• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Brandon Lightwood

The call went as he imagined, what standard whale beaching calls were like. He tried to explain to the best of his ability, the situation and the description of the creature under duress, while the voice on the other end made sure to ask some specific questions. After the Q/A session, the voice instructed him to hold tight and wait for help to arrive, while adding vague pointers like making sure the whale wasn’t inverted, whatever that meant, and keeping the human interaction to a minimum as if he had any control of that. They had incidents of people flocking towards the beached creature just to take pictures and doing dumb stuff, and they did not want that to happen again.

Brandon just nodded away through the monologue and waited for the line to disconnect before thinking about what to do next. He had already spotted Stu rushing on toward the Whale. There were two other boys with him. He felt like he knew their names in passing. Oliver..something and Vedred? Or was it Vered? He wasn’t a hundred percent certain. Whatever was the case, one of them looked like an absolute nerve wreck, while the other one was handling the situation better. He would have confirmed their names, but the situation didn't seem very conducive for introductions. All the while he was observing, he was moving closer and closer towards the beached mammal.

Here was a creature, maybe a few tons heavier than all of them combined. Stu made an appeal to everyone closeby to help with the goal of possibly pushing the creature back, but Brandon wasn’t even sure all of them could collectively move it even a few inches. Still, he didn’t want to look like the obnoxious douche in the group who just said no to everything. He started removing his boots at a spot, while speaking, “Are..are we sure, pushing it is the right way to go about it? What if we..what if we cause damage to its organs and stuff?The voice on the phone had said something like that right? Up close, the details of pain and distress were even more vivid. The labored breathing and the unfocused pupils, felt as they were trying to convey something. Having experienced exactly zero beachings in his life so far, he was inclined to follow the instructions he had received on the phone, word for word but just standing there and doing nothing, felt just wrong. It was quite a pickle.

mentions: Dede Dede ( Stu ), Chimney Swift Chimney Swift ( Oliver), Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy ( Vered )

Last edited:
Harper Anderson

Her smile had faded. The call to the wildlife conservation had done nothing short to help. They had told her that with the storm, coming out was impossible, rendering them shit out of luck. Harper turned to face Max again, looking more disappointed than ever. She signed an apology to him for being a shitty interpreter in that moment of stress. Harper relayed the information to Max that she had gotten from the receptionist on the phone.

As more people began to gather, she thought maybe they could push the pilot whale back into the ocean together. Accessing the people that had gathered around the whale. She pressed her lips together, the people that had gathered were probably going to be very little use to her. They unfortunately, were going to need more manpower than they had gathered.

Harper positioned herself so she could sign to Max, along with talk to the group that had gathered. She spoke to the boy who had just gotten off the phone, “I tried that too... they don’t seem to be able to get here. I’m sure we aren’t the first to call either unfortunately.”

Harper looked to the girl on the ground already trying to push the whale back into the ocean. “I.. don’t think we can do this ourselves... no offense, but I think we will need more muscle..” she looked across the beach, maybe Sawyer would get here soon and then they would be better off..

mentions: KingofAesir KingofAesir interactions: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Dede Dede Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy ArcherVarenne ArcherVarenne

Stu
GXNyFH7.gif

Stu began pushing the whale in a flurry of determination, appearing as if to hug the beast as he found no options for a grip. He slid off the slippery whale unceremonously and plopped headfirst into the sand. Then he got up with sand in his mouth and tried for another push, before predictably slipping off again.

The whale hadn’t moved a centimetre.

By now the energy supplied by his solitary morning Kit Kat had been spent, and his knees wobbled like they had no bones in them. The boy took a step back to reassess the physics--or rather to leave the maths to Vered while he spat out the remaining sand from his mouth. What else could they do? Stu thought about dragging the poor whale by its flipper, but that part of its body seemed so delicate that it might come loose with the slightest tug, with the potential of turning Free Willy into a horror story.

Either the boy wisely dissuaded himself from this project, or the timely tap on his shoulder prevented the freak dismemberment of the whale. The person tapping his shoulder was Oliver, come to help. A whale-coming sight.

‘We need more people,’ Stu pleaded with older boy, gesturing wildly. ‘A lot more people.’

Maybe Oliver could raise an army like Genghis Kahn in the steppes. They absolutely would need an army to move this whale. He wondered what the whale ate to make it so heavy. All the chocolates in the world and Stu was still as scrawny as a straw.

Brandon had also attached himself to their ranks, and the nerd circle was now so complete as to somehow be still completely useless. Perhaps Brandon and Vered with their combined intellect could now mathematicise their problem into inexistence. But Stu wasn’t holding his breath.

‘We can’t not push him,’ he told Brandon. ‘He’ll die if we don’t.’

Then turning to the whale, he said, ‘Hang in there buddy—we'll get you home,’ and gave it a gentle pat, to which the whale replied, ‘get your hands off me you silly human!’ Except in Whalesh.

Stu now turned to his phone, hands trembling, to send SOS messages across the twittersphere. His heartfelt appeal to the humans of Parish Point read simply:

whale on beach
hurry please

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy ArcherVarenne ArcherVarenne @ people near the whale

Sawyer frowned as Hyacinth told her that she seemed to have frightened Alex. While she knew that was exactly what happened, that had been her goal after all, hearing someone say say it made her notice that it probably wasn’t very nice. Hya took the claw anyway and handed Sawyer a trash bag from her bag. Sawyer took the thing and followed after the other girl, holding it open for Hyacinth to drop the acquired trash into. Sawyer suddenly felt bad as they continued to move down the beach and felt like an apology was probably in order, but Alex was nowhere in sight so there was no one for her to apologize to. She bent down to pick up a water bottle from the sand and dropped it into the trash.

“I didn’t mean to scare him.” What a lie, “I guess I’m just used to people just listening to me.” Sawyer shrugged her shoulders. That second part wasn’t really a lie, lots of people at the school tended to do what she asked of them, but whether it was because of her charm or because they were afraid was unknown to Sawyer. “Besides,” Sawyer mentioned off-handedly, “That’s Alex Bisch, he does theater with me and he’s kind of an asshole.” She laughed at the mention of him as a memory came to her mind, “Once, he told one of the actresses that she was about as alluring on stage as a troll.” She shook her head at the memory, “I threw a prop sword at him from the complete opposite end of the stage and it hit him square on the jaw.” Sawyer laughed again and almost dropped the entire trash bag she was laughing so hard. “That’s probably why he’s scared of me. Deadly aim, you know?” Sawyer winked. When she looked up again, they were nearing the whale and the people gathered around it. There didn’t seem to be any progress happening and she was wondering why. She could see Harper on the edge of the crowd looking out, a boy she was pretty sure was named Max was at her side.

“Hey, let’s go see what’s going on with the whale situation.” Sawyer looped her arm through Hyacinth’s and brought her along at a hobbling pace toward Harper and Max. “Harper! Hey, what’s going on?” They came to a stop in front of the two of them, Sawyer made no move to remove her arm, “I thought someone called like, beached whale people or something? This thing can’t survive that long outside the water.” She watched as people tried and failed to push the whale off into the ocean, “Are they expecting us to push the thing back into the ocean?” She glanced side long at Hyacinth and made a face, “How are we supposed to even do that?”

Sawyer
"Oh, whale."
location? The beach my dudes
outfit? That goddamn jacket and beanie
interactions? Hyacinth ( erzulie erzulie Dazzle Dazzle Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
any last words?
Dying slowly
coded by incandescent

Sawyer frowned as Hyacinth told her that she seemed to have frightened Alex. While she knew that was exactly what happened, that had been her goal after all, hearing someone say say it made her notice that it probably wasn’t very nice. Hya took the claw anyway and handed Sawyer a trash bag from her bag. Sawyer took the thing and followed after the other girl, holding it open for Hyacinth to drop the acquired trash into. Sawyer suddenly felt bad as they continued to move down the beach and felt like an apology was probably in order, but Alex was nowhere in sight so there was no one for her to apologize to. She bent down to pick up a water bottle from the sand and dropped it into the trash.

“I didn’t mean to scare him.” What a lie, “I guess I’m just used to people just listening to me.” Sawyer shrugged her shoulders. That second part wasn’t really a lie, lots of people at the school tended to do what she asked of them, but whether it was because of her charm or because they were afraid was unknown to Sawyer. “Besides,” Sawyer mentioned off-handedly, “That’s Alex Bisch, he does theater with me and he’s kind of an asshole.” She laughed at the mention of him as a memory came to her mind, “Once, he told one of the actresses that she was about as alluring on stage as a troll.” She shook her head at the memory, “I threw a prop sword at him from the complete opposite end of the stage and it hit him square on the jaw.” Sawyer laughed again and almost dropped the entire trash bag she was laughing so hard. “That’s probably why he’s scared of me. Deadly aim, you know?” Sawyer winked. When she looked up again, they were nearing the whale and the people gathered around it. There didn’t seem to be any progress happening and she was wondering why. She could see Harper on the edge of the crowd looking out, a boy she was pretty sure was named Max was at her side.

“Hey, let’s go see what’s going on with the whale situation.” Sawyer looped her arm through Hyacinth’s and brought her along at a hobbling pace toward Harper and Max. “Harper! Hey, what’s going on?” They came to a stop in front of the two of them, Sawyer made no move to remove her arm, “I thought someone called like, beached whale people or something? This thing can’t survive that long outside the water.” She watched as people tried and failed to push the whale off into the ocean, “Are they expecting us to push the thing back into the ocean?” She glanced side long at Hyacinth and made a face, “How are we supposed to even do that?”

MOOD: Angry at society
interaction ❜ Harper Dazzle Dazzle , Hyacinth erzulie erzulie , Stu Dede Dede , Vered Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy , Brandon ArcherVarenne ArcherVarenne , Oliver , the rest of Team Animal Rescue

MAX BERKOWITZ

Max watched intently as Harper explained the situation, his mouth falling open in abject horror. The beached whale services weren't coming. All he could respond with was an emotional "why?", though he needed no response. He knew why. He knew exactly why the Massachusetts Animal Welfare Fund didn't want to haul ass to a middle-of-nowhere flooded coastal town to save this whale. His blood boiled.

Harper passed Max's phone back, which he took gingerly. With the device back in his hand, Max stood back and began furiously scouring the internet: "how to help beached whale calf", "small whale stranded", "beached whale rescue no authorities"
Every source he pulled up was very clear: Do Not Touch the Whale. Wait for professionals. Keep the whale moist and out of the sun. Stay 100 feet away at all times. Wait for professional rescue team to arrive.

Well, the professionals weren't fucking coming.

In their time of need-- no, the whale's time of need, Parish Point had failed them all.

If this whale died, Max would never let any of them live it down even if he had to march to town hall and chain himself to the gate.

But for right now, in this moment, Max refused to sit idly by and wait for the whale's death. If there was a chance, a fraction of a chance that the whale might live, he had to give it a try. He nudged Harper to catch her attention, quickly gestured for her to come after, and carefully approached the whale, steering clear of its head and flippers. The last thing they needed was another one collapsed and bleeding on the beach.

A small group of younger boys had gathered by the whale, along with a few others trying to push the whale back. Just then, Hyacinth and a tall blonde girl he vaguely recognized as one of the Hartfield Academy seniors ran up the beach to him and Harper. The blonde was speaking rapidly. Of the words spilling across her face, Max caught only "beached whale... call... ocean... water... how" . Fuck. Even from that, he kind of knew what she was saying... which was what everyone else was saying.

"More people. We need all of us." Max signed out for the group even though he was only confident that one if the girls would understand, but it didn't really matter because he was sure he was the 1000th person to say this by this point. He swiftly gestured all of them towards the whale.

In a split second, Max was on his knees in the sand trying to slide an arm underneath the whale to give it room to propel itself back. The blood seeping into sleeves made him gag and recoil for a second, but he had not a second to waste on being squeamish. This was going to be difficult. A whale juvenile this size probably weighed about 400 pounds. It was like Max was lifting two adults on his skinny 16-year-old arms, and yes, it fucking hurt. But with the combined force of the younger kids, the girls and whoever else pitched in, they could do it.

He knew, in all likelihood, that this may not be enough to save the whale. It was injured and exhausted, and if it couldn't swim back out to its pod then it would likely drown, starve or be overtaken by predators. Max tried to convince himself that this was still a step up from letting it be crushed under its own weight on the beach. This whole situation was violently wrong, and even Max, who was usually strong in his moral convictions, didn't really see a good or logical course of action here. He was doing the only thing he knew how to do.
Help in any way he could, and plan a harsh retribution on those who let this happen.

code by valen t.

tumblr_inline_o2cnvmyh6L1rifr4k_500.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby
Colby wondered if delivering a jug of grape juice to a complete stranger was worth catching a cold. Honestly, he wasn’t even sure why he’d bought grape juice for Sawyer. Maybe he just wanted her to stop whining on Twitter about not having it. Maybe he felt a bit sorry for her. Who knows?

Despite taking a quick hot shower and a citrus-honey tea remedy after getting home, he started feeling a couple of symptoms. Maybe Colby should’ve stayed at Sawyer’s place and possibly convinced Sawyer’s father to say “daddio out” in person, but he didn’t want to leave his grandparents at home by themselves during the storm—plus he had his own groceries that he had to bring home. His grandfather, Jim, would try going outside to check the house’s back-up generator and secure other things close around the property, and Colby couldn’t just let that old man do all of those things on his own.

“I mean it, Colby, I could’ve done all right checking the generator on my own,” Grandpa Jim complained to his grandson near the end of breakfast. “I’m not too old taking care of my own house. And now look at yah, sneezing and coughing at the table. Rita, tell the boy. I’m not a helpless old man, right?”

“Right, you’re not helpless—you’re just a stubborn old geezer.” Colby’s grandmother replied, kissing her husband’s forehead and gathering empty dishes off the table; and Jim incoherently grumbled before sipping the rest of his honey cappuccino. “But seriously, Col, you didn’t have to risk your health for a silly juice delivery. And driving through that storm was dangerous. You’re lucky you didn’t get struck by lightning or have the car flipped over.”

“Wouldn’t be the first time,” Colby quipped under his breath while sipping his second citrus-honey tea. Had he meant the lightning strike or flipped car? Nobody will ever know. Judging by the look Grandma Rita gave him, she heard his remark and was not amused. “I’m fine, really! It wasn’t so bad,” he told them for the hundredth time. Questioning his driving skills, how rude. Then again, he’d discovered two tires from his car lost some of its air pressure, and there might’ve been at least 6 or 7 dings... At least he made it back in one piece, that’s all that mattered to him.

After finishing his egg and waffle breakfast, Colby dashed to his bedroom. He’d explained to his grandparents that he would be going to the beach, see the pilot whale, and maybe try to help it if there was still time. His grandparents were taking the Chevy truck to check on their cafe, the Sleeping Hedgehog, and maybe see some neighbors later. A girl named Noemie was picking up him and his old friend Maxine Rhodes soon so he wouldn’t have to use his motorcycle. (Thank god.) They also picked up some food that Colby ordered ahead from Sleeping Hedgehog along the way to the beach—the girls could have whatever, but Colby just wanted blueberry muffins.

Today felt like summer was definitely over, and winter may be closing in way too early. He didn’t usually mind cold weather, but he hadn’t felt quite prepared for it yet. His “raincoat” was really more like an olive-green, knee-length parka without the faux fur on the hood. He added a clean blue sweatshirt under it, a matching beanie hat, and a pair of worn black engineer boots that made him feel like a modern-day cowboy. (He didn’t own rubber rain boots.) His feet and jeans would probably still get wet when he’d help save the whale anyway.

“Okay, I’m here.” Right after Noemie parked the car, Colby jogged closer to where the whale was located. He didn’t know most of the people gathered in the area. He hadn’t been in this town for 3 or 4 years until a few months ago. He spotted Tatum nearby, but... um, he needed to focus on the whale first. “Seriously, you guys have tried digging a trail for the water flow around the whale yet? Or at least put wet towels on it.” He had his own beach towel slung over his shoulder just in case. He'd seen a bunch of YouTube videos of people saving beached whales wrap them with wet towels or cloths.

Last edited:
mood
anxious

outfit
ootd

tags
Dak Dak
juliet everett

“No problem! I’m just trying to get to know this town too.” Juliet started the car and clenched her hands on the steering wheel. Maybe it was her guilt or the anxiety or maybe her little excitement about meeting new people at the beach but driving in the rain right now was starting to scare her. Trees were knocked down and there was a house with a tree branch through one of the windows. The roads were wet, and it is still raining. Juliet should have dressed more prepared for the weather instead of looking good for the event. She gulped, took a deep breath, and responded to Jack’s comment: “To be honest, I’m surprised too. I’m not the greatest driver either, so hopefully we make it on time!”

She plugged the aux cord into her phone and immediately played “Gimme Love” by Joji, it was a peppy song that helped motivate her to do things she was scared to do. Also, even though the weather wasn’t looking too great, Joji was a good artist to listen to on rainy days. Juliet turned to face Jack, “You can request songs too, I’m just in a Joji mood at the moment…oh wait, I forgot to plug the address into Google Maps.”

Then the two were off. Juliet drove slowly and carefully to avoid hydroplaning in the rain. She did that once and got into a wreck because of it. After a while of driving, the teen felt like she and Jack were lost. Oh shit, is Google Maps not working? Juliet looked at her phone to see that they arrived at their destination, but this sketchy McDonald’s did not look like the beach. Her phone was blowing up with tweets saying that the adults weren’t doing anything and that this beached whale was going to die if it doesn’t get any help. Oh god, Juliet needed to go out there to help. Juliet tweeted that she and Jack are on the way, but they got lost. She sighed and decided to go inside to ask for directions. The teen turned to Jack to let him know she was going to ask directions real quick. She hopped out and dashed inside the McDonald’s to see a greasy man with a neckbeard leaning on the counter. He sleepily perked up thirty seconds after Juliet got there and asked for her order. Juliet explained the situation and the greasy man told her to turn right on the stop sign and she would see the beach on the left about two miles down. Juliet smiled, thanked the employee, and dashed into her car.

She grinned, “Okay, I think I know where we are going!” then they left to the beach.

*~*

Officer Keith Harris was sick and tired of his wife, Carol, blasting on Twitter and to the other housewives that he was a sheriff. He had told his wife multiple times that he was just a state trooper, not a fucking sheriff. Sometimes he wants to divorce her. When he means sometimes, he meant all the time. He knew if he divorces his wife, she would take everything from him because he was too stupid to sign a prenup when he was younger and she had the capability to create a nasty rumor of how he is an abusive husband and father. For now, he must tolerate her.

The storm last night really did a number on the town last night. He and the other state troopers were supposed to help with the cleanup, but the mayor strictly announced that the high schoolers of this town had to do it. To supposedly “reunify the town despite its differences.” But Keith knew that was bullshit because the teenagers at this town don’t do shit, just party and cause trouble. So, the state troopers’ and the officers’ role were to oversee the cleanup and to make sure the high schoolers weren’t slacking. Even though we’re slacking he thought. The officers knew about the beached whale, but there was nothing they could do. All they could do was supervise.
coded by reveriee

Last edited:
MOOD: complicated

OUTFIT: ...

basics
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee

The Gulls knew it earlier than he did. They were scrapped and feathered up like doves, but glued grace at its best is only mummery; the masking tape is certain to tear. So, they ended up being a rambunctious bunch: the seagulls. They mottled the sky, pinching the lumbering columns of heavy rain clouds with their uncouth beaks. They were kin to each other, look-alikes, not fond of any ties other than their crude appetites. They were a miniature edition of this old town: archaic gluttony on wings with round the clock cawing. Several of the seagulls chose to fade away to total alienation, quelling into vague and futile v-lines. Swallowed by the vaporous closets of clouds that lost keys and buried the hatchet, what care did they owe to anyone as plain lucid shadows in a frantically large sky?

It was about dusk when Zachary Lee preeminently learned of the arrant force behind the upcoming storm. He was days early, in the offing of boarding over a shallow wave. The water was irreligious. Rip-roaring, diabolical, blue-blanched—it was an endorser of moral dissent. Admitting to a necessary intent for catastrophe, the water was slating to black, and the rolling foam was growingly dulling from ivory to ash. Ergo, with a dicey killer unfurling on the waterfront, the straw-haired blonde just had to be there.

Salt licked the corners of his mouth and stained his lungs. Freckled water droplets pelted out from the edges of his board as he cut through the lasered drift of an ovular wave. His carribean eyes defeatedly squinted to make through the thickening mist while the lukewarm wind bailed out his non-buttoned, taffy blue shirt to split distance from his sodden body. And with all those conditions, he's still a grinning maniac, because that is singularly the fullest emotion an uncaring man feels in great danger.

His feet swerved off and on between where he thrusted his weight. Jaunting one rotund and snappy wave to the next, he fathomed that the storm had nothing on him. Before long a rare sight docked his eyes. He couldn’t be positive, but in the mass of sand upon sand, he thought he saw a board flagged on the shore with a person reclined beside it.

“Maniac,” thought Zach. But, the water snickered with a gospel advantage at his obviated attention, and pulled him down yonder leaving his stranger with no traces, but a word for a memoir. Maniac.

Come time again, and he was sitting wide-legged, idly slouched in Elizabeth Bishop’s car with a lazy elbow bent on sleeping on the far left window. Ashley Park sat next to him, and to his further right had been Tatum Browne. Liz had an ordinary car. Shifty static reverberations of highway headlines blew the speakers, and the tires crackled under the peppered crumbs of gravement. He made easy talk with Ian, but his lexicon for charm dissipated whenever he thought of something to say to his girlfriend. You look beautiful, Browne. He was never a crook at lying. Her irritated countenance did little to take away from her good looks. She was still the all-American dream, blonde with eyes that were made of more than a raw guess of seventy shades. The drop of a near frown that took her Carolonian pink lips or the way she detachedly linked her elbows over her crossed legs, was as much as Zachary Lee was able to observe by his confronting pupils that watched her from the corner of his eyes. The compliment on his tongue, in the end, melted like refrigerador ice. Right now, they were two paper boats: running overtime, slipping downstream, and floating with fragile construction.

Why, Tatum Browne, were you holding onto the hope that he could be the bigger person? He wasn’t the type to take the higher road.

For that matter, he’d feel no remorse dumping all of that guy’s coffee in a dumpster.

He tossed his head towards the screen of his phone, and his fingers tiresomely typed away to the Twitter feed and Sawyer Andews. He looked knocked down today. Blue was his nose, icicle cold from dragging out parts of the storm night on his dad’s lawn chair out on the contemporary white-wooded porch. Out of the window, the dreariness continued to leech on his golden. The sun was pocketed away in Earth’s many mason jars today, and he could feel a light tense stiffen over him when the car slam iterated Tatum’s straight spine of frustration.

“Looks like I owe you that tip, yeah?” Zach said, rendering a widely fake smile as it had left only him, Ian and Liz in the car. Bobbing his head towards the door, he joked, “And, coverage for door damage too?”

Coming across a gentle giant that has given up on a sling specially netted by Death was a melancholy that felt all too familiar, that shouldn’t have felt so personal. Spitefully, he thought it was better to see it dead than see it flounder like it really didn’t care for the pool of water that was just in fin’s reach. Why was it giving up? He didn’t give up. Why was it? He was the son of a doctor, but he disgustedly revolted his head towards another direction.

So, what if it died? It’s natural.

“What a team,” he cattily whistled when he identified Sawyer and Hyacinth among the crowd, dependent on his humor as he got closer, “I’d say thing one and two, but really...thing one over here-”

His fingers stretched, wrist flicking as he robbed the beanie off of Sawyer Andrews head in a haphazardly fast motion. “Has a sprained ankle, which isn’t very helpful, is it?”
code by valen t.

Jack Hamilton

Jack had nodded when she said she was going to ask for directions. Well, it looks like he's gonna be there soon. He waited for her to come back patiently. He pulled up his phone and plugged in his headphones. He opened his music app and started to play "One day/ no women no cry" by Marty Ray Project. He also opened twitter and looked at what was going on. That was when Ryan was banned. "I feel sorry for that guy. So much anger. And he won't let his anger go... He might just need a friend." He mumbled to himself. He saw that Ryan was acting a creep towards Juliet. Now, Jack wasn't an angry person. He's more go with the flow. But that was just creepy. He softly started to sing. His voice wasn't the best, but it was still good. Maybe a little sweet.

When Juliet came back to the car, Jack took one earbud out. "Awesome... Mind if I request a song?" He asked looking at her. He smiled lightly. He requested La Vie En Rose By Annapantsu. It was a sweet song that he heard only by chance. He had no clue what the words meant being that he couldn't speak a lick of french. But it sounded sweet and he liked the melody. He softly sang along. He looked out the window. This place sure wasn't Vegas. He sighed lightly. "Sorry feeling just a little homesick." He said seeing the beach in the horizon. "Whale I'll be damn. There is a Whale beached on the beach." Never in his life would he ever think that he would ever see a beached whale.

He saw some people around it. "Looks like some people are trying to push it back into the water... They might need some help." He looked over at Juliet. "We should get down there. We might be what they need to actually push it. Come on" He said with enthusiasm. He had a passion that he couldn't describe. It was like he wanted to be down there to help them. Was this what his parents felt like when they were away from home. Jack was like a kid in a candy store. He wanted to be down there. Helping that Whale back into the ocean.

sunnieside sunnieside

• filler

Having spent most of the morning of the forecasted storm practicing his beloved violin and getting his head lost in sheet music, as his mother liked to say, Tae only found himself waking a few hours later to screaming winds, flickering lights, and a warm cup of tea provided earlier by his stepdad. With his phone blowing up twitter notifications, through sleep-blurried eyes the teen was able to grasp the situation currently taking place outside - a storm much worse than the one predicted. Tae sat for a moment in mild confusion as his mind caught up to all the updates from various other students provided through his twitter feed & instagram posts. Realising that the lights overhead were still flickering, and the fact that they absolutely didn't have a generator stored somewhere in the small house, he was quick to stumble to his feet and hastily search the house for candles and matchsticks. It didn't take too long for Tae to naturally drift back to his violin and settle between the blankets on the couch. The power had in fact shut off and the cozy living room was lit in candlelight, making the atmosphere for the violin all too perfect. And so as the storm raged over their small town, his family settled in the living room for a night of listening to Tae's soft violin, and the adorable light-hearted laughter of his baby sister already much too enthralled with the wooden instrument.

The next morning had come with news he'd rather expected; school was closed for the day, and the mayor insisted on the help of the students for a local beach clean-up. While it still drew a tired groan from the boy, his conscience was much too good to ignore the called upon duties, and after-all he was going to be cleaning up the beach he frequented most days once school ended, it didn't particularly sound all too bad. He took time to rummage through his neatly organised closet, trying to think practically given the current weather and recommended attire, though he still couldn't stray from dressing up just a little bit to boost his self-confidence. It seemed his mum's kindhearted talks of self-love and esteem she understood many kids his age struggled with had still not quite achieved the breakthrough she'd been hoping for, but Tae greatly appreciated her efforts to teach him the kinds of love he should want in his life. His morning was more hurried than usual and he was left rushing out the door after a quick cuddle with his fussy sister, mocha brown eyes widening in surprise at the damage outside. Tae was glad the car he shared with his mum hadn't been damaged during the night, meaning he could atleast make it to the beach somewhat on time for the scheduled cleanup - though a quick look through twitter provided a number of the other students would be coming on their own times. Then came the real shock; a whale was beached. Surprise quickly became concern at the knowledge that a mammal made to live in the ocean was currently stuck out of water with no way back except to rely on a bunch of students. Well, this would go terribly. Alas Tae found himself making a quick pitstop by one of the small stores opening back up for the morning, hurriedly purchasing the biggest bucket he could find and a hose he hoped was long enough to prove useful. Glad to be a bit of help after guidance from a Parish High freshman, Tae believes he was called 'Vered' on twitter, he drove as fast as he legally could to make it to the parking lot by the beach's entrance, grabbing hold of the tools purchased he trusted intuition and followed the more noisy crowd of 'helpers'. And there it was, an actual real-life whale calf stranded on the shore of their small town's beach. Tae refrained from getting lost in his shock and instead stepped forward to drop off the large bucket and hose, a quick apology following shortly after for not having bought more than the one. He made sure to step away again, the noises the poor whale was making made Tae feel somewhat guilty for stepping so close to the wild creature, wishing to not stress it out more than it already was. Then came the perfect distraction via twiiter, some students searching for easy lifts to the beach, and one such certain student close by the convenience store Tae currently worked at. His long fingers darted over his phone before his brain could even really catch up, but before long Tae was making his way back to his car to pick up the girl named Wendy. The drive itself realistically wasn't so long, but the young boy found his mind wondering and eventually filling with slight worry as he came to the realisation a little too late that Wendy definitely wasn't a student at Parish Bay High, which could only mean she went to Hartfield Academy. Well. Okay. In a second Tae found he was laughing at himself with a shake of his fluffy hair, so what did it matter? She was just another teenager who could use a ride, and Tae had a car. Once calming his seemingly always noisy mind, he sent the girl a message to let her know he was waiting outside in the older brown car. While waiting, he mustered up a gentle smile, hoping for it not to be too awkward.

ji-tae min

parish senior

vered, wendy

♡coded by uxie♡

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

Now other kids were coming in. Vered had lost the capacity to think straight.

"If we can all..." He huffed and puffed, slowly catching his breath. His hand dove into his pocket, pulling out his inhaler. He took a quick spray of the medicine and put the puffer away. "If we can all roll it onto its stomach and push it at the same time, it should be able to move with the tide and get back into the ocean... after that whatever happens is up to nature." And it was sad how that worked out, but there wasn't much that could be done. If luck was on their side, the calf would find its pod and return to life as normal. But if it got eaten under the water, at least it wouldn't be such a waste. "If it dies out here, that could attract orcas, and then we'll have more beached whales. It's better to get it into the ocean while it's still alive."

Vered cracked his knuckles.

"We need as much manpower as we can get. Someone has to keep the whale hydrated, so whoever wants to do that, uh... should." Perhaps taking the position of leader was foolish of him, a mere child with no commanding presence. But this was his moment, the beginning of his new era in Parish Point. "I'm gonna..." He stuck his hands under the whale, feeling the hot wetness of blood on his palms. He grimaced. In the movies, rescue missions were usually far more glamorous than this. "If you help, I'll give you each ten dollars, cash!" That wasn't a promise he'd be able to keep in a timely manner, and his father might rib him for it, but he didn't care in the moment.

The whale seemed to rumble beneath his hands, its eyes slowly blinking in confusion. Lucky. He doesn't know a damn thing.

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

mood

ready to help out

the beach

outfit

tags

interactions: sawyer ( KingofAesir KingofAesir ) zach ( lion. lion.
mentions: n/a

hyacinth

she’s made of sweet tea & poetry

“Oh my, that was rather rude of him.” Hyacinth didn’t know Alex herself but from how Sawyer had described him he didn’t seem like a pleasant person to be around. She was sure that the actress at the time had been offended by what he had said, she certainly would have been. Hyacinth looked down at their linked arms when Sawyer looped them together. She merely smiled at her, not minding that the two of them were so close together. Sawyer was one of her closest friends after all so she was close to her often.

“We should definitely help out. I don’t think that beach whale services will get here soon enough.” Hyacinth let Sawyer guide her to the whale, where others were gathered around it. She couldn’t help but let out a small gasp as she gazed at the poor thing. Her eyes grew shiny with unshed tears as she looked at it and how it suffered. Hyacinth hadn’t even noticed that Sawyer had looked at her. Her mind was now on helping the whale get back into the water.

When Hyacinth noticed someone take Sawyer beanie she turned her attention to the culprit. In all her sadness she smiled at Zachary. “Zachary hello, Sawyer had been a very big help so far.” Hyacinth unlinked her arms with Sawyer in favor of stepping closer to Zachary and giving him a gentle hug. When she pulled back there was a look of determination on her usually serene face.

“Now, we have to help this poor whale.” Hyacinth was relieved to see that others were keeping the whale wet. Since that was taken care of she went to push the creature, trying not to get blood on herself in the process. She wouldn’t be much help if she managed to pass out.

nine lives

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

"It was the storm of the century", said nobody ever. Wendy was used to these kinds of things, or at least, that was what she believed. The rickety old Victorian home her parents blew thousands on froze up ice-cold due to its poor insulation, and she refused to go down to the fireplace, lest she meet one of her relatives on the way. Her night was best spent curled up in her blankets. She tweeted, she listened to music, she closed her eyes to experience the sound of the pouring rain battering her window, and she kept her galah cockatoo preoccupied so it wouldn't begin shrieking every time lightning struck. Aside from seeing a few nerds band together to argue with Ryan (it's been a long time coming) the night was unremarkable, even when the electricity gave out.

Wendy had been hoping there would be no school. While it did turn out that way, it was sort of a monkey's paw situation. You get no school... but instead you must go clean the beach! What a fucking nightmare. With her house being on a hill, pretty much as far from the beach as you could be while still living in Parish Point, that meant she'd have to haul ass all the way to the other side of town to pick up a bunch of garbage when really there should be some hurricane relief hotline they can call instead of instilling free child labor. Wendy was dainty, she didn't consider herself cut out for beach cleaning, but maybe she'd find some cool trash she could keep. Grandma did say to always find the positives in life. Grandma also said that gays and Mexicans are ruining the nation, but hey, a broken clock is still right twice a day.

Going out on foot was an immediate mistake. The path to her home had become wet and slippery. A trench of mucky water surrounded the base of the hill, which Wendy had to trudge through in her trendy, polka-dotted rain boots. As she approached the town's main streets, the damage of the storm became far more apparent. Sailboats had found themselves parked in roads. Anything light enough to get swept up by the water was there. Debris from houses, for the most part. Wendy saw a doll and, for a brief moment, entertained the possibility that this storm had killed someone, before shaking the thought away due to its grim nature. Fish had also gotten into the streets, most of which were long dead, but a few weakly flopped in the last stretches of their probably-short lives, wearing a vacant expression that Wendy always hated, even when they weren't wiggling pathetically in front of her on the remains of a stranger's house. Having gotten about halfway to the beach, she decided she'd had enough if the whole scene, and put out a word on Twitter that she needed a drive. Some random guy took the offer. Bless.

However, while checking her Twitter feed, she saw something else. A whale. People were talking about a whale. A beached whale? There was no way, that shit only happened in movies. And yet, on Instagram, there was a photo. A smooth, gray whale, laying on its side on the beach. Everyone was freaking the fuck out, too. (Apparently they couldn't just put the dead whale back, because it'd float around and possibly explode.) Not only that, but sources were telling her that the adults were doing fuck-all about it.

They were really leaving the beached whale to the high school students.

Well, dainty as she was, Wendy did enjoy a challenge. And really, when else would she get to touch a whale in her lifetime? Dolphins, sure, even sharks once or twice, but there's no service that lets you swim with whales or anything like that. The stance regarding whales is usually to leave them alone.

Her ride arrived in front of the drug store, where she'd bought herself a bag of goldfish, and the humor of that purchase wasn't lost on her. The drive was slow due to streets being blocked off and flooding and all of that shit, and everyone was losing their shit over saving this whale, which made Wendy super uncomfortable. She was coming as fast as she could! Plus Ryan kept talking about eating the whale. Wendy made an offhand remark about what an edgelord he was. Dumbass probably won't even show up.

By the time they arrived on the beach, a small group of students had collected around the whale. It was huge -- not as big as she'd imagined, but still massive. As she ran down the beach, she caught just about the tail-end of Vered's plucky boy monologue.

"Whaddup, dorks." She grinned, and pressed her hands into the whale as hard as she could. She swore she felt it shift just a little.

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Let's Get Down to Business
interaction Stu, Vered Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy Dede Dede

OLIVER DREYFUSS

More people flocked to the whale, and Oliver instinctively started to shrink away only to be pulled back by Vered's surprisingly commanding tone. Vered, the youngest of the boys, was clearly wise beyond his years and had a presence that Oliver was both impressed by and a little afraid of. Whatever he was saying, though, Oliver wasn't processing most of it. It was all just part of the surrounding noise to him, no one sound attracting his focus. The beach started to spin again. He clamped his hands over his ears for a moment, swallowing hard and taking a deep breath in as though he'd been held underwater, then got to work.

Vered, Stu, and a collection of other teens Oliver didn't recognize had started trying to pull the whale from its side onto its stomach. At first, Oliver strayed back, not wanting to be too close to the giant, bleeding animal, but he joined in, shoulder-to-shoulder with Vered and a taller boy who didn't seem to talk much either. Following their lead, he pushed up his sleeves (baring more of his pale bruised skin than he'd like, but he couldn't afford to get blood on his only warm hoodie) and slid his arms under the whale. Everything about this felt wrong, very very wrong-- too slippery, too heavy, too warm, too sandy. Wrong. No. Very bad. He pulled forward towards himself with as much strength as he had, though sleep deprived, severely overwhelmed, and more than likely a little under the weather. With the whole group, thshould have enough force between them to shift the whale.

The tide had started to creep in, the ebbing waves coming in close enough to be dousing his knees abd elbows in the icy seawater. Really, the last thing Oliver needed right now was to be even more wet, but this was good news for the whale. In time, the water would help the wounded cetacean to get back out to sea. In the meantime, though, its condition seemed to have taken a turn for the worse. Its cries of distress had turned into guttural half-breaths, its fins limply beating against the sand. It seemed to keep trying to lift up its head, to no avail, and with each movement it seemed to exhaust itself even more.

Really, Oliver was the last person on earth who should be attempting a rescue like this. He could barely handle the crowd of people, let alone this. The whale gasped and Oliver gasped back, hissing through his teeth as more of the whale's immense weight shifted onto his already injured limbs. His friends would likely understand if he didn't have the fortitude to stay in the buzzing chaos, but he did and he owed it to Stu, to Vered, to the whale.

But on god, he was not going to be alright after all of this.

code by valen t.

• filler

The moment the young girl realised the brewing storm was getting increasingly worse she made a beeline for the second floor of the decently-large house, her 'living space' as her mother worded it, Noemie rather saw it as a space to keep her from coming down to where her parents roamed - which is exactly why she spent as much time as she could in the downstairs living room. but there was not a chance in the world she would ride out the storm stuck beside her parents or wailing younger brother, granted she loved him dearly but there was only so much Noemie could deal with in one single day. It wasn't like she'd be all alone either, no her companion followed her closely up the stairs and could only be the gentle giant form of her beloved Great Dane Hubery, whom she affectionately called Hube. The two clambered up on the soft couch nearby the large window, Nomi hugging the elderly dog close as her golden eyes watched the raging storm outside. The world went black for a long moment as the large house lost its power, the only source of light in her living room coming from the few candles she already had burning and the screen of her phone as she scrolled through twitter. A few minutes more and the house powered on, most likely a generator her father had invested in specifically for this storm. Growing increasingly bored, and her craving for chips getting worse, her eyes eventually roamed towards where her few school books lay scattered messily on a table, her homework likely waiting to be finished still. Oh well, Nomi was pretty certain the Academy would be shut the followng day, so she could always just do it tomorrow. Shrugging away the small problems, her arms circled comfortably around Hube before she tried to drown out the storm outside and get some sleep.

Eventually morning came and found Noemie rustling through a much-too-full wardrobe in search of beach attire, as news earlier on had stated she would be volunteering at the beach clean-up today alongside the other students of Parish Point. Was it even really volunteering if they were forced to go? Alas she settled on something she liked enough, despite the drizzle outside and the still dark clouds, Noemie would dress for the beach. Some more time spent scrolling through her phone would lead to a conversation about free-coffee opportunities via her close friend Tatum Browne and their new possible friend, Colby, who ended up stuck with his bike as transportation to the beach. Though Noemie, rightfully, could be seen as a bit of a bitch, there wasn't any way she'd let the boy and ... Maxine? who she assumed was a friend, be stuck out navigating the wrecked streets. Now here she was, keys in hand and heading out the door with a new destination, and not before at the very least grabbing hold of a raincoat. Luckily the drive down to Colby's place wasn't too long, before she knew it she was parked out front waiting for the boy to come out while she scrolled through her phone, namely twitter. Which is how she came upon the sudden news of a beached whale, an actual whale, on their beach? Her shock was stilled as the door opened and Colby climbed in, a short greeting came from Noemie before she headed further down to pick up her second passenger. It was while waiting for Maxine that she took the time to check in on Tatum, having taken notice earlier that her friend seemed a little down in the dumps, the response was immediate and had Noemie sighing out loud - it seemed Zach had once more upset her friend. Nomi didn't hold any real dislike for the other boy, besides his rather unfounded dislike for their new friend & her current passenger, she understood that at the end of most days he at least usually made Tatum happy, and so she had to hold out hope the two would get past their dilemma for today. Soon enough Noemie pulled away back onto the debris-filled road and drove to another pit-stop, the cafe, as Colby had required the stop for muffins that were apprently important. Though she couldn't really be bothered as Nomi followed the boy in and hastily grabbed some packets of chips she'd been dying to eat since last night - cravings were a bitch. While waiting for him to finish up, she checks back in on Tatum and finds herself sending an impromtu message to Liz. Nomi's heart stopped for a second after she realised what she was doing, or rather couldn't figure out why she was doing it. The news that the girl had been decided driver for their group of friends was maybe what had prompted it Nomi could guess, knowing how her ex felt when it came to driving and people she didn't particularly know. Her surprise only rose as Liz's response came through and the two delved into a timid conversation that eventually carried off in a nature close to what they'd once been familiar with. It threw Noemie off more than she realised as she closed her phone before she could respond, she felt somewhat conflicted, in what way she wasn't yet sure, but she knew she wasn't confident in carrying the rest of the conversation given the slightly almost flirty tone it picked up, which she guessed at some point would be inevitable given their previous relationship. The drive down to the beach felt longer than it realistically was, Nomi still stuck in her head and unable to stop herself from feeling confused and over-thinking. As she parked and waited for the two to exit her car, she stayed seated with her lip caught between her teeth, mind still further away. Despite what many seemed to think of the rebellious girl, relationships were always something she held dear; be it platonically or romantically, they always mattered to her. It was something she believes her grandmother likely instilled in her. At the thought of the older woman her smile was instantaneous, and a little sad.

Sighing out loud Noemie clambered out her car to greet the rain & gust of wind, her mind already beginning to clear as she reasoned that she was probably overthinking way more than she should about something simple and small. Her previous confusion was replaced quite quickly with anger as she caught up to what a certain dickhead neanderthal Ryan had been saying about her close friends, which is exactly why she reached around the back of her car for the shovel. She honestly didn't even know why the shovel was there, certain someone else had once left it and just never took it back. She headed out to where the crowd of teenagers had been gathering, shovel in hand, before she came to stop beside a familiar face. "Well, I intended the shovel to be for Ryan, but I guess the whale needs it more", she threw a humoured grin to Tatum before stepping towards the large whale calf. She tried not to flinch away from it's cries as she began digging up the sand in front of it, hoping to clear an easier path for the kids actually pushing the stranded creature. Overcome with slight anxiety that this might go terribly, Nomi glanced up towards the boys seeming to take charge "Just saying, don't yell at me if I'm doing this wrong, i'm trying my best okay?" With that out the way the brunette continued to dig at the sand.

noemie calvet

hartfield senior

colby, maxine, tatum, liz

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Brandon Lightwood

Taking off the bulky boots took longer than Brandon had anticipated, which gave him some to re-examine the situation. Not that it was going to make much of a difference. There was no time to carefully calculate anything. He added himself to the “Whale-pushing” squad and his first impression was as if they were attempting to push a wall. A wet, softer, and alive wall but, a wall nonetheless. Their positioning was decent. Ideally, instead of pushing the whole mammal weighing hundreds of tons, they could just use one side of the whale as a pivot to flip it and move it closer to the waterline, given the tide would be rising soon.

Of course, even that was easier said than done, and obviously, there was a looming risk of injuring the creature’s internal organs Occasionally it would seem like they were close to making some shred of progress, but there was ultimately nothing to show for it. It was just the shallow breath of the suffering whale. After a few minutes of this, If it wasn’t already apparent, they needed more people. “Duh..” he felt his brain scoffed at him.

Fortunately for them, this seemed to have caught the attention of most around them. The first to approach was a girl. She looked a bit older, but he couldn’t be certain. She claimed that she had called the hotline as well, and it seemed like she also had gotten that same generic public service treatment. It was clear that this probably wasn't the highest priority for the people in charge. One beached whale in one insignificant coastal town seemed pretty...insignificant, for the lack of a better word. A positive from more people gathering around was the influx of new and better ideas.

Vered or Vedred, he seriously needed to get that name down, stepped forward, and laid out pretty much what Brandon was thinking, though, with his inhaler in hand, he did not cut a very authoritative figure. At the end of his monologue though, he promised ten dollars to everyone who helped out, and Brandon would have facepalmed if his hands were free. Well, it wasn’t his problem per se, but this boy just opened himself up as pretty much a ‘get your $10 here’ counter for the rest of the school year. Then someone pointed out, they needed to keep the whale skin moist, which seemed like the right thing to do. He hoped people who had a towel on their person, would make good use of them.

Another girl had started digging the sand around them, to help channel the seawater and ease the path of the mammal back to the sea. He could definitely get behind this idea, especially with the impending high tide. If they made a channel that was deep enough, there would be little need to push the big guy all the way to the waterline. Just as all this was happening, he felt it. They moved it. It was only a few centimeters but the Whale’s position had changed. It felt like his arms and legs were about to fall off, but the feeling of hope and relief overshadowed the pain...for now.

Boots, check. Gloves, check. Shovel, check. Sour straws for Josie, not check. Oh no. Clark frowned as he patted around his pockets for the candy he had brought specifically to give to his best friend but found nothing. Where did it go? He'd had it literally two seconds ago. Clark stepped away from his truck and turned his eyes toward the ground, walking all the way back up to the door of his house and still not finding the candy. It was as if the things had just disappeared into thin air. There was one place where things usually went if they had appeared to poof into thin air and that one place's name was Claire. Clark swung open the door of the house and clodded his way up to Claire's room, he peeked inside the door to see the four year old that was most definitely about to open Josie's candy. He shook his head and closed the door quietly before knocking to announce his presence and opening the door.

"Oh, Princess Claire, did you take the candy from my jacket pocket?" Clark stepped into the room just as Claire attempted to hide the candy under a blanket. She turned around frantically and shook her head with such force that Clark thought she might get whip lash.

"Nuh uh." She assured him with such confidence in her lie that Clark was a little sad. He mocked a sad frown and even let out a small whimper for emphases.

"Awe, man. I guess I lost it then." Clark turned toward the door with shoulder sagging in defeat, "It was for Josie. I don't know what I'm gonna tell her now that I don't have it." He sighed dramatically, pausing only momentarily before taking one step out the door of Claire's room and-

"Bubba!" Claire called out, the patter of her little feet following after him. Clark turned around to find Claire holding the candy up to him, looking as if she had just taken someone's child, "I'm sorry. I wanted some." Clark smiled and took the candy from his little sister's hands carefully, he placed a kiss on the top of her head and ruffled her hair playfully. She swatted at him for messing her hair up and Clark just laughed.

"It's okay, Your Highness, I'll bring you some when I come back home today. Is that okay?" He questioned and when Claire nodded enthusiastically, Clark was on his way out the door again. His mother greeted him on the way out and forced a banana into his hands as breakfast, since he hadn't had time to eat what she had prepared. Clark thanked her with a smile and she closed the door behind him. Clark had to admit he was a little excited to be going down to the beach so early, usually he would be at school right now but he had always loved the beach during the mornings. The circumstances of which he was going under were less than ideal, but Clark had always tried to make the beat out of whatever situation he found himself in.

The morning was dreary and almost calming as Clark travelled down dirt roads and then paved ones as he made his way into town to pick up Josie. His fingers were tapping on the steering wheel as he hummed along to whatever song came on the radio, his affinity for music extending several different genres made him know a fair amount of songs. The window on the driver's side of his truck was broken and didn't roll up all the way to the top, so the wind coming through that was whipping up the top of his long head of hair. Clark's mother had been trying to get him to cut it since he'd started growing it out, but he had always wanted long hair since he could remember and when he finally had reign over what happened to it that's what he did. The rockstar esq locks on top of his head were very dear to him and he had no intention of cutting it. Besides, he had just learned how to braid it and he wanted to try different styles.

Josie's house came into view and Clark smiled. He'd been here a lot over the years, too many times to count. Clark and Josie had been friends for….forever, Clark couldn't remember the exact time. In their younger years, sleepovers and all-nighters had been a common occurrence. Josie's dad had let him stay over until they had both turned fifteen, that was when he started making him sleep on the couch if he stayed over. Clark's parents were a little more lax and she slept in his bed when she was at his house, Clark always slept in a little cot on the floor of course, because he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. But most of their sleepovers since they'd become teenagers were and Josie's and they were relatively few and far in between anyway. Clark missed when they were younger and spent almost every other night at eachothers houses. Clark had the most fun then.

You could probably hear Clark slamming his truck door from a mile away. He was walking up to Josie's front door, long legs striding quickly and with the sure confidence of practice up the front steps. Clark knocked three time against the front door and reached to take the candy from his pocket. He stepped back and and leaned against the porch railing to wait.

Clark
"The candy man is here."
location? Josie's house
outfit? Jeans and the most basic jacket ever
interactions? Josie Soap Soap
any last words? Candy has arrived
coded by incandescent

Boots, check. Gloves, check. Shovel, check. Sour straws for Josie, not check. Oh no. Clark frowned as he patted around his pockets for the candy he had brought specifically to give to his best friend but found nothing. Where did it go? He'd had it literally two seconds ago. Clark stepped away from his truck and turned his eyes toward the ground, walking all the way back up to the door of his house and still not finding the candy. It was as if the things had just disappeared into thin air. There was one place where things usually went if they had appeared to poof into thin air and that one place's name was Claire. Clark swung open the door of the house and clodded his way up to Claire's room, he peeked inside the door to see the four year old that was most definitely about to open Josie's candy. He shook his head and closed the door quietly before knocking to announce his presence and opening the door.

"Oh, Princess Claire, did you take the candy from my jacket pocket?" Clark stepped into the room just as Claire attempted to hide the candy under a blanket. She turned around frantically and shook her head with such force that Clark thought she might get whip lash.

"Nuh uh." She assured him with such confidence in her lie that Clark was a little sad. He mocked a sad frown and even let out a small whimper for emphases.

"Awe, man. I guess I lost it then." Clark turned toward the door with shoulder sagging in defeat, "It was for Josie. I don't know what I'm gonna tell her now that I don't have it." He sighed dramatically, pausing only momentarily before taking one step out the door of Claire's room and-

"Bubba!" Claire called out, the patter of her little feet following after him. Clark turned around to find Claire holding the candy up to him, looking as if she had just taken someone's child, "I'm sorry. I wanted some." Clark smiled and took the candy from his little sister's hands carefully, he placed a kiss on the top of her head and ruffled her hair playfully. She swatted at him for messing her hair up and Clark just laughed.

"It's okay, Your Highness, I'll bring you some when I come back home today. Is that okay?" He questioned and when Claire nodded enthusiastically, Clark was on his way out the door again. His mother greeted him on the way out and forced a banana into his hands as breakfast, since he hadn't had time to eat what she had prepared. Clark thanked her with a smile and she closed the door behind him. Clark had to admit he was a little excited to be going down to the beach so early, usually he would be at school right now but he had always loved the beach during the mornings. The circumstances of which he was going under were less than ideal, but Clark had always tried to make the beat out of whatever situation he found himself in.

The morning was dreary and almost calming as Clark travelled down dirt roads and then paved ones as he made his way into town to pick up Josie. His fingers were tapping on the steering wheel as he hummed along to whatever song came on the radio, his affinity for music extending several different genres made him know a fair amount of songs. The window on the driver's side of his truck was broken and didn't roll up all the way to the top, so the wind coming through that was whipping up the top of his long head of hair. Clark's mother had been trying to get him to cut it since he'd started growing it out, but he had always wanted long hair since he could remember and when he finally had reign over what happened to it that's what he did. The rockstar esq locks on top of his head were very dear to him and he had no intention of cutting it. Besides, he had just learned how to braid it and he wanted to try different styles.

Josie's house came into view and Clark smiled. He'd been here a lot over the years, too many times to count. Clark and Josie had been friends for….forever, Clark couldn't remember the exact time. In their younger years, sleepovers and all-nighters had been a common occurrence. Josie's parents had let him stay over until they had both turned fifteen, that was when they started making him sleep on the couch if he stayed over. Clark's parents were a little more lax and she slept in his bed when she was at his house, Clark always slept in a little cot on the floor of course, because he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. But most of their sleepovers since they'd become teenagers were and Josie's and they were relatively few and far in between anyway. Clark missed when they were younger and spent almost every other night at eachothers houses. Clark had the most fun then.

You could probably hear Clark slamming his truck door from a mile away. He was walking up to Josie's front door, long legs striding quickly and with the sure confidence of practice up the front steps. Clark knocked three time against the front door and reached to take the candy from his pocket. He stepped back and and leaned against the porch railing to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOOD: Betch
interaction

this scrolls too btw just in case the text overflows

IVY DAWKINS

There were a dozen other things off the top of her head that Ivy would rather be doing. Trolling social media. Watching bootleg Broadway musical recordings. Getting dental surgery. Skinny dipping in a nuclear reactor. But nooo, here she was tugging oversized work gloves over her tiny white hands, where they clashed horribly with her bubblegum pink skater skirt. Tying her dark hair into twin braids, rummaging through her belongings for some sort of durable waterproof footwear.

Apparently the school district thought it was a good idea to have the public and private high schools team up to clean up the beach after last night's violent Nor'easter. This sounded like the premise of some dumbass romantic comedy film, yet somehow it was really happening.

From what she was reading on Twitter, where she followed most of the kids in town for the sole purpose of keeping up to date on the daily nonsense, the kids already at the beach were currently trying to shove a beached whale back into the ocean because for some god-forsaken reason Parish Point didn't want to have the police do it. Or the coast guard. Or, you know, actual marine wildlife experts. What a great bonding experience for the kiddos: watching a baby whale die.

The whole time this was happening, she was engaged in a jaunty back-and-forth with some private school meathead named Ryan, known by his cringey Twitter handle @KingofHA. He had threatened Stu, one of Ivy's classmates who she mostly remembered for showing up the first day dressed as a business weasel. Ryan's threats attracted the ire of Vered, a nerdy shrinking violet who reminded Ivy of the complainy glasses kid from every children's show ever, and of Oliver, who Ivy swore was the ghost of some very awkward drowned Victorian child. None of those three boys stood a chance against someone like Ryan, but Ivy was thrilled by the thought of seeing them try.

Grabbing a backpack from the floor by her roommate's bed, she shoved her most work-ready shoes inside and then went to find her roller skates. And, you know, her headphones for some music on the road. Maybe skating through the flooded beach town streets was an incredibly dumb idea, but it wasn't as if Ivy gave a damn about safety. Skates were cool.

Turning on her spotify playlist that mostly consisted of Fall Out Boy and MARINA (you know, the soundtrack of every moody teenage girl with a superiority complex's life), she trudged down the stairs of the Pinkerton group home, ignoring the other listless girls scampering around, and without checking with any staff she buckled her skates on and hit the streets.

Dodging dead fish and floating debris, carefully rolling up the highest parts of the sidewalk to stay out of the water, she zig-zagged down the hill and nonchalantly checked the time. When she got to the beach, the whale would likely either be free or dead, and either way she didn't want anything to do with it. She had been drafted to pick up trash, not be a hero to a giant sea mammal. Besides, the dork boys seemed to have it under control.

They could have their savior moment, play Teen Activist if they wanted. Ivy couldn't give less of a crap. She was going to show up, fulfill her obligation with as little effort as possible, and hopefully watch a rich roidrage boy get torn apart by a band of dweebs. It wasn't going to be a good day, but she would find things to enjoy even if it killed someone.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
Iris Baptise

Iris's night wasn't all that exciting. She lived towards the Hartfield school, but more inland. Her power didn't go out, and none of her property had been destroyed. She did have a small problem, Charolette was terrified by the bark of lightning. She had curled up with Iris on her bed. That was the only time Charolette was truly allowed on the bed. If she didn't sleep on the bed then she would whine all night, and even have a bad dream, which would keep Iris up all night. Iris couldn't have that. So Iris let her onto the bed. She wrapped her arms around Charolette and slowly drifted to sleep.

As Iris woke up, she looked at the time. It was 5:15 in the morning. That was her normal time to wake up. She had to let Charolette out so she could back in and eat. She opened the backdoor and looked out at her back yard. It wasn't fully destroyed. Her fence was still intact. Her garden had taken a hit being fully washed up. Iris was just glad her backyard was no completely destroyed. She walked over to Charolettes food and water bowl. She filled the bowls. One with water, the other Charolettes dog food. She looked over to the door to see Charolette standing there smiling with her tail waging. Iris chuckled lightly as she walked over and opened the door. Charolette had walked back in and over to her bowls. She ate her food as quickly as she could. Iris walked up stairs and into the bathroom.

After about an hour to get ready. She walked down the stairs and into her garage. Thankfully there was nothing blocking her garage door. She clicked the button and it opened up. She climbed into her truck, with Charolette riding shotgun. She pulled out of the garage and onto the street. With one click the garage shut and the door locked. With that she was off. She drove down to Jitters, her coffee shop. She opened the back door and into the office. Charolette followed her. She laid down on the dog bed in the office. She would usually spend her time there. Iris wouldn't bring her in unless she didn't plan on staying for a long time. She needed to get down to the beach front. She came in to check on the shop, and her employees.

Slowly her staff started to trickle in, after a while everyone seemed like they were ok. A couple had called in saying that they had to stay home to deal with damages at their homes. Iris walked out of her office and looked at her employees. They were hard at work trying to get the shop set up. Iris walked out and looked at her employees. "Alright guys, with the storm last night. Anyone who comes in here today. If they need a charge let them have it. Today were doing a managers discount of 20%. Also John, Drake and Michelle. You guys mind running the shop by yourselves? I'm gonna load up on Coffee, water, and some breakfast items and head down to the beach with Margo, Mitch, and Sasha." All three of them nodded. She looked at the others and told them to load up her truck.

WIthin about 40 minutes, the truck was packed the crew was ready, and Charolette was sitting in the truck. The gang loaded up and off they went. After a short drive, they arrived at the beach. Iris looked at her crew and asked them for a hand starting to unload the truck. Within 30 they were all set up. Margo, Mitch and Sasha would switch off, while the other two would go clean. Iris let Charolette off leash so Iris could start helping to clean up the beach. Iris kept her eyes on Charolette making sure that she wouldn't do anything too crazy. She did go up to the whale that was beached and bark. But when the boy near the whale turned towards Charolette to say something. Charolette had rushed away, off on one of her adventures.

Maxine Rhodes

The best news Max had heard all summer was that her best friend was moving home. Max rarely had it easy, between her mother's ever changing moods and lack of family funds. But, Maxine had learned to live and let live, only letting a select few people in close to her. Colby was finally back in town, despite a couple bumps and bruises, and a new mark to his record just added a new story for him to tell. Maxine loved to hear about Colby's stories from when he was away, she wished that she could travel and get to experience even half the things that he had. But, that likely would never be in the cards for her, yes she was lucky to be on a full ride scholarship to Hartfield, but besides that she like would never have the money to leave and continue school. And she doubted that her grades would ever be good enough for out of state tuition to be covered.

So here she was, living the wonderful life of Maxine Rhodes, an addict of a mom who rarely came home. Praying for one good day, and living for most days to be predicable.

Max didn't bother to look at the nonsense of twitter that had blown up over the weekend. She already had a dislike for the senior Ryan as it was. He was full of himself, and the idea that he called himself the King of the school made her want to gag. He was the least liked individual, and honestly he just happened to make it worse over the weekend. She did not look forward to seeing him at the beach and hoped he wouldn't show, in true Ryan fashion, not to show up for school require activities.

Either way, Max was happy to be going with someone rather than being forced to show up on her own. Despite having ridden on Colby's bike in the past, she wasn't exactly sure that she wanted to ride on it through flooded streets to the beach, leaving her pretty thankful that Noemi offered to give them both a ride. Even though she didn't know the senior well she felt like anyone's driving would be better than going down the streets on his bike.

It didn't take long for them to get to the beach, after retrieving fists fulls of snacks, Max's took a muffin from the box that Colby had grabbed and quickly ate it before jumping out of the car.(her favorite, cranberry) Mouth full of cranberry muffin, she quickly followed after Noemi and Colby down the beach to the whale. Stiffling a snicker when Colby pointed out the obvious, everyone seemed to just be standing around. Not that she would of known what to do had she been in a similar situation.

However, she followed Noemi's lead, and began digging a trench for the ocean to pool into. She, herself, was shoveless, but that didn't bother her much. What was a bit of sand under her nails, she'd just bug the custodian when she got back to school to let her into the locker rooms so that she could shower.(As the water was turned off at her own house for the second week in a row. Neither her or her mother had gotten to that bill just yet.)

"I'm not sure there is any 'doing it wrong' Noemi." She stated plainly. "Just don't hit the whale with the shovel." Smirking sarcastically at her chauffeur of the day. Maxine wanted to laugh as the smallest boy, with the inhaler began to 'take charge' if you could even call it that. Even so, he seemed to be the only one trying so she had to give him props for that. It didn't seem like the easiest thing for him either. "Colby.. They might need you're help. I think its time for you to get down and dirty." She nodded to the straining boys in front of her, there was no chance even with a trench any of them could successfully push the whale into the water. Heck, one of them had his entire hand in his mouth, he definitely wasn't going to be any help. She grimaced at him, just thinking about what kind of germs could be on his hands skeeved her out.

Interactions: LooneyLani LooneyLani 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 Mentions: @idkyounerds​

tumblr_inline_oyv994dLKF1tect6h_400.gifv
Tatum had made her way over to the whale, careful to avoid Zach. Just looking at him caused her anger and a pang of hurt in her chest. She wanted to help save the whale, she couldn’t just let an innocent animal die. Just as she had paused to be more of onlooker, mostly because she feared touching the whale and causing any more damage than what occurred, Nomi had appeared at her side. She had never been so happy to have a friend by her side. She was glad to see a shovel in her friends’ hands, which meant they had a greater chance of moving the whale back to safety. Back into the water that it needed to survive. The rain would eventually clear and the sun would come out. They had to get the calf back before that occurred.

Her heart was pounding still as she moved closer to the large animal, it was a sight to see up close, the desperation in its large eye. Tatum could only imagine the panic that it must be feeling. She might not be as strong as the guys, but she wanted to help. She wanted to be a part of something larger than herself, literally larger than her.

She placed her hand on the whale and she could feel the slickness of its skin from the small amount of precipitation from the sky. But she imagined the skin would be far slicker if there was more water. She looked at the others surrounding the whale and they all needed to collectively push at the same time in hopes of actually being successful. She could see Nomi digging at the sand and she really hoped that would work. She closed her eyes and sent a prayer to whatever higher being existed in the sky. At this point any help was good help, even if it was a long shot.

Mention(s): LooneyLani LooneyLani

Harper Anderson

Harper's eyes lit up as Sawyer finally had come to the rescue, Hya by her side. She was thankful for more abled body power to get the whale up and back into the ocean. They finally seemed to be getting somewhere, two girls were digging a trench, as a dark haired boy suggested. With him and Sawyer, plus the other kids that happened to already be surrounding the whale, she was sure that they just might have enough power to get the whale safely back into the ocean.

She answered Sawyers question's with a stressful smile, she wasn't exactly sure of the answer to give. It was all rather annoying and depressing, how little help the adults were in the town. "I called and they told us with the storm there was no way for them to get here. They've mostly just been giving us the run around all day." She shrugged. "I know it can't but we haven't really had enough-" She stopped herself for a moment, she just nodded her head sideways to the underclassmen, maybe if they had been the freshman football team they would of already had the whale back in. But, unfortunately they had gotten the chess club instead... "It just hasn't gone right, but now that you're here!"

Harper stopped abruptly and was taken aback when a boy with golden locks came up behind Sawyer, stealing her beanie like a small child would. She rolled her eyes, was it really so important to have cordial greetings in a moment like this. They seriously needed to get a move on saving this whale before it was too late. It was then when the golden haired boy mentioned Sawyer's foot that all of her hope of saving the whale fell, once again. He wasn't wrong, Sawyer probably shouldn't have even been on the beach with her boot, the lack of traction was more likely to mess it up, and she was probably going to take the whole beach home with her.

It was in that moment that the smallest voice of the smallest boy around the whale spoke up. He shockingly took charge in that moment, well, she wasn't sure she could totally call it taking charge as he pulled out his inhaler to be able to breathe. Even so, she had to give him props for trying. She watched as people settled in next to the whale. She turned to Max and signed about Sawyers foot, and how she wouldn't be any help.(However she might of swapped foot for the word socks, she really needed to get better with her signing, especially when she was panicked).

Harper explained to the best of her ability what the plan was to Max, they were all going to get their arms under the whale and try to get it into the trench that the two brunettes had dug in front of them. She then regretfully took a spot next to Tatum, they may not of gotten along due to personal matters, but she was till sure that Tatum would still be better help than many of the underclassmen that had gotten their before them. She pressed her lips together forcing a smile that came off as more of an annoyed grin.

Harper focused on the task at hand, getting the whale back into the water is all that mattered in the moment, it didn't matter who helped, as long as they were helping.

Interactions: KingofAesir KingofAesir erzulie erzulie Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler lion. lion. @thenerds

A lot was happening at once, Zach had suddenly appeared and Harper seemed to be stressing out about the whale and there were a lot of nerdy looking kids hanging out around the whale, the ones on Twitter hyperventilating about whale facts and how they were supposed to do this she assumed. But what she was more concerned about was how absolutely devastated Hyacinth looked when she saw the whale. Sawyer suddenly felt a lot more concerned about the well-being of the animal than she had a few seconds ago. But then Zach was saying something about her ankle and she looked down at the thing like she had forgotten she had fallen through a ceiling literally the day before. She watched Hyacinth march resolutely toward the beached creature and decided that her ankle could go to hell.

A whole lot of people seemed convinced that she wouldn’t be any help with this because a her stupid boot. Harper had almost looked like Sawyer had just died and Zach was similarly convinced. But she’d seen Hyacinth almost literally cry at the sign of the whale and there was no way she was letting that goddamn thing die without doing anything. Nope, not happening. Sawyer glared at Zach and snatched her beanie back from his hands with only a certain finger to spare for him before marching behind Harper and Hyacinth toward the whale. Sawyer knew like ten words in sign language so all she caught from Harper signing to Max was something about a sock? Oh, she was talking about Sawyer’s foot. Sawyer hobbled as fast as she could and placed a hand on Harper’s shoulder with a resolute smile, trying to be reassuring to her obviously nervous bestfriend.

“Sorry, if you think a dumb ankle is gonna stop me from helping then you’re crazy.” She winked at Harper and moved to stand next to Hyacinth near the whale. She grinned as she placed her hands near hers in preparation to roll it back onto it’s stomach so they could, hopefully, push it in without hurting it in the process, “Zach! Get your meaty man hands down here!” Sawyer yelled over her shoulder to the blonde boy, knowing that they’d probably need as much help as they could considering the seemingly quite large congregation of less physically able-bodied people around them. She smiled at Hyacinth again.

“Never thought we’d actually physically be saving a whale. That flyer was kinda literal.” She laughed. There was some kind telling everyone what to do and Sawyer decided he probably knew what he was talking about so she turned her attention to him while they waited for the go ahead. What was his name? The Jewish kid. Vered? Yeah, that was probably it. The whale was slick and it was kind of hard to get her hands to keep from slipping, especially with the light amount of blood that was seeping through her fingers. But she was beyond determined at this point. This whale was not dying, no siree. Not under her watch.

“Let’s fucking go! Use your legs people!” Well, all the legs that some of them had at least.

Sawyer
"It's fucking Free Willy."
location? The beach my dudes
outfit? That goddamn jacket and beanie
interactions? @toomanypeoplejesus
any last words?
Hyped to save the whale bois
coded by incandescent

A lot was happening at once, Zach had suddenly appeared and Harper seemed to be stressing out about the whale and there were a lot of nerdy looking kids hanging out around the whale, the ones on Twitter hyperventilating about whale facts and how they were supposed to do this she assumed. But what she was more concerned about was how absolutely devastated Hyacinth looked when she saw the whale. Sawyer suddenly felt a lot more concerned about the well-being of the animal than she had a few seconds ago. But then Zach was saying something about her ankle and she looked down at the thing like she had forgotten she had fallen through a ceiling literally the day before. She watched Hyacinth march resolutely toward the beached creature and decided that her ankle could go to hell.

A whole lot of people seemed convinced that she wouldn’t be any help with this because a her stupid boot. Harper had almost looked like Sawyer had just died and Zach was similarly convinced. But she’d seen Hyacinth almost literally cry at the sign of the whale and there was no way she was letting that goddamn thing die without doing anything. Nope, not happening. Sawyer glared at Zach and snatched her beanie back from his hands with only a certain finger to spare for him before marching behind Harper and Hyacinth toward the whale. Sawyer knew like ten words in sign language so all she caught from Harper signing to Max was something about a sock? Oh, she was talking about Sawyer’s foot. Sawyer hobbled as fast as she could and placed a hand on Harper’s shoulder with a resolute smile, trying to be reassuring to her obviously nervous bestfriend.

“Sorry, if you think a dumb ankle is gonna stop me from helping then you’re crazy.” She winked at Harper and moved to stand next to Hyacinth near the whale. She grinned as she placed her hands near hers in preparation to roll it back onto it’s stomach so they could, hopefully, push it in without hurting it in the process, “Zach! Get your meaty man hands down here!” Sawyer yelled over her shoulder to the blonde boy, knowing that they’d probably need as much help as they could considering the seemingly quite large congregation of less physically able-bodied people around them. She smiled at Hyacinth again.

“Never thought we’d actually physically be saving a whale. That flyer was kinda literal.” She laughed. There was some kind telling everyone what to do and Sawyer decided he probably knew what he was talking about so she turned her attention to him while they waited for the go ahead. What was his name? The Jewish kid. Vered? Yeah, that was probably it. The whale was slick and it was kind of hard to get her hands to keep from slipping, especially with the light amount of blood that was seeping through her fingers. But she was beyond determined at this point. This whale was not dying, no siree. Not under her watch.

“Let’s fucking go! Use your legs people!” Well, all the legs that some of them had at least.

mood
overwhelmed/motivated

outfit
ootd

tags
Dak Dak
juliet everett
All Juliet could focus on was the whale. The whale. That poor whale. It was like all of her anxiety and her nervousness disappeared. It was like a sudden flipping the light on her emotions and how she usually acted. It was like... what was this feeling? Overwhelmed? It wasn’t that she was overwhelmed to where she wasn’t able to help. Seeing that poor whale motivated her to help but she was also scared of... what if it wasn’t going to make it? Juli couldn’t put a finger on it, but it was an unusual feeling. She remembered that she tweeted about having a vigil for the whale earlier. She shouldn’t have said that, that was a sad thing to say. Now that Juli is seeing that whale in person, the reality of the whale legitimately dying became too real. The whale wheezing slowly and waving its fins weakly while blood was coming out of its blowhole, it made Juliet want to hurl.

Jack may have said something, but Juliet couldn’t hear. All she could focus on was that whale. Whatever he said sounded like a blur or white noise because before she knew it, she was already running down the beach to help push the whale. Whale, whale, whale... the words kept repeating in her mind. She needed to save that whale. It was so infuriating to see all of the police officers on the beach doing nothing but stand around and watch CHILDREN try to push a whale back into the water. She remembered reading tweets about how there was no help coming to save the whale and the police department was doing nothing to help. Why are the adults in this town so useless? Juliet shook her head and forced herself to stop thinking about the adults.

She noticed some kids with shovels trying to dig into the sand to try to channel the seawater as she ran and quickly got distracted after hearing the young leader motivating everyone—BAM! Juliet found herself with a face full of wet sand and soggy clothes. She immediately got up and tried to dust the sand off of her, blushing a little bit because of how embarrassing that was. Juliet shook her head once more and tied her damp hair into a ponytail. This was not the time to be self-conscious, this is all about saving the whale. Juliet ran once more and slammed her tiny body into the whale to see if her weight somehow made a difference. No budge.

Juliet frowned and pressed her body against the bloody whale, staining her leather jacket. “C’mon buddy, please stay alive! I sacrificed my leather jacket for you, more help is on its way.” She grunted.
coded by reveriee

MOOD: complicated

OUTFIT: ...

basics
MENTIONS:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Dazzle Dazzle

INT:
KingofAesir KingofAesir
erzulie erzulie
@everyoneelse
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee

Once in a blue moon, Zachary Lee felt like a sovenieur you could purchase from the Parish Point gift shop slabbed between the cinder blocks of a winery and the empty moss-enraptured motel. He reminisced about it briefly. The shop, in generality, was full of abundant shelves, but was remembered by the sound of the snapping wood on the hearth and it's all around the year musk of pinecone gala. As for sovenieurs, Zachary Lee was a tonic legacy of crass fire, too unreliable to be stored away in a snow globe. He could not be made a magnet because the index within his marrow had not a wink of attraction for poles, but for gravity. To fall over once and then over in tandems of repeat. Perhaps he would’ve made a ceramic plate or a keychain. But, mainly, the origin of this feeling started from Hyacinth’s hug. It had been a freakish experience to be embraced by a stranger with no underlying means other than pure friendliness. He awkwardly patted back. Because in the end, in this small town, kindness is a gift ribboned in a coarse wrap of skeptical red and not saint white. They were lecherously loathsome creatures. How else could anyone explain the subtle way his father eyes the electrician who had come by with a generator not long ago? Or the way a Hartfield student grimaces at a public school one? Then, moments later, Sawyer Andrews got witty.

“Zach! Get your meaty man hands down here!”

Meaty man hands—who!?

It would be too much of a palaver to say anything back in time to Sawyer Andrews. She was the Sherlock and private eye of Parish Point, unforeseeable forever to the sheriff on the words of a personal vendetta, but also to outsiders out of her social media. Dressed in her maroon beanie that she fitfully snatched back and a baggy caravan-colored jacket, she’d pass for the kind of girl who beated the road with a skateboard and took care of others with selfsame humor only with knuckles. She could’ve done both for all he knew: Sawyer Andrews was a myth in all the mysteries she trapped herself in.

Uncommon, was Sawyer's friend. He could’ve sworn that this was the brunette who had been on the continuous line with the Wildlife rescue. Strangely, she had dealt with their ill response like how an insomniac hides their sleeplessness from their restless night. He was bothered, he ultimately decided. Adversely, it was not for her or Hyacinth, or even Sawyer in the moment. Was it Tatum? His mind grudgingly disagreed, but his heart gave a brutal flap like the blanch the whale gave with a long-winding wail.

He didn’t want to.

He didn’t want-

His hands made contact with a surface that was not grey, but silver. Grey was used for the chained, for the warm and cold-blooded beings whom it rained on not for. The drizzle of rain today came like a cello lullaby, not torrents. He was hesitant to push the whale. Zachary Lee did not have his father’s hands. He was not a healer, but the marginal opposite.

And, possibly that’s why he smiled a little smile to himself, when he began to push.
code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back