found it amusing but I wanted to make sure they double check that I got them access to the books bc my phone had died while I was doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back