• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
mood
warm and anxious

outfit
party outfit

tags
Dak Dak
juliet everett
“No problem! I honestly hate driving and you look like someone that’s good at it.” she grinned. To be honest, Juliet would let anyone drive instead of her. When they both walked in, the aroma of coffee beans and cinnamon waft throughout the coffee shop. The shop surprisingly had gatherings relaxing and sipping their hot drinks the day after the storm. It was strange to see people not wanting to help out with the messy town but still continued to mind their own business. Juliet scanned the area for somewhere comfy to sit, she beamed when she spotted some couches. “Let’s sit over there.”

Juliet beckoned the boy by wagging her hand like an excited puppy. She zoomed towards the couches and waved her hand to call Jack over once more. Juliet was excited. First, she made a friend and now she’s going to her first party. She wondered if there would be alcohol. Wow, she sounded like a freshman. Then again, she never went out and hung out with people. Actually, she never really socialized. She could learn Maybe if she drank a little and felt a little loose, it’ll be easier for her to talk to people. Juliet glanced over at Jack, Am I dragging him around with me? She shook her head. Why is she thinking like that? He’s probably hanging out with her because he’s new here too and doesn’t know anybody. Juliet called down a waitress and ordered her drink, “Can I have a mint tea with honey?”

The waitress groggily wrote down the order and the turned to ask Jack’s and wrote down his order. She left to go make their orders, leaving Juliet and Jack sitting there awkwardly. Juli wondered if she should start a conversation and asked, “I don’t think we officially got to know about each other. If you could describe yourself in less than 28 words, what would it be?”

She mentally patted herself on the back for being able to start the conversation. The waitress came back with their drinks and Juliet quickly grabbed the mug. It warmed her hands and she sniffed the sweet minty tea and took a sip. “Oh God, this is really good..”

Maybe they can be a little late to the party, this cafe is extremely comfy.
coded by reveriee

tumblr_mmb3k21Yfb1r2y48to3_250.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby
For the record, Colby let Maxine borrow his baseball cap. Because he’s always generous to his childhood best friend most of the time. Maxine promised to give it back. Did he believe her? No, not really, but he would get his hat back after the party somehow.

Anyway, before driving back to the beach, as the evening rolled in, Colby managed to nab two bottles of Jameson whiskey from his uncle’s cellar without getting caught (Maxine helped hide one bottle during their getaway), and he became on very slightly better terms with the blonde, stereotypical-looking surfer dude, Zachary Lee. Colby was mostly doing this for Tatum because she wanted him, her new friend, and her boyfriend to get along with each other somehow, but Colby himself also hoped Zach was kind of an okay person, too. He sent a private message, apologizing for being kind of rude to him earlier, and then he convinced him to also say sorry back. Did he believe Malibu Ken’s apology was genuine? Hell no. He still thought the guy was a jackass.

But whatever. Colby was still going to the beach party and enjoying it. Sure, the town’s schools despised each other, but he wasn’t going to let a dumb rivalry ruin his fun. However, there was an issue with one angry man-baby from his school that might show up. He promised Tatum that he would be on the lookout because she didn't want to feel unsafe at the party, so Colby brought along his brass knuckles, in case a punch to the face just isn't enough. It was an old gift he’d gotten from a friend while living in California, currently stowed away in the pocket of new dry pants, which went along nicely with his new sweatshirt. He didn’t tell Maxine about his special “insurance”, but mentioned his little security errand. He hoped he wouldn’t have to use it tonight.

“I’m gonna get a new drink,” Colby said to Maxine after finishing the contents of his flask, which hadn’t contained a lot of liquor earlier. “And maybe some snacks. You go try making some new friends while you mingle about.”

He gently nudged his shoulder with hers before striding away to the food and drinks tables, where he’d put his whiskey contribution. He glanced around the area and noted the lack of adult supervision at this party. How on-brand of this town. His cousin Harley had told him that they heard the mayor had possibly ordered the local police and prevented any animal protection places with capable adults from helping teen students at the beach clean-up, like saving the pilot whale calf—Harley added they might post an article about it on their blog tomorrow. Yeesh.

After eating 5 or 6 buttery popcorns from one bowl, Colby poured some portion of bourbon and coke in his cup, and then scanned over the table in search of any cream soda available. Why? Because a new friend recommended a drink recipe to him. Do people still drink cream soda? He still didn't know what made cream soda a "cream" yet. Somehow, he couldn’t find a single bottle of it among the flock of various bottles.

Tags: Maxine Dazzle Dazzle ; Tatum Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler , Zach lion. lion.
Interaction: i have plans with frens

Stu
PTGIEhF.gif

Stu watched the random young adult Sleeping Hedgehog cafe employee approach their table. God must have been pretty lazy when He created her, since He gave her no remarkable features or even the slightest hint of character. Stu secretly wondered what name might go with such an insipidly generic face. Olivia? Jessica? Anne with an E? Stu wasn’t smart or bookish enough to need glasses, but perhaps he needed to get a pair since he couldn’t for the life of him read what was scribbled on the lady's nametag. Did she even have a name?

Stu sank further behind the menu, this time actually bothering to read what was on the page. His eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets when he saw the prices. Nine dollars for a single bagel? That’s daylight robbery!!! Did these people think money grew on trees or what!!!

Oliver didn’t seem fazed by the cafe’s aggressive pricing scheme, however. Maybe he hailed from a rich family, kind of like Bruce Wayne. He was probably so rich he’d never had to order his own bread before in his life, which explained why he was stammering so badly. Anyway, if Oliver was Batman, then Stu would be Robin, and Vered would have to be the Joker.

The presence of the waitress must have put real pressure on the boys, because they ended up ordering a lot more than they intended to. God knows how they ended up with so much food on their table! Did they even order the waffles? And the milkshakes? Perhaps the waitress misheard them! Well, with so much to eat, it would be a shame to let it all go to waste. Stu, ever so considerate, would have to put his hunger strike on hold and pick it up again some other day.

He didn’t say much while he ate, forgetting his manners, attacking his food joylessly with just a fork while scrolling through Twitter with his other hand, looking for possible leads on his backpack. He thought the food as bland as the nameless waitress who served it. How could they charge so much for such a dry piece of bread? It was rock solid! No wonder people were flocking to that other cafe in town; there were rumours they were giving out free food over there, so really they should have gone there instead. Now Stu waited with bated breath for the lady to come back with their bill. Good thing he had rich friends to pay for the damage. . . Stu couldn’t even chip in if he wanted to, since all his money was in his backpack!

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

Cleaning up the beach didn't really sound like something that Liz wanted to, or was going to do. Meandering around the beach she pretended to do things productive, something she was quite good at doing after years of practice at school. After a short while she got bored and went looking for Ian. While Ian was doing far more work than Liz was he wasn't exactly trying and he certainly wasn't enthusiastic. She casually approached him hand shoved in her pockets. She walked with him in silence for a few moments watching him actually do work with a slight look of astonishment. "Couldn't be me." she said finally. "Sup dude. Why are you actually doing this? Come ditch with me." she gave him a gentle shove as she spoke. Ian looked around, debating whether there would be any punishment for ditching. Would it really be that big a deal? Other people had it covered right? And it's not like he didn't help at all. Liz's gaze matched her step brother's. She gave and exasperated sigh and then spoke loudly enough for anyone immediately nearby to hear. "Yeah, I got more trash bags in my car. Meet me there." she lowered her tone again. "There, you're covered, now come on let's gooo." Annoyance was beginning to rise in her voice.

Liz didn't wait any longer and turned on her heels, strolling back to her car. Once she arrived she sat on her hood cross legged and went on twitter. A lot was going on. Fights with people, a party was going to be happening, she offered to give Tatum and her friend a ride, and plenty of goings on with Nomi. Liz felt her heart drop into her stomach. As she had told Josie, she just wasn't sure about how she felt. Nomi was great, one of the better things to happen in Liz's life, but they weren't together anymore. Didn't that mean she had to drop all feelings for her? And why was that so hard to do? She leaned back on her hood while fighting the urge to throw her phone. Palms met her cheek and a groan escaped her lips. This was all too much to deal with while her mom was in the hospital. There were too many emotional investments.

Sliding off the hood of her car she went to her trunk to make room for the kegs she promised she would bring. As she was moving things around she noticed a hoodie. It was Nomi's. "Shit..." She was trying to get her mind off of her ex, and now she was getting lost in memories. For who knows how long Liz stared at the hoodie in her hands, not even noticing Ian approaching. Ian cleared his throat causing Liz to jump and toss the hoodie far into the back of her trunk. "Shit dude don't sneak up on me like that!" she scolded, lightly punching his arm. Ian stared at her, the smallest of smirks on his face, paired with an arched brow. He glanced down to the trunk every few seconds. Liz caught on to what he was thinking and glared at him. "No!" Ian held his gaze. "NO....fuck you, shut up..." Liz slammed her trunk door and moved back to the hood to wait for her other two passengers. "You better wipe that stupid smirk off your face before I slap it off." She didn't look in her step brother's direction, mostly to hide the pink in her cheeks. Liz Bishop didn't blush.

~

Dropping her passengers off had gone smoother than Liz had thought. She was wary of the Isa girl Tatum brought along, but everything went fine. That girl seemed to have...destructive energy, and Liz couldn't really afford any destruction. That and she didn't really like the way she spoke to Josie on twitter. It wasn't necessarily negative, but Isa skated on thin ice. After dropping off the girls Liz dragged Ian to her family's brewery to get the drinks. She wheeled out the two kegs on a dolly, one alcoholic, one not. She then went back in and grabbed a gallon of regular cider for Josie. The girl was practically a sister to Liz and she would've gone through fire for her. Josie was one of the only people in the world that knew about Liz's softer side. Not even Ian whom she had grown close with knew the tenderness that Liz was capable of. Josie liked to tease that she would reveal her secret, and Liz went along with it, but deep down she knew she never would. The two had each other's backs no matter what.

As punishment for the smirk earlier, Liz made Ian put the kegs into her car, chuckling while watching him struggle. Shortly after, Tatum picked up Ian for coffee leaving Liz alone. She always found it strange how much time the two spent together. It almost felt like they spent more time together than Tatum did with her boyfriend. Usually it was for coffee too, which granted friends could do, but it was also commonly something considered to be a date.

Once Liz had finally arrived back at the beach she messaged Tatum asking if she could borrow Ian to make him carry the kegs again. There was no way she was going to bring them all the way down to the beach herself. She'd have to remember to message Josie and tell her about the cider. Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler LooneyLani LooneyLani r e i r e i Soap Soap

MOOD: anxious

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
Hyacinth
INT:
None
tags
TL;DR Kane is looking for Hyacinth
tl;dr
Kane Blackmore
There’s a lot of people here...

Kane wasn’t one for parties. He never had been, even when he was dragged to them every other day by his parents back in Chicago. When he’d moved to Parish Point, he’d thought he’d finally escape the spotlight, escape the constant pressure to socialize. He loved people, don’t get him wrong, but parties were different. They were sweaty, hot and had loud, obtrusive music. He was only hoping that this beach party would be different.

Kane stood now, in front of his mirror, a mountain of discarded outfits choices strewn about behind him. He was late, that he knew, but did he care? Not particularly. It had taken him over an hour to find an acceptable outfit: a loose, white shirt and tan pants. Casual, but still dressy enough for a party.

“Kane, honey, you’re late for that party. Weren’t you supposed to meet Hyacinth there?” His aunt Tris called through his closed door. Beatrice Blackmore was the polar opposite of her sister: calm, sweet and gentle. Much like Kane himself. Sometimes he wondered if his aunt should have been his mother instead. Veronica Blackmore was a force to be reckoned with, an arrogant, brash business woman with a love of publicity that rivaled the most attention seeking celebrity’s.

“Yeah, I was. I...I’m heading out now,” Kane replied, grabbing his keys and guitar case before leaving his room. He didn’t quite know if he’d play yet, but he’d bring it, if only to make Hyacinth happy. He shot his aunt a smile before heading out the door, slipping under the arm that barred his way.

“Kane Blackmore,” his aunt said calmly. He could just picture the look on her face: arms crossed, eyebrow raised and eyes wide. An expression that graced her pretty face often, a fake show of outrage.

Grinning, he walked back up the stairs and looped his arms around her. “I love you aunt Tris, I’ll be back soon,” he said, pulling back.

“Oh, trust me, I know. I give you an hour, maybe two until you get antsy and leave,” she joked, looking up at him. It was absurd how much taller he was than her. But for someone so small, she held a lot of strength in the fine lines of her body. “Just...have fun, alright?” She added, turning him around and gently pushing him towards the car.

“Fun, yeah,” Kane muttered, more to himself than anyone else. Sighing, he threw his guitar case in the passenger seat before climbing into the driver’s side, the ignition starting with a smooth purr. Like most seventeen year old male humans, his car was his pride and joy, one of the only things he brought with him to Chicago. It was a 1965 Mustang Convertible, perfect for New England weather.

The ride to the beach wasn’t long at all. Five minutes max, maybe. After parking his car carefully in an empty space, he climbed out, grabbing his guitar case from the passenger seat and locking the car behind him. Anxiety pressed at his chest as he saw the amount of people there, talking, flirting, having fun. Hyacinth. Where was she? When he found her, he would feel better. Or at least he hoped so.

Shrugging his case over his shoulders, Kane headed towards the crowd, his grey eyes scanning the sand for his friend. When he reached the vast expanse of sand, he slipped his sandals off and carried them, allowing them to dangle from his fingers as he brushed past people, muttering apologies and “excuse me” every few seconds. You would think that with so much space people would be less clustered together.

When a few minutes of useless searching, Kane pulled out his phone and shot a quick dm to Hyacinth.

I’m here. Where are you? Are you here? There’s a lot of people here...
code by valen t.

mood

happy

the beach

outfit

tags

interactions: kane Kio.exe Kio.exe
mentions: n/a

hyacinth

she’s made of sweet tea & poetry

Hyacinth had enjoyed the picnic with Sawyer just like she always did. But the cold had been bothering her throughout, making it a little less enjoyable. While her outfit was indeed beachwear it wasn’t suitable for the cold weather and it was obvious from the goosebumps that appeared on her skin. So as soon as they’d finished eating Hyacinth had made her way over to Amir and his friends. Despite her height she had been dwarfed by all the athletes within the group. They had parted once they’d notice Hyacinth making her way over. The group of rowdy teens had offered her a sip of whatever they were drinking to which she politely declined. While her cousin had been drinking as well Amir had assured her that he had managed to get a few sips before his friends had swooped in like vultures and taken the rest.

Within her room Hyacinth was met with the sight of Aisha on her bed, tapping away on her phone with Princess wrapped around her arm. Hyacinth had been quick to give her cousin a hug before changing into something warmer. By the time the two of them made it back the party was just getting started. There were a few people still cleaning up what remained but everyone else was setting up for the party. Hyacinth hopped out of Amir’s truck with the help of one of his friends, who she awarded with a hug for being so sweet. Hyacinth didn’t notice the look that Amir had shot his way, instead she was focused on joining the party.

Hyacinth had spent most of her time mingling with others, floating from group to group and interacting with them with no trouble. When a notification had suddenly come to her phone Hyacinth had checked it and smiled when she read it, scanning the crowd for her friend. Kane was someone who she was close with. She adored listening to his music and his poetry, not to mention how sweet he was and affectionate. When she finally spotted him Hyacinth made her way over. “Kane, you came. I’m so glad.” She was quick to give him a tight hug and as she’d promised to do Hyacinth held his hand. “How have you been? And your aunt?”

nine lives

MOOD: electrified

OUTFIT: -

basics
MENTIONS:
erzulie erzulie

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

It was a heinous hour; the crepuscular rays bristled against the riotous charges of the dark. To vanish, the sun turned to Zachary Lee, sinking old gold into the coils of his curls and thawing topaz into the abysmal Atlantis planes of his torso. Chosen was Zach, separated from other contestants and made beloved. They both were drastic burners: the solar star and him. They were arsonists within, insatiably starved till the afterlife, and paradoxically made bright because there was the constant unsettling taunt that beneath their exteriors, they were both treacherously given up on by light itself. And so forth, Zachary Lee was a strolling grace of fictitious luminosity that made dim the stars glistening above.

The waves didn’t just stir by nightfall, but upswung with heights as if they were rashly calling to the face on the moon. They gulfed the sand, troughing it with the salt of their bohemian rampage, before tugging back. The moon was drunk, all this meanwhile, with a loony grin hollowed in murky iron colors. Delusory, had become the beach, and soon the teenagers would feel it as well. Formerly, Zachary Lee, had spent two minutes in his car with his phone, thumb stubbornly hovering over the call button of someone who he had just texted. Distressingly, he tossed his head back against the headrest, closed his phone, and took a long look at the scented turtle hooked on his air freshener on his rear view mirror. It was a small aquamarine turtle with a cockeyed head and witty arms. Pina Colada. His jaw softened and softly grinning, he had gotten out. The caller ID had read Aisha.

Parties were a habit of his heart. There was something about them that was exhilarating. Easily, it had to have been the effects of liquor. Except, it wasn’t. It was the people. It was the howling laughter that temporarily spread afoot person to person. It was the grainy feel of sand under bare feet and the heat smothering from the bonfire. There was a dangerous free will that turned on a state of neurosis; who’d stop you from dancing with the devil? From puffing smoke? From forgetting to bode anxiously on the ills of tomorrow? Crowds expanded over the beach, and rather than mingling within them, he sought for his girlfriend.

He found her finally from a distance. She was a wonder for words. Her eyes, a narrator, repainted as the earthly ground whereas Zachary Lee would paint it as the color of the highest leaf, sitting on the highest branch of the highest tree. They would say she had blonde hair, and miss the element that if Zachary Lee was the sun, her hair was the color of Icarus’ wings. She’d risk the fall if it meant she got close. A narrator would paint her as a villain, misunderstand her as they all did, for words made every blonde dizzy and bad. So, Zachary Lee, without words, admired her.

Tatum Browne was in mid-conversation when his arm gingerly crooked around her neck from behind. Brushing his lips against her cheek, he teasingly complained, “Good god, Browne. You’re good at hide and seek. One year of dating and you still want to be chased?”
code by valen t.

Last edited:
Jack Hamilton

“I’ve heard that your Zebra mocha was to die for so I’ll take one of those please and thank you.” Jack had said to the waitress when she was taking their orders. “Hmmmmm, 28 words, that's gonna be difficult but I think I can do it.” Jack had to take a couple of seconds to think about what he was going to say. He held his fingers up to keep count of how many words he said.“I’m from Vegas. Have an annoying twin brother who likes to upstage everyone. Mom and Dad are Doctors that travel. I was sent here as a punishment.” He had counted 27 on his fingers. “I got 27. What about you?” He asked as his coffee had gotten there. He took a sip, Looks like Tatum was right. This mocha was amazing. He would have to thank her when he sees her. He sat there in the comfy chairs that the cafe had. He listened to Juliet as she gave her 28 words. Every now and then taking sips from his coffee.

This went on for a while. Jack talked about growing up in Vegas and the parties that him and his brother would throw. About how his parents would travel to third world countries with doctors without borders. He also talked about how him and his twin brother, Jamie, were hit with drug charges and were sent to Hartfield as a punishment. He listened to Juliet talk. They had spent some time talking about anything and everything. He would order another coffee as soon as he was done.

By the time the sun had set, Jack had about 3 coffee’s. He looked at Juliet. “If we leave now, we will be fashionably late to the beach party.” He said, pulling his phone and looking at the time. He stood up, walked over to the counter and paid for both his and Juliet’s drinks. He held not only the door to the cafe but also to Juliet's car open for her. Now his dad might not have been around, but he did teach Jack to be a gentleman. He hopped in the driver side and pulled out of the parking spot.

Now that Jack had gotten to know Juliet a little better, he was comfortable driving with her. He started driving around for a little bit but ultimately found where the party was. The fire was a little bit of a give away. He pulled up to a parking spot and hopped out. He opened the door for Juliet. They both walked down to the beach. “Looks like they already got the fire going.” He could see bottles. Looks like the party was going to be fun. “Want something to drink?” He asked.

sunnieside sunnieside

Harper Anderson
LiveIllegalHapuka-small.gif

'Don't worry about it.' Harper waved off his excuses, she didn't mind, she knew she could be easy to miss. Harper was quiet, she didn't like to draw attention to herself, even if that meant her closest friends might miss her when she was in a large group. She preferred to fall into the crowd and only say something when it really counted. Plus, she had enjoyed her quiet afternoon by herself, she didn't mind spending it alone. She liked to be in her own thoughts.

Harper just shook her head, laughing ever so slightly at Max seeming completely unrattled by the circumstances of twitter. Harper rarely paid much attention to it, it was hard to keep up with all the chaos and name calling. And honestly, she hated the stress it caused her.

Harper shrugged her shoulders, maybe Max hadn't handled it well.. Even so, she understood his anger, it was well warranted. Ryan was completely out of line and Harper didn't understand how someone could have so much vexed furry at everyone and no one at the same time. 'Please don't push it.' Her smile fell, she didn't really sign exactly what she had meant, she had wanted to say that, she had been trying to tell Max she didn't want him to get hurt. She didn't want him to start something he couldn't finish. She finger spelt the word instigator. That's the word she was looking for.

Harper did not want to see Max get hurt, especially when Ryan seemed to be so enraged and set off by the of smallest things. Yea, Harper would even admit that Ryan deserved to have his ass beat, but she didn't want Max to be the one to do it. 'Can you let someone else do the ass beating instead..' There seemed like there was plenty who wanted to take a shot at Ryan, she really didn't think that it had to be Max. 'I like your face the way it is.' She laughed, trying to lighten the mood without saying that Max would be completely crushed by this guy.

Max seemed to have grown his own furry inside of him, Harper hadn't ever seen such a forward and almost aggressive side to him. But, Ryan had completely dissed and belittled Max's culture which more than likely, he knew nothing about. 'He's a complete dick, and he'll get what's coming to him...'

'I just don't want you to get hurt...'
Harper looked to the ground, she had less than a handful of friends, she would hate for Max to end up in the hospital, she couldn't bare to see him hurt.

Interactions: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Mentions: Dak Dak

MOOD: Reconsidering
interaction ❜ Harper Dazzle Dazzle

MAX BERKOWITZ
"I don't want to see you get hurt." Harper said to him, her two forefingers twisting around each other as she met his eyes with palpable concern.

Max pondered this for a moment, suddenly feeling guilty for worrying her. He personally didn't care much if Ryan concussed him... okay, the more he thought about it, maybe he did. Max's pain tolerance was not incredible and he'd never been a fighter. Ryan would probably kill him. But after all that rat bastard barbarian said, Max felt he deserved to spend the rest of his days in prison for murdering a dorky rich kid.

Max didn't respond right away, shrugging and dusting a bit of sand off his sweater. What should he even tell her? He still planned to do it, but telling her that would make her even more worried. And one couldn't lie. He was so, so bad at that. Even now, the gears were visibly turning in his head, his eyes flicking side to side as his teeth dug into his lower lip. Maybe, if he was lucky, someone else would swing a fist at Ryan. But if they didn't, he felt morally obligated to. After what Ryan had said to those kids, to Tatum, to Liz, and everyone else and especially May... Max couldn't let that slide.

They had exhausted their other options. That little public school kid had reported Ryan to Twitter and landed him a 24-hour ban, which was lifted and Ryan then went right back to antagonizing everyone. Literally everyone had either begged him to stop or threatened him to, or some combination thereof, but Ryan was a relentless bitch. Twitter wouldn't stop him. He wouldn't listen to any of his peers. Max doubted the police were competent enough to do anything about it.

"I understand." He responded vaguely, after a pause long enough for Harper to have gone and made a cup of tea and come back. "...Thank you for worrying about me?" Yikes. Awkward phrasing. He circled his left hand in the air rapidly, trying to think of anything, anything else to say to move on from whatever that was. "I mean... I'll be alright. Ryan's impossible, but at one point someone's going to have to deal with him." Someone. He didn't have to mention that someone included himself.

"Do you want some juice or something? They have to have something other than alcohol somewhere."

code by valen t.

ISABELLA ALEJA EDISON-ROSE

mood: searching/worried + location: beach + outfit: xxx + tags: Dazzle Dazzle Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler LooneyLani LooneyLani lion. lion.

Isa listened to Tatum and nodded. It wasn't her fault that she was sucha chaotic evil. Well it was but it wasn't like she was raised in a nice safe enivorment. She had to fight for everything she have. She had to be there for herself first, without caring about what others thought. It was just the life she was raised in. Now she's in place that she doesn't have to do that but it's hard to get rid of old habits. She has people who cares about her, and loves her. It's just hard for her to deal with the fact that she isn't alone anymore. There's her mum, Tatum, Noemie, even fucking Sunny now. That's a lot, and she's honestly getting overwhelmed. How would you feel if all of sudden you have people there for you, and you aren't alone anymore. It would have you freaking out as well. She knows that Tatum can handle herself.

She just doesn't want her involved. Isa had gotten herself into this mess. It shouldn't be anyone else's burden but hers but Tatum is one person who is stubborn as hell. In the past, she went as far as going behind her back and paying her debts. Even when Isa tells her to stay out of it. That girl has been one of the only reasons she hasn't gone crazy. Tatum is one of her lifelines, along with Noemie. They were her family, one of the first people who wanted her and loved her for her. Who didn't want her to change even when she screws up. Which she does a lot. Tatum's friend pulls up, and she stays silent for the whole ride. The Twitter fight still weighing heavy on her mind. She honestly doesn't value her life as much as her friends do. It wouldn't bother her if she died the next day, but it would bother her friends. For the first time, someone does care if she lives or dies, and that scares the shit out of her. She felt the squeeze on her arm by Tatum making sure that she knew that she wasn't really mad, and she nods as she leaves the car and goes her own way. She had to pick up some fun shit from her supplier. The party will be the best place to work.

--

Some hours later, she was heading back to the beach. Having changed clothes and grabbed her car from her house. Her mum still out at work, and wouldn't be home in quite some time. Luckily she wasn't drinking since she had to watch Max, Noemie, and Tatum. Those three and drinking wasn't the greatest mix which is why she was staying sober. Not to mention that she was working this party so she could earn some money. She drives down to the beach and parks the car. Getting out of the car. The party was of course in full swing already. She smirked as a couple of her regular customers spotted her and made their way to her. Once she gave them what they wanted, she put the money in her pocket. Heading out looking for her friends. She looks for Max, and spots her with her friend. She makes a pact to keeps an eye on her as she was only 15, and drinks more heavily. She then looked for Tatum and Noe, thinking that they were together probably. She walked throughout the party until she spotted Tatum.

Isa sees that Zach was with her, and decided to stay away for now. She looks for Noe, and don't see her. So she goes out searching, grabbing a drink throughout the search. Juice of course. She looks for her other best friend in the crowd.

"Where the fuck are you Noe?" Isa mutters.
coded by natasha.

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

My word, that's a pricy bagel.

Maybe they shouldn't have come here. It was a good bagel, sure, but a pricy one. Vered gave Oliver an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry for making you pay for this." He scratched the back of his head. "I have three bucks I can pitch in, but that's about it." He checked his pockets. More specifically, three bucks and fifty cents. "Good thing nobody actually asked me for ten dollars to move that whale, huh? Hah." Vered nervously stuffed the bagel in his mouth. This was an awkward lunch outing, not that anything bad was happening.

His hot chocolate tasted good, and he was being relatively social on Twitter.

Absolutely NOTHING could go wrong here.

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Panicked
interaction Stu, Vered Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy Dede Dede

OLIVER DREYFUSS

Things had been going fairly well for a good solid ten minutes. Stu turned out to be quite the food critic, but Vered seemed to be enjoying himself and Oliver absolutely could not afford to be picky. This was, after all, way better than the stolen boxes of cereal he stashed in his backpack. It was off to a rough start, but maybe today could still be a good day. He had two friends, up from his previous zero. Together they saved a whale. Oliver almost didn't miss not going to school today.

Still, he was exhausted, and his routine being disrupted had left him even more vulnerable to anxiety than he normally was. After he finished his bagel, not wanting to seem bored or out of place, Oliver started flipping through his phone, watching the goings-on of social media with mild interest. Then someone just had to bring up crabs. Oliver, clueless as ever to the implications of what he was saying, just had to go and publicly out his crippling crustacean phobia, and was then goaded into admitting that this phobia also applied to insects and arachnids. Then someone got the bright idea to taunt him with spider GIFs (the image in question was actually rather amusing, if you weren't a severe arachnophobe, but...)

Oliver made a small, stifled sound of distress and shoved his phone back into his pocket as though it had stung him. He brought a hand to cover his mouth, taking in a ragged breath in a desperate attempt to stay collected, only to gag and begin to hyperventilate. He abandoned the table and ran off to the bathroom. His new friends didn't need to see him freak out and cry over an animated spider graphic on the Internet. Vered texted back a few moments after to check in with him, and a bit later he eventually got himself back together enough to suck it up and return to the table. For the rest of the time until the check came, he was quiet, save for tapping his fingers rapidly against his collarbone.

And come the check did, accompanied by the same cheery employee. Her chipperness was starting to grate a little on Oliver, but he couldn't place a finger on why. Cafes just made him nervous now. He wasn't sure he appreciated how many strangers he had to talk to in order to eat.
An eerie silence fell over the table of three. Oliver, still a little on edge and repeatedly twirling a lock of his hair, looked back at Vered. He was not expecting to lock eyes with the kid, who looked back at him with the same chilling expectation. Oliver flinched.

"I'm sorry for making you pay for this. I have three bucks I can pitch in, but that's about it."

What!? Oh no. Oh. no no no no. Vered thought Oliver was going to pay for this!? Oliver, who lived in a one-bedroom apartment above the drugstore with his siblings and his mother, Oliver who hadn't gotten new clothes or a doctor's appointment or anything like that since his father left, Oliver who basically lived day to day on theft and sheer luck. He was supposed to pay for this? He couldn't believe it. I mean, he did assume Vered would... maybe Vered also lived in poverty and assumed anyone else would have money... after all, that was kind of what Oliver did. Stu's silence indicated he didn't have the funds either.

"Vered, I don't-- I never-- I-- uhhh..." Oliver didn't know how to explain this. He didn't know why people thought the things they did. Had he somehow nonverbally implied he had money? Did he communicate a false aura of wealth? More importantly, why didn't anyone say anything??

Well, maybe there was still hope, if it wasn't that bad. Vered had three dollars--
Oliver glanced down at the amount and almost passed out. Really almost passed out. The color drained from his face, he stopped breathing for a moment and he almost tipped out of his chair. They owed more than any single high-schooler would normally have on their person, and not one of them had anything to spare. Oliver stammered incoherently, squirming in his chair as if being interrogated and held at gunpoint. He couldn't think. He didn't even know where he was right now anymore. This was just another bad nightmare, really. He'd wake up later in his room, probably on the floor, probably starving and cold, with no friends and a day of school ahead of him. Whatever was going on right now just couldn't be real.
code by valen t.

tumblr_inline_o4ez1vhffv1slba3h_500.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby
The cream soda was finally in his grasp—huzzah! And a bowl of popcorn and chocolate-covered pretzels. He could’ve gotten more snacks, but he only had two hands to hold the bowl, which didn’t have much room anymore, and his drink, which he thought was pretty good after taking the first sip.

Colby checked his phone for a bit. He’d promised Tatum that he’d bring the snacks if he found her. He looked around, realizing he lost sight of Maxine. But that’s okay, he thought. Just as long as she doesn’t wander off too far. Just when he thought he probably should’ve asked where Tatum and her friends were right now, Colby managed to stop her blonde head—and her boyfriend’s.

Oh, just great, he thought dryly, but didn’t show how he felt on his face. He was just glad to see another familiar friendly face among the crowd of partygoers and with the sun very much gone for the day. He weaved through the crowd smoothly, shimmy a little dance along the way while passing a few people that were dancing, and without losing a popcorn or pretzel because he was always careful.

“Heyo, Tato, fancy seeing you here,” Colby greeted. He already knew Tatum would be at the party; he just hadn’t been sure if he’d actually find her this soon. “And you, too, Zachary,” he said, greeting him with a small “bro nod”. “Sorry I couldn’t bring the whiskey bottle from the table to here, Zee. I only have two hands to hold my own drink and food, after all. Care for some popcorn?”

He held out the bowl. In a way, Colby was being sincere but also doing a sort of small test to see how Zachary Lee would react to his friendly gesture. After all, Tatum was right there and wanted her friends to get along with each other. It wouldn’t be good form to act hostile to each other in front of her.

Tags: Maxine Dazzle Dazzle , Tatum Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler , Zach lion. lion. , and whoever is also with this group

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_p6l2sdN9iW1vahop7_250.gifv
tenor.gif
HELLO
my name is
Kekoa (plus Harley)
It was mostly Harley’s idea. They wanted Kekoa to participate in life a bit, and also see how long it would take for the schools’ rivalry to ruin it all and have something to write about for their blog later.

Kekoa was disappointed that she couldn’t witness the pilot whale incident. A little after the crack of dawn, she, along with her brother Mathias, had to help Dad remove a tree that had fallen over their driveway overnight. Fortunately, the tree didn’t land on top of the only family car they have. Dad nearly lost a toe while cutting the tree apart. After that job was done, Kekoa spent a few hours in the afternoon taking a nap, because she needed it. Matty was too fueled with coffee and matcha tea to take one.

Shortly after dinner, Harley texted Kekoa that they would pick her up for the beach party. She didn’t get a chance to say yes or no, but she had a feeling Harley wouldn’t accept the latter. She had to convince her parents, insisting that it was just a school social event to celebrate the beach clean-up and the saved whale. 15 minutes later, they allowed her to go, but only if Matty goes with her, too. That’s fine, Kekoa agreed. Her older half-brother needed to get out more and see more people, anyway. Maybe he’d even get to know some of his new Parish Bay classmates! That sounded pretty fun to her. The Alo-Manzano family had been living in this town for 4 years; you’d think Matty would know more people who weren’t just the parents’ friends by now.

When the odd trio arrived at the beach, Kekoa gave her brother certain conditions of her own. She turned to him and said, “Please don’t be the helicopter bro tonight.” Matty gave her a puzzled look. Kekoa rolled her eyes. “You know what I’m talking about! Look, it’s just a simple beach party. I’m not gonna take any drugs or alcohol. The table actually has other non-liquor drinks and food like…”

“I think I see hummus and some of those mini sandwiches from that market on the corner of Main Street,” Harley interjected casually, glancing up from their phone. “I like that market.”

“Food like hummus and mini sandwiches,” Kekoa repeated to her brother, who rolled his eyes at his sister’s cheeky, innocent “I’m trying to sell you a point” smile. She also pointed out that Harley would always be by her side, and her phone was fully charged so they could contact each other with no problem. It didn’t take long for Matty to sigh in reluctant defeat. Kekoa squeaked in success and gave him a short tight hug. Before she and Harley went on their way, Kekoa pushed her ukulele into Matty’s hand.

“Take good care of Polly for me.” Polly was short for Apollo, the name of her ukulele. She was 5 years old when she had it. Don’t judge.

“You promised you’d carry it yourself!” Matty protested. His sister and her friend were already too far for him to return the instrument. Kekoa could only tell him a few excuses before they escaped to the food table—sore from carrying it all the way from home; needed both hands to hold her food and drink; her brother was more responsible than her; and said brother needed it to keep himself busy.

“So, what are we having first?” Kekoa said, her eyes scanning over the table.

Harley was gathering two cups and two bottles of something. They said, “Mimosa.”

“A... what?”

Harley sighed, trying not to roll their eyes. They forgot their BFF was still a 15-year-old child. “A mimosa is a cocktail of champagne and citrus juice mixed together,” they said somewhat slowly as if they were speaking to a small child. Kekoa began to protest them, reminding them that she’d just promised her overprotective brother that she wouldn’t have any alcohol. Harley immediately shushed her and resumed pouring the champagne and orange juice in each cup. “Relax, Koko. It’s not like you’ll get blackout-drunk from one cup. See? I only added a little bit of champagne in yours. I think they only got the cheap champagne, but it’ll do for now. Here, give it a sip. Just think of it as orange soda with a small extra kick. You like orange soda, right?”

True, Kekoa likes orange soda. Her brain was expecting that similar taste as she took her first hesitant sip. She roughly cleared her throat for a moment or two—she definitely tasted that small extra kick. Harley only poured less than 2 ounces of champagne in her cup, though.

Last edited:
Stu
KRvsaT5.gif

Stu wasn’t really paying attention to the conversation Vered and Oliver were having. His eyes had drifted out the window again and he was watching a stray kitten turn into the alley. Maybe its mother was waiting round the corner. Or maybe it didn’t have a mother at all, and all it had left of her was a pencil case, which it then stupidly lost. Stu’s mood hadn’t improved much. His teeth were still sore from trying to bite into one of the nine little bagels they somehow ordered. Vered must have had teeth of steel to be enjoying his meal, or he must have been so hungry that everything in front of him tasted nice. Stu was apparently a more discerning eater. Anybody who knew him knew he was something of a food enthusiast (you’d have to be if you were the school’s official food bank). In his free time, he enjoyed cooking with his dad, Italian, Mexican, Indian, Thai, you name it. Their cooking techniques were so avant garde that they nearly set fire to the house a couple times. The slightly burnt patch on the French kitchen ceiling was a testament to their explosive culinary skills.

Oliver had gone darting off to the bathroom, and Stu was left wondering what on earth just happened. Did he chip a tooth biting into the bagel? Did he choke on it? Stu could swear he saw Oliver’s face turning a little purple before he left, so that latter theory was backed up by empirical evidence. He now traded clueless looks with Vered, who was texting to check up on their vanished member. Should they go after him? Stu was about to get up when he saw Oliver shuffling back to the table.

Stu had many questions. But Oliver was deathly quiet after his return, and it was a silence that Stu knew to respect, because he wouldn’t want to be interrogated when he was in a bad mood himself. And Oliver was clearly in a bad mood.

He didn’t want to stare either. Another cat had emerged from the alley, but it was no mother cat at all. The infamous Mr. Catford was chasing the poor kitten across the street. Stu gasped as a car nearly ran them over. He also nearly suffered a similar fate earlier this morning, so the horror was all very real and relatable. But always he kept Oliver at the corner of his eyes, wondering what was happening to that boy.

‘Maybe we should go,’ he suggested to the group, trying to sound a little more enthusiastic on his part. He couldn’t afford to mope now that Oliver was a brain-wave away from having a seizure.

He took it upon himself to wave the nameless lady over. Someone had to do it. She placed their check down and left again while they took turns looking at their total in quiet disbelief. It was then and there that Stu learnt neither of his two friends (both of whom voted to eat here, remember), actually had any cash on them.

‘. . .This doesn’t even include the tip. We have to tip her too, right?’

Well, Oliver had gone purple again, and there was a real chance that his poor heart was going to give. They would be doing the Sleeping Hedgehog no favours if Oliver dropped dead on their floor. Oliver’s mother might even sue them for the bagel that was lodged in his throat and caused his untimely death. From what he'd heard about Oliver's mother she didn't seem like the forgiving type. Then the owner might even end up in jail!

‘It’s alright, Oliver,’ Stu tried his best to calm Oliver down before they drew the attention of the whole cafe. ‘Don’t worry— I think I’ve got—’

He reached for his backpack to get his wallet out— Oh, right.

It was a worrisome development, and Oliver’s panic attack was proving infectious. Stu looked at the lady again who was busy taking orders at another table. If she came over this whole thing was going to get a hundred times worse, and they would be attending a funeral instead of a party tonight. It was in the midst of this medical emergency that Stu proposed the unthinkable. He leant over the table and whispered to Vered:

‘Maybe we should get him out of here. Like now. . . before—’

Stu cocked his head toward the door. Vered was an intelligent kid who ate maths equations for breakfast. Surely he had arrived at the same conclusion and didn’t need a stupid boy like Stu spelling it out for him!

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

Maxine Rhodes

It was a new record, on how quickly she could lose Colby into a party. Max had just heard him say something about friends, probably making fun of her for having next to none, but she had completely missed the joke if there had been one. Either way, she rolled her eyes, taking another swig from her flask.. Damn, almost gone. Maybe she was getting too comfortable drinking whiskey, it was starting to go down easier than water. She shrugged her shoulders ignoring her inner thoughts.

Maxine walked by the bonfire, noticing that many had begun to gather around, guys and girls were already pairing off for the night. Maxine noticed a couple who had left their bottle of unopened royal crown just sitting, unattended. Without much thought, she quickly swiped it from the obviously distracted couple. Sliding it under her sweatshirt, she made a rather hasty get-away, without drawing much attention to herself.

Once she was far enough away, she began laughing to herself. "Too easy." She shook her head, pulling the bottle out from under the sweatshirt. Maxine turned around rather quickly, accidentally bumping into a long blonde haired beauty. She looked up to find Tatum standing in front of her. "Oh. Sorry." She said rather plainly. "Thanks for the sweats again, totally better than wearing wet jeans the rest of the day."

She looked up to see Colby had returned to her view, figures, the blonde seemed to have a gravity pull around her. "Oh there you are." She smirked, holding her brand new bottle of whiskey to the group. "Look what I found on my adventures." She bit her bottom lip, pretty proud of herself for the literal crown she had found. "I can be the Queen of Hartfield next." She brought the bottle back down to her chest, cracking it open so she could take a swig, swallowing hard. "Now this." she took another sip. "Is how we finish a rescue mission." She winked, Max was ready for a great night.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler lion. lion. 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 LooneyLani LooneyLani

Harper Anderson

Harper just nodded, someone would deal with Ryan, hopefully someone who would be able to beat the sense into him. Harper didn't mean that, she wished that Ryan would get what was coming to him. But, she didn't want to see anyone hurt. Ryan shouldn't treat people the way he did, but, maybe there was something going on that they didn't know about. To cause such rash and undeserved behavior.

Harper wished that there was something she could do about it, but she couldn't fix everyone, she just had to keep telling herself that. All she had to do was keep herself, and her friends, safe. That was the best she could do. She felt for the girl May, trying to be the best person she could, but she was scared for Max, they went to the same school as Ryan, and she was pretty sure if Max put himself in the way of harm, Ryan would take the chance to hurt him.

'Yea.. Just let it be someone else.' She signed, rolling her eyes at Max's lack of promise to keep himself in one piece.

She followed his quick change of conversation. Harper nodded, she had heard there would be non-alcoholic cider from the Tap in town. She had been dying to try this years new fall peach flavor, something other than apples. 'That sounds like a great idea.' Harper took max by the wrist and started to run down the beach, dragging him towards the snack table where all of the drinks and foods had been set up. They needed a change of scenery and to completely drop the topic of Ryan beating everyone's ass.

Harper released Max's wrist and anxiously looked over the taps, she knew one of them had to be the nonalcoholic peach she had heard all about, and they were labeled.. But she also knew that there was an alcoholic peach as well, and didn't want to make the mistake of taking the wrong one. She felt like everyone's eyes were on her, she was a bit stressed that people were judging her for taking so long to just pick, she was worried she was in the way of everyone else, keeping them from getting their own drink. She was sure that they already knew what they wanted too, she was just keeping them waiting.

Quickly Harper just grabbed a solocup and filled up the tap in front of her, if she was wrong it wasn't the end of the world, it was just one cup after all.

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

MOOD: Overwhelmed
interaction ❜ Harper Dazzle Dazzle

MAX BERKOWITZ

Yes. Awkward topic averted. Harper seemed satisfied with his response... at least in Max's eyes it seemed like it (not that he was that socially perceptive). Let it be someone else. With any luck, it would be. Really, Max wasn't itching to get violent. But if he so much as saw Ryan show his face after everything he said, he was absolutely not going to be pacifistic about this. Teenage boy instincts are powerful, after all.

Harper took him by the wrist and broke into a run, dragging Max along after, who tripped over his own feet trying to keep pace. They reached the other side of the bonfire, where the drinks were stockpiled on a table... oh, so that's where the rest of the party was. A mixed crowd of students swirled around aimlessly, pouring drinks and chatting amongst each other. They seemed cheerful enough, from the looks of it; evidently Ryan hadn't arrived to wreak havoc yet. Good. A few minutes, at least, to enjoy the night. The drinks were labeled by flavor and not alcohol content, and there seemed to be a few repeats. Well, hopefully Harper knew what she was doing when she poured herself a cup of peach cider, so Max followed suit.

With each of them having one hand occupied, Max knew that their communication would be a bit impaired, so stayed close to the table so he could set his cup down as needed. He took a tentative sip of his drink. A southerner by birth, he always had a bit of nostalgia for peach. Summer might be over for the year, but peach never went out of season in his opinion.

"So, Harper," he started, using the sign name he'd given her ages ago, "The school: think they'll just send us back to class like nothing happened? We should be compensated for this. Really." He hadn't had this many things to be pissed about in one day since his first day at Hartfield. That was a disaster of epic proportions. But since then, things really hadn't been so bad. He prided himself on a quiet and uneventful existence. Between his small handful of friends, his houseplants and his job at the bookstore, he felt he had everything he could ever hope to have at his age.

But today had been one injustice after another, each new problem that cropped up being worse than the last. He didn't even know where to start with any of this, so he did his best to forget for now. Just for this evening, he tried to create some form of peace and hoped it would last.

code by valen t.

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

Oh fuck. Oh God. Oh fuck.

Why did you even assume Oliver had money? You know his mom's probably a crackhead! Stu also didn't have his bag, and Vered wanted to scold him for not keeping money in his pocket, but he was too busy having a nervous breakdown. Maybe he should call his dad? But dad was probably too busy cleaning the basement. His hands were shaking when Stu insinuated that they should just... leave.

Oliver was pretty okay with the idea of going to prison, but Vered wasn't. He was more or less happy with where he was now, life-wise. He began formulating a plan in his head.

"I'll come back here tomorrow to pay off the bill. I'm- I'm sure they'll understand, but for now we need to make a run for it." Vered remembered all of those tweets about how dine-and-dashing is one of the worst things you can possibly do. What good timing. "On the count of three we're all getting up and getting the heck out of here."

Vered swallowed.

"One," He pushed out his chair, "two," he took a deep breath...

"...three!"

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

“But everytime that I see you these feelings start to bleed through. I'm bleeding out, it's the end now and something starts to creep out.”

The soft beginning of “Song for Me” was bleeding through the earbuds shoved in Sawyer’s ears as she walked around aimlessly. The picnic with Hyacinth had been completely destroyed by needy vultures and their insistence on stealing her happiness and now she was by herself again. At some point after the beach, Sawyer had found herself sitting off the edge of someone’s dock. This may be trespassing but Sawyer had never been one to care much about that. Sawyer Andrews had probably been in everyone’s backyard and half the town's houses by now. She wasn’t a criminal or anything, there just wasn’t much else to do in Parish Point besides breaking and entering and just general mischief on her part. There were summer houses down by the beach about a twenty minute drive from their humble little town and those were the most fun to mess around in. There was no one in them during the winter months and they had hot tubs and other things that Sawyer took advantage of. They really should get better locks on those places, or at least learn how to lock their windows. Sawyer’s less savory activities aside, right now she was just sitting on a random dock with music bouncing around in her brain trying to figure out how to cure the sickly boredom that always seemed to seep into her bones when she was alone. The sunset was quite the sight off the edge of this dock and that kept Sawyer’s mind off how terribly bored she was. At least until the song changed and “Lose It” entered her ears and she was just mad now. Sawyer groaned and leaned back onto the wood of her lonesome dock, now starring up into the still slightly cloudy and now darkening sky. It was still for a moment as Sawyer watched the clouds curl and move slowly across the sky and it wasn’t until the song faded away that Sawyer realized that she had been singing. At that revelation, she jumped up from the dock to the best of her ability with a fucked ankle and chunked a rock with all her strength into the ocean. The rock landed with a solid splash far, far away and the ripples extended far beyond the landing point. It was then that she remembered something about a bonfire. Sawyer grinned, nothing like a good fire to burn the boredom from your skin.

She didn’t bother taking her headphones out as she set off on the short walk toward the spot on the beach where the bonfire was to be. Her walk was lorded over by the sound of The Technicolors singing “Space Cadet” and she was aware of her singing this time. One, two, three. Sawyer began counting her steps as she walked, watching her boots crush the rocky sand below them as she came to her destination. One hundred fifty-six. The song ended and faded into “Sweet FA” and Sawyer’s eyes fell upon a few people mingling about. They found Hyacinth after a few moments of subconsciously searching. One hundred fifty-seven. She stopped when she saw someone else next to Hyacinth and she rolled her eyes. Vultures. Again, her eyes swept the crowd, looking for someone that could keep her distracted until she felt like approaching Hyacinth again. It was a boy with her but Sawyer didn’t know his name, or didn’t remember, and she wasn’t about to interrupt like a weirdo.

“I feel bored tonight. I look to my guitar, she’s shaking her head, she’s shaking her head.”

Sawyer paused her music and pulled her earbuds out as she spotted a familiar face amongst the crowd. Harper Anderson was standing next to Max Berkowitz in front of a line-up of various, most likely spiked, punch dispensers. Sawyer donned a familiar and lopsided grin as she approached, her count of her steps lost as she moved quickly toward the two of them. There was a moment when she hesitated with the action of throwing both her arms around Harper’s waist, but it was gone the second she was close enough. She might’ve squeezed a little too hard, but she wasn’t about to let up.

“Hello, darling. Guess who?” Sawyer snickered in Harper’s ear and sat her chin on her shoulder, letting go of the other girl with one hand to wave at Max. There were two people in this world that Sawyer would be caught being this affectionate with, maybe three but she was basically Sawyer’s little sister she didn’t count. The other was obviously Hyacinth. She’d bite her own hand off before she did something like this to anyone else. She glanced down at the cup in Harper’s hand and grinned, “Drinking this early? Harper, I’m appalled.” Sawyer laughed again.

Sawyer
"Look inside my skull, I'm not thinking at all."
location? Fire time
outfit? That goddamn jacket and beanie
interactions? Dazzle Dazzle Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
any last words?
Music memory
coded by incandescent

“But everytime that I see you these feelings start to bleed through. I'm bleeding out, it's the end now and something starts to creep out.”

The soft beginning of “Song for Me” was bleeding through the earbuds shoved in Sawyer’s ears as she walked around aimlessly. The picnic with Hyacinth had been completely destroyed by needy vultures and their insistence on stealing her happiness and now she was by herself again. At some point after the beach, Sawyer had found herself sitting off the edge of someone’s dock. This may be trespassing but Sawyer had never been one to care much about that. Sawyer Andrews had probably been in everyone’s backyard and half the town's houses by now. She wasn’t a criminal or anything, there just wasn’t much else to do in Parish Point besides breaking and entering and just general mischief on her part. There were summer houses down by the beach about a twenty minute drive from their humble little town and those were the most fun to mess around in. There was no one in them during the winter months and they had hot tubs and other things that Sawyer took advantage of. They really should get better locks on those places, or at least learn how to lock their windows. Sawyer’s less savory activities aside, right now she was just sitting on a random dock with music bouncing around in her brain trying to figure out how to cure the sickly boredom that always seemed to seep into her bones when she was alone. The sunset was quite the sight off the edge of this dock and that kept Sawyer’s mind off how terribly bored she was. At least until the song changed and “Lose It” entered her ears and she was just mad now. Sawyer groaned and leaned back onto the wood of her lonesome dock, now starring up into the still slightly cloudy and now darkening sky. It was still for a moment as Sawyer watched the clouds curl and move slowly across the sky and it wasn’t until the song faded away that Sawyer realized that she had been singing. At that revelation, she jumped up from the dock to the best of her ability with a fucked ankle and chunked a rock with all her strength into the ocean. The rock landed with a solid splash far, far away and the ripples extended far beyond the landing point. It was then that she remembered something about a bonfire. Sawyer grinned, nothing like a good fire to burn the boredom from your skin.

She didn’t bother taking her headphones out as she set off on the short walk toward the spot on the beach where the bonfire was to be. Her walk was lorded over by the sound of The Technicolors singing “Space Cadet” and she was aware of her singing this time. One, two, three. Sawyer began counting her steps as she walked, watching her boots crush the rocky sand below them as she came to her destination. One hundred fifty-six. The song ended and faded into “Sweet FA” and Sawyer’s eyes fell upon a few people mingling about. They found Hyacinth after a few moments of subconsciously searching. One hundred fifty-seven. She stopped when she saw someone else next to Hyacinth and she rolled her eyes. Vultures. Again, her eyes swept the crowd, looking for someone that could keep her distracted until she felt like approaching Hyacinth again. It was a boy with her but Sawyer didn’t know his name, or didn’t remember, and she wasn’t about to interrupt like a weirdo.

“I feel bored tonight. I look to my guitar, she’s shaking her head, she’s shaking her head.”

Sawyer paused her music and pulled her earbuds out as she spotted a familiar face amongst the crowd. Harper Anderson was standing next to Max Berkowitz in front of a line-up of various, most likely spiked, punch dispensers. Sawyer donned a familiar and lopsided grin as she approached, her count of her steps lost as she moved quickly toward the two of them. There was a moment when she hesitated with the action of throwing both her arms around Harper’s waist, but it was gone the second she was close enough. She might’ve squeezed a little too hard, but she wasn’t about to let up.

“Hello, darling. Guess who?” Sawyer snickered in Harper’s ear and sat her chin on her shoulder, letting go of the other girl with one hand to wave at Max. There were two people in this world that Sawyer would be caught being this affectionate with, maybe three but she was basically Sawyer’s little sister she didn’t count. The other was obviously Hyacinth. She’d bite her own hand off before she did something like this to anyone else. She glanced down at the cup in Harper’s hand and grinned, “Drinking this early? Harper, I’m appalled.” Sawyer laughed again.

MOOD: Startled
interaction Stu, Vered Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy Dede Dede

OLIVER DREYFUSS

Who was even still talking?
Everything shifted and spun as if viewed through a kaleidoscope. Oliver slumped over in his chair, buring his face in his hands and praying that everything would just be quiet and go away. He felt Vered's chair scoot back, screeching painfully across the wooden floorboards. Wait, was he getting up? They couldn't leave. They hadn't paid, that wasn't allowed--

Oh, wait.

The realization of what Vered was about to do clicked Oliver out of his dissociation, bringing his eyes up from his hands. Vered was just going to run for it, wasn't he?

This was not the first time Oliver had committed a petty crime. He'd been shoplifting food ever since his father left. With this in mind, he was actually quite savvy on how to best get away with the deed. Vered dashed out on a count of three, but Oliver hung back for an additional count of ten, taking the check and the pen the waitress left and scribbling "sorry!" on the signature line, sliding it back across the table, and swiftly walking out with his head down so it wouldn't be as visible how panicked he still was. They couldn't draw attention or they'd be chased.

Once outside, though, he completely froze up, feeling his heart skip beats and his limbs go numb as he dug his nails into his arms and choked on each shallow breath in. No matter what happened to him, whether or not he lived to see adulthood, he was never fucking doing that again.

After fleeing the scene, the three boys returned to the beach. Oliver half wanted to turn around and go home instead. He'd been receiving death threats from Ryan ever since the sun went down. He genuinely felt he might be safer at home, though he shivered at the thought. Really, how low had the day sunk to have him longing to be with his family?

Something bad was going to happen here.

Oliver hated parties on principle. Alcohol made him sick. Drunk people reminded him too much of his mother to feel safe. Crowds in general were terrifying, so were loud noises. A loud, intoxicated crowd was just asking for him to break down. He stayed for two reasons and two reasons only: free pretzels, and the scraps of confidence he'd gained in the company of his two new friends. More so than his own safety, he had to ensure they were safe. If he left now, he'd be leaving them in danger, which in books was something only cowards and immoral bastards did. He liked to think he was neither. Fearful, perhaps, but not cowardly. That was different... wasn't it?

He stuck close by Stu and Vered, trying to keep an eye on them both as if they were about to be snatched by wolves. He kept running his hands up and down his bruised arms, knees turned inward and weight shifting from foot to foot.

Maybe they'd run into Tatum, one of the private school girls who'd been kind enough to get the boys each a drink. She seemed nice... mostly though, she seemed fearless. She seemed like if Ryan came around, she'd straight-up eat his heart. Admirable, really. Oliver had been overpowered too many times to have that kind of chutzpah. Still, though, he had his trusty switchblade if it came down to it. If that would even be enough.

He turned to ask Stu if he was alright after everything that transpired, but found he couldn't form the words, his throat clamping shut at the mere thought of speech. Damn it. This always happened, didn't it? He supposed he'd just follow along with them until his physical capabilities caught up with his brain. Still, it sort of hurt having things to say and no way to say them.

code by valen t.

tumblr_inline_oo3zbtYiwg1uogu26_250.gifv
Tatum felt an arm drape over her and let her eyes drift up towards Zach, he made her feel safe and happy, even though Isa and Nomi weren’t his biggest fans. She had turned her attention back to Ian who she knew would be leaving because Liz needed him for a bit, though she was still confused by the dark-haired girl. Ian wasn’t hers, though she didn’t really like sharing him as a friend, but he didn’t belong to her she just enjoyed his company. Hearing Zach’s words she couldn’t help but let the smile on her face grow, “I like to keep the spark alive, Golden Boy. I don’t need you getting bored.” She placed a small kiss at the corner of lips, but she didn’t want to ever make Ian feel like a third wheel. Afterall, she had been the third wheel on more than one occasion in her life and it always made her want to avoid spending time with those she considered friends. Her friends were some of the best people in Parish Bay even if they didn’t all go to the same school.

Her phone was still blowing up from the constant stream of Twitter messages and the fact that she had to keep an eye out for one Ryan, who had already been threatening her and in a weird way hitting on her? He made her feel violated without even being around her, but she didn’t want to let it seem like deep inside she was scared, she was scared for herself and for others. She had to keep up her façade of being a badass and she was far from it. She was a scared girl, clinging to the hope that Zach wouldn’t leave her alone tonight.

Her eyes were still hunting for Nomi or Isa as neither of them had joined her yet, but instead she heard one of her nicknames from Colby himself and she gave him a bright smile, “Hey Colby!” He was a good friend and she hoped that him and Zach wouldn’t play the testosterone game and do whatever guys did when they didn’t like each other. Honestly Tatum couldn’t even pinpoint why they didn’t like each other, but she wanted them to at least try and get along. Tatum still had yet to get a drink besides the small flask she had hidden so she pulled it out and took a drink before grabbing some popcorn from Colby. It was lacking chocolate, but it was a party after all, and not everyone liked popcorn with chocolate. “Thanks for the popcorn, snacks are always a nice touch to a party.”

When Tatum reached for more popcorn, she felt her body get pushed forward and turned to see Maxine. She was never sure how the girl felt about her because they hadn’t had much interaction, “It’s fine, too many bodies around sometimes. And no problem about the pants. Don’t worry about getting them back quickly.” It was as if her small group was slowly growing, and she was starting to feel more enclosed than she had expected. She needed more liquor to loosen up and really enjoy the night. Sure, having Zach around was great but every party he always managed to leave her to her own devices and tonight the overwhelming dread was sinking in. Usually she was already drunk before it set in, before she felt enclosed, before she felt like she had no space. Then again, she was Tatum the queen of Hartfield, the girl who knew how to have fun, and apparently in some cases the girl who had too much fun. She was never the girl to show her stress or anxieties to anyone. Not her friends, not her family, and especially not Zach. She just needed a reason to get a real drink, but for now she would smile and wait for her moment.

Interaction(s): lion. lion. 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 Dazzle Dazzle
Mention(s): PenguinFox PenguinFox LooneyLani LooneyLani r e i r e i Dak Dak

AJ BAKER
Interaction: Lemon, Hayden
Outfit: x
Mood: anxious
The blonde let out a small laugh as Lemon leaped to give her a hug, calling her the childhood nickname she'd never been able to get rid of. Anyone else calling her Apple Juice pissed her off, but her best friend was allowed to get away with it because it had become a defining thing in their almost ten year long friendship. Lemon could get away with a lot of things that AJ wouldn't tolerate from anyone else, because she was the oldest and pretty much only friend she had.

"You didn't give me much of a choice." AJ rolled her eyes, though her mouth pulled into the slightest smile as she nudged Lemon gently. Though AJ already knew she wasn't going to enjoy this party, she knew that Lemon was just doing what she thought was best by dragging her more introverted friend out of her shell. Lemon had always been the friendlier of the two, she'd been forcing AJ to socialize since they were in elementary school. Once Lemon's almost tangible excitement had calmed down, she turned to look at the boy her best friend had introduced her to, her cool gaze appraising him and trying to decide why Lemon was so excited about him.

"Do you have rocks for brains?" AJ asked point blank, knowing that Lemon would scold her for insulting her new friend but not particularly caring. Who in their right mind would name their kid Apple Juice? The Baker's weren't the world's best parents, but they didn't hate their kids that much.

"AJ is short for Andromeda Jade, not a toddler drink." She scoffed, crossing her arms defensively across her chest and turning to look at Lemon pointedly. She had only come to this stupid party for Lemon, she wasn't going to waste an evening talking to some idiot who thought her name was Apple Juice.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Lit
interaction ❜ Tatum Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

this scrolls too btw just in case the text overflows

IVY DAWKINS

Ivy left the beach with Evie, spending the next few hours rampaging around town and splitting a few bottles of whatever cheap fruity shit they could lift from the liquor store, until she was swerving and tumbling on her skates on the way back. It had been too long since she'd had a fun time out, and she had a lot of catching up to do. This would be one her liver would remember.

She unbuckled her skates and shoved them in her bag along with her socks, choosing to walk barefoot on the beach. Hopefully none of those dumbasses broke any glass. Bleeding out on the beach was only fun on her terms. The bonfire was already roaring and most of the kids had flocked around the drink and snack table like flies to honey. Ivy was already seeing pink elephants, but sidled her was up anyway, nudging her way past a gaggle of private school kids (recognizing only Tater Tot), and pouring herself a shot of tequila, raising the cup in Tatum's direction.

"Tonight," She declared gleefully, more than loud enough to be heard amongst the whole group, "will be a bloodbath. Toast to those of us who don't make it to 5 AM." She knocked back her shot, slamming the cup back on the table. "Who's been keeping tally of the death threats? We can't all kill Ryan. He's not the sharing type. " She laughed maniacally, already pouring a new shot. Had Evie followed her up here? Maybe. Ivy didn't check. "Gooood, all you kids are so tall these days. You all look like some Tim Burton claymation characters. You look like if someone stretched a regular person out in photoshop."

code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back