• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Lords of Westfraxia

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
Yeah, just discussing things here for now, all we need is a tie-breaker from either Killor or Shog, don't know if Shog's going to join in or not though. Just gotta make the choice between High or Early ages.

Beginning of RP
The King of Westfraxia sat on his throne, slowly dying of his aged self, his heirs gone, taken by the enemies of his kingdom, killed by beings who were sourly hated by man, he chose Raibert to be his next of kin in line, though so young, he knew his heart would lead the way to a better kingdom for all the Westfraxians, he himself bore no hate for the other races, despite that they killed his three beloved sons, his wife long past from sickness.
Though all these things would seem to drag him down, he oddly was happy and content, a smiling old man as he spent time with a son that wasn't his, his chosen of heirs. Raibert would spend day after day with him, though always seeming to refuse the crown that was offered to him so many times. He was humble, treating even the lowliest of people with the greatest of respect, showing great humility, and oddly enough being one of the only lords to refuse duels that challenged his honor, responding that they didn't challenge his honor, but his arm that shed blood.
The king was happy with him, like his last son, and Raibert accepted such, loving him as a father.

Last edited:
eventually through the days he was pressured to find a woman, and in Brittenia and Westfraxia, women were almost always reserved until after marriage. Staying virgins, as was highly upheld and eventually made law that many followed, of course it wasn't needed but almost all thought it to be as such.

Raibert moved away from all these pressures, taking a ride through the city to look about its beauty...

Deræ was in a dynesty of his own, albeit worlds more mundane. His great great grandfather was once a penniless tramp who was no more than a peon for Breterian lords. The Hlyn family name held no merit, that changed when he worked for a wealthy witch who showed him how to handle and tame wild unicorns. During his servitude, he was given his own land grant to start a plantation of his own. The first Hlyn made a name for himself catching and herding wild unicorns to be tamed, domesticated and sold. This naturally continued down through the generations.

The current Hlyn, Deræ is in a cart pulled by two brown work unicorns with creme coloured mains going to town for a slave auction.

Raibert would be riding his Hippogryph, looking to him, giving a hearty smile and speaking; 'Fine day, it is, no? You seem to be the first traveler I've met on these lonely streets, something I'm missing here?'
He'd not be in his armor, but rather normal clothes for everyday wear, dismounting his beast, gently taking its reins and looking back to him again.

Raibert would look at his cart and the unicorns
"These unicorns are gorgeous... Did you buy or breed them?" He'd look to him, gently stroking ones mane

"I tamed them myself" said Deræ, they were cought wild "Been my family's business for five generations"

"Not many people who know that fine art nowadays, those who do seem to become extremely wealthy, you're in a fair business friend... What is your name, friend?" He'd ask, gently pulling away, not wanting to make him feel uncormfortable, loving on his unicorn for too long.

"Deræ" said the man as the left unicorn knickered at a nearby fly "I sell them at market, they're a big help on farms and other enterprises."

"Ah, Insuspect you've been selling them as cavalry then, too? Westfraxia has a favorite for Unicorns as their cavalry, unipegs (unicorn-Pegasus) even more so..."

"Unipegs?" Said Derai "I don't quite think I've heard of those, but I have occasionally gotten people from the Breterian calvelry to purchase my livestock"

"Ah, unipegs are Pegasus and unicorn breeds, meant as elite shock cavalry, much more expensive though... So, what are your plans for this afternoon, other than selling a few of your stock."

"Hm" said Derai "I'm not selling my stock, I actually going off to the slave auction, I would like more to help my farm"

"Slave auction?" He'd say, worried, not liking all too well the thought of it, but knowing Derai meant well "I see... Well, you could just hire farm hands, but, why slaves?"

Veranda ran frantically though the woods. The sounds of angry men coming from behind her clearly chasing her. Yelling in pain as she slammed into a tree and fell down she quickly scrambled back up holding a hand to her forehead as she tired to focus on her surroundings. She could tell by the way her eyes were acting up that she was nearing the human capitol, a place with almost no spiritual connections which wasn't good for her as it would baciacly make her blind. But still she ran avoiding all she Could while trying to escape the angry humans.

Luckily for her she got a break in the trees as she continued to run. Soon she ran into what seemed like a trader and another man. He had unicorns though which were to her advantage. Running up upon the two she quickly slashed the ropes holding the unicorns and yelled in naverian tongue which set the unicorns hay wire as a mob of farmers burst from the trees and started towards all three of them as the unicorns moved to face the mob neighing violently as she jig behind both men

Raibert wouldn't seem to think twice, putting two and two together, he grabbed her, pulling her away gently, getting behind the cart with her, his Hippogryph screeching violently, stomping up to the angry mob, it's eyes beating down on them, giving a sense of terror into all of them, Rainert holding the unicorns back from assaulting the men, though still with his other hand gently holding Verana in a protective way

"HEY!" Yelled Deræ moving off of the cart's seat and over to the back of the cart "THOSE ARE MINE, GET BACK HERE"

(Raibert grabbed them, he's holding them back with his one arm, holding the ropes, and his other arm is holding Verana close to him and protecting her)

"Get outta my way you insolent bastards!" The lead farmer yelled not affraid of the beast as they all Holard and yelled at the men protecting verana. "That's a Nervandia! She had a dragon destroy my farms!" A farmer yelled before another pitched in. "She made a troll eat my live stock. Lynch the nervandian!" He cried which got a loud yell out of the rest only making verana more scared as she hid herself within the man that held her

His arms muscles tensed up, holding back the two immensely strong unicorns, him gritting his teeth a bit in effort, somehow holding Verana softly still, keeping her close, holding her to his chest, his back to the angry mob still.

"Tell the unicorns to be at peace.. *hed grunt* I will take care of them..." He'd look at her, his face soft, reassuring, and him genuine "I promise... Nobody will hurt you..."

(Corrected it)

Deræ turned to Reibert and said "If that's true, than I will alert the kingdom guard!" He then turned to his panicking unicorns and said "woah woah, girls, easy easy, I'll protect you from them, don't worry" The unicorns still yanked in the ropes, but not as harsh while they whinnied and bucked profusely.

Raibert would seem to keep Verana from being hit, pulling her away from the bucking unicorns, being slammed in the back by their hooves, seeming only to concentrate on comforting her and holding them, his arm pulsing with beating blood through it from the effort
"Please... You will be safe, I promise you, on my very life... Tell them to calm... I will protect you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back