Food The Kitchen

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Welcome to The Kitchen!
(As named by @Sindy)​

To celebrate the new Food prefix in the General Discussion forum (and to prove to the admins that this wasn’t a stupid idea), I’ve created this thread as a place where we can share recipes, talk about our favorite cooking techniques, and collectively drool over baked goods on Pinterest.

But mostly just share recipes.

Dinnertime has come, comrades. What’s on your menu?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh oh oh! I know this isn't the most complicated thing ever, but it's one of the down right best things I've ever made myself xP

Stuff you'll need + amounts I recommend

• Frozen waffles x2
  • Cheese slice x 1 - I use provolone
  • Ham slice x2
  • Egg, any size, x1
  • Syrup & butter

From there, it's simple work. Pop those waffles in the toaster, FRY your egg (I make mine still soft in the middle), then put all those ingredients together. Holy shit, best breakfast I've done ever had!

A million points to End, who made sure that the first post of the thread involved waffles. You are an inspiration to us all.

Did it look something like this? If it did, I'm totally buying waffles and trying this out.

waffle_grilled_cheese.jpg

Oh yes, it very much does! Waffles, egg, cheese, ham, and most likely syrup & butter. Looks like the whole package in a picture!

Red Velvet Swirl Brownies

Total Time: 1 hr 25 min

Prep: 25 min

Inactive: 30 min

Cook: 30 min

0165924_red-velvet-brownies_s4x3.jpg

Ingredients:

Pan:

• 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for the pan

Red Velvet Brownie Layer:

• 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 tablespoon red food coloring
  • 1 teaspoon vinegar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)

Cream Cheese Layer:

[*]8 ounces cream cheese, softened

[*]1/4 cup sugar

[*]1 egg

[*]1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract[/List]

Procedure

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking pan, and set aside.

Brownie layer: In a saucepan on medium heat melt the butter. Remove the butter to a large bowl and add the sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and vinegar, in that order, mixing between additions. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and stir it into the cocoa mix. Fold in the flour until lightly combined. Stir in the walnuts and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, saving 1/4 cup of the batter for the top.

Cream cheese layer: Blend together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Gently spread the cream cheese layer on top of the brownie batter in the pan. Dollop the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese layer. Using a skewer or the tip of a knife, drag the tip through the cream cheese mixture to create a swirl pattern. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before cutting. Produces 8 servings.

Look at Raime being all fancy!!! Have you tried that recipe before? If so, how did it work out for you?

welian said:
Look at Raime being all fancy!!! Have you tried that recipe before? If so, how did it work out for you?
Yes, I've tried it before thanks to my addiction to the glory that is red velvet cake. I made funny faces with the swirl pattern until they began to resemble something Edvard Munch painted.

I had to put them out of their delicious misery.

You did the world a great service. Do you have any photos?

Hogs Head Cheese

50 lb. pig parts with the bones, head and heart

Chicken stock

1 gal. diced red bell pepper

2 gal. diced green bell pepper

2 gal diced celery

2 gal. diced onions

2 cups diced garlic

20 bay leaves

1/4 cup parsley

3/4 cup green onions

1/4 cup hot sauce

15 gelatin sheets

Its absolutely delicious.

Thorn's Terribly Tasty Tangy Tortellini:

-1 package tortellini (cheese works best, although I've had success with mushroom and meat)

-Olive oil

-Minced Garlic

-Parmesan Cheese (grated or shredded)

-French, Catalina, or Russian Dressing

-Lime Juice

Cook the tortellini al dente (that means still slightly hard). Lightly pan fry in a small amount of olive oil and garlic(keep the temperature moderately low or you'll smoke it up bad). Add parmesan cheese, continue to cook til coating tortellini is coated and slightly crispy. Add light coating of dressing and lime juice to taste!

I know it sounds odd, but it's actually really really good.

Everyone has so many recipes, this amazing!!

In the meantime, here's a little something that my parents went NUTS over, on an evening where I was actually scrounging the kitchen for components of a semi-decent dinner.

Ingredients:

• 2lb of ground beef (this was 85% lean, you'll proooobably want something leaner)
  • A bell pepper of your choice (I picked red)
  • A medium or large white onion
  • Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • Adobo seasoning

Execution:

• Chop your veggies.
  • Grab the frying pan of your choice and if you want, grease it. You really don't have to with the fattier ground beef. Lid is optional.
  • Crank the heat up on your stove, get that pan sizzling. Dump the meat in there.
  • Poke at it, stir it around, and when it starts cooking, grab your chopped veggies and chuck those sorry suckers in with the chuck.
  • Season liberally (or I guess to your liking) with Montreal Steak Seasoning and Adobo.
  • Keep stirring that bad boy until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are done to your liking.
  • Eat it. Maybe with mac 'n' cheese, that's what I did.

EDIT: Some notes.

• If you use 85% lean meat like I did, you WILL be serving this with a slotted spoon.
  • I did not use a lid. I also had the heat cranked up pretty high until the very end when I wanted to make sure the onions were soft enough for my dad.
  • Somebody should try this with Old Bay and tell me how it goes.

51NH9XY6QYL._SY300_.jpg

It may not be a recipe, but I'd recommend you go to your nearest grocer and buy a package or two of Gnocchi. For those of you not in the know, Gnocchi are soft yet thick potato and dough dumplings that can be added to soups or used as substitutes for pastas. They're remarkably good with creamy garlic soup stocks and curry sauces.

Now, as a refined but lazy gentleman wolf, I do love simple and quick to make recipes. For some reason I haven't really found this one anywhere on the internet so I'll just share it with you.

Preparation time: 5-10 minutes

You need:

- radishes

- apple vinegar/lemon juice

- yogurt

How to do it:

You cut your radishes in as thin slices as you can. Watch for those fingers! You throw them in a bowl and pour some vinegar/lemon juice. Now you squash them 'till they are rather soft! Give them a really nice massage. Works best with your hands. If you are a wolf like me, please wear gloves. Next, you pour the vinegar away and put some yogurt to the radishes. They shouldn't swim in it.

And you're done! Enjoy!

[QUOTE="Sir Raime]
51NH9XY6QYL._SY300_.jpg
It may not be a recipe, but I'd recommend you go to your nearest grocer and buy a package or two of Gnocchi. For those of you not in the know, Gnocchi are soft yet thick potato and dough dumplings that can be added to soups or used as substitutes for pastas. They're remarkably good with creamy garlic soup stocks and curry sauces.

[/QUOTE]
Gnocchi's amazing. I often make a very garlic-y pesto for my gnocchi

Dirty Pirate Iced Lollies

2 1/2 cups of Cola

1/3 cup of Spiced Rum

1/3 cup Kahlua OR Peach Schnapps.

----

1. Put all the ingredients in a cup and mix.

2. Pour thoroughly mixed mixture into lolly moulds.

3. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours, or until mixture is solidified enough to hold a lolly stick. Insert sticks and finish freezing overnight.

4. To release lollies from moulds, run warm water for a few seconds on the outside of the lolly moulds.

@Grey 's Secret Irish Creme Fudgesicles Recipe

Ingredients

2 cups Bailey's Irish Creme

3/4 cup almond milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

For fudge

1/2 cup chocolate chips

3 tablespoons almond milk

Method:

Whisk together Bailey's, almond milk, and vanilla in medium sized bowl. Set aside.

Combine chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons almond milk in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and microwaving in 10 second increments until melted.

Pour Irish Cream mixture into popsicle molds, distributing evenly.

Drop about 1 teaspoon of fudge into each popsicle, allowing to drip into creme mixture. As the popsicles melt, the fudge will float throughout them.

Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight, running warm water over molds to loosen popsicles.

Adult beverages, I am digging this. Remember, kids - obey the legal drinking age in your country!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back