• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Dying inside

basics
MENTIONS:
Liz PenguinFox PenguinFox
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

INT:
Noémie LooneyLani LooneyLani
Graham Dazzle Dazzle
Ivy @me

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
Max bit off more than he can chew, and he knows it, but he's going to do this stupid thing anyway because a promise is a promise.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

Give until it hurts

The walk to the town hall with Noémie was long, bitterly cold, and plagued by the pounding headache that seemed to rattle Max's poor brain around in his skull.

He had his bike lock looped over his shoulder, his phone and keys safely in his pockets, but he had the lingering ominous feeling that he was forgetting something. Thinking too hard about it hurt, so he let the thought slide off, trying to ease his addled mind by watching the red and orange leaves overhead flutter in the wind and drift to the ground. New England was known for its beautiful autumn foliage, and Max was always one to appreciate it when it came around. It was one of those things that made him happy he wound up here, and though he'd never let on to it, he needed that right now. He had a lot to worry about, even aside from the protest he had gotten himself into.

Isa was gone, and her last words to Max threatened that she might have plans to hurt herself or disappear never to return.
Tatum and Maxine were pissed at him... for good reason, perhaps. He may or may not have snapped at them for being stoic about the situation and called them bad friends.
...Yeah. Looking back on that, Max could see why that was uncalled for. He'd have to find some time later to apologize for being a dick.
But the point stood that he was worried, more worried than he ever had been about anything ever in his whole life. Terrified that he was on the brink of losing a friend, and terrified all the more that there wasn't a single thing he could do about it.

Max hated feeling helpless. It was tantamount, in his eyes, to being useless. If he couldn't do anything to help people, they didn't really need him around, did they?

He could have sworn he felt his heart stopping and starting like a broken microwave, sweat pricking the back of his neck, but he kept his head high and his face neutral, eyes steadily cast up towards the town hall as they finally arrived at the cold and imposing building.

Chin up, Max. You're fine. Imagining his own hands in his head as usual, chiding himself for wanting to back out of his little rebellion against the town. After everything you said? No. Finish what you started.

If Max promised to do something, it would get done.
Even if he knew, in his heart of hearts, that it was pretty stupid and likely to get him and everyone else involved in a lot of trouble.

Two younger kids, holding signs and talking, were already stationed by the door at the top of the steps. Max recognized Graham, Hartfield's beloved football mascot. The other was a girl with dark hair who looked more like a middle school kid than a high schooler. She was one of the public school kids, Max guessed. Anyway, he was glad to have some more people on his side, at least. He waved up at them, forcing a confident smile. "Thanks for showing up so early!" He signed without thinking about it, his face dropping just as soon as his middle finger slid from the back of his right hand.
Fucking stupid, Max.
He should've remembered that the friend who usually volunteered to interpret for him was volunteering for something else this morning.
He backtracked, shrugging sheepishly. "...Nice signs!" He voiced out loud, fighting off the feeling of resentment at having to do so. Obviously it wasn't anyone's fault, it was just... really annoying. Not his favorite skill to have to employ.

In the presence of other people, Max suddenly felt very awkward and alone. He realized now that it would be a challenge to communicate with most of these people. He had Noémie and Liz, but Harper was usually his interpreter. She wouldn't be here-- she'd promised her time to the soup kitchen, as had most of the other high school kids. God, why hadn't Max done the same?

Who did he think he was, trying to organize things?

Max had stopped, lost in his own thoughts, staring blankly up at the doors in front of him when he came back to his senses. Oh, no. Here we go. He stalked up the steps, coming face to face with the set of large wooden double doors he'd be stuck on for the foreseeable future.

Disrupt the day. Keep everyone out, long enough to draw the attention of the police and the press. Let them know what we have to say. Let them know that Parish Point needs to change.
Before someone gets hurt.

Max realized, on some level, that this was about more than just yesterday's whale incident for him. He'd known, for a long time, that Parish Point's youth were suffering in underfunded schools, an ongoing substance abuse problem that affected some of his close friends... hell, even the party last night showcased how all those kids used alcohol to cope, even turning to violence... at least in Ryan's case. And no one seemed to care. Certainly not the people who claimed to keep the town safe and orderly.

Yep, there it was. That was why he had to do this.
With the first breath of genuine confidence he'd had all morning, Max slid his bike chain off his shoulder, looped it between the door handles and his upper arm, and locked himself into place.

It would be quite a chore for anyone to break him off without damaging the doors. Or his arm. Would the cops break a 16-year-old activist's arm over disturbing the peace?
Probably.
Max cringed at the thought, but glanced back at Noémie and nodded hesitantly in a reassuring gesture that was more for himself than anyone else.

You should've assigned a co-organizer, dumbass.

You thought you could do this by yourself?

He awkwardly slid his hand into his pocket, in a weak attempt to appear casual and in charge.

Maybe they'd attract some attention from passers-by? Maybe Noémie or Liz could help talk people into joining or listening in? He really should've thought about how he was going to communicate with his own damn group.

He felt sick.

Should've thought of that before you went and got drunk like an idiot. Who accidentally gets drunk!? Stupid.

code by valen t.

tumblr_inline_oyvdumY31p1tect6h_400.gifv
Tatum enjoyed the company of Stu and Jules, something about them made her feel at ease, less concerned with how she had to be. Stu was awkward and Jules was new and trying to make friends. Tatum knew making friends was hard, and she had always been the person to befriend newcomers, to try and make their arrival to the abysmal town slightly better. The KitKat was strange but in the same way endearing, Tatum didn’t plan on eating the slightly smushed candy bar, but she would be nice and take it, “Thanks for the candy, it’s really thoughtful of you to carry these.” Tatum wished more people could be as thoughtful as Stu, but she knew that the world didn’t operate on being thoughtful, it operated on being selfish unless you had someone to impress.

When she thought back to the whale, she felt proud for a moment, “Yeah, I helped out with the whale, didn’t smell too great afterwards, but who smells good after being soaked in whale water?” she couldn’t help but chuckle a little at herself. Though she thought to the party and everything that could have gone wrong for her. Her best friend making-out with Maxine, her boyfriend disappearing with Colby, and then she yelled at Oliver. Oliver. That poor kid, Ryan had did a number on him and Hayden had really saved the kid, “Oliver. His name is Oliver. He’s okay. I guess. Hayden took him to the hospital last night. I don’t really know much more. Sorry Jules. I wish I could give you more information to help.” Tatum still felt the wave of guilt pass through her. She had been so harsh to the boy without knowing the story. She had jumped the gun and now she had to deal with those consequences.

As they began to make their way to the kitchen, she noticed Juliet looking around and Tatum knew the exact look all too well. She looked back at Stu, “Hey, Stuart Little. We’ll catch up with you. Thanks for the candy, you’re a good guy.” Tatum made her way to Juliet, “Hey why don’t you step outside and get some air. I need to smoke anyways. It’s been stressful. I’ll meet you outside okay?” she gave the girl a small rub on her back before she passed by the indoor smokers. She plucked each cigarette from their hands and put them out, “Smoke outside, losers” Tatum walked out the front door and down the to the bottom step before she sat down.

Her head throbbed from the hangover, her stomach barely holding the partial muffin. Her pocket lined with the box of cigarettes and single lighter, she needed to feel less stressed. More like herself.

Isa couldn’t stop her from smoking if she didn’t see her smoke. As she pulled the small white cylinder from the box and brought it to her lips, she thought about what she had said, what she had done, and it was stupid. Tatum wasn’t someone to discuss her feelings. Why had she said it? She meant it, but she knew Zach would never feel that way about her. Why would he? She was pretty sure, but that didn’t mean he would love her. As her phone buzzed alive with Twitter, Tatum was tired. Tired of fighting with Zach, tired of fighting with friends. She was tired overall, and it was her own doing. All she had to do was let the issues go, pretend like they didn’t exist and in the end she’d be fine. As she took a drag of her cigarette letting the smoke go, she hoped the smoke would take her problems away too.

Dede Dede sunnieside sunnieside

main-qimg-d915ec8829634ce5da4021f7eae48798-c
HELLO
my name is
Harley
Well, that beach party was an interesting disaster. Harley wasn’t exactly surprised at how chaotic the party had gotten, but the way the chaos had ensued was pretty unexpected. Would they write about it? Maybe, but there wasn’t really much to go on, except for the fact that a party meant to celebrate the beach clean-up and whale saving had ended up, as mentioned earlier, a disaster.

But the previous event wasn’t really that memorable for Harley to stay on. Right now, the protest was their current plan for today. However, they were merely there to observe the event unfold rather than actually participating in it. In fact, Harley didn’t really care about the protest itself; they were mostly neutral about it. Though the protest may have been planned out of good intentions, the whole thing was riddled with several flaws. At least from Harley’s point of view.

Like previous night’s shindig, this protest was bound to end up a disaster somehow.

Harley arrived at the edge of the town hall lot about some time after 9 a.m., the poster’s timestamp for the protest. They noticed only two people there, with the exception of bystanders just wandering around the area and going about their day. Granted, today was also the soup kitchen volunteer thing, so that would explain the lack of attendance for the protest.

“This is just sad,” Harley muttered under their breath. They found a bench nearby the site to sit on after chaining their mountain bike to the bike rack. Letting their digital camera hang loose around their neck from a strap, they occupied their free time on their phone.

Some time afterward, while their purple nail-polished thumbs typed some notes, Harley spotted two more people appear, one of them being the protest organizer, Max, who was obviously still suffering from a hangover. From what Harley remembered reading through Twitter, that kid had unintentionally gotten himself drunk at the whale beach party last night. This was one of those flaws Harley had noticed—showing up somewhat hungover might not make this protest look good to the spectators.

“There’s a trash can across the street if he needs to throw up,” Harley said in a dull tone, adjusting the settings to their camera. “Some folks nearby might have a hard time paying attention to someone choking on their own vomit.”

TAGS: Max, ivy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift , Noemie LooneyLani LooneyLani , Graham Dazzle Dazzle

Last edited:
Stuart Little
gHgawVL.gif

Little hi little lo little hey little ho

“It’s okay if it’s kinda smooshed, you just kept it warm.”

That comment from Juliet made Stu blush so much he forgot how to walk and slammed his leg into a metal chair. If that wasn’t embarrassing enough, he then proceeded to bump into the side of Tatum and got some muffin dust on her shirt. “Oof— Sorry!”

She said he *smooshed* it.

Smooshed.

But he probably didn’t mean to repeat the word out loud.

“I always carry KitKats around,” he told Tatum. “I used to carry them in my bag, but my bag was stolen, just yesterday! So now I have to carry them in my pockets. Just for now though. Until I get a new bag. But that’s why they’re. .. erm. . . smooshed.”

The boy-mouse limped the rest of the way down the corridor, wondering what excitements awaited them in the kitchen. Dishwashing didn’t sound like a load of fun, but you wouldn’t bet against Stu finding some way of turning it into an adventure.

As they approached the door, the news finally reached his mouse-ears that some unfortunate person had died at the party. Wait, what? Someone DIED? Stu’s phone had been out of commission for only one night, and he had already missed a major DEATH!!

“Huh? W. . . who died?”

His voice was filled with dread, but also the thrill of a boy who had never had anything remotely exciting happen in his life. After all, Stu did spend his entire childhood watching sheep graze on Sheep Street, so it was understandable that the prospect of a death of a schoolmate would excite him.

But then Tatum said the name, and the boy’s whole face paled with a heavy realisation.

By now they were in the kitchen. “Sorry, I’ve got to—” He did not allow himself to finish the sentence. Forgetting his limp he scurried across the room ramming into a number of other people without apology.

Stu had never had someone close to him die. He’d never even been to a funeral. Since he was possibly Oliver’s only friend, besides Vered, he might have to give a eulogy. Stu did not like giving speeches. The last time he gave a speech he got the hiccups halfway through, and although the teacher was sympathetic his classmates were anything but. They laughed and laughed and— oh, imagine if Stu got the hiccups while speaking at Oliver’s funeral!! “Oliver was a real good friend of mine and *EUICCU--*.” Then they might start calling him Hiccup, and soon he was going to need a notebook to keep track of all the nicknames he’d accumulated besides Neck Tie and Trash Can and Kit Kat and Happy Meal and Stuart Little and Ratatouille and God knows what else.

Stu didn’t think he had asthma like Vered. But it turned it he did, because he could hardly breathe and his lungs had sunk so deeply in his chest it felt like he was dragging them behind his feet and tripping over the pair of them.

Oliver was dead? If he was then who was that kid with the black hair standing over there in the corner? A ghost? A ghost of Christmas past, come to visit him dragging bells and chains?

“Oliver!”

Oliver was with other people. No problem. Stu, glaring sceptically at Oliver's new company, dragged him two steps away by the arm and studied him for cuts and bruises and blood and signs of rigor mortis.

“The hell man! What happened? How’d you die?!"

sunnieside sunnieside Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Chimney Swift Chimney Swift tamarapasek tamarapasek PenguinFox PenguinFox

MOOD: mixed, but basically zach

OUTFIT: -

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Dazzle Dazzle
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

“So, what if I am?” covertly revealed Zach, “Escaping. Selfish. Characterless.”

His shoulders tossed to a light shrug with a picturesque smile that sustains itself like a hotel. Any moment now, and it would empty.

“Is it really all that bad?” He drawled.

His whole life he’d been this way. Those who were close to him let those things about him go. That was particularly why he loved his strangers; they didn’t dismiss his character. “You had us scared. Where-just where were you?” Rose, his sister, wailed at ten years old when fourteen year old Zach clocked in about a quarter hour before sunrise. She was in a trance in which the inertia that followed, astounded her legs. Adjacent from him in juniper pajamas with straggly, long blonde hair and voluminous eyes which have parables far afield the Rapunzel’s towers and rejoiceful ever afters, Rose Lee was in utter mystification of his disappearance and unsoundly arrival. A teddy bear tucked under her armpit did not comfort her. She began bawling, tears leaking in droplets which dampened her cheeks. Zachary Lee hadn’t moved. He was just a cryptic shadow who made not a single croak of noise. Thomas Lee—doctor of the heart and longtime cardiologist could tell on the sorts of whereabouts, but never the whys. Perhaps, it was because he was a doctor; they cut damaged hearts out and replaced them. A foot of a bill was printed, and they were on to their next patient.

Zachary Lee reeked of stale cigarette smoke and alcohol from the party downtown. He was weak with a smidgened jaw as if he fell asleep on an ashtray, with traces of lipstick tracked on the stitchedly smooth line up his neck, and evident spills of blotched liquor on his shirt. Had it not been for the immediate stern hold of shoulders by his father, the joints in his legs would keel over like sand does to water. Through and through, the doctor stared, silver rimmed glasses tight and backed up onto the bones of his nose. His father wanted to yell. He wanted to shout, and stretch the faults, sins, and wrongs in a voice which bounces from the core of this earth to the busted tops of the sky. But, he feared. Zach knew that he feared to say something so ordinary, but so damaging that it’d push his son away. He knew that the doctor couldn’t recognize his eyes, that if they were mixed up with his mother’s, he wouldn’t know which one belonged to the woman who hurt him and which ones belonged to his son. “No, doc.” Zach patted his dad’s shoulder, “You don’t understand. I feel great,” were his only words when the silence perpetuated behind his sister’s stuffy sniffling. He’d say it again, softly, eyelids drooping. “I feel great.” His dad’s arms held him as he passed out.

You are not wrong at all, Harper.

Hurriedly, he breaks out with, “You’re bothering me with the eyebrow thing you're doing.”

He bandaged his wounds with his pride, “Although, I could be mistaking all the signs. Is this your way of flirting with boys?”

He resumed to grin at her, boyishly. For an outsider, Harper was nonidentical to whom he usually talked to. She was, in a permitted sense of observation, fairly appealing like all whom he engaged in conversation with. But, she was a first to be so blunt with her glaring eyes and crossed arms.

“Don’t say anything,” he says, when he sees her lips twitching to say something, “I really don't want to hear what you want to say. I mean... I could, but-”

He kicked off the wall, “That would be reversing what we started.” He laughs lightly, a caramelized sound that’s warm and sweet, “Don’t let me run you out of a reason to make me the one thing we agreed on: the true villain.”

“Anyways, I’ll see you around. At least, you’ll remember me for the record of not being your type.” He waves to her, departing for the parking lot, before ducking into the car.

Just as he drove away, he swore he saw a blonde step out through the double doors.

Could that have been Tatum? His foot careens to the brake, but he lifts it anyways, turning out onto the road.
code by valen t.

CB157D10-9BBD-40CC-BDE4-E38B8123AF60.jpeg

Charlie Ara
After meeting Ashley, a stray dog trotted by, attracted by all the commotion on the beach. Charlies face lit up as she began to follow the pup around the sand, coaxing it to her with snacks from her bag, but every time she reached out to pet it, the animal took off. As frustrating as the process was, Charlie kept at it until finally after spending her day chasing the dog around town, she caught him. Noticing there was no collar, she decided to take the dog with her back to where she was staying. She doubted she was allowed to keep him, but she decided she could hide him with her until she could take it to look for a chip. Charlie began walking the dog back to her place, looking over the brown mutt with a thoughtful face. "I think I will call you Jovi for now, at least until we find you a forever home." Jovi trotted alongside her with his tongue lolling outside his mouth, brown eyes looking ahead. He obviously didnt care or understand that she named him, he really was only happy to be included. Unlocking her door, Charlie shooed Jovi inside. With a flick of the light switch, she instantly noticed that Jovi had settled into the couch, making himself at home. Charlie chuckled and plopped down next to the dog, stroking his head in her lap. "You know, you stink, but youre not bad for a stray. Im kind of a stray too, so I understand how you feel." She felt around her pocket and pulled out its contents. Her phone instantly drew her attention as she texted and looked around twitter. She missed Ian and was disappointed in herself for being too distracted with a dog to see him. Mentally kicking herself, she noticed something else in her pocket, a tab of ecstasy. Charlie contemplated the choice for a moment, but dismissed her concerns and took the drug. Before the effects took place, she set out a bowl of water and grilled some plain ground beef for Jovi. If she was going to be irresponsible with her body, she could at least be responsible for Jovi. The next couple hours were a blur, she couldnt remember anything, if she had eaten, gone to school, or even left the room. One thing she did know, is when she became clear headed again she found herself at the vets office. No clue how she managed to get both herself and Jovi there, Charlie shrugged and walked inside, asking the front desk about checking the dog for a chip. After waiting for what seemed like forever, the lady behind the counter came back to confirm that Jovi was in fact named Leo and his owners had been looking for him for two weeks. Sad to lose her companion, but happy he was going home, Charlie hugged the dog and left him with the vet while they waited for the family. Looking around outside the building, she saw a flyer pinned to the window about a protest in front of city hall. Her interest was spiked, so the slightly hungover teen made her way down the endless streets, complaining to herself that the sun was too bright. Upon her arrival, Charlie made a disappointed face at the lack of participants, but had nothing better to do than wait. A figure sitting alone caught her attention and her legs were exhausted from walking all over town, so she did the only thing she could think of, plop down cross legged next to the stranger. "Turn out kinda sucks huh?" She said without looking at her silent companion, using a hand to gesture to the small crowd.
Mentions: PenguinFox PenguinFox 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

Matt – Kekoa
tumblr_inline_om5ohd4yl81tlil9w_250.gifv
tumblr_p5ldnqS49t1tpd2l3o4_250.gif

That may have been the worst whale-saving celebration beach party he had ever been to. It was his only whale-saving party, and most likely the very last one he would ever go to.

After spotting the fight from afar, Matt immediately searched for his sister Kekoa and Harley, who had also seen the fight (or at least a part of it) somewhere from the background. It was a bit frustrating trying to persuade them to leave after only being at the party for a short time. Eventually, he convinced them that he’d heard someone might call the police or they might arrive soon.

Besides drinking her first cheap mimosa, the only thing that seemed remotely daring for Kekoa during the rest of the night was arriving home just 15 minutes past midnight and without getting caught.

Kekoa woke up in the morning from hearing her family getting ready for the day. Her parents were heading to a doctor’s appointment and later buying groceries, and Mathias was preparing for his day at the soup kitchen. It was one of his various volunteer activities for his mandatory 800-hour community service, the penalty resulting from the fight that had gotten him expelled from Hartfield several months ago. Thankfully, Matt didn’t have to go to juvie when the judge recognized the fight only happened because he was protecting Kekoa from the bully, but the bully’s parents demanded persistently that there be a punishment, besides paying a fine, for (unintentionally) beating their into a hospital due to how extreme Matt had handled the situation. Of course the bully’s mom and dad were Karens who wouldn’t recognize or take an ounce of responsibility for their kid’s deplorable actions. Smh.

Remembering that whole mess made Kekoa feel a wave of guilt, which in turn made her suddenly ask her parents to let her join her brother at the soup kitchen and help him out—she used “it would look good on my résumé for college” as an excuse. Also, she didn’t want to be stuck at home all day. She was usually a homebody, but only because she rarely finds an opportunity to go out without her Dad insisting to drive and go with her, even if she just wants to go to a store that’s just a 10 to 15-minute walk away from the house. It’s not like she would forget to look both ways before crossing the street.

After Kekoa rushed to clean herself up, she and Matt arrived at the local church early and helped set up the tables and stuff before people started coming in. Just some mild manual labor that neither of the Alo-Manzano siblings couldn’t handle. Well, being somewhat vertically challenged at 5’1”, there were some places that Kekoa couldn’t reach to put away or pick out items that were needed, and sharp utensils made her nervous when she cuts food, so she was sent to one area to hand out donated care packages until her break time.

Matt mostly helped with kitchen stuff. Refilling empty chafing dishes, retrieving ingredients from the pantry for the volunteered chefs. Now he was plucking grapes out of their stems, tossing them in a big bowl of fruit salad.

God, he was bored.

And tired. Matt woke up tired (again) this morning despite having a decent amount of sleep last night—he’d straight to bed after returning home from the party. He wished he had slept in, but he needed the hours, especially after missing the entire beach clean up. He was barely close to halfway from finishing 800 hours. He’d done as much as possible during the last month of summer break, but now, having school also taking up his time made it inconveniently challenging. A lot of volunteer places restricted him from doing more than 6 hours of work. Something about child labor laws…? He didn’t quite understand it.

TAGS: no one, open (message me first)

Last edited:

Sawyer was still reeling at her playful story she had told the children when some kid decided it would be a good idea to actually throw water on Harper. That had been her goal in telling them Harper was a mermaid in the first place, but she instantly felt bad after watching Harper run off to hide outside. She turned a stern face on the children and in some weird attempt to make up for something that was her fault to begin with she growled at them lowly.

“You guys have a ten second head start before I actually do eat you.” The children didn’t move at first so Sawyer started counting, “1-” They all took off and Sawyer was satisfied with her work. She glanced at the door Harper had escaped out of and sighed. She should probably give her a second before running off after her. Sawyer turned her attention back to Hyacinth with a smile and sat down in the room that the other girl had made for her. The stupid boot on her foot was going to be the end of her, something inside the thing was poking at her ankle and she really needed to fix it before she went insane.

“I hate this stupid thing.” Sawyer groaned to Hyacinth as she reached down to adjust it, “Why am I such a mess? What kind of person continues to fall out of ceilings after one time?” If her memory served her well, Sawyer had fallen through at least three different ceilings before the one that ultimately injured her. It wasn’t like she was looking to get hurt….it just seemed to happen a lot. Three broken bones in her hand, two in her other foot, a torn ACL, a broken wrist, and now she had added a sprained ankle onto the list. Damn. Maybe Sawyer actually was looking to get hurt. Oh, well that wasn’t going to stop her in the least. With the boot finally fixed to where it wasn’t stabbing her, Sawyer sat up again and glanced out of the door that Harper had gone out of. It was probably long enough now. But...Sawyer glanced over at Hyacinth and almost fell out of the chair because, why hadn’t she noticed how close they were when she sat down? Sawyer’s heart jumped up to her throat and that cool grin that she’d had on her face since messing with the kids fell into something that resembled a weird mix of a grimace and a smile. Three heart beats went by while Sawyer just kind of stared at Hyacinth before she was jumping up out of the chair directly onto her god damn ankle. Sawyer resisted the urge to curse and settled for a pain ridden smile as she came up with some excuse to run away from the other girl before she died of embarrassment.

“I should go check on Harper. Make sure she hasn’t sprouted a tail, you know?” An awkward laugh forced its way out of her throat, “See you later, alligator!” Sawyer scurried away as fast as she could hobble toward the exit. “See you later, alligator? What the fuck is that?” She cursed at herself as she pushed the door outside and was met with a gust of fresh air that calmed her heart as it settled back in her chest. Idiot. Sawyer shook her head and started to look around for Harper. She spotted her best friend just as a familiar head of gross ramen hair was slinking away from her. Wonderful, excellent. Don’t we all love Zach. Sawyer hurried over to Harper and tried to look as collected as possible, like she hadn’t just almost tripped over herself running away from Hyacinth.

“Hi. Was he bothering you?” Sawyer made herself know to Harper, shoving her hands in her pockets as a sign of apology, “He’s stupid. Also, sorry I kinda made the kids throw water on you.” A hint of a laugh escaped her, “It was a little funny though.”

Sawyer
"Fucking alligator? What?"
location? church
outfit? still that jacket minus the fucking beanie
interactions? Hyacinth erzulie erzulie , Harper Dazzle Dazzle , most of the gremlins, mentions ramen man
any last words? Who actually says "see you later, alligator"?
coded by incandescent

Sawyer was still reeling at her playful story she had told the children when some kid decided it would be a good idea to actually throw water on Harper. That had been her goal in telling them Harper was a mermaid in the first place, but she instantly felt bad after watching Harper run off to hide outside. She turned a stern face on the children and in some weird attempt to make up for something that was her fault to begin with she growled at them lowly.

“You guys have a ten second head start before I actually do eat you.” The children didn’t move at first so Sawyer started counting, “1-” They all took off and Sawyer was satisfied with her work. She glanced at the door Harper had escaped out of and sighed. She should probably give her a second before running off after her. Sawyer turned her attention back to Hyacinth with a smile and sat down in the room that the other girl had made for her. The stupid boot on her foot was going to be the end of her, something inside the thing was poking at her ankle and she really needed to fix it before she went insane.

“I hate this stupid thing.” Sawyer groaned to Hyacinth as she reached down to adjust it, “Why am I such a mess? What kind of person continues to fall out of ceilings after one time?” If her memory served her well, Sawyer had fallen through at least three different ceilings before the one that ultimately injured her. It wasn’t like she was looking to get hurt….it just seemed to happen a lot. Three broken bones in her hand, two in her other foot, a torn ACL, a broken wrist, and now she had added a sprained ankle onto the list. Damn. Maybe Sawyer actually was looking to get hurt. Oh, well that wasn’t going to stop her in the least. With the boot finally fixed to where it wasn’t stabbing her, Sawyer sat up again and glanced out of the door that Harper had gone out of. It was probably long enough now. But...Sawyer glanced over at Hyacinth and almost fell out of the chair because, why hadn’t she noticed how close they were when she sat down? Sawyer’s heart jumped up to her throat and that cool grin that she’d had on her face since messing with the kids fell into something that resembled a weird mix of a grimace and a smile. Three heart beats went by while Sawyer just kind of stared at Hyacinth before she was jumping up out of the chair directly onto her god damn ankle. Sawyer resisted the urge to curse and settled for a pain ridden smile as she came up with some excuse to run away from the other girl before she died of embarrassment.

“I should go check on Harper. Make sure she hasn’t sprouted a tail, you know?” An awkward laugh forced its way out of her throat, “See you later, alligator!” Sawyer scurried away as fast as she could hobble toward the exit. “See you later, alligator? What the fuck is that?” She cursed at herself as she pushed the door outside and was met with a gust of fresh air that calmed her heart as it settled back in her chest. Idiot. Sawyer shook her head and started to look around for Harper. She spotted her best friend just as a familiar head of gross ramen hair was slinking away from her. Wonderful, excellent. Don’t we all love Zach. Sawyer hurried over to Harper and tried to look as collected as possible, like she hadn’t just almost tripped over herself running away from Hyacinth.

“Hi. Was he bothering you?” Sawyer made herself know to Harper, shoving her hands in her pockets as a sign of apology, “He’s stupid. Also, sorry I kinda made the kids throw water on you.” A hint of a laugh escaped her, “It was a little funny though.”

Madi Lexington-Montgomery
A Madi Gif 11.gif

"Umm.... maybe a little bit obvious," she answered, squishing her fingers towards each other in demonstration, "I just didn't want to say anything." As a Lexington-Montgomery lady, Madeleine was raised to always be polite and never point out things about how someone looked or anything similar. She was to be a supportive presence to everyone around her, put men before herself. A lady was there to make a good wife and a lady in her family was there to make business.... But that was a few years away at least.

Lemon... Madi tried to place the girl in her head when Hayden mentioned her. "Oh I know who you mean." Personally she had never properly interacted with the girl he was on about but she definitely knew Lemon. You didn't go 3 years in this town without knowing who Lemon was. "I've seen her around but I've not really met her I have to say," she answered with a smile, but it was a smile that had a hint of sad guilt flickering in her eyes added to it because she felt bad that she'd never taken the time to meet this other girl. "Maybe I'll have to change that answer."

Shaking her hair in it's ponytail a little, she carefully removed her gloves and turned to the girl the other side of her to Hayden and asked if she could cover for them for a little bit before turning back to Hayden. "Okay mister, lets go get you cleaned up a little." Her delicate hand gently took hold of his and led him away from the line and weaved her way to the bathroom before shutting the door behind them. "And for your information they were my brothers' friends and so therefore they are under orders to treat me like a little sister," Madi answered his nudge. "Not that they didn't enjoy having me around for a good time and of course some tricks though. You would be surprised how high a basket toss they can throw me into."

With one hand, Madeleine gently removed the gloves from Hayden's hands and with the other she filled the sink with warm water before handing him a towel to put round him neck. "So, do you want to put your head in or do you want me to bring the water to your head to get this soup out?"

Interactions: Dazzle Dazzle (Hayden)​

Jennifer

Did he not get the joke?

"I... think I'll go with Martin if that's okay with you."

Oh, of course he didn't. He was a priest for god sake! Sometimes Jen was just as daft as the lonely bachelor who lives next door. He's a riot and in the worst ways possible, she genuinely has no clue hoe Evie and Robert sleep through such noise.

Wow, she'd gotten so old. Granted, thirty-one wasn't as old, or anywhere near as Mr. Martin French here. Not that she perceived him as elderly, he just had that peppered hair, he had one of auras that just felt like he was an old soul. Perhaps that's most pastors then, them needing to be so... zen or something. Jen chuckled, shaking her head at the mere thought of the whale that washed up on the beach yesterday, it was genuinely sad that there wasn't people to help-- so she heard anyway.

At least the thing survived.

All that mattered, right?

"Fortunately for everyone, yes, Evie's my only daughter..." Gen trailed off, clearly lost in thought for a few moments. She couldn't imagine having another child, especially with the many defects she was born with, Jen couldn't of possibly went through that again, despite what the doctors had said, that it wasn't her fault... just didn't really feel like it. It could've been those few drinks she had when she didn't know that she was pregnant, the few cigarettes she smoked under the bleachers with Roxi Dupois.

Did she mention Robert? Or was he assuming she was already married?

Wow, Jen never really gave off that whole married vibe before.

"Sorry, yeah. Just the three of us. If you'd like me to be honest, this town is certainly... a little intimidating. Small towns were never really my thing." Having being born into one, Jen completely despises small towns, they seemed sweet, everyone knew everyone, town traditions, etc. Nobody really saw the toxicity in one though, they forced themselves to ignore it. The gossip, the affairs, the secrets, the looks.

Jen adjusted her bag over her shoulders and soon enough Martin was offering her a tour of the church, it'd look rude to decline wouldn't it?

Of course it would. Jennifer sighed heavily in disappointment-- but on the inside, on the outside? She'd come up with a friendly smile and mustered up a nod, following him as they walked past the benches, finding her gaze falling onto a singular cross that stood in the middle of the church before returning her attention towards Martin. "The storm was a nightmare all on it's own. You should've seen my daughter, I swear, she's fourteen but four whenever she hears the sound of thunder." She chuckled, shaking her head and taking in the surroundings of the church.

Don't get her wrong, her own beliefs or not-- the church was beautiful.

"I'm surprised it got done so quickly, my husband practically paid for overtime simply so they could get a fallen tree out of our yard before next week. Would it be wrong for me to assume you're a pretty powerful figure in this tiny town?" She teased, although her words had some truth to it.

Some people respected pastors, and some wanted to drown them in a lake.

Thankfully for him, Jen wasn't the murdering type of gal.

|mentions: N/A | interactions: Martin| tags: Dede Dede |
º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: scared?

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
@Dak (Ryan)
(Oliver)
(Max?)

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Ivy)
tags
TL;DRscared of knife boy
tl;dr
Graham Moore
can I go home now?

Grahams eyes shot open when she asked about Meera. “I.. I- Uh..” He wasn’t sure how to respond. He barely knew the girl in front of him, having just met her. But he had no one to talk to about Meera, or find out if she actually liked him or if he actually liked her. “I think so…”

He kept quiet though, he didn’t want Meera to think he was overly obsessed with her. He couldn’t handle losing one of his few friends in Parish Point. “It wasn’t-“He blushed hard thinking about the kiss she had left on his cheek.

Graham rubbed the back of his neck, he wasn’t sure how to respond to Ivy’s obvious upset from a rejection. “I’m.. Sorry..” He wasn’t too sure what else he could say… “I’m not sure mine was much of a… Well.. “ He wasn’t sure of the right word to use. “Acceptance?” Graham made a grimace type face shrugging his shoulders up to his ears.

Graham thought for a moment, he wasn’t sure if Ryan could read even. He never talked in class, just sat in the back etching into his desk. But, Graham tried to keep looking forward, he didn’t want to be a target of Ryan’s. Graham started chuckling as Ivy tried to mimic Ryan, ever maneuver that she made with her hands while breaking up her words.

“I have not experienced it too much so I can’t tell you.”

He smiled to himself, chuckling lightly. “My only true experience of even this town is the bruise I earned from a crab last night.” Graham liked Ivy, she was funny, and nice. And actually distracted him from how much he hated this town. Graham thought about how maybe this town wasn’t going to be as bad as he thought. Maybe he could enjoy it, and make friends, and have a high school life here. His brother and sister had enjoyed the school so much, maybe he could too, even without cheerleading.

Graham was brought out of his thoughts by Ivy saying she’d offer him a hit, he furrowed his eyebrows together. He wasn’t exactly sure what she was referring to, he really didn’t want to be hit.

His mouth dropped open to an ‘o’ shape. He forgot that was a phrase that people used for smoking. Pressing his lips together he nodded. “That stinks that she took it.”

“N-No I don’t think it’s Satan’s spinach.” He bit his bottom lip, he hadn’t ever tried weed, or drank, or really done anything reckless. “I mean.. I was on my towns dance team and cheer team back home.”

“And I did a few summer acting camps, that was a lot of fun.” He smiled thinking about the 8th grade’s summer stock program where he played the wolf in a red riding hood spin off, where the wolf was on trial. It was so silly, but it was so much fun. “I hope that Hartfield has a theater program.” He thought out loud.

Graham saw Max approach them up the stairs of the town hall. “Hi” Graham smiled waving to Max. “Thanks!” Graham lifted his sign up admiring it again. “Thanks for pulling this together.” Graham looked around the front of the town hall, more people had shown up but it was still a rather small turn out. Either way Graham was happy to be there, especially since it was giving him the opportunity to make new friends.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Tired and Not Drunk Enough

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Graham Dazzle Dazzle
Max
tags
TL;DR Here we go, starting stuff out. Graham is super fun.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
You say that I'm kinda difficult, but it's always someone else's fault

Graham was delightfully awkward. As he stammered on about Meera, his verdict on the morality of weed, and Ryan's inactive classroom persona. Ivy laughed along, hanging on every word as he confessed to his naivete on the ways of Parish Point.
Getting pelted with a crab... that was Graham's first impression.
Was that really his first day in Parish Point? Amazing. What a great starting adventure. Ivy bit into her lip, rolling her eyes back in an exaggerated display of jealousy. "You have all the fun, Graham. I'd pay money to have caught a crab in the eye at that party."

Ivy's first day in Parish Point was painfully uneventful. Throwing her bags down in her stupid rotten group home, nursing a pounding headache that for once had nothing to do with alcohol. The smell of dust and stale cigarette smoke. Falling asleep on a hard mattress while her new roommate cried yelled into her phone.

And here Graham was, already getting it with this Meera chick, having crustacean adventures on the beach, witnessing what she had to assume was the knife fight of the century.

Graham's passion for the dramatic arts (or at least, experience with acting-centric summer camp) sent Ivy into a burst of gleeful enthusiasm.
"A theatre kid!" Ivy exclaimed. "A real live drama junkie. Those still exist this far out in the sticks!? You're one of a kind up here, dude. This town's too depressed for even a flash mob." Parish Point seemed like the sort of town that would suck the music out of even the most theatrical souls. Parish Point could turn a Broadway triple threat into an alcoholic accountant in two weeks.
"Damn, do you think Hartfield's got a drama club? Like a real auditorium with lights and a stage and good acoustics? Do you think they'd put on Chicago?"

It was at this moment that a new pair of teens stumbled their way to the front of the concrete building: a brunette girl who was delightfully pretty beneath her mask of depression and fatigue, and a tall skinny boy who looked as though he were half-dead of tuberculosis. Some people really acted like hangovers were the end of the world.

Ivy didn't even recognize who the boy was until his two open hands moved to say thank you all, one of maybe four ASL words Ivy actually knew. She had to do a crash course on that in like, first grade? The rest of his sentence was Greek to her.
Anyway, this was Max. Their nebbishy, underprepared revolutionary. Another wild and interesting little spark of life, Ivy thought... why did Hartfield get all the cool kids?

Max quickly busied himself with locking his arm to the door handles, looking, despite his clear attempts to exude confidence, as though he were about to faint. Ivy snickered, not caring if he saw.

Then Ivy got an idea.
An awful idea.
A wonderful, terrible, awful idea.

"You know, we can say whatever we want..." She mused deviously while the other stragglers of the group arrived, rubbing her hands together like a comic book supervillain. "What's he gonna do, ask us to please stop? He's not coming off that door to hit us or anything." She looked to Graham, eyes gleaming with excitement. "Hey Graham," She said, "Art is the language of the oppressed. You know how to get people to listen to our mission? We draw them in with A SHOW." She struck a dramatic pose, brandishing her ridiculous sign. "You can dance, right? Shake it. Get attention. I'll do all the talking."
Ivy did not know what the mission was, nor did she give a shit. She was here to have a good time, and Graham was the perfect conduit.
code by valen t.

MOOD: annoyed

basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (zach)
erzulie erzulie (hya)
INT:
KingofAesir KingofAesir (sawyer)
tags
TL;DRharper finally relieved from annoyance
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.
Harper attempted to speak over the boy who just wouldn’t let her speak. Why would he have even approached her if he only wanted to hear himself talk. “You are who you let yourself believe you are.” She crossed her arms biting the inside of her cheek.

You wish.” She whispered under her breath as he went to walk off.

Harper sighed heavily finally having some personal space to herself. She hadn’t realized it till Zach had walked away, but she must have been holding her breath. The tightness in her chest had disappeared, she felt her shoulders relax and fall forward. She shook her head and leaned back against the wall, coming outside for a breather from all the people had not gone the way she had wanted.

Harper hadn’t noticed Sawyer had followed her out of the church. “Oh. Hey.”

Harper thought about if Zach had been bothering her. “Yea.. I mean, no.” Harper sighed, “It was whatever, I don’t know how you’re friends with him though. He’s so full of himself.”

“I swear he’s only dating Tatum because he can’t date himself.” Harper chuckled, nudging Sawyer with her elbow. “He is.” She smiled at her best friend, who was so kind to come out and check on her.

Harper shook her head smirking, she had completely forgotten that the kids had thrown water at her. “Shoot, I completely forgot that happened.” She looked down at the damp joggers she was wearing. “Don’t worry about it, it’s nothing.” Harper shrugged her shoulders slightly. “I can’t believe they did that.” She laughed a bit harder dropping her chin to her chest.

“Why are you out here? You didn’t have to check on me.”

Harper thought for a moment, “Using me as an excuse to not be alone with your crush?” Harper wiggled her eyebrows. “What happened to ‘if I wanted her I’d have her.’” Harper said in a mocking tone using air quotes.

She watched Sawyer’s caring expression change to a murderous look, Harper raised her hands in defense. “Sorry! Sorry! I’m just joking with you.” She chuckled lightly trying to lighten the mood. “come on, you should just ask her out already. I’m sure she likes you.”

“Though she does treat everyone like they are the best person in the world.” Harper looked up thinking about how Hya was tough to read. “Should we go back in there and see if they need help cleaning up?” Harper had only signed up for set up/serving for the day, but she still felt like Sawyer and her could do some work to clean up. She figured Pastor French would likely appreciate that.
code by valen t.

ISABELLA ALEJA EDISON-ROSE

mood: hurting + location: soup kitchen + outfit: xxx + tags: Soap Soap

Isa hears Sunny before she sees her. The girl was in the back kitchen peeling food. She just stood there for a second, watching her and listening. Easedropping really. Normally she would have announced her arrival but she heard her name in the mutters and wanted to know what she was saying so she stayed quiet. The guilt of what she was implying in her mutters seddled in her stomach. She had only remembered that she asked for a ride from Sunny and her pal Clarke once she was at her friend house. Then it was too late to text her back and she was just so..in her head when Sunny texted her at first that she didn't even bother to reply back. Isa sighed. She didn't know why but she didn't like her mad at her. It didn't feel right. She chalked it up to her protective insincts she had towards Josie but she knows that it was something deeper in there. Something more. She just really didn't want to acknowledge it so she's gonna chalk it all to protective instincts.

It wasn't until Josie nicked her finger that Isa sprang into action. She went to grab the first aid kit, she knew where it was since she has been here before when she was younger and needing some food and some first aid because she was bleeding and bruised some of the time while answering Sunny's question. "I said, I'll show up to help with that spinach crap didn't I? She said softly as she walked with the first aid kit towards "I don't break my promises Sunny. Ever. It's a thing of mine. " She adds while taking her hand carefully removing the rag from it. "You gotta be more careful and pay attention even when you are cursing out a dumbass like myself Sunny." She mutters glancing up at her softly with worried eyes. Isa doesn't show her emotions easily, it was only with her family that she even lets her guard down for them to show. With Josie thought, it was easier. It was like she wanted to be open with her, and show her the real her. Again she is chalking it up to her protective instincts towards the girl. "Not that I'm worth cursing out. Even a dumbass wouldn't have stood you up like that. That was an ass move and I'm sorry for that, I just...had a bad morning and forgot." She smiles fakely trying to show her that she was ok.

"Now let's see this finger huh?" Isa says while glancing at her and then looking at her finger. She sees the cut and winces. "Damn Sunny, you did a number on this finger. Luckily I have had a lot of practice with first aid in my life. You don't seem to need stitches which is good. I'm just gonna put some triple antibiotic ointment on it, and wrapped it. " She says as she takes out the things she needs, and then goes back to holding Sunny's hand, administrating first aid to it. Cleaning the cut and wrapping it. "Honestly this isn't the worse I've seen. You should have seen me when I was 6. I came in with a cut the size of texas on the side of my stomach. The volunteers here about had a heart attack when they spotted it." Isa smirks softly as she finishes wrapping the finger but doesn't let go of Josie's hand instead holding it softly. She looked up towards her softly and said "I'm really sorry though. Again that was a dick move standing you up, I'm gonna make it up to you. I promise. " Isa felt really horrible and hated her mad at her. She would do anything to make it up to her.

Again she blames her protective instincts for this.
coded by natasha.

“What happened to ‘if I wanted her, I’d have her’?”

If Harper had been anyone else, literally anyone else, Sawyer might have flayed her alive. But she wasn’t anyone else and she was quite possibly the only person Sawyer would allow to make fun of her for things like this. So, instead of flaying, Sawyer settled for a stormy glare and that seemed to get the message across pretty well. There were at least three people now who had called her out on her maybe a little too obvious crush. Sawyer really had thought she was handling the whole thing pretty well, if only because Hyacinth didn’t seem to notice at all. Maybe that was just because Hyacinth was a little oblivious, not that that was a bad thing! She didn’t think she could ever think anything about Hya was a bad thing. But it looked like the only person that didn’t notice Sawyer’s affection was the girl it was geared toward. How cruel a world, huh? Sawyer didn’t think she’d ever actually told a girl ‘hey I like you, a lot’. In fact, she was pretty sure she’d never really had to show so much interest in a girl at all. They just kinda appeared. Granted, Sawyer had only had like two real girlfriends and the last one had ended less than pleasant. Sawyer shivered at the memory and tried to shake it out of her head. Hyacinth wasn’t anything like her. Nope. No way, no how. With that thought out of the way, Sawyer went back to pretending Katherine Navarros had never existed. Now that she was back on planet Earth, Sawyer was now debating Harper’s idea to go back into the church and help out. She glanced back at the doors with a grimace. After literally running away from Hyacinth in a stumbling mess of awkward goodbyes, Sawyer had no desire to ever step foot in there again today. The promise she’d made to her father scolded those thoughts in her head.

“Yeah, dad, I promise I won’t leave the church.”

Okay, but all she wanted to do right now was leave the church. It was fine, they’d be back before anyone noticed. If Sawyer was anything it was reliable. Now that she was done outright lying to herself, Sawyer had an answer for Harper’s question. An answer that Harper would definitely disapprove of.

“No, I do not want to go in there again. Nope. Nope.” She grinned, a mischievous glint in her eye, “Say, my very best friend, did you drive here? Or am I just gonna have to run off and force you to follow me?” Sawyer had a specific destination in mind, one that she’d only found a few weeks ago but had looked too daunting for her to enter by herself. That’s right, Sawyer had restraint sometimes. She had decided she wasn’t going to tell Harper until they got there because there was no way she would go with that knowledge. There was a certain house on a certain lonely street, in a certain corpse of trees. A certain house that was most certainly haunted...if you believed stories that is. This place had it all, things that go bump in the night, missing kids, death, the whole shebang. For Sawyer Andrews, this was a toy store.

Sawyer
"Onward, to adventure!"
location? church
outfit? still that jacket minus the fucking beanie
interactions? Harper Dazzle Dazzle
any last words? Spooky houses are toy stores, yeah.
coded by incandescent

“What happened to ‘if I wanted her, I’d have her’?”

If Harper had been anyone else, literally anyone else, Sawyer might have flayed her alive. But she wasn’t anyone else and she was quite possibly the only person Sawyer would allow to make fun of her for things like this. So, instead of flaying, Sawyer settled for a stormy glare and that seemed to get the message across pretty well. There were at least three people now who had called her out on her maybe a little too obvious crush. Sawyer really had thought she was handling the whole thing pretty well, if only because Hyacinth didn’t seem to notice at all. Maybe that was just because Hyacinth was a little oblivious, not that that was a bad thing! She didn’t think she could ever think anything about Hya was a bad thing. But it looked like the only person that didn’t notice Sawyer’s affection was the girl it was geared toward. How cruel a world, huh? Sawyer didn’t think she’d ever actually told a girl ‘hey I like you, a lot’. In fact, she was pretty sure she’d never really had to show so much interest in a girl at all. They just kinda appeared. Granted, Sawyer had only had like two real girlfriends and the last one had ended less than pleasant. Sawyer shivered at the memory and tried to shake it out of her head. Hyacinth wasn’t anything like her. Nope. No way, no how. With that thought out of the way, Sawyer went back to pretending Katherine Navarros had never existed. Now that she was back on planet Earth, Sawyer was now debating Harper’s idea to go back into the church and help out. She glanced back at the doors with a grimace. After literally running away from Hyacinth in a stumbling mess of awkward goodbyes, Sawyer had no desire to ever step foot in there again today. The promise she’d made to her father scolded those thoughts in her head.

“Yeah, dad, I promise I won’t leave the church.”

Okay, but all she wanted to do right now was leave the church. It was fine, they’d be back before anyone noticed. If Sawyer was anything it was reliable. Now that she was done outright lying to herself, Sawyer had an answer for Harper’s question. An answer that Harper would definitely disapprove of.

“No, I do not want to go in there again. Nope. Nope.” She grinned, a mischievous glint in her eye, “Say, my very best friend, did you drive here? Or am I just gonna have to run off and force you to follow me?” Sawyer had a specific destination in mind, one that she’d only found a few weeks ago but had looked too daunting for her to enter by herself. That’s right, Sawyer had restraint sometimes. She had decided she wasn’t going to tell Harper until they got there because there was no way she would go with that knowledge. There was a certain house on a certain lonely street, in a certain corpse of trees. A certain house that was most certainly haunted...if you believed stories that is. This place had it all, things that go bump in the night, missing kids, death, the whole shebang. For Sawyer Andrews, this was a toy store.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_mmb3k21Yfb1r2y48to3_250.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby
A wise man once said, Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? Colby would’ve quoted that to Maxine if she hadn’t started lecturing him about his idiocy.

“If I were dating Tatum, I wouldn’t act like a possessive, insecure, egotistical asshole like Zach,” Colby huffed defensively, stowing his phone in his pocket that's out of reach from the thief. How Maxine even knew his password, he had no clue. He was definitely going to change it later with 10 more numbers.

Okay, now he was feeling a little more upset. Almost nothing he said seemed to remotely matter. What’s the point of being honest when nobody would believe him anyway? He thought Maxine knew him better than that. He wasn’t some paranoid bastard. Tatum’s just a casual flirt—nothing she says means anything and Colby understood that. She was often like that to Noemie and nobody batted an eye unless somebody was slow or dense. Colby barely flirted with her. All ever he’d done was say dumb, subtly dirty jokes just for laughs. He really wished people would stop making stupid assumptions about his feelings. Now he was starting to regret not acting like an edgy jackass towards Tatum just to convince them that he truly wanted nothing romantic from her.

Before driving out of the parking lot, Colby lightly punched Maxine’s shoulder. As someone who’s punched flat bricks in karate lessons, he was being generous to her. “Lesser Max is wrong about that,” he said when she told him her reason for not going to the protest. “You’re a jerk and a tad violent sometimes.” He massaged his shoulder that his childhood friend abused earlier. “But not a horrible friend.”

By some strange, convenient luck, Colby managed to drive safely to his grandparents’ house. They weren’t going to stay there for long. He told Maxine that she can refreshen herself in the guest bedroom while he took a quick shower and changed into an old bomber jacket, cleaner T-shirt and black sweatpants—he could’ve worn one of his usual pants for going out, but someone had thrown away most of them without his permission. Once ready, they drove to Sleeping Hedgehog Cafe, where they picked up the van that carried 50 assorted muffins and three free ground coffee packs for the soup kitchen’s coffee station, and a few boxes of donated food and clothes collected by the store. His grandparents do this once each month. They were really generous, but not when it comes to their grandson being late on his errands. They arrived at the cafe earlier, carpooled by a relative when they discovered their truck hadn’t returned home. When Colby and Maxine appeared, his grandmother shook her head and chided her grandson for his tardiness for a few moments. All he could do was mumble, "I know, sorry, Nona."

Before they left, Colby ordered two drinks to go, one of them being for Maxine.

During the drive to the soup kitchen site, Colby explained to Maxine that he had already tried telling Tatum about how Zach tends to be a jealous jerk towards him, but she basically told him that she believed Zach was “not that bad” just because she knew him longer. See, how would he want to be with Tatum when she’s tolerating this much of Zach’s assholery for this long? Colby couldn’t risk losing his new friendship with Tatum if he’s constantly complaining to her whenever Zach acts lowkey hostile towards him. That would probably cause her or anyone to accuse him of tricking them into a break-up.

“Hope you’re not allergic to a little heavy lifting,” Colby said to Maxine after parking the van. He asked a couple of volunteer extras to help carry the items inside. When the last box was delivered, he told Maxine to do whatever, maybe eat some free food, while he wandered around on his own for a while. After the first couple of minutes of wandering, he went over to the coffee station, picked up a styrofoam cup, and made his tea drink.

What? you thought the other Sleeping Hedgehog drink he bought was for him? Nah. He was just holding the cup but never actually drinking from it. While the two bags steep in the hot water, he took out his phone and replied a message to Tatum, letting her know he was at the church finally. He found her sitting on the entrance steps outside, where she told him she'd be.

Approaching from behind, Colby gently tapped her shoulder with the bottom of the Sleeping Hedgehog coffee cup. "Told ya I'd be," he said, sitting down next to Tatum. He held out the coffee drink to her—it was the surprise that he'd promised to bring. "It's still warm. Caramel vanilla, right?"

TAGS: with Maxine Dazzle Dazzle , mention Tatum Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler , Zach lion. lion.

Last edited:
MOOD: Completely exhausted, possibly delirious

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

LittleWolfie LittleWolfie
tags
TL;DR Sleep deprived soup covered
tl;dr
Hayden Anderson
you get what you give

“You can always say what’s on your mind Madi, you could never hurt my feelings.” Hayden smiled nudging Madi with his shoulder, which almost knocked her over since she was half his size. Madi was always easy to talk to, she was sweet and kind, never wanting to say anything wrong. For whatever reason, Madi was the first-person Hayden talked to about the loss of his mom and feeling like he couldn’t talk to Tatum about it.

Hayden struggled with every emotion he had during his mother’s illness and eventual death. He felt like he had no one, no matter how much people tried, Hayden felt like he couldn’t talk to anyone, nit Harper, Tatum, his dad. But, Madi was easy, she was happy to hear everything bad. She always made his day better despite all the bad.

“You’ll like her.” He nodded closing his eyes ever so slightly, Hayden could honestly fall asleep standing where he was. Even though most nights he spent away from home, he usually would get a few hours of sleep at some point. “I’ll introduce you guys!” Hayden hadn’t even noticed that she had grabbed his hand and dragged him off to the restroom.

Hayden smirked, “Yea I’m sure they love those rules.” He chuckled, he would admit that Madi was pretty and she was cheerleader after all. Guys always fantasied about dating the pretty blonde cheerleader. He was sure that her brother’s friends were no different, and thought more of her than they would ever let on. Mostly just out of fear of her 6 brothers beating them to pieces.

“So Basically you’re saying I missed your ass being tossed across the beach?” He tilted his head smirking at Madi. “That definitely would have been more fun than dragging half-dead Oliver to the hospital.” Hayden shrugged, last night wouldn’t have been how he would have picked to spend it.

“You know. With how today is going, you should probably do it for me.” Hayden chuckled dropping his chin he shook his head. “I have no idea how to make this the easy so…” Hayden looked around, he was so much taller than Madi, he wasn’t sure the easiest way to position himself so she could successfully get the soup out of his hair.

Hayden kneeled down on his knees and tried to lean his head back into the sink, his neck stretched back in an uncomfortable and rather awkward way. “Does this help you?” He questioned looking up at Madi while he strained his neck. “I guess I could of just stuck my whole head in here.” He chuckled, already passed all the awkward embarrassment. “Honestly maybe the hot water would of woken me up.”

As Madi washed the soup out of Hayden’s hair it was almost too quiet for them, the two of them were always chatting about something, it was one of the benefits of their friendship the two of them had no problems talking about anything, so the quiet was rather odd for them. “Soooo… How are classe and cheer? Any newbies trying to win the hand of Ms. Lexington-Montgomery yet?”
code by valen t.

MOOD: annoyed

basics
MENTIONS:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (max)
erzulie erzulie (hya)
Soap Soap (kat)
INT:
tags
TL;DRharper finally relieved from annoyance
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
Harper as much as she wanted to do good and be helpful she was all for going back home at this point, and was just thankful that Sawyer felt the same way, maybe they’d go back to her house and make double fudge brownies. After Sawyer had ‘accidentally’ kicked the last batch Harper had brought over, she was really craving some fresh brownies.

Harper tilted her head as Sawyer asked her if she had drove. “Yes… Yes I did?” She wasn’t sure what the right answer for her friend would be at that moment, but she was almost certain that Sawyer did not want to go home and make brownies. “I’d rather you not run on that ankle…”

Harper’s phone dinged, it was a message from Max. It had completely slipped her mind that he was at the protest still hosting. She wondered if it was going alright, she at least hoped it was for his sake. She knew this town could be tough on the best of people, which he was. So many people had just given up on this town, yet he hadn’t.

“I promised your dad we’d go home right after we left here….” Harper trailed off as she unlocked her phone to read the message Max had sent.

“Sawyer… Kat is back?” She almost whispered, Max said Sawyer knew of her return. It was rather obvious by the flurry of messages she set off within twitter. “Why didn’t you tell me.” Harper stuck her phone back in her pocket. “Do you want to talk about it?” Harper’s hands rested at her sides, she knew that Sawyer wouldn’t want to talk about it. Harper knew that Sawyer wanted to get away from it if anything.

Harper watched her friend’s expression change, she looked away from Harper. Obviously not wanting to talk about the impending reunion of her rather horrid ex-girlfriend.

Harper hated the idea of not respecting Mr. Andrews’ request of bringing his daughter home after the soup kitchen. He had been like family to her, going against his word felt, well, wrong.

But Harper also knew her best friend, she knew that Sawyer needed to get away from the bullshit of Katherine Navarro.

Harper pressed her lips together, going against an authority figure was always something Harper had trouble with. But, Sawyer was always someone who said adventure was more important than rules. They needed to make memories before they went to college, that was something she would always say.

Fine…” Harper finally said. “Where are we going?”
----​
Harper drove diligently, following everyone of Sawyer’s directions. “We can’t stay too long. Your dad will come looking for us, you know this.” Harper knew the second Mr. Andrews got word the soup kitchen was over, they were done for. However, between serving the stragglers and clean-up, they had a few hours before that would happen.

“Why do you even want to go here?” Harper asked, not really looking for an answer, she knew why. Sawyer knew every little piece of lore in this little town, she knew all about the witches, and the hangings, and how they were related to the Salem Witch Trials.

Harper pretended to hate these adventures, she had to be the level headed one between the two of them. But, truthfully, even though it scared her. The adventure excited her just as much as when she would catch the big waves before the storm.

Harper loved feeling her adrenaline rising, the idea of a house being haunted scared the absolute crap out of her, but yet, she couldn’t stop herself from going inside.
As Harper pulled down the long and winding road, she could tell why Sawyer had been so infatuated with the place.

The house was dark and gloomy, and it was obvious no one had lived there for years.(No one living of course, the undead was a different story.) There was many broken windows, many of which had been haphazardly boarded up, every other step was caved in on each other, while the house still stood there. Like it hadn’t been touched in a century, not by humans, not by animals, not by weather. Like it had it’s own little bubble around it, protecting it from anything that threatened it’s safety.

Harper opened her car door, she stood up clenching the top of her civics door. “Well, are we just going to stare?” Harper gulped down whatever part of her was absolutely afraid of what could be inside. Whether it was some sort of animal or the supernatural. She knew she was too far in to back down now. If this is what it took to make Sawyer feel better, it is what she would do.
code by valen t.

basics
MENTIONS:
@Dak (Ryan)
(Oliver)
(Max?)

INT:
tags
TL;DRscared of knife boy
tl;dr
Graham Moore
can I go home now?

Graham wasn’t sure why Ivy wanted to catch a crab to the eye, it wasn’t exactly fun walking around with a bruise on his eye. But, he guessed that maybe people would think that he was cooler than he truly was. At least he was making some sort of impression on the town, though he wasn’t sure if it was good or bad.
Graham was completely surprised by Ivy’s sudden enthusiastic reaction to his small theater experience. “I- I guess so.” He wasn’t so sure if he had come from the sticks, or if he was one of a kind. They all were in theater back at home, it was something they all did for the summer. “A flash mob!” It was Graham’s turn to be excited. He would have loved to be a part of a flash mob, that sounded like so much fun

“I hope they do!” He really wanted to get more into theater now that he was in high school, he had planned to try out for his home’s high school musical before his parents told him of the great new of his acceptance to Hartfield, just like his brother and sister. How great, such legacies.

‘we can?’ Graham thought to himself, he wasn’t too sure if he truly could say whatever he wanted. He didn’t really want to make a one phone call home, so his parents could get the great news that their youngest son was incarcerated. “Oh! Say whatever we want to Max?” He pointed to the boy who had chained himself to the door, that really didn’t look like a great idea….

Had he had a dream about that? Huh, no way.

He stared off for a moment looking at Max who had chained himself to the door, trying to figure out how he was going to get out of that.

“Dance? Yea I can dance.” Graham did a small spin on the balls of his feet. Stopping hard on the balls of his feet, he threw his hands out to the side.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Maniacal

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Graham Dazzle Dazzle
Max
tags
TL;DR Woop woop here we go, Ivy's laundering money from the public while Graham does his choreography.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
You say that I'm kinda difficult, but it's always someone else's fault

"Oh god, not to him," Ivy corrected, not sure why Graham would ever think anyone would ever want to talk to Max Berkowitz. "To them." She gestured widely to the square in front of the town hall, where a few tired townsfolk were milling about on their way to work and such. "They're our goldmine, Graham. We need attention. I don't know what Mark was thinking just taping himself to the doorknob and waiting for Flint to come by and ask him to leave. We're going to start a revolution right here."

Graham demonstrated his passable turns, throwing out dorky jazz hands at the end that had Ivy stifling a giggle-snort with the back of her sign. God, Graham was just precious.
"Hey, you're not bad!" She complimented cheerily, giving a thumbs-up that transitioned to a finger-gun. "You do your routine, right? I'll get some people involved." She waved her sign up in the air and hollered for the attention of an older woman crossing the street at the corner. "HEY LADY! OVER HERE!" The woman jumped back, startled to suddenly have a tiny elf child with a sign screaming at her. "You got a spare minute to save the whales!?"

The woman stammered wordlessly, clutching her purse. Ivy pressed on.

"The World Wildlife foundation estimates that whale strandings are at an all time high." She declared as she began twirling her sign. "In order to avert this crisis, seaside towns like ours have to rise to the challenge. Mayor Flint stands in the way of preventing whale deaths! Flint's plans for Parish Point's beaches actively obstruct whale conservation and further the declining populations." She paused for dramatic emphasis. "You could say Mayor Flint wants the whales extinct."
The woman gasped, her purse now cradled tightly in her arms like a baby. "Oh my!"

Ivy really hoped Graham was still dancing. That made this whole thing so much fucking funnier. "My friend and I are on a mission for the whales. If we can get $1,000 in donations today, we can sway city council to protect our local whales." Ivy literally just made that up out of thin air. As she went on, she suddenly realized she could be making money off this gag. "My friend made this interpretive dance to raise awareness. The funds we raise today will be used towards his full-length original musical about the Parish Point whale crisis."

"Oh... well, I guess I can give ten..." The woman unzipped the purse and put a few bills into Ivy's hungry outstretched hands. "Good luck with your musical, sweetie! It's so nice to see young talent used for good in these dark times." And with that, she was on her way, and Ivy was a Hamilton richer. Score!

"See that, Graham? That's how to run a protest." She said proudly, handing half of her spoils to Graham. He deserved a cut for his amazing moves. "Next one's gonna give us even more. Up the ante, ya know? Vive La Revolution!"
code by valen t.

MOOD:

OUTFIT: outfit + wet hair

basics
MENTIONS:
r e i r e i (isa)
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (tatum)
lion. lion. (zach)
0k_mang0 0k_mang0 (colby)
INT:
@open
tags
TL;DR sitting out drinking coffee
tl;dr
Maxine Rhodes
she wears darkness, like some wear the little black dress

Maxine threw her head back against the headrest of the seat. She knew Colby too well; he was obsessed with the idea of being the better person. Of course, Maxine knew Colby was good, and she understood him not wanting to be to be a home wrecker. She just didn’t like the whole situation that Colby had accidentally inserted himself into. Too good to stand up for himself, too good stupid to even let himself realize his own feelings.

Maxine rolled her head against the back of the headrest; a small smirk crossed her lips. She wasn’t sure how she had gone so many years without him in Parish. He always knew what to say to make her feel better. She just shrugged her shoulders as he described her not so ideal tendencies. “I probably was wrong though, she’s saying she might not come back.”

She looked back out the window, resting her chin onto her hand. “I said she was fine, just to give her space.”

“I told her I didn’t want her to worry about me.” Maxine sighed, she hated how she had reacted to Isa’s overbearing nature. She knew that Isa just cared, just too much. Maybe she had crossed a boarder by making out with one of Isa’s best friends.

“I probably shouldn’t have made out with Noemie, I guess.” Maxine shrugged.

Maxine dropped her arms and looked over at Colby again. “I didn’t mean to hurt her over that, I was just drunk. And honestly I don’t regret it..” She bit the inside of her cheek. “She’s hot, and a good kisser. 10/10, would do again.” She chuckled lightly.

“If you can get over Tatum, you should go out with her.” Maxine smirked slyly, she watched Colby’s expression change. “Come on Colby, you can’t say you only want to be friends with Tatum, and then refuse to move on.” As they pulled into Colby’s grandparents drive way she hopped out of his truck, but leaned back in before closing the door. “Anyone would be lucky to have you Colby.”

“Heck, if I wasn’t completely gay, I would be alllll over that.” She pointed at Colby, laughing hysterically as she shut the door to his truck.

Maxine gave Colby’s Nona a hug when she walked into their house. She listened to her lectures on how they should have at least told them where they would be if they weren’t coming home that evening. “I’m sorry Nona.” Maxine said, Maxine didn’t have her own grandparents, she at least had never met them. She felt so lucky that they had accepted her in like it was nothing.

She went upstairs to the guest room, taking a quick shower. When she got out she had planned to put the same clothes back on, but with a quick sniff she realized they reeked of alcohol. How she hadn’t received more of a lecture from Colby’s grandmother, she would never know.

Maxine wrapped a towel around herself and snuck off into Colby’s room, stealing a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt before meeting him downstairs in the Coffee Shop

“Hey, you ready?” She came up behind him as he turned around and handed her a coffee. “Oo my favorite.” She smelled the vanilla flavoring breaking through the cup. “Thanks!” She lifted it to her lips taking a long sip, yea she needed this.

Maxine begrudgingly helped carry the boxes inside to the soup kitchen, she truthfully didn’t mind helping, she just liked to be a bit dramatic about it.

When they finished unpacking the van Maxine had nothing else to do, she too a seat at one of the tables and sipped on the coffee that Colby had bought her. Taking a minute to relax after the long night.
code by valen t.

Sawyer really did not want to talk about Kat. The last thing Sawyer wanted to do was even think about Katherine Navarro. That’s probably why she had avoided mentioning the whole thing to Harper when Zach popped up on her phone, informing her of the rather unfortunate return. Honestly, Sawyer knew that she and Katherine had never really been anything real in the first place, but....those kinds of feelings don’t just go away especially not when the object of those feelings kept coming back. Everytime Kat came slinking back to her, Sawyer always gave in and it was like ripping off a fresh bandaid over and over and over. Damnit, she’d ripped the bandaid off so much that it had left her scarred. So, no, she didn’t even want to to think about fucking Katherine. Not right now. Right now, all she really wanted to do was fuck around in an old house and maybe freak Harper out while she was at it. So, when Harper seemed to drop the whole Kat thing and they just made their way over to her car in silence, Sawyer was happy to follow along.

She had the window down as they drove, barking directions at Harper every so often. It was almost as cold outside as it had been the morning of the beach cleanup. Sawyer had taken her jacket off at some point and tied it around her waist so she was left only in a t-shirt with a less than savory design on it. She grinned out the window and stood up from her seat in the car, shoving almost half her body out the window and pulling a flower off some tree as they passed and folding herself back into the car. Sawyer reached over the seat and stuck the small, white thing in Harper’s hair, a chef's kiss motion following her actions.

“Magnifique. And you’ll see why.” She managed a little laugh as she answered Harper’s question just as they pulled up to their destination. Sawyer jumped out of the car rather excitedly, running around to the front of the vehicle, well as much running as she could. She grinned back at Harper and made a beckoning motion.

“You’re the one who’s staring. C’mon!” Sawyer was hobbling off toward the house, hoping that Harper was following as she started talking excitedly, all thoughts of Katherine Navarro seemingly gone, “This place has like tons of spooky history.” Sawyer held the door open for Harper and followed in after her still speaking.

“It was built by some guy named Hawking, hence Hawking street, in like 1780 something.” The door slammed shut behind them like it was spring loaded. Sawyer laughed at her own startled reaction, shaking it off as she continued her story.

“So, Hawking kicked the bucket when he fell and smashed his rich little head on the fireplace.” Sawyer pointed to the fireplace in the parlor room that they’d emerged into with a grin, “No one moved back into the house after him and it was just chilling here for forever. Some people thought it was like history or whatever and tried to keep it up to snuff, but you know they eventually died too. So, it kinda fell into disrepair until…” She swung around to face Harper, “They tried to reno it in like the 60’s but some guy died when a ceiling collapsed on him so they quit. Death number dos.”

Sawyer slammed her good foot down on the rickety old floor, causing a loud boom sound to emanate around the house and a laugh to escape Sawyer soon after. She turned around again to walk further into the room and made a show of pretending to trip toward the fireplace.

“Woah!” Sawyer caught herself and turned out laughing as soon as she heard a startled gasp from her best friend, “You’re too easy, Anderson. Anyway, two deaths, yada, yada. Some teens come to fuck around in here on Halloween in uh…” She ran her finger over the top of the fireplace as she tried to remember the date. The finger came back completely covered in dust and she blew the stuff at Harper.

“67! So they’re fucking around and a chick, Beth Lawson, trips and guess what?” Sawyer paused only momentarily, not expecting an answer, “Trips and busts her head on the very fireplace that our guy Hawking did like forever before.” She faked a gasp and pretended to feel faint as she lowered herself on the bottom of the fireplace to sit, “So she got-” Sawyer made a neck slicing motion with her head, “and that made three deaths. Now everyone thinks the place is cursed or whatever and that there’s ghosts in the walls. They say if you come here at night you can hear them whispering to you. OOOoooooOOOOOooOoOO!”

Sawyer
"It's dusty as fuck in here."
location? Hawking House OoOOo
outfit? still that jacket, around her waist this time, minus the fucking beanie
interactions? Harper Dazzle Dazzle
any last words? Can I kill someone else in the house? Max, you're next.
coded by incandescent

Sawyer really did not want to talk about Kat. The last thing Sawyer wanted to do was even think about Katherine Navarro. That’s probably why she had avoided mentioning the whole thing to Harper when Zach popped up on her phone, informing her of the rather unfortunate return. Honestly, Sawyer knew that she and Katherine had never really been anything real in the first place, but....those kinds of feelings don’t just go away especially not when the object of those feelings kept coming back. Everytime Kat came slinking back to her, Sawyer always gave in and it was like ripping off a fresh bandaid over and over and over. Damnit, she’d ripped the bandaid off so much that it had left her scarred. So, no, she didn’t even want to to think about fucking Katherine. Not right now. Right now, all she really wanted to do was fuck around in an old house and maybe freak Harper out while she was at it. So, when Harper seemed to drop the whole Kat thing and they just made their way over to her car in silence, Sawyer was happy to follow along.

She had the window down as they drove, barking directions at Harper every so often. It was almost as cold outside as it had been the morning of the beach cleanup. Sawyer had taken her jacket off at some point and tied it around her waist so she was left only in a t-shirt with a less than savory design on it. She grinned out the window and stood up from her seat in the car, shoving almost half her body out the window and pulling a flower off some tree as they passed and folding herself back into the car. Sawyer reached over the seat and stuck the small, white thing in Harper’s hair, a chef's kiss motion following her actions.

“Magnifique. And you’ll see why.” She managed a little laugh as she answered Harper’s question just as they pulled up to their destination. Sawyer jumped out of the car rather excitedly, running around to the front of the vehicle, well as much running as she could. She grinned back at Harper and made a beckoning motion.

“You’re the one who’s staring. C’mon!” Sawyer was hobbling off toward the house, hoping that Harper was following as she started talking excitedly, all thoughts of Katherine Navarro seemingly gone, “This place has like tons of spooky history.” Sawyer held the door open for Harper and followed in after her still speaking.

“It was built by some guy named Hawking, hence Hawking street, in like 1780 something.” The door slammed shut behind them like it was spring loaded. Sawyer laughed at her own startled reaction, shaking it off as she continued her story.

“So, Hawking kicked the bucket when he fell and smashed his rich little head on the fireplace.” Sawyer pointed to the fireplace in the parlor room that they’d emerged into with a grin, “No one moved back into the house after him and it was just chilling here for forever. Some people thought it was like history or whatever and tried to keep it up to snuff, but you know they eventually died too. So, it kinda fell into disrepair until…” She swung around to face Harper, “They tried to reno it in like the 60’s but some guy died when a ceiling collapsed on him so they quit. Death number dos.”

Sawyer slammed her good foot down on the rickety old floor, causing a loud boom sound to emanate around the house and a laugh to escape Sawyer soon after. She turned around again to walk further into the room and made a show of pretending to trip toward the fireplace.

“Woah!” Sawyer caught herself and turned out laughing as soon as she heard a startled gasp from her best friend, “You’re too easy, Anderson. Anyway, two deaths, yada, yada. Some teens come to fuck around in here on Halloween in uh…” She ran her finger over the top of the fireplace as she tried to remember the date. The finger came back completely covered in dust and she blew the stuff at Harper.

“67! So they’re fucking around and a chick, Beth Lawson, trips and guess what?” Sawyer paused only momentarily, not expecting an answer, “Trips and busts her head on the very fireplace that our guy Hawking did like forever before.” She faked a gasp and pretended to feel faint as she lowered herself on the bottom of the fireplace to sit, “So she got-” Sawyer made a neck slicing motion with her head, “and that made three deaths. Now everyone thinks the place is cursed or whatever and that there’s ghosts in the walls. They say if you come here at night you can hear them whispering to you. OOOoooooOOOOOooOoOO!”

Last edited:
MOOD: Stressed, anxious.

OUTFIT: an outfit that’s bound to get stained, but that’s okay. She got it from goodwill.

basics
MENTIONS: Clark, Isa KingofAesir KingofAesir r e i r e i

INT: N/A
tags
TL;DR Isa administered first aid, and Josie returned to making... whatever the hell she's making.
tl;dr
Josephine
Some day, I’ll be’ livin in a big ol’ city.

Did she overhear her?

Probably.

Did Josie regret it?

Would it be overly evil to say no?

So, yeah. She was muttering a few things about how Isa should've gave her a warning that she wouldn't show up instead of just reading her messages and... not replying. But it wasn't like Isabella was the only person Josie didn't talk about, but something told her Clark's own attitude wasn't going to be the best defense for Josie to use here. It might've been wrong for Josie to be all... upset about it.

Isa was here now, so what was the issue? It was most likely an underlying one because Josephine couldn't find the problem on the surface. She stood quiet, watching as the raven-haired girl across from her grabbed supplies to aid her in the dumbest injury Josie ever had. Clearly lost in thought as the blonde fought with herself internally, the thing was-- she didn't really want to be upset. It shouldn't be bothering her so much.

Overall, it wasn't all that big a deal.

She always did this, imagine invalidating your own feelings. Josephine always found someway or another to gaslight herself.

The blonde blinked into reality merely and she'd felt her heart fasten, glancing down at the physical contact Isa initiated, wincing as she removed the rag.

How was it that the smallest of cuts hurt the most?

It was hard to focus on what she was saying when Josie felt this nervous. She'd blamed the sudden anxiety on Isa. Juice boxes, first aids, spinach or not. The girl was still intimidating, that hadn't changed simply because she decided to help her out at the soup kitchen.

Josie's gaze was everywhere but her own wound, think of it like a child closing their eyes as they were getting a blood test. It wasn't that blood freaked her out or anything, the girl was a serial killer fanatic for gods sake.

It was just... her own blood that kinda made her uneasy.

Instead, she'd found herself watching Isa carefully as she spoke.

"I don't break my promises Sunny. Ever. It's a thing of mine."

Is it though?

She didn't voice her thoughts, it was only when Isa had glanced up Josie tore her gaze away, suddenly finding the ground incredibly interesting. It wasn't like she was that angry or anything, it was just kind of hard to keep eye contact with her sometimes.

Like she said before.

It was those goddamn eyes.

God forgive her, she didn't mean to curse mentally in a church.

Oh, who cares if it didn't count! It felt like it did, okay? Keep your judging to yourself.

"I mean, I wasn't technically cursing you out... I was just... It's okay."

Mocking you, kinda.

"And I'm sorry. Uh-- for both. The um, mocking and the bad morning stuff." Was it bad she didn't want to talk? Josie just wanted to press fast-forward on this whole day. Make it easier for the both of them. If what she was saying was true, not that Josie is insinuating that she's lying or anything, but if it was true.

It's okay.

While she still could've replied, Josie probably wouldn't of either. Bad mornings were bad mornings. It's... understandable.

Thankfully, they moved on to the next subject-- probably less important, but that's alright. "Oh? Not the worst you've seen? Do you have a second job I don't know about then? Doctor? Nurse? Professional bandager? " She teased, quick to bounce back to the old Josie in the matter of seconds after most of the tension was dissolved. This was easy, Josie can do friendly banter.

She hated confrontation. It was scarier in more ways than one, too many variables to think about. Josie's brows knitted together in slight confusion and plain curiosity. "You used to come here when you were younger?" She asked, not wanting to pry, but that was kinda Josie's thing.

The next thing she knew, Isabella was apologizing again and, as much as Josie appreciated it, it wasn't needed.

It was fine, really.

What wasn't, was the fact that Isa hadn't let go yet. Which had only made her heart stutter so quickly Josie could've swore it was mini-heart attack. You'd think she'd make a move to remove her hand, but it was as if she was frozen in place.

"I--"

The sound of sizzling water had cut into their silence ad Josie took that as an excuse to remove her hand, returning back to work while Isa's words practically burned in her mind. Josie strained the potatoes in cold water before transferring them into the boiling water, gnawing the dead skin off her lips while her mind a thousand miles per second, but of what?

Oh, she had no clue what was going on in there.

A silence sat between them and she wasn't quite sure on what to say, except for that one thing that kept coming back to her.

"I thought you didn't believe in promises."
code by valen t.

basics
MENTIONS:
@Dak (Ryan)
(Oliver)
(Max?)

INT:
tags
TL;DRscared of knife boy
tl;dr
Graham Moore
can I go home now?

Graham looked over at Max again before back at Ivy, he wasn’t exactly sure what Ivy was trying to accomplish with some sort of dance. He wasn’t too sure why they were trying to get the attentions of the on lookers at all. Hadn’t the point been to get the attention of the mayor and anyone else that worked in the building? Graham looked towards where Ivy pointed, there was only a few people who were gathered around the center. And none of them seemed to even remotely care for their whale cause.

‘Revolution?’ Graham thought to himself, why had he even come. Will-ay did not need town rights, he had already hopefully gone back to his pod all together. But, he was in it, and he had no chance of leaving now. Graham figured that Ivy wouldn’t even let him if he tried to leave as it was.

“I am a bit out of practice..” Graham sighed. “I used to be able to do a backflip, not sure I still can though.” Graham felt rather out of place standing in the middle of the common. There was no music to be played and he still wasn’t exactly sure how he was supposed to grab the attention of the onlookers. Realistically he wasn’t that good.

Graham thought about what kind of routine he could do. He hadn’t put anything together since his last dance recital, and he couldn’t do all the lifts by himself.

A light bulb went off above Graham’s head, he realized what he could do.

Graham started clapping creating a beat, leaping from side to side as he got himself revved up for his old cheer routine.

Graham began to chant changing the words to fit the new occasion, “W-I-L-L-Y-W-H-A-L-E, Willy, the Whale, Willy the Whale.” He was nodding his head along to the beat he created, getting lost in his own world as he would whenever he danced. Graham never got nervous when he was able to focus on completing a routine.

Graham stopped dropping his fists to his side before bringing his hands together again and clapping once more. “Let’s go.” He said dropping his head to his chest.

Graham lifted his head leaping into the air into a straddle split, coming back up with seeming like very little inertia he jumped up into the air into a front split. Graham came back down lightly onto his feet.

He placed his hands in a low v, before getting a running start into an aerial cartwheel. Stumbling as he landed it ever so slightly. It had been a while since he had attempted one, he was starting to feel out of breath even though he had just started.

Rather than turning back around to move over to be behind Ivy again, Graham continued with his routine. He leaned backwards into a backbend, throwing his legs over to continue his movement into a back walk over.

Graham walked over to Ivy as the lady she had called over handed her a $10 bill. “We’re raising money?” Graham breathed, rather out of breath. He needed to get in shape before the first football game, he was not going to be able to do all these moves in a pirate uniform if he was out of breath with only so little on.

Ivy swiftly gave Graham an elbow to the ribs, causing him to cough slightly uncontrollably. As the lady walked away from the two kids Graham asked another question that was sure to get him a look from Ivy. “Since when is the wildlife protection in on this?” Graham was confused, he thought they were just protesting the injustice on Will-Ay, not trying to raise money.
code by valen t.

MOOD: slightly scared

basics
MENTIONS:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (max)
erzulie erzulie (hya)
Soap Soap (kat)
INT:
tags
TL;DRHarper listening to Sawyers haunted house stories
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

Harper closed her car door, chasing after Sawyer who moved too fast for someone with a sprained ankle in a boot. She struggled to keep up, chasing her up the slightly decomposed stairs. Harper listened intently as Sawyer began to tell her stories of the Hawking’s House, Harper usually stayed away from those kind of tales, they freaked her out just a bit too much. However, ever since she became friends with Sawyer, she had to suck up those feelings of being afraid of whatever was around the corner, because when you were friends with Sawyer, there was always something.

As Harper walked through the door after Sawyer, she took everything in, the floor below them looked like it could fallout within any moment. As the door slammed behind them Harper jumped what felt like 3 feet into the air, grabbing onto Sawyer’s arm. Sawyer’s eyes said what she didn’t have to, she was laughing internally at Harper’s fear. Harper just glared back at her friend, she knew that Harper hated anything that could be considered haunted. Harper always let her mind run just a little too far with the possibilities, and rather than finding them interesting, she found it downright terrifying.

Letting go of Sawyer’s arm she followed her closely into the parlor. Staring at the fireplace as Sawyer told the first story, the first person who had died at the Hawking house. She tried to see if she could find the spot he had hit his head. Ironically, the fireplace looked like it hadn’t even dented, nor could Harper see any blood stains around it. She figured that after all these years, the blood was either cleaned up or it had just broken down.

It was weird to think no one ever bothered to move back in here, it hadn’t even been considered cursed yet. Only one death and yet everyone wanted to stay away. Harper found that part of the story odd.

Harper’s eyes went wide, looking up at the ceiling above them. “Should we even be in here, if the ceiling collapsed in the 60’s there is no way it is safe.” Harper knew Sawyer didn’t care; they were too far in now. She wanted her adventure and Harper was not going to be the one to stop her.

The house felt rather eerie as they walked through it, it just felt too silent for such an old house. Harper would of thought the floors would of creaked more below their feet than they did.

Harper jumped as Sawyer tested the floors, the loud booming sound scared her more than the idea of them falling through the floor. Harper shoved Sawyer on the shoulder. “What the fuck.” She whispered as if she was trying to hide her voice from the walls. “Do you want to fall through another floor?” She shoved Sawyer in the shoulder.

She watched as her best friend started to fool around, pretending to fall into the fireplace. “Knock it off Sawyer.” Harper continued to whisper; she crossed her arms looking around the room. “With your luck you’ll actually fall into the fireplace.” Harper swallowed; her throat felt dry pressing her lips together Harper pulled her arms even closer around herself.

“Sorry that I don’t want to see my friend be the third death.” Harper rolled her eyes, looking at the stairs beside her. They looked darker than the rest of the house did, just as crumbly as the ones outside. Harper really hoped that Sawyer wouldn’t drag her upstairs, she felt like if they went up there they probably wouldn’t even make it half way before they fell into the basement.. That was if this house had one. “Fourth death… Sorry I don’t want my friend to be the fourth death.” She corrected herself.

Harper saw something in Sawyer’s eyes. “Don’t you dare say it.” Harper’s shoulders dropped. “We are not coming back here at night.” Harper’s arm hit one of the support beams, shrieking ever so slightly as she pulled her hand back. Of course, she would end up scaring herself. “Sawyer why the hell do you like to hang out in places like this.” Harper gestured around the building, making sure not to hit the support beam this time. “Why can’t you just like to make brownies when you’re having a bad day.” Harper sighed.
code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back