• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: jelly? lol?

OUTFIT: -

basics
MENTIONS:
@alot Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Dazzle Dazzle

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

“I don’t need you getting bored,” says his favorite blonde, brashly unknowing how amiss her silky words were. Tatum Browne- what ever were you thinking? With such risky verve that it could be taken for a tease, she faintly swept her lips against his. His sandy eyelashes flittered. Haltingly, the bonfire and people suddenly blemished, dilating to orbs of hypothetical colors. Her lips had been velvety, a class of beige richness that lived in the era of old money. No wonder it had been quick as to only spare a moment’s time. The reggae of tropical music slowly drifted back, and he lazily let his arms find her waist.

Colby Katzan might’ve been a nobody in his small world, but he was somebody to Tatum Browne. That singularity made Colby Katzen deadly. His egalitarian smile was brilliant like evergreen, yet Zachary Lee couldn't find that easiness to return one back. His mind was preoccupied; if Zachary Lee was the forethought, what made him her afterthought? He hadn’t forgotten that they had fought this morning over him. Faraway, Lee felt, when they greeted, as if he were intervening. Loosely, he untangled himself from his girlfriend.

Standing separate now, Zach tried to make the effort to not ignore Colby.

“Do I care for some popcorn?” Zachary Lee reiterated when he was offered, tone swinging to coy, “Of course I do.” Showing no remorse, he plucked the entire bowl of popcorn from his new friend’s hands.

He hated popcorn.

Still, he forced himself to disinterestedly chew on a couple, make-believe in all his amicability. The zest of butter and salt dissolved on his tongue while he took a brisk glance at the strip of sand before the ocean. The coast’s silhouettes were gaining in number. Nearby, wasted Ivy yelled about Ryan. Zachary Lee, thereupon, subconsciously found himself looking among the small crowd that has grown around him, identifying among many: Maxine Rhodes, Juliet and Jack. There was no sign of Ryan.

What went wrong in the next couple seconds must’ve had to do with Noemie Calvet. The rush of air suddenly took an elementary scheme of electrification, and he found his very blue pools brawl with laguna greens.

“Is your neck okay?” He smirkingly inquires, crooking his head, “I know I’m attractive to look at, but you might just end up drooling and spilling those drinks.”

code by valen t.

tumblr_inline_o4ez1vhffv1slba3h_500.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby
And there goes his popcorn. Great.

Honestly, he wasn’t surprised that Zach would pull a dick move by stealing his popcorn bowl, but at least Tatum liked it. Colby wasn’t going to complain. “Can’t be a real party without some snacks. Otherwise, it would just be me,” he said with a cheeky smile. No, he was not flirting whatsoever. It was just a dumb joke to make it sound like he was boosting his ego.

When someone loudly mentioned Ryan, Colby glanced around, almost alarmingly, and casually slipped his free hand (thanks to Zach kindly holding his food) in his pants side pocket, curling his fingers around his brass knuckles. But he noticed it was just a dumb false alarm and forced himself to relax.

However, he also noticed Tatum seemed less relaxed than he was. It wasn’t obvious, but he could tell from the micro-expressions in her eyes that she was feeling kind of tense or uncomfortable. Who could blame her? There were, like, so many people gathering around them now, even though there was plenty of space on the beach. Anyone would feel a bit claustrophobic. Colby would, too.

“Yeah, too many bodies,” he mumbled in agreement. When he glanced at his cup, an idea pinged in his head. “I’m gonna go get some more food. And another drink.” With that last statement, Colby emptied his cup in three or four gulps. “Y’know, you look a bit parched there, Zee. You can come with me to the food table, too! I’ll help you pick out a drink. BRB in a minute or two, Tato.” Without waiting for a response, Colby plucked the popcorn bowl out of his hand, placed it in Tatum’s, and wrapped his muscled arm around Zach’s shoulders like he was his best bro, and dragged him away from the group.

“Oh man, I almost felt claustrophobic there,” Colby sighed in relief when they made it to the drink table. After letting go of Zach, he tossed a new cup at him and began inspecting the bottles to search for his next choice. “If you’re worried about being away from Tatum, you don’t have to worry. She’s got more good friends around her to keep her safe from that clown.” He didn’t say Ryan by name, but Colby was sure he and Zach both agreed that that guy was the worst in this town.

Tags: Maxine Dazzle Dazzle , Tatum Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler , Zach lion. lion. , and whoever is also with this group

Last edited:
mood
overwhelmed n sleepy

outfit
party outfit

tags
Dak Dak Jack
juliet everett
The world was becoming slower and there was so many things happening around Juliet. Drunk teens groggily bumped into each other, there was some yelling and laughing in the background, and she realized her stomach was growling. Juliet needed food. Instead of asking somebody for food, she tweeted that she was hungry. Juliet hoped that she had correct spelling and grammar, she probably did. Even though the world was spinning, she could type right... right? The drunk girl realized that Jack stopped holding her hand to let her know that he would be getting her food. Her heart started beating a bit faster. Everything was spinning, whose hand is she going to hold? Before she realized it, Jack was already gone. She began tearing up. TatorTot seemed like she didn't hear her, more people Juliet barely knew gathered around but probably didn't want anything to do with her, so many things were happening around her. It was so overwhelming. She rubbed her eyes, Geez... am I this drunk? God, I'm such a weenie.

She tried to steady her breath and scanned the area to find somewhere to sit. Juliet could sit near the bonfire or she could sit by the shore. It was a matter of, should she sit where it is warm or should she sit where it is cold? Maybe she should sit near the shore, maybe being cold and damp from the sand and sea would help her calm down. Juliet wobbled towards the shore while bumping into a couple of people along the way. Luckily, the teens were too drunk to realize Juliet had bumped into them anyways. She plopped on a random spot next to the shore and laid down.

The sounds of laughing teens and music seemed to be muffled as she stared at the big full moon. The sky was clear and the stars were bright, it felt like she was melting into the sand as she stared into the skies. Her eyes grew heavy and her head became light. If she could sleep out here, she would. Maybe the stars would sing her to sleep or dance around her and fly her to another world where she felt like she belonged somewhere. Maybe she would find a family that wouldn't be bored of her. That would appreciate what they have. Juliet could have an easier time making friends with the stars in the sky than down here on earth. Juliet wouldn't be overthinking about the stars like she would humans. Stars probably don't lie to her.

Before Juliet closed her eyes, she heard some footsteps behind her. She slowly sat up with wet sand in her hair and fur coat. Dang, my outfit is ruined again. The drunk girl slowly turned her head to see Jack offering her snacks. Her cheeks grew more pink, hopefully Jack would assume it's the Asian glow rather than her being flattered. "Thank..you.." she murmured as she grabbed the bag of Chips Ahoy! As she chomped on her cookies, she started to feel better. Maybe she was becoming a little bit more sober, but Juliet began regretting some of the decisions she made tonight. Juliet mumbled, "I..I'm sorry... for holding your hand... and being drunk.. and making you take care of me.. I told myself I wouldn't drink too much to make you not take care of me..! But here you are even though we just met today.. oh and sorry for dragging you everywhere too..."

Gosh, I'm kinda depressing and sleepy when I'm drunk.
coded by reveriee

Last edited:

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

Half a bottle of bourbon turned Wendy's brain into a fucking circus. She would be pressed to rub two brain cells together and connect any coherent thought. But she did have a mission. A promise, she might say.

After catching a few fish bare-handed and flashing an acquaintance or two, she was given a task to... take care of some kid named Mack? And to like, walk him to Liz's car. What they'd possibly failed to consider was that Wendy was significantly more drunk than Max was, and sure, she'd been drunk before, but that didn't make her any less disastrous. If anything, she was infamous for her drunken shenanigans. So when she came staggering over to Sawyer, Harper and Max, they should've honestly taken it as a warning, and not a sign of help.

"Suhh!" She slurred, looking as if her head was too heavy for the rest of her body. "'m here to take Mattie to Lizzie's car so he c'n stop screamin' fuck-o on Twitter dot com." She looked sloppy, with wet mascara that sloughed off of her face due to all of the salt water she stood in earlier. "Lessgo, kiddo, L-E-T-S-G-O. Sawyer, you get your hair did? I like it."

What a weirdo.

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Dizzy
interaction ❜ Harper, Sawyer, Wendy Dazzle Dazzle KingofAesir KingofAesir Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

MAX BERKOWITZ

Max sighed bitterly as Harper apologized and stopped interpreting for him. Whatever the two girls were saying now, he wasn't even nominally allowed to be aware of it anymore. Max absolutely hated that people felt empowered to censor his knowledge in a way they couldn't do to hearing people. It was stupid. And as much as he loved Harper, it ticked him off.
Fine. It'd be just like he wasn't there.

Max shrank back toward the table, sipping back the last of his second cup of peach cider. Eventually Harper would remember he was there or something. The effects of forgetting to eat the entire day were starting to become more apparent: it seemed to settle oddly on an empty stomach, bringing a flash of heat to his face and throat. He felt dizzy all of a sudden, though he supposed it was what he deserved for messing with his blood sugar. He couldn't let his family find out he'd made himself sick on ignorance or else they'd never leave him to his own devices again. There would be sticky notes covering every surface in the house, and text messages reminding him to take basic care of himself every 10 minutes. He'd never be able to leave the house again without a checklist. Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but his parents cared for him very much even if their busy work schedules left him home alone for most of the day. They wouldn't want him to be crashing like this.

This is when Harper turned to him for the first time in several minutes, apologizing again. What? What was she sorry for now? Did she feel bad for leaving him out like that earlier? Well, Max was more than ready to forgive her for that. "It's really not a problem--" He started, but Harper wasn't finished. She pointed to their empty cups. Alcoholic.

Max made a face, dropping his cup back down on the table. "No. No way. I feel fine. You look fine. It's fine. No way." Max's sharp hand movements started to pick up in pace, his eyes flashing with disbelief. He couldn't be drunk right now. It wasn't possible. There was no way he was drunk on a beach in the dark with a bunch of people that he only knew maybe 6 of and only half of those people used the same language as him. That would be crazy. His parents would murder him, and justifiably so.

Somehow, though he was still vehemently denying it, his longtime friend and honorary older sister Isa had quickly caught onto his delirious state. She and Madi kept snapping messages at him on social media threatening to take his car keys. What!? He needed those! How else was he going to get home? He couldn't ride with someone else; he got violently motion sick even when he wasn't already dizzy. It took a bit of back-and-forth for him to relent and agree to stay with a few friends overnight.

The lightheadedness was not wearing off. He felt really bad. People kept telling him to sit down, but all of a sudden Liz logged off Twitter and for some reason Max was inexplicably deeply shaken by this. He turned back and told Harper he'd be heading off to find Liz, but she must have told Sawyer something because as soon as he started to back off he was caught by the arm. Max valiantly tried to tug himself away, only managing to lose his balance and simply pitch forward, still clutched firmly. Sawyer's fingers almost wrapped all the way around Max's upper arm... yikes, he really needed to eat more or work out or something. She was older than him and considerably stronger, even on her sprained ankle, but it was still kind of embarrassing.

Trapped in Sawyer's vise-like grip, he used his free hand to stay logged into Twitter as it wasn't like he could really make himself understood in person right now. He could speak, but with all the brain for he wasn't sure if it would even sound like words. He wouldn't be able to tell. So Twitter it was... the mayor decided to check in on the kids and Max almost smashed his fingers right through his phone screen in fury, calling her every name he could think of for what she's done to the schools, the community, the local ecosystem... Max would blame the weather on her at this point. If he broke his arm, he'd curse Mayor Flint.

He didn't realize she lived so close by. He was going to do something very bad to her property. Throw all the trash from the beach into her yard. Cut her tires. Puke in her mailbox.
But all that had to wait until he found Liz. His personal war against the mayor was simply not as important.

Sawyer finally let go of his arm so Max could stumble away a few paces, wandering aimlessly in the wrong direction towards the ocean before managing to steer himself back around, weaving left and right like a hamster on a tricycle before hitting a loose patch in the sand and collapsing on his face. It took him quite a while to pull himself up, feeling his knees buckle and give in, sending him slumping back down several times before he dragged himself to his feet, leaning against the drink table with an ashen, nauseated look on his face. He found himself sucking in a shallow breath through his teeth and willing himself not to throw up on his favorite sweater.

Finally, the blue-haired sophomore showed up, somehow even less steady in her gait than Max who could barely stay upright. She looked drunk. See? Max wasn't drunk. He was fine. Just a little hypoglycemic. He just needed to eat something and he'd be just fine, wouldn't he? Damn it, he knew better. He was absolutely hammered and in big trouble if anyone found out.

Whatever Wendy was saying... was that to him? He gave her a blank look, tilting his head to the side and propping his elbow on the table. Hopefully someone was going to explain, because he seriously couldn't remember the part of the Twitter debacle that would explain why she was here. He just needed to get his bearings and go find Liz, hopefully without falling over.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Being grossed tf out.

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Ivy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

INT: Stu Dede Dede

tags
TL;DR Evie's yelling at Stu for not using a bathroom.
tl;dr
Genevieve
When you see my face, I hope it gives you hell.

Maybe Evie wasn't as high as she thought.

Maybe she just didn't smoke enough to actually... stay high. Ivy's little smoke thingy was absurd, a defect, a fluke. Whatever it was it made Evie feel something for all around five minutes. Incredibly boring, really. The two went to the Hedgehog café where Evie settled for a few dozen cookies, pastries-- hot chocolate. It would've been way more enjoying with someone else besides Ivy, but whatever the case was.

Maybe Satan wasn't so bad. Doesn't mean she's about to convert to that religion just yet though. No thank you. The brunette walked along the beach, away from the party-goers. She didn't wanna go home just yet, but she didn't really have anyone to hang out with at the party either. So... she was just roaming around. Much to her dismay-- and surprise, she'd caught a glimpse of non-other than the trash nugget himself farther away, just... kinda chillin, facing towards the tree.

Evie rolled her eyes, coming to a stop. Did he actually come out this far to look for that pencil case thing?

"I'm more than sure you're not gonna find--"

Oh my god, was he fucking peeing?

"Gross! What the fuckin' hell? There's a bathroom back there." She spun on her heels, shielding her eyes and pointing towards one of those stationary bathroom things. There was a reason they had things like this, how can someone go on and on about saving the whales and the next deciding to take a leak on a public beach.

Why were boys born to be utterly disgusting?

code by valen t.

Maxine Rhodes

Maxine rolled her eyes as the stupid macho boys fought over popcorn. The fact that these boys' testosterone was raging like they were fighting in medieval times for the hand of the princess, was just ridiculous. Popcorn wasn't even that good, especially if it wasn't cheesy, or the stale movie quality stuff, it just wasn't worth it.

Before she could interject, and tell the boys to go measure their dick sizes somewhere else, Colby had already taken the chance to drag them away himself. "Finally that's over." She scoffed, tucking her hair behind her ear. Despite being best friends with Colby, she still thought he was an actual buffoon, that probably had a death wish of some sort. After all the illegal car racing, and now fighting with Ryan, and fawning after a blonde that was way out of his league. Though he'd never admit it, Max knew he liked a challenge.

Noemi had joined them not too long ago, drinks in hand. Handing one specifically to Maxine, her smile softened as she was given the drink, though Maxine was surprised that the senior had sought her out in the first place. She wasn't exactly part of the incrowd, and probably wouldn't have ended up where she was, hanging out with the 'populars' from HA, if she hadn't literally bumped into the queen. Granted, Colby seemed to be fitting in with that crowd, so Maxine figured she might as well try her best to get along, otherwise she'd be a complete outcast like Ryan.

Maxine had given Noemi a teasing look as she took the drink from her. "Now that its just us girls." Maxine raised the drink to her links, she tipped her head back finishing the drink in only a few gulps. Was it healthy? Probably not, but she was here for a good time, not a long time. Plus if drugs hadn't killed her mom yet, Maxine was sure that alcohol would do little to no damage to her.

"I think.." She thought for a moment, meeting Tatum and Noemi's eyes, Maxine's lingering on the brunette just a little too long. "Shots were mentioned?" She nodded her head in the direction of the drink table. That some how, happened to be on the other side of the bonfire, away from the snacks and the direction the boys had gone.

Maxine took a hold of the brunette's hand, with a sly smile upon her face she laced her fingers through Noemi's, dragging the girl towards the table of liquor. Knowing that Tatum would willingly follow at the mention of shots.

Maxine released Noemi's hand as Max took three plastic cups out, placing them along the table. She gave each girl a generous pour from the crown royal bottle she had nicked from some unsuspecting couple. "To a night we might forget, but always remember." Maxine passed the cups out to the other two girls, raising the glass above her head, cheersing it with the other two, before letting the drink touch her lips. The liquid went down her throat too easily, and too quickly, already ready for another shot. Maybe she should of slowed down, just for a bit at least, make the night last just a bit longer. Or maybe she just needed to live while she was young.

Interactions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler LooneyLani LooneyLani Mentions: 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 lion. lion. @idkiftheresmoreofyouimsorry​

Jack Hamilton

Jack had pulled out his phone. He had wondered what was keeping Jamie. He had loved his brother, but sometimes it had really pissed him off how little his brother had cared sometimes. He shot his brother a text. “Dude, What the fuck you need to get here like pronto. We gotta confuse the fuck out of these people.”

As Juliet had turned from happy to sad, Jack stopped her thinking. “Nope, I’m not having this. You’re not allowed to be in a bad or sad mood when I’m around. So whatever you’re thinking about dragging me around, or even having me hold your hand… Put that out of your mind.” He brushed some of the sand out of her hair and from her outfit. “Besides I like holding your hand.” He said, smiling at the girl. “Besides I’m here for a good time. So how about you stop being a sad weenie and raise your head…” He said, offering her a hand. Jack really did hate it when people were an emotional drunk. It was one of the few things he hated about drinking. He hates being sad, so he didn’t want anyone to feel sad around him. That’s why he would throw parties, and have so much fun.

Jack took her hand and slowly walked her out to the edge of the gathering of people. “Now let’s turn that frown upside down and unfluster you. Maybe try and sober you up just a little bit. Not too much because I want you to relax and have a good time, but I don’t want you to be a sobbing weenie.” Thinking about it, Jack never really had said weenie that many times, now he had said it at least times.

sunnieside sunnieside (Sorry it's so short. I'm like fading inbetween sleep and not)

Hayden Anderson

Hayden bore a smile that rather looked like he was absent from the current conversation. Hayden let the girls catch up, just enjoying the warmth of fire on his back, till Apple Juice scoffed at him. Hayden had made a mistake, her name in fact was not Apple Juice, but Andromeda Jade, or AJ. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well" He laughed lightly trying to soften the mood that he had created. "You can understand my confusion." He dropped his hand to his side, shrugging his shoulders up to his ears. "I mean, your best friend is named Lemon."

"Who would name their kid Andromeda? That's a mouth full, and isn't that the name of one of the Black sisters from Harry Potter?"

"Are your parents big Potter-Heads." Hayden raised his eyebrows, a bright smile grew across his lips. He hadn't meant to call Andromeda by the wrong name, it had truly been a honest mistake at the end of the day. "I don't know about you, Dromeda, but Apple Juice is pretty great." He raised an eyebrow. "Even for people above the age of 3." He laughed lightly, bumping his elbow into AJ. They might of gotten off on the wrong foot, but Hayden wanted to be able to turn it around, he liked being surrounded by people, it made him feel less lonely.

It wasn't long before Lemon suggested getting drinks, Hayden thought it was a great idea, that a drink would lighten the mood and maybe take the edge off of AJ and all of her personality. But, he quickly realized that Lemon wasn't suggesting they all go. Lemon was leaving Hayden with AJ, who had the looks like Medusa, beautifully terrifying, and probably could turn you into stone with a death glare.

Hayden was regretting referencing her name to Harry Potter... He was now alone with AJ, and he was thinking he might just never be seen again.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler a z u l a a z u l a

Madi Lexington-Montgomery
A Madi Gif 11.gif

Finally, she had made it to the beach. Madeleine should've have been at the beach all day to help with the storm clean up but things had not gone to plan and it all started with the batteries running out in her alarm. That meant that she had overslept and therefore missed the school's bus into town with a lot of the other boarders at which point her big brothers decided they would take her down when they drove with their senior buddies. Senior boys at a private school and a beach clean up, not exactly things that go together and Madi was kicking herself for not seeing the obvious from the beginning.

So, instead of heading straight down to the coastline like they were supposed to, the senior boys took their SUVs and Jeeps on the scenic route that involved alcohol, food, a disused quarry and took all day. One thing to be said for her brothers is that they always let her do stuff with them and their friends, she became everyone's little sister and the list of people who would protect her just kept growing. I mean, it also probably helps that the little blonde is a cheerleader if we're being honest. What football jock doesn't want to hang out with a cheerleader after all.

Now, after the clean up was long since over and the after party was in full swing, the senior crew and Madi finally rolled in. Looking around, she decided to head towards the bonfire and see if she ran into anyone on the way there.

Interactions: Open​

tumblr_inline_oo3zbq3MBB1uogu26_250.gifv
It may not have seemed like much, but Tatum knew Zach better than most anyone else and she knew him taking the bowl was some kind of power move that she couldn’t quite understand. Zach had nothing to worry about she was with him and she only wanted to be with him, if she had wanted to leave him, she had a chance right before summer ended at a party but she chose to stay with him because he meant everything to her. With everyone surrounding her and forming a group Tatum couldn’t help but feel stressed until she felt a small body slam against her. Noemie. The girl was a blessing, an angel, and she came bearing alcohol, something that was much needed with the nerves and stress Tatum was beginning to feel. She added a little extra alcohol to hers before taking a sip “Thanks love,” she gave a small smile towards her soulmate. She had for a brief moment saw a girl bombard her way in to introduce herself as Juliet, but her mind was wandering away to her stresses and why she was being surrounded.
Tatum was ready to break away from the group when Juliet had disappeared due to hunger, and the boy went to do whatever boys do when they want to be macho. That brought the group to three and Tatum finally felt like she could breathe, she felt like she didn’t have to act so happy about being popular. Because, being popular sucked, everyone wanted to talk, hang out, act all friendly, when most wanted to find some dirt to gain some stupid advantage. Sure, being popular was nice, but the negatives outweighed the positives in more ways than none.

Talking and socializing had never been strong points in a large group setting and Tatum still had said almost nothing to either of the girls, but then Maxine mentioned shots and pulled Nomi behind her, and Tatum followed behind closely. She finished her drinks in only a few more gulps before she was with her girls? Was Maxine really part of her group? Maxine was cool but did she want to be part of the chaos that was Tatum and Noemie? As the shot was placed in front of her Tatum had no hesitation after the toast before the burning liquor went down, “Keep em’ coming Maxi!” Tatum needed to be drunk, needed to feel nothing but pure bliss, especially for what she had planned for the night. Tatum poured her next couple shots taking them one after another with no hesitation.
Afterall, being who she was, it was expected for her to get drunk.

Dazzle Dazzle LooneyLani LooneyLani

tumblr_prnub7BMno1uv2r1mo1_r1_400.gifv

It wasn't long before backup arrived for Ian, but it definitely wasn't the kind of help he was expecting. The girl that appeared before him was a fair bit shorter than him and, based on his interactions over twitter, sweet as sugar. Her smile was bright and eager and she practically bounced on her heels when she spoke. She introduced herself as Lemon, which he felt like most people would consider weird, but coming from the west coast strange names never really phased Ian. "I did indeed call for help." he said trying his best to match the brightness of the blonde's smile. "I'm Ian, but most people call me..." he paused for effect before shrugging and shooting her a goofy grin. "...Ian."

Ian took a moment to size up Lemon. He felt a little bad that she was going to be lifting the keg with him but at the same time she did volunteer. That thought coupled with the fact that he didn't want to underestimate her caused him to shrug. Worse case scenario was that he had to most of the lifting, but as long as he didn't have to do all of it he was fine.

Once the smaller blonde was ready on her end Ian gave a countdown and together they lifted the keg. There was definitely an angle to it but whether that was just due to the height difference or a strength difference was unclear. The pair finally managed to get the keg to it's final destination with the rest of the drinks and Ian let out a sigh. He glanced down at the two kegs before looking back to Lemon. "They aren't really labeled, so I wouldn't recommend drinking from one of them if you're not trying to drink alcohol tonight." he gave a look around and leaned in closer, hushing his tone. "Between you and me, I'm not entirely sure they're not just both alcoholic. Don't tell Liz I said that though. She'd kick my ass." he said with a small chuckle.

Not really minding which keg he drew from, Ian filled a cup and took a few gulps. "So why offer to help a stranger over the internet? Weren't you ever taught not to talk to strangers?" he said to Lemon jokingly. "Not that I'm not grateful for the assistance, just curious as to the motivations of my knight in shining armor..." a joking grin rose to his face. "..or is it knight in shining peel?" he joked in reference to her name.

Tatum's message flashed in Ian's mind, and he felt his face get a little hot. What he just said wasn't flirtatious right? It was just a silly, harmless joke. Not that Lemon wasn't pretty, he just wasn't actively trying to flirt with her. Damn it Tay... was all he could think. The harmless teasing she had done was now messing with his head. Just because he was talking to a pretty girl didn't mean he was interested or flirting. His dark brown gaze flicked to the ocean, half to hide any possible embarrassment written on his face, and half to check if there was anyone in the water. While he wasn't entirely serious about being on lifeguard duty tonight, he did feel a small amount of responsibility to at the very least be on the lookout. Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Sitting on the hood of her car Liz took another swig from her bourbon bottle. She didn't really feel like going down and mingling with other people, especially with the possibility of running into Nomi. Things felt awkward and she had no idea where she stood with her ex, let alone her own feelings. Instead the Bishop girl merely watched from her vantage point and scrolled through twitter. It was all the usual until she got a phone call. Her eyebrows furrowed at the caller id. Riley. Liz thought that Meg would be calling, seeing as she was the eldest and by default in charge. Liz answered her phone hesitantly. Her stomach clenched as she squeaked out a "Hey..."

The phone call lasted only a minute or so but it felt like centuries. It didn't even properly end, the phone just slipped from Liz's hand out of shock. For a long time, she stared out into the ocean blankly, waves lapping in her eyes mirroring the ones on the shore. She blinked a few times and looked down at the bottle in her other hand. There was about a third left, but she intended on fixing that. In the next few moments the contents of the bottle were emptied into her stomach, burning her throat on the way down. It was the only feeling she had in that moment. Once it was empty she threw it as far as she could and watched it spiral onto the beach, landing with a thump in the sand.

After logging back in to twitter she pretended to be fine, she hated people worrying about her; with worry usually came pity, and pity was the worst. Despite her best efforts Max was insistent on coming to find her. Why, she had no idea. Her vision blurred as she typed out a message to Clark. While she loved Josie dearly, she'd feel too guilty to put this on her. The younger girl was too sweet and innocent, but Liz desperately wanted someone, anyone who remotely cared about her.

It wasn't long before Liz's old friend showed up. She was slow to look over at Clark as he approached. His smile brought her some comfort, but her expression remained that of someone who had just lost everything in a fire. "Thanks for coming..." her voice was hoarse and cracked at the end. The lump in her throat swelled. Gingerly Liz took the drawing that Clark's sister made. The faintest of smiles was drawn from her depths. "She's adorable, I love it. Tell her I love rainbows, and thank her." She folded it up and carefully put it into her pocket, she wanted to keep that small ray of sunshine close.

When Clark asked why they were at Liz's car she nearly lost it. "I can't be down there right now...Clark my mom..." Her gaze met his and her lip trembled. "Riley called..." her voice broke again. "...mom's cancer isn't responding to treatment anymore..." a single tear streaked down her cheek. She turned her head away from him and quickly wiped away the treacherous liquid. Liz Bishop didn't cry, Liz Bishop was a tough, heartless, badass. She brought her knees up to her chest and hugged her legs tightly, burying her face into herself. Liz Bishop's heart felt like it was shattering. Her mom was the most important person in her life. Even when Liz was being the worst daughter Mrs. Bishop was still her biggest support. She defended her daughter no matter what and Liz wasn't closer with any other person on earth.

Liz tried to distract herself by going on twitter only to have Zach make a smart ass comment about her and Nomi, so she logged off again. If he wasn't dating Tatum she'd drag him by his stupid hair down the pier and throw him off, but Liz had respect for Tatum so she'd have to settle for threatening the jerk over twitter. It did little to soothe the pain, and now rage that filled her chest. It all felt so unfair. Her mother was a good woman, she did everything for her kids, and this was how the universe repaid her?!

The persona that Liz had built up over the years melted away in front of Clark. The usual sass and snark that emanated from her was now replaced with fear and uncertainty. No longer was she the badass she wanted everyone to think she was, she was just a scared little girl. Her breaths were shaky as she finally managed to look back at her friend. "What am I going to do if...or when..." she trailed off unable to finish the sentence. Her eyes filled with water again. She hoped that no one besides Clark, or the drunken Max who wouldn't remember anyway, would see her like this. That was about the only thing Liz could think of that would make this day worse. KingofAesir KingofAesir Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Mentions: lion. lion. LooneyLani LooneyLani Soap Soap

ISABELLA ALEJA EDISON-ROSE

mood: talking and calm + location: beach + outfit: xxx + tags: Soap Soap Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Dazzle Dazzle Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler LooneyLani LooneyLani

Isa just laughed at how increiablely nerdy that whole thing was but to be truthful she was a nerd. Not many people knew about her secret stash of Harry Potter books and movies or her gaming cave that she had set up at her home. Tatum, Noemie, Maxine, and Max was the only few that knew her like that. They were the only ones who really cared enough to get to know her like that. Her mom yea, but she doesn't count. Tatum was her first friend, from the middle school years, she was there to take care of her, to make sure that she knew that Isa wasn't alone in this cold dark world. Noemie soon followed, and after since then they've been the three musketeers. Even though, Isa knows that they hide stuff from her, simply for the fact that she might kill someone but also cause they know that she has a lot on her plate right now. She honestly wish they wouldn't. Isa wanted to help them as they helped her. They were the only good things in her life, they were her family.

Isa listened to Sunny as she checked her phone which was buzzing. Oh fucking shit, Max, her little rebel brother, was drunk. Max wasn't her biologically her brother of course, they became like siblings because of their parents being close friends. She had no choice but to watch out for the little idiot. He's the one she goes to, to just chill, and hang out without judgement. A simple time really. She glanced at the party, seeing if she could spot him. She couldn't. Isa debated leaving the conversation she was having with Sunny and going to get him but...she didn't really want to plus Liz said she could handle it. Wendy....is at least walking him back even if she was drunk as fuck as well. Isa put her phone back into her pocket. Yea....Max should be fine. "Yea, I'm the DD for the idiot gang. " She snickers. Isa may call them idiots...a lot but she does it cause she cares about them, and because they were her idiots. No one else could call them idiots, just her. "I don't mind it really, at least I know they're safe at home from dropping them off. "

Drunk people didn't really bother Isa all that badly. Foster homes, with adults that were too much in love with drinking, kinda made her resistant. She knows how to get drunk and where to get the drinks from but she doesn't. Isa isn't that big of a drinker, at most, she does like 3 shots and be ok with it. Same with drugs, too many fond memories made her just less inclined to try anything. She will smoke some weed but that's some basic shit that isn't a big deal. She'll stick to selling the shit, and nothing more.

"Oh Sunny, a tiny rebel? Have you seen my school file, I think they have me in that office more times than I actually go to school. I'm a full-on the rebel. Plus have you seen the way I talk, I'm pretty sure any adult would disagree with you right there. I'm trouble Sunny." Isa teased lightly. She was a delinquent, she wasn't just saying that. Other than the fact she barely shows up for school, she had a record, that only a few knew about. Tatum is one of them, as she was in her life when she got arrested and sent to Juvenile Correctional. She did have some fun there, as she remembers, and plus she got to eat 3 meals a day without stealing it so she was doing pretty well in there.

Isa was and forever will be a badass

Any more proof is when she handled the rude customers which are rare in a place like Parish Bay. She remembers this old guy that thought just because he was old, he got a free pass. Hell fucking no, she cursed him out and kicked him out. He hasn't been back since she's a bit proud of that. "Plus, you've seen me at work, you know how much the boss yells at me for cursing out little rude shits. I swear he would fire me if I didn't do such a good job doing what we do. "

Isa listened to Sunny and nods. "That's not a bad thing, not drinking. I'm no fan of it, but it makes me forget all my shit for a night so I drink. Not tonight though. " She said honestly. Drinking wasn't everyone's thing and that's ok. She could tease her, give her a bit of grief for it but it wasn't her style. She wasn't one to judge, she didn't want anyone to judge her so why judge others. Isa was better than that at least.

"At least you have company. I mean I'm not too bad for right now. If you want, I can give you a ride home? If your friend, Clark wasn't gonna be around for that. Least I could do, because you gave me apple juice my lady."

Stu
W0sRopD.gif

There was a toilet back there? W… what?

‘No there isn’t!’ Stu objected. ‘I mean — it’s locked!’

His eyes trailed where she pointed and, oh, woops, she was right. Turns out there were more portaloos up there, actually a whole row of them. Well, he wasn’t about to get humiliated in front of Evie or Ivy or whatever her name was. It was Evie, wasn’t it? Ivy was that demon child from the Poltergeist, and Evie was the skateboarding she-goat from Hartfield. ‘Those ones are locked too,’ he said. ‘. . . All of them.’

Why, on an empty beach, did they have to run into each other? After that little spat on Twitter, there weren’t many people he wanted to see less than Miss Gienevivivevie. But there she was standing in the flesh. Now she was never going to shut up about him peeing on the beach. Stu was already Neck Tie the trash nugget, he didn’t need another pee-related nickname to go with his face. Being the school’s official nugget— I mean, mascot— he kind of had a reputation to uphold. Gievevnieve wouldn’t understand. She was a nobody who liked to bully people on Twitter.

‘I mean — I wasn’t peeing.’

Perhaps it was a bit late for that. But it was her word against his, so he gave it a shot. As long as there was no photographic evidence of what happened, he was going to deny it to the bitter end.

‘What are you doing here anyway?’ he asked indignantly. ‘Were you trying to watch— ewww.’

He scrunched up his face at the thought. Who knew Genvieiveve was a p-e-r-v-e-r-t?

Well, he had no time for her antics. He needed to get back to check on Oliver. It was a long walk back to the party, and a much longer one still if Gienevieve was going to be yapping in his ear all this way. God, please don’t make them awkwardly walk the same stretch of beach!

How do you spell Geneiveveve anyway? G-i-e-n-e-i-e-v-i-e?

Soap Soap

Last edited:
MOOD: Helpless
interaction ❜ Wendy, Liz, Clark
Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy PenguinFox PenguinFox KingofAesir KingofAesir

MAX BERKOWITZ

It took quite a team effort for the pair of plastered teens to stagger their way off the beach. It seemed to Max that the shoreline had tripled in size since this afternoon, though drunkenly zig-zagging up and down the sand dunes was probably to blame for that. Next to Wendy, though, he looked clean as a whistle. Wendy was gone. Completely out of it. Why Sawyer agreed to release Max into her supervision was a mystery man was not meant to uncover. Maybe she was just sick of trying to wrangle him like a feral possum and thought it best to release him to his kin.

By the time they wound their way out into the parking lot, Max had managed to get himself a 24-Hour Twitter ban. Huh. Maybe all the threats to the mayor, the police and Ryan were a bit much. At least for the rest of the night, his peers had a break from his intoxicated nonsense. For those trying to track him down, though, this may pose an issue.

Max wasn't familiar with Liz's car. He religiously avoided taking rides from other people-- at the best of times, he preferred to not to have unnecessary bouts of nausea and vomiting. Besides, in this state he was in, he didn't even know if he could find his car. There were also a lot of cars still strewn about the lot. Oh no. This could take a while if they had to individually check each machine to see if it had a Liz in it.
However, when they came across Liz's vehicle, he recognized it immediately, in no small part to the fact that she was sitting on it. She and Clark were perched on the roof of the car, deep in pensive conversation. Max wasted not a moment. He broke away from Wendy and ran up to the car, clumsily rolling up onto the hood and clambering into something resembling a sitting position, legs swinging off the side and back braced against the windshield to keep himself from tumbling off.

"Lizzz!" Max's hand crossed his face so rapidly he almost smacked his own nose. "You're good? You said you were, but I just wanted to check in because--" his shoulders dropped. The sparkle of tears in her eyes... it was very apparent now why she'd chosen to hide away from the party. She really wasn't okay. Somehow, in his foggy disinhibition, he'd made the right call. He looked to Clark for clues, hoping that an explanation would follow, but only felt the stomach-clenching concern emanate off the taller boy.

Shit. He'd picked the worst moment to be accidentally drunk.
Max grimaced, his lower eyelid twitching. Quick. Say something comforting. What the hell was comforting? What did she need from him? She didn't even want him there, did she? She had Clark already. Max was an unneeded and most likely unwanted presence.

Max was always the third wheel, wasn't he? Stumbling into situations uninvited, contributing nothing, and leaving everything tenfold more awkward than he'd found it. Maybe he should just go. Apologize later for butting in.

He lifted a hand, as if to say something, only to pull a small package of tissues from his pocket and hold them out to Liz. Maybe she wanted a hug or something? Some sort of reassurance? He wasn't even supposed to be here. He should have known to leave this to Clark, who was not only sober but infinitely more charming and diplomatic than Max could ever hope to be. Maybe Clark should be mayor instead.

Faced with the crushing reality of how helpless he actually was to make things right, whatever had happened, Max lowered his eyes back to Liz's and offered the only word that his cider-drowned mind would cough up. "...Sorry."

If she wanted him to know any more, she would tell him. Wouldn't she?

code by valen t.

Last edited:
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4c554d735653724f4832434d77413d3d2d3737333734323430312e313562633133366563353834656366353839393433353630373131362e676966
Of all the ways for someone to introduce themselves with a shot name, Ian’s had by far been Lemon’s favorite, it even caused her to giggle. She was still shocked by the height difference but it was no matter, Lemon was not necessarily strong but she was capable of helping out, plus she needed a reason to scope out people for AJ and all the girls Lemon had scoped out hadn’t seemed right for AJ so here she was scoping out the guys. Hayden was too dense for AJ so he was out, Ian…well he might work. Once they had gotten the kegs set up Lemon really wasn’t surprised that they were both probably full of alcohol, it’s how it went at any party in Parish after all. Lemon could only shrug, “Welcome to Parish, every party has alcohol. Your secret is safe with me giant.” She took a cup a filled a quarter of her cup, she was smart, and she had to be with her dad.

Why did she help the tall guy? She could tell him the truth but then again she didn’t want him to know her plan, let alone AJ, “Helping is something I can do, plus you go to my school, don’t you? So that makes us acquaintances that haven’t met, and the correct term is a knight in shining rind. You need to work on your citrus jokes.” Sure, she didn’t really like most jokes about her name but something about Ian was different, he wasn’t poking fun at her but more like with her? Something no one else did. It was always making fun at her expense and she’d pretend it was funny and then wait for everyone to leave before letting the hurt set in. After all these years she had expected the hurt from the jokes to go away, but it never quite did. She decided that ignoring most jokes was the best option and it really was. Her eyes drifted back over to AJ and Hayden before turning back to Ian.

As she looked in her cup, she was trying to think of a way to ask Ian what he liked in others, “So, giant, what’s your favorite quality in a person? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. I don’t want you to feel pressured or weird cause I know it’s a weird question. Maybe I shouldn’t have asked. I’m sorry. You can just ignore the question.” Lemon hated asked people questions about themselves for the most part, she liked being in the background of most lives, or maybe she liked making sure she was never in the spotlight, so she never got in trouble. Never lost the small time she got with AJ. Instead, Lemon started to squeeze her cup to distract from the discomfort of asking Ian someone she barely knew a question that could have made him uncomfortable or crossed some social line she hadn’t seen.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

MOOD: annoyed slightly

OUTFIT: -

basics
MENTIONS:
@mel0_mang0

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

A plastic cup flung in Zachary Lee’s direction. It evened up to the height of his chest—glaring with a daredevilry of red. It was an impressionalble red, one that absorbed its hue from the unstoppable laugh that comes about a stupid joke. It was the red behind rhapsodic heartburns and time-traveled dancing. But, it was also the red of tired eyes. Drunk eyes. To not take any risks tonight was a promise, but Lee’s reflexes acted too soon, and he wrested the cup from stooping to the ground. By a force of habit, his fingers familiarized to the rotund texture of the cup, the ridged stripes parasailing under his fingertips. Hell, how did he always end up crawling back to this? It was cynical—how backbiting life was. He hadn’t even planned to drink, yet he always ended up with the same damn cup back in his hand. It’s not like he didn’t enjoy it. No, Zachary Lee, was a lover of parties. It was the text.

I want those feelings again. I want that back.

It was the impossibility of changing.

His eyes-a marvelous blue ruin- pinned to Colby at that moment, the tosser of the cup.

“Thanks? I guess?” Zach scoffed, nearly shockingly. First popcorn, now drinks? He was still deeply bothered by his urgent attitude to steer him away from the group. It had happened all so fast. He held the empty cup in his hand for a longer cut of time, suspiciously trying to understand what the hell Colby meant by doing this. It was better this way anyways with how Twitter ended up going. His hand trimmed over the ridge of the alcohol table, the bottles a glass city.

“Wanna tell me why you really brought me here though Colby?” he inquired, suddenly with a running thought,“Because, I really don’t care about your claustrophobia as much as you want me to and-”

Zachary Lee placed his cup down on the table, eyeing the cognac bottle besides it. He shook himself off his distraction.

“And, I’m positive that you and I aren’t really best friends let alone friends.”
code by valen t.

mood
sleepy n drunk

outfit
party outfit

tags
Dak Dak Jack
juliet everett
Juliet laughed when he said ‘weenie’ and wiped away the tears from her face. She looked at her hand noticed some of her makeup was smeared on it after wiping her tears. God, now she really looked like a wreck. Avoiding the urge to grab her phone to check her appearance, Juliet sniffed, “Thanks...!” She wasn’t sure why she felt better, maybe it was because of the supportive hand preventing her from falling everywhere. When Juliet didn’t have a hand, it was a struggle trying to walk when the world was spinning. Maybe that was it. Thank God for hands.

Juliet gazed out into the crowd and spotted TaterTot and a couple of other girls taking shots. She wondered if she should take a shot, she’s never really taken a shot before. Juliet shook her head, she figured that if she took a shot she would probably die of alcohol poisoning. Or would she die of alcohol poisoning? Maybe not... unless?

Juliet could feel her eyes getting heavier, is she already getting tired? The drunk girl squeezed her new friend’s hand when she realized that all she did tonight was get drunk and cry. Who does that? She needed to do something fun and exciting like all of these other teenagers! She let go of his hand and took a clumsy bow. “Would you like a dance, malady?” Juliet asked in an awful English accent. The girl isn’t great at accents.

Juliet twirled Jack around the best she can, he may not have liked it but she was having fun and hopefully he was too. It was the first time she has gotten drunk at a high school party and hanging out with a friend. The two continued dancing and Juliet waved her arms in the air feeling the fun energy this bonfire had. She spun around and ended up tripping over her feet. As she sat on the ground, she gazed at the sky and took in all the sounds and the smells she was feeling. Maybe this town really is magical as her parents have been saying, or she’s just wasted out of her mind.
coded by reveriee

MOOD: Erratic
interaction ❜ Graham (And Ryan...) Dazzle Dazzle Dak Dak

OLIVER DREYFUSS

After everything that had happened today: after all the stress and hurt and fear and harassment, The last thing Oliver needed right now was to be asked what happened to his father. But Stu, who was still off somewhere tending to his biological needs, obliviously asked anyway. Perhaps it wasn't right to blame Stu for this, though. He didn't know any better, blithely chirping on about the film Castaway, but poor Oliver just couldn't take it.

He didn't know what happened to his father; why he left one day for work and never returned. He just went missing. He died, maybe... or maybe he just couldn't bear another day with his crazed wife and defective son. Anyway, four years ago Mr. Dreyfuss got on a train to Boston and vanished somewhere in the brick and concrete jungle. Without him, the remains of the family crumbled away into the cracks of poverty, and with the last barrier between Oliver and his mother's frothing violence gone, the kid had been trapped in a cycle of hiding, shielding and pretending that had become so routine he didn't know if he could emotionally withstand anything else.

He had started anxiously chewing his fingers again, though his knuckles hadn't healed up at all from this morning. He really needed a bandage. Maybe six. He was just about to send a private message to let Vered and Ashley know he was going to be leaving the party alone tonight when Ryan logged back in, eager to play Twitter's new favorite game: trigger Oliver's arachnophobia. Why did everyone think this was so fucking funny? The poor boy's heart just about stopped. The color drained from his face and a trickle of red dripped down the side of his hand as his jaw suddenly clamped down on his fingers. A choked cry of alarm escaped him, followed by a pitiful sob as he buried his face in his hands and ran off.

He immediately felt himself on the verge of clawing himself into shreds, but his new friends didn't need to see any of that, so he kept running down the beach, onto the rocks until he found a small alcove he could curl up in, head to his knees and arms tightly over his ears. If they didn't think he was a basketcase before, they certainly would now. He hadn't been able to hold it together for five consecutive minute since last evening. For all anyone knew, he was always like this, always just caught in a panic and needing someone to pull him out of trouble. They were never going to get to know him, were they? He was always going to be just the kid who couldn't talk, couldn't hold still, who hated spiders and bit himself and didn't know anything. They weren't going to get to see the side of Oliver that loved reading and math and puzzles and turtles, that was fascinated with graphs and maps and reports, that wanted to be a journalist when he grew up. That would require there being an additional side of Oliver that could stay calm long enough to communicate those things.

Really, though, he owed Stu and Vered an apology for all the trouble he'd been on their first day as friends. He'd barely spoken to them, was partially at fault for Stu's bag going missing, played a hand in getting them backed into a corner at the cafe... He'd been nothing but a nuisance from one crisis to the next.

Still, he wanted to make it up to them. Maybe he should give them something. What did they like? Vered liked knowledge and researching, and Stu liked Star Wars and seashells. Wait-- seashells. Everyone liked those, and there were plenty to be found. He'd find them each a really nice one. One for Ashley, too. Stu said seashells made people cool, or something like that.

A great idea, really. And hey-- maybe looking around for seashells would give him some quiet time to collect himself and get back to his normal level of agitation. He'd find everyone a seashell... Vered would probably know exactly what kind each one was. Stu would want to use his to make a weird sound, and he'd been wanting to get to know Ashley and this was a good chance to do that. Oliver dried off his eyes with the cuff of his sleeve, fiddling with the drawstring of his hoodie and letting the salty ocean air back into his lungs. It was going to be okay.

Quietly scouring along the beach, it didn't take him that long to find his first one: A smooth cream-colored shell, about the size of his palm that swirled to an elegant point. Stu, who had excellent taste in seashells, would absolutely love this. This was the perfect way to say "I still want to be your friend" even with his words still locked away somewhere in his panic-stricken chest.

Oliver gently picked the shell up out of the sand, dusting it off with care and turning it over. This one was a little smaller, so he wondered curiously if it would make a different sound than the one Stu gave him. He held it to his ear, tilting his head to the side.

Huh. This one didn't sound like the ocean at all. Maybe it had something stuck in it. He shook it lightly, hearing only a light rattle. How weird.

Then a sharp little leg shot straight down his ear, nine more stretching out and grabbing fiercely at his hair.

"AaaaaaAAAAAAAH!"

Everything went white, all of his senses fading into a numbing roar of static.
He was conscious still, yes, but whatever it was Oliver's body did, it had completely separated from his brain which defensively shut itself down into a warped fight-or-flight mode where those weren't even options. He lost all feeling in his limbs, unable to control his movements as he ripped the giant hermit crab off his ear and whipped it through the air at full velocity, with all the sheer force his skinny arm could conduct...

...directly into the face of some kid a few yards off.

Oliver didn't even realize what he'd done at first. He still felt the crab burrowing into his ear, sharp spindly pincers latching onto his brain. Did it even come off? Was it still there? Was it inside his head now? He kept hitting his hand into the side of his head where the crab had been, limbs weak and shaky as if he were about to collapse. His wide brown eyes flickered back open and found themselves staring unblinking back at the other boy, and the girl that stood beside.
Oh no.
No.
No, no, no...

Oliver had hurt him, hadn't he? He felt as though his ribs were compressing around his lungs, and he found himself unable to keep from running closer, taking the other boy by the collar and holding him closer to assess the damage he'd caused. The crab had given the taller brunet a nasty black eye... Oliver flinched at the sight of it, coughing on his breaths and groaning in distress. Unable to speak to apologize or explain himself, he didn't seem to realize how horribly threatening he must look. From the outside, he'd just pitched a crab into another boy's eye, chased him down and collared him without a word or single clue as to what he was doing. Oliver didn't mean any harm, but he didn't know how to help. He didn't even know what the hell he was doing. He couldn't explain himself if his life depended on it.

Little did he know, it very well might.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_o2coz1lZZE1rifr4k_500.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby
“First of all, rude. No wonder why so many people think you’re an asshole. And regarding your question,” Colby continued, “I thought it was obvious. Figured you knew Tatum wasn’t comfortable with so many people around her, since you’re her smart boyfriend and all.”

Did he sound a tad sarcastic while saying that last statement? Perhaps. But why should Colby act polite to him if he wasn’t trying to do the same? Maybe Zach’s head was full of ramen noodles if he couldn’t understand or bother to learn how to use common courtesy.

“If you didn’t know earlier, well…” Colby paused for a moment, trying to think of a nicer way to say it. “Well, now you know,” he said with a shrug, reading a few messages from his phone. While tapping his replies, Colby chuckled softly—Drunk Tatum was funny. He assumed she’d meant to type “bucks” when he mentioned nickels instead of “buckles”, but it was fun messing with her with his harmless weird, random response. It would be interesting to see what her reaction would be when she's sober after tonight.

“Yes, I’m aware we’re not exactly friends. Nice to know you remember that, Zee,” Colby said, slipping his phone back in his pocket. Was it weird that he was messaging Tatum while her boyfriend was nearby? Pfft, no, not at all. Besides, it wasn’t like Zach knew. “But it doesn’t mean we can’t try to be friendly with each other. Tatum wants us to try, anyway. I’m sure you know that.”

He ate a short piece of celery from one of the food trays on the table. Who brought a veggie tray to the party? Eh, Colby didn't care to know. He liked celery, anyway. “Just look around us—we’re at a beach party, a nice, friendly environment. It’s a good start for us to be on better terms with each other. Hey, I bet you wouldn’t mind if I dance with your girlfriend later, since she and I are just friends, after all.”

Colby gave Zach a light, not-so-aggressive elbow bump with his and a lighthearted smirk. Nothing says friendly like suggesting to dance with his new friend’s girlfriend. Yep.

TAGS: with Zach lion. lion. , mention Tatum Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

• filler

Even the mere sight of the egotistical grin making its way lazily to Zachary's lips and his mouth drawing open was enough to light the fire beneath Noemie's tingling skin, golden green eyes narrowing into a deathly glare the moment his words rang through the air. Oh Noemie could kill him. She really could.

Before she could burst and spew her underlying anger right at the infuriating blonde, his unlikely saviour came in the form of a new friend, Colby dragging the two away from the girls under the guise of acquiring more drinks. The brunette sent a silent thanks as the people surrounding her friends gradually dispersed and allowed enough room at least for Tatum to catch her breath. Subconsciously her warm skin brushed against the taller girl's, Noemie leaning into her side with familiarity, the show of affection between the two a common, and welcomed, sight. There was something about being so close beside the person she considered a soulmate, something comforting and hard to seek out elsewhere, it allowed a space for the seemingly constant weight settled over her chest to lift. At the familiar feeling, a more genuine smile made its appearance on the girl's soft features, her eyes glancing around the blazing flames in hopes of catching sight of another close friend who brought the promise of late night cuddles & a safe atmosphere to let the walls crumble. Noemie had no such luck of finding Isa anywhere within sight of the bonfire. The sound of another voice drew Nomi's attention back to where the girls currently stood, the familiar teasing lilt to Maxine's smile holding her attention long enough to bring a small smirk upon Noemie's plump lips. There was something about the younger girl that showed its colours to Noemie today, something that was slowly grasping hold of her ever shifting attention span, something that excited her.

Without even grasping hold of the situation, Noemie felt a colder hand gripping her own, fingers looping through hers as if they were familiar enough with one another to know how to fit perfectly. She allowed herself to be dragged behind the younger, eyes darting over her shoulder for a brief moment to make sure Tatum was in fact following, before her attention inevitably returned to focus on Maxine. Noemie was surprised to find she missed the girl's hand as she let go to pour the three shots, the pout forming on her face before she could even control it. An impressed laugh sounded from the brunette before she lifted her respective cup and downed its contents easily - just like drinking water. Noemie was quick to fill another, gaze turning playful as she laughed and allowed her body to begin moving freely to whatever loud music had been playing, her eyes shifting from Maxine and Tatum down to her buzzing phone as notifications began piling in. At first they were easy to ignore, her mind easing as more & more alcohol filled her cup and her laughter surrounded the bonfire, the few times Noemie felt she could really let loose usually was when a ton of alcohol was involved. Eventually the incessant buzzing drew an irritated huff from the girl before she unlocked twitter and jumped into varying conversations, one such silly conversation between her two best friends had her smiling with warmth, though she knew that there was a large part of her purely dragging it out for petty purposes. Upon seeing the notification informing her that Liz had logged off, mild worry consumed her slightly drunken state, stilling her swaying movements as her brain ran a mile a minute to figure out what had gone wrong so quickly. Maybe Noemie had in fact taken her pettiness too far. A swift apology was sent to Liz privately, her lips caught between her teeth as the familiar anxiety took over. Noemie didn't mean to hurt feelings, she didn't seek out to make anyone feel worse, but at the moment she felt that maybe the intentions behind the innocent flirting hadn't been so pure. With Liz's reply coming in, Noemie didn't feel any more at ease, and she wasn't sure why. Her ex wasn't bothered by it, didn't seem fazed, so why was she?

Another few moments went by on twitter, eventually resulting in a conversation with one certain Maxine that drew Noemie's gaze up from her phone and to the girl still standing only a few feet away. Her head tilted in its usual curious way as she slowly lowered her phone and made her way towards the younger girl, unfocused eyes shining as they made contact with the girl's darker orbs. "Hey there Maxy", Noemie breathed out her soft greeting, hand lifting to gently hold the girl's hand again, the contact was instantly familiar and weirdly felt comforting to the brunette. It seemed her mostly rational side had taken its backseat, allowing the girl to finally just let go and do whatever it was she pleased. In an instant she found her body leaning forwards, encroaching further into the other girl's space until Noemie could almost feel her body brush against her own, their breaths only inches apart. "Um, I've been meaning to..", her soft voice faded out as her teeth caught on her lips. That warmth was there again, something the girl had been unknowingly seeking all night, and in following the tingling feeling Noemie found her hands lifting to rest around Maxine's waist, pulling herself ever closer until her golden eyes slowly drew shut and her lips captured the younger's. This. This was what she'd been missing. The familiarity of another body against her own. The warmth of another's breath. Noemie pulled back just an inch, the smile instant on her face as she opened her eyes to watch Maxine's reaction before the confidence came back and Noemie surged forwards again. Her gentle hands rose to the small of Maxine's spine, drawing the girl closer as she deepened the kiss until she felt almost breathless. She could find Isa and Max soon enough, she'd get Tatum over to Colby soon enough - but right now, right now she needed this.

noemie calvet

hartfield senior

tatum, maxine

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
MOOD: Okay? She thinks.

basics
MENTIONS: Clark KingofAesir KingofAesir

INT: Isa, r e i r e i

tags
TL;DR Josie and Isa's overlooking the ocean like the angsty girls they are.
tl;dr
Josephine
There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere.

Josie suppressed a smile and shook her head. A little trouble didn't make someone a delinquent. Mistakes didn't make bad people, poor choices leaded to poor things, but... everyone makes bad choices. It's a part of life. Doesn't make someone more or less of a... model citizen. Or... well, maybe it does but that's not what she's going for here. "I wouldn't call you trouble now..." The blonde trailed off, a little unsure of what to say on the topic.

But thankfully before Josie could rack her brain for something else to say, the topic changed. "I mean, either they haven't fired you because you do a good job or, it's because nobody else in Parish Bay wants to be paid less than minimum wage." It was a joke-- mostly. Waitresses weren't paid a lot, but every little bit helped. A little goes towards a college fund and the rest goes to... living. Bills, food, etc. Simply staying alive wasn't cheap.

'It makes me forget all my shit for a night so I drink. '

It made sense in a way, she didn't like the sound of that-- truthfully, it sounded unhealthy. But she wasn't going to comment it on it. However others coped is how they coped with their problems. Josie didn't have to like it though. Upon Isa's offer, Josie glanced around the beach. Clark was with Liz, Liz was with Clark... her chauffeurs were busy with each other.

Of course Josephine could just wait and ask her father for a ride but...

A smile found it's way onto her lips as she caught Isa's gaze. "I mean, if you insist. Apple juice for a ride home? You drive a hard bargain. My other taxi drivers simply settle for my company." Josie shrugged, finishing off her apple juice in one big sip, y'know like one of those sips where you hear the straw trying to grab whatever's left in the bottle and it makes that annoying little noise?

Was it bad she liked the noise?

Probably.

Probably made her a little bit annoying too. But that's okay.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Being grossed tf out.

basics
MENTIONS: Ivy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

INT: Stu Dede Dede

tags
TL;DR Evie's yelling at Stu for not using a bathroom.
tl;dr
Genevieve
When you see my face, I hope it gives you hell.

Evie was still shielding her eyes once Stu started to speak. Oh, this kid was the biggest damn liar out there. Was all British people like this? Were they only taught tea & lies? Maybe that's why they pretend to be so superior? They lie to themselves about how good they are while they sip their tea. Yeah, that made a lot of sense. "Sure, Pinoquio. Whatever you say." Suddenly, he decided to turn the whole thing against her, making her cringe.

"Ew! What the hell is wrong with you? Trust me, there's no woman on the face of this earth that wants see your little nugget you freakazoid." Evie made a slight crack between her fingers, and much to her relief-- Stuart Little was decent. She crossed her arms and grimaced in disgust at the sight of his face, simply because she was reminded of his little incident moments earlier.

After their argument on twitter, there was clear tension between them. She had only tried to help him find his sad little dumb pencil case, but no. He was too much of a baby to accept the fact that another girl was even talking to him in the first place.

So... maybe she was mildly offensive when she talked to him about it. Have you met Stu? It's a given.

"Where's your posse of nerds, I'm surprised you all don't use the bathroom together."

Wait, only weird girly-girls did that right?

Eh, same thing.
code by valen t.

Graham Moore

Graham had been mid awkward conversation with Meera, hanging out by the ocean. Meera was so excited to be out of her house, while Graham was still terrified that her dad was going to show up with a shovel to bury him with. Graham thought he did a decent job hiding this fear though. Though his eyes were stuck wide open, in fear that her dad would come straight at him. Graham's back was to the ocean, for a moment he thought he heard someone scream, looking in the direction of which it came, he felt something cold and hard hit his eye, cracking upon impact.

Graham fell to the ground, scared that Meera's father had come and broken his face in two. He held a sandy hand to his now inflamed eye, which only made matters worse.

Within seconds of impact someone had grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and Graham only could whimper out a "I'm sorry Mr. Dessai" As he closed his eyes tightly waiting for another hit.

Graham's clouded vision began to come into focus, his one injured eye was still quite watery, but he was able to mostly see with the left eye. Graham realized it was only a small boy holding him by the collar, not Mr. Dessai, who he had believed had come to kill him for the kidnapping of his daughter.

There were no words coming out of the small brunette's mouth. Graham did not recognize him, even if he did know him, so it must have been an accident? Right? Graham did not remember upsetting this boy in any way shape or form at least.

"It's-its okay." Graham squeaked out. It seemed to be obvious the boy was as upset as Graham had been at first. Still unsure what the boy had hit him with, he felt around his eye. It was sore, but Graham didn't seem to have broken his face, unlike his original thoughts. "No breaks" He forced a smile trying to make the boy feel better. But it hurt his eye to change the shape of his face.

Graham vocalized a loud 'Ow' Putting a free, sandy hand, back on his eye. While resting the other on Oliver's shoulder. He was really going to need some ice..

@everyoneincrabfight​

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_oo3zc9GPCd1uogu26_250.gifv
Tatum had been quite inebriated, and she had lost count of how many drinks she had actually consumed but it was whatever at this point. Who would notice or care? Her glazed eyes had caught sight of Nomi and Maxi and she couldn’t believe what she was seeing. Sure, her best friend/soulmate needed to get over her ex, even though Tatum had liked the two together she only wanted Nomi’s happiness. She wasn’t sure if that was Maxi, but it was a party after all. Alcohol and hormones were never the best combo but as long as the two were having fun who was Tatum to interfere. Of course, she couldn’t see Zach or Colby, so she made her way away from the drink table. The night air felt good against the warmth that she had obtained from the alcohol.

In her one moment of peace she heard a yell and she looked over to see two small figures. As she made her way closer to the scene, she saw Oliver who she didn’t know and Graham who was the stupid mascot of her school. The scene in front of her looked bad, Graham was holding his eye, Oliver was holding Graham and girl she didn’t know was next to the two boys. Her mind was foggy as she tried to process everything in front of her.

She wobbled closer to the individuals, “What the fuck did you do to him?” Of course, Oliver looked like he was going to puke which Tatum kind of felt that too but she had to suppress that feeling down, “What did you do to him? Look at him? Look at you. Why are you just standing there not saying anything? What is your issue? Is it about her?!” she pointed to the girl that had been next Graham, “Graham is a nice guy and you hurt him? What is wrong with you?!” Tatum could feel her anger rising at Oliver. Who would even think to hurt Graham? Besides the bullies at HA and even then, Tatum was just as mean to them for being jerks to Graham. Sure, was the kid asking to be bullied? Maybe. But that didn’t mean some stupid kid from Parish could be the one to cause harm to him.

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Dazzle Dazzle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back