• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Bounding Happiness

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
Soap Soap (kat)
0k_mang0 0k_mang0 (Matt)
tags
TL;DR painting the float
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

Astraea was entirely distracted, trying to find a teach or rather anyone. To yell at. It wasn’t until she felt Matt’s hand bring her back to the present. Slowly guiding her back to the spot that she had left. His calm self brought her back to a relaxed state. “Oh.. Well that’s good.” She smiled, no longer looking like she was about to tear someone’s head off.

She shrugged it off, turning her attention back to the float. Continuing to paint the apples on the float. Painting was just so relaxing; she could feel the heat of the blood that rushed to her face slowly cooling back down. She looked over to Matt’s pear, smiling while she shook her head. “Here. Let me help.” She placed her own brush down and placed a hand over Matty’s while she helped guide his brush strokes to make his apple rounder and less pearish. “See, you could be Picasso.”

Astraea took her hand off of Matty’s, picking her own brush back up he asked a question that Astraea may have been hoping to avoid telling Matty about her plans to tryout for cheer. She had a feeling that she knew exactly how he was going to respond to it too. “Your sister invited me over for Sushi tonight, so that’s one plan…” Astraea pinched her lips together. “Avoiding my parents, getting good grades here.”

“Possibly trying out for cheer.” She mumbled under her breath. She looked up from the painting, biting her lower lip. She shrugged her shoulders looking up at Matty. “Please don’t hate me.”

“I just… I want to be close with Kat again…” She bit the inside of her cheek. Hoping that Matty wouldn’t be too upset with her. Astraea missed what they used to be before Kat became popular and cool. The three of them used to be best friends. When they’d go after school for ice cream, or chase Matty around the park. Astraea missed her best friend, and wished that Kat hadn’t chose other people over them. Astraea and Matty loved Kat for who she used to be.

Not who she became.
code by valen t.

Hat.gif

The blaring alarm that caused Elizabeth Bishop's eyes to snap open was quickly and mercilessly silenced with random poundings by the girl's fist. Despite being in her own bed she still barely slept a wink. Her mind was flooded with anxieties about her mother and thoughts of her ex. After the protest yesterday Liz had met up with Nomi to return her sweatshirt and get her house key back. It felt sickening to do but they weren't together anymore and that was something that eventually had to be accepted, right? Then why was she always on her mind? To make matters worse Liz had to go and lose control of her motor functions and hug her ex. It lingered almost assuredly longer than what two people who were broken up should hug for but Liz was unable to stop herself. She just wanted to stay in that embrace for months to make up for time lost while being apart. She breathed in Nomi's scent and held back the lump in her own throat.

Nomi was such a strong, comforting presence for Liz. The younger girl felt stupid and ridiculous around the party girl but she liked it. Whatever Liz wanted to be was supported by her girlfriend. She could be a tough hardass, or show her softer, compassionate side that she tended to suppress. Nomi enjoyed her company either way, at least that's how it felt. Maybe the older girl secretly felt differently, who's to say? It didn't truly matter either way because that hug was probably the last time Liz would feel the safety of the shorter girls arms wrapped around her waist.

The other culprit for the Bishop girl's lack of sleep was anxieties about her mother. Liz tossed and turned coming up with endless heartbreaking scenarios. She wanted to break down, maybe even call in sick for a few days or like the rest of the year. Nothing too extreme really. Her whole soul felt like a piece had been violently torn out. Once it became a more appropriate time in the morning she ended up telling Josie. She knew she couldn't keep it from her forever but she just didn't want the girl she thought of as a little sister to feel the pain she was currently going through. She'd rather double her own than let Josie feel an ounce of it, but it was impractical to keep her mother's condition a secret.

When Liz did finally roll out of her bed and begin getting ready for the first day back since the storm, she tried to focus her mind elsewhere. Distractions. That's what she needed. She mulled over her options as she brushed her teeth. Hayden could probably understand the emotions she was struggling with and know best how to help distract her, but that was an option more suited for after school. Ian was another option but knowing him he'd probably want to help her and that involved talking about it. Nomi currently wasn't a helpful distraction. She could try picking up a sport, but she wasn't really the type...unless maybe boxing...?

Whether she wanted to or not Liz was going to have to have a conversation with Ian anyway. Most days she let him bum rides off her to school. There was a period where he insinuated that this was because she had a heart but she made sure to put a stop to him saying things like that out loud. Slamming on the brakes while someone is talking causing them to get choked by the seatbelt was fairly effective in shutting them up.

The first part of the drive was taken in awkward silence but eventually Ian did speak up. "Sooo...what's keeping you up?" Liz sighed loudly to show her displeasure with the direction of the conversation. He was quite good at reading his step-sister's expressions; he could always tell exactly what kind of mood she was in. It was a little sweet because Liz noticed it wasn't just her, Ian was generally speaking pretty good at reading people, and it was nice knowing that at least he cared about her....she just wished he wasn't always analyzing her. The Bishop girl's grip on the steering wheel tightened, her knuckles paling. "A couple of things..." There was no way Ian would be satisfied with a 'nothing' response so Liz had to at least tell him one of the things bothering her. He was sort of family, not by blood in any way, but she went with telling him about her mom. With that there was nothing he could do that anyone else couldn't, and he knew it. Ian reached out and rested his hand on Liz's shoulder. It was a wordless gesture but oddly comforting. Nothing more needed to be said. Ian could have given condolences but those tended to feel empty to people like Liz. She nodded, both parties knowing how the other felt. "Thanks..." the quiet words fell from her lips.

Typically Liz and Ian were always a little early to school so they liked to sit and just talk until they had to actually go in. That was the biggest reason why the two were so close now. The pair had been silent after the girl revealed what was going on with her mother, but now that they were parked Ian spoke up again. "Is the other thing Nomi?" Stupid Ian and his stupid empathy. Why couldn't he just let Liz wallow and not try and help? "It might be. Doesn't matter, we're broken up. It's over-" She was about to go on, presumably to list more synonyms to 'broken up' but Ian cut her off. "Just because you're not together doesn't mean you don't have unresolved feelings." "No, no, no. We're not discussing my love life or lack there of. Literally anything else, I'd even rather talk about your love life."

Liz's comment had been exaggeration but she noticed a small hint of red in Ian's cheeks which perked her curiosity. "Oh?...Is there actually something to talk about there? Well now you're busted. Spit it out." The boy's face was that of a deer in the headlights. There wasn't really any escape besides actually fleeing the car, but if he tried Liz would just lock the doors. "Well...it's not really anything...I met this girl at the beach..." Liz gave her step-brother a smirk. "She's pretty cool and nice...Zach thinks she might have been flirting with me." The girl in the drivers seat's eyebrow raised. While she didn't have any actual problem with Tatum's boyfriend, she wouldn't really trust his opinion. Ian was a decent guy and she wasn't about to let Zach's influence corrupt him. "Show me." she commanded.

Ian handed over his phone and showed Liz the messages between him and Lemon. "You're an idiot." Liz said flatly. "What?" "Oh I'm sorry, did I stutter? I said you're an idiot." the girl rolled her eyes and tossed the phone back to the passenger side of the car. "Yeah she was flirting with you. Why are all my friends so dense about this kind of stuff?" Ian opened his mouth to respond but Liz held up a finger. "No. Shut up. No comment. That was a rhetorical statement. Why didn't you flirt back? Clearly you're at least a little interested." Ian shrugged. "I was sort of taken aback...we barely know each other, why would she flirt with me?..." Liz tilted her head back and groaned in exasperation. "That's the whole point of it! She's testing the waters to see if either of you would be interested. And your flat response to her flirting probably made her think you're not interested. And don't try and pull any of that self deprecation bullshit either. You're a nice, funny guy who has a lot of qualities that attract people." She gave Ian a reassuring smile before it dropped into a very serious tone. "Are you interested?" The Evans boy shrank back some, uncomfortable with the interrogation. "Maybe?" "No, are you interested? Yes or no? Nothing good will come from waiting to decide. One of you will be hurt. Either you accidentally lead her on, or she moves on and you decide you are interested and end up hurt." The older of the two reached into the backseat and grabbed Ian's backpack, shoving it into his chest before grabbing her own. "Figure. It. Out." She said as she got out of the car.

As the two approached the school Ian nudged Liz's elbow and nodded his head in the direction of a girl with pink hair who seemed almost frightened to go in. "New girl?" Liz tried to recall if she had seen her around before. Pink hair would probably stand out in her mind so she nodded. Ian made a move to go over and talk to her but was stopped by a hand on his chest. "You have a girl to go talk to. A fruity one." Ian's eyes moved between his step-sister and the bubblegum head of hair. "What about-" "I'll do it. You don't always have to be a hero dude." The male's eyebrow raised. It wasn't really in Liz's nature to go out of her way to help someone she didn't know. "Really?" He asked skeptically. The questioning only made the girl want to do it more, if only out of spite. Her eyes narrowed at the taller boy. "Yes. Really. Go." Ian shrugged and with that the two split off.

Liz approached the girl she didn't recognize, her casual 'I don't care about anything' attitude being prominently displayed in her posture. She stood next to the pink haired girl and looked her up and down. "Don't worry, the rumors of mold eating people probably aren't true." A smirk rose to her lips with the emphasis on the word probably. Brown eyes settled on the pink hair again. "That's pretty dope. Is it always pink, or are you more the type to change it weekly?" She wasn't entirely used to being actively social without having a drink or two first so she felt a little awkward, but she'd be damned if she let it show. TerrorKitty TerrorKitty Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler LooneyLani LooneyLani

MOOD: amused

OUTFIT: - FINALLY IK

basics
MENTIONS:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

INT:
Dazzle Dazzle
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

“The only thing keeping me going is that I will get to trip you tonight if we need to make a run for it,” flouted she, with a side-slipping smirk.

“Leaving me alone with the cat killer?” Zachary Lee exhibited a bluff of pretended hurt that banished and blew over entirely when overtaken by a provoking grin, “How about you tie those shoes tighter. Who's to say you won’t be the one tripping?” His retinas kicked up with a crack of an elemental ray of blue that had been marred down in sheer abandonment at the mention of Hawking House. Backdating to those polaroid-snapped photographs that now collected dust in the attic, Lee was, at one point personally enthusiastic about tomorrow, and the day after, and the night in the offing. It was a testimony that was panned out in those larking motion blur pictures, where the shutter speed could only pick up on his tan physique, hanging tongue, and He was sorry to himself, though within and without, he’d never resolve an apology to himself.

He frowned when she called his water trash.

“What kind of water do you drink then, Harper?” he sipped on his water, completely ignoring her lab instructions, “Aquafina’s too salty. Fiji is overrated-”

“You’re clinically insane,” he gave a mocking gasp, as he leisurely got up from the stool, “Don’t ever admit to me you’re a Voss person.”

Cutting back to the back of the classroom, he reluctantly texted Tatum again. He felt askance when she left him on unread the first time. He was sure she was on Twitter earlier. Discreetly, he slipped his phone back into his pockets. Reaching into the panel of where the goggles hooked, he grabbed two. He’d try again later. Later, she’ll respond. Right?

“Here are your goggles,” Zach stated matter of factly, with acute seriousness, “I think they’ll help you become more open minded and see what a handsome man you’re working with.”

“Of course I payed attention,” Zach partially challenged, running a hand through his sun-dialled curls, “Mr.Zimmerman said to-”

“Give me a minute. I’m remembering...” Zach paused, peering over the ingredients, “Shouldn’t be too hard…”

“Well, who even cares about science?” he impetuously, changed topics when he came up with nothing. Wedging his elbows on the table, he pulled his marbled body back onto the stool, “The only science that should be cared about is chemistry and the Big Bang.”

Obligingly, he picked up one of the liquid ingredients, tipping it forth and back in the tube.

“So…,” he looked at her on chance, closing his hand around the tube to stillness, “What’s your story? I’ll bet it’s perfect for you.”

He shrugged, “I don’t know. Bad question. Too rough of a question.”

“Your favorite color is a better question, no?” he smiled.

code by valen t.

◈◈◈
Vibe Check:
Curious, a bit nervous

Outfit: X

Where?:
Parish Bay Parking Lot;

Parish Bay Main Entrance;

basics
◈◈◈
Mentions:
Liz

INT:

PenguinFox PenguinFox

tags
◈◈◈
TL;DR

Talks to Liz;

Grabs Parish Point Cheer tryout flyer;

tl;dr
Piyeone (Penny)
The start of a
very long day
Piyeone was a bit startled when a girl suddenly appeared next to her and started speaking, clutching her bag strap a bit tighter for a moment, but eased her grip quickly. Being jumpy wasn't the best look for the first day of school. "I heard about that...Is it it really that bad?" She questioned, mold was gross. Plain and simple, but at the same time she almost felt embarrassed to be so critical. Disgust was an appropriate reaction to gross stuff right? Yet, Piyeone didn't want to seem too primp or posh, especially in such a casual public setting. The Academy definitely shaped how she saw the world, and still she wouldn't let it define her, or at the very least she'd try. She was a woman with a lot of masks to wear, each undeniably herself, yet unmistakably distinct. Knowing which to wear was a balancing act the girl practiced everyday. Just like everyone else.

"As long as I don't get whatever the fuck toothrot is supposed to be." Piyeone added with a heavily raised eyebrow. Parish was certainly going to take some time to get used to. Everything was so new. Learning her way around socially seemed like a large task, but maybe she had a chance. Maybe.

Piyeone couldn't help but chuckle at the comment about her hair, it was definitely going to be a long day of similar remarks. Though she was used to it now, at least as long as she wasn't in a bad mood that is. "I've had it like this for a long time, I like the way it fades, though I was considering going purple or platinum eventually. Though now that I think about, I wouldn't mind going back to brown or black." The bright haired woman replied slightly pondering to herself, but she was quick to turn her attention back to the cute girl next to her. Having been caught off guard she didn't take a moment yet to inspect the person currently accompanying her. The girl was indeed cute, though she also seemed scuffed in some ways. It was clear she'd seen some shit, if not been right in the middle of it. It made Piyeone wonder if there was a good gym in town, maybe she could get some martial arts practice, or at least gymnastics.

That's when her eye caught a paper crudely taped to a pillar, snatching it as they continued walking towards the inside of the building. The material was cheap and flimsy while the ink was either oversaturated or lacking depending where you looked. It was a flyer for cheerleader tryouts that very afternoon. "Huh." She murmured to herself before stuffing it into her bag for later inspection, then turning back to the stranger. "Sorry about that. Pi- Penny." She stated, "I'm Penny." There was a slight pause in her reiteration, less for the other girl but for herself. It wasn't too complicated, but some people did trip up on her name. Parish was a chance to change things up. Back at Blackwood, formal speech and proper titles were enforced rules. The girls often liked to come up with nicknames for each other, she got stuck with Penny. Mostly from the teasing of the older students calling her Penny Dreadful all the time. She wasn't sure if it was supposed to be an insult or mean something, but Piyeone grew to it. "Just moved back in from Oregon, been stuck in a private academy for girls since I was like six." The slightly shorter girl swept her hair back as she spoke like she was going to tie a pony tail but stopped short, instead just stringing it out behind herself. Tying her hair was something Piyeone did when overly nervous or needed to think hard about something. A trait she caught from reading 'Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events' way too much as a kid. Often using the series as a parallel for her own situation at the Academy and missing parents, but now wasn't the time. "More cute girls than I remember, so I'm not complaining." Piyeone shrugged slightly with an almost snarky smirk.

code by valen t.

Lemon Pierce

Lemon giggled a little at Oliver there was no way she would make a pie for the apple festival. Her pies weren’t that good, and no one would want her pies. But she would make a small one for Oliver. She had no clue how to take a pie and shape it like an animal. She wasn’t even sure of the baking times would work properly but she did love the idea of trying something new. “I don’t know if anyone would want my pies. I’m not my mom, she makes the best pies and she takes them to church every year. I’m not at her level but I hope to be one day.” She had wondered what happened to Ian he was supposed to meet her by Oliver’s locker, but she knew she would have to leave soon and get to her class and then she had her actually tutoring session, so she didn’t fail another grade.

Her eyes darted one more time, “I have to get to class Oli. I would offer to walk with you, but I don’t know where your class is. Then I have to go to my teacher after class to get tutored, so I don’t fail again. I really hope you enjoy the cookies. Don’t eat them all at once. You’ll get sick. But message me later and you, me, and Ian should hang out. I think it’d be fun.” Lemon gave one more smile before she took off to her class. She really hated redoing a class but somehow physics never quite clicked in her brain and she struggled relentlessly. She thought about how Kat promised to tutor her, and she was nervous but excited at the same time. Kat was a force to be reckoned with and she had the confidence of a queen, not the Lemon had the courage to say that to her face. But, for now all Lemon could do was struggle and think about her afternoon photoshoot with Tae.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

MOOD: Yessssss!!!

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: N/A

INT: Graham, Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR We're eatin' pizza, boys.
tl;dr
Genevieve
All the other kids, with the pumped up kicks, you better run betta'run.

Skee ball?

C'mon Mascot boy. Did you want to get completely and utterly destroyed? It was like a death wish.

A wish that Evie would oh-so-gladly grant. "Get ready to get pummeled, Moore." Yes, she knew who he was-- just because Evie didn't have a lot of friends in HA doesn't mean she was blind, the younger girl was pretty observant when she wanted to be. She grabbed the ball and mistakenly, she threw it with too much force but thankfully it paid off as both Graham and Evie made multiple points as the balls were practically flowing into the hundred pockets as if they were free and easy.

Maybe he was right about the whole competition thing.

Although she didn't exactly welcome the idea of Graham being decent. That wasn't entirely fun.

"C'mon, c'mo--"

Beeeeeeeeeepppp.

The game to an end and she was thirty points behind him which meant, unfortunately, for satan knows what reason.

Graham won.

A scowl was plastered over Evie's face before it disappeared rather quickly, deciding to focus on the next game and barely even speaking to him as she led him to the basketball machine-- now, Evie didn't play basketball outside of this arcade, but these things were practically the easiest thing ever, at least... to her it was. That's just how much of a pro she was. She couldn't help it but be great at every game she played. Except stupid Skee ball. That was for babies.

Evie threw in a few coins and the buzzer went off and she was quick to start sinking the shots in one by one, over and over without missing another-- that is until Evie glanced over at Graham who was making his shots too! She should've been paying attention to her own game because she already missed two whole shots.

Oh fuck. Evie had made up for the two shots when Graham had missed some of his own. There was only ten seconds left in the game and Graham was behind five points, he'd quickly made a basket, and another and another while Evie was scrambling to fight for the rest of the points.

Five.

Missed.

Four.

Missed.

Three.

Missed.

Two.

missed.

One!

Andddddd straight in.

A glance up at the scoreboard and Evie's shoulders shrunk instantly. It was a damn tie! A tie. A fucking tie. "Bullshit." Maybe it wouldn't of been if she didn't get so nervous the last few seconds that led her to miss almost every single shot. This place was rigged, Graham rigged it.

Yup.

Rigged.

Whatever, it wasn't that big of a deal though. He won one, she won one, they tied. Now? She was starving. The thought of completely demolishing Graham in every other game here-- probably dance-dance revolution but it was no secret that Evie had two left feet and that game was just for pure tryhards. It really was, it was seriously so stupid how people had pegged that as their favorite game. One time she came here, and a dude has brought his own TOWEL to wipe the sweat off of him as he stood on that machine for hours.

True story.

"GG man." She shrugged, tilting her head towards some more games.

~~

Genevieve folded her pizza like a proper New Yorker would. Hard to say if she was actually considered as one depending how much time she spent there, but maybe it counted if you spent the first few years of your life there. This part of town was the best because there was a pizza place right across the street-- sure, the arcade had their own food but everyone knew it was just microwaved and completely inedible. Plus, they charged so much for their dumb fries. She wasn't about to waste stepdouche's card on that place and for good reason! That arcade is not scamming them out of more money. Sorry not sorry.

"Just cheese, really?"

The more she hung out with this kid, the more she learned that he was more than just a nerd.

He was a complete weirdo.

Of course, Genevieve was cultured and she had olives, onions, green peppers, sprinkled with a whole bunch of parmesan and crushed red pepper.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

"I can't say I'm surprised though, didn't you grow up in this hellhole? You're probably used to sticking to boring things."

Which... honestly, wasn't a really big deal. Sometimes it was nice to not have change. Evie wouldn't know though, everything always changed so quickly.

Some people didn't have the luxury to stick with just cheese, y'know?
code by valen t.

MOOD: annoyed she did the whole chem project, worried for Max

basics
MENTIONS:
KingofAesir KingofAesir (sawyer)

INT:
lion. lion. (zach)

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DRdoing all the work in chem class
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

Harper eyed the beaker in front of her, she lifted the test tube and slowly adding the chemicals to the beaker. “I’m sure you can handle yourself.” Harper pressed her tongue to the inside of her cheek, rolling her eyes. Zach always was coming in with empty half threats. Harper could never take him seriously; he would crack a joke wherever he could and always stirring the pot whenever he could.

“Dasani is made by Coca-Cola and they want you to buy more water. So why would they want you to feel… Refreshed.” She picked up his water bottle turning it over in her hand she used her thumb to point to the ingredients list. “Look.” Purified water, magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, Salt.

“-And, that is why, Dasani is trash.” She tossed the water bottle back at him, maybe she had really bad aim, maybe she was trying to hit him with it. Who knew? “Oops.” She shrugged her shoulders turning her attention back to the project in front of them. “I mean, you can put whatever you want into your body. Just don’t act like its superior.”

Harper wasn’t even shocked at Zach’s response to the project in front of them. At least he tried to come up with some lame excuse, well if you could call it that. He gave up pretty quickly. “Can’t even pretend to pay attention.”

Harper felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket, discretely she tired to pull it out under the desk, just to see Max had responded to her question. Harper whispered under breath ‘fucking dumbass.’ She rolled her eyes shoving her phone back into her back pocket. “You’re seriously going to help get him out?” Harper stared directly at Zach. “He’s going to get hurt if he comes.”

Harper just glared at Zach trying to ask questions about her life, why did he think that he was justified to know more about her. He was rude, and callous, and the way he treated his girlfriend the other night. She would never understand why Tatum was still with him. Tatum had broken up with Hayden for less, even if Hayden had been blatantly ignoring her… Well Harper figured that Tatum preferred communication over none at all… Maybe Harper did understand.

Harper wanted to snap back at Zach, he didn’t know anything about her life. Nothing was perfect for her, never knowing what she was going home to. Never knowing if her brother was coming home. Though she had created a mask, a perfect life outside of the four walls she lived in at home. She enjoyed her friends, did well at school, and made sure the fridge was always full with food for her family. But no one knew what she went through when she crossed the threshold of that door. No one had been over to her house since the wake. Her brother avoided home at all costs, while Harper was locked up in her room whenever she wasn’t with Sawyer.

What was she supposed to do, she couldn’t loose anyone else. Her dad was who he was and she prayed that one day he would snap out of it, but for now, she had to be there for them. Both of them, no matter what. “Lilac.”

Harper kept quiet the rest of class. Whenever Zach would try to ask another question, she would deflect it back to their project. Continuing on, she finished the work for them. She had no hope that Zach would actually be of any use this semester.

Finally, the bell rang, releasing Harper from class. Her and Zach had cleaned up their lab desk, once they were done she tossed her notebook into her bag, making sure that she noted down their findings for their next class. She made sure to be the first one out of class, getting to her locker so that she could exchange her binders and notebooks for the next class. Tossing Sawyers blue beanie into her locker so that Sawyer could come by and grab it when she had a chance. Yes, Sawyer had Harpers locker combination, mostly because Sawyer had forgotten her own so now, she borrowed Harper’s locker. One month in and Sawyer had no idea how to get into her own locker.

“So Harper.” Harper jumped as she unexpectedly heard her name called from behind her. Turning around to see the curly blonde boy standing behind her. “Did you need to follow me out of class?” Zach leaned back against the lockers beside her.

“Well since you are here.” Harper closed her own locker leaning back against it, she clutched her binders close to her chest. “What is your plan to get Max out, because you know it has to work. You both can’t get caught.”
code by valen t.

Tatum Browne

As soon as Tatum entered Nomi’s car she could feel the stresses of her life start to melt away. Being with Nomi was the brightest part of Tatum’s life because her soulmate understood the issues she faced at home. She understood why Tatum never wanted to be home and why she needed the constant validation and attention. Sure, Tatum had tried to act like she didn’t need it but she hated being ignored and left alone, she hated the silence and instead would drown it out with parties, alcohol, and drugs. But for this brief moment she had the one person who she never had to explain anything to. Sure, Isa was great, but Tatum felt the need to explain her problems to Isa whereas with Nomi she could sit in silence and never have to explain her problems. She felt free as the car started to drive off, “I needed this. You needed this. Fuck this town.” Tatum let a laugh out and let herself enjoy this moment. To not think about how Zach hurt her, how she hurt Hayden, how she wished her mom was better and would get help, to feel like she had a perfect life that she had always tried to force.

The first stop was coffee and candy and Tatum was excited to find her pack of only blue sour patch kids, she couldn’t thank Hayden enough for telling her and the fact that he remembered her favorite candy. She remembered when he had bought her a pack of sour patch kids at the start of their relationship. He had always been kind until he blew her off and she remembered how many times she cried not feeling like she was good enough. She of course had to show Noemie the candies, “Hayden remembered and told me.”

It wasn’t long until they were back on the road, “Hey Nomes?” Tatum questioned as she fiddled with the bag, “I want to be friends with Hayden again. I also think if I would have known about his mom, I wouldn’t have broken up with him. Does that make me a bad girlfriend? Because Zach sometimes makes me feel bad and I worry he’s going to explode because I want to talk with my ex.” Tatum loved Zach, but she was wondering what would have been had she not dumped Hayden. Where would she be now? Would she be happier? Would they have broken up anyways? Zach was amazing but now Tatum was struggling, and she didn’t know how to cope with everything.

She looked out the window, “You know, all I ever wanted was to love and be loved in return and I know I have you and Isa, but I always wanted that fairytale romance. I always think I have it and then something goes wrong. Maybe, that love is fake. I’m sorry about not being around for you and Liz fully ending. I know you loved her. I know you don’t want to talk about it.” Tatum wished she could force a smile but she didn’t have to. She could be herself and she didn’t have to act like nothing was wrong. She even stared at her phone let her hand wrap tightly around it, “I want it to work so bad.” She whispered.

Mention(s): lion. lion. Dazzle Dazzle PenguinFox PenguinFox Interaction(s): LooneyLani LooneyLani

MOOD: base-level jittery

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Stu Dede Dede
Vered Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

tags
TL;DR A new adventure awaits
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
Quiet people have the loudest minds

Lemon left for her classes, and Oliver nodded and mutely waved goodbye. A 'see you later' was in order, perhaps, but he was too caught up in the fact that he'd held it together for a whole conversation to remember to give a parting phrase.

It was a first. No tears, no fainting, only the normal baseline level of heart-pounding anxiety. It was just… nice. Calm, without threats or scathing insults or anything but reciprocating interest.

But really, he couldn't believe it. It was the kind of ecstatic moment that he just knew would come crashing back down into misery within the hour, so in all honesty, he was as frightened as he was relieved, which was an odd and overwhelming mix of emotions that made it difficult to process anything else.

With Lemon gone, disappeared into the muddled crowd of students filtering off to their classes, Oliver felt the hallway fold like crumpled paper, sucking everything in on itself so that nothing was distinct. Stuck standing still, staring blankly into the mess of unclear visual input, aware only that other students were knocking past him as he failed to get out of their way. Without any notice from whatever his nervous system was doing, he’d backed up against his locker and buried his head in his hands, feeling thoughts buzz back and forth without forming coherence.

Today is Wednesday Septanuary 1...1...1…
The leatherback is the only sea turtle without a with without with without….
“I hope you enjoy the cookies. Don’t YOU WANT THE COPS TO COME? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? YOU WON’T LAST FIVE FUCKING MINUTES…..
My head hurts
My head hurts
Head hurts
Head hurts
Head…

Headache.
Well, there was something real. There had to be something else, something else to reinstate whatever gravitational pull held him in reality.
His backpack on his shoulders (heavy), teeth biting into the side of his hand (embarrassing), the lights flickering (irritating), broken ribs (painful), feet planted on the faded linoleum floor….
And he had to pee all of a sudden. It had gotten pretty bad, actually. He’d been holding it the whole time, most likely, but in the stress of everything that had happened this morning going into one of the most unthinkable moments of his whole life, he just hadn’t noticed.

Briskly walking through the hallway, sure he had time to stop by the bathroom before the bell rang for the next class, he kept his eyes on the ceiling, watching the repetitive pattern of lights and bare plaster pass by overhead, only eying the others in the hallway enough to not bump into them. The sound of their idle chatter simmered down to a dull and ignorable hum, until one voice shot out of the blur and immediately made itself known

“I bet he’s hiding something though. And what if he’s that cat killer everyone’s talking about?”

Oliver knew that accent anywhere. Sure, it had only been 3 days since he’d first heard it, but it was a sound not easily forgotten.

"It has to be him... right?"

Stu.

Okay, maybe he could wait one minute. He felt always obligated to check in on Stu and Vered, especially after Monday... not that they didn't leave on an awkward note on Tuesday as well. The trio always seemed to scatter under stress. Never a calm goodbye among them. Circumstances always seemed to have a way to separate them at the worst possible moments.

Oliver stopped walking, turning quickly on his heel to find Stu and Vered a little way’s behind him hurrying in the opposite direction down the hallway, deep in some sort of nervous exchange. Oliver, not giving himself time to shy out of his decision, trotted after.

“Hey!” Too quiet. They didn’t hear him. Oliver tried again, this time speeding up his pace to come up beside them. “Hey, Stu! Vered… uh… hi. I just wanted to-- if everyone was alright after-- what are you talking about? Sorry. Not important. I have places I… need to be, was going to... “ Realizing he was making less and less sense by the second, he fell quiet, watching the two for a sign of acknowledgment.

They couldn’t already know, could they?
About what he did back at the church…
Would they ever talk to him again if they...
No way.
Ridiculous.
They couldn’t possibly know.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Nervous/Happy

basics

INT: Ashley

tamarapasek tamarapasek
tags
TL;DR: Dustin gives Ashley a present for good luck
tl;dr
Dustin Thackery
I wish I could get my head out of the sand
because I think we'd make a good team...
Dustin yawned into his elbow, shuffling lackadaisically out of his last class and through the hall. He quickly perked up, however, hearing a familiar voice shout a friendly nickname to him, some shaggy dark blonde hair falling into his eyes as he snapped his attention toward the voice. The boy's heart began to flutter as he saw Ashley scampering toward him, caught slightly off guard seeing her now; his plan was to "run into" her after school to wish her luck before cheerleading tryouts. But it was certainly a pleasant surprise to see her now, as anyone could tell from his bright, beaming smile.

"Ashleeeey!" As she approached, Dustin shot off some finger guns at her, his customary greeting for Ashley ever since she told him to never do finger guns in her presence ever again. In turn, he chuckled at her greeting with a shake of his head. "I knooow. What did you even do without me?" He teased, immediately blushing as Ashley hopped into his arms. Dustin, of course, jumped at the chance to match her enthusiasm. He playfully lifted her off the ground a bit as they embraced, thereby prolonging the hug in the process.

Dustin gently placed her back down and took a step back to look at her, cheeks still flushed pink. As usual, he was unable to contain his wide, goofy grin at the sight of Ashley's adorable smile, her beautiful, dark eyes glittering like smoky quartz. "How's your day going? You have cheer tryouts today, right?" Dustin asked, trying to sound casual. He inwardly cringed at himself, as Ashley was sure to see through it -- that he was, in fact, acutely aware tryouts were today. She'd mentioned it many times, how excited she was for this date. "Are you nervous?"

"Actually, I have something for you," Dustin blurted out, knowing if he didn't say it now, he might lose his nerve altogether. He'd been going back and forth all day, agonizing over the prospect of actually giving her the little good luck present. In Dustin's mind, there were tons of ways Ashley could react to it, most of them bad, with her thinking the gesture was odd or creepy or something. "Just...for good luck." He carefully fished it out of his backpack, something tiny and wrapped in pale pink, glittery tissue paper. "Not that you'll need it. I know you're gonna do awesome," He added with a warm smile, placing the wrapped object in Ashley's hands.

Dustin suddenly had a hard time standing still, fidgeting about anxiously as he watched Ashley open the parcel, hazel brown eyes fixed on the girl's face to guage her reaction. He was just glad her attention was occupied for the moment, praying she didn't notice how weird he was being. Inside the tissue paper was a little silver pin, a small brooch in the shape of a tiny horseshoe encrusted with sparkly rhinestones.

Dustin hadn't even realized he'd been holding his breath for nearly that entire time, until he finally opened his mouth to speak. "I read somewhere that horseshoes are good luck," Dustin explained, smiling bashfully. "And this is a super blinged out one, so it's, like, ya know...extra good," He joked with a nervous laugh.
code by valen t.

Mathias

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Until Then

Lo'fi Boy

“I was hoping for Claude Monet or Norman Rockwell,” he said with a slightly wry smile. The soft warmth on his face earlier quickly returned as Astraea touched his hand and moved his paintbrush for him before going back to her own painting. She was kind of lucky she was his friend. He never pulled or away or complain whenever she’d do something like that, but he still wished his personal space was respected more.

When he heard cheerleading tryouts and her name in that mumble, Matt looked at Astraea with his face crestfallen. He wasn’t as too upset as she hoped he wouldn’t be, but he may be a little disappointed.

“What makes you think Kat would care you joined?” It came out a bit harsher than he intended. He was just kind of surprised. He exhaled and added, gently this time, “It’s not that I don’t think you’ll make it to the cheer team. It’s just…” He paused, choosing his words carefully. “You know she ditched us first, right?”

Matt remembered a time where Katherine was the complete opposite of what she was now. He just moved to Parish Point after winter break, and he was a new kid in 6th grade with zero friends during the first few weeks, until, one day, he sat with a quiet girl that he’d always noticed was alone at lunch. A few days later, he’d meet Astraea and brought her along, and they made this cute little friendship that Matt actually enjoyed for the first time. That quiet girl was Katherine Navarro. The same girl who helped save his grades in half of the classes he had throughout middle school, who was the only one Matt allowed to borrow the few poetry books he owned—he was pretty sure she still had his Penguin Classics book copy of Walt Whitman’s complete poems, because it would explain why he couldn’t find it anywhere at home.

Then Matt began 9th Grade at Hartfield Academy. He was going to have a few same classes with two of his closest friends because he worked his butt off to earn those advanced classes. He’d hoped to see Kat again, too, because he rarely saw her during summer vacation and several months before that. On the morning of the first day of school, Matt spotted Kathrine in the hallway. He called out her name and... and she just walked past him. Not a single glance from her, like he wasn’t there. At first, he thought she was just busy, maybe in the hurry to go to class or something. But on the second day, the same thing happened when he tried greeting her. And on the third day, the fourth day, fifth…

He gave up a month later.

He still wasn’t sure what made Katherine avoid him and Astraea. Maybe hanging out with a freshman like Matt wasn’t cool enough for her, or whatever happened to her while she was away changed her. He had tried talking to her about the time she was gone over a year ago, but that didn’t go well. Sure, Matt was trying to interfere, but he cared about her enough to be worried and maybe even scared for her wellbeing. She looked different, acted different. She was far from the sweet Kat that he befriended years ago. Her new friends were like the mean kids that Matt had yelled at to leave her alone. And now, she was one of them. She was even friends with that sociopath Ryan. Like, what the hell was up with that?

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Touched/In Denial

OUTFIT: https://i.ibb.co/VqJzvYp/5-D857-B2-F-5-A0-B-4-A8-A-A9-C0-486373-FBD039.jpg

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

@Qwertycakes
tags
TL;DR Ashley stresses, and decided denial is the best way to avoid facing both of their feelings. Oooh shiny pin!
tl;dr
Ashley Park
Someone help me, it’s not healthy for me to feel this way.

Truth be told she was definitely happier to see Dustin than if it had been any other day. It had been completely and utterly exhausting, to try and adjust herself to make certain people refrain from running away, and Dustin didn’t run away. Sure she always adjusted herself, but with him it was just a little bit. She supposed that deciding beforehand that he was off the table(And she was off his table), had helped her become less nervous.

She let out another squeak of excitement, when he lifted her into the air. It was nice. The kind of thing that would feel a little better if it were anyone a bit less nice or stable than Dustin was giving it to her. Even now she was a bit unsettled, by the fact that he had nothing obviously wrong with him. Sure he was kind of a serial Romeo, and fell in love with any girl who gave him attention, but that wasn’t half as bad, as say......pissing on the beach. It was like these types of flaws were a safety net of sorts. Dustin didn't come with that kind of safety, so either way she was either going to have to relish in a hug with a guy who was too good to like her, or have absolutely no clue about what nasty secret he was hiding.

''You already know it's today, no need to be sarcastic!'' She informed him, with a soft smile. Her voice tried to sound annoyed, but the reality was that she wasn't even remotely. Embarrassed over the amount of times she'd brought it up? Absolutely. But annoyed for light teasing? Never.

"Really?'' She raised an eyebrow, at that statement. It was definitely weird, to give random gifts to friends. Then again it was also weird to tackle hug them in the middle of a hallway, so she supposed she wasn't in a place to judge. She carefully unwrapped the parcel, making sure not to tear it. She'd been instructed to open things as neatly as possible growing up, and even now when gifts were few and far in between, she hadn't quite rid herself of that habit. ''What is it?''

She finally undid the wrapping, continuing her ritual of neatly folding the paper for possible reusal, should she have to wrap a gift herself. Once finished, she examined the contents. It appeared to be a........horseshoe?

''That.....is so sweet!'' she smiled happily at him. She shrugged her backpack off, to attach the pin to it's sleeve. ''You're seriously the best friend ever.'' She proclaimed, desperate to believe that's all she saw it as.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Ecstatic

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Soap Soap (evie)
tags
TL;DR Playing skeeball
tl;dr
Graham Moore
can I go home now?

Graham had never been great at basketball, or at least the real sport of it. The games were always rigged in some way that seemed to work better for him? Or maybe it had to do with the fact that in an arcade he couldn’t get crossed up. Making the baskets was the easy part, playing along with other people just made it harder.

“That was a great game.” He smiled, rocking back on his heals he stuck his hands into the front pockets of his jeans. His stomach growled audibly, following after Evie as she suggested they go get pizza. Graham had completely forgotten about where he was supposed to be, any and all of his promises.

~~​

Graham took a bite of his cheese pizza looking up as Evie commented on his personal choice of pizza. “What’s wrong with cheese?” He said, mouth full bread and cheese. “It’s simple. It’s good.” He swallowed shrugging his shoulders. Graham lifted his paper cup of coke to his lips, taking a sip from the straw. Graham liked cheese pizza, it wasn’t overwhelmed by too many different flavors. Not that Graham didn’t enjoy other pizza toppings, cheese was just the best.

He placed the cup back down on the table, crossing his arms he leaned forward on the table. “I did not, but my home wasn’t boring.” Graham leaned his chin against down against his arms. Anchor Bay was great for him. He had so many friends, and spent the weekends on the beach or going to the movies… Well, there wasn’t much else to the Bay… Okay, maybe it was boring there. “So, you grew up here then?” Graham looked up to meet Evie’s brown eyes.

Graham still hadn’t met many people in Parish Point, Hartfield had been very different to his old school. Everyone knew everyone in the little old Parish. He felt like he stuck out like a sore thumb and only a few people actually sought out friendship with him. It was like he was some big joke being the mascot on the team. Like he had another option, even if he had been allowed to tryout for cheer, he was sure the torment would have been just as bad.

“I’ll give your pizza a chance.” Graham paused for a moment. “IF, you give dance dance revolution a chance.” He smirked sitting back up he leaned against the back of the booth. “Next time.” Graham picked up another slice of pizza stuffing his face with it.
[/COMMENT]

MOOD: Bounding Happiness

basics
MENTIONS:
Soap Soap (kat)
0k_mang0 0k_mang0 (Matt)
tags
TL;DR painting the float
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

“Whoever that is, I’m sure you’re there.” She nodded enthusiastically. Shifting her weight so that she was sitting on her hip instead of cross legged. “I don’t know.” She shrugged her shoulders. She was not really sure why she was considering trying out. “I just...” Astraea pursed her lip, biting the inside of her cheek. “I just want it to be normal again.” She missed how the three of them used to hangout. She stared at the float, painting over the same apple over and over again.

“I know.” She said quietly, she really did. For whatever reason when High School started, they became nothing more than people that were just in the way. Kat and Astraea had so many sleep overs and were rather close friends growing up. It was so upsetting when she just stopped talking to her. Maybe now that she was back, they could get back to some sort of normal. Maybe if Astraea changed, she would be wanted by her.

Astraea was not so focused on school anymore, that meant that she had more time for friendships. When Matt and Astraea were at Hartfield the only time they really spent together was when they were studying. Otherwise, she was too busy with soccer or homework. She really did not have time for people, maybe that was why Kat had started to ignore her. Maybe it had been all Astraea’s fault. “I don’t know what I want Matty…”

Astraea knew that Matt was big on personal space, she was trying to work on it. But Astraea herself was a touchy person, and that was how she found comfort. She leaned her head against Matty’s shoulder pouting ever so slightly. “We were such good friends once… Why can’t we have that again.”

Astraea thought about when Kat and her used to play American Girl dolls in Kat’s room, she always had the best outfits and all the coolest accessories for them. Kat even gave her one of the fanciest outfits so that her doll could be the best dressed. It was such a kind gesture when they were younger. But somehow, Astraea had done something to cause Kat to withdraw. But she wasn’t ready to let go of the chance that they may just be able to be friends again.
code by valen t.

• filler

The moment Tatum climbed in and settled into the passenger seat, melting into the car as if it remembered her specifically, the air felt almost different. Having the blonde here, beside her, Nomi felt like her soul was settling, nerves embbing away and calming in her presence. When she'd dubbed Tatum her 'soulmate', it had been for this reason; it truly felt like a missing puzzle piece nestling back in place whener she was near. Nomi couldn't ever express how much that meant to her. Tatum Browne was quite possibly the best addition to Noemie's life thus far, and she would forever be grateful for the primary school mishaps that brought the two shy girls together. To think, those two little girls would grow to become who they were known as now; the loud, crazy, social party girls of HA with a closeknit friend group constantly wrapped in drama. Nomi found it beyond comforting to know despite how they've grown, beneath the social statuses and labels, they were still the same shy young girls leaning on eachother when they needed. Noemie glanced over to Tatum at her words and couldn't help but to snort, yeah fuck this town.

Noemie was beyond glad as her hand became warmed by the hot coffee, settling back behind the wheel she was quick to gulp some of the liquid down, frowning ever so slightly at the fact it didn't taste nearly as great as their usual Hedgehogs coffees. She could almost feel the excitement vibrating off of Tatum, and once she glanced over she was quick to laugh in her endearment of her soulmate. Of course, how could she ever forget the blue sour patch kids. Nomi made no comment towards the mention of Hayden, but her smile was soft and kind, happy to hear no more anger or frustration in the blonde's tone when speaking of the younger boy.

The brunette had her focus trained on the road ahead, having decided to take the fastest route out of town. She rolled the windows down a little more to allow the breeze to come through, and as her golden eyes studied the trees lined ahead, she released a heavy breath and allowed her shoulders to relax, head turning subtly towards Tatum as the blonde's soft voice filled the quiet space between them. Noemie remained quiet as Tate spoke about the brunette boy, her own thoughts working to create an appropriate response - but, why? This was Tatum. Nomi didn't need to hold anything back from her. "No, Tate, I don't think it makes you a bad girlfriend, or a bad person. Hayden will always be a part of your life, whether that memory ends with a breakup, or as friends later on, it's your choice to make. Zach can go suck a dick, maybe Hayden's", she stopped to grin and share a humoured laugh, arm brushing against Tatum's in an affectionate bump. "Honestly, I think we both know Zach loves you, in his own ways, and if this is something that ticks him off then its just something he has to deal with. To be fair to him, he seems okay with Colby now, and i would hope he's not that big a dickhead to decide who you can and can't talk to". It wasn't hard for Noemie to notice the thoughts spiraling in her companion's muddled brain, and her eyed softened as she glanced over, voice softer than before as she sought to reassure her best friend, "We can't change the choices we made, love. But, we can try to do the right things and not live with regrets". Noemie was sure she could hear the echo of her grandmother's words behind her own, the nuturing woman had always known exactly what to say whenever the time called for it. Oh how Nomi missed it now.

As she listened to Tatum's words and the hopefulness of a love they felt they weren't privy to in the life they lived, Noemie could feel the subtle shift of the day's earlier anxiety creeping in once more, eyes growing sadder in the memories of the day prior and how her night had been spent bundled up on an empty bed with tears and a breaking heart as company. "I know Tate, in some ways I think its something everyone dreams to have. One day, maybe things will just work out, despite all that went wrong", Noemie didn't have to pretend her smile wasn't laced with a sadness seeping deep into her bones, seemingly always nestled beneath her skin. Though now, in this moment, what seemed to sadden her more was the fact that Tatum Browne felt the same hollowed ache, and that hurt. "Its okay, the thing with Liz, that was something we needed to do on our own". Again the brunette found herself incredibly thankful for how well her companion knew her, today Nomi didn't want to talk about it, today she didn't want to remember the ache.

At Tatum's final whispered words, Nomi turned from the road to look at the blonde, hand reaching out to gently rest on top of her thigh. Nomi knew it it were anyone else she would have perhaps kept the thoughts in her mind to herself, burried it down deep, but this wasn't just anyone. "Me too, Tate".

noemie calvet

hartfield senior

♡coded by uxie♡

Katherine Navarro
"The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me.”

@Princess.Navarro has set their status to:
Dealing with a situation.

@Princess.Navarro has set their outfit to:
Gucci Feels but rn, just sweats

@Princess.Navarro has interacted with:
Sawyer

@Princess.Navarro has mentioned:
Ryker

@Princess.Navarro has tagged:
KingofAesir KingofAesir @TexasKingPin

Sawyer's words had struck a chord with the brunette. It wasn't something that she'd admit, much less show. Katherine Navarro had become a master at perfecting a poker face. One so intricate that not even Sawyer could penetrate the wall that was so effortlessly built up in the matter of years. And no matter how much time they spent together, she most likely never was. Which... was good. It was better that way. It was clear Sawyer had acted on her feelings first and foremost before she'd done anything. Katherine was different. It wasn't about the heart. It was about the head. And her head had always taken priority, focused on the possibilities and the outcomes of every situation that she'd make a choice in.

But of course, Kat was human.

She did have her rare moments when she focused on what she was feeling. Deciding to take that rare chance and listen to her heart.

Katherine opened her mouth and it shut instantly, she didn't know what to say.

Let's get something straight.

She cared for Sawyer, but she didn't love her. She didn't see her in that romantic light that you'd see a girlfriend in.... It was lust, it was easy, it was the plain rage that she felt against Ryker and her own life that Sawyer was her calm after the storm. In a way, at the time-- Sawyer was her rock. But don't get that confused and say she had feelings for her.

Because she didn't.

And up until that night, Katherine was convinced she never would.

__

"I..." Her mouth shut, unsure of what to say in this situation. Kat had to be careful of her words or else Sawyer would take it in an entirely different way. What was she even supposed to say? How is she even supposed to take this as if it wasn't a straight insult?

"God, Sawyer I don't know how many times I have to tell you I'm not sleeping with anyone else."

"Well, I... don't believe you."

Katherine scoffed in disbelief, crossing her arms and staring at Sawyer in an almost-shock like state. It wasn't a secret that Kat was flirty with whoever she pleased, but that didn't make her promiscuous. Her body count was a total of...

well, that doesn't matter now, does it?

"... you really think that lowly of me?"

Granted, she haven't gave Sawyer plenty reason to trust her in the first place. But Kat wasn't lying. And the plain insinuation that she was practically sleeping with the first person who laid eyes on her was entirely a little too much for her to handle. Especially coming from her.

Katherine actually believed she was different.

But no, she was just another Ryker in disguise. Another one of those girls that'd look down on her because she couldn't possibly stay classy and get who she wanted without her becoming a slut in the making. She wasn't surprised by now if Sawyer had seen the worst in her and already decided she wasn't even worth a quick fuck.

But again, Katherine's poker face was immensely perfected to get to this point.

"Kat, I didn't me--"

"I know what you meant."

The brunette didn't let her finish her sentence, walking out of the incredibly messy room and out the door, deciding that night to head to Ryker's. If Sawyer had already pegged her as a mess, what's the harm in being one? It wasn't as if she'd change her mind, pleading for Sawyer to believe her sounded pathetic, it wasn't even a thought that'd dare cross her mind. They weren't dating, they were hardly friends.

She was just a hookup.

It was stupid of her to expect more from a lousy hookup.

__

"That's fucking ridiculous. You know that? You didn't have to read into every damn thing just because I came to a stupid basketball game because I--" She didn't allow herself to continue. Because who knew what was going to slip out? Katherine couldn't say the smallest thing without Sawyer thinking she was proposing. And it was even harder to be overly honest too-- Katherine couldn't even tell her how much she resented her for... what?

falling for her?

That'd start an even bigger argument that'd spiral out of control.

Much like this one was.

"I..."

--

Kat stood in the middle of Sawyer's room, wet from the rainfall outside, her hair wet and stringy as it had started to dry, already forming the curls that Kat straightened down each morning.

“What do you want from me, Kat. I don’t get it.”

Katherine looked down to her shoes, racking her brain for an answer.

The truth was?

She didn't know.

Imagine leaving your house in the middle of the night because you felt so alone, unappreciated and so fucking unhappy that you came to the girl who wanted nothing to do with you. Imagine blinking away tears like some fucking child who just lost their mom in the middle of a grocery store. Imagine avoiding eye contact like you were that same little girl who everyone ignored because it was easier to not spare her another glance than to talk to her out of pity.

Imagine coming to someone's house, a someone you kept telling yourself was nothing more than a hookup, someone who comforted you when the person you... cared for, continued to belittle, berate, and argue with you as if their life depended on it-- and the next moment they were telling you how beautiful you are and suddenly you can't keep your hands off the other. It was more than just easy with Sawyer.

She knew how to... take care of her. And as much as Katherine believes she's strong enough to care for herself, the rare moments she acted on her heart had always brought her back to this very same spot.

Looking for someone who'd take pity on the lonely girl again.

"I..."

Don't want to be alone.

I... missed you.

I... I'm scared.

Of what?

everything, probably.

Katherine took a deep breath, letting it out as it released shakily she glanced back up to Sawyer.

"You."

She paused, swallowing the pride that was gone the moment she arrived on her front porch.

"I just want you, tonight."

Katherine threw caution to the wind and hardly allowed Sawyer to reply, closing the distance between them and colliding their lips together-- it was a kiss with fervor, passion, and... something else entirely Katherine couldn't even place. It was like every inch of her body was aching and Sawyer was the cold compress that solved everything. Kat was on fire and everything she tried to do couldn't put it out.

Sawyer broke the kiss and pushed her off gently.

"Kat--"

Katherine's gaze spoke for her, searching every inch of her face as she waited for Sawyer's rejection-- but it never came.

Sawyer pulled Kat in again, clearly craving her just as much as Katherine did affection.

__

Katherine shook her head with a scoff. Already regretting everything that was flowing through her head, every word that popped up, every single answer she could give Sawyer-- it didn't matter. Nothing was going to matter to her. They were messy, they were broken and there was no putting the pieces back together-- her words couldn't be used as glue and even if she tried? It'd shatter into a million pieces.

... she didn't regret it though.

Maybe Katherine was in the wrong, maybe she used her for comfort, maybe she used her to feel better about herself, to feel worthless when that second of insecurity had snuck up on her... and that second lasted as Katherine conscience decided it was enough torture for a day.

She hated Sawyer. Despised, even. Although it wasn't for the reason that everyone thinks... she didn't regret any of it.

And it's hard to say if she ever will.

They were face to face, barely inches from each other, close enough that she could practically feel her breath on her own skin.

Katherine let her arms fall, the smallest amount of a shrug appearing onto her shoulders as she fought her gaze to stay locked on Sawyer's eyes.

"...You could've just said no."
º º code by ditto º º

Tatum Browne

Tatum was more than grateful for Nomi’s kind words, compared to how everyone was reacting Zach’s outburst on Twitter. That outburst was still at the forefront of her mind and she wished more than anything she could forget about it. Instead all she could think was how everyone was judging not only him but for her choosing to stay with him. It was hard but she did love him, she wanted to stay with him, and they could get past this outburst. But what if they couldn’t? What if they couldn’t get past this problem, then what? They breakup? They avoid each other? Tatum didn’t want to lose her friend; she didn’t want to lose her first love.

As they continued down the road Tatum turned up the music in the car feeling the wind blow through her hair, she loved her moments with Nomi, she remembered all the chaos they caused as kids even though they were a year apart. She couldn’t believe after all these years they had remained close, most people drifted apart through the grades but not Nomes and her. They had survived the year apart between middle school and high school. It was by far the most boring year of school for Tatum and she remembered all the stories that both Noemie and Isa told her about high school.

As they continued on their drive Tatum finally started to feel more at ease. They passed by a trucker and Tatum saw his finger so far up his nose she couldn’t help but laugh at the sight. She couldn’t keep her giggles down enough to explain to Noemie what she had witnessed. Finally, once her giggles had died down, she explained the situation and only brought another fit of laughter to Tatum, it had been awhile since she had laughed so hard.

Along the highway Tatum sighed, “Let’s get off at the next exit. I don’t know what we will find but I need to stretch my legs and I have to pee.” She hoped that Noemie was on the same page, the drive had been nice, and Parish was far in the background for them. All the negativity away for now and no one could look at her and judge her, they were no one’s here. Tatum couldn’t remember the last time she wasn’t known by someone, and Parish made her feel as though she was always under some kind of microscope.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): LooneyLani LooneyLani

Stu
3.gif

“OLLY!!!”

Stu pounced at his good friend with an exaggerated excitement, but more importantly to jostle that statue of a boy aside so that he could reach his locker. He worked the lock and the door swung open and missed Oliver’s nose by a millimetre.

“I’ve got something for you!”

He reached in among the ant colonies and took out a box of Jaffa cakes and balanced one upright on his nose for no particular reason other than he fancied himself being a seal in a circus act.

“Dad said it’s for helping out at church the other day. He said he's so glad you came and helped. And a box for you as well, Vered.”

While he was fumbling for the second box of Jaffa cakes for Vered, an ant got on his hand and started venturing up the pale stretch of his arm. Instead of killing it with a thunderous clap like most kids would be inclined to do, Stu transferred the ant onto the tip of his finger and then returned it to the safety of the locker so that it could go back home to its little ant family. Godspeed little one.

“Oh, and I NEARLY forgot! Olly—I also got you this—”

Here Stu reached in his pocket, which was an abyss of chocolate wrappers, and produced a little brown-green keychain and planted it in Oliver’s hand.

“It was mine actually. But I thought you’d like it.”
m_597648785a49d0e69900342d.jpg

He bit his smile and gently turned away depositing the rest of his things into his locker. Yes, Stu did just come to school with a clear plastic bag with all his stationery in it and the occasional KitKat. The whereabouts of his backpack remained a mystery, although Max earlier brought glad tidings that it might have been in a place called Hockey House or somewhere or rather. He would have to wait until tonight to reunite with his beloved Stuart Little pencil case.

Meanwhile Oliver was stammering up a storm. Stu only caught a gist of what was being asked, but he replied as confidently as if it had all made perfect sense, and as if he had learnt to read his friend's mannerisms and understand his unique language.

“We were talking about the janitor, Herman Toothrot. You know that girl, Ivy. She gave a speech on him, about how he—” And then here he proceeded to repeat Ivy’s speech nearly verbatim, as well as her conclusions.

“I’ll bet you it was him that made those kids disappear,” he said with a gulp. “And Ivy thinks so too, and she’s quite smart, isn’t she? Much smarter than me. So it must be true.”

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Last edited:
MOOD: Antsy

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Stu Dede Dede
Vered Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy
tags
TL;DR Stu is best friend; gives adorable keychain and snacks. Tales of spooky janitor are relayed. Oliver attempts to make a run for the bathroom.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
Quiet people have the loudest minds

"AAGH!" Oliver yelped and stumbled back as Stu practically leaped at him, then used the space Oliver had moved from to burst open his locker, nearly cracking Oliver in the face with the door. Oliver, shaking like a leaf and wincing on every breath in, smiled anyway. Stu was... a lot, to say the least of it, but was the first person Oliver had ever known to be nice to him: offering his home so Oliver didn't have to drown in the storm, staying by his side the whole day at the beach, rescuing a whale together... it was as though they'd had a lifetime's worth of adventures already. Totally inseparable.

Anyway, Stu quickly found what he needed in his locker. Good, because the little black ants writhing around inside were starting to give Oliver palpitations. Suddenly imagining his own locker so overrun with ants, Oliver shuddered and resolved to never ever open a locker ever again.

Stu handed him and Vered each a small gift, thankfully free of ants. “Dad said it’s for helping out at church the other day. He said he's so glad you came and helped."

Stu's dad? The church.
The church that Stu's dad pastored.
Stu's dad was the pastor.
...oh no, there it all was again. Oliver had mistakenly robbed the family of his first and best friend, and there he was standing there with the ill-gotten $15 in his pocket... you know, the same pocket that held his ILLEGAL SWITCHBLADE that he stabbed someone with on Monday--
Oliver was just intrinsically predisposed to crime. Built for nothing but causing strife. He had all the moral sanctity of a comic-book supervillain. A terrible, vile excuse of a human being who only served to bring pain and woe to everything he touched.
This is why his family didn't love him. That had to be it.

Oliver looked very close to the edge of passing out cold on the floor, turning pale and taking a step back as soon as Stu handed him the box. "Oh. I... oh. Well. That's-- it's, well..." Oliver's stuttering half-sentences quickly dissolved into barely audible panicky whispers, holding onto the Jaffa Cakes box. He was grateful for them, though, as betrayed by the bright glint in his wide eyes. Between these and Lemon's turtle cookies, he had food for maybe a week if he was careful. Maybe he was in for a massive sugar crash, but it was better than having to steal again.
At least half the time, if Oliver wanted food he had to come by it himself.

Before Oliver could get too far into fretting over when the next time he'd have to commit a misdemeanor would be, Stu reached into his own pocket (presumably free of knives and stolen money), and pulled out a small object. He placed it into Oliver's shaky open hand with all the delicate formality of someone bestowing a wedding ring.

Oliver's eyes lit up, his free hand fluttering to the side of his face. "Hawksbill..." He whispered breathlessly, fingers closing gently around the small soft keychain as he rocked back and forth on his heels, unable to contain his excitement. "Their shells change color in different water temperatures. Supposedly. I-it's... it's subtle, I, uh... yes. Nothing! Thank you." He swallowed back on the turtle facts very quickly, suddenly a little afraid of wearing on his friends' nerves with them. He thought it better to save those speeches for the one person who specifically and explicitly said it was okay to take them to her.

Oliver went back to ask what they were talking about before... all of this, because it had seemed important, and even though the words weren't coming to him at all, Stu seemed to intuit what he was trying to get at.

Toothrot, the janitor. Oliver had been caught up in a few interactions with the man. One time, he'd given some ominous warning about watching where one was going in the dark, after which Oliver immediately slipped on a wet patch on the floor and busted his elbow. Evidently, the man was both a psychic and a harbinger of despair.
Oliver was sort of afraid of everyone, so it wasn't like his immediate distrust of the janitor was out of the ordinary, but Stu's tale seemed to suck the air straight out of his lungs, leaving him helpless to interject as Stu continued the grave allegations.
Stu confessed these came from Ivy... Oliver was pretty sure he had a computer science class with an Ivy. Was she smart? Oliver must assume so if she was taking a class with the sophomores. But she was also kind of incredibly mean, wasn't she? She was the one who poked at the back of his head until he panicked and swung his whole backpack into another kid's head. She was also the one who dropped a plastic spider on him in the library. Oliver was also pretty sure she had something to do with at least 3 of Stu's cruel nicknames.
It didn't really matter who Ivy was, though, if she knew something about abduction-possibly-murders.

Biting at his knuckles and anxiously darting his eyes to the side, feeling as though the oxygen in the hallway had all been vacuumed away, Oliver quickly took a step back, at which his bladder gave a sharp and painful reminder that he had very little time to take care of his needs before class and he would not be able to wait until after. He shrank away, seeming to avoid looking at anything for more than a short second. "I... sorry. I have to... bathroom. Right away. Sorry. You guys, if the janitor... if... will... if the... if..."

He felt his throat close on any possibility of offering any further response.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Broke

basics
MENTIONS: Harper

INT: Katherine Soap Soap

tags
TL;DR She wasn't enough.
tl;dr
Sawyer
I'm Georgia Peachy, believe me.

Face to face, in a position that Sawyer had found herself in with Kat so many damn times, except this time the things running through her head were a whole lot different. Every second that passed with them just staring at each other was another second that Sawyer felt so completely helpless under Katherine’s gaze. It was pathetic really, how someone who she hated so much could just look at her and pull her apart at her seams. Sawyer wasn’t strong enough to steel herself away like Kat could, she couldn’t pretend that looking at Kat didn’t make her feel like a kid again. Like she was standing at the threshold of something great but the door was locked. No matter how much Sawyer slammed into and clawed at that door, she was never going to be let in. Kat was locked up tight and Sawyer had always just felt like an outsider with a front row seat, a spectator to Kat’s life, locked behind the glass and unable to get to the girl inside. Sawyer had opened up to Kat almost as soon as she could get close enough to her and now she couldn’t get her out. No matter how much Sawyer played up her too tough to die act, she was entirely too soft, for Kat at least. Sawyer Andrews fell too quickly and she fell entirely too hard and now she was stuck in a grave that she had dug for herself and Kat had always just been piling more dirt on top of her, burying her alive. Sawyer had been too busy marvelling at the sky to notice the dirt flying into her face and before she knew it she was suffocating. She had only just begun to dig herself out and now here Kat was again and Sawyer was already falling apart.

Sawyer’s face softened when Kat tripped over her words, only managing to slip out an “I” before they were just looking at eachother again. Sawyer hated this. She hated how Kat could do this to her without even trying. She hated how after all of the shit they went through, Sawyer would still drop everything if Kat ever asked. Sawyer would still let that tear stained and rain soaked girl into her room. She would still run her fingers through dark hair that was curling up from the rain and think about how much more she liked her hair curled like that. Sawyer would still melt the second Kat looked up at her with those eyes that always looked like they were holding back a massive storm. No matter how much Sawyer wanted to hate Kat or how much she wanted to be able to close her heart off to the world like Kat, she couldn’t. Sawyer could never hate her like that and that was what she hated. Because if she could, maybe that night wouldn’t have finally tossed her over the edge.

~~~~~

Katherine was standing in the middle of Sawyer’s bedroom, rain water dripping from her hair and clothes and all Sawyer wanted to do was wrap her up in a towel and tell her everything was going to be okay. But she couldn’t, she had to protect herself. But Katherine was looking down at her shoes like a little kid afraid to tell her parents she’d written on the wall. Somewhere on the walls in Sawyer’s room there was a name carved into the plaster that Sawyer had covered over with a poster a long time ago because she couldn’t look at it anymore. There had been nights where Sawyer had just stared at that name and smiled but now all it brought her was pain. So she covered it up.

Sawyer’s heart throbbed painfully when Kat looked back up at her and somewhere in the room a poster curled and started to fall off the wall. When Katherine looked at her like that, Sawyer’s entire world faded to the background. When she looked at her like that, all of the hurt that she had brought the Sawyer was suddenly swept away in the wind. She could feel herself beginning to slip before Kat even said anything, she didn’t have to say anything. Sawyer would’ve given in even if Kat hadn’t spoken. But when she did, when she spoke and those words came tumbling out of her mouth, so soft and quiet that Sawyer almost didn’t hear, she was gone.

“You. I just want you, tonight.”

There was a beat where Sawyer felt paralyzed but then Katherine’s mouth was on hers and Sawyer couldn’t do anything to stop her. Every fiber of her being was on fire. Kat’s hands were cold on her neck, her arms, everywhere. They were cold but everywhere she touched was left singed, with the ghost of a touch remaining tingling at her nerves far after Kat’s hands were gone. Her heart was trying to claw itself out of her chest because it wanted so badly to wrap itself around Kat and Sawyer knew she wouldn’t be able to stop soon so she pushed her away only briefly, a weak protest at best.

“Kat..”

What was she supposed to say? No? I hate you? Get out? Please? That’s what her body said the second that she pulled Kat back to her because Sawyer couldn’t say no. She could never say no so she said please.

Please, love me.

~~~~~

All Sawyer ever wanted was to be good enough. She wished that she could have been good enough. Sawyer gave everything she had to Katherine Navarro and it wasn’t good enough. Nothing she ever did was good enough. So she begged and pleaded with the girl, trying so helplessly to draw out emotions that didn’t exist. Sawyer had woken up in that bed the next day alone and that was the first time in a long time that she had cried. She remembered Harper telling her she had to get Kat off her mind but she couldn’t, she didn’t want to, Sawyer never wanted to lose those scars that Kat left her with. Because after all this, after all the times she woke up alone that’s still what she wanted.

All Sawyer ever wanted was to be good enough.

Why wasn’t she good enough?

Sawyer felt the stinging behind her eyes before a tear even fell down her cheek and soon they were pouring. Her face was hard but her eyes were drowning. Because she couldn’t have said no. It was impossible for her to say no. No matter if she understood that Kat would never love her back, every waking thought had been her. And she couldn’t say no even if she wanted to.

Sawyer locked eyes with Katherine and stepped that much closer to her, dropping any wall that she had erected and leaving her completely raw. How could she have ever said no?

“Tell me how I was supposed to say no to you, Katherine.”

code by valen t.

MOOD: amused

OUTFIT: - FINALLY IK

basics
MENTIONS:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

INT:
Dazzle Dazzle
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

“That’s the thing, Harper,” Zach bragged, “I don’t get caught.”

His shoulder defended against the chilled metal locker next doors to Harper’s, waiting till the tinfoiled doors of hers shut with a whirr. Zach couldn’t explain why he was following Sawyer’s friend around even when she indicted him of it. As far as anyone was concerned, Zachary Lee had no morals for kindness let alone new friendships; the world was one-sided and cruel. Everyone looked out for themselves, revvying awful cars and having no brake lights for those who were untouched and inexperienced. Hurling accidents, that was what they did, and the greatest part about it was that they were on their own mileage of sadistic and sad. Their serotonin smiles were held together by late night alcohol and an elixir of pills. Their plastic nails were painted in a color that was carved but never wanted, and they walked on charges with straight backs even when from behind they were cut open like batteries of a smoldering engine. But, he had no room to be sickened by them because he was one of those drivers. Had he not been raging the road this morning? Throw him into the crowd like Claire Malkovich and Jack Fowler and Kyle. Only: could you even tell the difference?

“Most times, anyways,” he admits, nodding in nostalgia. Then, wickedly, he simplified, “How do you think I got in and out of pretty girls’ rooms? Lexi Farrington’s dad did catch me one time and I definitely remember selling the story with a whole line on Geicko save 15% or more on dic- ”

“Really, the best exit ever made,” before he viciously judged, “But, Max, isn’t exactly a heartthrob or pretty.”

At the word, his eyes flickered to the brunette. Scarlet lips and dark brown eyes were rarely so puzzling and fascinating. They were beginning to move along the hallway, her binder hugged close to her chest. Zachary Lee lousily strained his curiosity and his neck when he yawed his head her way, retorting, “You like him, right?” The question lost itself in the mayhem of Parish Point’s hallways. Students and classmates welled it in total volume now like the seagulls he gazed on cloudless ocean days.

“Sawyer gave ideas for the plan,” he recovered from distant thoughts as they approached a thinner hallway, “They aren’t my style. To help him go pick up his car? It’s not exciting-”

“But, I suppose that the knuckle brain of hers works sometimes.” On a whim, he dangled out a key, “Want to come?”

His eyes gleamed, “So, you can obviously watch the mission and also to help your I am the girl who is a straight-laced geek who actually is a rebel in sneakers trope.”

code by valen t.

MOOD: Anxious but so happy

basics

INT: Ashley

tamarapasek tamarapasek
tags
TL;DR: Dustin ♡ Ashley
tl;dr
Dustin Thackery
I wish I could get my head out of the sand
because I think we'd make a good team...
Ashley's praise made Dustin blush deeper, looking down at his feet bashfully before meeting her gaze again with a shy smile. "Ah, don't mention it." Hands shoved in his pockets, he happily watched Ashley stick the pin onto her backpack, beyond thrilled that she seemed to like the little brooch. Still, there was something about that word she used...friend, that gave him a quick, sharp jab in the heart.

A friend. Was that all she'd ever see him as? Not that he expected her to fall madly in love with him just because he gave her some lame pin. The boy pushed some sandy curls back from his eyes, willing himself to just stop thinking for a moment, to somehow return to his usual zen-like chill state of mind. It really wasn't like him to be so anxious. Besides, Dustin was no stranger to silly, unrequited crushes. He was basically just an overgrown puppy at heart, endlessly seeking love and affection, and would quickly grow attached to anyone that threw a crumb of attention his way.

But this thing with Ashley was different. She wasn't just some random girl that smiled at him a few times. This ridiculously cute, funny, spunky girl was a cherished friend of his, first and foremost. He'd be devastated if things...got weird between them on account of his stupid feelings.

"Where you going? I'll walk with you," Dustin insisted, blithely waving off all protestations that he needed to get to his own class on time. If it meant a little more time looking at Ashley in a snug crop top, he would gladly face the wrath of his prickly old math teacher. "Come on, little buddy." He slung an arm around her shoulders, playfully pulling the girl along before releasing her to hook his thumbs onto his backpack straps. "So you're not nervous for tryouts then?" Dustin absently tugged at the straps in an attempt to redistribute the weight of the heavy books currently oppressing his shoulders, threatening to throw his young spine out of alignment.

"Just be glad I'm not trying out. I mean, I totally would, but I don't want to show you up with my amazing athletic skills," He teased flirtatiously, but his statement was mainly designed to make her laugh with how patently absurd a notion it was. Ashley was well aware of what a clumsy, uncoordinated oaf Dustin was, not to mention an absolute walking disaster; without a doubt, he'd end up dropping the first unfortunate soul he attempted to lift.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Meh

basics
MENTIONS:
@thecheerleaders

INT:
Soap Soap (kat)
tags
TL;DR football practice
tl;dr
Hayden Anderson
you get what you give

The rain splatted against the turf. The whole team was rather miserable from the fall rain pounding down upon them during practice. Coach had no intention of letting up anytime soon, long before practice ended the boys were covered in a thick layer of mud, the cold air made their bones quiver. When Coach finally let the boys quit for the day, they all made a beeline for the showers. Hayden made sure he was one of the first in, as newly minted captain this year, he deserved it. Right?

Hayden let the water run down his skin, warming his body from the outside in. He wasn’t sure he recuperated from the night prior. He couldn’t find the energy to get out of the shower, despite his teammates constant grumbles and fists banging on the tiles outside. “Hayden!” Brad yelled.

“Come on man!” Said another.

Hayden leaned his head against the tile, breathing in the steam from the hot shower. “Dude, you’re going to waste all the hot water.” Chandler yelled.

“It’s not wasting if I’m using it.” Hayden retorted, he sighed leaning back he reached forward and turned the knob off. Wrapping a towel around his torso he stepped out shaking his hair out splashing his teammates with the water droplets that came flying off the ends of his hair. “It’s all yours.” He rolled his eyes, rubbing the back of his head with a smaller towel.

Hayden changed back into his jeans and sweatshirt, happy to finally be in a dry pair of clothes once again. He looked in the mirror, gripping the edge of the porcelain sink under the pads of his fingertips, the bags under his eyes were less sever compared to yesterday, but still there. It probably didn’t help that he never slept well at home, only ever able to sleep for a few hours at a time.

Hayden pushed himself off the sink, getting his bag out of his gym locker before slamming it shut. He wasn’t sure what was bothering him, but something was stuck in his head, begging to get out.

He swung the door open, bouncing off the wall as he walked outside to find that the storm was over, and the sun was bright and shining once again. Of course, the worst of the weather had happened during football practice.

Hayden’s eyes drifted across the field, finding that cheer tryouts had begun. He raised his eyebrows, interest peeked just enough. Kathrine Navarro was back in town and seemed to pick up right where she left off, ruling the school. Hayden had no plans to go home quite yet, and well, Kat seemed like rather good entertainment for the afternoon, whether she was making some girl cry over their splits or reminding them of every insecurity they ever had.

Hayden made his way across the field, readjusting his backpack as he took a seat on the bleachers, placing it at his feet. Hayden leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. So many freshman, and misfits, it looked like the island of misfit toys. His eyes drifted and noticed the goblin from the other night who had attempted to tell him how horrible he was to Tatum. Well that was at least what he figured she was trying to say, she seemed to drunk to actually be able to speak a full sentence that night.

‘this should be interesting.’ Hayden thought to himself a small smirk took place on his face.
code by valen t.

MOOD: worried for Max

basics
MENTIONS:
KingofAesir KingofAesir (sawyer)
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (max)

INT:
lion. lion. (zach)

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DRhelping zach with max rescue mission
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.
“You don’t get caught?” Harper rolled her eyes. “I find that hard to believe, that you have never gotten caught.” She pressed her back of off the wall of lockers, turning to face Zach, she let out a small chuckle as he began to tell stories of how he would get out of trouble, using a Geicko line.

“Lexi Farrington’s dad must be missing a few good braincells if he fell for that one.” She dropped her head shaking it, maybe a small smile cracked.

“What, are you saying Max isn’t your type either?” Her eyes were seriously getting a workout from the amount of time she was spending with Zach. She laughed lightly heading towards her next class, unaware of Zachary Lee’s feet following after hers.

Harper clutched her binder close to her chest as she walked towards her study-hall. “I think you should go with Sawyer’s plan, seems a bit more thought out then the Geicko line.” Harper pressed her lips thinly together. “I don’t think Dr. and Mrs. Berkowitz will fall for that one.” She shook her head, thinking about Zach coming up to the Berkowitz’s and trying to convince them that he was there to sell them car insurance, while Max snuck out the window.

“Sawyer’s pretty good at planning, they tend to usually be a bit more chaotic, but somehow they always work out.” Harper stopped in front of the classroom of her study-hall. “Though, this one is pretty relaxed, so hopefully it goes as smoothly.” She went to turn on her heal to go into her class. As a senior it wasn’t required of them to stay for study hall as the last class of the day, but Harper liked the quiet room to do her homework in, outside of her own home.

Zach dangled his car keys in front Harper’s face. “I am not a ‘straight-laced’ geek.” Harper pulled her binder closer to her chest as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. She was almost one-hundred percent sure that Zach was not going to be able to accomplish this, how was he even supposed to talk to Max when he got in the car. How was Max supposed to put up with Zach alone, Harper understood why Max hadn’t asked her or Sawyer… Well she really didn’t understand, she could of easily picked him up and said it was to help get his car… But then again, Dr. Berkowitz would have probably felt comfortable enough to jump into Harper’s car with her and drive to the beach. And then no one would be showing up at the Hawking House…. ‘huh… that’s an idea…’ No, no, it was too late, and Harper didn’t want to miss out on the Cat Killer Hunt.

“Fine.” She extended her arms out, letting her binder fall towards her torso. “I’ll come with you, just so you don’t mess it up.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: Hyped up

basics
MENTIONS: Harper, Ryan, Max, Oliver and Austin

INT: Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

tags
TL;DR Sawyer screamed and the entire school probably heard that shit. PSA: There is no rabid animal.
tl;dr
Sawyer
I'm Georgia Peachy, believe me.

After the whole ordeal with Kat in the locker room, Sawyer had no desire to return to classes anytime soon. She kind of just wandered aimlessly about the halls, stopping only once at Harper’s locker to retrieve the juice box that she’d stashed inside that morning. Sawyer poked the straw through the little hole and the top of the box and brought the straw to her lips. She’d always had a tendency to bite straws since she was a little kid and it didn’t stop now. The straw was all bent at a weird angle and flattened when Sawyer removed it from her mouth as she pulled her phone out of her back pocket. There were entirely too many people fucking around on there for the middle of a school day, but it wasn’t like she was concerned about their quality of education anyway. Besides, it would be boring if she had no one to talk to while wandering. Apparently, Max Berkowitz had gone and played hookey and Sawyer could feel this weird warmth blooming up in her chest as she spoke to him about it. Was that pride? Sawyer reached up and wiped a fake tear away from her eye even though there was no one there to see her do it. They grow up too fast, don’t they?

Just as Sawyer was about to take another sip of her nectar of the gods in a box, a blight on the earth rounded the corner with another blight on the earth hot on his tail. Mr. Schmidt eyed Sawyer suspiciously but made no move to say anything, Austin, on the other hand, raised his slimy hands up in a completely malicious wave. The boy waggled his fingers and even had the audacity to smirk at her. Austin gave her the creepy crawlies. The boy was like a leech and the second he got wind of anything remotely drama worthy he stirred the pot until the pot exploded. Sawyer physically shivered as the two of them walked past, seemingly in the middle of a conversation about...well she didn’t exactly know what about. All Sawyer heard was Austing saying something along the lines of, “It’s easier that way. There’s no ethical stuff to worry about, right?” Mr. Schmidt simply responded with tsk and a shake of his head before they were turning the corner out of Sawyer’s earshot. What the fuck? Sawyer shook off the weird encounter and went back to scrolling through Twitter.

Once she got through lots of people yelling at Max and avoided a potential death by persuading Max that it was, in fact, not smart to attack Ryan Gustavo. Also random turtle facts from that Oliver kid. She was soon on a mission to retrieve one Lemon Pierce from the clutches of Mr. Dozer. Suddenly, Sawyer felt like the troublesome kid in one of those cheesy CW shows and her mission today was to cause the biggest ruckus she could manage and potentially get a girl out of class while doing it. A million ideas ran through her head as she rerouted herself to Mr. Dozer’s class. The door was closed when she got there and she peered carefully through the small window in the door, attempting to gauge whether the man was in the middle of a lecture or not. He was, which meant this would be the perfect time to enact the plan she had decided on about three seconds ago. Sawyer sucked down the last of her juice and tossed the empty box into a trash can a little down the hall from Mr. Dozer’s door. She reached up and messed her hair a little, trying to make it look like she had just been running from something. With a quick glance down the halls around her to make sure no one was actually watching Sawyer shook her arms and legs about like she was warming up to go on stage.

“Okay, on the count of three.” She pushed up the sleeves of her denim jacket, “One, two, three.” Sawyer let out the most blood curdling scream she could manage, taking off in a dead sprint down the hallway and bursting through the door into Mr. Dozer’s room. The students inside looked up in confusion and a very bedraggled looking Sawyer barely managed to speak around fake hyperventilating.

“Mr. Dozer, oh my god, there’s some kind of animal loose out there! It looks rabid, it almost bit me!” Sawyer’s voice was pitched up at least and octave and shook and wavered with every word. Her eyes were wide and skin pale, it looked like she’d just seen a ghost, “I think we need to call someone. Could you? Please?” Sawyer blinked once, twice, even stuck out her bottom lip for good measure. Mr. Dozer looked almost as panicked as Sawyer and simply nodded his head.

“Class dismissed.” He spoke to his class before turning back to Sawyer. “Where was the animal?”

“A couple of halls over. I kept running to make sure I lost it.” Sawyer didn’t lose her ragged breathing, leaning up against the wall like she was exhausted.

“Okay, everyone leave very cautiously. Get outside while I go see what’s going on.” He turned back to Sawyer, “What’s your name? I’ve never had you before.”

“Claire Malkovitch.” Sawyer answered, surprising even herself with the complete lack of hesitation. Mr. Dover nodded and then left the class room. Sawyer peaked out the door to make sure he was gone before completely dropping her act and smiling at the terrified looking Juniors in front of her.

“Well, that was fun.” Sawyer pushed herself off the wall and glanced pointedly at Lemon with a cock-sure grin plastered across her face, “Lemon, let’s escape before he finds out I’m not Claire Malkovitch and there is no rabid animal in the school.” The other students in the classroom just stared with blank confusion as Sawyer walked out of the class to wait for Lemon

code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back