• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Legend of Zelda: Kingdom of Clockwork [OPEN]

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Long ago the land of Hyrule was a beautiful and prosperous place. It's ruler, King Roham, was beloved by the people. Under his rule the Kingdom of Hyrule flourished and was the most prosperous it had ever been in recent memory. Of course that didn't mean it was completely problem free but Roham and the rest of the royal family and their allies worked hard to fix them. One of these allies was Ganondorf, King of the Gerudo. He had been friends with Roham since they were children and loved Roham just as much as the rest of Hyrule.

However, as much as Ganondorf loved Roham he was also jealous of him. As king, Roham had the power to do pretty much whatever he wanted, but he wasted it all throwing banquets and helping the people. Not that Ganondorf didn't want to help the people, he just wanted to help his people, that is, the Gerudo. The Kingdom of Hyrule was prospering but Gerudo Desert was not. Like everywhere else, King Roham did his best to help but it just wasn't enough.

One day, King Roham was struck with a terrible illness. The doctors were unable to cure it in time and the King died. Stricken with grief, Queen Sonea, Roham's wife, threw herself off of Hyrule Castle's highest tower. Now, with no king and no queen there was a power vacuum in Hyrule that needed to be filled. Usually, the crown would go to the King's eldest child but the princes of Hyrule, Prince Latium and Prince Rozark, just so happened to be twins, meaning that both of them were technically the eldest.

Both of them wanted the throne and neither of them were willing to let the other have it and thus a bloody civil war broke out, possibly the bloodiest Hyrule had ever seen. People died by the thousands, it was just awful. Eventually, the princes decided that the war had drawn on for too long and declared a temporary truce. The two princes met in Old Hyrule Castle to conduct peace talks. The Castle was mostly uninhabited with the exception of their sister, Princess Zelda XI, her stalwart guardian, Impa, and a few servants. If there was one thing the princes agreed on, it was that they loved their sister and sought to keep her out of the war, hence why she was being raised alone in the Castle, isolated from the outside world.

While the princes slept to recover from the long journey it took to get to Old Hyrule Castle, an assassin crept through the darkness. Ostensibly, the assassin had been sent by one of the princes to kill the other. Unfortunately, the assassin got the wrong room and ended up killing Princess Zelda instead.

Hearing the scream of the innocent child the, Princes each hurried to find out what was going on. Upon arriving in her room, the princes discovered the Princess' dead body but the assassin was nowhere to be found. The two princes blamed eachother and dueled to the death right then and there. The duel truly was to the death, as both of them died.

The next day Ganondorf announced the three royal children's deaths and took the throne. While at first he seemed to be a good ruler, he quickly turned tyrannical, oppressing the people of Hyrule and eventually even his own people if they dared try to oppose him. He also imposed a policy of isolationism, cutting Hyrule and Gerudo Desert off from the rest of the world.

One hundred years later, Ganondorf is still in power and he's more of a tyrant than ever. Legend has it that some day a hero with unparalleled courage and a magic sword will rise up and depose Ganondorf, freeing Hyrule. But until then, only one group dares to oppose Ganondorf: The Resistance. Though they may be small they are determined to put a stop to Ganondorf's evil reign.

----
Hello friends, enemies, and friendmies. Welcome to The Legend of Zelda: Kingdom of Clockwork, so named for its clockpunk aesthetic.

This rp is inspired by, of all things, Watch_Dogs: Legion. You are all members of a resistance movement that starts small but will grow as you go on recruitment missions.

Rules:

-No power gaming/god modding/etc
-No taking control of other people's characters.
-Characters cannot die without their player's consent.
-Characters cannot engage in romance unless both (or more, I won't judge) players consent to it.
-No irl face claims.
-If you do use a face claim, I'd prefer it if you use art you commissioned, art you drew yourself, avatars created on a site like picrew, images that are free to use, or art taken from big companies (so it's fine to just steal an image of a minor character off the Zelda wiki or something, just make sure I know so I Don't assume it's stolen from some small creator). Stealing art from small creators hurts them, especially if that's their main source of income.
-I'm the GM and while I won't abuse my power to make you do things I do have veto power.
-Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back