• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Merge

The male grins at her humor and nods, agreeing with the Solime guess.

"My name is Jasper, nice to meet you, Valsa."

He takes her hand and gently forces it to fist bump his.

"Is your name a music reference some how?"

A sudden pink blush appeared on Valsa's cheeks. She pulled her hand away from the fist pump and quickly placed both on her blushed cheeks. Even with all her might, she couldn't hide the smile on her face.

"You're the first who realized that," Valsa said, forcing herself to turn away to hide her blush and smile. "You are close. Valsa is used as a title on many Italian symphonies created for the waltz. Valsa also means 'to waltz' in romantic languages."

There was a slight embarrassment in her tone. That explanation made her sound like a hopeless romantic.

The male mentally applauds himself for knowing something.

"Woah; you know so much about it. My name is meant to be religious, I think. But God knows my mother was not a saint."

Jasper motions air quotes around the word 'God,' not really acknowledging the being as fact. His voice is a bit too serious, so the male throws in a laugh.

"Taking a tour of the neighborhood?" Ash chimed as he saw the girl he was talking to in homeroom jog past him. He found the tone of his voice to be playful and friendly which was something that for a moment confused him. You see, even he forgot his true nature at times. You see, Ash's personality wasn't nearly as cold as everyone assumed. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Sure, his sarcasm, witty remarks, and rudeness wasn't exactly picture perfect, but none of that even came out most of the time because although he enjoyed speaking it usually ended up scaring people. So yes, he was as violent as the horror stories told, but no one ever asked him his side of those stories. That's why Ash put on a silent and cold demeanor for the most part.

@jacunliffe

Last edited by a moderator:
"God is known to make a lot of mistakes," Valsa replied. She uncomfortably fixed the collar of her sweater dress, the blush on her cheeks turning red. "Jasper...that's a name I can remember. Good for you. I usually forget a name in a second."

Turning back to face him, Valsa took the bottle from Jasper and began to spin it. The twirls seemed to be everlasting as she continued their friendly conversation.

"With a religious name like Jasper, shouldn't you be a good boy and be in class? Or are you one of the lucky ones that have a free period in the morning?" she asked.

Jasper smirks.

"I have free period, but I would probably be here, regardless."

He does not comment on Valsa's reason for being outside, hoping she stays for a while. The male instead stares at the bottle and repeatedly shakes his hair around.

The bottle began to slow, inch by tiny inch. The top of the bottle slowly crawls to point to Jasper, teetering whether it should land on him or just beside him. At the last second, it settled, pointing straight at him.

Valsa leaned across the table, making her way slowly to Jasper. Her chest brushed against the table as her face leaned in closer. Her lips parted slightly, tongue quickly licking across them, eyes staring directly into his, breathing gently through her nostrils. Soon, her face hesitated, her lips only an inch from his.

"Stop that, you look fine," she said, using her hand to help brush his hair away from his face.

She quickly settled back into her seat and grabbed the bottle to place it correctly on its bottom. By now, the courtyard was emptier than before with only a few teacher and administrators roaming around.

"You know anyone else here?" Valsa asked him.

Jasper sits in silence. He had seen a lot in his life, but he has never seen a girl he just met so close to kissing him like this. She was not desperate for anyone or anything to love her; she was not acting under the influence of drugs, as far as he could tell. The male feels his cheeks heat up at her touch, though she is fixing his hair, not kissing his lips. He notices his mouth is hanging open slightly and closes his lips quickly.

"Uh... huh. My foster sister is here now,too.... and I remremember people from around, but... You'll probably see Ever later; she's quite cute. I mean... I don't like her like that! She's like my little sister, okay?! I can still think she's pretty. Like I think you're pretty, but we're not, I mean, nevermind."

The male finishes his rambling with a shrug and a smile. He laughs at himself for growing so embarrassed.

Honey and Jacob walked around the halls laughing and talking loudly soon reaching the lockers they got some stuff and put something in it. Honey was peeking her head into random room Jacob was in his car charging his and Honey's phone, Honey finally found some people to talk to meaning William and Evergreen. "Hello" she said as she walked around tracing a hand on the wall as she looked around.

Tamara shrugged. "You could say that" She smiled a bit. Her eyes flitting up and down his guitar. It was old and worn but must play well. She was surprised by his tone of voice but it was a pleasant surprise. Usually he was cold and sarcastic. She was too, but only when she felt like it since sarcasm required effort, which she didn't want to put in unless it would be amusing. Tamara put her hand on her fore arm which hung by her side. She soaked in the silence for a moment. "Are you going to that party tonight? I heard it's at a mansion."

Ash bit his lip, a habit his, as he thought about how to answer the question. On the one hand, lying to her would be much easier then actually making a human connection. However, on the other hand she could help him find the guy who planned to ruin the party. She was cool, Ash decided, so telling her the truth couldn't hurt. "Kind of have to. Some douche is planning to wreck the party and blame us for it. I can't let that happen" he explained. "You wanna come along by any chance?" Ash asked her.

She watched his body language as he formed a response. He seems to make some sort of decision and then replied. What was the harm in letting the guy wreck the party. It would be hilarious. Though when he suggested her coming along Tamara raised an eyebrow, the corner of her lip curling into her signature smirk. "Not really my scene..." Though it was an outright lie. She loved parties but her last one had been one she had wanted to forget for months. Leaving her emotionally scarred. She held herself guarded then.

"Yeah, I get that, ain't mine either. Hell, I'm only going because if he wrecks the party and blames it on us it could get us kicked out of here. Now, for she us that isn't exactly a bad thing, but some of these guys wanna get scholarships and head off to college which they can only do by being here" Ash explained, feeling a bit awkward that he had asked her to come along out of the blue like that. Then he realized that he'd explain his whole reasoning on accident. "Sorry, you probably don't care about all that. Anyway..." he added awkwardly.

"True..." Tamara says still smirking. She thought his awkwardness and rambling was amusing, even cute if she dared to go that far in saying. Though she didn't think much of it. She bit her lip. "I don't care much but I guess its cool that you would look out for the others like that."

William turned his gaze to Honey. She'd always been the one girl to never give up on trying to make him hers. A small grin played on his lips as he spoke, "Wow, you're here before half of the day is over. That's quite a new surprise." His eyes slightly wider in mocked shock. He looked at Jacob and his grin grew. "Hey man, thanks for keeping my secrets better than Em. She told everyone about where we went over the summer. No one will stop asking me why they shipped us off, dude."

Ash shrugged at the mention of looking out for the others. He never had though about it as something cool to him it was just the right thing. Rufflig his air, Ash stared at the ground for a couple of moments and played a soft tune. "It's the reason you hear my constantly getting into fights" Ash admitted as the topic of looking out for others came up. He caressed his heavily scarred knuckles for a moment before continuing on. "At Solime, everyone is constantly against each other and that naturally means people will harm other people for the hell of it. I can't just stand and watch that. That's how this whole 'Demon of Solime' shit started. If I saw an unfair fight, I'd end it. Then they painted a target on my back and well you've heard the stories" he said as he continued playing the soft tune. Suddenly, Ash realized he'd just completely admitted something he'd never told anyone here out of the blue.

"Not that any of that matters or anything. Um, so, what are you up to?" he asked speaking quickly and stumbling over his words. His face felt warm as well meaning he was probably blushing. God, that was embarrassing.

Her eyes shifted from his face to his knuckles, having caught his shift in posture. The little white lines and puckered skin wasn't anything new to her but now had a new reason for existence as Tamara listens to him. Stories popping up and then fading only to be replaced by another, now having heard his side of the story. She found it odd he trusted her enough to admit things like that and it was clear on her face she hadn't expected him to be so open. "No of course not.... though it would be wrong of me to forget that after you were so honest and well selfless. You changed my opinion of you if it means anything..." She smiled at his blush and stumbling words. She laughs a bit softly as her hood falls with a shake of her head. She found herself sitting down across from him, tired of standing.

"Thanks for sitting beside me this morning... I wasn't sure how it would go since I haven't been out in awhile..." She says softly after a moment where they both said nothing.

Honey smiled as she looked at William "I had to see my bestie before the school day was over Honey said walking over to a desk nearby and sitting on it, Jacob nodded "That sort of what I do keep my mouth shut" Jacob said "If I don't like question about stuff neither should you" he sat in the desk Honey was Sitting on. Jacob passed Honey her phone. Honey checked all her social media sites. "Well we better be off We have a party to throw and get ready for" Honey stood and walked over to William kissing his forehead "See you tonight" she said with a smirk as her and Jacob walked out

Selfless. Before just several seconds ago, Ash never knew what it was that caused him to put himself n arms way. Now he had a name for it and a way of identifying himself. For this, he thanked internally thanked the girl in front of him.

"Yeah, I figured you were feeling that way which is why I sat there" Ash confessed along with an awkward laugh. It was weird to make a human connection with someone considering he hardly spoke with people to begin with. Although he did decide that it was a good kind of weird so whatever it was that made him suddenly open he silently thanked. "You know what's funny? I don't even know your name" he mitted with a loud, awkward laugh and more blushing.

She crossed her legs and smiled. Had she have known that this morning she would have found someone she was able to talk to with little to no lying or sarcasm was comforting. Then he said he doesn't know her name and she laughs a little softly. "It's Tamara" It was funny she hadn't introduced herself that morning and that they both had been oblivious to that for so long. She twisted her ring again, not sure about what to say next.

"Oh, no" Ash said suddenly in a jokingly serious manner. "Tamara, huh? That's no good" he said playfully. "Everyone knows Tamara is a crazy girl name" he joked with a kidding grin and let out a small laugh. "I'm only sort of joking, no worries. I'm Ash, by the way" he told her.

She looked up, with a sly grin. "I'm only sort of crazy." She says with a shrug. She knew his name but still nodded. "Ash... like the tree? Or the Pokemon character?"

At the question of the origin of his name Ash have a laugh. "Well, although my mom was a pokemon fan, it was after the tree originally. Plus, it also means spear in Latin which is fitting for me" he told her. "What about you? Where'd you get your name from?" Ash asked with growing curiosity.

Tamara grinned at the sucessfull joke. It would have been funny if his name did relate to pokemon somehow but it made much more sense for it to be after a tree. She the shrugged when he inquired to hers. "My mom picked it since it meant palm tree in hebrew." She says. "I think she got it from some website. Nothing special."

Matt smirked back and after she was gone, returned to the painting. He finished it off and raised his hand, whispering something to the teacher. "See you tonight, I hope." He said to Evergreen as he walked out. At his locker, he gathered his things and walked out, after Honey. "Wait up, I'll come with you guys!" There was a wide smile on his lips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back