• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Lemon Pierce

Lemon watched as the boy flinched initially, but she pretended like she had seen nothing, after all the only way she was going to gain his trust was to make sure he didn’t feel weird around her. Trust and then maybe she could decipher what he meant from his one Tweet. It wasn’t enough for her to use as evidence to tell her mother. She was going to have to work hard to find out what was really going on. His jumpiness seemed like a factor but still it wasn’t enough. Her and Ian had made a pact to try and help him and she was going to live up to her word. She was Lemon Pierce and the Pierces never went back on their word. Or at least that was what her father had told her over and over again as she grew up.

Oliver’s gratefulness for the cookies made Lemon perk up a bit more and as he began to tell her what kind of turtle, she was all ears. He loved turtles and he deserved to be able to speak about them freely, and she was all ears to listen. Though, they didn’t have a ton of time, but she would listen until she couldn’t. Lemon shook her head a giggle escaping from her lips, “No continue. You seem so happy talking about turtles.” Lemon never wanted to break someone’s confidence she had remembered all the times people had ridiculed her for her name or for the fact she knew so much about baking at a young age. She remembered the boys taunting her and all she could do was hold in every ounce of hurt feeling until her mom had asked her what was wrong. Now, Lemon made sure she didn’t let anyone feel bad about their passions or the niche thing that brought them joy.

“I don’t mind. I don’t know much about turtles, but I did work real hard trying to darken the green, so it didn’t look so bright for the frosting. Tell me about these Ridley turtles? I can try and learn to do other turtles. If you want. Or I can try and do others. I’m working on getting better at baking and making my designs better. I uh want to open my own bakery one day.” Lemon never really talked about her bakery dreams, except to Tae and AJ but her dad thought it was a fool dream and her mom. Her mom supported her dreams but also tried to edge her to the idea of a more stable career. So Lemon had been more silent on her goals around people but Oli was quiet and so she felt like she could tell him her one dream she had.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

MOOD: Just a little awkward

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
tags
TL;DR Lemon opens up about her bakery aspirations and Oliver waxes poetic about sea turtles.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
Quiet people have the loudest minds

"A bakery? You would be good at that. You should do it, I think. These are good." Oliver mused, already having wolfed down one of the cookies in an attempt to break his overthinking cycle. "I've never actually had these ever. W- we don't really have at my... uh, actually--" He stammered to a halt and clumsily redirected. "Hang on, sorry uh... yes!! Ridley sea turtles. So it's really interesting because the Olive Ridley is the most common sea turtle and the Kemp’s Ridley is reportedly the most endangered, but actually it's hard to gather enough data to make that call because tracking oceanic animals with such a high infant mortality rate can be a challenge, plus the fact that they travel such great distances. A sea turtle can migrate back and forth up to 12,000 miles within their lifetimes. But they'll always return to the same beach to lay their eggs. Well, usually-- loggerheads have been observed laying each clutch in a different location during the mating season to increase hatchling survival. But anyway, they navigate back using the earth's magnetic poles! Sea turtles have magnetite particles in their brains, similarly to other reptiles and birds, which supposedly helps them track kind of like a compass? I just... I think it's so cool." He paused to take a breath, having forgotten that he'd nearly let slip that his mother wasn't feeding him. This is why he didn't talk to people. Oliver wasn't as good at secret-keeping as he needed to be for his own safety. "I... was I being loud? Sometimes I get-- you know, when..." He shrugged, one hand nervously fiddling with his hair.

He still didn't really know Lemon. It was easy to open up when she was the only one who'd tolerate his long-winded interests, but there were far more things that he couldn't say if he wanted to live. It was a fine line, too fine for him to clearly make out.
Maybe it was a bad idea to come out of his shell, so to speak.

"Sea turtles are the only turtles that can't retract into their shells." He added, this time only barely above a whisper. "It, uh... it's a defense mechanism that other turtles have." His eyes looked a little watery, and he swiped his hand over them before continuing. "...Tell me more about your bakery. Your turn."

code by valen t.

[/COMMENT]
MOOD: neutral

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (peter).[/USER]
tags
TL;DR clase de espanol
tl;dr
Maxine Rhodes
she wears darkness, like some wear the little black dress

Maxine smirked the poor boy was so, well awkward. He seemed like he was watching and carefully mulling over every word that dare passed his lips. She shook her head biting her lower lip. “Oh Peter.” She wrapped an arm around his shoulder. “Peter, Peter, Peter.” She spoke slowly.

“Yes, Max, and only Max, and don’t you dare.” She pulled Peter close to her face. “Call me anything else.” Her eyes were wide as she stared into his. Maxine started to cackle manically. Some sort of button would cause this kid to open up somehow. The more he talked, the less nervous he seemed. But, he spoke slowly, making sure ever word he spoke was calculated just right.

Maxine released Peter from her grasp, lightly pushing him over. Crossing her arms across her chest. “Hi.” Maxine’s eyes drifted over the girl in front of her. Her dark raven hair caught the light, she was a good five inches shorter than Maxine, and well, rather made the uniform work. “What do you say Peter? Are we friends?” Maxine licked her bottom lip.

“Maxine.” She bit the corner of her lip, offering an outstretched hand to the girl in front of her. “My my, you really make that outfit work.” Her eyes drifted up and down the girl once more. “No one looks that good in the school uniform.”

As she shook the girls hand, her backpack began to slip off her shoulder. Once Maxine released the delicate girls fingers from her own, she adjusted the bag back onto her shoulder. “So.. What kind of goods are we talking about?”

Maxine did not take Peter for a druggy, though she had read people wrong before. Now personally, Maxine was not one for any sort illegal substance… Though, technically drinking was illegal at her age, but there was only so much fun she could stay away from.

Watching her mom struggle to get out from under the thumb of addiction was all that Maxine ever needed to see. This made her more cautious whenever she did drink, she never wanted to rely on it the way that her mom relieved on drugs.

But Maxine wasn’t about to kill the party, maybe whatever Juliet had brought would make Spanish more fun for Peter and Juliet. Though, now that she was thinking about it, Juliet didn’t look like the type to do drugs, at least not within classes. She was new, and seemed to still have a hopeful light in her eyes.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Excited

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Juliet sunnieside sunnieside
Maxine Dazzle Dazzle
tags
TL;DR
New people, ginseng and social awkwardness. Fun times.
tl;dr
Peter Elliott
Will I ever be more than I've always been?

Boy, this Max girl sure was... physical. Peter smiled awkwardly as she draped an arm over his shoulders, staring deeply into his eyes as if she were trying to see his retinas.

He was uncomfortable, sure, but it was also kind of exciting. Max was so interesting. No offense to Madi, who was also very interesting, but Max was a whole new level of interesting. Madi was interesting like a brand new book. Max was interesting like a UFO crashing in his backyard.

She warned him not to call her anything else. Apparently she was not a Maxine kind of girl, or Maxwell or Maximilien or whatever her full legal name was. Peter didn't mind either way. He gave her a tentative thumbs-up. "You got it, Max!" ...god damn, that sounded dumb.

Just when he was sure he'd run out of things to say and would have to resort to his "smile and nod" routine, Juliet from Twitter rushed in, and just as Peter turned to give her a friendly wave, Max playfully shoved him aside.

"What do you say, Peter? Are we friends?" She asked, licking her lip like girls sometimes did in underwear advertisements. "Sure!" Peter sounded both relieved and incredibly enthusiastic. Two whole friends! A record!

"Maxine." She said that to Juliet, right?
And... oh. So she was a Maxine. Peter did his best to forget that little piece of information as soon as he'd heard it so he wouldn't call her that by mistake. Max, though, had already moved on to flirting with Juliet and this time he was pretty sure it wasn't just a joke.

Juliet, looking as chipper and alive as Pete felt, announced that she'd brought what was asked. "Awesome!! I'm so excited to try--" he couldn't help but notice Max looking a little pensive. What, did she not like ginseng? Or maybe she... well, she answered his question before he could ask it when she asked Juliet what was in the box. Hoping it wasn't rude to do so, he jumped in and answered for her.

"Oh. Juliet and I were talking this morning. I'm not really a coffee guy..." Lies. He wasn't allowed to have it as per his parent's weird house rules. "...but Juliet here wanted me to try ginseng. She said it has a more steady effect than caffeine, no crash and all that? So, uh... yeah. She said she'd drop some by. Thanks, Juliet!" He smiled back at her, praying internally that she'd pick up the explanation and carry it better than he had. As usual, he was pretty sure he sounded like an idiot.
code by valen t.

mood
lazy

outfit
ootd

tags
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Ivy Dede Dede Stu
jimmy tran
Jimmy probably didn’t expect to be woken up to some morning smacks, but he should be since that was his usual alarm clock. It’s not his fault that he sleeps through his many alarm clocks on his phone, he’s a heavy sleeper. Well, not really. He stayed up late conversing with his humble 200 followers on TikTok, trying to figure out what kind of challenges he should do next. Before he knew it, it ended up being 4:00 AM and now he’s beyond sleep deprived. Luckily, he had a very strict Korean skincare regimen to keep his face looking dewy, clear, and youthful. You are never too young for anti-aging skincare products. The future YouTuber rolled in his sleep, groaning as his annoyed mom continued to smack him on the side while screaming for his good-for-nothing son to get up. Jimmy grumbled, “Mẹ! I told you I don’t need school, I just need to get famous!!”

“HƯNG! We did NOT come here to this country and work hard for your future and we get THIS in return? Tsk tsk you are so bad and you do not love your parents and we come here sacrificing so much for our child to not love us back. I cannot-“

“OKAY FINE MẸ. I’M GETTING UP.” Jimmy angrily sat up which earned him another smack in the arm. He begrudgingly dragged himself out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready. It wasn’t like he didn’t love his mom or wasted all the sacrifice his parents did for him, he really appreciated his parents but he also wished they would respect him to not want to go to school. They sacrificed for him to have a better life and they’re not supporting the better life that he desired. But it’s fine, no matter how naggy his parents can be, he still loves them because ohana means family and no one gets left behind. Unless they’re threatening to disown him but they haven’t disowned him yet so they probably love him back. By the time they’re ready to disown him, he should already be making bank as a popular TikToker and YouTuber. He just has to go viral first.

Jimmy trudged down the stairs with his backpack slung over his shoulder with random schoolwork falling out of the bag. Godddd, he really did not want to go to school but after scrolling through Twitter he read that there was cheerleading tryouts after school... ooh potential viral video? Okay, now he gotta go to school. Maybe he can just sleep in the library or whatever. It’s not like the faculty cares what he does, they seem to be on constant survival mode with the lack of government funding in that rundown school. At least the students seemed fun. Jimmy never really made friends, just acquaintances. He was too busy skipping school to make friends. Maybe today’s the day where he will make friends.

He checked his backpack to check if he had his go-pro, droid, and camera to record. The go-pro would come in handy for the tryouts. Now he has to find something to do while at school, who needs to learn when you’re trying to be a famous internet sensation? Checking on Twitter once more, he saw that the gremlin girl of PB was going to present on the legendary TOOTHROT. God that legendary man.

The mystery.

The guy that should be posted in Humans Of New York.

That fucking psycho looking janitor.

Dude, what a bro.

Okay, he gotta be there for the presentation even though it’s a classroom full of freshmen and he’s a junior. His baby face will help him blend in with these young, bright-eyed children. Saying goodbye to his parents, Jimmy headed off to school in his flashy Lexus while blasting some 88Rising. Gotta show all of these Eastern townies what real music is. Every person Jimmy saw when he arrived to school, he would shout “Hey bruhhhhhhh” or “Suhhh dude” or “Sick outfit girl you are STYLIN’ my man” or whatever trendy greeting he could think of.

He continued to greet his classmates all the way to the freshmen class where different students were giving speeches of who they thought was influential. Neck Tie boy was giving his awkward speech about the old pastor at that one church his parents told him to not go to because they were afraid he’d turn whatever religious affiliation that church stood for. His parents were powerful Catholics and honestly... he really doesn’t care. As long as a person believes in God, does it matter which Christian religion is the right one? Ooh, he could make a podcast out of that. Would people even listen to it though? Jimmy grabbed a seat by some unknown freshmen and posted a pic on Instagram.

Man, he’s so excited to hear about the god man, Toothrot.
coded by reveriee

MOOD: Dramatic

basics
MENTIONS:
Stu Dede Dede
Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek
Meera lion. lion.
Jimmy sunnieside sunnieside

INT:

tags
TL;DR Ivy brings the terrifying tale of Herman Toothrot to the freshman English class.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
You say that I'm kinda difficult, but it's always someone else's fault

The presentations got off to a slow start. Perfect.
Stuart Little practically tumbled his way to the front of the classroom, tripping over every obstacle in the way. What followed as a stammering improvisational anecdote about his own father the pastor. Even Mrs. Flurry looked unimpressed, and she was usually too spaced out to even care what happened in her classroom.

"Alright, who's next? We have to get through everyone, so please--"

Ivy didn't even raise her hand, out of her seat before the teacher even finished talking. She sauntered up to the front, much more gracefully than the Trash Can Kid had. Not that it was a high bar to vault over. She specifically chose this moment so that the impact of what she was about to detonate would be all the more astounding.
She'd thought hard about this. Usually while really high.

"Mrs. Flurry? Turn on the projector."

Ivy was practically jumping with excitement as the exhausted old woman pulled herself out of her chair and walked over to the ancient dusty projector at the back of the room, pressing a button and letting it whir and creak back to life. There was no proper screen to project onto; the old stained whiteboard would have to do.

"Kill the lights!"

The response came in a grumbling drawl as Mrs. Flurry sank back into her seat. "Evie, if you want the lights off, go turn them off yourself."

Did that bitch just call her Evie!?
Ivy usually didn't give a shit about Mrs. Flurry forgetting her name and calling her Irene or Violet or whatever the hell. But Evie? Not that one. That one stung.

"It's Ivy." She corrected in a cold tone, marching over to the light switch and leaving the room in only the glow of the projector light, blasting the first slide of her presentation onto the whiteboard:

TOOTHROT: THE MYTH, THE MYSTERY, THE MONSTER

Showtime.

"As you wander the dark tunnels and caverns of Parish Point's most infamous institution," She began, with dramatic and ominous flair. "Heed my words." She craned her head to look back and forth slowly around the room, scanning each face and making threatening eye contact with anyone who didn't look like they were paying attention. She spotted one kid in the rows who was way too tall to be a freshman. Her presentation had attracted upperclassman attention, as she'd hoped. Recognizing the ambitious and lively Jimmy from Twitter, she grinned devilishly and offered a small wave. Satisfied, she clicked onto the next slide. A photograph of the janitor's closet she'd taken herself lit up the next column. One had to wonder how Ivy had gotten into the closet in the first place, or if someone had done it for her... it didn't matter much.

"Every morning and every 5 PM, every time there is filth and disturbance in the halls of the hive, one creature emerges."
She spoke her lines as if this were some sort of horror movie trailer. "In his gnarled hands, he wields bleach-tainted water and mops that predate the school's founding." once again she surveyed the room for more delicious reactions. "One might wonder when the being himself came to be. Some say he has survived millennia. Some hold that he is as ageless as time itself, that his manifestation as a hallway ghoul is only an illusion of his true power."

More slides went by, each one more surreal than the last. "Where this town once stood laid a town once rumored to be populated by people who walked the ocean floor." Ivy purred, sitting on the edge of Mrs. Flurry's desk and crossing her arms. She was told to remove herself from said desk. She ignored this request. "One day they disappeared into the depths never to return. All, perhaps, except for one." She clicked to the next slide. "Why Toothrot? Why did he stay? To collect the souls of the young from the halls of their own educational confines?"

As she upped the ante with an allegation about the "disappearances" of two PB student athletes, she heard a horrified gasp in the back row. Delicious. "Yes!!" She exclaimed, raising her arms like a televangelist. "BE NOT AFRAID, MY CHILDREN! BE WARY! BE VIGILANT!!!" Damn, she was really riding the wings of confidence now. It was as if nothing could go wrong. "Toothrot has the powers of teleportation. You never know when or where he shall appear."

The presentation was short (each student had only 5 minutes to present in, so that everyone in the class had a chance to go up.) But Ivy had been fantasizing about it all week.

"In conclusion, beware the docks at night, and the 2nd floor bathrooms at lunch time. Toothrot is part of the school-- nay, we are but part of him. There is no escape. Soon we shall be one with the deep folk."

Her eyes flickered around the still darkened room, before coming to lock directly on the eyes of that little Neck Tie Trash Baby Possum.
She addressed her question, usually intended for the whole class, directly to him.
"Any questions?"
code by valen t.

mood: Kat being Kat
outfit: Gucci feels
mentions: Megan, Astraea, Heather, Aisha, Matt
interactions: Sawyer
tags: KingofAesir KingofAesir @LittleWolfie Dazzle Dazzle @PenguinFox 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 @le reveur
Katherine
“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who's going to stop me.”

Kat was rather quiet while Sawyer spoke, whether or not she was actually speaking the truth didn't matter-- Katherine wasn't going to humor her with the idea that she'd just wanted to get to her locker, that was no fun. Although when it came to Sawyer it was a little difficult to know where the line between fun and serious stood, it was like a needle in a haystack-- the second she'd think the blonde had gotten over anything that happened, there it was.

Sawyer's feelings had poked through a little too much when they were... 'together.'

And ultimately, it didn't sit right with Kat.

The brunette faced away from her as she unraveled the sweatshirt, from this angle anyone would be able to see the small cursive letters that stood in the middle of her spine, they most likely couldn't make out the words but it was there.

'Vivir.'

The story behind it, you ask?

It'd been a spilt second decision, Kat and Sawyer had strayed away from her brother and Harper's little movie night while Katherine had an entirely better idea.

But nobody had said it was a particularly good one either.

Before she'd knew it, her back was pressed up against the brick wall of a tattoo parlor downtown. Her hands roamed as quick as her heart was racing.

Moments like these? the adrenaline highs, the steamy make out sessions that'd most likely end up at someone's else's place, that small voice in the back of her head wanting them to do more than kiss her back, the sheer thrill of electricity that would surge through her when they'd oblige without her asking-- it was just the plain uncertainty of what'll happen next that Katherine was practically addicted to.

Katherine wasn't all business-- those lucky enough to find out knew that.

And that night?

Well, Sawyer found out a lot that night.

Her lips found her way to Sawyer's neck and trailed farther down and Kat found herself coming back up to her lips right as Sawyer pulled away, smiling.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"It's something, or else you wouldn't be doing whatever you are now."

"I'm smiling, ever heard of it?"

"Hm, no. What's that?" Her words were against her actions as a smile of her own suddenly appeared, pulling Sawyer by her coat to clash her lips with her own once again.

Katherine pulled over the sweater in a swift motion to avoid giving Sawyer the pleasure of gawking too long. While Kat enjoyed to tease-- she didn't have to use her body to do so. Sawyer wasn't about to be an exception, whatever history they might've had wasn't about to come into play. Her relationship with Sawyer had always been complicated. Were they friends? Not friends? Enemies? Acquaintances? If she'd be honest, they were friends before they were anything. It was a friendship that neither of them initiated, it was simply just an unspoken thing. They knew each other, they talked. If Harper and Ben didn't exist, there was a good chance none of this would've happened.

Believe it or not, it's hard to say if Kat would've preferred it not to.

"Is it that you're not interested? Or you're too afraid you'll fall in love with me?" She spoke, using the mirror on one of the locker doors as she applied tinted Chapstick to her lips. It was a tease, a joke, a crack she'd thrown at her. It wasn't serious.

Even if it'd felt like there was some sort of truth to her words.

She glanced behind her and caught a glimpse of Sawyer as the blonde continued to get undressed and Katherine made the move to give her privacy, turning her gaze away-- Despite what Kat was, she had respect. Although it was hard not to ignore when the view of Sawyer was conveniently in the locker mirror in front of her.

The view alone had reminded her of a much simpler time.

"I'm hungry, are you hungry?" Sawyer smacked her lips in some irritating way.

Katherine rose an eyebrow, clearly comfortable in the sheets she'd been wrapped up in, glancing down at the bedroom floor and spotted some flannel that she'd probably been wearing. Kat's house had been the perfect getaway from Sawyer's-- she'd barely spend any time there when her father was home, that was incredibly awkward and honestly? Disrespectful. It was disgusting to think that some teenagers were so upfront with their parents about who they were sleeping with. "You could get food on your way out." She said, leaning down to grab the shirt and throwing it her way before sinking in further with the lush blankets.

"I have company coming over and the last thing I need is them thinking you're my girlfriend."

The company? Was undoubtedly Ryker. At the time, they'd been off and on for a year-- anyone in town would know that, but everyone knew that Katherine wouldn't dare stoop to the point of calling him something more than a plaything. They were the definition of disastrous, toxic, all around? Not a good time.

Once she'd started hooking up with Sawyer, Kat had surprisingly taken a break from Ryder, ignoring his calls, texts, avoiding him at school. Everything was just... a little easier with Sawyer. Katherine knew him coming over wasn't going to end well, and she didn't need Sawyer here to play pretend and be her knight in shining armor.

Ryker was her own problem.

A problem Kat wasn't too keen on ridding altogether.

Maybe she should've back then, maybe things would've been different now.

Although it'd be hard to admit what kind of different she was contemplating.

MOOD: Angry

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT: Katherine Soap Soap

tags
TL;DR Memories, memories, Katherine is too damn cheeky.
tl;dr
Sawyer
I'm Georgia Peachy, believe me.

Sawyer could feel herself beginning to get irritated. There was like a burning sensation in the back of her skull that just desperately wanted to force its way out. She couldn’t let it though. No way, no how. There was something of a satisfaction in withholding her anger from Kat because it deprived the other girl out of whatever sick satisfaction she got out of making Sawyer mad. But Kat’s face just made her want to scream and punch something very, very hard. How could one woman be so completely infuriating? Damnit, damnit to all hell. There was no way she was getting mad. No, Sawyer was just fine.

“Or you’re too afraid you’ll fall in love with me?” That did it. The burning sensation in Sawyer’s head spread and was now a fiery tornado and Sawyer just wanted so badly to hit something, anything.

Bam, bam, bam! Sawyer hit the locker three times with equally intense force each time. Her fists hurt. Behind her, the rest of her teammates had gone silent and all Sawyer wanted to do then was leave. She didn’t even bother changing. She just ran out the door to the locker room and out the side door into the cold air outside. A voice from behind her startled her almost half to death.

“You seem angry. It’s not a good look.” Sawyer spun around to find Katherine leaning against the wall next to the door. She sighed and shook her head, her annoyance dissipated, if only a little.

“I thought you told me you weren’t my girlfriend and you didn’t need to come to my game?” Sawyer questioned, crossing her arms over the Parish Bay written across her chest.

“I was bored.” Kat shrugged and kicked herself off the wall, stepping up close to Sawyer with a grin, “You didn’t win, though. So maybe I’m not a good luck charm.” Sawyer couldn’t help the small chuckled that escaped her but she was still really fucking pissed off. Why the hell had the coach pulled her out. Fuck!

“Yeah, I don’t think it was you.” She sighed, shaking her head. Katherine reached toward Sawyer’s hand subtly, but Sawyer didn’t realize, turning away before Katherine could even touch her and kicking the brick.

“Fuck!”

“Fuck, Kat.” Sawyer turned to look at Kathering, t-shirt still in hand, “You’re never gonna let that go, huh? Are you just gonna make fun of me for having feelings for the rest of forever.” She balled her other fist and shook it softly before deflating.

“Whatever, whatever. I’m sorry you’re so fucked up that you fried your ability to feel anything but hate.” Sawyer turned away and pulled her shirt over her head, moving to find her jeans wherever she’d crammed them into her locker. She couldn’t find them and that made her even more angry than she already was.
“Fuck, where the hell are my jeans?” Sawyer slammed the sighed of her fist against the locker next to her and groaned. The sight of something black colored in the corner of her eye calmed the rising tide a little and she bent down to pick her jeans up off the floor.

“Kat, have you seen my jeans?” Sawyer questioned the girl lounging on her bed in nothing but underwear.

“I don’t know, Sawyer, this room is such a goddamn mess I don’t think you’re gonna find anything.” Kat finally stood up from the bed and Sawyer threw her bra at her.

“You weren’t complaining about the mess earlier.” Sawyer smirked as Kat started getting dressed. Sawyer finally found her jeans and slipped them over her legs. Kat was done before Sawyer could find her shirt and she was already moving to leave, “Where are you going?” Sawyer frowned at her.

“Still not your girlfriend.” Kat blew her a kiss and was out the door before Sawyer could even say anything.

code by valen t.

Mathias

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Until Then

Lo'fi Boy

Not many people in this town call him Matty; usually his family did (though his step-father kept calling him by his full name), so for a split second, Matt thought his little sister showed up at his school instead of being in Hartfield, but the voice and sudden hug from behind proved to him otherwise.

He looked over his shoulder and recognized the curly blonde hair strands that brushed against his collar for a moment. “Hey, Astra,” he greeted with a light chuckle, patting her forearm in response to her hug before she let go of him. “I’m just sulking for not being Bob Ross, that’s all.”

He picked up a discarded extra cloth piece next to him. He started reaching out to clean up the paint on Astraea, but then he stopped himself before he could do that, realizing that the paint stain was on the front of Astraea’s torso. He thought Nope, not a good idea, and placed the cloth piece in Astraea’s hand instead, mumbling sorry as he scraped off the paint from his sleeve with a newspaper sheet.

Was there a prickly warm tingle on his face right now? No comment, that’s not important.

“I’m fine, really,” Matt said, reassuring her with a small weak smile. “Just a little tired. I woke up too early today... What are you doing here anyway?”

Not that he didn’t enjoy Astraea’s company, but Matt had assumed she would’ve had spent her free time somewhere better than tedious parade float making stuff. He couldn’t recall her ever mentioning or hinting to help with any of the Apple Harvest parade things, not even when they had a few same classes together earlier.

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: ANNOYED

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Soap Soap (evie)
tags
TL;DR being hit in the back of the head with airplanes
tl;dr
Graham Moore
can I go home now?

Graham sat for a moment, writing down the homework that their teacher had assigned. Graham stood up sliding his chair in, he plied his notebook and papers together before he slipped them into his backpack.

Graham jumped as he heard a girl call out to him, almost knocking him over due to the unexpected movement. “My name is Graham…” He scowled at the girl who had used him as target practice throughout the entirety of class. “I’m just packing up my bag?” He lifted the bag that hung on his chair, swinging it onto his back. “Nothing interesting, I have Spanish-“He didn’t have a chance to finish his sentence before Evie had become too bored to be interested in it.

She grabbed on to his wrist dragging him off to god knows where. “Wait! I have class.” Graham barely mustered out as she quite literally, dragged him out of the building. He reached backwards trying to get away from Evie’s grasp, but some how this tinny girl had an insane amount of strength.

----​

Graham did not know Parish Point, at all. Before he knew it, Evie had dragged him out of the school and down the back allies. How they hadn’t been stopped from leaving the school was a shocker to Graham. He would have never been able to walk right out the front doors of school without being stopped in his hometown.

Evie eventually let go of Graham’s wrist, once they were far enough from the school that Graham wouldn’t have been able to go running back. Without getting completely lost and likely dying in the woods and being found by the cat killer. Or worse, a pack of hungry crabs.

“Where are we going?!” Graham yelled in a hushed whisper. Which was practically pointless, they were in the middle of town, it was completely dead, everyone was too busy with their own lives to care that two 14-year-olds had run away from school. “We’re going to get into so much trouble.” Graham stuck his hands in his pockets. He was supposed to have had a Spanish test today. Now how was he going to explain why he didn’t show up.

Evie just brushed off Graham’s concerns and kept walking. Graham had no choice but to follow her, hoping that once they were done on her adventure, she would lead him back to school. Otherwise, Graham was SOL and lost in Parish Point for the rest of his life. Maybe he would become the next cat killer, having to survive on remains just to survive, since he wouldn’t finish high school, and wouldn’t have a house, or go to college, and his parents would completely forget of his existence. So much could go wrong, and he was not ready for it.

Evie finally stopped, in front of a large, open building, that played the most annoying sounds. Automated cheering played on replay, the deep voice of a man yelling ‘deal or no deal’, the high pitched carnival music playing on the mini carousal ride. “This town has an arcade?” Graham’s mouth hung open as he took in all the flashing lights and the overwhelming music. He slowly took a few steps over the threshold looking around at the skieball machines and the claw-machines. Graham was amazed, for a small-town arcade, it had everything you could ever want.

Graham had completely forgotten about classes, and the Spanish test he was missing. “Wow.” Was all he could say. “Evie, this is so cool!” He was so giddy as he ran towards the coins machine, shoving in a twenty-dollar bill so that he could get quarters to go play, everything. “What do you want to play first.” Graham said, scooping up the coins into his hands, dumping half into Evie’s. Graham looked like a kid in a candy store, though he was just a kid in an arcade, which was even more exciting.
[/COMMENT]

Last edited:
MOOD: Bounding Happiness

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

0k_mang0 0k_mang0 (Matt)
tags
TL;DRhelping with the float
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

“Don’t be so hard on yourself.” She smirked bumping him on the shoulder with her own. “It’s a float, and I think you’re doing great.” There was a light and floaty tone to Astraea’s voice. “Who cares if your apple looks like a pear.” She giggled, covering her mouth with her hand.

She looked down to see the cloth in Matt’s outstretched hand, gently taking it from him. “Thanks!” She smiled softly. She dabbed the paint off her red sweater. “I’m not exactly sure how well this is going to work.” She shook her head, she rocked backwards bringing her legs forward so that she could sit cross legged instead. “I might just have to accept this will be a Christmas sweater from here on out.” She shrugged putting the rag back down. Maybe later she could try to wash it off in the bathroom.

“I’m probably just going to get even more paint on me anyways. I just should accept that fate now.” She smiled, unconcerned with the fact she may have stained her sweater long term. Though she hoped a bit of baking soda and a warm water soak might just do the trick later. “At least your flannel matches the green, you’ll barely even see it the rest of the day.” She chuckled, reaching across Matt to grab one of the many paintbrushes, dipping it into the red paint can she drew slow even strokes outlining the shape of an apple. “Well, you are a liar.” She rolled her eyes, a smile still painted on her face. “You have more than just a ‘tired’ look on your face.” She tilted her head looking at him from the corner of her eye. Lifting the paint brush from the float as to not make a mistake.

“Where else would I be?” She shrugged her shoulders, turning to look at Matty.

“Fine.” She slumped forward. “I came to be with you.” She pouted her lip. “But is that really sooo bad.” She chuckled. “I just wanted to see you.”

Maybe Astraea had some homework, and rather a few big projects due. But she could do those when she got home, after being constantly busy, she was rather good at budgeting her time wisely. She could do her homework when she got home. Who needed to do it all during a study hall? This was so much better than sitting quietly, getting a hand cramp, and watching the old lady they had hired to baby sit fall asleep in the front of the class.

“Can’t you just let me be a good friend.” She dropped her head to the side giving Matty the biggest puppy dog eyes. “Just be happy to see me.” She chuckled. “Plus, obviously you need my help, or this float will be covered with pears, and we will look like the pear town instead of the apple town.”

Astraea went back to painting the apple she had started, dipping her paint brush in the can and continuing her smooth strokes to try to get a 3D feeling to the image. She stopped for a moment, realizing something. “Wait, have you been here… ALL DAY?” She dropped her paintbrush on the ground. “That is not okay, they can’t take you out of classes for this, community service or not.

“I am going to speak to someone, I don’t know who.” Astraea started to get up, looking around for whatever adult was monitoring this. Shockingly, or completely not at all, there was no adult in sight. “You can’t be missing classes all day.” She sat back down, slumping her shoulders forward. “That must illegal.”
code by valen t.

Iris

After the crew was finished with the beach, and everything was all packed up in Iris’s truck, the crew had set out back to Jitters. It wasn’t that busy. Most people were dealing with the after affects of the storm. Iris decided to cut her losses and told her employees to go home. She should have done that from the start but was stopped by her pride. They would get paid for the whole day. It was the right thing to do. After the masses left, Iris stayed behind. She still had to put in an order from the local dairy farm along with other orders. Hopefully a majority of the roads were going to be cleared up after that day.

After staying there for a while, Iris took Charlotte for a walk. They didn’t go far because some of the roads were still covered in either trees or inaccessible. She loaded her truck up with both her and Charlotte and made their way back home. She parked in the drive and walked inside. She spent the rest of the day on the couch with Charlotte.

The next morning Iris woke up on the couch. She must have passed out there. Char was cuddled up to Iris. Snoozing in her giant Dog bed. Iris flipped on the news. Looks like she wasn’t going to be opening up that day. She sent a text to everyone that was on schedule to work that day and told them they weren’t going to be going in.

Iris had gotten off the couch and let Char out before feeding her. That day was going to be another lazy day. She spent the whole day catching up on her soaps. This was one thing that she had neglected. It was her guilty pleasure. She would die for her own Billy Abbott.

She spent most of the day like that. She would let Char out and feed her and play with her every now and then, but for the most part she just stayed on the couch.

This went on for the rest of the day. She didn’t have anything else to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now Tuesday morning. Most of the roads were cleared. She had no problem opening up shop that morning. She had to leave Char at home that day, due to the health inspectors visit later that week. She was very good with keeping the coffee shop up to code. Everyday before she would leave work she would even do a once over of the whole store. She needed to make sure that her employees were keeping to her standard of cleanliness.

She hated the inspector that was usually assigned to her shop. He was a real piece of work. The would constantly berate Iris about the littlest things, then when he was done his inspections he would make some sexist remark then follow it up with an offer to go get “drinks”. She would always turn him down or make some other type of excuse.

Tuesdays were usually her delivery days, so Iris would usually come in earlier then normal to let the delivery guy in and take an inventory of everything that she was getting. Her normal guy, Jim was a decent guy. Father of two with another on the way. His wife was nice.

As Jim had pulled up and got out Iris had met him and let him in through the back. Iris had taken the order form and started to take inventory as Jim would bring in boxes. After all the boxes were brought in and inventoried to ensure they were the correct, she would then go on to see Jim off, handing him the order form with a signed copy. She would then go and put all of the boxes away.

After that was done her workers would start to come in. Iris would go to work in her office. Paperwork always had to be taken care of. First came the payroll. She needed to send that off to the company that took care of that. After that came updating inventory lists, then creating a new work schedule for the next week. If she had any free time, she would go down and give her employees a hand downstairs.

Teddy

Teddy actually drove a few people home. He wanted to make sure that they were all taken care and got home safely. After he had dropped all those people off, Teddy had made his way home. Both Gram Gram and Pop Pop were out cold. Teddy had gone to bed.

In the morning, Teddy was woken up by Pop Pop walking in his room. Teddy had slept in and missed not only breakfast but also helping load up the delivery to the soup kitchen. The farm had normally delivered to the soup kitchen on Mondays, but with the storm and everything going on they had to push it off till Tuesday. Pop Pop said that it was time to wake up, and that if he hadn’t gotten up in the next five minutes then well he wasn’t going to be going out ever again.

Teddy slowly got out of bed and got ready. He got dressed and ready. After about 4 minutes Teddy made his way downstairs and gave Gram Gram a kiss on her forehead. Teddy grabbed some food and went outside and hopped into the truck that Pop Pop was in. After a bit of Teddy had walked out and hopped into Pop Pops truck.

After a quick ride, both Teddy and Pop Pop had made their way to the soup kitchen. They would usually make a delivery every Monday. It was a nice thing to do.

It took them some time but they had finished after a few hours. After that was done Teddy and Pop Pop had made their way back to the farm. Teddy had worked for the rest of the day. When the day was done, he had gotten an earful from Pop Pop and Gram Gram for getting home so late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was finally a school day. Teddy loved school. It was the one place that he could go and see all his friends. Teddy was a senior this year so he didn’t really have that much homework. He would chill in English for his first period, before going to chemistry. After that was a free period. Teddy would usually do the homework from both classes at that point.

(He’s open)

Jack

Jack had taken a sick day from the soup kitchen. He had felt like crap. He couldn’t even move without feeling dizzy. He spent the whole day in bed. He didn’t even eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Jack had woken up feeling a bit better that day. It was the first day of school in this town. He was going to have to go to school because they would probably call his parents and rat him out that he missed his first day of school.

Jack had got ready for school. He had walked to school. He finally had some decent signal so he could figure out his way to school. It took him about 20 minutes to get to school. He cursed his parents for not allowing him to have a car. Apparently he was too irresponsible to get a car. This was his punishment.

As Jack had reached the school he had looked over the town that he could see. He hated this little town. He wanted to go home. He was angry about a lot of things, but his face didn’t say it. That was the only thing he was good at. Hiding his true emotion. He had learned that to hide his intentions from his parents.

That's when a single thought had passed across his brain. Where was Jamie…..

Ryan

Ryan had no freedom. After he was picked up from his walk home, he was treated for his wound and severely grounded. He was barely allowed his phone. It was his mother who was enforcing this grounding.

Ryan’s father had also savagely and mericessly beat him. He made sure to hit places that would be covered except for one place, Ryan’s face. He called it a sign that Ryan had been punished. After he was done he would even take out a cigarette and take a smoke only to put it out on Ryan. The man was horrible. He had no remorse as he beat Ryan.

Around 2 AM Ryan was finally free from his beat and would be helped to his room by his mother. She would watch over him as he would fall asleep. He never really fell asleep, but would pretend to snore so she would leave him alone. After he would quietly cry himself to sleep.

Monday he spent time in his bed. Resting and recovering from the beatings from his relentless father. Ryan sometimes could barely get out of bed. He would only get up to go to the bathroom where he would piss blood. He would shuffle back to bed and crawl back into bed. His mother would check up on him. Ryan wouldn’t answer her. Often not even looking her way as he would face the wall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday came and Ryan had to go to school. He wore baggy clothes and even an oversized hoodie that hid Ryan’s face for the most part. They would have to get Ryan to take his hood off to see the bruising on his face. To anyone he would just tell them that he’d gotten in a fight with some other punk in town that got a lucky shot on him.

Ryan ran out of the house without even much of a goodbye and whatnot. He didn’t want to see them. He wanted to just get through his day without having to take his hood off or even talking with anyone. Most people didn’t really talk with Ryan and the teachers wouldn’t really call on him due to his attitude of not even caring for the classes he was in.

He was also a little bit lucky he didn’t have practice. He wouldn’t be able to hold his own with how badly his body was telling him to stop. He felt like even a shove would get him on his ass. His stomach had hurt, and the burn from his father’s cigarette stung. It wasn’t properly cleaned out and healed. It wasn’t the first time that he had been burned and probably wasn’t going to be the last time.

Ryan had finally gotten to school and made his way to his locker. He had put his bag up. After he went outside and sat outside. The wind was a bit chilly today and that helped out with his face swelling.

ISABELLA ALEJA EDISON-ROSE

mood: confused + location: max's house + outfit: xxx + tags: Soap Soap Dazzle Dazzle Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

soup kitchen: Isa shakes her head and stands up. "I'm here to help." She says as she looks around "But we need help...and don't try to deny it. This is lot of work, even for a Queen like you Sunny." She adds as she walks out the kitchen. She starts screaming at volunteers to go in there to help her. As she walked around, she bumps into someone she didn't even think she would seen in awhile. Maxine. Something about seeing her caused her to forget why she was there in the first place, she just wanted to run. She wasn't ready, she didn't want to deal with this. As she turns to leave, Maxine grabbed her arm, and uttered three words that gets so rarely said by the younger girl. Isa just squeezed her hand and then left out of there. The rest of the night was a bit of blur, after smashing shit with Nomi, she went to hang out with Hya and her gang of misfits, and it turned into them running from the cops. It was crazy. She went to Nomi's for girls night but Tums never showed up. Isa had sneaked out early the next morning, giving a kiss on Nomi's cheek as she slept.

Isa walked towards her friend's place, that she was crashing for the next few days, once she got there, she grabbed a fresh set of clothes and changed. Her phone went off a few times, her mother was ringing and texting her so much that her phone constantly buzzed. She just sent her a quick text back, 'Gonna be out all today, yell at me later.' as she walks out. She knows why her mother was trying to talk to her so much. She had taken the blame for the Cat's Twitter account, which was a lie but she was trying to give the group some more time to deal with it themselves before any adults got involved and took over but because of that, she was currently banned from seeing Max, her little brother. Not that will stop her from going to check on him after the fiasco of the town hall protest. She went to the plant store, grabbing something called Silver Satin, a new plant for him. Along with some popcorn and movies. Once she had everything she needed, she headed towards Max's house.

After 15 minutes of walking, she got there but she quickly hid, cursing out as she sees that his mom was home. Taking out her phone, she dmed him to open his window. Once he texted her that he had. Isa quickly walked to the side of the house, climbing a tree that lay between Max's house and a neighbour, she climbed to the top. Once she got there, she grabs onto the roof and climbs onto Max's house, and then carefully climbs into Max's room through his room. She breathes in relief, as she closed the window. Her mom must be still in the house, Isabella lived just across the street from Max's family so her mom could have seen her if she was out in the front yard. She looked up to see Max and smiles. She signs "Hey little brother, honestly, you think I wasn't gonna come and check on you. Come here."

Isa opens her arms, taking Max into them. Giving him the hug he must definitely needs right now.
coded by natasha.

MOOD: Pained

basics
MENTIONS:
Isa r e i r e i

INT:

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
Isa came by to check in on Max. She brought a cute plant. Max kind of has a feelings monologue and tries to process the shitstorm of the last few days.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

Give until it hurts

Max waited for Isa by the window, resting his elbows on the windowsill in exhaustion and beginning to wonder if she'd decided not to stop by after all. He wouldn't blame her a bit. She had a lot going on, to say the least of it... more than he'd likely ever know. An older sister to him or not, he knew there were things she didn't tell him. He knew she was hurting, and had been for a long time. He knew about her time in foster care, her criminal record, the kinds of things she sold around town... but there was stuff she kept hidden from him; he just knew it.
Maybe this was just one of those times.

Turning away from the window with a dejected sigh, finally sure she had chosen to disappear on him, he saw her stealthily edge her way through the door, cradling a potted plant, a bag of popcorn, and a couple of movies. This had been their tradition every time one of them was sick or hurt or having a rough day. Lately, every day had been sort of rough. Isa was even nice enough to keep up the practice when she was temporarily exiled from the Berkowitz house.
Max really didn't deserve her. Maybe no one did, but especially not him.

Once she'd set her things down, she greeted him with the same warm smile she always did, as if this was just another normal morning and nothing was wrong.

"Hey little brother, honestly, you think I wasn't gonna come and check on you. Come here."

He barely had the time to get out a kind but dishonest "not for a minute, Isa--" before Isa pulled him into a tight hug and he instinctively threw his arms around her shoulders. He inevitably was unable, as always, to keep from burying his head in her shoulder, eyes forced shut and trying to pretend nothing else existed.

Max found himself pretending more and more often these days.
At least he and Isa had that in common.

They stayed there for a long moment, everything seeming as though it had finally slowed to a stop. He moved to the edge of the bed, looking excitedly at the plant Isa had set down for him. An apology, of sorts, for yesterday. Not that any of that was her fault...

"This is for me?" "You know I love climbers." He was smiling again. It wasn't like it had actually been that long, but it felt like it had been. He took a closer look at the plant, gently lifting a leaf into his hand and instantly recognizing the silvery spotted patterning. Silver philodendron? Or silver satin-- the varieties could look awfully similar to even the most seasoned of houseplant enthusiasts. "Oh, hey! I love these! I have the perfect spot for this. I'm going to need to re-pot it later, but maybe I can get one of those hanging ones. Do you think that would look cool?"

Scooping the pot into his arms, he dodged through the mess of books and discarded projects on the floor and carefully cleared a space on the shelf above his desk, where the sun hit the wall. Indirect sunlight, water every 1-2 weeks. Low maintenance. Perfect for a forgetful but houseplant-loving student. God, Isa was just the most thoughtful-- no wonder she knew Max like the back of her hand. She'd only known Max since forever ago, after all... they were brother and sister to each other. Always had been.

As he gently slid the plant onto the shelf, something stuck behind it broke free and fell onto his desk, knocking into the lamp and landing splayed open. A book. J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye, to be precise. Hadn't Max been wanting to finish that?

As he picked it up to put it back, he noticed the lopsided white sticker on the back. Oh no. Oh no, oh no...

Property of Parish Point Public Library.

That stupid overdue library book Matt told him to excavate from his nightmare cluttered disaster zone of a room.

And it was that, not the protest or being grounded or Isa disappearing or even Kat, that had him fighting back tears.

"...I'm just so stupid." His two open fingers hit his forehead, his other hand still clutching the book as he swallowed the knot in his throat and looked back to Isa. No point in saying he was fine this time. She knew... she always knew. Max was never as good at lying as he wanted to be. He wore everything on his sleeve, and more often than not it was used against him.
He dropped the book back onto the desk. "I never should have... you know. If I hadn't been drinking, I would never have done something like that, right? But now everyone's like 'go make a sign about it, little activist' or 'you're Napoleon' as if I do this all the time, but you know I'm not that kind of-- just because--" He kept freezing and restarting whatever thought he was trying to get out, groaning in frustration and bringing his hand up to his mouth. "A promise is a promise." His eyebrows lowered. "I had to. I couldn't have just not done it, what would I have looked like? That's what Flint would have done. That's what she would've wanted me to do." Once again he signed the mayor's name as if it was the gravest of insults. "And now Kat's making fun of me, and Heather." He had a sign name for Kat, but spelled Heather's name out in full. He didn't know Heather, and honestly, he didn't feel she deserved that level of respect from him. "Kat said that you guys like her more than..." His hand shook and he retracted. "Nevermind, it's dumb. I don't care what she says. It's over. Well, that's over." He drew back a deep breath, suddenly looking very tired. "I'm sorry. For everything. All of it. For the protest, the arguments, for whatever happens to me tonight at the Hawking House." A single tear spilled from his eye. "It has to be me. Not Sawyer. Not Harper. I'm not letting her get killed in there. If I did, I'd... what kind of a friend would I be?"

code by valen t.

Last edited:

Katherine Navarro
"The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me.”

@Princess.Navarro has set their status to:
Dealing with a situation.

@Princess.Navarro has set their outfit to:
Gucci Feels but rn, just sweats

@Princess.Navarro has interacted with:
Sawyer

@Princess.Navarro has mentioned:
Ryker

@Princess.Navarro has tagged:
KingofAesir KingofAesir TexasKingPin TexasKingPin

See, Katherine had become so sick of this whole... devil thing everyone had tagged her as. Kat was strong, capable, ruthless. She got things done and she isn't afraid to make the decisions to make that possible. She'd tear someone down if it meant she'd keep her reputation, her future, and the things that she cared about. Katherine wasn't about to apologize for anything that she might've done whether it'd been a year ago or yesterday.

Katherine Navarro was many things, but apologetic was not one of them.

She turned around, arms crossed and a brow raised, practically daring Sawyer to continue. "I... Please tell me this is some pathetic excuse of a joke? You can't be serious." Katherine's gaze followed Sawyer as she moved across the locker room in search for whatever garments she was looking for.

It wasn't the fact that Sawyer had caught feelings halfway into their situationship that bothered her, it was more than that. Sawyer always had to make it more than that.

She knew where Kat stood and continued to push the boundaries farther than they could hold.

The locker door slammed and she was somewhere else entirely.
--
After a fired up argument with Ryker, Katherine wanted to end the day as soon as possible. It'd become ridiculous to believe how much Ryker had influenced her emotions and even more so how Sawyer had helped them disappear quicker than Katherine had time to even think about it for another second.

Comfort was a rare thing she craved-- at a young age, Kat had learned her own coping mechanisms had stuck to them, not everyone would agree that they were healthy, but health wasn't something that stood on Katherine's mind whenever she was in a place as deep as tonight. But... at the time, Katherine didn't have to depend on herself, nor her unhealthy coping mechanisms for a sense of comfort.

She didn't need to, and of course, Kat based every life choice on her needs.

And so, she arrived at Sawyer's basketball game only for her to lose. It was saddening, sure. But it was merely a game-- and there was bound to be another afterwards, Katherine understood the high of winning and the lows of losing perfectly fine, but being the woman that she is, Sawyer's needs about how they lost because of a lousy twenty points wasn't her main priority.

Katherine sighed, picking at the paint on her nails as she leaned against the wall of the locker room, her sleeve slipped to reveal the bruise that'd started to form on her wrist, and the brunette grazed her thumb over it right as Sawyer had walked in and Kat had quickly covered her wrist with her sleeve. She wasn't about to let Sawyer believe that Ryker had actually hurt her on purpose now, that was a conversation that'd blow up into something else entirely.

"You seem angry, it isn't a good look." She teased, a grin appearing and disappearing a second afterwards at her reply.

"I thought you told me you weren’t my girlfriend and you didn’t need to come to my game?” Sawyer questioned, crossing her arms over the Parish Bay written across her chest.

"I..."

just wanted to see you.

"I was bored." She lied, leaning off the wall and approaching the blonde with the smallest of smiles in an attempt to dissipate whatever hostility she might've brought up with her comment, although it was clear the hostility wasn't towards her and more at the defeat she'd been feeling at the time. Kat was excellent at reading people, more-so when she'd spent a good amount of time with them. But sometimes, certain moments with Sawyer there was just... an unexplainable aura in the air, certain facial expressions, words, actions that she couldn't figure out.

One moment Katherine felt as if she could read Sawyer like a book and the next? It was as if the next page was in a language she wasn't fluent in. "You didn’t win, though. So maybe I’m not a good luck charm.” She stated as a shrug rose to her shoulders, Kat's index finger touched her own thumb, allowing her nail to continuously create a circular motion, distracting herself from her thoughts as her mind traveled in places where it shouldn't.

“Yeah, I don’t think it was you.”

Her lips thinned as she bit on her lower lip, unsure of what to say and Kat reached out for her hand practically inches away right as Sawyer exclaimed, “Fuck!” Kat flinched involuntary and averted her gaze from Sawyer, swallowing hard before she took a deep breath. "Sawyer--I-- could you just fucking relax? It's not that big of a deal. I just wanted--"

A moment, a second, just... a few moments. A few seconds where she could just... breathe. Be with somebody without it being so...

She scoffed, shaking her head at her own ridiculous thoughts.

"Never mind... I'm sorry about your game." Katherine created distance between her and Sawyer and leaned against the locker behind her. She contemplated leaving altogether, but she didn't exactly have anywhere she felt comfortable being right now.

Katherine approached Sawyer as she was getting dressed, throwing away any sense of respect to look away as she continued to insult her-- although careful not to allow her gaze to fall anywhere but her face. "Are you going to be that petty about me making a simple fucking joke? I wasn't even--" When it came to Sawyer, Kat always found herself speechless, and not in a sense where it'd be a compliment.

In the sense that her arguments were baffling. The girl had always gotten so upset over things that hardly needed to be upset over. She was overdramatic without cause.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to fucking marry you, have six kids, a farm, a picket fence and a dog to match. I don't need your shit about it every five-fucking-seconds. It's enough that all your friends think I'm the devil because I didn't want to date you. I slept with you, we hooked up. That's all we were."

Katherine Navarro didn't do relationships.

Period.

They were messy, complicated, but the more she thinks about it-- what the hell is the difference between this and all the drama she's been going through with her own hookups? It's not her fault they decided to catch feelings, they knew what they were getting into. Katherine never makes a deal without exchanging the terms and conditions, of course.

"I was extremely clear what I wanted out of... whatever the hell we were."

Maybe to Sawyer she was.

But the important question was, did Kat make it clear to herself?

"I don't get why you have to make a big deal out of every little thing."
--
"Why do you have a make such a big deal out of every damn thing?" She asked, reaching for the book that Sawyer was holding over her own head-- no matter how tall Katherine was, she couldn't reach that high and because Katherine's roof was undoubtedly tall, Sawyer didn't have a limit from how high she could go given her own height. "Oh come on, Kat. Is this your jourrrrnaaalll hmmmm? Do you have a whole page or two dedicated to me?"

Katherine had stopped reaching for the book, instead crossing her arms and giving Sawyer a look. A look that meant, give me the damn book or else. A glare could've sufficed, but this made more sense to explain in detail. "Give me it." She demanded, watching her carefully with every movement.

Her glare faded into something softer, and the fight in her attitude was lost in seconds. For the first time, in front of Sawyer, Katherine Navarro was completely and utterly vulnerable, it was as if someone had flipped a switch on Kat entirely. it might've been a glance at the Katherine most remember, but not someone Sawyer knew.

"Seriously... can you just..."

And she wanted to keep it that way.

"Please."

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

• filler

Noemie had once more woke with her mind a haze, memories floating of the day prior and the way things had been left. Her heart still hurt a little when she thought of the way the protest had ended, the look in Max's eyes as he apologised, it had annoyed Noemie at first - why did he feel he had to apologise? Maybe she hadn't said the right things to the hot cop, or perhaps she wasn't focused enough? Oh godddd. It was too early for this.

With a sigh she pulled herself up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, head lolling to the side it seemed ironic her gaze was drawn to the empty spot on the shelf. Yesterday had brought a lot more than Nomi had been prepared for, and it seemed today would be the extended version. The oncoming groan melted into a light chuckle at the thought of the day ahead, while everyone else headed back to school, the soulmate duo were headed out of town. A much needed escape. Noemie honestly couldn't string together the words to describe how thankful she constantly found herself to have Tatum in her life. Perhaps she wasn't as unlucky as she believed. Another sigh and Nomi was up, feet dragging into the bathroom to get ready for the adventures ahead.

"School called..". To think Nomi had almost made it out the door, her free hand lifted to rub away the oncoming headache as she pulled the door closed, turning to catch sight of her mother in the living room, glass of wine in hand. "..Third on honour roll", the smallest of humoured laughs passed through her bitten lips, golden eyes already hardened. Normal parents, Noemie could guess, would be proud of such news, but of course once it came to her, it was surely just "not good enough". Noemie was glad her mother couldn't see the roll of her eyes, "Sure, Karlee. Number one. I know". A wave of a dismissive hand was the only given response, and what more could she ask for? Nomi muttered a bye and practically flung herself out the house, now more ready than ever to get out of town.

The drive to Tatum's was short and comforting in its familiarity, the view of the house brought its own bittersweetness. The life her soulmate lived within the walls weren't a secret to Nomi, in the same ways Tatum understood her relationship with her family more than most. The days could be good, and they could be lonely. It felt almost akin to a reminder, how much the blonde truly meant to her. How much she continued to give Nomi.

This was why the brunette tried not to get high before bed. Nostalgia sucked sometimes.

Noemie parked her car in its usual spot alongside the road, a message of her arrival sent to Tate. As she waited, fingers playing with the jingle of her keys and golden eyes studying the familiar view, it was pretty much a given her mind would eventually bring her back to the hell storm yesterday had been. Specifically, the certain brown eyed girl who seemed always just around the corner, too easy to reach out to, too easy to fall into old conversations, and much too hard to completely let go it seemed. Her body could almost still feel the lingering touch of the surprise hug, and her heart still ached at the whispered apology that fell too easily from Liz's lips, Noemie had been so caught off guard in that moment her eyes had teared without her notice, and while the two turned and headed back to separate cars the tears rolled far too easily. Even after all this time, Liz continued to remain a weakness to Noe's built-in defenses. There had been too many emotions she couldn't place, the day already too overwhelming; it took all her strength to wait until she reached the stairs of her house to let the tears go and light her first joint. It was almost funny now. How long they had been waiting for some form of closure, something to finally allow them to move forwards, and they finally got that moment. They finally gave the last of their things, and had said a one final goodbye to the relationship that had been. And it didn't hurt any less.

The sound of an opening door pulled the girl from her thoughts, allowing her to give a small laugh in spite of herself. God. When did she become so emotional? Noemie turned to watch the blonde drop into the passenger seat and was quick to lean over, glossy lips connecting to a warm cheek in greeting. With her Tatum brought the air Noemie so desperately needed to breathe. "Lets ditch this shithole", Nomi's grin was evident in her tone as she started up the car and began driving the two towards the main road leading out of Parish Bay.

noemie calvet

hartfield senior

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
MOOD: Angry

basics
MENTIONS: Ryker

INT: Katherine Soap Soap

tags
TL;DR Memories, memories, Kat makes her want to scream.
tl;dr
Sawyer
I'm Georgia Peachy, believe me.

Kat’s arguments were all the same. It was always about how clear she made where she stood, how clear it was, how she felt about Sawyer, how clear, how clear. But Sawyer had never actually seen Katherine Navarro clearly. She was a foggy window that fogged back up instantly every time you tried to wipe the disturbance away. Maybe Kat thought she was being clear but to Sawyer nothing ever made sense with her. Sure, one second she was cold and distant and adamant on reminding Sawyer that she wasn’t her girlfriend and the next she was showing up randomly at Sawyer’s basketball games with a soft voice and indecisive words. When Kat kept fluctuating between the person she says she was and the person Sawyer tried so hard to just get little glimpses of, it was hard for anything to be clear. One second she was clear and the next she was a fogged window.

“That is such bullshit, Kat.” Sawyer spun on Kat, all concern for trying to remain calm thrown out the window, “Nothing you ever did ever made any fucking sense.” She was standing right up in Kat’s face, her brows so drawn together that she almost looked ridiculous, “One second you were brushing me off to go do whatever the hell you do and the next you were showing up to my basketball games or my house or anywhere looking like you were about to burst into tears at any moment.” The pause in Sawyer’s words gave her enough time to realize just how close she had gotten to the other girl, she was practically bending down so that they could be face to face. She cleared her throat and straightened up and then the locker room was gone.

The Katherine that was standing in front of her was not the Katherine that she knew. This Kat was small, her words held no strength, none of that immeasurable confidence that Sawyer was so used to. The journal in her hands sunk just that much lower as she looked at the girl in front of her like she was a child that needed coddling. Whatever switch that had just triggered inside Kat had set off another one in Sawyer and her playful antics were completely forgotten the instant Kat said ‘please’.

“Woah.” Sawyer breathed, book still held above her head, “I’m sorry. Here.” She pressed the journal into Kat’s hands, that concerned look still on her face. Sawyer didn’t know if she had ever seen Kat looking down at that floor like she was trying to avoid eye contact like that. She reached forward and brushed away hair so that she could see Katherine’s face.

“Are you okay?” She questioned quietly, not wanting to set her off in any way. Kat jerked away from her the second Sawyer’s hand pressed up against the side of her face and the moment was gone. So brief, fleeting, like the rest of them. But Sawyer just wanted more every time she saw Kat get some sort of vulnerable with her.

“I’m fine. Don’t take that again.”

Sawyer couldn’t stand being under Kat’s gaze like this so she turned away from her again, trying so desperately to compose herself. Kat made everything hard. She made Sawyer so infuriatingly angry but she also made her heart skip beats at the same time. Sawyer didn’t understand why she couldn’t just let it go, believe her she had tried, but everytime she thought about those moments where Kat had looked at her, really looked at her, she was right back where she started.

“Even if you had been as clear as you say you were, so was I.” Sawyer turned around to face Kat again once the brunt of her anger had subsided, “I told you so many fucking times how I felt about you, I even told you to leave me alone multiple times. But, every fucking time you came back to me because fucking Ryker hurt you again, and again, and again.” She took three steps closer and then it was over.

“I don’t understand, I told you yesterday to leave me the hell alone, Kat, and here you are again.” Kat was standing at the threshold of Sawyer’s house with a look on her face that was some weird mix between anger and sadness.

“Let me in. It’s raining.” And it was and so she did and Kat didn’t even bother saying anything else to Sawyer as she brushed by her and went up to Sawyer’s room. Left alone, Sawyer sighed and ran a hand through her hair before following after the other girl.

“What do you want from me, Kat. I don’t get it.”

“You kept coming back and I kept letting you back in because I didn’t know what the hell else to do because I couldn’t stand the way he made you feel.” Sawyer let out a frustrated groan, “I’m not going to even pretend that those weren’t the moments that I craved from you. Those brief seconds when you looked at me and I felt like you were actually seeing me and not a goddamned sex toy. Because, I cared about you, and you used that every time you needed a pick-me-up after Ryker was the ass that he has always fucking been.” She took two steps closer and poked a finger into Kat’s chest.

“That’s why I’m making a big deal out of it. Not because you didn’t feel the same way but because you fucking used me and you used my feelings to make you feel better.” She turned around again, not intending to continue whatever the hell this was. She slipped her oversized denim jacket over her shoulder and then sat down to pull her combat boots on without so much as a glance at Katherine.

code by valen t.

Lemon Pierce

Lemon enjoyed learning new facts, after all every day was a new lesson with new information and todays information was turtles. She couldn’t help but watch in joy as Oliver spoke of something he loved; the joy she could see in his eyes brought a sense of complete fulfillment to her. Maybe because she had seen how people where when others shut down an interest, “Nope, not too loud at all.” It was a surprise how quiet the boy was compared to most anyone else. His tone was one Lemon had to intentionally listen a bit more closely to make sure she didn’t miss words. It could be due to his shyer nature, but Lemon would let him open up and bloom like a beautiful butterfly, it took patience and time. Something they both had. When would she ever get another chance to learn about turtles and make a new friend? All in one day. She was going to have to work on learning more about turtles or at least their likeness so she could make him more creative desserts.

Lemon didn’t talk much about her bakery, it wasn’t like she had any idea of how to make it happen. She’d have to get into school first so she could become a better baker, she didn’t want to be an at home baker she wanted to be a baker by degree and trade. She shook her head just a little, “Oh, yeah I want to own and run my own bakery. Have all sorts of cakes, cupcakes, brownies, cookies, any baked good you can think of. I just don’t know if I’d be successful enough for it so it’s just a pipe dream.” She shrugged it off. She knew her dad would push her to either marry a nice Christian boy, or he’d push her to do a more common career. And she really couldn’t fight him on it. He had done so much for her and she couldn’t disappoint him after all. So, the bakery was her dream.

She couldn’t tell Oli about how her family had expectations, and it was the entire family. Her aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents, all of them had an expectation of her. She was the good one of the family, most of her cousins were screwups, she had heard the conversations over the phone and so Lemon held the sole burden of being the successful child of the family. Of course, she kept that burden to herself, it was hers to carry but that meant she couldn’t fail another class and she couldn’t be the baker she wanted to be. “I’ll still bake in my free time always, but a bakery is hard and I’m worried that no one would like my ideas anyways for all the desserts I would want to do. But it’s fine, sometimes it’s how the cookie crumbles.” Lemon wished she had the chance for herself, but she would do what was best for her family. “Are you going to go to the Apple Festival?” she needed to change the subject and put it on something else.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

MOOD: Shockingly calm

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
tags
TL;DR Lemon and Oliver have a nice back-and-forth about baking, sea turtles, and the town apple festival.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
Quiet people have the loudest minds

"You are right." Oliver nodded slightly as Lemon explained her doubts on opening her bakery, watching their shadows on the floor. "Running a business. I don't know about-- it takes, uh, very much? School. Money." He shifted from foot to foot, hands running up and down his arms as though he were cold. "...a pipe dream." Really, Oliver was no expert on entrepreneurship, and he didn't quite know what the phrase pipe dream meant, but he really did think Lemon's baking aspirations were admirable. After all, her artistic interpretation of an Olive Ridley sea turtle was impressive. He could only imagine that she had chosen this species for a specific reason. That it was the most common, perhaps? Or perhaps because unlike the green sea turtle, they actually had a green hue to their shells and was therefore a more interesting frosting blend...

For a while, he was silent. He'd taken notice of the way Lemon's loose blonde locks moved floatily over her shoulders as she spoke, catching the florescent hallway lights. He seemed to find this fascinating, perhaps a little distracting. He seemed to have missed about a third of her last sentence, snapping out of his trance as she mused "that's the way the cookie crumbles." He raised one eyebrow, asking "Like what?" Perhaps a little too quietly to be heard.

She quickly changed the subject from crumbling cookies onto the annual apple festival at the end of the month. "The Apple Festival?" He laughed nervously, but it was more of just a breathless exhalation. "I... going... No. Maybe. Yes. But probably not? I went... once. Not last year. The year before that. It was very much. A lot of people... colors." His bruised, bitten fingers fluttered by his sides, mouth forming words that didn't quite get said properly. "I like apples. Only the ones that are at least two colors, though. The ones that are all red or all green or all yellow... I do not think they look real. It's dumb because they are, but I always imagine them being like plastic." He shrugged, with a forceful blink. "Maybe I will go. It's better than other places. You should go. Maybe you could make a pie. They do that there. Could you shape a pie like a turtle? I feel like carapace scutes would be easy to recreate with pie crust. Or maybe it wouldn't. I have never made a pie." Though he was still watching Lemon's hair instead of her, he seemed much more engaged, trying to take note of her interests. She'd do the same for him, he knew. If she would learn about turtles, he would learn about baking. He assumed, naturally, that everyone thought her interests were stupid ramblings too. What was true for him, he often reasoned was true for everyone. After all, he had very little to compare it to.

They had only met today, after all. Last weekend he had no friends at all. Now everything was different and strange, and usually Oliver wasn't too enthusiastic about changes. It disrupted his carefully laid out routines, threw off his expectations, and left him lost and disoriented.
This, though... he could get used to this.

code by valen t.

Mathias

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Until Then

Lo'fi Boy

The last thing he wanted was Astraea to go “Karen” at school for a silly misunderstanding. He didn’t understand how she thought the school would force him to volunteer with the float making. Sure, Parish Bay didn’t have the greatest upkeep as Hartfield, but it wasn’t any worse or different than the other public schools he’d been to before moving to this town, and it definitely did not any mutated man-eating mold.

“Astra, no, I haven’t been here all day,” Matt said to her in a hushed, insistent tone, reaching for her hand to gently tug her back down in her seating spot beside him. “Honest. I’m just tired and bored, that’s all.” He’d only been in the gym working on the float stuff since being allowed to skip last period class for it. He explained this to Astraea, even taking out an excuse note signed by his teacher as proof—really, he’d only missed one class and didn’t mind one bit. Didn’t she notice him in Spanish class this morning?

Believe it or not, Astraea was actually pretty smart, but sometimes she wasn’t quite so perceptive about a few times—it was the only nicest way he could think of it. Matt had always found that trait kind of endearing, though.

“Anyway, do you have anything you thought about doing after school? Or whatever for the rest of the year?”

Anything to change the subject, he silently prayed. He almost considered painting his pears into pineapples if it helped distract Astraea somehow.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
MOOD: Yessssss!!!

basics
MENTIONS: N/A

INT: Graham, Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR We're at the arcade, boys
tl;dr
Genevieve
All the other kids, with the pumped up kicks, you better run betta'run.

"Where are we going?"

Where? Oh, only the greatest place in this damn town, it'd taken her barely a few weeks in this god forsaken disgustingly boring town but she thanks the heavens that she practically found the landmine of arcades. Evie didn't say anything, her grin had just widened as she continued to drag him off down a few blocks. Small towns were easy enough to figure your way around, Evie's just lucky her mother wasn't completely overbearing and didn't allow her to explore the town on her own or else she wouldn't of found it.

Most of Genevieve's time was spent either here or at the skate park. She always hated going back to the house, Evie would stay in her room as long as she was home. It just felt so... tense there. Even when things were good too, it just felt fucked up in all kinds of ways. Maybe it was because she didn't like Robert, or the fact that... the little mansion didn't really feel like her own home to be comfortable in, who knows.

At least she didn't have to think about stupid school, shitface Robert, or... whatever else that'd probably piss her off.

She gestured towards the building and watched Graham practically run into the thing, and Evie was actually proud of her own choosing of her ditching buddy today. At least he didn't complain the whole way or cry about what's gonna happen if they got in trouble. They could just enjoy it.

Evie found herself smiling at the boy's dumb antics and she shrugged.

"What can I say? I'm just that cool."

Oh, whatever.

She was! If it wasn't for her, Graham would've been failing some test right now probably, a nerd or not... he didn't seem all that smart. Oh, c'mon give her a break. At least she's not being a bitch to his face. She hadn't expected him to pay for the coins either, but Evie wasn't exactly going to turn it away as Graham dumped a ton of coins in her hands, coins that she shoved into her overly large jacket.

She couldn't carry all of that around.

"Dude, there's this racing thing and I'm literally-- the best at. I got like, the high score." It was really easy for the girl to go on and on about what she was excited about, once you brought up a topic she was obsessed with it was hard to shut the tiny girl up unless a change of subject had come up, as long as that person was sharing a common interest with her, it'd be a cool, calm and collected conversation.

She ran towards one of the machines just as some kid hopped off of them.

Perfect.

Evie threw some quarters in for the both of them and made sure to press two players. "Come on, hurry hurry." She urged him to get onto the seat before hopping into her own and adjusting it so her feet would hit the petals. She eyed the keypad near it and punched in a few numbers-- her birthday of course, and suddenly a black car with purple flames appeared onto the screen, clearly almost fully upgraded.

It was badass as fuck.

Graham didn't stand a chance against Evie.

Go!

Genevieve's foot hit the peels as quickly as possible, allowing herself to get a special sort of boost and soon enough she was already in second place, all she had to do was-- "What?!" She exclaimed. How the hell did he get into first place? Was this some kinda stupid new player thing? That wasn't fair!

No, no, no.

She would not stand for this injustice.

Evie spammed the boost button three whole times-- yup, she used ALL her boost just to get into first place, at this rate? She wouldn't of beat Graham if she kicked him in the shin as they were driving to the finish line. She was desperate and her gaze flickered across the whole screen until she found the shortcut. Yes, the shortcut. The shortcut that everyone rumors about on this map but she's never seen it until now.

But she didn't have anymore boost!

Oh no, oh no.

She mess--

Hey!

A stupid bot had bumped into her with their own boost and suddenly Evie's car went flying off the ramp, landing right in front of Graham's and continued down the road right as she saw the finish line.

Winner!

Evie jumped out of her chair with a fist in the air. "Hahahah, yesssss! Did you see how sick that was? That was freaking incredible! ... told ya, I'm the best." Alright, so maybe she didn't plan any of that and the girl had just gotten oh-so-extremely lucky but she wasn't about to admit that to Graham! What kind of a fraud she'd seem like? Everyone in this arcade knew she was was... okay, maybe that was a lie and they'd known her as

Sk8terb0y on the leaderboard but still.

"Alright, little guy. What's next?"
code by valen t.

MOOD: awake and happy

basics
MENTIONS:
@freshmenatpresentation

INT:
open
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Meera Desai
Be a little clumsy.

Ever chase after a bus down the street?

Meera Desai could see the back of it. It had an overdone mustard yellow rear with tailights that funnel rogue reds and yellows. The windows, powdered in coaxes of a lifetime of dust, shielded out peering shadows of other kids. Perceptions had to be kept to a minimum for the gasoline pumped steams, and subsequently the bus began to fume away. At once, Meera determinedly set off. Her tennis shoes-padded with pelleted sand from the party’s events-sacked the dry pavement slab as the bus began rolling. In long sprints, she zipped her hair into a ponytail, her rubber band purely missing doublets and couplets of the plumes of her henna brown hair. Breaking the gust of wind, her hands folded around the straps of the backpack to settle the rebounding up and down motion of her books within. Meera Desai envisioned herself as the woman of the hour, the..the Flash, was it? Graham had an amazing choice in shows.

He kissed her cheek!!!

Validly, she was something alright. Madness, frankly.

A caffeine addict couldn’t have had the same spirit. Lunging through her running, her hands ominously rose to excessively waving. Eventually, the driver became galled by it.

The wheels that had just begun tumbling black screeched, and the doors of the bus greased open with a click. Instantly, her feet glided on their own to the opening. She proceeded to grip the stiff handles and heave herself onto the bus.

The driver wasn’t looking for a high-five, but rather looking forward to drawing the switch to draw back the door, but Meera Desai slapped his palm anyways, cursing her knees for the wobbly state it was witnessing.

“Ah, hello!” she apologized to the people on the bus, frizzing out her hair. Smiling warmly, she apologized, “Sorry for that. Uhm... I took my clothes, socks, and put my homework in my backpack last night even after coming home late from my Cousin Preeti’s wedding this weekend. Something must’ve gone wrong with my alarm-”

The bus had the ambiance to her first plane ride. The faces staring back at her were wearied, strewn together with thin lines and dark eyebrows. A foreigner, she feared, they’d call out.

She clapped her hands, before elaborating, “ But, nice run...back there..right?”

“Hey, kiddo, can you find a seat?” interrupted the driver in a chalked voice.

“Oh, right you are...Mr.driver. Sorry again everyone,” Meera gave an awkward nod and shuffled down the aisle. Finding a seat was always difficult when the bus was full and or reserved by others. She ended up on a seat next to another girl who had reluctantly taken out an ear bud out of her ear and had proceeded to ask why she had been gloating still.

Sometime in the morning, she found herself in Mrs.Flurry’s class. She had tried her best to remain attentive, her leg jotting nonstop under the panel of the desk . Majorly, she found herself entertained, sitting upright with a pencil tapping against her lip. For someone who belittled herself to a small circle of acquaintances, it was a tour of culture to know more people. The presentations continued, toning from one person to the next, but without retention of details, her mind slowly became a wanderer. Was it weird she half-expected Graham to appear out of thin air? Was he okay?

Minutes into her quiet thoughts about her family and others had made her as a depiction of a half gawking idiot.The slip of drool sliding from the corner of her mouth to the edge of her palm broke her trance. Then, with guilt, she realized that the boy who had just began presenting had already ended it. What had it been on? The pastor?

Thereafter, a small brunette began her presentation on Herman Toothrot next. This presentation consumed her whether it was due to the articulation of Ivy’s story-telling or the story of the old man itself. Did a fishman even exist? Per contrast to the others, Meera’s eyes softened towards the old man portrayed in the powerpoint.

Was it bad that she thought he’d make a good grandpa friend? The guy who you could enjoy samosas and chaat with?

Would she go? What was it they called it...sneaking out?

code by valen t.

MOOD: Excited

OUTFIT:

basics
TL;DR Ashley gives her speech about Carol, leaves, and hugs her friend, Dustin.
tl;dr
Ashley Park
Someone help me, it’s not healthy for me to feel this way.
“Asheleley it’s your turn.”

The girl stood up, feeling a bit of a pit in her stomach. It was somewhat encouraging that the teacher didn’t know her name, easy to remember as it may be. It gave her hope that perhaps she wouldn’t remember it.

There were certain things that Ashley was confident in. Standing up against her enemies was one of them. But as Dumbledore said. “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, and an even greater deal to stand up to your friends.” That wasn’t courage she had ever possessed.

She could cuss out Evie like nobody’s business, but she just might faint if she had to admit to Oliver she was slightly uncomfortable with his stabbing habits.

Similarly, she could feel exhilarated for public speaking, but as soon as it was her time to shine, she felt like throwing up.

“Let’s do this!” She forced a smile on her face, hoping adrenaline would take over and get her through this, as it had done many times before. “An influential figure in this town for me is........” she began drumming on her desk for dramatic impact, “Carol Harris!”

She turned to face the class which, as expected had quite a few people amused by her statement. “You may laugh, but think about it. Who can elicit a reaction from the youth on the internet like Carol? Much like Toothrot, she takes on many forms. Is she a lovely lady who loves God? Is she a misguided Christian, with good intents, but goes about it the wrong way? Is she a disgusting bigot? Is she simply a meme for us to not take too seriously?” She questioned, a genuine smile spreading to her face as she got into the groove.

“Though you may know her as a church lady, the one thing you might not know about her is that she’s something of a businesswoman. Some would also prefer to call her a con artist. The product that she advertisers is most commonly known as.......skinny coffee.” She fished a tumbler out of her bag. “Feel free to take a sip.” she offered. She’d tried it herself yesterday, and found that it caused immense diarrhea. She’d always been prone to have negative reactions to caffeine, so she was sure the issue wasn’t the coffee itself.

“You may be still wondering. What influence does this lady have? Well I ask you this. Is there anybody in this room who is merely apathetic to her? Has she never ever driven you to do anything, whether it be serve in church, confront her in the dms, or even buy skinny coffee? Does influence have to be solely positive? Carol Harris is a lot of things but uninfluential isn’t one of them.” She took a deep breath, and sat down at her desk once more.

That wasn’t so bad was it?

A couple other students gave their speeches, and then class was over. Ashley perked up immediately. She was getting closer and closer to cheer tryouts in the afternoon.

Determined to make the day go by as quickly as possible, she was among the first to exit the classroom. She would’ve headed elsewhere if not for noticing a familiar face.

“Dusty!” She grinned, beginning her mad dash to clobber her friend in a hug. As anyone who actually knew her could attest she loved being affectionate. Unfortunately she’d had to restrain that sort of behavior when she’d began hanging out with the nerds.

“I haven’t seen you in forever!” She squealed, though truly it had only been four days.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
Stu
bYmnBwo.gif

Stu was stressing away at the possibility of going to summer school when Ivy pranced to the front and the lights were dimmed. The juxtaposition was unkind. You could tell from her stride that, unlike Stu, she was far from clueless and had spent many sleepless nights preparing her presentation. Ivy was a superior creature than he in every respect, in character as in intellect, that it was a crime they were even in the same class or of the same age or giving a speech on the same subject!

But Stu could not wallow in self pity or begrudge forever. He was sitting in suspense on the back legs of his chair to hear Ivy’s great speech. The look of horror was plastered on his face as that girl built an irrefutable case for Herman Toothrot being a hallway ghoul who sucked out the souls of unfortunate children.

Was it possible that the stories were a little... exaggerated? Yes. Did Stu think they were exaggerated? No.

For a long time while Ashley was giving her speech on Carol, Stu was still thinking about Toothrot. He had met him once in the stairwell and—he offered him Kit Kats and—that man didn’t even accept it!!! Who in their right mind says no to free Kit Kats? Nobody! Plus, he had the coldest eyes that bespoke evil, and he was even holding that mop Ivy mentioned. What if the sea monster had sucked out his soul then and there? To think how close Stu actually came to being dead!!!

At the end of class he rushed over to Vered’s desk to share his theory, before that boy was even up on his feet.

“What if he’s like a murderer or something, like—?”

The two boys walked out into the corridor together.

“Maybe he’s just being a janitor, like, to find his new victims... You know all those missing people. Maybe he kills them and cuts them up and dumps all the pieces in the ocean... when he goes out on his boat!!”

It was a strong theory that made Stu feel like a detective of sorts, and made him sound a lot more intelligent and perceptive than he usually was.

“I bet he’s hiding something though. And what if he’s that cat killer everyone’s talking about?”

What heartless monster could kill cats like that? Those poor kittens. Stu was pale and gulped dryly to have cracked the mystery, stammering.

"It has to be him... right?"

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift tamarapasek tamarapasek lion. lion. sunnieside sunnieside Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

MOOD: Ecstatic

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Soap Soap (evie)
tags
TL;DR Playing skeeball
tl;dr
Graham Moore
can I go home now?

“Bet.” Graham nodded and followed after Evie without another thought. Little did she know, he used to live in the arcade at home. If he wasn’t at the dance studio, or practicing for cheer at the rec center. Graham found himself at the arcade in town. Though, the one back in Anchor Bay was nowhere near the size of this one. Only a few racing games, ski-ball, and claw machines of course. He was the master of all of them.

He shove the other half of the quarters into his pockets as he ran after Evie towards the racing game. The jingling in his pockets could be heard from a mile away as he took the seat next to Evie in his own car. He adjusted the seat so that he could reach the peddles himself. Whoever had been on that car last had to have been like 6’3”.

“You’re on.” He looked over his shoulder at Evie who was already completely zoned in to the game in front of her. ‘alright then’ he thought. He wasn’t even slightly worried about taking on Evie, very comfortably prepared to win. She underestimated him.

Graham easily slid into first place, he had picked a blue speed racer, with yellow lightning bolts, that many people would look over as it wasn’t as flashy as many of the other choices, but it was the easiest to maneuver without flying off the edge of the map.

Graham stuck his tongue out biting it between his teeth as to hold back a large smile as Evie reacted to his quick movement to first place. He planned to hold it too.

Graham had used his speeds boosts early on, leaving him empty for the last lap. But, he was safe, so far ahead of Evie he let his guard down. Taking it easy as he reached the finish line. “Eat. Your. Words.” He pressed his lips together smirking right when he was a few feet from crossing the line.

Suddenly, a purple car flew over him, hitting the ground right in front of him. Crossing the finish line before he even had a chance. “Cheater.” He turned to face Evie. “How did you even do that!!” He laughed shaking his head. “My turn to pick a game.” He swung his legs out of the car standing up he ran over to the skee ball machines. “Alright Skaterboy, lets see what you’ve got.” Graham smirked dropping the quarters into the machines that rested next to each other. Smirking, he lifted one of the balls and rolled it in his hands. Rolling it up the ramp and hitting it right into the 100 point pocket.

“This, is my game.” He pressed his tongue into the side of his cheek. 50, 50, 100, 100, 30, damn that one hurt. 100, last ball, Evie wasn’t far behind either. Obvious she had spent as much time in arcades as he had. It was fun, to have competition, he was usually playing against himself or the computers. That just became too easy to beat at one point.

He needed one last 100, Evie was only 30 points behind him. If he missed this 100, and she got anything higher than a 30, she would win and Graham could not let that happen. He took a deep breath lifting the ball to eye level. Dropping it backwards swinging back forward. Graham held his breath as the ball rolled up the ramp, hitting the grate on the top his eyes went wide. If he lost this, he might just cry.

Somehow, the ball bounced off the grate and into the 100 pocket. He jumped up and down, copying the moves that Evie had done as she won the racing game. “Beat that.” He smirked bumping his shoulder into hers. When Evie tossed her last ball it landed in the 100 pocket. Graham jumped around for her too, with shouts of excitement. “This is so much fun! I like having real competition, makes me actually want to try.”

“Where to next, Evie?” Graham spun around looking at everything that surrounded the two of them. “It’s your turn to pick.”
[/COMMENT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back