• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Merge

Em nodded as they made their way inside the luxury dress store. Her eyes scanned the room as her fingers felt the fabric of each dress that seemed to have party potential. Her eyes stopped on one midnight blue dress, with no straps and short. A smirk spread across her lips as she pulled it down. "This is the one, I can see the heels and hair that would go together with this. It has... potential." Em smiled at Frankie, "You think it'll look good?"

Another smile appeared on Valsa's face as she listened to Jasper stumble through his reply.

"That's okay. I don't think it's weird for siblings to think each other is pretty. Even as a foster sibling," Valsa smiled. "Well, if you're with your sister and you see me, don't be scared to say hi. I would love to meet your sister. It must be great having a sister. At my group home, it's full of boys. I don't have much female influences."

This is surprising. Usually Valsa wasn't this talkative with someone she first met. It must be because of today being the first day of school at High Rolls and Jasper being from Solime. Valsa was comfortable talking with someone she was familiar with.

"You're pretty too. Well, I guess you wouldn't call a boy pretty. Handsome is the word, right?" Valsa tilted her head as she asked. "You're very catching considering your style and all."

The Chemistry teacher was reeling off a list of safety guidelines, class rules and a general introduction to the class. But all the while Kiel was too conscious of the new kid sitting beside him. He kept glancing over at Azaiah - partly to see if he was settling in alright (he felt a slight sense of responsibility for the guy) and partly because he was interested in him. Azaiah looked different to the High Roll boys. He didn't look scary or dangerous or anything like that, but he had the air of someone who had...a history. He turned to the Solime boy when the class was busy and said, "Can I ask you a question?"

Azaiah looed over at the well groomed boy who had addressed him. "Um, sure. Hit me." he said, propping his head up with his hands, elbows on the desk. What sort of question would this guy want to as him? Probably some weird one about Solime or something. As the teacher rambled on in the background about stuff that wasn't exactly important to Azaiah, he waited attentively for Kiel's question.

Frankie flashed Em a bright smile and nodded. "Potential, most definitely." Tucking her wristlet under her arm, she reached out to feel the material of the dress herself, nodding once more, almost with a sense of approval. "It makes the short list, for sure. Unless you're certain it's the one?" She glanced to Em, letting her hands fall to rest on her hips.

Kiel's gaze remained calmly on Azaiah, taking no notice of their surroundings. "What are the parties like where you're from? I'm assuming you're going to the one tonight, right?"

Well that was a question he could easily answer! "Um, yeah! I am! And the parties back at Solime as insane!" he answered enthusiastically. "People are always drugging and getting all freaky though... Which I don't exactly like. I just dance the whole time!" he said with a smile to Kiel. "What about the parties here?"

(I gotta go for tonight... See ya)

A smile spread across Kiel's face upon sensing Azaiah's enthusiasm. "Drugs and dancing. Sounds cool." He knew that of all the words the teacher would pick up on first, it would be "drugs" so he lowered his voice a little. "Yeah, the ones in High Roll are...well, in such big houses you can get away quite easily with a lot of noise without the cops nosing around, so I guess they get pretty crazy. Drugs are usually available if the dealer likes you. I've been around to see a few nasty cases of alcohol poisoning, but that's never been me!" He paused to scan the room and figure out how to make himself look busy with work. "I guess the only thing I should really warn you of is that...I've seen people get into full-on drunken fights over objects accidentally getting smashed. Things in High Roll houses are expensive as shit."

[] I gotta go too. Have a great night everyone ~ []

Honey stopped and turned around "I guess you can come with me" she said waiting for him to link arms with her Jacob walked straight to his car and went to the house Honey smiled as she leaned on his arm as the walked out the building and to her car "Are we stopping by your house to get clothes or-" she trailed off

He chuckled and shook his head, hooking his arm with hers. "Sure, hun. Let's go, for clothes only." He walked to the car with her and opened the driver's door for her. "Well then, let's get to it." Matt walked around got in the passenger's side, buckling his seatbelt. "I hope you're this anxious at the party. I'm always more willing when I'm hazy, babe." His arm resting on the armrest.

Ember sighed and took a seat near the girl, unsure of what she wanted with him. It bothered him, from his experience, stuff like this never came to any sort of good. She crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair causally, not bothering to take anything out for the class. He noticed the girl looking at him, "Yes?" he asked.

@animegirl20

Honey nodded "I'm always anxious when I want something" she said not bothering too look at him as she drove out the parking lot and carelessly driving "Wear are we heading to" she asked getting on the main street to get where all the houses were Honey had plugged her phone to the aux card playing 7/11 by beyonce she sang along and did little dances at red lights or even just driving

"Oy... Well then I guess it's not good to have things smashed." Azaiah responded with a little smile. "So they have drugs here too... I'm not into that sort of life. Too risky. Not worth it." he shrugged his shoulders and looked at the teacher who continued to write on the board while speaking nonsense.

"Anywhere, but let's get there in one piece okay?" He said with a bit of edge in his voice. Sure, he liked a little bit of danger but Honey's driving was more than that. Her driving was life-threatening, and he loved his life a little to much to die from recklessness. "What do you think of the Solime students, I don't think they're too bad..." Matt said, remembering Evergreen's excitement in Art.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Em nodded, taking the dress from the hanger. "Yeah, I guess this'll due. It's the first party and I'm trying to save the real fashion show for the Homecoming party, and the Prom after-party." She held it in front of her, watching the way it looked over her body, in the mirror. "I have black pumps that would go great with these." She walked over to a booth with lipsticks on it and picked a scarlet colour. "This should do it." A smile was on her lips as she spoke to Frankie. "What about you, what are you getting?"

"I don't know I haven't talked to any of them but if I meet a cute Solime boy you're out of luck" she said slowing down just a bit "Is this better"she asked lowing her music down "We can either get you new clothes or use whatever I have at my place" she asked pulling into Starbuck and ordering an iced coffee "Want anything she said as she also got herself a cake-pop

"Even High Roll can't keep the drugs out." Kiel laughed a little. "But I agree, when your life is defined by the drugs you take, you're clearly not in a good place."

He couldn't honestly tell the extent to which Azaiah had been hardened by his growing up in Solime, but he seemed pretty sound and decided that he had respect for the kid. He felt foolish for feeling unsafe when he walked into school that day. Still, he chewed on his bottom lip for a few seconds before adding, "You'd have to get me pretty off my face to see me on the dance floor though..."

"Not that you're not pretty anything, but I feel like Solime boys won't be interested in High Roll girls anytime soon." He shook his head no when she asked if he'd wanted anything. "And, I think I can just use the clothes I've left at your house." Matt said with a sigh, and checked his phone. "There's still like 6 hours to kill, what exactly are we going to do for six hours, Honey? I mean, it can't possibly take you that long to get ready."

"Palm tree, huh? I think that's nice, but I like version of the story where your mom picks it out because she knows you're gonna end up crazy" Ash joked and gave her a smile. He played his guitar softly as they spoke in an unnaturally fluent way. It was as if the guitar was attached to him. At least that's how it seemed like when his fingers moved along the strings so easily and smoothly. "If you wanted to find a specific person in this school but only knew their initials, where would you look?" Ash suddenly asked her.

Tamara smiled softly and gave a short laugh. "I don't know... Why do you ask?" She says curiously. "Someone you want to find?" She watched his fingers move so casually, like it was an extension of himself and wondered where he learned to play so well.

Ash stopped playing for a moment and reached into his back pocket. He pulled out the lighter he had found before with the initials JJ inscribed on them as well as the number 23. "This belonged to the guy who's gonna crash the party. I figured that with a ridiculously specific lighter like that I'd find him easily, but I ain't too sure as to where I should start looking" he explained. He then took out the strange cigarette he had found alongside the lighter and handed it to her too. "That cigarette was also next to it. Now, i don't smoke, but I know my way around the popular brands and it looks like this is something fancier then your convenience store kind of crap. You ever seen anything like it?" Ash asked.

Tamara turned it over, vaguely recognizing the brand but not recalling any details. "A couple of parties ago yah. Not in High Rolls though. So I don't think that I can help with that...." She says turning it over again one last time on handing it back, along with the lighter.

"Alright, well thanks anyway" Ash said with a kind, warm smile. It was strange how he could go from relentless and cold to nice and friendly very quickly. He stuffed the items back in his pocket and began playing his guitar once more. Suddenly he stopped and bit his lip as his mind wandered what to play. "Give me a song to play. Preferably Classic Rock" he asked.

After hearing Matt's whisper, Evergreen turns bright red. She knows this was probably the High Roll boy mocking her, but she can not help but grow embarrassed. She stops her painting, only somewhat done. Hurriedly she travels to her locker and begins to stuff her Hello Kitty backpack. She wants to be around someone familiar, so she does not feel too panicked. The girl pushes her wavy hair to one side of her head and quietly looks for Jasper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jasper grins at Valsa as the compliment reaches his ears, and he sits up higher.

"Girls are way more interesting to be around." He laughs, being from a house of two boys and two girls, himself. "I've never heard of anyone being in a co-ed group home before. I'm sure you could transfer if you wanted to... And just between you and me: Evergreen can't stay away from me for long. I think she actual misses me."

The male stops himself from giving any advice, knowing she did not ask for it and twists his ring around on his right-hand thumb.

"Are you going to that party tonight? 'Cause I'll be there, and there might not be anybody cool to talk to if you aren't."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back