• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Ryan Haywood Gustavo

Ryan slept like a log, like he normally did. He didn't have a care in the world that he had bullied some poor kid on twitter. When morning came Ryan's eyes opened slowly. Normally he would wake up at 5 and go on a morning run, but with the storm that night, he had a chance to sleep in. He threw off his covers and swung his legs over his bed. He walked over to his closet and put on a hoodie and some shorts. He walked out of his room and down into the gym. He needed his morning work out. After about an hour workout he needed to take a shower.

With Ryan now feeling better, Ryan had walked down to the living room. There was no school due to the storm, so that meant that Ryan could just chill at home and not have to do shit. He could fuck off all day and play games. He started up his Playstation. He started up call of duty. He was going to troll some squeakers online. His mother walked down stairs. She asked why Ryan was gaming when he had school. Ryan explained that school was canceled due to the storm the night prior. He started a match when his father walked down. Ryan stopped at looked at his dad. He watched as his dad went into the kitchen and started to help his mother. Now Ryan was a tough guy. He was the biggest person in his high school. But at home, he was the smallest.

His mom was the one that fully kept the family together. Ryan's father, now there was the one thing that Ryan was scared of. Not because he would beat Ryan. Ryan could take the beatings. It was when his father would go after his mother. He felt the pain when he would see his mother with a new bruise on her body. He wanted to kill his father, but his mother was the one who stopped him. Saying that his father was going through him. Ryan still wanted to kill his father, but he couldn't do anything about it.

He inherited his temper from his father. That was the only thing he got from his old man. His father opened up his phone and opened his email. He got up slowly and walked into the living room. He turned off the TV. He held up his phone and showed Ryan that he needed to go to the beach. It was just a reason to get Ryan out of the house. His dad was probably gonna do nothing all day. After he lost his belt, Ryan's dad kinda was dead to the world. Anger filling up his soul.

Ryan got up with a huff and walked out the door. He had to leave because then his dad probably was going to just go after his mom. He walked down the street. He pulled up his phone and started to start shit on twitter. Calling people out. Looks like everyone was down at the beach. Ryan just started walking. He had no real plan.

OPEN

mood

chill

the beach

outfit

tags

interactions: npcs
mentions: hyacinth, sawyer

amir

I act like unbothered, because I am

When Pastor Martin had decided that the beach clean up would be a task for the students of Hartfield and Parish Point, Amir hadn’t even given much thought to what he’d said. He had better things to do than clean up the beach and when his cousin had asked if he would be coming along he’d told her as much. Instead Amir had stayed behind to help out his father, uncle, and grandpa. Together the four of them had rode around to access the possible damage that the storm had caused. There had been some trees from the apple orchard that had been knocked down, but on the brighter side most of the apples had been knocked right off the tree which would make harvesting easier. The cranberry bog had also been fine, just filled with the little more water and the animals themselves were still a little shaken but fine overall.

Later on they’d get rid of the fallen tree and debris around the land. By the time he had gotten back inside Amir had found out that apparently, there had been a whale on the beach and while the police were doing nothing, the students had managed to save it. Amir couldn’t say that he was surprised really. He could imagine Hyacinth there, ready to cry at the sight of it on the beach. His cousin had always been a crybaby, especially when they were younger. That reason was one of the many reasons why Amir was protective of his ditzy older cousin. And speaking of his cousin he suddenly remembered that she was eating lunch with her friend. Knowing that whatever she packed was gonna be good as hell, he definitely wanted in on that.

There was also the party that everyone was talking about, his phone was blowing up with texts from his boys, urging him to come and bring them something to sip on. Knowing them they probably didn’t even get that much cleaning done, but that wasn’t really his problem. It was nothing to get someone to buy alcohol for him. His plug happened to be a big sports fan and since Amir was the quarterback, she’d been all too happy to give him what he wanted. In more ways than one at times. So with a bottle on Smirnoff Green Apple on his person he headed to the beach.

As soon as he arrived Amir was greeted by his buddies, which mostly consisted of the athletes of Hartfield, especially the football, baseball, and basketball players. They seemed to have their cups ready too, someone must have gone to grab some because soon they were ducked off and Amir was pouring it up by his car.

nine lives

Hayden Anderson

Hayden had somehow missed the entirety of saving the whale, however thankfully it seemed like they had enough hands. Saving a whale, that would of been cool to be able to say, to be able to brag about. Yea.. He wished that he had been over there, rather than moving the giant drift wood pieces to the middle of the beach. Granted, after tonight, he was sure he would of been well known for the giant bonfire that he would start for the party tonight. That was all he needed, some sort of recognition. He was getting sick of hearing how horrible he was to Tatum from her or her new victim on a daily basis.

Not only would the fire get rid of the drift wood, but they could throw more trash into the fire. It just made clean up just that much easier, at least in Hayden's opinion burning it up was the best of both worlds. Big fire, fun, and less clean up. Now he just needed to get some fire starter and they could really get this party started. Hayden turned around quickly when he hit a small wall.

Hayden was in a bit of shock when the small blonde began to speak, hearing the undertone of a southern accent. The only time accents showed up around here they were ditching their R's and speaking extra fast. His eyes opened wide, and a small smile crossed his face. The southern blonde belle in front of his was very pretty. He had almost forgotten to respond to her, "I uh- no, it's fine! I wasn't paying any attention." He bit the corner of his bottom lip.

"I'm Hayden." He ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head. "Where are you from? You never hear an accent like that around here."

Interactions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Graham Moore

Graham stood on the sand by Lulu's side, he knew that he wouldn't have been much help to the whale. Even so, there was so many people all around they definitely didn't need the extra help. So Graham stayed on the beach watching Lulu take pictures of the rescue mission. "You know, those would be really cool for the year book." He smiled lightly elbowing her in the side. Graham let out a sigh of excitement when the whale returned to the water. He hadn't realized that he had been holding his breath the entire time. But now, he could breath easy the whale returned to the water and everyone was celebrating

"I can't believe school was canceled for a beach day." Of course Graham knew they were supposed to be cleaning, and honestly it could of been nicer out than it was. Even so, it was nice to get away from classes. "What kind of school do we go to?" He chuckled, he missed home, and he wished that he could of stayed in Anchor Bay. He wished that he had gotten a spot on the cheer team, and not been forced to be a mascot. But at least it was something. He was making friends. He had a.. well, he wasn't sure he could call Meera his girlfriend.. But he was pretty sure she liked him. And he KNEW he liked her. She was so different, and special, and smart.

Graham had realized that he had completely zoned out thinking about Meera, shaking his head he brought himself back to the present and began talking to Lulu again. "Do you think you'll hang around tonight? I think people are talking about a party, but like... It's not really my scene?" Graham pressed his lips together, feeling relatively uncomfortable with the idea of a party. But also not wanting to seem like the biggest wimp there was. "What are parties like around here anyways? Are they crazy? I'm not sure I can handle crazy.."

Graham was glad that he had found Lulu as a friend, and same with Meera, they were more understanding than anyone he had ever met. Even though occasionally he had to explain to Meera what he meant. They were good people, even if they were a little odd, he was also odd himself. If he hadn't found them he wasn't sure what he would of done with himself.

Mentions: lion. lion. Interactions: PenguinFox PenguinFox

tumblr_inline_o4ez1vhffv1slba3h_500.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby
Colby was pretty much right next to Stu when he got whacked by the whale’s tail—by some strange luck, it missed Colby entirely, or he kept his balance a little better. Poor kid.

Ten seconds after the pilot whale disappeared from view, striding out of the water after a few moments of whooping in celebration with the others, Colby realized how cold he was. He’d made sure the whale was able to float on water that wasn’t too shallow, gently pushing the side of its body with the group after tugging the tail so the whale was facing the water. It was an amazing feeling, saving a whale calf and guiding it to freedom. That feeling didn’t last long for him. Right now, all Colby could think was how cold he was and hoped he wouldn’t get too sick later.

The light rain began to slowly die away. It looked like it would be gone entirely just in time for the celebratory beach party that he started hearing about later. A group of teenagers saved a pilot whale—sounds deserving of popping bottles at a place that they just cleaned up. He couldn’t help thinking that, but he kept that thought to himself since many people in this town would be triggered by irony like that. The kids here know how to get lit up, but don’t know how to lighten up.

Squeezing the beach water out of his beanie cap, Colby caught sight of Tatum leaving the beach (probably before she kicked her boyfriend Zach out of the car). He almost didn’t hear Maxine talking to him.

“Huh…? Oh, yeah, sure. We can go to the cafe on foot from here,” he said, handing his beach towel to her after drying his own face and hands. “I think I left a hoodie in the office room, but there’s no spare clothes for either of us there.” Everything below his waist was pretty much soaked from pushing the whale in the ocean. Some water also managed to get under his jacket. So much for waterproof, but his blue sweatshirt was mostly dry above the hemline. He really should’ve invested in waterproof pants.

“There’s a store that sells some clothes for a few dollars. We can stop by there after hot chocolate.” Without skipping a beat, he tipped out several ounces of water and wet sand from his engineer boots. “Are you still gonna catch up to Tatum for those extra clothes before she leaves?”

With: Maxine Dazzle Dazzle , mention Tatum Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler , Zach lion. lion. , Stu Dede Dede

tumblr_inline_n6tsweHY7H1sahtnr.gif
Lemon had been shocked that he didn’t recognize her. She had been in classes with him, though she did seem to blend in with the background of Parish Bay High. She was relieved that he wasn’t angry with her, even though it was her fault that she had run into him. It wasn’t like she would argue with him if he wanted to take the blame. The way he looked at her made her feel more than a little shy. No guy had ever really given her attention, or maybe she had learned how to avoid the attention of any male. No matter, she was always willing to try and make friends and being friendly with those that didn’t know her.

It was in that moment that she had been taken aback; How could he hear the accent? Lemon had been so careful as to not let anyone hear it. The only person who had ever heard it was AJ when she was younger and had a much thicker accent. Over the years she had learned how to repress it, not bring attention to it. But she never could fully remove it, at least not with how thick the accent was in her parents. The deep southern drawl that her father had and the twang of her mother, Lemon could never lose the accent.

She gave a small smile towards Hayden, “Originally I’m from Alabama, but my parents have been here since I was six.” She shrugged it off, “We have classes together, not that I expect you to know. Hayden Anderson. I’m Lemon. Lemon Pierce.” Lemon had known of Hayden; he wasn’t super popular, but he was well known around the school. That and it wasn’t like over the years she hadn’t learned the names of most of the kids at Parish Bay. “It’s a pleasure to actually meet you.” A smile plastered on her face, she didn’t care that he hadn’t known her or recognized her. That was how life was as a teenager, if you didn’t play a sport or spread your legs you weren’t well known.

Dazzle Dazzle

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

Vered had stopped paying attention to his surroundings at some point. He didn't see the whale breach at all, so it must've dove down and gone on its way. No celebratory look back -- whales were smart, but most animals don't really understand "help". If you do something nice for a creature it won't be any less terrified of you. But he still felt pride in his actions.

It was probably the biggest thing he'd ever do.

He was about to get up when suddenly he had a hand on her shoulder. Who... was that Ivy? From Twitter? And now her hand is there? Vered shifted uncomfortably.

"Uh, I'm not an orphan," he tried (and failed) to speak with conviction, "I still live with my parents and everything."

Suddenly he realized Stu was no longer with them. He must've run off... he did say something about food. And Vered hadn't eaten since last night's dinner. Chocolate was hardly a breakfast, but it was at least a good thing to tide him over until lunch came along, so he peeled himself away from Ivy and ran off.

Stu was not holding chocolates. Rather, Stu looked distressed.

"What's up?"

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
MOOD: Distressed
interaction Stu, Vered, Ivy Dede Dede Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

OLIVER DREYFUSS

Oliver, ever silent, sat with his two friends as the reality of what they'd just done came down on them. Stu was ecstatic, cawing like a happy crow and playfully shoving at Vered and Oliver (who flinched back and defensively shielded himself with his arms). Drenched to the bone and covered in sand, tired, sore, and overall just feeling a little funny... the tallest of the three actually seemed to have started to settle into his discomfort a bit. Everything still hurt terribly, but he was managing. He had his friends, and besides,, he'd just accomplished something awesome. He couldn't not be at least a little happy.

At least until a hand came down hard on his shoulder, sending a pulse of panic ripping through him.
Oliver jolted back as though he'd been shocked, striking at the offending person only for the contact to press in harder, almost painfully into his bony shoulder. Just like that, he froze up, turning white as if he were going to pass out. A mocking girl's voice rang out over his head, cutting so sharply into his ears he almost swore he felt them bleed. Why was she so loud? Why was everything always so loud and why was he being touched!?

Whatever back and forth was happening between the girls, it just sounded like radio static. Like a broken refrigerator. Like a hot oil popping. Loud. Sharp. Piercing.

At his side, Stu moved away as if he'd simply not noticed that whole situation. He started up the beach, but this time Oliver caught his friend's movements and, not wanting to be left behind again, wrenched away from Ivy and ran after. Fighting to retain some semblance of functional calmness, he tried to force himself to focus on Stu's voice. Just Stu... just Stu for now. Stu was chattering away, and in the disconnected moments Oliver was able to grasp what he was saying, he had brought them all lunch and snacks. A faint smile passed over Oliver's face... food. His mother almost never had food in the house, and when there was food he was often refused it. So most days, he was left to either go hungry or try to get through the day on just his school lunch and whatever he could scrounge up around town. Stu bringing him something to eat wasn't just nice. To Oliver, it meant the world.

They reached the sidewalk again, now far enough away from the rest of the swarm for Oliver to be processing sensory information at a mostly-normal pace again. As Stu kept talking, Oliver listened, glad for Stu's upbeat energy.

Then, as if someone had muted him like a stereo, Stu fell silent.

Confused and more than a little worried, Oliver came to a stop, nudging the side of Stu's arm as his way of pleading for an explanation. Something was wrong.

code by valen t.

"Go Pirates!"

N/A

Scared

What are we gonna do about this whale?

N/A

Ashley Park

(She/Her)

• h

(click play twice!)

Ashley smiled as the strange girl helped her up. She began laughing with her. “It’s ok!” She assured her in between howls of laughter. “It’s always nice to know your energy is encouraging.”

Though a little annoyed over having to move, is she felt much better because of the company. She was a bit worried about nobody talking to her, so anyone was welcome.

“Ashley. Ashley Park.” She introduced herself, sticking out her hand.

Was this girl there when they pushed the whale? Most likely not since she was there to help out. It was most probably for the best. What a bad first impression for her to see Ashley pushing the whale with her butt!

“Parish or Hartfield?” She asked not waiting for an answer. If the interaction went well then hopefully she was from Parish. But if they fought or if she embarrassed herself then she sincerely hoped that it was Hartfield where she was from.

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

CB157D10-9BBD-40CC-BDE4-E38B8123AF60.jpeg
Charlie Ara
Once she had a firm grip on the girls hand, she pulled her up gently before crossing her arms on her own chest. "Charlie Ara, Im new to Parish High, and as far as first days go..." She gestured vaguely to the beach around them. "This is definitely a new one for me. Dont get me wrong, I am all for cleaning up the environment, just never thought it would be a school mandatory activity." Her thumbs hooked into the loops of her pants and she sighed deeply. She was starting to think her decision to move here had been overly rash, not that her current experience was making her regret it, mind you, just the overwhelming realization of her circumstances. She brought her thoughts back to the present, taking a step back to examine Ashley, looking at her in her entirety. The girl had eyes like deep pools and Charlie could just imagine herself getting lost in those waters. "You know, youre incredibly pretty, but like... in a certain way, not the boring media version... hmmm, oh I got it. Youve got this ancient tranquil Goddess kinda vibe." Charlie snapped her finger as she came to the conclusion, giving a nod of approval, proud of her own work. She always felt like people deserved more than the basic oh youre so pretty because you have nice eyebrows, oh youre so pretty because you have such long hair. So she decided to describe how the persons looks made her feel, how she could picture them in art. Feelings were the best way Charlie could communicate, she wasnt always the most articulate with her words, and struggled academically. The likely hood she would fail a class was always at least 40%, despite Ian constantly helping her on all their classwork back home. Charlie always felt the worst when she depended on Ian too much, more aware as almost anyone what kind of things he dealt with in his own mind. Yet, here she was, chasing him around the country because she couldnt stand to be alone.... She had to make this work, to be able to get the best of both worlds. Charlie would need to try her best not to lean on Ian for anything, while still being around to help him, that way she didnt lose her best friend or cause him stress. The rushing frustrations in her mind eased slightly as she decided on her course of action, it was for the best after all, that she learn to take care of herself for once.
tamarapasek tamarapasek

mood

chilly

the beach

outfit

tags

interactions: sawyer ( KingofAesir KingofAesir ) noemie ( LooneyLani LooneyLani )
mentions: n/a

hyacinth

she’s made of sweet tea & poetry

“Thank you, I can show you how I put my baskets together if you’d like. And if you’re talking about preparing the food, I can teach you how to do that as well.” Hyacinth was more than willing to teach Sawyer her skills if she wanted to learn. There was really nothing to it after all. And the next time they went on a picnic together Hyacinth would look forward to tasting whatever it was that Sawyer made for them. “No, sadly there’s nothing magical about me.” When Sawyer nudged her the other girl’s warmth made her realize that it was a little cold outside. Hyacinth figured that she had been so worried about that whale that she hadn’t noticed. Goosebumps sprouted on her skin and Hyacinth shivers. While her attire was cute it not made for this type of weather and seeing as Sawyer was right there, it only made sense to scoot closer to the other girl in order to enjoy her warmth. “I should have brought a jacket from home. I wonder if Amir is here yet...”

The sight of a familiar face approaching them made her smile. Nomi wasn’t someone who Hyacinth considered a close friend, but she was a friend nevertheless. The two of them didn’t spend time together often but Nomi seemed to enjoy her company when she wanted to relax or get away from things. The two of them could spend their time chatting idly or not talking at all, it was rather calming. “I’m glad that you like them. Try some of the macarons too, they’re very good.” Hyacinth looped her arm with Sawyer’s, laying her head on the other girl’s shoulder. “How have you been Nomi? It’s been a while since we’ve last talked.”

nine lives

Stu
QgfQ0MN.gif

‘My bag! I left it right— right here!’

Just like that, Stu was in panic mode.

‘It was here! I swear it was!’

He threw himself on the ground to peek underneath the bench, and found it empty save for a crushed can of coke and some other litter that had collected there in the storm. He bent his head over the nearest trash can, thinking someone had tossed his bag in as some practical joke on his nickname. Or perhaps he misremembered the spot, so he ran the length of the street and back again. No bag was there or anywhere.

‘It's, it's sort of blue and— you saw it, didn't you Oliver? I left it here. When we saw the whale. Someone— someone must’ve nicked it!’

Everything that was important to him was in that bag. The KitKats… well, mostly the KitKats. But also their lunch. And all the chocolates he owed Brandon, which was worth a fortune. There was also a library book that was due today, and his homework, which he never bothered to take out when he heard school was cancelled. And then there was the pencil case which he’d had since grade school -- the Stuart Little one that he was quite embarrassed to carry around, but couldn’t bring himself to part with because his mum had bought it for him. And now it was gone. And she was gone.

He looked like he was the verge of tears, but holding back because he was too old to cry in front of his new friends. All the same he was heaving and panting, clambering about in pointless circles like a headless chicken, checking spots he’d already checked twice or thrice before. He ran till he was tired and sweat was dripping off his face. Finally he came down on the bench and held his boiling face in his hands and stayed there. His best day was fast becoming his worst.

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy ArcherVarenne ArcherVarenne

ISABELLA ALEJA EDISON-ROSE

mood: scared for her life + location: beach + outfit: xxx + tags: Dazzle Dazzle Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Isa was not happy to be here at all. Her mother at the damn near crack of dawn woke her up. Before she can even try to talk her way out of going to this stupid ass beach thing. Her mom was ordering her to get dressed and ready so she could drop her off at the beach and make sure she stayed with the group instead of skipping. So the moment she got up, she was watched. Her mom was in no way letting her go anywhere but to the beach. Honestly it wasn’t so bad. She has Tatum and Max. Plus Noemie and the others. They at least keep her entertained.

Oh speaking of Max, she went to her hiding spot in her room. She grabbed the new phone, she bought the kid. In there was the cash, she got from dealing drugs and the diner. Her mother knew about the diner of course but she didn’t know about the drugs. It was before she met her, and unfortunately she was stuck where she was. She couldn’t get out and she had tried. At least she gets to spoil Max. That’s what’s really important to her.

She put the new phone in her bag. And she went downstairs. Grabbing some breakfast before heading out with her mum. She looked out the window and sighed. Her mom looking at her once and saying ”You know actually going to the place you are suppose to be is fun too. The principal said that you needed to do this, even if you are one of their brightest students.”

”Yea, yea. Tell me something I don’t know Mum. “

It’s not like she haven’t tried to stick it out for the whole day. School just wasn’t for her. It wasn’t her fault that she just didn’t like to stay in one place. Once they got to the beach, she kissed her mother on the cheek and headed out the car. Grabbing a cup of coffee, she went to go do her duty or whatever. She helped cleaned the beach, and then the whale incident happened. There was no way she was touching that animal so she settled for being the guard. A couple of people phones went into the ocean, and now there was people after her, she managed to punch a few before she had to hide, and went on her phone.

Then she had it out with the go-lucky pastor and Ryan. He fucking pissed her off. No one tells her what to do, and No one messes with Tatum. That girl was her rock and no one fucking messed with her. With a plan to kick Ryan’s ass later, and a threat from Tatum to get off of Twitter before she gets arrested. She turned her phone off. She took a moment to calm down before leaving her hiding place to go look for Tatum who was positively pissed at her right now. As she ran, she looked around to make sure no one was looking for her. She saw a few but dashed off before they could find her. She spots Tatum, and sighed. Time to get yelled at. She runs up to her and taps her shoulder.

”Please don’t kill me. I’m sorry?” Isa said as softly as she could. ShE also grabs her phone and turns it on. Once it’s on, she texts Max

leaving the beach for a bit, do you need anything while I’m out kid?
coded by natasha.

"Go Pirates!"

N/A

Yay!

Pretty Fairy!

N/A

Ashley Park

(She/Her)

• h

(click play twice!)

With her own two feet she attempted to steady herself, with a little help from Charlie."Nice to meet you Charlie! I go to Parish too"

"It’s new for all of us. Honestly even though this town loves it’s beaches, this whole thing is organized to get the two schools working together. I’m not complaining, but I think that there’s other motives apart from care for the ."

She let out a soft laugh. It was fun hanging out with Charlie. She didn’t have to worry about being mature, or calm, or not being too much. She could just be her hyper self. "Awwww thanks! You’re pretty too! Like a......." She paused to reflect on a worthy description. “Like a really sparkly fairy Princess!”

Yeah she might not be the best at descriptions. Though she hoped the meaning came through, she wasn’t exactly certain that Charlie didn’t find her an illiterate clown.

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

mood
tired and cold

outfit
ootd

tags
Dak Dak
juliet everett

After the whale was finally sent back into the water, Juliet fell forward as her entire weight pushed against the whale. The salty seawater and wet sand covered her face once more, and she blushed. Juliet hoped people didn’t see that but when she got up, all of the teenagers dispersed into their friend groups leaving her alone. She took off her bloodied jacket and sniffed, “Wow, I really shouldn’t have dressed up for this.”

Juli grabbed her phone and her eyes widened at all of the Twitter notifications blowing up her phone. She quickly muted the app once more before seeing somebody talking about how there was som party tonight celebrating the whale saving. Can she really go to a party where everyone already knows each other and will only hang out with each other while she stood there awkwardly at the drink station? Juliet shook her head. She had to go. Her parents aren’t moving anytime soon because they had a change of heart of not wanting to move during her senior year. Besides, this could be practice for her making new friends when she goes to college. Juliet opened Twitter and tweeted when this party was going to happen. Honestly, she thought no one was going to respond because of how there’s some kind of fight on her feed. Fortunately, a couple of people, although some were kind of sassy about it, answered her question. It made Juliet a little jealous of how so many kids in this town are unapologetically themselves. Is it because they all know each other?

Juliet sneezed and sniffed once more. She needed to get her shit together and get over her anxiety of new people. The people here seemed nice (at least the kids do) and everyone is so interesting. She opened the camera app on her phone to check the status of her makeup and she laughed. Why did she spend all that time doing her makeup and pick out her clothes when everything got ruined? Her face was smeared and wet while her leather jacket was ruined forever of whale blood and the fish odor. She probably needed to head back to change into something warmer.

Juli went over to the free coffee stand and warmed her up with her espresso. The warm, bitter taste heating up her entire body as she sipped on the drink. Lost in thought, Juliet hoped the pilot whale was able to find its home or safety in the waters. Has its mother been worried sick about him? Is there an adoption agency for whales? Was the baby whale picked up by some wondering adult whales who were bored and decided to adopt the baby whale? Wait, why was she comparing the lost whale to herself? Her parents love her and give her everything, why does she sound....bitter? Juliet shook that weird thought out of her head. She has a good life, she shouldn’t be thinking about stuff like this.

Wait... was Juliet forgetting about something? Oh shit, where’s Jack? Juliet whipped her head around trying to find the boy that she picked up. She practically ditched the guy. God, she is the absolute worst. Her heart pounded and she called out, “Jack?”
coded by reveriee

Last edited:
MOOD: Being a teenager.

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Nerds

INT: Ivy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

tags
TL;DR Evie's... sorta chilin now.
tl;dr
Genevieve
I don't give a damn about my bad reputation

Evie glanced over the nerds and back towards Ivy. Barely even giving the little Russian a reaction. Simply shrugging. What did she have to say? What did that even mean? This girl spoke in tongues. "... Haha you're orphans. I don't know, what the hell do you want me to say. Sorry?" She narrowed her eyes, grabbing the garbage bag from Ivy with the slightest glare and began to throw trash into it.

The sooner they got this done, the sooner they could party.

Okay, so maybe she's never really been to an actual party but that made it sound all the more fun.

What sounded even more fun, was tomorrow. Why? Well, a certain blonde had promised buying her a vape which, she was incredibly excited about. So... yeah, maybe it wasn't the best idea. Maybe Sawyer had a point. But all the kids her age were doing it. Literally all the guys at the skate park had one and she felt left out. Plus, they had cool flavors. How fucking awesome was that? Maybe the nicotine wasn't good for her heart, but Evie was like good to go for a few more years. What was the worst that could happen?

As long as none of them knew about that trash, she'd be totally good.

"I say we just ditch. I mean, look at all these people cleaning up. They don't really need us." The girl gestured to the beach, where either people were talking, looking towards the waves or picking up the trash around. There was plenty of people here and they certainly didn't need Evie here. She grimaced at her own words, suddenly realizing how that sounded.

"And before you get any ideas, you little demon. I don't mean ditch together. I'd rather jump in the ocean with Mr. Gert down there and I can't even swim." See, that was something Evie wasn't really insecure about admitting. Tons of people couldn't swim-- right? Whatever. She couldn't care less about what Ivy thought... she just kinda hoped she wouldn't throw it around.
code by valen t.

Hayes Gif.gif
Jamie Hamilton
In the eyes of a teenage boy, there are only three things that are important. Girls, money, and popularity. In that order. Strangely enough, Jamie felt like he was losing all three, all at once. Moving is hard, especially after living in the same place all your life. Harder still, is moving across the country with your annoying twin brother. It was for that reason Jamie 'accidentally' missed his flight and had to spend what felt like an eternity just sitting in the airport. Less than twenty minutes in to what was supposed to Jamie's own little adventure across the country, and he was feeling very, very alone. Don't judge! Jamie is basically an adult! Its just...The airport is so big. There's people everywhere. Strangers all going about their lives. Planes taking off in every direction. Its a lot! Jamie didn't want to go anyways! What was some stupid school in the middle of nowhere going to do for anyone! What right did his parents have to try and discipline him when they weren't even there!? Who did they think they were!? They didn't have phone service to even call home for the twin's last birthday, but suddenly they had all the time in the world to talk to the police about some stupid party!? It's Las-Fucking-Vegas! Of course a couple teenage boys left alone threw some parties! Suddenly that meant Jamie had to leave his home!? His friends!? His school!? Everything!? Where was Jamie's choice in the matter!? Why didn't he have a say!? Of course no one cared about what he thought!? Screw Jamie right!? Just drop him off at the airport and slap a ticket in his hand! Jamie was a big kid!

Jamie felt very small.

Scrolling through Twitter passed the time. He tried to interact with the people that'd be his peers in just a few short hours. A lot of good that did. Some prick named Ryan already wanted to beat him up, and everyone already seemed to think him and Jack were just a couple of idiots with two much money. He'd tried to be friendly and crack all the twin jokes, try and integrate himself into conversations, but by the time he was boarding his flight and turning his phone to airplane mode, Jamie felt like all he'd done was isolate himself from the locals.

Maybe Jamie was just being dramatic, or maybe Jack had already arrived and made a fool out of himself, but Jamie hadn't even gotten to Parish Point yet and he was already feeling like a bit of a social outcast. Ok, now that he thought about it, Jamie was definitely being a little dramatic, but still! 'Hi, Welcome to Parish Point, where are you from?' That didn't feel like too much to ask for. Jesus Christ, was it a crime to want to feel welcome somewhere new?

Arriving did nothing to make Jamie feel better about the move. Parish Point was the opposite of what he'd wanted. It seemed like it was in the middle of absolute no where, and it definitely wasn't as warm as Vegas. Jamie made up his mind pretty quickly.

Fuck Parish Point and every hillbilly that lived here.

MOOD: Bouncing off the Walls
interaction ❜ Evie Soap Soap

this scrolls too btw just in case the text overflows

IVY DAWKINS

As the boys ran off, Ivy rolled her eyes back and groaned. There went her sock puppets. "Look, Veev. There they go. This is what happens when you talk that way in front of widdle foundling babies. Who knows if we'll ever see them again." Evie's confusion gave her a pulse of satisfaction like a sugar rush. This was more than she could have hoped for. An afternoon away from the droning boredom of group home life, and then getting absolutely wasted on a beach? Delicious.

Evie made to leave, grabbing Ivy's trash bag and muttering something about wanting to ditch. Perfect. Now she didn't even have to earn the brownie points to get her sweet dopamine. Wait, not with her? Oh hell no. No way was Veevy Blake just going to wander away and leave Ivy stranded on the beach like the baby whale.

"Aww, really? Who else are you gonna ditch with? Ryan? He'll probably hand you a free coffee and expect you to drop your pants in gratitude. I know you don't mean the little boys whose hearts you ruthlessly shattered. There's Hyacinth, but how long can you withstand her Disney Princess antics? And Zach? Please. I can smell his silicone cheeks from here. I'm your best bet. Your last resort." Ivy winked, a devious grin flashing her pearly gap teeth. She nudged closer, playfully uncoiling her braids and letting her dark waves fall free over her shoulders as though she were in a shampoo advertisement. "Besides, after the party you'll forget it all tomorrow. Really, I'll tell everyone you spent the afternoon writing sonnets in Sawyer's lap. Promise. No one will need to know we held up the Sleeping Hedgehog for the cash register and the espresso beans..."

code by valen t.

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

Oh. The Kit-Kats are missing.

Damn it all!

Vered considered the possibilities. "Were you still holding it when we pushed the whale? It might've been swept out to sea..." He gritted his teeth. "The only other option is that it was stolen -- I doubt you could've misplaced a bag that large on a beach..." Who would steal a bag of KitKats? Ryan, in theory, but he hadn't even shown up. Nobody else seemed THAT cruel... Vered sighed. "We don't have any food."

This sucked. How was he supposed to clean the beach on an empty stomach? Racking his brain, he did remember that there were multiple cafes nearby. Oliver seemed like the well-prepared type -- anxious people tend to over-prep in fact -- so most likely, he had some money and Vered could pay him back later.

"We could stop off at that coffee place... the Resting Badger or whatever it was called?" It was definitely some kind of sleepy animal. "Then we can just come back. Everyone else seems to be picnicking instead of working, anyway, so I doubt it'll be a problem if we dip out for a second." Besides, Oliver looked like he needed the quiet time. "Thoughts?"

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

Hayden Anderson

Hayden saw the shock on her face, he felt a bit bad that he hadn't ever noticed her before. That she hadn't ever walked into his line of eyesight, how he had classes with her and never even seen her. "Shoot, I'm sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. He felt bad that he honestly hadn't remembered her, it wasn't like Parish Bay was a big school. And that just made him feel so much worse. He chuckled, trying to play it off just a bit either to make himself feel better, or maybe to make her feel better. He wasn't really sure. "I tend to get a bit stuck in my head every so often.." He shrugged his shoulders. "I guess we should of bumped into each other sooner." A small smirk grew on his face as he dropped his shoulders putting his hands into the front pockets of his jeans.

"It's nice to officially meet you, Lemon." He raised his eyebrows questioning, the name slightly caught him off guard. Not only had he never noticed the bright blonde, but her unique name should of at least brought some attention to her. "Wow, your parents really wanted to be original." He swallowed hard. "That sounded way worse than I had meant it too, I love originality." He stared at his feet for a moment. He was really screwing this up wasn't he...

He quickly changed the subject. "Alabama sounds really cool! Way warmer than here." Hayden had left the house with just a sweatshirt, it was a lot cooler than he had expected after the warm rain they had the night before. "At least the rain has finally stopped. I'm gathering all the wood from the trees that broke over the night for a bonfire tonight."

"For warmth and lighting up the beach tonight." He smirked, proud of all the work that he had already done, looking at the giant wood pile that he had spent the morning gathering. "It's going to be insane."

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Maxine Rhodes

"Great!" Max clapped her hands together in excitement, splashing water onto her face. She squinted her eyes as the salt water came flying right for them. Max's eyes now stinging, she wandered towards Colby's voice catching the beach towel through her half opened eye.

"That's okay, warm hot chocolate sounds amazing right now." She shivered, her eyes were finally open but still stinging, she was sure they must of been red from the salt. She finally saw who he was watching walk away, Tatum. Now, Max knew Colby was smart. And no matter how hot Tatum was, Maxine knew that Colby must of known he had to stay away from her. It was one thing when she was dating Hayden, that kid lacked a backbone. But, Zach, he'd actually give Colby a run for his money.

Not that she didn't trust in Colby's abilities, but her fear lied more in that Colby and Zach would end up in the hospital with serious injuries. And no one would end up winning. Colby had shown her the messages Zach had sent him 'apologizing' Max didn't believe a word the kid had said. Max could of believed Tatum forced him to send that to Colby, otherwise she would be withholding. Zach seemed pretty whipped, she was sure it wouldn't have taken much to convince him otherwise.

"Yea, I'll grab the pants from her on our way to the cafe." She shrugged.

"You sure you know what you're doing?" She raised her eyebrow at her bestfriend.

0k_mang0 0k_mang0

MOOD: Famished
interaction Stu, Vered Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy Dede Dede

OLIVER DREYFUSS

As Stu tore down the sidewalk, scouring the beach corner to corner, Oliver stumbled after, barely able to keep up with Stu's panicked stampede. By the time Stu collapsed back on the bench, Oliver looked a hair's breadth from passing out, slumped over the arm of the bench and gasping for breath. Usually he was a pretty capable runner, with more stamina than would be expected of his frail build. But after getting no sleep, unbeaching a whale, and now no food, he was running on fumes.

Stu's bag was gone. Idiotic of Oliver to abandon it. He should've picked it up and brought it with him when they got to the beach. How did he not notice it left unattended. Nothing could be done about it now, though.

Just then, Vered suggested they head out and find food elsewhere. The... Resting Badger? He meant the Sleeping Hedgehog, right? Oliver had never been, but he'd lived in town long enough to know the place. From what he'd heard, they were kind of expensive. But Vered had offered everyone at the beach $10 for helping to save the whale... clearly he had money, and wouldn't mind spotting Oliver just this once. Oliver would pay him back eventually, even if he had to dip into a few purses at the bus terminal.

Normally Oliver was hesitant to accept favors, but, desperate for food and not knowing when he'd get the chance to eat again, his brown eyes widened hopefully and he nodded.

"I...I like this idea." He said simply, hands folded by his chest as he leaned into the side of the bench and stared hazily into the near distance. The first time he'd said a word since... well, this was the first time either Stu or Vered would have heard him speak.

Oliver spoke with a smooth, lilting voice that barely suited his nervous demeanor, a little high in pitch for a boy of fifteen, and with something of an odd untraceable accent that was a little nasally but altogether sort of sweet.

He looked to Stu, pulling off that horrible stiff pair of gloves and putting them back in his pockets. The red, raw bite marks on his right hand were still painfully visible against his eerie white skin, and with his sleeves still rolled to the elbow, showing bruises of various age and severity, he looked... it was a bit disturbing, really. But he didn't seem to notice, evidently more concerned with the sand caught in his clothing. "Do you really think it's alright? No one will be mad we're gone. We... we don't have to clean up..."

code by valen t.

Jack Hamilton

With the whale pushed in, Jack looked out over the beach. Clean up was coming along nicely. He had gotten to work helping out where he could. He would stop every now and then and take a small break. Not long, just long enough to catch his breath and see what area needed he needed to move to. After a while of cleaning Jack smiled at his work. He had helped clean up a good amount of the actual beach. He felt a sense of pride for the beach. He still hated the town, but it felt good to help clean it up. Maybe that’s what his parents felt when they had gone to Africa. Jack’s phone lit up with a notification from twitter. Apparently his brother finally said something on twitter. He laughed and smirked and responded to his brother. Gods how he pissed off Jack sometime. Then he tried to embarrass him. Two could play that game.

After he had shut his brother up, he had walked over to the coffee stand and got some free coffee. He took a sip. It wasn’t bad, not his favorite coffee but hey it was free, and you couldn’t fight free. He walked around. People were still cleaning up the beach. Jack smiled. He had done his part and that was good enough for him. He took a seat in the sand and looked out at the water. He wondered where the whale had gone. Was it gonna be alright? Was it going to find it’s Pod again? Do whales even have pods? These were questions that Jack wondered about. He took a sip of his coffee and sat and thought about it for a while.

Jack turned his head when he heard his name being called. Who was calling out for him? It wasn’t like he knew a lot of people. He saw Juliet calling him. He stood up, patted the sand off of his pants and walked over to her, coffee in hand. He looked at her. “You good girl?” He asked because she was calling out to her. He noticed that she had some coffee from the vendor who had brought the coffee. “What’s your thoughts on the coffee? Not my cup of tea, but hey it’s not bad.” He said with a smile. Jack took a small sip from his coffee and looked out at the sea, then to Juliet.

sunnieside sunnieside

tumblr_inline_o4ez1vhffv1slba3h_500.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby

Colby raised his eyebrow at Maxine with a confused frown at her response. “Of course I know what I’m doing,” he said as he started walking. “I’ve made hot chocolate like a thousand times before. You’ve seen me make them. We still have to pay for them, though, but I can still make hot chocolate pretty fast.”

How dare she question his hot chocolate-making abilities. Tsk tsk.

He hoped he hadn’t stared at Tatum too long. He might not hear the end of it from Maxine. He was just observing! Like normal people-watching. Harmless. Besides, he’d noticed several other people were either leaving the beach or having a picnic. He guessed the excitement of saving the pilot whale had died down now. It was mostly like the only reason why anyone would show up. The beach still needed to get cleaned up, but Colby was sure there were still enough people to pick up litter.

With: Maxine Dazzle Dazzle

tumblr_inline_oyvdt5ZsWH1tect6h_400.gifv
Tatum was more than relieved when she turned and saw Isa, the girl made her feel stressed almost constantly, and sure Isa may have said on more than one occasion to not stress, but that wasn’t how Tatum worked. She would stress for her friend. Isa was like a sister to her, someone who really did have her back when shit hit the fan, and that was something Tatum couldn’t take for granted. She couldn’t stay mad for long at her friend, she really couldn’t stay mad at anyone for too long. That was energy that she didn’t need to exert, plus her mom said it caused wrinkles or something like that.

Her face lightened up and small smile spread over her face, “I’m not going to kill you, but please for the love of all that is good in my world, stop being such chaotic evil. You have to chill, take a breath and let me come in and help.” Tatum could already see Isa getting ready to rebuttal and put her hand up, “I don’t want the whole, you can handle things speech. I’m aware you are capable, but so am I. I’m not helpless or hopeless. But I love you.” Tatum pulled Isa into a hug. She had known Isa for so long, probably longer than most everyone else. Isa had been her protector, kind of a bully to others, but she had always protected Tatum. In return Tatum had over the years tried to help. She had placed money in weird places for Isa to find, she had covered some of her debts. Sometimes she had paid the debts in secret and sometimes openly. She owed Isa so much over the years. Especially the night she had gotten lost. Most of it was a blur, but she knew she owed Isa a lot from that night.

When she pulled away from Isa, she looked at her directly, “I don’t mean to get upset, I just feel a lot. I know it’s not a good excuse.” Tatum was more than aware of how she handled situations she didn’t like, and she wanted to be better. She hoped that Isa understood and would accept her feeble attempt of an apology.

r e i r e i
--
tumblr_orecu7ih4Q1r3dpmyo3_250.gifv
Lemon had watched as Hayden’s features and actions had turned more awkward, and she felt bad, that wasn’t what she had meant for him to feel. She could only shake her head at his apology, “No, it’s fine. I’m not the girl that speaks up or draws attention to myself. Mama always told me to only draw attention when it matters.” She gave a small smile at the brunette boy, “We all get a little lost in our minds, and we met now. The world works in such wonderous ways.” She had known that if they were supposed to have met earlier than the world would have made sure it had happened. Everything happened at a certain time and place for a reason. Every person was meant to meet Lemon for a reason, and she was never offended when people didn’t know her or remember her. She didn’t even mind when they didn’t understand her, she was what some would call odd.

She let her head tilt as she realized the confusion he held at her name, the same confusion that happened every single time she introduced herself. “Parents from the South are weird. It’s okay, I know my name is original. I learned that years ago, so I’m not offended, it’s nicer than other reactions.” She could see he was trying so hard to keep from offending her and really the fact was, her name was what it was. It didn’t have anything extra; it wasn’t a nickname. She was just Lemon Pierce. Typical blonde belle, in her parents’ eyes, and more of a head in the cloud’s ditzy blonde to others.

Her life wasn’t anything different to Hayden’s at least town wise she had basically lived in Parish her whole life, “I don’t really remember much of Alabama, but I like it here. Making the most of whatever here has to offer.” Really Lemon had forgotten about the party, but it sounded like it would be fun, “Oh! A bonfire? That sounds like fun! Do you need help? I know I don’t look like much, but I can lift like one really big bag of dog food.” She wasn’t super strong but she could still help, if he wanted the help.

Dazzle Dazzle

MOOD: Confused, agitated.

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Tatum, Sawyer, Colby. 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 KingofAesir KingofAesir Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

INT: Ivy, Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

tags
TL;DR Ivy and Evie are ditching-- together.
tl;dr
Genevieve
I don't give a damn about my bad reputation

Dude, what's this chick's obsession with her? Genevieve continued to shove trash into the bag rather angrily as she was forced to listen to her, because even walking away had even made the little Annabelle doll follow her. Did she need a crucifix or something? "Last resort? Really?" She said, barely even glancing at Ivy as she continued to make her way down the beach. She did have a point though-- Evie really didn't have anyone to ditch with her.

Sawyer was all caught up in lesbian activity, and Tatum was already off buying alcohol supplies or whatever the hell she was doing. Making out with Colby, probably. Yeah, that dude totally liked her. Sure, Evie didn't do the whole dating thing. Boys were disgusting. Girls were too so don't even go there. As if she'd take after Sawyer, she didn't look up to her, that much.

But she wasn't about to point it out just yet, a girl needed what she needed and she couldn't risk pissing Tatum off just yet. "I don't do expresso beans. Or coffee. Or hanging out with people I don't like." Evie didn't really understand why'd Ivy want to hang out with her in the first place. A disgusted quiver of her lip appeared on her face when she had gotten closer and Evie created distance between the two without a second thought. No, it wasn't like Ivy had cooties or some weird shit like that. Bugs maybe, worms even more so-- all along with a Russian book of insults to go along with it.

But personal space, man.

Evie enjoyed her personal space.

A last glance around the sad, depressing beach and she dropped the trash bag, picking up her skateboard and attaching it to her backpack with a tiny rope of sorts, which of course-- was her own creation. Shoe laces upon shoe laces had created a safety tie to hold her pride and joy. Despite her words, Evie found herself shaking her head at the decision she knew she'd come to regret.

"Okay, fine Chucky. Let's get the hell out of here."
code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back