• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Merge

Valsa exhales slowly, looking around the courtyard.

"Only have a year left until the state kicks me out of the foster program. No point in transferring now," Valsa replied. She rubs her lips together, hoping Jasper wouldn't think too deeply about the concept of co-ed group homes. There aren't many of them around. "I bet your sis is looking for you then. Don't let me keep you away from her."

Gathering her things, Valsa slipped the strap of her book bag over her shoulder and adjusted it slightly. Her ears wiggled at the mention of the party. She already completely forgot about it.

"That party is still going on? I thought those girls were just talking out their ass. Hmm...I could always stop by and see how its going. It would be nice to see you again," Valsa looked back at Jasper. "I have no idea where the party will be at though."

Evergreen appears from a hallway just as Valsa gets ready to leave. She sees Jasper with a girl and shuffles awkwardly towards them. The girl looks at Valsa and smiles weakly, wishing she had the ability to be more friendly. She waves slightly and sits at the table beside Jasper

"Hi..."

---------------------------------------------------------

Jasper frowns slightly, but does not stop Valsa from leaving. He grins at Evergreen and pats her on the head.

"Valsa, this is Evergreen. Ever, this is Valsa. Anyways, I heard something about siblings hosting it, but I don't know if that's true or who they are. If you want, we could meet up at the school and find it together?"

"So you're Evergreen. Jasper has only said good things about you," Valsa said. "Look at you two. You two definitely look like bro and sis. Maybe even twins."

This is good. Now, Valsa didn't have to leave with Evergreen finding Jasper. She sat back on her side of the table and placed her book bag on her lap to get comfortable again. Evergreen seemed a bit shy. Valsa hoped her kind of blunt personality won't scare Evergreen off. Valsa was never good around those who were shy.

"Yeah, that would be for the best," Valsa said to Jasper. "It's a hosted at a High Rolls mansion right? I know nothing about this place so I'll get lost pretty fast. Then, probably get stopped by the cops for looking suspicious."

Ever smirks at Valsa and slides slightly away from Jasper. So much for pretending he was her own date; she was now growing into a third wheel. The girl takes a gum wrapper and her lucky lighter from her hoodie pocket and lights the paper on fire. She stares at it, thinking.

"I want to go to the party, too."

------------------------------------------------------

Jasper nods at Valsa and grins, once again.

"Okay; we'll meet you here in the parking lot around nine? Is that too early for you? I'll snag whatever cheap beer our foster mom has, but I really hope they provide some decent drinks."

"9, parking lot," Valsa said to herself to help remember. "Yeah, that's fine with me."

Valsa rested her elbows on the table and rested her chin on the tops of her hand, staring into the flame. It was odd seeing Evergreen suddenly light a gum wrapper on fire and watching the flames. She must be into fire, an arsonist in training? Valsa wasn't too surprised. Solime was full of interesting characters. Very hard to read characters too.

"I'm expecting top notch drinks, food and drugs. If I see a bag of plain potato chips, cans of Bud Light, and some throwaway weed I'm leaving," licking a finger, Valsa stretched her arm to the flame to let her index finger barely touch the tip of the flame. "Then again, I don't do drugs and I rarely drink."

Valsa paused, keeping her index finger completely still over the flame.

"If the party is bad enough, you can always make it more interesting by using that lighter of yours," she said to Evergreen. "Would you like that chance?"

After a while, Matthew returned to the school because he felt it was too early in the year for his car to spend the night in the parking lot. Honey had been angry but she wasn't exactly someone who's opinion he truly cared about. In the courtyard he noticed the small cluster of Solime kids including Evergreen. He smiled a little and went to stand with his own group of friends.

The buzz about the party was really crazy, and everyone had their speculations about what would happen when alcohol was involved. He glanced over at the girl every now and then, and smiled when the guys mentioned all the people he'd been with in the past. "Come on, let's move on from that." He'd say while running a hand through his hair.

Evergreen smiles wildly up at Valsa, her eyes lighting up at the thought of a whole building on fire. She laughs, perhaps too hard, at the thought and simply nods in response. The girl pulls her sweatshirt sleeve down and smothers her small flame with her clothing-covered palm. She does this at the sight of Matt, but pretends not to see anyone other than the two seated with her.

--------------------------------------------------------

Jasper smirks at Valsa, amused by her high standards of poison. He stretches his arms above his head and yawns.

"Honestly, I'll drink about anything, short of nail polish, but I try to be decent about it."

He spins one of his shark-bite piercings around with his middle finger and mentally plans what he will wear to the party.

(I SINCERLY APOLOGIZE FOR NOT BEING HERE. I STOPPED GETTING NOTIFICATIONS ON THIS POST...)

"Really?" Azaiah said, looking around the classroom. It appeared that only half of the kids were actually paying attention to the teacher. He could tell that half of the kids that weren't paying attention were from Solime. "You look like you'd be a good dancer." he told Kiel with a smile. He chuckled a little. Azaiah found this guy amusing for some reason. He wasn't used to people being so proper.

Tamara shrugged. "Stairway to Heaven?" It was the first song that came to mind but not the only one. She sighed and gave him a small smile, knowing he would probably laugh at her suggestion.

[] It's okay! Hope you figure out how to fix it. welcome back []

Kiel smirked a little, in fear of blushing. It was a comment nobody had ever made to him before and he wasn't sure if Azaiah was making fun of him. With a shrug, he replied, "Maybe I'm a closet dancer. Or perhaps I only dance well when I'm drunk enough to get away with it!" He ran his hand through his hair a few times, then turned to look back at Azaiah before adding, "I expect to see you owning the dance floor later though. Sounds like you've had lots of practice. Do you know the house?"

Ash let out a chuckle at the choice of song. It was a very stereotypical Classic Rock sing that he knew very well. "Alright. Coming right up" he told her and his fingers began flying across the guitar as he began to play the complicated chords.

"So. Tell me about yourself. What do you like doing besides talking to crazy, violent boys?" Ash joked

Tamara watches his fingers, impressed by his talent with a guitar. "Ooh. Let me see. Besides talking to crazy, violent boys I don't find much spare time." She says with a grin. "Nah...I play basketball a lot... run... hang out with people."

He smiled faintly to himself as he heard the somewhat loud laughter that he assumed was coming from Evergreen. There was a small glimpse towards her as he watched her smother the flame and shook his head a little turning back to his friends. "Well, if each one of us gives a hundred, I think we'll be good for the liquor table. We can have a variety." He leaned back against the wall as he spoke, his hand reaching pocket to retreat his wallet. He pulled out a crisp hundred, and handed it to a blonde guy that seemed to be collecting the money.

"No one wants to be that sloppy drunk person," Valsa replied. She looked up at Evergreen and giggled softly at that laugh. "You're odd. That's good. Means you're always going to be fun to be around."

Valsa liked those two. She was a bit mad at herself for not knowing them when Solime was still around. Maybe, her time at school would have been a bit easier. Back at Solime, she was a bit of a loner though she had her little gang outside of school. Those guys...Valsa missed them. They ran a good small circuit of car sideshows that attracted a decent crowd. But, all things come to an end. Most of them either moved away and one is in jail now.

Leaning back, Valsa pulled the band off that was holding her bun and raked her fingers through her hair. She felt that her hair frizzed up from the weather, making her look like some sort of fluffy dog. She redid her messy bun and looked around. Did the new period for class start? Did it turn to morning break? The class schedule at this school was weird.

"What classes do you too have next?" she asked them both.

Azaiah chuckled at his prior comment, then answered Kiel's question."Not really...". The boy wondered what a High Roll party would be like... It'd probably be less crazy than what popped up in Solime, but by the sounds of it, they knew how to throw a party here too... He was intrigued.

Kiel was about to offer a lift to Azaiah, then quickly stopped himself as he realised he wouldn't be able to drive home.

"I think I've walked past it a fair few times, it's not too far from my place. I could walk you there if you want, or I could swing by in a taxi - I intend on...bringing a lot." Kiel ran a hand through his hair again and laughed quietly.

"O-oh!" Azaiah nodded. "Thanks! If you wanted to bring... A lot, than I guess you could do the taxi thing." he said with a smile, a slight blush coloring his cheeks. He liked this guy already... He seemed like a nice person to hang out with over all, not to mention he was pretty attractive... And that's why being bisexual was confusing. He couldn't tell whether or not Kiel was straight... That bothered him.

Kiel tried in vain to stifle a smile at this guy's reddening face.

"Sweet."

He tore a piece of paper from his book - realising that neither of them had done any work at all during the hour - and slid it over to Azaiah. "Write your address down and I'll come pick you up."

"Cool, okay..." he said, scribbling his address down on the scrap of paper the other had given him. He handed it to the boy with a smile. It looked as though class was coming to a close, which saddened him a bit. He wanted to talk with Kiel more, but he assumed he'd get to see him again at the party.

Both teens shrug simultaneously, and Jasper mumbles a vague answer of "I don't know."

Evergreen glares at the male for "copying" her life and points to the bit of ash hanging on the burnt gum wrapper. She speaks to prevent herself from smiling, feeling proud of being viewed positively. She typically feels like a waste of space, breathing air that should have been her sister's.

"That's what happened to my schedule. Caroline really shouldn't have picked them up yesterday."

---------------------------------------------------

Jasper realizes he has to give a reason, too, but he can't seem to remember what he did with his own schedule. He just grins at Valsa for being so kind to Ever, causing his eyes to crinkle up. The male fishes his cell phone out of his pocket. It's a go-phone with scratches all over the screen, but it still appears to be working.

"I have to use these things, so I can't be tracked...I'm paranoid. Put your number in it, though, okay? You can call me,or whatever, if you need anything, like, if you need help sneaking out tonight or s'thing."

He pushes the phone towards Valsa, hoping this doesn't stop Ever from speaking. When the girl gets anxious, she temporarily shuts down.

Taking a quick glance at the address before stuffing it into the inner pocket of his coat, it suddenly dawned on Kiel that it would be his first time heading through Solime. He wasn't afraid knowing that he'd soon be joined by Azaiah, but decided all the same that he wouldn't tell his parents.

The bell went, marking the end of class.

No chemistry done. No fucks given. Kiel thought to himself, and checked the clock. Normally he found chemistry fun and interesting, but today the most interesting thing for him was the merge. He didn't want to bother Azaiah by following him around so he just gave him a warm smile and slung his bag over one shoulder. Running a hand through his hair one last time, he said "It was a pleasure meeting you, Azaiah. I hope you have a great day. I...guess I'll see you later!"

"A-alright then. See ya!" he said with a smile and a wave, looking backwards as he went to his next class. He fished around in his pocket for the schedule. He looked at it, but he only saw words. He couldn't stop thinking about how today was gonna be his first High Roll party. And he's get to see Kiel again... Yeah... Kiel was nice.

Valsa fishes out her schedule stuffed deep within her book bag. She rolls it out in an attempt to smooth out the crinkles. From what she sees, she has an elective, auto shop. Thank god, a class Valsa is actually looking forward too.

"I don't know what year you two are in, but you should think about remaking your schedule to match some of mine. Would be nice to have people I know in some of my classes," Valsa says. She takes Jasper's phone that was handed to her and dials in her number in his contacts. "I'm going to send a text from your phone to mine to have your number. Later on, you can pass my number to Evergreen if she wants it."

With that, Valsa gives Jasper back his phone and stands. It's time to go to the next class. But, more importantly, it's time to give the two a bit of space until their meet-up for the party. Valsa isn't known for sticking around others, even friends, for extra long periods of time. She didn't want people to get tired of her.

"I don't know if you can sneak around the armed guards of my home. 10-12 year olds armed with bats, dodge balls and darts. If you can, then you're more amazing then I thought," Valsa gives Jasper and Evergreen a final smile as she takes her schedule. "I'll see you two at our meet-up. Call if anything changes."

Adjusting the strap of her book bag around her shoulder, Valsa makes her way to her next class feeling pretty good about herself.

"Oh, well hell look at you being all active!" Ash remarked as he played and then gave a laugh. The bell then could be heard ringing even outside where they sat. "I guess that's gonna be to be it. Hope you enjoyed Stairwell To Heaven" he said and stood up. Slinging his guitar on his back, Ash reached into his bag and took out his schedule. It seemed like music was next for him which meant he would actually go instead of skipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiel returned the wave as he watched Azaiah leave the room. He was happy with how his morning had played out and hoped that this meant that he wouldn't have to spend his time at the academy on his own this year, as he'd expected. He'd made a friend. From Solime. Kiel bit down on his lip to mask his smile and pulled out his schedule: music. He'd been working on a new composition over the summer so he felt ready for the upcoming class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back