• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Darktanion

A professional writer is a amateur that never quit
The war had waged between the kings of Daithos for years. Each winter as through the battle field became a tradition. Each family was asked to send one member of each family to join the fight. Each of them trained to defend there king and war grounds.
rumor among the knights was that a prophets prediction assorted the end of the war. A king with untold power and his sword that protected him. Each kingdom argued that the tail described there own king. There own victory. But it was all nonsense. This war,each battle. Each endless winter that turned white snow into red stains.

it was 8 years since she had been casted out from her family to join the war. Her father had a new wife and child. They were happy without her. She wasn’t foolish enough to think there would ever be a welcoming back. In the end, they wanted her to die, because then her house would be left to her younger step sister.Even with the protest of the army general, she joined the army at age 11, and never turned back. A women in the army was unheard of, which is why her general kept the truth hidden. Trained her in secret. ‘You know what will happen if they find out your women?’
‘Yes general’
‘They’ll rape you over and over’
‘Yes general’
With dull blades and tight bandages she bound her chest and cut her hair to seemlessly blend in with an army of men. It was a winter now just like any other. A march to another battle against the kingdom of Adios. They had a new young king. Generals hoped that made him naive. It was another flicker of false hope that may help find an end.

(This is a roleplay if been itching to play out. Obviously one of us would be this knight, One a king with a lot of npc or spare characters on the side. I prefer somewhat detailed replies. good grammar. If your the person who does 5 word replies all the time, this role play isn’t for you. I’m not saying you need paragraphs each time. But this is a book. Description is what creates an image.)

1632532312096.png

the young king threw his coat on as he went for a morning stroll though the castle, watching out the window as his new knight trained "hed better be good" he thought as he kept walking to the war room. the halls of the castle were lined with tapestry and banners. "good morning your majesty" the generals in the room stood at attention, bowing their heads deeply, and sat back down. "so, ive assumed you've all read the plans for the next advance" the king said sitting down at the head of the table. the table was circular with a bump on the end where the king sat. the room around them was made of wood and stone in some areas. multiple sets of armor and weapons. "of course king Ronin, and we thought they were amazing, we thought you wouldn't have made it as well as you did with you being a novice but we found very little flaw in your plans." the generals said looking through the papers and drawings. the rest of the men at the table noded their head. "good, and these plans only work if you all stick to them and train your men correctly" Ronin looked more sternly at the men. "speaking of soldiers, i am to meet my new knight within the evening. i wish to see how he performs" the king stood up and walked out of the room, not saying another word.

~TIME SKIP~

the sun began to set on the horizon as Ronin stood on his wall, watching it, peering over his kingdom.

The wet cement held against the small carved pillars that kept the kings body afloat.

The shifting of the wind breaking against the form behind him was the only sign he received of his new found company.
The knight calmly stepped forward, giving a submissive bow to the king. The knight who had been hand chosen to fight along side him, to be his sword, his protector. Up close, anyone would question such a choice. He was skinny, small for any man. He only came up to the kings shoulder, if just barely. Overall, his frame was that anyone might laugh at. In comparison, the king could probably easily overpower him.

He had not seen him fully in combat, in reality the generals insisted he take there strongest solider. When it comes to finding that person, this was the name that surfaced.

Danny Lane. A 5ft 6' man with a skinny and pale frame. It was hard to see under the clothing his muscle tone, but it appeared to be evenly built to match his stature. His deep green hair matches his hues as he looked up to the king.
Perhaps this was a joke? His generals weren't known for trying to play tricks on him. No one wanted to test that anger.
"you called for me my king?" His voice was raspy, like he had not taken a drink in days. No doubt he had just finished training based on the glisten of sweat coming off of him.

Attachments

• 1AEBD014-380C-4287-81C1-BA694B736063.jpeg
    1AEBD014-380C-4287-81C1-BA694B736063.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
"quite so" Ronin replied circling him with an emotionless face, staring coldly. "what was did your training regiment consist of this today?" Roning liften up his arm and pulled his shirt sleeve back, inspecting his arm, rotating it. "hmh hes a little short, how the hell did this guy get here" Ronin thought dropping the arm. Ronin stopped right infront of him and stared into his eyes menacilngly, with the most icy stare he could conjour, standing right over him. "well, are you going to answer, or did the general train so bad of men such as you that you cannot answer a simple question quickly"

It caught him slightly off guard, the king taking his arm and examining it. Despite his piercing and judgmental gaze, Danny met it evenly, letting him examine his extremity. He didn't seem overly effected by the King's comment, if anything there was an increased tension on his jawline from the moment.
"I awake a 4am, run 15 laps around the castle parameter. I then do push ups followed by combat practice till noon. We eat then, finishing and resuming paired attack sword play." He left of the end time, though judging by him just now arriving, it was likely about the time of sunset.

He could tell the king was likely not pleased. Most people were outwardly judgmental on his size. It however always served as an advantage. There was a lot more to battle then size. Danny of all people learned that quickly. His lips parted slightly. He wanted to reply to the insulting comment. He could already hear the lecturing tone of the general in his mind of ever back talking the king. The hold back caused a slight sigh.

"hmmm so you work hard." Ronin turned and began to walk. "follow me" Ronin walked down the steps of the castle wall towards the main courtyard, grabbing two swords from the nearby rack, tossing it to him. "i wish to see if you can match my skill." Ronin got into a combat position, holding the sword to the side of his body and leaning forward, waiting for his new opponent to react.

His gaze followed the king before his body did. He moved forward, shifting up behind him into the court yard. He was put slightly off guard, his hand reaching up, catching the blade by its hilt. He looked to the sword, his eyes shifting up towards the king as he spoke. He considered declining, to raise his blade to the king and risk actually cutting him was a punishment of death.

Judging by the kings expression, it was unlikely he would take no for an answer. He let out a sigh. A bad habit of his. He had trouble not showing is boredom or distaste for any tasks. He gripped the hilt, letting the blade lax downwards. He let the weight of the blade hang as he lunged forward. His technique was much different then any man the king had faced. He let the weight of the blade swing and add to the power.

Most men used there muscles to press force into it. Danny didn't, he let gravity feed the power. He twisted down, letting his feet slide across the dirt and under the kings sword. A perk to being so small, his movements were more swift, easily dodging and gliding under the mass of the kings blade. The movements chosen conserved energy. Something he would always need fighting against men with far more muscle and strength then his own.

Ronins swings were heavy but graceful as they connected with the knights blade, not letting there be a moment of pause between the two. his eyes narrowed he swung hard, hitting the guard of the sword and breaking it off. He stepped back and stopped. "what is your name" Ronin asked, barley breathing hard. he sat the blade into the dirt, resting both his hands ontop of it.

Danny twitched at the brute force of the blade. As the swords collided, the hilt severed, causing Danny to pull back one hand to prevent it from being cut. He was slightly unamused by this challenge being chosen at the end of a already long day. But perhaps that was the point. Some kings thrive on the win. He watched the king as he spoke, letting the blade lax. "Daniel sire"

A general moves up behind them, smiling. "He goes by Danny my King. He is the best choice don't you agree? So unique"
Danny gave the general a glare for that comment, general Gabriel smiling innocently.

"apperantly so, you move swiftly danny. i like it, now kneel." Ronin stood a little taller, raising his sword to the sky.

He gave a small nod, slowly kneeling down, letting the sword he held touch the ground.
He had to force himself to relax. The idea of the king putting his sword in the air, he could easily kill him now. But to go against him in itself was a death sentence
He slowly let his eyes close, taking in the darkness, submitting. This war was getting tiring anyway. This guy didn't seem so bad.

Ronin slowly touched each of the knights shoulders with the tip of the sword. "you are hereby knighted, Sir Daniel, Knight of king Ronin, Now rise" The king held the blade to his side as he watched the knight stand, "with this honor i trust you with my life, starting tomorrow i want you to train harder, faster, get better. i trust you daniel, lets see how well you handle." Ronin smiled a little at the knight.

He gave a slight pause as he heard the words, slowly standing. He had a very subtle twisting of his lips of satisfaction. For someone who was thrown into the army to serve as a death sentence, he had made it further then any other man. In truth, her captain would not be pleased, the rule was to stay low, don't get noticed. The fact the generals had taken notice and brought him here was already a big risk. But what alternative was there? Lose the fight? That wasn't something Danny would do. Do not show weakness, that was the way to survive. This was no different.

Danny looked over King Ronin as he spoke. The rumors weren't far off. He was young for any King, although, his personality did seem softer then he had anticipated. Trust? That was a bold move to be so open to trusting him. Though truth was, Danny was the most loyal. Any solider or knight, anyone who had come to know him found the same level of trust in 'Daniel'. Thinking about it made him sigh, giving a nod to Ronin. "I will serve you till the end my king."
It was mere seconds before the conversation was quickly interrupted. Halo, the kings advisor moved forward roping his arm around Danny's neck. Danny jolted, looking back, Halo grinning wildly. "Ro! You replacing me already? And with this half pint?" He chuckled, letting his hands run through danny's hair before ruffing the strands. Halo was a long time friend of Ronin, back to when they were small children. Unprofessional was a loose term to describe his personality. He was mostly playful, a flirtacous man-whore that spent most of his time hitting on the help. Of course, despite his brash personality, predicting behaviors of foreign kings and war strategies were actually his gold. He was one of the minds that brought Ronin to power, and the mouth that pushed armies to follow such a young King.

Halo cocked his head to the side, pulling Danny's face over to look at him fully. "Oh this one is cute. Is it normal for a man to have such soft skin-?" Halo's voice was cut off as Danny grabbed his arm that held his chin, twisting over and letting the weight of gravity and Halo's weight throw him forward over his shoulder. Halo hit the ground with a huff, Danny releasing him stepping back. "Oops, sorry, thought you were an assassin" Danny added, annoyance on his face. Danny wasn't a fan of being touched, let alone having someone so close. Halo groaned, coughing slightly. "Oh geez, this ones a brute!" He exclaimed in a more dramatic tone. He chuckled slightly, rolling over. Danny stopped for a moment, his eyes locked on the pin attached to Halo's chest. The symbol for the kings advisor. Shit. That was punishable by lashing to strike someone with such a title. Danny clenched his teeth, grinding them slightly as he looked towards King Ronin. Well this didn't go very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back