• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Kids Aren't Alright | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here

ISABELLA ALEJA EDISON-ROSE

mood: confused + location: soup kitchen + outfit: xxx + tags: Soap Soap

"You were cursing me out Sunny." Isa says smiling softly at her. "Like I said, I deserved it. I did an ass move and that's on me, not you. " Isa was used to taking the blame for things, something that she had learned when she was younger. Foster families blamed her for everything she ever did even if it was good, they blamed her if they had a bad day. Something she did caused it. It was all her fault. Everything was her fault. She was the reason for it all. It became such a second nature to take the blame. To say sorry even if she doesn't need to. Even if nothing was her fault. Even her friends had noticed it. She felt the need to apolgize for something that she never had part in. She was just conditioned to feel that way.

"It wasn't your fault for either of those things. I deserved mocking. And my bad morning...was just my bad morning. Nothing you did made it worse. It's just a bad day," Isa adds softly looking at Josie and then looking away. It actually wasn't terrible as of now. She was much calmer and in a better mood. She chalks it up to Sunny's attitude. She noticed it when she was at work, Sunny had the power to make even the grumpiest customers smile. It was like they forgot all their problems when they talked to her. She spent the time to be kind, and understanding. Hell, even Isa was weak to her powers, even on her worst days like today, she could forget it while talking to Josie. It was something strange about it. "In fact, you are making it bearable right now." She says to herself softly as she looked at the floor. Not noticing she was holding Josie's hand longer then what she needed to. She smiled at Sunny and laughed.

"You forget Queen Sunny, that I'm your knight. " She said smirking "And it is my job to be the protector to the Queen. That means, yes being a professional bandager." Isa retorts to her. Honestly, Isa's hospital records were proof of her knowledge. From bruised ribs to a cut the size of texas on her side. Whether it was from a fight or from a foster father. She was used to getting hurt. Something she learned how to deal with, once she noticed that after a while doctors and nurses get suspicion after the fourth time you come in with black and blue bruises. Isa wasn't fond of the orphanage and didn't want to be sent cross-state so she hid it. Learning how to take care of her wounds herself. Only doing it so the big ones were taking to the hospital or here where the volunteers would care enough to make sure she was alright. Sometimes nurses or doctors volunteered, and it worked out that way. It was memories that Josie brought back asking her next question.

"Well Sunny, I was a foster kid, never knew my parents. They dumped me at the hospital the day I was born. Didn't even bother to give me a name. The nurses named me. " Isa says calmly and unemotional. "My mom isn't my birth mother. She's my adoptive mother. I was fostered by her from 13 and I got adopted by her at 15, I believe. But before then, it was an onslaught of foster families. The thing about foster families, you don't always get good ones." She says chuckling coldly. She was one of the unlucky ones, she was hit by bad foster families more so than good ones. The good ones being so far in between the good ones that sometimes it was hard to remember those times. "So sometimes when I got hungry and the fosters conveniently forgot to feed me. I went here. Hot food to eat and they even let me sometimes crashed in here. It was a safe haven for a minute till I found a better way to get food. " Isa doesn't know why she was being so open but honestly she never hid the fact that she was a foster kid. Her mom is her mom, yes, but it was obvious that they didn't look alike to so she was used to the questions.

It stood silent for a moment. Isa could tell that Sunny didn't know what to say. She just shook her head. It wasn't her fault that she got dealt a bad deal in life. She's just lucky to be still breathing right now. It wasn't like there weren't tons of times she could get seriously hurt. It wasn't till the water that was sizzling loudly shocked them both into actions. Josie taking her hand from Isa and rushing to grab the pot. She wouldn't lie and say that she wasn't missing that hand right now. It was warm and she was calmer holding it. She just stands there silently watching. It was something else watching Sunny work. It was fascinating at times as well. She had always felt a calm come over her as she watched her work. It wasn't until Sunny asked her a question, that snapped her out of her watching.

"I don't. Never did. Promises were always broken. " She says softly looking at her. Maybe it was because Sunny had that aura that always seemed to draw in Isa or the fact that she couldn't seem let her be sad for too long. It was like something inside her hurt watching her hurt. Maybe it was just her protective instincts towards Josie but honestly, it was something else and Isa knew it deep inside but it was buried deep inside of her. It was the reason that she cursed at rude customers when she saw that fake smile on her face or that upset face. It was the reason she was here. It was the reason she protected her last night. Isa didn't want to see Sunny hurt. So if she had to make a promise, to keep that happy as sun ass attitude on her face. She honestly would make 100, just for that reason.

"It's....uh just for you."
coded by natasha.

Harper was literally an old woman. Sawyer couldn’t understand how someone could possibly just wanna sit around and bake fucking brownies for fun. Brownies were not fun. Brownies were cut and dry, measurements and mixing and waiting, Oh god, waiting. Sawyer had never been a patient person. If she wanted something, she wanted it right then and there and she was not about to sit around and wait for fucking brownies to bake. Harper should be used to Sawyer’s ‘let’s go right now and fuck shit up or I’ll die’ attitude. Besides, she wasn’t having a bad day anyway. Who was having a bad day? Not Sawyer Andrews, she was having a great day. She was in a freaky old house with her much less freaky friend and everything was just fine. Sawyer jumped up from her spot on the fireplace and marched up to Harper with a resolute expression on her face. She leaned over Harper, bringing her face as close as she could to the other girl’s before she even said anything.

“I am having a wonderful day and brownies are boring as fuck, Harper. I’m not a domestic suburban mom baking shit for her kids soccer game.” She grinned at her own joke and pulled away from Harper, throwing her arms out wide and spinning around on her good foot, “I do this shit because I’m young and I wanna fuck the world and face my fears while I can, cause you wanna know something that you totally already know?” She glanced over at the rickety ass stairs just outside the room they were standing in and grinned at Harper again.

“I’m fucking terrified of heights which is why we’re gonna climb those fucking stairs and you’re going to like it.” Sawyer marched off toward the stairs, leaving Harper with one of two options: follow her or stay down on the secure bottom floor like a pussy. Because there was no way in Hell or Heaven that she was ever going to stop Sawyer Andrews from being a complete and utter dumbass. Sawyer sucked in a breath as she stepped one cautious foot on the bottom step, testing it carefully with her weight as she went slowly up. At some point about halfway up, she stopped and kinda just looked up at how weirdly high these stairs actually were. Who made stairs so steep in a house anyway. Fuck. Sawyer took two quick and deep breaths and then she was practically flying up the stairs, taking two at a time. Thankfully, she seemed to have skipped any weak steps and she was solidly on the second floor before she knew it. Easy. Instead of standing there and making herself dizzy staring down and waiting for Harper’s slow ass, Sawyer took off further into the second floor. There was an attic access that Sawyer took note of as she passed. They’d have to save that for later, there was no way Sawyer was crawling around in a dusty ass old attic with only Harper to back her up. Maybe they could come back later with Zach or someone else who could lift heavy shit. There were entirely too many rooms in here for them to explore by themselves anyway. Sawyer passed three rooms that looked a little too boring for her attention until she finally just turned into one.

The whole place looked like it’d been outfitted for fucking vampires to live in. All of the crumbling remains of windows were covered over by thick black sheets and what little light was in the room was provided only by the light filtering in through the doorway Sawyer stood in. If the door was shut, Sawyer was sure the room would be pitch black. The place smelled to high heaven and Sawyer coughed as she lifted up the bottom of her shirt to cover her mouth and nose. What the fuck smelled so god awful in here? Sawyer squinted in the low light as she walked further into the room. Eventually, she just pulled out her phone with the hand that wasn’t holding her shirt to her face and flicked the flashlight on. What she saw when she swung the light around the room almost made her want to puke. There were at least ten bodies of very dead and decaying cats laid out in a circle around some half burned and...black candles. Most of the cats were half decayed, like they had died maybe a week or two ago, but some of them were more fresh and then there were some that were just bones. What the actual fuck?

“Harper, come the fuck here!” Sawyer called, her voice muffled through her shirt, “And for the love of god, put something over your nose cause it smells like...well....death in here.” What the actual shit was this? She wracked her brain for any kind of logical explanation for what looked like a fucking cat sacrifice ring. When nothing came to mind, she resigned herself to thinking they had some freakazoid in this weird ass town who liked to kill cats. Great. Don’t we all love a friendly neighborhood cat murderer? Come to think of it, she’d seen and abnormal amount of missing cat posters around town recently.

“Guess we know what happened to those missing cats, huh?” Sawyer tried to joke as she heard Harper enter the room behind her, it wasn’t very funny at all.

“Fuck me. Jesus.”

Sawyer
"Uh, hey Kathy, we found your cat."
location? Hawking House OoOOo
outfit? still that jacket, around her waist this time, minus the fucking beanie
interactions? Harper Dazzle Dazzle
any last words? Cat murderer NPC?
coded by incandescent

Harper was literally an old woman. Sawyer couldn’t understand how someone could possibly just wanna sit around and bake fucking brownies for fun. Brownies were not fun. Brownies were cut and dry, measurements and mixing and waiting, Oh god, waiting. Sawyer had never been a patient person. If she wanted something, she wanted it right then and there and she was not about to sit around and wait for fucking brownies to bake. Harper should be used to Sawyer’s ‘let’s go right now and fuck shit up or I’ll die’ attitude. Besides, she wasn’t having a bad day anyway. Who was having a bad day? Not Sawyer Andrews, she was having a great day. She was in a freaky old house with her much less freaky friend and everything was just fine. Sawyer jumped up from her spot on the fireplace and marched up to Harper with a resolute expression on her face. She leaned over Harper, bringing her face as close as she could to the other girl’s before she even said anything.

“I am having a wonderful day and brownies are boring as fuck, Harper. I’m not a domestic suburban mom baking shit for her kids soccer game.” She grinned at her own joke and pulled away from Harper, throwing her arms out wide and spinning around on her good foot, “I do this shit because I’m young and I wanna fuck the world and face my fears while I can, cause you wanna know something that you totally already know?” She glanced over at the rickety ass stairs just outside the room they were standing in and grinned at Harper again.

“I’m fucking terrified of heights which is why we’re gonna climb those fucking stairs and you’re going to like it.” Sawyer marched off toward the stairs, leaving Harper with one of two options: follow her or stay down on the secure bottom floor like a pussy. Because there was no way in Hell or Heaven that she was ever going to stop Sawyer Andrews from being a complete and utter dumbass. Sawyer sucked in a breath as she stepped one cautious foot on the bottom step, testing it carefully with her weight as she went slowly up. At some point about halfway up, she stopped and kinda just looked up at how weirdly high these stairs actually were. Who made stairs so steep in a house anyway. Fuck. Sawyer took two quick and deep breaths and then she was practically flying up the stairs, taking two at a time. Thankfully, she seemed to have skipped any weak steps and she was solidly on the second floor before she knew it. Easy. Instead of standing there and making herself dizzy staring down and waiting for Harper’s slow ass, Sawyer took off further into the second floor. There was an attic access that Sawyer took note of as she passed. They’d have to save that for later, there was no way Sawyer was crawling around in a dusty ass old attic with only Harper to back her up. Maybe they could come back later with Zach or someone else who could lift heavy shit. There were entirely too many rooms in here for them to explore by themselves anyway. Sawyer passed three rooms that looked a little too boring for her attention until she finally just turned into one.

The whole place looked like it’d been outfitted for fucking vampires to live in. All of the crumbling remains of windows were covered over by thick black sheets and what little light was in the room was provided only by the light filtering in through the doorway Sawyer stood in. If the door was shut, Sawyer was sure the room would be pitch black. The place smelled to high heaven and Sawyer coughed as she lifted up the bottom of her shirt to cover her mouth and nose. What the fuck smelled so god awful in here? Sawyer squinted in the low light as she walked further into the room. Eventually, she just pulled out her phone with the hand that wasn’t holding her shirt to her face and flicked the flashlight on. What she saw when she swung the light around the room almost made her want to puke. There were at least ten bodies of very dead and decaying cats laid out in a circle around some half burned and...black candles. Most of the cats were half decayed, like they had died maybe a week or two ago, but some of them were more fresh and then there were some that were just bones. What the actual fuck?

“Harper, come the fuck here!” Sawyer called, her voice muffled through her shirt, “And for the love of god, put something over your nose cause it smells like...well....death in here.” What the actual shit was this? She wracked her brain for any kind of logical explanation for what looked like a fucking cat sacrifice ring. When nothing came to mind, she resigned herself to thinking they had some freakazoid in this weird ass town who liked to kill cats. Great. Don’t we all love a friendly neighborhood cat murderer? Come to think of it, she’d seen and abnormal amount of missing cat posters around town recently.

“Guess we know what happened to those missing cats, huh?” Sawyer tried to joke as she heard Harper enter the room behind her, it wasn’t very funny at all.

“Fuck me. Jesus.”

MOOD: unable to breathe, disgusted

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
NA
INT:
KingofAesir KingofAesir (sawyer)
tags
TL;DRHarper and Sawyer trying to not throw up
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

Harper just rolled her eyes, she could see right through Sawyers gritted teeth as she claimed that she was having a ‘wonderful day.’ Harper knew that her and Sawyer had different ideas on fun, however without Sawyer, Harper would admit that her life would be a lot more boring. Harper just shook her head, of course Sawyer’s intimidating stance while she stood over her might of scary to anyone else. But Harper knew that on the inside Sawyer was a big teddy bear.

“Sawyer!” Harper called after her, laughing nervously as she chased her friend up the rickety steps. Harper was masking her absolute fear of being caught alone in the Hawking house. Her feet moved quickly barely touching the steps below her feet.

Harper caught up to Sawyer, taking in the second floor which only had a few pieces of furniture detailing it. “Woe.” Harper said as she stood right behind Sawyer. “This is… Well..” Harper didn’t have the right word to describe what it looked like up there. Harper looked up at the ceiling, where the main source of light came through. Cracks in the roof distracted her, taking a few slow steps not watching where she put her feet.

Her breath caught in her throat as she stepped on carpet and felt her foot fall through the floor. Harper shrieked in response to being caught off guard. But absolutely did not scream “help sawyer its got me!”

Once Harper had caught her breath and felt like she was able to breath again. She lifted her foot out of the divot that her foot had slipped into. Luckily her ankle was fine, just a few small scratches but no actual damage. Making a mental note that she needed to actually watch where she was stepping and be less concerned about the roof caving in on them.

Harper looked over towards where Sawyer stood in the threshold to the next room, covering the lower half of her nose with her arm. She didn’t know what to truly expect, Sawyer tended to be just a bit dramatic. The last thing Harper expected was there to be actual dead bodies in the next room. “What the fuck.” Harper whispered; her mouth gapped open for a moment before she quickly closed it. “Oh my god.” The smell had been so bad that Harper felt like she was absorbing it through her mouth.

Her face twisted up in all types of disgust. She felt like she was going to throw up as she attempted to breathe through the sleeve of her sweatshirt. “I guess we do…” Harper trailed off.

Harper stared at the cats, there was no way that this happened naturally, the cats were too perfectly placed in circles, the burnt candles. Someone had to been here, and somehow, that scared her more than some supernatural explanation. How someone could have taken the life of all these cats, for what reason. She could not understand it. “Who the hell would do this?”

She could feel her heart breaking for the animals, being so unlucky to have ended up in this position, and then thinking about how their owners had no idea where they were. “How long do you think this was going on.” Harper wanted to back away, close the door, take in a fresh breath of air. But she couldn’t tear her eyes away from it. “Sawyer. Someone has been here.” Harper looked at a sandwich that sat on the desk in the room. It was obviously moldy, but it looked like it had only sat there for a few days maybe a week at most.
code by valen t.

This was quite literally a scene from a horror movie. In fact, if they actually were in a horror movie the big bad probably would’ve made his grand entrance already. If this were a movie, she and Harper would be dead already. But this wasn’t a horror movie and Sawyer wasn’t scared of some tweaked out cat killer. This shit definitely needed to be documented. Sawyer fiddled with her phone until she had the camera app open and was filming the whole scene. She spun around the room until the camera was centered on Harper and she stopped recording. That was enough to show anyone who might doubt them. Because, after this discovery they were definitely coming back here later. Whoever was doing this shit needed to be caught and Sawyer didn’t trust their police to actually do shit. So she’d do it herself.

“This is insane.” Sawyer coughed into her shirt, flashlight pointed at Harper’s shoes, “We gotta find the sicko that did this shit.” Harper mentioning that someone had been here caught her off guard and she gave a shocked glance in the direction her friend was looking. She frowned as she approached the half-eaten sandwich, examining it and the other various things occupying the desk. The sandwich was at least a week old but there was a burrito sitting behind it that was definitely fresh which meant that they had either just missed whoever did this or...shit. Sawyer sucked in a breath at the rest of the things laid out on the table. A pocket knife covered in blood, fresh blood at that. Shit. Shit. Shit. Sawyer backed away from the table as slow as she could, reaching into her jean pocket and pulling out her own bloodless pocket knife.

“We need to leave, like now.” Sawyer wasn’t about to stay here and wait for the sicko to come back while it was just her and Harper. If she was gonna catch this guy, she was bringing more than Harper. She had just gotten back to the door of the room and taken a hold of Harper’s arm when a loud crash sounded from down the hall. The attic access came swinging open and a pair of heavy boots started stomping down the ladder. Fuck. Fuck. Sawyer glanced at the other end of the hall where, luckily, another set of stairs leading down. She pushed Harper in that direction.

“Go! Fucking run, fuck, fuck, fuck.” The guy coming down the ladder had just landed and spotted them, shouting after them as they took off in the other direction. Sawyer ripped a candle holder off the wall and chucked it at the guy, hitting him squarely in the jaw and turned around again. The adrenaline pumping through her system cancelled out any pain she might’ve been feeling and she quickly caught up with Harper, grabbing her arm once again to help her keep up. They flew down the stairs and out the door before the freak chasing them even got to the last step. Sawyer practically shoved Harper to the drivers side of the car and was quick to jump in the passenger seat.

“Hurry your ass up, I am not about to fight a drugged out cat killer on a fucked ankle!” Sawyer pleaded with Harper to get them the hell out of there before Luka Magnotta 2.0 caught up with them.

Sawyer
"It's the cat killing slasher."
location? Hawking House OoOOo
outfit? still that jacket, around her waist this time, minus the fucking beanie
any last words? FUCKING RUN
coded by incandescent

This was quite literally a scene from a horror movie. In fact, if they actually were in a horror movie the big bad probably would’ve made his grand entrance already. If this were a movie, she and Harper would be dead already. But this wasn’t a horror movie and Sawyer wasn’t scared of some tweaked out cat killer. This shit definitely needed to be documented. Sawyer fiddled with her phone until she had the camera app open and was filming the whole scene. She spun around the room until the camera was centered on Harper and she stopped recording. That was enough to show anyone who might doubt them. Because, after this discovery they were definitely coming back here later. Whoever was doing this shit needed to be caught and Sawyer didn’t trust their police to actually do shit. So she’d do it herself.

“This is insane.” Sawyer coughed into her shirt, flashlight pointed at Harper’s shoes, “We gotta find the sicko that did this shit.” Harper mentioning that someone had been here caught her off guard and she gave a shocked glance in the direction her friend was looking. She frowned as she approached the half-eaten sandwich, examining it and the other various things occupying the desk. The sandwich was at least a week old but there was a burrito sitting behind it that was definitely fresh which meant that they had either just missed whoever did this or...shit. Sawyer sucked in a breath at the rest of the things laid out on the table. A pocket knife covered in blood, fresh blood at that. Shit. Shit. Shit. Sawyer backed away from the table as slow as she could, reaching into her jean pocket and pulling out her own bloodless pocket knife.

“We need to leave, like now.” Sawyer wasn’t about to stay here and wait for the sicko to come back while it was just her and Harper. If she was gonna catch this guy, she was bringing more than Harper. She had just gotten back to the door of the room and taken a hold of Harper’s arm when a loud crash sounded from down the hall. The attic access came swinging open and a pair of heavy boots started stomping down the ladder. Fuck. Fuck. Sawyer glanced at the other end of the hall where, luckily, another set of stairs leading down. She pushed Harper in that direction.

“Go! Fucking run, fuck, fuck, fuck.” The guy coming down the ladder had just landed and spotted them, shouting after them as they took off in the other direction. Sawyer ripped a candle holder off the wall and chucked it at the guy, hitting him squarely in the jaw and turned around again. The adrenaline pumping through her system cancelled out any pain she might’ve been feeling and she quickly caught up with Harper, grabbing her arm once again to help her keep up. They flew down the stairs and out the door before the freak chasing them even got to the last step. Sawyer practically shoved Harper to the drivers side of the car and was quick to jump in the passenger seat.

“Hurry your ass up, I am not about to fight a drugged out cat killer on a fucked ankle!” Sawyer pleaded with Harper to get them the hell out of there before Luka Magnotta 2.0 caught up with them.

mood
amazed and still pukey

outfit
ootd

tags
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Tatum
juliet everett
After puking, Juliet found herself walking outside with Tatum stealing cigarettes from smokers who were smoking inside. First, Juliet knew that was not the last time that day where she would hang out with her best pal, Trashcan. Second, Tatum SMOKES? She’s way too advanced for the poor sheltered girl. Probably the only rebel thing Juliet has ever done was drinking at the party last night. Honestly, her parents probably didn’t care all that much when Juliet came home last night hungover. They probably wouldn’t care if she murdered a baby or something. Not like Juliet would ever do that, it was just a comparison. Third, Tatum is really cool! She is basically a badass because she stole those people’s cigarettes and here she is sitting down and lighting a smoke. Fourth, why is Tatum continuing to hang out with Juliet? Okay, yes she did approach the blonde girl first but she could have just ate the muffin and left Juliet to her own devices. Instead, Tatum called her ‘Jules’ and stuck with her as she hurled chunks into a garbage can. It made Juliet discover that this badass is a genuinely nice person (if it was Juliet hanging out with a person hurling into a trashcan, she would have left them..).

Juliet plopped on the ground and rubbed her stomach as if that could help soothe the constant nausea. Thankfully, being outside kept her hands cold so it slightly made her stomach feel better. She looked up to see the sad blonde breathing out a puff while being lost in thought. Juliet wondered what she was thinking, well whatever it is, it seemed to make Tatum look more sad. Or Juliet is just over analyzing everything because she thinks her years of watching Korean dramas made her become a professional at people watching.

Even though she prides herself for her expertise in people watching, she finally noticed Stu was nowhere to be found. Where is that rat? She gasped. Rat sounds like a snake and you know what snakes are? Backstabbers. In another world if the year 2020 has gone awry, it would be the rat’s fault because it is the year of the rat. Therefore, Stu is not a rat because he is not a backstabber. Instead, he is a cute mouse from Ratatouille... probably. Juliet looked around, “Where did Stu go? I was going to ask him if he knew this Oliver kid. I really want to give him my purge clothes.”

The more Juliet stared at Tatum, the more she wondered if they should get out of here. There are plenty of people here at the soup kitchen and right now a lot of it is cleaning up. Both Tatum and Juliet looked wrecked. Maybe they could both get to know each other and Juliet could explore the town a bit. If they hit downtown, there would be a trashcan at every corner meaning easy access to vomiting! If Tatum doesn’t want to, that’s okay, they could just relax out here while Juliet does second-hand smoking.

“Hey, do you want to get out of here?”
coded by reveriee

MOOD: ready to solve a mystery

basics
MENTIONS:
NA
INT:
tags
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

Harper didn’t need to be told twice, if the dead cats didn’t send her running out of the room the half eaten sandwich would have. The idea of the supernatural scared Harper, but not as much as someone intentionally injuring and killing cats for some kind of sick ritual. She backed out of the room quickly, as Sawyer followed taking a hold of her arm.

The attic door swung open and Harper just froze as she saw heavy black boots coming down the steps of the ladder. She could feel Sawyer shoving her towards the stairs, she wanted to run but her feet felt like they were frozen to the ground. Harper stared, after what felt like eternity she could hear Sawyers voice, just barely, like it was talking through foggy air, telling her to run. She quickly turned on her heal before taking off down the stairs. She felt like she didn’t touch a single one as she quickly shoved open the front door at the bottom of the stairs.

As Harper reached the bottom of the stairs she heard someone grunt, staring back up the stairs she waited for Sawyer. She couldn’t leave her best friend behind with some deranged lunatic. Sawyer booked it down the stairs like she was lightening even with the boot, Harper barely saw her take a step either.

Harper swung the door to her car open, quickly turning the key that she had left in the ignition. Though she had told Sawyer she had it on her. She barley looked behind her as she threw the car into reverse and took off like a bat out of hell. Figuring that if they were to hit anyone it would just be the cracked out cat killer and it was a risk she was willing to take. Harper continued to drive straight backwards till they were at the main road.

Harper breathed out a sigh of relief as they were on the main road, far from where the cracked out cat killer had been. Harper never saw another car in the drive way, she innocently thought that meant that it was unlikely that he had followed them. “What the hell.” She spoke out loud as she gripped the steering wheel so tight that her knuckles had turned white. “Who was that?” She turned to face Sawyer as she pulled up to a red light. “What was he doing there?” Harper continued asking questions that she knew that Sawyer did not have the answers to. Sawyer knew as much as Harper did, and that was not very much.

Harper drove through the middle Parish Point, rambling on about all sorts of questions that neither of them had the answer to. Coming to the conclusion that they needed to go back, with reinforcements next time. Harper wasn’t exactly thrilled with the idea, but she also knew that the town police offices would likely do nothing, except incriminate Harper and Sawyer for trespassing on dangerous property.

Harper pulled into Sawyer’s driveway, opening her car door the two of them walked inside. “Hi Mr. Andrews.” Harper called out, “We’re back from the soup kitchen.” She smiled, “Safe and sound. Completely safe and sound.” Harper earned a elbow to the chest, as Sawyer tried to discreetly tell her to shut up. The two of them had decided that they would not speak of their little adventure, knowing all too well that Mr. Andrews would punish them for it and then likely tell the cops. Which neither of them wanted. This would have to stay between the two of them, and well, the entire publicity of twitter.

Mr. Andrews said that Harper could only stay for a short time, because technically Sawyer was still under house arrest.

The two of them wandered upstairs to Sawyer’s bedroom, taking a seat at the end of her bed. “Geeze, you really need to clean your room.” Harper fought the urge to start organizing and cleaning up Sawyers room. As Sawyer closed the door the two of them spoke quietly of their plans for the following night.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Laughing

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

TexasKingPin TexasKingPin
tags
TL;DR Listening to the princess and the frog story
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

Astraea listened intently to Chester’s story. She nodded as he asked if she had ever heard of the movie ‘The Princess and The Frog.’
“It’s one of my favorites.” She added, a sweet smile placed on her lips. She had just met this stranger, yet she had no problem talking to him and enjoyed listening to his deep voice that drifted over every word oh so carefully. She could only describe his voice with the word elegant, which she knew was not the correct word for how he sounded but it was the only one she could think of.

“Understandably so.” She smirked playfully, she thought of every story that she was told as a kid, almost every single one ending in the prince saving the day. That may have been why she liked the Princess and the Frog with Tatiana so much more. It told a different side of the story, which was far more interesting than a princess kissing a frog and living happily ever after.

Astraea’s face made a grimacing look as he told the story where she would kiss the frogs in the back yard. “Oh no!” She chuckled. “Those poor frogs.” She shook her head, her blonde curls falling in front of her face.

As Chester looked away from her, she followed his gaze over to the children who were running around, smiles plastered on their faces. They had stopped for a moment to pull off their coats and hats, over heating from all the running they were doing. Astraea shuttered thinking about how cold it would be without her coat on. The wind from the storm that had happened previously had left cold lingering winds.

Her mouth dropped open as he told her about the miniature frog prison Ariah had built in their backyard. “Oh no!” The sides of her eyes crinkled as she smiled even bigger, shaking her head once more she laughed even harder. “Mini prince prison.” She bit her bottom lip dragging it between her teeth. “She must have an extremely overly active imagination. I’m sure you’ll have many more stories like that as she gets older.”

“I would have to say, I never kissed any frogs as a kid.” She tilted her head, her smile was soft as she looked over Chester’s shoulder to see Ariah running around trying to tag the kids that were just out of her reach. “I may have tried to convince my parents to let me take earth worms into the house as pets.”

She pressed her tongue into the side of her cheek. “That did not go over well.” She shook her head. “Not that I’ve been looking.” She clicked her tongue. “But I haven’t seen you around before, are you two new to Parish?” In Astraea’s defense, the past few years she had been pretty much on lock down, either at school, playing soccer, or at home studying. There was never much time for anything else. Grades always came first. Hopefully now that she was back at Parish’s Public school, she might have more time for herself. Though her parents were not totally happy that she had completely flunked out of Hartfield. But now at least she was unable to return and they had no control over that and that felt amazing to her.

“So, not to ask an annoying question but, how old are you?” Whenever Astraea was blunt, it rarely went over well. Her parents always wanted her to think about what she was saying before she said it. But, she liked answers and the only way to get them was by asking questions.
code by valen t.

Harper’s tires kicking up dust as they pulled away from the house surrounded them in a cloud of dirt that Sawyer could just barely see the guy that was chasing them through. He burst out of the house just as Harper was putting the car in gear but made no move to go further than that. Sawyer got a very brief look at him before the dust clouded her vision. He was tall, taller than Sawyer at least, his head almost touched the top of the door frame. He had a bandanna over the lower half of his face, but Sawyer could see the end of a scraggly black beard poking out of the bottom of it. He had similarly black hair that was long and pulled back in a ponytail that made Sawyer want to grimace at just how...dirty this guy looked. What she could see of his skin was red looking like the guy had been out in the sun too long and fried himself. They were too far away for Sawyer to be able to make out his eye color but they still looked terrifying. Before, when they hadn’t really seen him, Sawyer wasn’t too afraid but now she was more than a little scared of the guy. He was just kinda standing there and staring at them, he almost looked unreal. Sawyer was glad when they were back on the asphalt of the road and she couldn’t see him any more. What a freak.

Harper was very, very talkative when she was scared apparently. It was like her nerves had her riding high and a million and one questions were spilling out of her mouth. Sawyer didn’t have answers for any of her questions, and she didn’t think Harper wanted any either as she left no time for answers in between her words. An elbow connected with the door as Sawyer leaned her head against her fist. A few chuckles escaped her and she suddenly found the whole situation really fucking funny. What kinda luck did they have to have? Sawyer just wanted to have a good time messing around and they stumbled upon the den of a crazy guy. Fuck. Nothing just ever wanted to go right did it? Sawyer falls through a ceiling, a whale washes up on the goddamn beach, the police suck, Max wants to start the revolution, Katherine Fucking Navarro, and now there was a cat killing psycho on the loose. Welcome to fucking Parish Point. Sometimes Sawyer wondered if this place was just cursed to forever be stuck in a loop of disaster after disaster. But, Sawyer was going to focus on one problem at a time or she would drive herself crazy and right now that problem was a dude who was killing people’s cats.

Being back in her room brought some semblance of comfort to Sawyer and now that she had something to focus on other than Kat, she was feeling just swell. She was also feeling really fucking dirty. It felt like that god awful smell from that house had permeated into her clothing and settled there, she was glad she didn’t have her beanie on cause she didn’t think she’d ever be able to get that smell out. But she could just change her shirt and maybe feel a little better about herself. Sawyer didn’t bother going to the bathroom or anything, Harper had known her since they were young and she’d probably seen her change about a bazillion times now. So, she practically ripped the shirt over her head and tossed it into the hamper with a ‘Kobe’ to accompany it. She pulled open her closet to browse her selection of non death smelling t-shirts. Nothing really caught her eye so Sawyer decided she just didn’t want to wear a shirt anyway.

“Shut up. I don’t have time to clean, I’m a busy woman.” Sawyer practically flung herself onto her bed, staring up at the poster covered ceiling above her. She’d started putting up random posters in her room two or three years ago. None of them really had any significance to her, she just picked ones she thought looked cool and put them up so now most of her room was covered and looked like a bad art piece. Some of them were falling off and Sawyer reached out her foot to smooth out one that was falling off on the wall next to her bed. She then rerouted that foot and let it fall heavily onto Harper’s lap.

“So, what’s the plan? I kinda wanna fuck that guy up a little.” Sawyer thought out loud, “We should make Zach come with us, and Max too I guess since he follows you everywhere. And whoever else wants to come.” She lifted her arm up in the air and shook her fist in mock anger, “We’ll amass an army, Harper. He won’t know what hit him.”

Sawyer
"Shirts are overrated."
location? The Andrews' Residence
outfit? still that jacket, around her waist this time, minus the fucking beanie, now shirtless
any last words? Free the abs
coded by incandescent

Harper’s tires kicking up dust as they pulled away from the house surrounded them in a cloud of dirt that Sawyer could just barely see the guy that was chasing them through. He burst out of the house just as Harper was putting the car in gear but made no move to go further than that. Sawyer got a very brief look at him before the dust clouded her vision. He was tall, taller than Sawyer at least, his head almost touched the top of the door frame. He had a bandanna over the lower half of his face, but Sawyer could see the end of a scraggly black beard poking out of the bottom of it. He had similarly black hair that was long and pulled back in a ponytail that made Sawyer want to grimace at just how...dirty this guy looked. What she could see of his skin was red looking like the guy had been out in the sun too long and fried himself. They were too far away for Sawyer to be able to make out his eye color but they still looked terrifying. Before, when they hadn’t really seen him, Sawyer wasn’t too afraid but now she was more than a little scared of the guy. He was just kinda standing there and staring at them, he almost looked unreal. Sawyer was glad when they were back on the asphalt of the road and she couldn’t see him any more. What a freak.

Harper was very, very talkative when she was scared apparently. It was like her nerves had her riding high and a million and one questions were spilling out of her mouth. Sawyer didn’t have answers for any of her questions, and she didn’t think Harper wanted any either as she left no time for answers in between her words. An elbow connected with the door as Sawyer leaned her head against her fist. A few chuckles escaped her and she suddenly found the whole situation really fucking funny. What kinda luck did they have to have? Sawyer just wanted to have a good time messing around and they stumbled upon the den of a crazy guy. Fuck. Nothing just ever wanted to go right did it? Sawyer falls through a ceiling, a whale washes up on the goddamn beach, the police suck, Max wants to start the revolution, Katherine Fucking Navarro, and now there was a cat killing psycho on the loose. Welcome to fucking Parish Point. Sometimes Sawyer wondered if this place was just cursed to forever be stuck in a loop of disaster after disaster. But, Sawyer was going to focus on one problem at a time or she would drive herself crazy and right now that problem was a dude who was killing people’s cats.

Being back in her room brought some semblance of comfort to Sawyer and now that she had something to focus on other than Kat, she was feeling just swell. She was also feeling really fucking dirty. It felt like that god awful smell from that house had permeated into her clothing and settled there, she was glad she didn’t have her beanie on cause she didn’t think she’d ever be able to get that smell out. But she could just change her shirt and maybe feel a little better about herself. Sawyer didn’t bother going to the bathroom or anything, Harper had known her since they were young and she’d probably seen her change about a bazillion times now. So, she practically ripped the shirt over her head and tossed it into the hamper with a ‘Kobe’ to accompany it. She pulled open her closet to browse her selection of non death smelling t-shirts. Nothing really caught her eye so Sawyer decided she just didn’t want to wear a shirt anyway.

“Shut up. I don’t have time to clean, I’m a busy woman.” Sawyer practically flung herself onto her bed, staring up at the poster covered ceiling above her. She’d started putting up random posters in her room two or three years ago. None of them really had any significance to her, she just picked ones she thought looked cool and put them up so now most of her room was covered and looked like a bad art piece. Some of them were falling off and Sawyer reached out her foot to smooth out one that was falling off on the wall next to her bed. She then rerouted that foot and let it fall heavily onto Harper’s lap.

“So, what’s the plan? I kinda wanna fuck that guy up a little.” Sawyer thought out loud, “We should make Zach come with us, and Max too I guess since he follows you everywhere. And whoever else wants to come.” She lifted her arm up in the air and shook her fist in mock anger, “We’ll amass an army, Harper. He won’t know what hit him.”

Tatum Browne

In some moments it feels as though every problem can be lifted by a cloud of smoke, but not this time. Tatum could feel the weight of everything she had said coming down on her. She thought about her words to Isa, and sure she was mad at her for planning on leaving and not coming back in one piece, but she knew Isa would never abandon her, but the fear. The fear of abandonment never quite left no matter how much Tatum knew she wasn’t alone. Could it be from her father? Her mother? She wished she knew, and she wished she could make herself feel less like she was going to be left alone. In the smallest glimmer of hope a smile spread on her face as a name popped into her phone, she quickly responded. She couldn’t place why she smiled, and people would have asked if it were Zach, and deep down she wished it had been.

Zachary, why wouldn’t he talk with her? It wasn’t as if they couldn’t still get along, that had been proven until he went dark. Though the time between was short the fact he left her on read hurt more than she could have imagined. He was supposed to care, he was supposed to be a lot for her and lately, well lately he acted as if she was something for him to have fun with rather than care about. Maybe that’s all they were supposed to be and maybe Isa had a point, but she loved him, and she hoped he would love her back. They were messy, but he was her first love and well, it wasn’t something she could explain.

As she took another drag from her cigarette her eyes caught sight of the brunette that seemed to enjoy her company, and Tatum enjoyed her as well. Why did this quiet girl like her? They weren’t exactly the same kind of people and yet Tatum was really enjoying her presence. It was light, easy, and full of some puke. Hell, being drunk or being hungover together created a strange bond between people. She felt bad for the fact she was blowing her death smoke near her and ultimately positioned herself in such a way that the smoke wouldn’t be around her. The poor girl looked like death and Tatum didn’t need to add to it.

She could only imagine how Juliet felt after losing most of the contents of her stomach, her cheeks looked more than a little flushed, “Stu, is back in the kitchen, I said we’d catch up but I don’t really know if I was telling the truth. Oliver is alive and I’m pretty sure when can get the clothes to him later. It’s a nice gesture and I’m sure he’ll appreciate it.” Tatum would have never thought to donate any clothes to someone like Oliver, maybe because he never crossed her radar until last night, or maybe because as much as she didn’t want to admit it, she was selfish. It was a trait common to those that went to Hartfield. A hard trait to break but she could take a few lessons from Jules and try to care about others, who were less fortunate than her, she didn’t want them to be a charity case though. Would it come off as a charity case? Everything was confusing as a teenager and Tatum could barely figure out her math homework let alone how to be a good person.

The words “leave” perked up Tatum’s ears, all she wanted was to leave but she had to wait, even if for just a little, “I wouldn’t mind leaving, but I have a friend meeting me for a few minutes and then we can leave this place. I didn’t really want to be here anyways. Not feeling all that charitable today.” She shrugged as she put out her cigarette and logged herself out of Twitter to avoid anymore problems.
As soon as she closed her phone, she felt the tap on her shoulder and her face turned to smile, mostly because she saw a cup of coffee coming in her direction. The liquid of life as she knew it, “You brought me coffee!” her smile couldn’t quite reach her eyes, but her excitement was there. Colby was too good, and Tatum knew it, hell everyone knew he was a good guy, but he always made Tatum feel special. Like she had more meaning to her life besides what everyone at Parish thought of her or even what her parents thought of her. Colby was the friend that made her feel like she wasn’t just another piece in the puzzle of Parish, but she was an individual, without judgement.

Mention(s): lion. lion. Interaction(s): sunnieside sunnieside 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

In some moments it feels as though every problem can be lifted by a cloud of smoke, but not this time. Tatum could feel the weight of everything she had said coming down on her. She thought about her words to Isa, and sure she was mad at her for planning on leaving and not coming back in one piece, but she knew Isa would never abandon her, but the fear. The fear of abandonment never quite left no matter how much Tatum knew she wasn’t alone. Could it be from her father? Her mother? She wished she knew, and she wished she could make herself feel less like she was going to be left alone. In the smallest glimmer of hope a smile spread on her face as a name popped into her phone, she quickly responded. She couldn’t place why she smiled, and people would have asked if it were Zach, and deep down she wished it had been.

Zachary, why wouldn’t he talk with her? It wasn’t as if they couldn’t still get along, that had been proven until he went dark. Though the time between was short the fact he left her on read hurt more than she could have imagined. He was supposed to care, he was supposed to be a lot for her and lately, well lately he acted as if she was something for him to have fun with rather than care about. Maybe that’s all they were supposed to be and maybe Isa had a point, but she loved him, and she hoped he would love her back. They were messy, but he was her first love and well, it wasn’t something she could explain.

As she took another drag from her cigarette her eyes caught sight of the brunette that seemed to enjoy her company, and Tatum enjoyed her as well. Why did this quiet girl like her? They weren’t exactly the same kind of people and yet Tatum was really enjoying her presence. It was light, easy, and full of some puke. Hell, being drunk or being hungover together created a strange bond between people. She felt bad for the fact she was blowing her death smoke near her and ultimately positioned herself in such a way that the smoke wouldn’t be around her. The poor girl looked like death and Tatum didn’t need to add to it.

She could only imagine how Juliet felt after losing most of the contents of her stomach, her cheeks looked more than a little flushed, “Stu, is back in the kitchen, I said we’d catch up but I don’t really know if I was telling the truth. Oliver is alive and I’m pretty sure when can get the clothes to him later. It’s a nice gesture and I’m sure he’ll appreciate it.” Tatum would have never thought to donate any clothes to someone like Oliver, maybe because he never crossed her radar until last night, or maybe because as much as she didn’t want to admit it, she was selfish. It was a trait common to those that went to Hartfield. A hard trait to break but she could take a few lessons from Jules and try to care about others, who were less fortunate than her, she didn’t want them to be a charity case though. Would it come off as a charity case? Everything was confusing as a teenager and Tatum could barely figure out her math homework let alone how to be a good person.

The words “leave” perked up Tatum’s ears, all she wanted was to leave but she had to wait, even if for just a little, “I wouldn’t mind leaving, but I have a friend meeting me for a few minutes and then we can leave this place. I didn’t really want to be here anyways. Not feeling all that charitable today.” She shrugged as she put out her cigarette and logged herself out of Twitter to avoid anymore problems.
As soon as she closed her phone, she felt the tap on her shoulder and her face turned to smile, mostly because she saw a cup of coffee coming in her direction. The liquid of life as she knew it, “You brought me coffee!” her smile couldn’t quite reach her eyes, but her excitement was there. Colby was too good, and Tatum knew it, hell everyone knew he was a good guy, but he always made Tatum feel special. Like she had more meaning to her life besides what everyone at Parish thought of her or even what her parents thought of her. Colby was the friend that made her feel like she wasn’t just another piece in the puzzle of Parish, but she was an individual, without judgement.

Last edited:

• filler

Was it possible to wake with the feeling of drowning within yourself? From the moment Noemie opened her eyes to be met with the blinding light of a rising sun she realised the answer was yes. Her head still sloshed with alcohol as she shifted on the large bed, her tired limbs stretching in a starfish. Nomi wasn't yet sure why exactly she woke with a feeling of dread for the day ahead, afterall how badly could her day really be before it has even truly started?

She noticed the cozy bedroom was empty, and upon dragging her tired head to glance beside her she realised Isa had gone too. She laid there a moment longer as her body grew used to the slight morning chill and the absence of a warm body beside her own, Noemie almost wanted to laugh at how pathetic she felt. She didn't need to have someone sleep by her side, she didn't need another body sharing her bed, so why did she want it so badly after it had gone?

The sound of opening cupboards drifted through the open bedroom door, drawing Noemie's attention as she sat up fully and ran her hands over tired eyes and through sleep tousled hair. It wasn't too long before she figured the person sifting through the kitchen was Max, likely pacing in his anticipation for the protest ahead, the moment the thought entered her mind a soft groan left her scrunched face. She knew the moment she promised the younger boy she would accompany him she would eventually come to regret it, but alas Noemie wasn't one to ditch on friends or promises, despite the fact her own group of closeknit friends were at the soup kitchen today leaving her solitary at the protest. Though honestly as anyone would know, it wasn't all too difficult for Noemie to strike conversation with unknown faces, to create a social group out of anyone she met in order to escape impending loneliness. She herself thought it was rather impressive, if not terribly sad.

Once more incessant buzzing sounding from her neglected phone drew Noemie's hands over to her bedside table, pout already formed on her full lips at the screen filled with incoming notifications. It was almost like a large part of the girl knew not to check, not to throw herself into the twitter morning madness, but really when did her more rational side actually win? It didn't take too long for Noe to find out where Isa had disappeared to, the reason why following shortly after. The news that her best friend had decided to ditch with Liz as chosen company stilled her movements to get up from the warmth of her bed. She knew there was nothing going on between the two other than a newfound friendship, she also was aware she had no right to feel much of anything where Liz and a possible new girl was involved, but Noemie wasn't nearly as put together as she tried to seem. Her gut clenched with an uncomfortable feeling that almost instantly made her mad at herself, this was her ex and her best friend, she had no right to feel the way she did. Diving back into the rest of twitter proved a bad choice, scrolling through seemingly multiple comments circling around the drunken moment between herself and Maxine at the party, the annoyance was quick to bubble to the surface with a roll of her tired golden eyes. Noemie wasn't sure why so many people seemed to have their opinions about something that happened between two drunken teens, if she and Maxine weren't so bothered by it, then why were all the people around them?

Dragging herself up from bed finally, Noemie made her way into the connecting bathroom to wash up for the seemingly long day ahead. Her mood remained un-lifted as her eyes caught sight of the private message from Liz, heart beat stilling a fraction as she read over the words and responded in the most undisturbed way she could, despite the slight shaking of her fingers. Her gaze easily found the mentioned set of keys, still sitting on her bookshelf tied to a ribbon, free of any dust despite the length of time it lay there unused. It felt so final, the idea of meeting later to exchange some of the last items they each held onto. Obviously Noemie knew the breakup had pretty much signified an end to their relationship, but this felt more like a final goodbye to that part of their life, and she wasn't exactly sure why it made her chest ache so much.

The world felt a little too much today, drawing a sigh from Noemie before she finished getting ready and silenced her phone. Exiting the room to brew Max his promised tea, Noemie gave herself a moment to settle and weave a realistically 'im okay' looking mask over her, mildly still drunk, features. She lead the boy downstairs and through the large front doors, having decided it would be safer to walk their way to townhall rather than her drive the two. Giving Max the space to sort, what she believed to be, his ever raging thoughts, Noemie's own took her back to the large house nearly out of view. It was funny really, her mother in particular opted to treat her daughter as if she was a visiting ghost inhabiting the second floor, yet Nomi was sure the moment she returned home later today she would be confronted about the presence of a guy upstairs, as if it actually mattered. By now it shouldn't really be surprising to Noemie how much her parents decided to ignore, but there were always times she wished they, at the very least, paid attention to the people she spent her time with. Maybe one day they would come to accept the past girlfriends she'd brought home, and perhaps even a future wife if Noemie was so lucky.

It didn't take long for her phone to light up once more as she switched back to twitter, the walk so far had been enough to clear most of her muddled brain and uneasy emotions, giving her the bravery to dive back in. She was surprised to find the person whom she reached out to had been Zachary in the end, the two making quick plans to meet up later today for a late lunch and a moment for Noe to release all her built up stress. She almost wanted to laugh at the irony that of all the people she knew, Zachary was the one with the least judgement. Once more a flood of private messages from different familiar faces overwhelmed her in an instant, hands shaky as she typed comforting messages, reassurances and all the help she could give to struggling friends - the tiredness of the night prior and the seemingly continuing bad morning was beginning to catch up to her, the need to cry stinging behind her clear irises. Noemie could almost laugh as the person to reach out to her, to offer help, had been Liz. Despite feeling slightly condescending, the small smile on her face was genuine; she was truly thankful, once more, for the girl.

Voices growing closer finally drew Noemie from her phone, pocketing the silenced phone, her attention turned to the townhall as Max moved ahead of her to "take charge", at least she would guess that was what he was hoping to do. The nearby comment from a familiar face pulled a frown to her lips as Noemie's eyes turned to the dark haired kid, "Leave him be, he at least still showed up". She turned from Harley and continued forwards as Max signed a greeting to two young students standing by the stairs, Noemie offered a small touch of a smile as she tried to place their faces to a name, she was almost certain the adorable boy was the mascot she'd seen at games, and the young girl a regular entertainment on twitter. The brunette turned her focus back to Max as she watched him chain himself to the doors, she would be lying if she said she wasn't worried for him. Despite wanting to leave, Noemie stepped up closer to Max and seated herself beside him on the stairs, she had a responsibility to her friend afterall. "You'll be okay, Max. You're doing this for a reason", her fingers were nimble as she signed towards the chained boy, smile growing to seem more confident. Noemie was instantly glad for the ASL classes she'd chosen to take the moment she ran into Max, excited to put her lessons to use, and to give the quiet boy more chances to be heard.

noemie calvet

hartfield senior

max, harley, ivy & graham

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
MOOD: Miserable

basics
MENTIONS:

Charlotte @Luna_Marie
Graham Dazzle Dazzle
Ivy @me

INT:
Harley 0k_mang0 0k_mang0
Noémie LooneyLani LooneyLani

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
A very hungover Max is quickly losing control of his own haphazard demonstration.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

Give until it hurts

Much to Max's relief, another student strolled up to the front of the town hall. Some tall androgynous kid, nonchalantly adjusting a camera with purple-varnished fingertips. Bringing a camera-- what a great idea. He couldn't help but crack a slight smile seeing that someone had thought of that.

See? Some people have forethought, unlike you.

The camera-wielding teen walked up close, dark brown eyes briefly meeting Max's own sharp blue. A short pause of Max's thoughts scrambling in his head before he found himself staring blankly as they turned away and addressed a comment to Noémie instead. About him? He had to assume. Shit. He'd probably never know what just got said.

His joints ached and felt weak and shaky, his hands growing more cold and sweaty by the second. He imagined this is what malaria felt like-- okay, maybe that was an exaggeration. But in all seriousness, were all hangovers this bad? He wasn't even the drunkest one there. Sure, he made the stupid mistake of forgetting to eat for the entire day and then accidentally downed 2 drinks of alcohol, but still, this felt unfair. Well... maybe everyone else was feeling like death too. They were just better at hiding it, probably.

The minutes crept by at an unbearably slow pace. He was beginning to wonder if Mayor Flint had unexpectedly taken the day off. Another girl with multicolored hair had arrived, and the two younger kids who got there early were now running around on the cobblestone square talking to the passers-by. At first, Max was kind of happy to see this. The little group definitely needed some awareness from the public.
Then his phone vibrated in his other pocket. Attempting to dry the sweat from his hands on the back of his jeans, he pulled it from his pocket and scrolled through a mile-long stream of missed messages.
Harley, the kid with the camera, had decided to start chastising him for his ill-prepared state. Max shot them a side-eyed glare but tapped out a response anyway. No, he wasn't about to puke his kidneys out, as Harley had so rudely put it.
Max was fine.
Harley's next retort, though, sent an electric shock down his back. What!? Those kids were scamming people!? Why would Graham, the beloved little mascot of HA, ever be complicit in a scam? He just knew it was the tiny gremlin girl's plot.

Oy, vey--

Suddenly in a panic, Max quickly motioned for Noemie And the rest of his small group's attention. "Hey! Hey." He roughly indicated the boy and girl scurrying around the sidewalk doing some kind of dance routine for an old man in a suit. "s-c-a-m." He spelled the word first, knowing it probably wasn't one the girls knew. Then he signed it for them, quick sharp angry movements that ended hitting his palm so sharply it looked like it hurt. "They're scamming!!"

His hands said "What are they thinking!?"
His eyes said Help Me.

His stomach didn't appreciate how flustered he was getting, and a sudden burning up his esophagus forced him to freeze up still, fingers pressed over his mouth as he hurriedly turned his head away. He went chalky white, eyes suddenly freezing wide open.

No. No. Fuck no, Hold it down! Hold it, holditholditholdit--

Max coughed, making a face, but managed to pull it together without getting sick on himself. Great. At least he succeeded at one thing today. He wasn't about to prove Harley right.

He had this. He was still in charge here. His idea and all that, and it was going fine and if people weren't going to take it seriously they could just... uh... take a hike or something.

When have you ever been in control of anything? Idiot.

Max was really starting to hate his own internal monologue.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Riding the highs of crime

basics
MENTIONS:
Evie
Isa
Noémie
Charlotte
Harley
Max

INT:
Graham Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR Seeing people have started to catch on to the illegal dancing heist, Ivy suggests that she and Graham retreat for a bit to avoid the wrath of Max and company.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
You say that I'm kinda difficult, but it's always someone else's fault

This was better than Ivy could have ever hoped.
Over the next ten minutes, she and Graham had danced, cheered, sang and lied their way into $65 apiece. That's $130 beautiful units of currency extorted from the public. Now, in addition to the compensation she was getting from Veeves for her vape pen, she had enough to go out and get a new pair of roller skates. Or maybe a cool hat. Or whatever weird drugs that girl Isa was selling these days. The possibilities were endless.

By the time she and Graham rushed up to their 11th victim, the exhilaration of crime was more than making up for her dwindling alcohol buzz from last night. She spared a glance back up at the steps, where Mike Bachelor was still stuck and his pathetic squad of the two girls and Harley the cameraperson were strewn about nearby.
Mark Basketcase was pointing, furiously sign-yelling at his group before he stopped and appeared to gag a little. Hilarious.
Ivy was not at all afraid of Mack, but those girls... eh, they weren't chained to a door. They could come bust the operation.

Besides, Graham had been dancing nonstop for almost 12 minutes now. He was like, a mascot or something, so he probably had an inhuman amount of energy... but damn, he had to be tired.

She nudged his shoulder, a little more roughly than others might have nudged a friend. "Hey Fred Astaire, you need a break?" She offered, once their mark had been bled of a crisp $20 bill for the made-up whale protest musical. "We've got 2 thirds of a Benjamin for each of us. We could go shopping for a bit, get some coffee or something, then come back for more." She shrugged, once again spinning her sign in her hands. "Up to you, Broadway Boy." She sort of hoped he'd say yes. Those girls and Harley looked pissed.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Reminiscing

basics
MENTIONS:
INT:
NA

[/COMMENT]
tags
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

Harper just smirked as Sawyer came back at her for her comment about her messy room. The bed bounced under Harper as Sawyer flung herself onto the bed. Harper leaned backwards against the wall behind her as Sawyer threw her legs onto Harpers.

Harper knew exactly what Sawyer meant when she said that she wanted to fuck that guy up. She just wasn’t sure how possible their plan was. They were just high schoolers after all, and that guy was obviously mentally deranged. He could have been rabid for all they knew. She rolled her eyes as Sawyer mentioned Zach coming. “Max is a good friend.” She trailed off; she didn’t understand why everyone treated them like they were more than friends. “We’re just friends.”

“Max might not think this.” Harper stopped for a moment. “Don’t tell him I said it either.”

“I don’t think it’s a great idea he comes.” She dropped her head shaking it. “But I don’t think there is any stopping him.” Harper worried for Max, he jumped into too much too quick. Incredibly head strong, and wanting to make a change in the world. She appreciated that so much, but it was a lot.

Mr. Andrews knocked on Sawyers door, causing both girls to jump ever so slightly. He kindly asked Harper to leave, promising that she would see Sawyer at school tomorrow, but Sawyer needed her “rest” and was technically on house arrest.

-----​

Harper came home after a long day that was full of more adventures than she had expected. She was emotionally and physically drained having worked at the soup kitchen and then getting chased out of the Hawking house by some cat killing psycho. Wandering through the kitchen and into the living room her attention was drawn right to the TV that her dad had left on the night before.

She had almost forgotten that he had come out of his office to watch something, completely out of character for someone who never emerged unless there was a game on.

Harper threw her bag on the ground and made her way over to the TV, she plopped herself down onto her knees in front of the television. Every movement she made felt like she was in slow motion. She didn’t know what she was doing, she didn’t know why she wanted to know so bad. But her interest was peaked.

As she stared at the TV she noticed that the VHS player had a tape sticking out. Harper reached forward and gingerly pressed it back into the player. She sat backwards on to her heals as the tape whirred, rewinding, she could feel a pit in her stomach not sure what she would see.

As the player went quiet and began to play the video, Harper raised her hand to cover her mouth. She could feel tears fighting to spill out. The music began to play, that she remembered as her parents wedding song.

“And now ladies and gentlemen we would like to bring out our newlyweds, Mr. & Mrs. Anderson, to dance their first dance as husband and wife. Let's give them a hand.” A round of applause emerged, causing static on the tape, but Harper barely noticed.

Even as tears streamed her face, she was smiling. She hadn’t watched this video since before her mother’s passing. Angela loved to pull out her wedding videos yearly on her and Luka’s anniversary. Harper, Hayden, and their parents always would treat it like a movie night. This was how Angela liked to spend the holidays, since Luka was almost never home due to his busy work schedule. Her only focus up to the day she died was spending time with her kids and husband together as a family. Maybe that was why Luka had taken her death so hard.

The smile on Luka’s face brought Harper to another world, her parents were so happy. ‘Why did bad things happen to good people.’ The loss of Angela was catastrophic to the Anderson family. Luka and Angela’s relationship, and growing up in a happy home is what made Harper still believe in true love. But, she no longer believed in forever happiness. Her father’s drop in ability to cope after loosing Angela showed that, nothing was ever promised in life. And sometimes, we never got what we truly deserved. It doesn’t matter how good you are.

The way her parents flowed together, they looked like each other’s soul mate, their other half. Of course, Harper knew that they had probably spent hours and hours practicing and in lessons to look as good as they did at their wedding, but it just looked so natural to them.

Harper remembered that whenever they would re-watch their wedding tape, Luka would take Angela’s hand and start dancing around the living room with her. They were not as fluid as they were on the TV, but they still moved together like they always had, like they could predict each other’s movements before the other even knew.

Eventually they would separate, and Luka would take Harper by the hand and Angela would take Hayden. Spinning the two around the room, Hayden and Harper would stand on their parents’ feet when they were younger, as they got older it became more like dancing and less like their parents spinning them around the room. Hayden would even get fancy, spinning his mother into a dip. He had always been rather a showoff.

Harper wiped the tears from her eyes as she rocked back onto her feet. She thinned her lips, pressing them together. She refused to make a sound, choking back any more tears that threatened to sneak back out. She lifted her bag back off the ground, swinging it back onto her shoulder before she turned on her heal. Looking back over once more at the TV that now just showed a dark screen. It was over just as quick as it had started, her trip down memory lane brought back more than just how they would celebrate their parent’s anniversary, it brought back how happy they had been together as a family. She wished that nothing had changed but she had no control over that.

Harper went up to her room, tossing her bag on her bed, her body followed soon after. She flopped right onto her back. She would have liked to stay at Sawyers longer, but Mr. Anderson didn’t want Sawyer to have too much fun. Of course, he had no idea the kind of trouble that they had been in only a few minutes before they got back.

Harper did not want to sit up again; but she had a few homework assignments that she needed to get done before she went back to school tomorrow. So slowly she sat up again and opened her bag, getting to work.
code by valen t.

MOOD: scared?

basics
MENTIONS:
0k_mang0 0k_mang0 (harley)

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Ivy)
tags
TL;DRscared of knife boy
tl;dr
Graham Moore
can I go home now?

Graham was still pretty much unaware of what had happened. He breathed heavily “Yea I could take a break.” Rolling up the sleeves of his sweatshirt past his elbows. He was warming up rather easily having danced across the front of the town building.

“I thought this was money for the whales?” He said quietly. Graham was completely confused by what Ivy was trying to accomplish. Graham didn’t want to seem like a complete looser, he quickly dripped the idea about the money for the whales. Deciding his half would go to a whale protection agency while he spent his own money while hanging out with Ivy.

“I.. Well I guess we could go do something else.” Graham shrugged, he wasn’t too sure what was good around the town of Parish, but it was obvious that Ivy knew more about the town than he did. “Where ever you suggest…. Iv?” Graham was trying to think of a nickname for her, like she had been calling him, but he was SOL in that department.

The eyes watching him and Ivy started to stress him out ever so slightly, he could feel the judgment coming from the one in front. They had been watching the two of them rather intently. It looked like they thought they were some sort of scammers. They may not have been completely wrong it seemed thought. Ivy seemed to be taking money and claiming it was for the whales when really she wanted to pocket it. Of course, Graham would keep the word for Ivy, his half would go to the whales. “I could go for a hot chocolate…”
code by valen t.

tumblr_ppydyjc72F1tjl4xyo1_640.gif

Having received no official instruction Lulu went about making more tea in the event that her thermos ran out. She couldn't seem to find a kettle, or at least not without getting in other people's way so she would have to make do with boiling water in a pot. As she waited for the water to come to temp she rocked back and forth on her heels, mind trailing off to her ballet classes. Ballet was one of the few things her mother forced on her that she actually enjoyed. Dancing as a whole just filled Tallulah Woods with great joy. It was one of the most freeing of art forms in her opinion and she would dance any chance she could get.

While there wasn't exactly room for Lulu to actually dance in this kitchen, her imagination was active enough that she could picture various choreography in her mind and imagine what it would feel like on her muscles. Coupled with the rocking on her heels she probably could have gone on like that for hours, completely oblivious to the world around her.

A tap on the shoulder startled Lulu from her own little world and forcefully dragged her back to reality. She was greeted back to Earth by a blonde girl her height with the slightest of Southern accents. A small shy smile set upon Lulu's face as she introduced herself. "My name is Tallulah, but everyone calls me Lulu. You didn't startle me, I was just off in another plane of existence..." her voice still carried the hint of distance as she was still trying to refocus on reality. "Lemon is a pretty name." she added matter-of-factly. Her eyes drifted around the kitchen in search of a solution to the blonde's rag issue. "Presumably you require a clean rag and...I'm not really sure there are any of those in here. Though to be honest I haven't been paying close attention." her right hand scratched awkwardly at her arm as she referenced the daze she was in moments before.

Lulu's mother often scolded her for having her head in the clouds so often. Being present and perceptive was the way to get ahead in life. People often let things slip that could be used against them as Mrs. Woods was fond of saying. Any advantage should be utilized, but Lulu didn't want any part of that kind of life. It all seemed so underhanded. Granted she didn't want the other life Amalia was trying to push her towards either. Lulu just wasn't suited to being a housewife type. Sure she would love to find love some day, but being nothing more than arm candy; a piece of art , didn't sit right with her.

Lemon asking if the Woods girl needed any help perfectly coincided with the water she was boiling reaching temp. A bright smile spread on Lulu's face and she lightly clapped her hands. Turning back to the blonde beside her she shook her head, brunette locks bouncing lightly. "I wasn't really given any instructions so I made water for tea. Would you like some? It's peppermint." The young girl had recently been reading about tasseography from her father's study. It was the perfect combination of her interests in warm drinks and mysticism. She briefly wondered if they were any white mugs that could be used so she could give a reading a try.

The edge of Lulu's lip found it's way between her teeth as she went about searching for any kind of cup that wasn't a plastic solo cup. She worried the heat of the water would either melt it or bleed out unwanted flavors or chemicals from it. The point of her bringing tea in the first place was the exact opposite of accidentally poisoning someone! "White ceramic mugs would be best but we could use paper probably..." she spoke loud enough that Lemon could have heard her but she was mostly talking to herself. Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Piyeone wouldn't deny that the lipstick seemed a bit cheap, but it would have to do for now. She still hadn't been able to go to town hall and update her address along with some other paperwork yet, as having her flight delayed thrown the schedule she made out the window. So until she could do that later today, ordering anything online would be too much of a hassle. Otherwise is was nice to get out and shop in person, an opportunity most would take for granted but there was relatively few times she'd get the chance while at Blackwood.

Putting the matte black lipstick into her small shopping basket Piyeone continued to search and pick out a few more make up items before heading over to other wears. It was almost October, which she already had more than enough clothing options for, though a new hoodie would be nice after what happened to her last one. "Ugh." she groaned quietly to herself just thinking about it as she continued to shift through the racks of clothing.

It was odd to be back 'home' despite not having lived in Parish Point for anything other short visits since she was at least six years old. Everything was rather alien, but Piyeone was ready to embrace the change of pace. With any luck it would be a lot less stressful, as now all she had to do was just finish her last year of High School which in theory should be easy as fuck, especially having most of her required credits already. The few she were required to take shouldn't be much trouble compared to classes at Blackwood. If anything this just gave the pink haired princess an excuse to leave the house and meet people her age. At the Academy most of the girls were either older or much younger than her, and only a handful were in the Korean Heritage Program.

Piyeone paused for a second to take a deep breath, she still certainly missed her house sisters and the many friends she had made over the years, a lot more than she was willing to show, wanting to 'stay strong' for the little ones Piyeone held her emotions with a vice grip until she got on the plane. The last few moments of hugs and waves stuck on repeat, even now. When the flight took off, tears weren't too far behind.

No.

Another long inhale

Not now.

Followed by a slow exhale

Moving those thoughts aside, she was satisfied with her collection of items and ready to get some fresh air, however, Piyeone decided to check the make up selection just one last time only to find there was another girl there. They seemed rather small framed, almost fragile, with a dolls complexion. Their hair was a striking turquoise contrast, something that intrigued Piyeone, reminding her of the many faces encountered at the clubs she snuck out and into. Though was caught her eye most was seeing the girl take the lipstick she was holding and moving to stash it away for what was obviously a practiced shoplifting attempt.

Pitiful.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Piyeone's thick heeled boots hit the floor with intention as she confidently b-lined directly for the would be thief and quickly gripped their wrist. Sharp eyes glared down at the smaller blue haired girl, an invisible pressure creeping over the space as she plucked the item from those tiny fingers with her own and carefully placed it inside her own shopping basket before slowly loosening the hold on the girl. Letting go only to take a bold step forward, bringing Piyeone squarely above her. Wordlessly taking control of the situation with relative ease."You're much to cute for juvie." the words dripped from Piyeone's red lips with a hint of poison.

Judging by the patchwork clothes and smell of alcohol, possibly from someone the girl lived with, Piyeone could guess they actually were short on cash, not just a rich girl looking to get away with something easily affordable which was more common than not. Letting out a heavy sigh, the weight of the air seemed to clear before being replaced by a different, warmer presence as Piyeone placed her hand atop the that bright blue head of hair and gave a soft pat before turning three-hundred-and-sixty degrees with a snap of her heel. Heading off to purchase the goods she currently carried.

@Qwertycakes

I'm home
...Right?

Penny~

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

As soon as Harper was out the door, her father was sitting down at the foot of her bed and twiddling with the straps on Sawyer’s boot shaking his head. Sawyer groaned and kicked him in the shoulder with her good foot, knowing exactly what was going on in that fatherly little head of his and wanting so badly to avoid it. Oliver mocked being in pain and fell backwards, holding his shoulder with a shout of pain.

“You can’t do that to me. I'm an old guy and I’ve got old bones. You coulda broken me.” Her dad kept rubbing her shoulder as he sat back up and flicked her knew, “Where’s your shirt?” His eyes widened and he looked back at the door and then back at Sawyer and then back at the door. “Do I wanna know?” Oliver pointed back and forth between the door and Sawyer. She made a face and threw an arm over her eyes in embarrassment.

“Ew! No, Harper’s like the most straight girl on the planet.” Sawyer shook her head in disgust, “Ew, ew, ew. Get out.” She pointed aggressively at the door but Oliver just laughed and laid back down on the bed with a deep sigh.

“Have I ever told you how glad I am that you’re gay?” Oliver laughed again at Sawyer’s groan, “Because I am so very glad I don’t have to worry about the horrors of…” He poked Sawyer in the side and she jumped up off the bed to get away from him, “TEEN PREGNANCY!” They both broke down in a fit of laughter as Sawyer plopped down on a bean bag in the corner of her room. Her father took a little longer to recover from his fit of giggles than Sawyer did so she was kinda just watching him writhe around until he was done. When he finally sat up, Oliver tried his best to put on a serious face before he spoke again.

“Okay, so about this whole house arrest thing. I just want you to know that I’m only doing this because you need to learn how to be more responsible with….well yourself. You’ve gotten hurt so many times running off and stomping around in places you really shouldn’t be, I’m afraid you’re going to hurt yourself a lot worse one day.” Oliver finally breathed out, having talked so fast that he didn’t even breath that entire monologue. Sawyer frowned and cast her gaze down at her lap, suddenly feeling very bad about everything she’d ever done ever.

“I’m sorry, dad. But, in my defense, I’ve only gotten hurt like four times out of the like thirty I’ve been in those old places. I promise you, I’m gonna be fine.” Sawyer stood up and crossed the room to ruffle her father’s hair like he was a concerned child and not her dad. Oliver just chuckled and shook his head for the upteenth time.

“You just have to be more careful, and try not to go so often? Please?” Oliver reached up and grabbed Sawyer’s hand off his head, his eyes pleading with her.

“Okay! Okay, loser. I’ll be more careful or whatever you want, father of mine.” Sawyer smiled and planted a small peck on her father’s forehead, “I promise.” She offered him a mischievous grin, “Now can you take me off house arrest and let Harper come back? Pleassseeeeeee.” Oliver clicked his tongue and let out a deep sigh.

“Fine, fine, okay she can come back.” Oliver stood up from the bed and walked toward the door, pausing just before exiting it and turning around again, wagging his finger at her, “And you’re not off of house arrest...until tomorrow.” Sawyer just laughed and acknowledged his very strict boundaries with a salute.

“Sir, yes sir.” And as soon as her father was gone, Sawyer launched herself back onto her bed and grabbed her phone, texting Harper an almost nonsensical typo filled message.

“Come bck to hse. Dad said u cld cm.” She didn’t bother correcting her mistake and just threw her phone away from her and closed her eyes to wait for Harper.

Sawyer
"Daddio, oh Daddio."
location? The Andrews' Residence
outfit? still that jacket, around her waist this time, minus the fucking beanie, now shirtless
any last words? Free the abs
coded by incandescent

As soon as Harper was out the door, her father was sitting down at the foot of her bed and twiddling with the straps on Sawyer’s boot shaking his head. Sawyer groaned and kicked him in the shoulder with her good foot, knowing exactly what was going on in that fatherly little head of his and wanting so badly to avoid it. Oliver mocked being in pain and fell backwards, holding his shoulder with a shout of pain.

“You can’t do that to me. I'm an old guy and I’ve got old bones. You coulda broken me.” Her dad kept rubbing her shoulder as he sat back up and flicked her knew, “Where’s your shirt?” His eyes widened and he looked back at the door and then back at Sawyer and then back at the door. “Do I wanna know?” Oliver pointed back and forth between the door and Sawyer. She made a face and threw an arm over her eyes in embarrassment.

“Ew! No, Harper’s like the most straight girl on the planet.” Sawyer shook her head in disgust, “Ew, ew, ew. Get out.” She pointed aggressively at the door but Oliver just laughed and laid back down on the bed with a deep sigh.

“Have I ever told you how glad I am that you’re gay?” Oliver laughed again at Sawyer’s groan, “Because I am so very glad I don’t have to worry about the horrors of…” He poked Sawyer in the side and she jumped up off the bed to get away from him, “TEEN PREGNANCY!” They both broke down in a fit of laughter as Sawyer plopped down on a bean bag in the corner of her room. Her father took a little longer to recover from his fit of giggles than Sawyer did so she was kinda just watching him writhe around until he was done. When he finally sat up, Oliver tried his best to put on a serious face before he spoke again.

“Okay, so about this whole house arrest thing. I just want you to know that I’m only doing this because you need to learn how to be more responsible with….well yourself. You’ve gotten hurt so many times running off and stomping around in places you really shouldn’t be, I’m afraid you’re going to hurt yourself a lot worse one day.” Oliver finally breathed out, having talked so fast that he didn’t even breath that entire monologue. Sawyer frowned and cast her gaze down at her lap, suddenly feeling very bad about everything she’d ever done ever.

“I’m sorry, dad. But, in my defense, I’ve only gotten hurt like four times out of the like thirty I’ve been in those old places. I promise you, I’m gonna be fine.” Sawyer stood up and crossed the room to ruffle her father’s hair like he was a concerned child and not her dad. Oliver just chuckled and shook his head for the upteenth time.

“You just have to be more careful, and try not to go so often? Please?” Oliver reached up and grabbed Sawyer’s hand off his head, his eyes pleading with her.

“Okay! Okay, loser. I’ll be more careful or whatever you want, father of mine.” Sawyer smiled and planted a small peck on her father’s forehead, “I promise.” She offered him a mischievous grin, “Now can you take me off house arrest and let Harper come back? Pleassseeeeeee.” Oliver clicked his tongue and let out a deep sigh.

“Fine, fine, okay she can come back.” Oliver stood up from the bed and walked toward the door, pausing just before exiting it and turning around again, wagging his finger at her, “And you’re not off of house arrest...until tomorrow.” Sawyer just laughed and acknowledged his very strict boundaries with a salute.

“Sir, yes sir.” And as soon as her father was gone, Sawyer launched herself back onto her bed and grabbed her phone, texting Harper an almost nonsensical typo filled message.

“Come bck to hse. Dad said u cld cm.” She didn’t bother correcting her mistake and just threw her phone away from her and closed her eyes to wait for Harper.

Madi Lexington-Montgomery
Madi Gif 13.gif

Madi, being the naive little being that she was when it came to relationships and stuff in that ball park, had no idea what Hayden was saying about the senior boys and her. The poor oblivious girl bless her cottons. "I'm sure they're fine with the rules honestly," she answered back politely. "Also, it wasn't just the beach. They had me out at the old quarry with them all day too... Their choice not mine..." And at that point her voice trailed off as Hayden mentioned Oliver.

"Wait what?! Why was Oliver half dead?! Is he okay now?!" The panic in Madeleine's voice was clear as she waited for an explanation from Hayden.

Inhale.

Exhale.

A deep breath moved through Madi as her friend lowered himself and his head to the sink for her. "Um... yeah this should help," she answered him quietly. Unlike Hayden, her mind was not over the slight awkward. "And maybe we should get you some coffee when we're done in here?" Her hands softly started washing the soup of of his hair while she suggested, trying her best to be as gentle as possible.

"Classes are going well," came her answer, grateful for the end of the small pause of silence. "Just like last year I'm taking advanced classes with the year above but that's no surprise to anyone I'm sure. " A small bubble of nervous laughter escaped her lips as she talked. What she said felt a little bit like bragging and that wasn't good, she was supposed to be humble. No man wanted a wife who bragged after all, not with the circles her family ran in. "Cheer is a bit different this year since we lost our captain to your school but I'm still flying which I love so it's all good."

"Oh gosh... no. Who would want to try and win my hand?" Madeleine queried, "I'm nothing special."

Interactions: Dazzle Dazzle (Hayden)
Mentions: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Oliver)​

MOOD: Trapped, threatened and incredibly nauseous.

basics
MENTIONS:

Charlotte @Luna_Marie
Graham Dazzle Dazzle
Harley 0k_mang0 0k_mang0
Noémie LooneyLani LooneyLani
Ivy @me

INT:
Lewis TexasKingPin TexasKingPin

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR
Cops are here. Brought an angry dog. Max is stuck. Help.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

Give until it hurts

More minutes slid by, leaving Max imagining sand snaking through an hourglass. His legs hurt. His arm was losing circulation and had long since fallen asleep. His head throbbed and felt as though it were folding in on itself, and... yeah, it probably was best if he didn't think about his stomach at all.

Once again his phone went off. Then again, and again, and again... buzzing against his leg every 3 seconds. What the fuck!? Max, sure it was just Kat pushing his buttons again, signed into Twitter ready to tell her to shut up for the 73rd time.

It wasn't Kat.

He'd been tagged in a picture of two grizzled hands, sharpening a small but cruel-looking blade. From an unknown account: @Cats. Max bit his lip, feeling his stomach lurch again. This wasn't real, was it? Just Zach pulling his leg, right? Please, please let it be Zach--

The next few posts up on the guy's feed gave way to a chilling tale: photographs of his friends' houses, of his own house. A picture of the whale rescue. Pictures taken from Noémie's Instagram. And most telling of all: a blurry photograph of Harper and Sawyer fleeing the Hawking house, evidently from someone inside.
Hello, Mr. Cat Killer.

Max immediately went cold and frantic, the nausea and body aches numbing under an icy wave of panic. "Noémie!!" One quick motion signed his friend's name, over and over and over, but she wasn't paying attention. She had her own phone out, reading through the same messages.
They had to leave. Right now. Find Harper and Isa and the others.

Isa, meanwhile, kept up in his private messages, her despair and self defeat gnawing a hole in his already paralyzed heart. She wasn't allowed to see him anymore-- apparently his father had caught wind if the threat against his son and taken suspicion on his rebellious friend. Anger, fear, guilt, sadness, confusion wracked him to his very core and forced his brain to its default conclusion: Do something. Anything.

His hand flashed to the combination lock that secured him to the door handles, spinning the wheels to the correct digits as if he had less than a second, to spare... until he got to the third one.
It wouldn't budge.
Max pried at it with his nails, trying to work it free, but it held fast, only making his fingers sore from struggling against it.

How the fuck did you get stuck!??!
Idiot!!
Useless!

Max shut his eyes, feeling the air in his lungs burn and fade away, his still aching head pounding and biting at his brain. No, no, no no no....

Your friends are going to die because of you.

Max's mind, cold and unforgiving as it always was, suddenly took a vicious turn on him.

This is all your fault.

He had no time, no space, to be rational. Not now.

He still had his eyes squeezed shut, breathing raggedly through his gritted teeth, when the policeman and his dog approached. Max had no way of knowing they were there until their shadows loomed over him, blocking out the dim sunlight that he could see through his closed eyelids.

Wide, petrified blue eyes blinked open, scared and childlike for just a moment, then hardened.

Max tensed and straightened up, teeth still clenched and expression stern and defiant.

The officer spoke, and Max glared back without asking for a friend to interpret or indicating he couldn't hear his words. He didn't want to know. Whatever this guy was asking, the answer was no and if he wanted to fight about it then fine.

In this moment, that made perfect sense. The only conclusion he had left.

The dog, though, was a different matter. The sleek-coated canine stared him dead in the eyes, ears flat... Max wasn't too savvy on dog body language, but that couldn't be a good sign.

His stomach tied itself in a knot.
He doubled over and gagged, held up by his arm stuck to the stupid wooden doors.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_o4ez1vhffv1slba3h_500.gif
HELLO
my name is
Colby
“You brought me coffee!”

“And you’re welcome.” Colby lightly tapped his Styrofoam cup of milk tea on Tatum’s drink, a lighthearted celebratory toast. “Technically, that’s not ‘free’ coffee since I had to pay full price for it. So, you owe me about 15 dollars now—that’s including the dork squad’s bill for their dine-and-dash, which you also promised to pay for.”

What? He never claimed to be entirely generous.

“I just wanna say sorry for not being able to be there when Ryan showed up. I heard what happened.” He could explain why he had to bail, how he’d gotten too drunk to stick around at the party after losing that stupid beer pong game from Zach. But that would mean blaming her boyfriend for a dumb mistake that Colby made himself, and Colby did not want to hear Tatum lecture him in person about how her jerk boyfriend is just “misunderstood” and “not so bad”.

“I’m glad you didn’t get hurt, so, uh... that’s one good thing to consider.” Trying to be serious made him feel awkward. Colby probably could’ve said I would’ve TOTALLY beaten that clown Ryan to a pulp if I’d been there! or something cocky like that, and he did consider doing that... But Tatum could’ve gotten really hurt, and there was nothing from that for him to joke about.

Colby glanced at the other girl who sat on the other side of Tatum. He hadn’t expected Tatum to hang with another person by the time he’d got there. “Well, I better get going. I have a delivery van I need to return soon,” he said, giving Tatum a farewell shoulder pat and standing up. “Hey, if you’re not too busy later or tomorrow, wanna hang out and help me dye my hair? It’s for a bet I lost.”

Last edited:
HelpfulFrightenedAfricanparadiseflycatcher-max-1mb.gif
HELLO
my name is
Harley
“Or you could not be an accomplice for a con-artist.” Harley approached Graham from the side. They kept a somewhat cautious distance from Ivy in case she might try to do something unpredictable. They didn’t want to get infected with whatever Ivy might have. “Seriously, Graham, do you not realize this little gremlin is scamming people? There’s absolutely no animal charity or whatever involved in this protest. You just had your baby face attacked by a crab last night. Do you really want to get arrested for possible fraud or embezzlement?”

They pointed at the police officer, Lewis Wells, arriving at town hall with a police dog by his side. They also noticed Max trying to attempt some stupid defiance act that obviously wouldn’t remotely help this protest.

God, this was the worst protest they’ve ever been to.

“I’m just trying to look out for you for Kekoa, Graham,” said Harley, their arms crossed over their chest like a disappointed parent. “If you actually do get arrested, you know she won’t let you hear the end of it. Also, think of what Meera would think when she finds out you’re a part of this scam.”

Harley and Kekoa are actually rooting for Greera to happen. Well, Harley thought Graham to be a dork with little to no chance, but still, it was a cute ‘ship. If Graham didn’t walk away from this lame protest with Harley soon, he might ruin his chances with Meera, and Harley was secretly concerned about that. Also, they were trying to save him from possibly having his ear pulled by Kekoa later.

MOOD: ... less stressed.

OUTFIT: an outfit that’s bound to get stained, but that’s okay. She got it from goodwill.

basics
MENTIONS: Claire, Max, Martin

INT: Isa

r e i r e i Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Dede Dede
tags
TL;DR Cute things.
tl;dr
Josephine
Some day, I’ll be’ livin in a big ol’ city.

So... she was a little glad that the kitchen called her attention. Josie wasn't exactly sure of what to say about Isa's past. Some people didn't like to hear 'I'm sorry,' because it wasn't particularly their fault something happened in the past if they weren't involved. Whether or not Isa was adopted into a loving family. Josie knew a lot of foster homes didn't really feel like a home, and just thinking about the experiences she'd probably went through didn't sit right with her.

Isa deserved better. She deserved a lot better than silence too, and that's what Josie had given her. How terrible was that? Guilt started to set in as she watched Isa, feeling the heat from the stove behind her, putting her arms behind her and holding the rail to the oven.

"It's....uh just for you."

It was weird.

Not her words, just the way she said them. Sure, it could've just been Isa being nice, polite in the way that she always tries to be with her.

In case you didn't notice, Isa didn't usually stick to polite with people.

There was a certain truth to her words-- and with that truth came feelings. Feelings Josephine couldn't place.

It was more than just belief, it was a sense of comfort.

There was a lot of people Josie weren't comfortable with. Certain customers, certain people like... Claire, or Max. While he seemed nice and they worked out whatever tension that seemed to be there. It wasn't as if it was suddenly going to disappear because of the way he'd seen her-- and probably still sees her. But in this case, Max couldn't compare because this situation didn't involve religion.

At least, she didn't think it didn't.

Josie hadn't known Isa for a long time, and yet it'd felt like she'd be able to spill all the secrets that she most likely doesn't have, and... in a way, they'd be safe with her.

She'd be safe.

The silence fell between them again, but this time Josie didn't break eye contact from Isa's ultimately piercing gaze and she couldn't help but form a smile.

And it wasn't one she gave to people to be polite. That same small plastered smile she'd used when she was dealing with the upmost frustrating of customers. Or the one she'd used when helping Pastor Martin create a power-point-- but that frustration was simply because the computer here was probably older than she was... and y'know, old people and technology just didn't click.

It was a genuine smile. It was hard not to get real with Josie, she was a very emotional person and somehow, someway, the blonde managed to form a real connection with the person she was talking to.

But this?

This was just... different.

Josephine just couldn't figure out why.

The girl cleared her throat softly, the smile still playing on the edges of her lips as she looked down at her shoes.

"So, ... you just gonna stand there gawkin' at me or are we gonna get to work?"
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Laughing

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

TexasKingPin TexasKingPin
tags
TL;DR Listening to the princess and the frog story
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

Astraea quietly listened to Chester’s story. Astraea nodded knowing the area he was talking about. It was not hard to know where everyone lived in town when it was so small in the first place. Astraea chuckled as he mentioned that winter would make him miss home. “Yea…” She smirked, her eyes trailed off looking over at the changing leaves and the grey skies. “But with the cold comes a whole different kind of beauty…” She shrugged her shoulders up to her ears, they felt like they were ice cold.

As Chester moved to stand beside her, she jumped ever so slightly, being brought out of her own consciousness. She did not know at first what he was doing, however she quickly realized that he was moving to watch his daughter. That made sense, she was not exactly sure where her brain went to be nervous for that moment in time. `

Astraea’s eyes went wide turning her head to face Chester as he said he was twenty-seven. She was in complete shock, she would have guessed that he was twenty-one at the oldest but, never in his late twenties. He let go of his act as quick as he had started, Astraea’s face softened as he began to laugh.

She dropped her chin to her chest, shaking her head she closed her eyes slightly. “No offense, but that makes a lot more sense.” She tipped her head back to meet Chester’s blue eyes with her own. “Things happen, someone has a plan for us.”

She pressed her lips together, trying the hide the smile that played at her lips. “I just mean everything happens for a reason.” She nodded, slowly pursing her lips forward. Knowing that many people had not grown up with the Greek Gods and Goddesses looking out for them. “And Ariah there, she seems like a good part of the statistic.”

“Oh! a band.” She chuckled, “So you’re one of those teens.” She tucked her hands into the pockets of her jackets. “The bad boy that every girl wants.” She rolled her eyes swaying from side to side.

Astraea smirked, “Well we all have our faults.” Ariah was fun, she was so innocent to the world around her and believed in all the fairytales and that thing called true love. As she should. Astraea thought about how she had grown up, in the world of mythology. And yet now, she was struggling to believe anything she had been taught growing up. “It’s been great to meet you... And of course, your Princess Ariah.”
code by valen t.

Martin
OCCTtRC.gif

“Oh, no, not at all. You can call me anything you like.”

Well, not *anything*. Wouldn’t it be weird if she started calling him sweetheart or something not terribly appropriate? It did not seem beyond her either! Jen was strange and oddly eccentric, in a good way of course, but who could predict the next words to come out of her mouth?

“Well, it couldn’t have been easy. For her to leave her old school and friends behind. . . I’m sure it must have taken a lot of convincing to get her to agree to come to this,” Martin cleared his throat, “this charming little town.”

But it was charming, no doubt. What could be more charming than a small market town, sitting on the picturesque coast of New England? It was small enough as to be easily missed on most roadmaps, with its modest entrance signposted only by a tiny coffeeshop called the Sleeping Hedgehog, welcoming what handful of tourists it attracts every festive month. The coffee here, boy oh boy, was massively overpriced. The locals sitting in the park in the sun, close enough to the sea as to be constantly invaded by the Atlantic gulls. On a sunny day, picnic-goers bring their precious baskets of goodies to this little green patch of grass at the risk of their own lives.

Wait, didn’t he read that on a brochure somewhere?

“Powerful?” Martin chuckled. “Oh, you flatter me, Jen! You really do!”

Hang on a minute. Did she say it was OK for him to call her Jen? He assumed it was, since she was the one who started the whole calling-each-other-on-a-first-name-basis trend.

“I mean, being a priest has its perks. People do tend to listen to you and I get discounts here and there. [except at the sleeping hedgehog, them stingy buggers] I wouldn’t say I was a celebrity.”

Martin could be so humble and this was one example of it. As much as he would deny it, he was definitely something of a celebrity in the town. The people were God-fearing enough that their little shops were closed on Sundays and the pews were full, and this meant that his priestly office carried a fair bit of social clout.

“Oh, tell me about it. Kids get scared over just about anything. It took me twelve years to convince my son he could sleep with the door closed. I think he still prefers to have it open!”

They went into the nave of the old New England church and were humbled by the old woodwork. The building was a testament to the long and eventful colonial history, and how fitting it was that an Englishman should now be at the helm of such an handsomely English institution. A handsome Englishman at that, too.

“The church is very old,” Martin said, and began telling Jen the long and intricate history of the place, that even the historian-nerd narrator of these events could not be bothered to recount. “So, as you can see, the church is truly and most remarkably old.”

At the end of their little tour they arrived at the door of the kitchen. Martin thought it might be a good idea to check on Josie and the rest of the kids. He had been told on twitter by a very emphatic Isabel—, I mean Isa, that the kitchen had descended to a bloody hell with fingers and knives flying from end to end. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to leave the kids unsupervised after all! But Martin had such great belief for Josie’s abilities, that it would be such a terrible blow and a disappointment to him if he walked in and found the kitchen on fire.

Of course Martin was a proper gentleman of a fine stock and did not forget to open the door for a lady beside him. “After you,” he said. So now we know where Stu got his fine qualities from.

Soap Soap

MOOD: emotionally drained.

basics
MENTIONS:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (max)
hayden
clark
INT:
tags
TL;DRHarper listening to Sawyers haunted house stories
tl;dr
Harper Anderson

Harper had barely pulled out her laptop when she got a text from Sawyer. She flopped back onto her back holding her phone above her head as she read it. ‘wow you really have separation anxiety from me, don’t you?’ Harper quickly replied blowing air from her nose while laughing at her friend. Harper had no problem reading any of Sawyers nonsensical texts. At this point she could read anything Sawyer sent her, it could have been as little as three letters, and she would know the whole story.

Harper swung her body forward and off her bed. Picking up her bag off her bed she slipped her laptop into it.

It wasn’t hard for Harper to take any chance to get out of her house. Though her dad was likely still passed out in his office, the office that he had turned into his room ever since her mother’s passing. It just seemed like Luka couldn’t handle sleeping in the room that he used to share with his wife. It must have just been too hard for him.

Harper left her room, quietly closing her door behind her. She walked past the bedroom doors of their house, stopping she stared at the dusty doorknob of her parents’ old bedroom. After watching the old videos of her parents wedding, the feelings she had buried deep down were starting to make their way back up. She couldn’t deal with that, she had made her peace with what had happened, and she had to be strong for Hayden and her Dad. She had to be there for the both of them.

She tore her eyes away from the doorknob and made her way out of the house, she could feel her phone buzzing in her pocket. Pulling it out she looked at the bombard of texts messages coming from Max. He was worried about her, a small smile formed as she pressed her lips together. It felt nice to have someone looking out for her, but she just shook her head. Max didn’t need to worry; she was only crossing the street.

Harper walked out her front door and crossed their little quiet street. The street she used to bike down with Sawyer daily, playing softball, which usually turned into Sawyer trying to hit Hayden in the head for points. Claiming he was a baby because it was a softball, so it really didn’t hurt that much. Their sleep overs and camping in the back yard. Where they would try to scare Hayden and Clark in the tent next to them. Telling spooky stories that would keep Harper up all night.

Harper walked into the Andrews’ house like she had lived there for years. Which she basically had over the past few years. She swung her door open, “Honey I’m home!” She yelled, laughing dropping her bag, as she threw herself back onto Sawyer’s bed next to her. “You still haven’t put a shirt back on?”

“You know we have English homework due tomorrow.” She rolled her eyes throwing her head onto the pillow next to Sawyer. “I hate Mr. Shwartz.” Harper covered her eyes with the palms of her hands.

“I am not even going to ask if you started it, because I know you didn’t.” She rocked her head into Sawyer’s, dropping her hands back beside her. “You know, when I was leaving my house Max was freaking out about me crossing the street alone.” She stared up at the ceiling above them. “He’s constantly worrying, I know he means well but sometimes.” She stopped for a moment, trying to think of the right word to use to describe it. “It’s a lot.”
code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back