• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Land of Misfit Monsters |Modern Mythology, Folklore and Cryptids|Currently Open

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
viktor-mukhin-final-land.jpg

Monsters have always been ostracized by humans. The very definition of monster has been warped and changed to be a general net for those who do not fit into the humans definition as common. However, even monsters have their definition of normal. What happens to the ones who don't fit into the puzzle of either side?

Deep in the dark forest is a land. Claiming this land is a nation of misfits. Ones who don't fit in the mold. It first started as a village. A village made to accept all that had no other place to go. It grew in size until the Kingdom of Autumn Leaves was created.

Sandwitched between the sprawling eastern human kingoms and the magic filled wilds of the western monster kingdoms, it is in a place where war often wages.

Eons ago, human kind defied the natural laws of the world. They, unlike elves, dwarves, sylph and all other creatures, where born disconnected from the Six Primal Forces of magic. The forces being Sun, Moon, Sea, Stars, Earth and Sky.

Jealous of this, humans created their own magics. Black Magic. Taking the life of creatures with a connection to a primal force and using their life to make magic. As it was cursed, the other races banned them from the magic lands and moved them to the eastern edge of the continent.

Enraged by actions of others, both side banished those of half blood. The half breeds started the Kingdom of Autumn Leaves. In defiance of the human kingdoms and the clans of beasts and monsters.

War still rages. The United Kingdoms of Man and the Magic Armies wish to destroy on another, but to do that they need to cross into the Middle Lands. Our Kingdom must fight to survive.
====================================

The Six Primal Forces are connected to every type of magic. Some are simple, others can be combonations of any of the six. However, the main six are responsible for specific things:

Sun: Light, Fire, Holy and Divine
Moon: Illusions, Ice and Darkness
Stars: Divination and Navigation
Sky: Wind, Lightning, Flight and Thunder
Earth: Speed, Nature, Strength, Stone, Minerals and Gems
Sea: Water, Mists, Flow and Breath

All magics must come from one or more of the Primal Forces. If you do not have a natural connection to one, then you cannot use any magic.

We will be playing Diplomats/Soldiers in the army for the Kingdom of Autumn Leaves. Think of this as Lord of the Rings type setting. That high fantasy and landscape design. Basic lore for all the different races and creatures apply.

Magic is different. You can create your character to use magic or not. It can be any outlandish type you can think of, so long as you can tie it to one or multiple of the Primal Forces. However, please keep in mind your character will have an affinity for one above any others.

Any race or creature type is allowed, but please keep in mind the setting. Also remember they are in a nation of misfits. So they must be unacceptable to either side. Being half breed or mutated for example.

General Rules:
- Be active. I am not looking for an everyday post. I realize that people have lives off this site, but please only join if you can be in three or four times week.

- I am looking for a good posting length. A couple paragraphs. If you need to post short a few times, just state that it will be short. Then all is okay.

- I want people who will be interested in furthering the plot. If you have ideas, tell me. I will listen.

- Respect others! Any disrespect will get a warning. Two warnings and then you will be kicked if it happens again. Everyone is just trying to have fun.

These are the very specific roles for this roleplay. This is not all the roles. If none of these syit you, you can ask for a different role by name and I can add it if I think it fits.

Greneral: Tetro Tetro
Strategist:
Heavy Infantry Commander: Cpt. Soda Cpt. Soda
Paladin Core Commander:
Beast Rider Core Commander:
Archer Core Commander:
Magic Bombardment Squad Commander:
Arcane Heavy Artillery Squad Commander:
Assassin Core Commander:
Support Core Commander: EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy

Soldiers:
- Support Core:

Of coure each of these will need soldiers to fill ranks. If you want to be a normal soldier in these ranks, let me know. More info will be given in the lore tab when its up.

If your interested, just tell me your requested position. These are first come, first serve.

Last edited:
even monsters have their definition of normal
What is the monster's definition of themself? How can they differentiate themself from the half-human?

Also, since the player's positions consist of lots of commander then I assume the players will move with an army?

What is the monster's definition of themself? How can they differentiate themself from the half-human?

Also, since the player's positions consist of lots of commander then I assume the players will move with an army?
Monsters differentiate about the same as wild animals. Different color, a physical mutation and stuff like that. Also, half humans are half human. Its easy to tell.

Also, they will be moving with an army, but can also be sent on solo scouting missions and stuff like that.

I'm interested in normal soldier
Under which squad or core?

Monsters differentiate about the same as wild animals. Different color, a physical mutation and stuff like that. Also, half humans are half human. Its easy to tell.

Also, they will be moving with an army, but can also be sent on solo scouting missions and stuff like that.

Under which squad or core?
What dose support do?

This got my brain going, so I’d be happy to toss my hat into the ring as the Heavy Infantry Commander. Already have a great idea for a character.

This is up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back