• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft & Wizardry

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[IMG='width:436px;']https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/3YSzYAtFZPj2htCRkATDgMOkZjVAp9jgP516obGeHs2P0LeSmRAVg5xEmlc74i4nG0lZpHO9-dg7d6xgoEHFOCNEOI5amva8UZ7W-_TEl7mCExxb-V6Atm6sNF43jJoEj7IU2V_5[/IMG]
Dean Rosery
Interacting: Sabrina and Prefects

Defense Against the Dark Arts VII

Herbology VII

Enchantments III

Advanced Magical Theory II

*TA in Charms I & II

Dean had been awake sitting in one of the chairs near the fireplace in Thunder Lobby making sure that his fellow Thunderbirds didn’t try to break curfew which was one of the many duties Dean was responsible for as Head boy and prefect. He had been studying for his DADA class when the entire tower shook with such force that his cup of tea fell off a table shattering across the floor in front of him. He instantly stood up with wand in hand and swiftly turned to look in the direction that the vibration had originated from which happened to be the girls' dormitories. He began to walk slowly towards the stairs his wand ready it was then that one of his prefects and Ria's best friend started calling out for Professor Goldstein. By this time Dean was up the stairs and looked over to see the head of Thunderbird had emerged from his office across the tower with a mixed expression of both exhaustion and worry. The Professor then rushed to the girls' side and held up a hand to stop Dean from moving forward. Once his professor entered the room a few seconds had gone by when suddenly he heard Ria crying like crazy and the dormitory doors all started to open and students started making their way towards Ria and Sabrina's dorm frantically trying to figure out what was happening turned to Dean for answers. Dean following his mentor's example held up his hand to hold back the crowd and they stopped reluctantly. “The situation is being looked into I ask that you all remain calm while Professor Goldstein looks into it, for those that try to incite panic will be punished accordingly” After what seemed like forever Professor Goldstein emerged from the dorm. As the door opened Dean heard Ria shouting about some darkness hearing his friend sound so scared made Dean want to run in but before Dean could his Professor asked him to get the headmaster. Dean agreed and had two of his prefects among the crowd of students keep the students back before he made his way to the Headmaster's chambers. Before long they had both returned with the outside of the tower surrounded by students from other houses along with the staff. After the headmaster had entered many of Ria’s other good friends were fed up with not being able to help Ria as they all listened to her crying from the hall so they started getting in the prefect's faces trying to get them to move. At this point Dean trying to avoid conflict along with wanted to figure out what was causing his friend so much pain, he told the prefects to allow them to pass as Dean entered the room himself. Just as he was starting to move farther into the room Dean froze up, seeing a girl that had always been like a sister to him in a state that he had never seen her in the seven years he’d known her was almost too much for him to take but then she quickly turned to look out the window. Dean followed her gaze and although he and the rest of the students and faculty didn’t see anything there was something he could feel it. It was then that Dean and some of the faculty had decided to start evacuating the room which was about the time he turned around to see Ria touch the Headmaster and watch as both their eyes go pitch black and then Ria fell over on her bed but her eyes were still open. It was then Dean felt a shiver as he looked at everyone and he could tell that no one knew what was going on. Professor Goldstein then approached Dean and the other prefects and said “I take that I can trust you all to not go spreading rumors about what just transpired here” Dean had so much to say but he just simply replied “You can trust us professor”

Dean had been having difficulty staying awake ever since that night Ria had her “episode” as Headmaster Fontaine put it and although Dean had great respect for the man he found those words very distasteful and degrading to Ria’s character. Dean was on high alert and made sure his prefects were as well so he had them on constant watch around thunderbird tower. To say the least, Dean had not done as well as he usually would have on his DADA exam and although Professor Buchanan was displeased there was a level of understanding. Since the incident, the entire Thunderbird house had been paranoid especially those that felt something outside Ria’s window and Dean had been struggling to keep them calm though it seemed that things were starting to get back to normal. It was 11:30 pm and Dean was walking the halls before he took the midnight to 5 am curfew shift in Thunder Lobby when he decided to check in on Ria at the infirmary. When he got there he wasn’t surprised to see Sabrina trying but struggling to stay awake in a chair at Ria’s bedside. Dean mouths to Sabrina “Has she said anything yet?” Sabrina with a desolate expression on her face simply shook her head Dean then looked over at Ria before saying“Hey you’ve been here a while and I know you could use some sleep. Go ahead I got it from here” At first Sabrina started to protest but she was too tired to fight so she slowly got up looking back at Ria every few steps. A few minutes after Sabrina's leave Dean decided to see if he could have any better luck getting Ria to talk which he doubted be although they were close they were not nearly as close as she was with Sabrina but that wasn’t going to stop him. “Wow, I see that you have a lot of fans” he said as he looked around her bed at all the flowers and gifts including his own that he brought a couple days ago “You’re going to need a bigger room to fit all this” Still no reaction he started to wonder if she was even awake or just sleeping with her eyes open but he realized that she was following him with her eyes and blinking so he knew that she must be awake. Knowing that he wasn’t getting to her he decided to try and speak from his heart. He started by saying “ I know that deep down your afraid of whatever was out there that night but listen to me Ria Ilvermorny is under the protection of one of the finest wizards in all of North America Headmaster Agilbert Fontaine who will stop at nothing to keep his students safe and under him you have Professors Petyr, Rubdich, and Carnerius who are known for their excellent defensive skills along with Professor Goldstein who you better believe won’t let anything harm his Thunderbirds and if that was SOMEHOW not enough you have friends here Ria and we won’t let anything happen to you.” Hoping to get some response he waited but nothing came she just stared at him as if he was a stranger. Dean looked into her eyes hoping to find something but he had to look away because all he saw was emptiness. A part of Dean wanted to stay and keep Ria company while Sabrina was gone but he knew that he had to return to relieve the prefect that was currently on duty in Thunder Lobby and then after his shift he would check back on her.

When Dean had returned to the infirmary the next day Ria was gone. At first, he wasn’t sure if he needed to worry or not but he did go looking for her surprised that she was cleared to leave after how gone she still was just 5 hours ago, of course, he never would have imagined what really happened. Being a stickler for rules nobody told Dean about the climbing of the Snakewood tree, in fact, they did their best to hide it from him. Little did Dean know that a fair amount of Thunderbirds were just waiting for Deans shift to end so they could sneak by and make their way to the tree. When Dean finally did get word about the climb from one of his prefects it was too late. As soon as he arrived professors told him to start evacuating students away from the tree but when he saw his friend on the ground surrounded by blood with a horned serpent girl he didn’t know all so well crying hysterically on top of her he felt as if the wind had been knocked out of him and he suddenly became numb all the screams and cries around him were drowned out by his own thoughts “THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" “YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!”.

The rest of the day was a blur. He did attend the meeting in the Great Hall trying to keep the other students calm though he was clearly off his game. When the headmaster said something that upset Sabrina Dean half-heartedly tried to hold her back from speaking against him but when he did she instantly shot him the coldest look he had ever seen from her and he knew that that at least on some level she had to have blamed him for what has happened so he backed off. Later that night he tried to study more for his Eval Exams but his head was filled with so much as it was that he couldn’t concentrate so he instead took a sleep potion that Nurse Chambers had given him earlier and he was soon fast asleep.

The next day Dean woke up knowing that as headboy he was in charge of preparing. Thunderbird tower for the MACUSA visit so he quickly got up and went work hoping that once they arrived he would learn something because he only one thought in mind “ I have to find out what did this to Ria”.

Last edited:
[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#e1dcc6; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// // Nurse Chambers // // Thomas // // Reimi // [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

E1vtCOwA4.jpg
Interacting: Nurse Chambers, Wayiso, Morri, Kat, NPC students
[Div class="Line"][/div] Mentioned: ---
[Div class="Line"][/div] Location:
Hosp. Wing
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Thomas Richard Holiday
Charms VI
Defense Against the Dark Arts VI
Transfiguration VI
Potions VI
Herbology VI
[Div class="Line"][/div]
With both Kat and Morri asleep, Thomas had lulled back to his own slumber - with his arms across the backrest of the chair and his head on top. He wondered what would happen tomorrow. MACUSA was coming, weren't they? That in between JARVEYs sounded like a nightmare. Of course, wouldn't they investigate the people involved a well? Sure, they weren't the ones who did it but they were witnesses. Hell, they even tried to help out. Especially Morri. It would seem like the next day would be more than what he bargained for. He just hoped that his own interrogation wouldn't last long. He had enough things to worry about and MACUSA would just be another problem onto his nearly full schedule of JARVEY's.

Would Reimi be there? He hadn't exactly talked with his adoptive mother much lately. Ever since he entered his fourth year, Reimi had been out of the house early in the morning and in late at night. And that was during summer. He wasn't even sure if Reimi went back home anymore when he's at school. Thomas had honestly been very worried of her but it wasn't like he could send her a letter too much since she might be too busy to read his letters. She is one of the reasons why he wanted to become a healer - support for the aurors - and he didn't want her leaving so soon. Thomas didn't know how well he could handle if she too were to leave him. Even if they weren't that close, she was still his mother. She tries, despite being young and busy.
--------------​
Birthdays haven't been the same.

Without his parents, it felt... lonely. Reimi knows his birthday but she's too busy with her MACUSA work to really go out and give him a birthday party. And Thomas didn't want to overstay his welcome in her household, so he never really sought a party. But it did make him miss the old times. Times when he blew out candles that his father would relight as a form of prank on his son, or when his mother would conjure up puppets and make a funny play until he couldn't breathe anymore thanks to his continuous laughing, or when his father would tuck him into bed and wish him good night after the party.

He couldn't do any of them now. He always sat at home, alone, with only the television - courtesy of Reimi who figured it would be best to distract a young wizard with the use of No Maj technology - to keep him busy. No Maj shows were funny though. Some of their films depicted magic differently from what is actually used, and honestly, it was interesting. Thomas often wondered if it was possible to integrate some of their ideas of what magic is into what magic truly is.

"Thomas?" A familiar voice called out to him from outside. "Can you open the door? My hands are full."

Thomas leapt off of the couch and then headed over to the door as fast as his legs could take him. He skidded to a stop in front of it and then opened the door. Reimi stood there with her bag slung across her body and a big box that she had to carry with both arms.

"What's that Miss Reimi?" He asked curiously as he stepped aside so she can go in. Once she was in the confines of her house, she let go of the box and it floated in mid-air. She wasn't an auror for nothing. Thomas closed the door and followed her as she made her way to the kitchen.

Reimi smiled at him as she laid it down and then opened it - showing a fantastic chocolate cake with the words 'Happy Birthday' on it. The candles lit themselves up and the letters soar upwards as a loud popping noise filled the area. "Happy Birthday kiddo." She said with a grin and ruffled his hair.

He stood there with eyes gleaming with excitement and amazement. He didn't even flinch when she reached down to mess with his hair. He just stood there in awe with his mouth wide open.

"What's wrong little buddy?" Reimi asked as she looked at him unsurely. "Guess you don't like the chocolate flavor huh? Should have really asked you about that but they said kids loved chocolate." She continued as she rubbed the back of her head and looked towards the cake.

"N-No!" He stammered out as he clung to her work jacket. "I like chocolate really!" He exclaimed and his grip on her jacket tightened as he looked down. "I... what about your work?" He questioned with a quivering voice.

The auror knelt down beside him and then embraced him. "I've been missing your birthday ever since you got here! And that's been two years already. I wasn't going to let there be a third one. It must be very boring to just sit around when you should be having fun." She admitted. "They won't miss me at the office. In fact, they're going to head over here later once shifts end."

It was horribly obvious that she wasn't used to giving physical affection. The hug felt awkward and stiff, not at all what it should normally feel. But... Thomas felt something he hadn't felt for a few years now. He melted under her hug and he wrapped his arms around her. He began crying out of happiness. He could feel Reimi pat her back unsurely, as if not knowing that to do in such a situation. Guess it made Thomas feel assured that even aurors were unsure of things.

"I love you Miss Reimi."

He felt her breath hitch.

"Love you too kiddo."

-------------​
Thomas woke up with tears in his eyes and a rather clear memory of what he had dreamed of. Perhaps it had been the calming draught or maybe Wayiso slipped in something inside the drink he had left for him so that he wouldn't thrash around. Thomas had always been susceptible to nightmares mostly because of his own past traumatic experience. He always believed he had gotten over his parents' deaths but he's still plagued by their faces and their words and their last moments. Reimi had sometimes been able to shoo it off, but it would always come back. It was a surprise that it didn't that night. He had quickly wiped his eyes and stood up - every joint aching and he grumbled as he reached out for a potion and drank it. He felt his muscles loosen up and he stretched. Alright. New day. New-

"Morri!" He choked out as he ran to her bedside. She was shaking and sweating and it was painfully obvious that she was having a nightmare. And a really bad one. Before he could even try to help, she had stopped. Wondering if it was over, he was about to check up on her temperature but she had bolted awake and ran to the bathroom. Thomas had stumbled back to avoid getting pushed out of the way by his friend. Wayiso had marched in and assessed the situation and called Nurse Chambers. If the clock he was looking at was right, then she was coming down here anwyay to check on them. Meanwhile, Thomas had been running around - reassuring the others that everything would be fine and Nurse Chambers would handle the situation and Morri wasn't hurt. "Probably just a bad dream." He would often say but he wasn't sure if he was trying to convince himself or the others. But he can't get swept away by emotions now, he was pretty sure that some second year boy had been crying thanks to the tense atmosphere and he had to go and take care of him.

Their saving grace in the form of Nurse Chambers had arrived and headed for Morri. Thomas was relieved to see her and then convinced the other students that it was fine now. Some calmed down, some were still tensed up, but no one was wailing anymore. That sudden boom in emotions probably didn't bode well for Kat and Thomas wasn't sure how she had reacted to the whole situation. Morri had gone out of the bathroom wiht a grim face and Thomas was still worried. He was in no position at all to ask what had happened and if he could do anything to help. No, he should only support from the side. Kat surely could talk something into her best friend, and he would be there to help if it was needed from him.

But deep inside his heart, Thomas knew that he was feeling something. Something... familiar. It was as if he had been thrown back to the situation a week ago with Ria being carted off from the Thunderbird Dorms. He gripped his wand tighter. He wasn't going to let anything like that happen again. He just can't.
[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Last edited:
Jack was a well-educated and intelligent individual who not only studied in the prestigious (if somewhat infamous) school of Hogwarts in his youth but also was a professor in the prestigious school of Ilvermorny, despite the restriction of his speech disability. He was a well-traveled and a known scholar in his respective fields. A well respected teacher, wizened by his years that was turning his long, raven black hair gray.

Yet, here he stood before the entrance of Ilvermorny, awaiting MACUSA, and still learning lessons. A student to life itself and all its informative, if sometimes cruel, teachings.

The events of the past week were.... humbling, to say the say the least. Professor Rubdich wasn't well acquainted with the student Ria but that wasn't to say she wasn't a beloved student all the same. Her "psychotic" episode greatly worried the professor but Jack trusted the headmaster when he announced that all was well.

He had no reason to doubt the man that led the school.

However, when news reached the mute professor's ears about Ria's suicide and Sabrina's subsequent impassioned outburst in the great hall, even Jack's trust was shaken.

He did not believe that the headmaster had any ill intentions but he certainly was keeping some kind of information. That being said, whatever information the man had was irrelevant to the greater concern.

The well-being of the students.

Tensions were high, emotions were even higher, and stress of the students was practically palpable. They were all young adults, sure, but even fully grown adults needed time to relax amd unwind. Something that was unfortunately not happening in recent times... understandbly.

Professor Rubdich had decided to put his reputation as something of a light hearted trickster to use and challenged the students in his classes to perform a successful prank on him. Whoever succeeded would get full marks on the next exam he issued, as well as bragging rights.

The attempt to cheer up his own students wasn't as successful as he would have liked but every now and then someone would try and it would at least get a collective chuckle from the class. It wasn't much but it was more than they were getting and that was enough for Jack.

-----------------------

Burnt Black Jack was, ironically, wearing black robes to greet the MACUSA members when they arrived. A warm smile spread across the teacher's face marred only by the scar tissue creeping up the entirety of his neck and the left side of his chin, lips, and cheek.

With several intricate flourishes of his wand, Jack spelled out the words "WELCOME" in the air. The words were a deep, foresty green in color and floated at chest level as the Ilvermorny guests approached before dissipating from right to left. As if a soft breeze had carried it away.

There was nothing but warmth and kindness in Jack's expression, thoughts, and body language as he led the small group through the winding, intricate halls of the proud institute for magic. The professor did what he could using sign language, air writing with his wand, or physical indications (pointing, nodding, etc) to answer any questions they had or to just make simple small talk.

Eventually, they reached the headmaster's office to which Jack politely knocked a few times, announcing their presence before slowly opening the door and allowing the MACUSA members to enter. The mute professor then stood to the side until he was dismissed or if he was allowed to stay, then he would.

(Giving you a bit of puppet action at the end there inverse)

Katalina
Mentions
Morri and Thomas

Sleeping rather peacefully next to Morri she felt her friend shift once or twice before going still. Scrunched up against Morri Kat turned over carefully once more before opening her eyes. The feeling stardust had given her still hadn't left her mind. The swimming feeling she felt only continued, the mesh and mix of emotions flooding her still didn't hurt. In fact, they seemed more perceivable and understandable. Turning once more towards Morri she felt the girls turmoil. While palpable, she knew she couldn't wake Morri up now. Nuzzling her head in between her pillows she once more began to fall asleep, unaware of how Morri was being tortured.

------

The sudden emotional overload caused Kat to open her eyes in a rush of pain moments before Morri burst from her bed. Feeling Morri's body twitch Kat wasn't able to move before Morri burst out. Taking some of the brunt of Morri rushing away Kat reeled slightly. The hand pushing off her stomach made Kat cringe and curl up, though with everything she was feeling she wasn't in the slightest upset, just in pain. Hand shaking lightly from the pain Kat pushed herself up on the back of her bed as she tried to get a grip on what was happening. Seeing everyone's faces and the fact that they werent running made Kat realize it was nothing around them. Though, the flood of emotions all around her told her that something did infact happen. Running her hands along her temples she slowly slid her legs off the side of her bed.

With a hand on her side she managed to stand up before adjusting her clothes. Despite being in hospital clothing, Kat still made herself look dignified and at best good. Brushing the wrinkled fabric alittle she felt Morri's anguish once more. Looking to Thomas who wasn't far from their bed she took a deep breath. With a limp Kat managed to get over to the bathroom door following Nurse chambers and Wayiso. Leaning against it she heard Morri talking to herself on the other end. Hearing her moving around on the inside Kat managed to move as the door opened. However, as the door swung past her, she stepped into the doorway and gave Morri a gentle push so it was just the two of them within the bathroom once more. Though, she left the door cracked and not closed all the way.

Eyes dancing all over Morri's body Kat seemed to be in a more serious mood than Morri would have seen in many months possibly even a few years. The feelings Kat clung onto made her want to puke, the very feeling Morri felt, Kat made herself experience. Goosebumps covering her body Kat did the only thing she could bring herself to do. Wrapping her arms around Morri she managed to hug her as tight as she could without hurting herself. Breaking the hug she put a hand on the side of Morri's face. Taking a deep breath she spoke in a very quiet yet airy voice. "I feel it...Morri I dont know what happened or what you saw but I feel it. I understand and its okay... you are safe... at least as safe as I am and that means we can deal with it together... right?" Coughing twice her eyes softened considerably from their icy determination. Taking her hand off Morri's face Kat turned towards the door before slowly making her way back out once she was sure Morri wasn't physically hurt.​

Name | Dominique LeFleur
674_78_f.jpg

Location | Infirmary
Tags | Morri OppositeInverse OppositeInverse , Katalina Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider , Thomas AI10100 AI10100
Schedule |

Charms VI
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Martial Magic III
Caribbean Witchcraft
Advanced Runecraft II
Spiritual Studies I

When morning came Dominique was one of the first in her dorm to wake up. She’d always been an early riser, even as a baby she had a habit of waking of before her parents. It usually meant that they’d have to get up early because of her crying or at least that’s what they’d told her. Dominique headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day. She’d planned on visiting Morri in the hospital wing today. Dominique was doing it it of equal parts curiosity and concern. The two of them were housemates so Dominique felt that it was only right to go and visit her, to see how she was coming along. She also knew that MACUSA had probably arrived at this point and that sooner or later they’d question Morri about the incident. There was a chance that if she went she’d be able to know what had happened in full detail, that is if she wasn’t kicked out. With that thought in mind Dominique got dressed. After putting on her robe she was off.

The hallway was thick with tension and still held the same somber air as before. Students whispered amongst themselves, some talking about MACUSA’s presence and others worrying about the JARVEY’S. Dominique was only a little nervous herself but on the other hand she was confident about her abilities. She’d been studying and practicing continuously just for the tests. She was sure that she’d do just fine. Before long she reached the infirmary. Dominique stepped inside and looked around. She was surprised to see Morri out of her bed. She held a look of distress on her face while she was embraced by her best friend, Dominique believed that her name was Katherine or something or that nature. Morri was positively drench in what she assumed was sweat. What had gone on? And so early in the morning as well. Dominique closed the door behind herself. “Did come at the wrong time…?” She looked from the tense students, to the Nurse Chambers and then to Morri herself.

Leo Fischer
Leo yawned yet again, bringing a hand up to try and scrub the sleep from his eyes. The past day had been draining to say the least, and coupled with his late-night jaunt to the library, half to study and half to distract himself with his latest adventure book, his rest had been lacking. He stared blankly at the wall opposite him, trying to find the motivations to move from his seated position on his bed. A growling stomach had him looking down and, finally, gathering up enough strength to move. His mind drifted towards the thought of breakfast and Leo's mood dimmed just slightly. There would either be a mess of whispers in the dining hall or near silence. Leo wasn't looking forwards to either.

He sighed, the end of the exhale turning into another yawn, and pulled on his robes. He pulled on his shoes, hopping around all the while as he tried, and failed, to balance on one foot, and exited his room. The hallway outside his dorm was empty, but the common room made the reason clear. It was a jumble of students either helping to clean for MACUSA's arrival - Leo scowled at the thought - or last minute studying for the JARVEYs.

Leo maneuvered his way through the room, pushing out of the tower entrance and moving towards the dining hall. He passed the open doors to the hall and peeked inside. The room wasn't as quiet as he would have guessed -people were at least trying to be happy, but the atmosphere was still heavy with grief and exhaustion. Leo didn't want to add to that, so he bypassed the dining hall and headed straight for the kitchen.

The kitchen was filled with both Pukwudgies and humans, all moving between stations to prep the food for breakfast. Leo skirted along the wall, gaining a few annoted looks from the Pukwudgies as he made his way towards his favored fridge. He opened the door, letting the cool air hit his face, waking him up just enough for him to side-step the Pukwudgie that, clearly intentionally, had tried to propel him away from the fridge and possible onto the floor. The Pukwudgie, though, ignored Leo's affronted look and pretended to peruse the fridge's contents before walking away empty handed. Leo felt a faint smile grace his face, glad that at least some things hadn't changed.

With his routine rite of passage for access to the fridge concluded, Leo turned his attention back to its contents, his eyes landing on a box of boysenberries. He pulled the pouch from his side, mumbling a quick "Tergeo" to clean it before he filled it with a few handfuls of the berries. With his breakfast in tow, he headed back to the Thunderbird tower. He walked into the still bustling common room, once again doing his best to avoid the commotion, and started towards his room.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

tumblr_njo5ybQIIw1t2azp0o1_250.jpg

Charms VI
Martial Magic II
Magical History of The United States of America

Direct -> Kat | Thomas | Domi | Prof. Jack
Mentions -> Buchanan
NPC -> Wayiso | Nurse Chambers | MACUSA | Fontaine

Morri lets the rinse of the hot water wash away all her inner turmoil for the day. The shower was unusually refreshing, but it still wasn't enough for her to shake what happened yesterday, or more importantly this morning. She couldn't help but wonder if whatever trauma happened to Ria had latched onto her as well. But she wasn't unresponsive like Ria was. What if this was just the start? Like some new magical virus that isn't physical in nature, but psychological? That would make even the strongest of wills break down over time. Morri started to overthink more and more... sliding down the wall in her shower and sitting there in nerve racking contemplation. Am I going to die? No, Morri shakes her head and realized it's only as powerful as you allow it to be. It's always a choice. She darts back up and tries to muster strength past paranoia and finishes her shower

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You understand? We need to be very tactful and respectful of Morri's privacy and mood. Kat here too. And no Ms. LaFleur you came at a perfect time. They could use a friend." Nurse Chambers was explaining to the inhabitants of the infirmary about what had just happened, and that even if it was scary it was probably scarier for Morri. Truth was, Nurse Chambers was scared, scared that whatever was going around was something out of her control. Something she couldn't fix with potions and brews, maybe not even healing spells. She was scared that Ilvermorny had come across something no healer could prepare their students for: The Real World. Death, unfairness, malice, all those things together to bring pain and misery to souls who should be enjoying harmless gossip and banter. Crushes and daydreams. She was about to speak when Morri entered the hospital wing, smelling clean and fresh. She could tell by the silence tensions were still edgy. Before anyone even had a chance to ask, Morri beat them to it. "I'm fine. I actually feel pretty great and energized." She sets her stuff down, looking at her wand with resistance and insecurity.

Wayiso walks up and puts his stubby hands on his hips. "Damn nightmares, am I right? Apparently you had all the students freaking out. Almost like Ria--" Nurse Chambers delivers a shove to the Pukwudgie as he tosses his hands up in obliviousness. Morri actually felt the embarrassment and worry of the kids, Kat's necklace around her neck glowing a bit. The Heart of Fire had sorted emotions of the user, and thus even in the midst of panic and reaction, Morri had broke down why she was feeling all the things she was. She was scared that she was going to be the next Ria, which stemmed from the experience of her friend dying at the Tree. She was insecure because she or anyone had no idea what it was that happened in Thunderbird dorms last week, and it could happen again. She was worried because her best friend was banged up and she was supposed to be strong for her, but she felt her own secrets and shames swimming to the surface. It increased her emotional intelligence. Which is why she took it off, handing it back to Kat. She just needed to be Morri for right now. She sits on the edge of her bed, smiling at Thomas, Kat, and her friend Domi.

"Hey Domi, thanks for coming. How are you holding up? How was the Hall Meeting yesterday?"

Which reminded her, damn JARVEY's. Damn? Wayiso was rubbing off on her. She only had two core classes this semester, Charms and DADA, but she would still likely have to undergo the other core classes just for current assessment. She then thought about Charms, and her secret shame. It was a well known fact that Morri was one of the best and brightest at the school, despite how stoic and strong-willed she had a reputation of being. Spell knowledge? Easy. Spell proficiency? No problem. Reaction and Prowess? Top Tier. But, of all those great marks, the girl had one bane... she couldn't cast a Patronus. But her secret was... she could, she was just too afraid too. All because of one reason. A reason no one knew. Not even her best friend Kat. Maybe she could ditch Charms JARVEY's, or better yet! Use the excuses of her own turmoil to rest up. She couldn't believe her thinking right now. Morri Skopos was afraid to take a test that could shatter her status. She had all the knowledge in the world, but that one application is what set her back. For good reason. "Morri, I'm going to recommend you a few more hours in here, to rest up and relax while I make you some brew. That way you could have more time with Kat." Nurse Chambers cleverly devised a reason, but the truth was she didn't trust Morri being out in campus yet. Not after that display. She would have to report this to the Headmaster. "The rest of you, who are cleared and have stayed overnight for common sickness or magical defections are free to go. Don't forget your letters and belongings!"

Morri heard the murmurs of the students as they grabbed on their robes and prepared to leave. Some looked at Morri & Kat and delivered a nod of respect and well wishes, as well as a thanks to Thomas for helping all of them out. Some were pleasantly happy to leave, others were worried what awaited for the future. They opened letters, to have huge smiles on their faces, while some just looked confused. Topics ranged from family affairs back home, to the Twin Academy Dance. The Twin Academy Dance was an annual event where Ilvermorny and Salem Institute would come together and enjoy a grand time of festivities, culminating in a huge dance. Ilvermorny students, mainly girls were trying to ask their ideal crushes in time before the all-witch school of Salem would come in and no doubt steal some of them away. Morri had gone with various people the past years. 1st year was a outgoing fellow named Felix Booker, everyone called him Books. He was more obsessed with impressing Morri with pranks instead of being her date. 2nd Year was a lad named Daniel aka DJ. A arrogant boy, self-proclaimed best duelist in the school... that was until Morri showed him up by casting a few spells that may or may not have disrobed him in front of his friends. It was an accident! At least that was the official story. 3rd year was Kim Namm, he'd managed to impress Morri with his school band who had some pretty cool songs. 4th year she went with no official date, just a group of girls with herself, Kat, Constance Michel, and her friend Clare Sil. Last year, it was a pretty popular Wampus current 7th year named Brutus Bollogh, everyone called him Brute because of his towering size and physical strength. He was one of those all brawn no brains types that lived for dueling, and ego. It was her closest thing to a relationship. He started to see Morri as a trophy and because of that, got him a swift chop to the neck as he tried to kiss Morri last year, she could still remember seeing the smile on Buch's face when he saw the lad get rejected and the chance to punish a student who wasn't Horned Serpent. This event is what solidified Morri's status in the school as a badass, but respectfully so.

She looks to Thomas, Kat, and Domi.
"Darn, I almost forgot about the dance too. Anyways, you guys ready for JARVEY's?"

GM Post

The Doors to Ilvermorny open as the presence of three MACUSA officials stand bold and prominent among the dusky atmosphere of the school. The halls were clean and pristine, yet the feel of it... the tension was steel thick. They could feel it within the first ten seconds of entering the hall, stepping upon the Gordian Knot like they had all those years ago as students at this very institution. One man seemed more bureaucrat than enforcement official. Along with him stood two others, these were the ones that looked capable beyond all capability. One man, and one woman. People often forget how elite and extensively proficient Aurors are and have to be. They were the cream of the crop, the magical equivalent to No-Maj military special forces in essence. Many of the masses of the magical community claim themselves to one day become one of these astute beings of magic and law, when in reality once they experience the rigors of the training and just how much pain they have to endure to even be considered, the qualified are reduced to less than a tenth of the initial recruits. Of the three among the halls of Ilvermorny, they all looked potent beyond their unassuming appearances and rather classy & elaborate demeanor. They were as follows:
A man presented them with a welcome, literally writing the message in magic with his wand as he seemed very polite and kindly. The Officials overlook his scars and lack of speaking and act only from his noble demeanor. They shake his hand as they introduced themselves. The bustle of the school started to pick up, as many students prepared for testing today. For the 5th years and lower, the mid terms were coming up. For 6th years, they indeed had JARVEY tests on the horizon, and for the 7th years, they would be doing follow up JARVEY's in preparation for their exit testing into the magical community, whatever profession they were to pursue after their graduation. The fall was a grim time for everything to coalesce in such a fashion. The death of a loved student, tension between faculty, insecurity in the kids, and on top of it all, trying to resume in a way to suggest none of those things ever happened. Hopefully MACUSA could provide some sort of alleviation to the current drab in the environment. They were the Magical Congress for a reason, and whatever was going on at Mt. Greylock... they were damned sure going to find the answers. The woman spoke up.

"Nice to make your acquaintance. I assume you're a professor here from your looks of... experience. Myself will be leading this investigation. I'm sure you're told the school already to cooperate and there's nothing to fear; I promise you whatever foulness rings through here will come to light. Auror Logg here will scout the campus and poke around, as Mr. Winchester is strictly on recon and intelligence. He will record testimonies, events, and experiences while here. Would you kindly take me to Headmaster Fontaine's quarters?"

They follow Professor Jack past the pathways to the dorms, with the rising scurry of students all locking their gazes on the officials with yearning and skepticism. Even if it was a suicide, would they really find a way to justify such a horrible thing? As the younger students looked at them like superheroes, the older students knew the gritty rigors MACUSA officials had to go through, and conversely bring as well. Chasity nods and smiles at the kids, almost like a gleaming assurance that what darkness is in the minds and hearts of everyone in the campus was sure to leave very soon. MACUSA carefully scanned the halls, looking at every portrait, passage, student, class, room, etc. She saw how busy yet quiet the school was. "Looks like JARVEY's are up... ohh those were the days..." Terrence says in a nostalgiac ponderment. They finally reach the door to Fontaine's quarters, Jack ushering them in and closing the door behind them.

tj-foo-grand-library.jpg

tumblr_onibv5NVRw1w90g2ro1_250.jpg

Chasity looks at the aged and wise man writing some sort of letter, his focus not even acknowledging MACUSA at first. His face seemed driven, yet stressed. When he heard the doors, he looked up, with a silent chuckle and finishes signing and sealing the letter. He rises, his tall imposition welcoming to the officials. Chasity steps up and looks around the room, shaking her head. "This place is a mess. It looks exactly the same..." Fontaine's face goes stern. "That's no way to address a Headmaster...." They then walk up to each other, dire looks on their faces. Tension slowly started to set into the room, until they both provided the warmest smile to each other and embraced in a tight hug. "Hey Wilk, it's good to see you." "You too old man, I'm so sorry... we're here to help. We're going to figure this out Agilbert." Fontaine looks at Professor Jack, explaining the situation. "Professor Jack, Chasity here is the great descendant of Charity Wilkinson... one of two last remaining survivors of the Original Twelve Aurors in American history. Obviously you can see why we're good friends..." Hopefully Jack knew his homework enough to know the sacred blood and royalty he stood with. Chasity was the last tie to the pure magical bloodline of the Original Twelve, with the other of the two survivors being a man named Theodard Fontaine... which of course was the ancestor of Headmaster Fontaine. "Friends?? That's what you call it? Let's see... you taught me, you trained me, you gave me shelter in summers I wanted to travel, oh and we happen to be the last two bloodlines of the Original. I'd say we're family. And I don't mean to toot my horn but... I'm kind of an author now. Not a best seller yet but I'll get there!" They both have a goofy laugh, as her MACUSA comrades roll eyes in her humor. It was the happiest the Headmaster had seemed in a week. He needed it, all of Ilvermorny did.

But just as sharp, just as fast, Wilk's face goes serious. "You look like you haven't slept in ages. I promise Gil, we're going to remedy this, no matter what." They hug once more, almost as if they knew after this the decorum and kinship would have to subside. They pull away, and the investigation begins.

Wilk: "Let's start at the beginning, that night. I need you to spare no detail. What happened Gil? You as well Professor Jack... where were you? What did you experience? I'm also going to need every witness from that night, every person who checked in to see Ria the leading week, and everyone who was involved in this Snakewood Tree incident yesterday. There's a common marker in all of those and we'll squeeze out the source."

Last edited:
[IMG='width:499px;']https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/3YSzYAtFZPj2htCRkATDgMOkZjVAp9jgP516obGeHs2P0LeSmRAVg5xEmlc74i4nG0lZpHO9-dg7d6xgoEHFOCNEOI5amva8UZ7W-_TEl7mCExxb-V6Atm6sNF43jJoEj7IU2V_5[/IMG]
Dean Rosery
Interacting: Curt Golio and Prefects

Thunderbird tower was busy with students doing last minute studying.
Dean being Professor Hicks student assistant in charms for first and second years along with a tutor in a variety of subjects students naturally came to him with all kinds of questions even though he put together a Jarvey's study group a few days ago very few students had actually shown up but now last minute everyone it seemed to want Dean to help to study. Dean already trying to orchestrate the preparation for MACUSA now had to deal with unprepared students coming to him now when he has given them plenty of opportunities before. Normally Dean would be less understanding of this behavior but these were dark times and he was aware that many students were having a hard time sleeping and staying focused and it became even worse after yesterday's events and he knew that he would be a hypocrite if he didn't acknowledge that he himself skipped studying for his evaluations yesterday although he had been studying for them for almost a month now.

Dean decided to set up 3 groups. The first one was made up of first and second-year students then third and fourth years and finally fifth and sixth-year students. He made it clear that they should all work out the problems with one another and if they couldn't figure it out then they could ask him. With this system in place, Dean had more time to finish up preparing for MACUSA but just as Dean turned his attention back to doing that his Roommate and good friend Curt Gollio entered the tower. “Hate to be the one to tell you this Rosy but I just seen Professor Rubdich leading a group of very official looking individuals towards headmaster Fontaines office so I'd say you might be out of time” Dean then replied “ though its possible that they will come here first I would say that we have time considering we're about done” but then while helping replace the logs in the fireplace Dean looks over his shoulder to his friend “have you seen Sabrina yet this morning? I imagine she will be one of the first people MACUSA will want to interview.” I can't say I have but I do wonder if you think she actually plans on dropping out of Ilvermorny?” Dean sighs and says “ she seemed serious but I Imagine she'll at least wait till after Ria's memorial service but we'll have to wait and see.” Curt nods and looks as if he wants to say more but instead simply says “ well I'll see you during the exams” Dean nods back and looks around at the fully prepared lobby and then relieves his prefects and volunteers so they could study themselves. He then decided that he would stay and help the study groups until the first bell would ring signaling the beginning of the exams.

Last edited:
[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#e1dcc6; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// // Nurse Chambers // // Thomas // // Reimi // [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

E1vtCOwA4.jpg
Interacting: Nurse Chambers, Wayiso, Morri, Kat, Dominique
Hosp. Wing
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Thomas Richard Holiday
Charms VI
Transfiguration VI
Potions VI
Herbology VI
[Div class="Line"][/div]
Thomas was surprised that Kat found the energy to stand up to console her friend. Well, he assumed that he consoled her but he didn't actually see since they have spoken in the privacy of the restroom. He felt a bit of worry for her wounds, but Nurse Chambers didn't seem to react and it wasn't like Kat was walking around in pain, so maybe nothing happened. Thomas had only noticed that Morri and Kat had switched necklaces - it was pretty cute. A nice gesture from one worried friend to another. He was unfortunately none the wiser to the magical properties each one held, but he found himself smiling at the thought of the two exchanging them from the night before.

Dominique had entered and immediately noticed how on edge everyone was. He gave her a small wave so that she would proceed to come over. "No, you're good. Come on in." He said. They were never close - her being in Horned Serpent and him being a Pukwudgie. They also didn't talk much outside of classes and even then, those conversations were purely for their educational needs. But still, Thomas considered her a friend, a good acquaintance at the very least. His gaze turned to Nurse Chambers as she continued to explain the happenings. Thomas felt... interestingly and worryingly calm. He suspected it was because Morri seemed to be quite alright - even if he could tell that she isn't really. He seemed to flinch when Wayiso mentioned Ria. Thomas began to spin his wand between his fingers.

He had bounded closer to Morri and her friends - and he might as well use the excise that he did need to look out for them still. Thomas leaned back on his chair as she began to regard Dominique. It would seem that Morri was being ordered to stay here for a few more hours. They would miss JARVEY's then. Unfortunate, but he guessed this was a good enough reason. Morri mentioned the dance and JARVEY's. Looked like he would go with his friends again for this year's dance, just as he always did. He had gone out with a few people before - but only for three years and each one different. He was pretty sure that he had just been invited just so they can say that they had a date, but at least it was a little pleasant. The one he enjoyed the most was on his fifth year with Clare - who had been a great help with his Transfiguration. He wondered if she had gotten to start the process of becoming an Animagus. She hadn't exactly alerted him on whether or not the professors allowed her to.

Thomas let out a nervous chuckle and he rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, I think so? I got Transfiguration and Charms down at least." He admitted. Maybe his nervousness will play into lightening up the mood a little bit. He wasn't exactly sure. But now that they weren't talking healing or anything like that, Thomas was slowly reverting back to his old self. His more... nervous persona. "I think I'll be fine with DADA as long as they don't make me duel." He gave them a bashful smile. Everyone had seen him duel before, thanks to previous exams. He holds himself well. He didn't make any shining victories, but he wasn't one to be defeated easily either. All that he's lacking is confidence.

But now that he thought about it, could he actually cast a Patronus right now? Thomas had been able to before, no doubt about that. He's seen death before and he managed to cast one still. But, he had years to get over his parents' death. He had a day to get over Ria's. He wondered if he would be able to. Thomas just hoped he could. He couldn't fail this JARVEY's. He just can't.
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Katalina

Walking away from Morri and making her way back to her bed Kat looked to Dominique who had walked in during their hug. Deciding not to wave Kat got back to her bed before sprawling out once more. She wanted to sleep again, but with everything that happened she knew it wasn't something she was going to be able to do. Deciding to sit up she watched Morri come out of the shower some time later. Shifting in her bed she managed to turn towards Morri when she sat down. Seeing Morri taking the necklace off Kat blushed alittle before holding her hand out. Watching Morri release it she let her hand drop some more giving the necklace distance between both their hands. Feeling the cold crystal in her hand she took a deep breath, having had enough time to super cool between their hands. Moving her own hands to Stardust Kat slipped it off and passed it back to Morri with a smile. Kat wanted to burst up and just hug the three of them. She felt Morri's unease but didn't push further. She always maintained her friends emotional privacy as much as she consciously could.

Seeing Morri showered Kat looked down at herself. Despite feeling like she fell down a thousand steps she felt uneasy over not having bathed in a day. With all the students pouring out of the infirmary Kat felt like she was going to be able to nap for abit. Though the knowledge of a hot shower waiting kept nagging in the back of her head. Finally, after some mental infighting she decided to scoot to the edge of her bed. Slipping her own necklace back around her neck rubbed her eyes. Sitting across from Morri she decided it was best to switch sides. Slipping across to Morri's bed Kat plopped down beside her friend. Now consciously aware that she was dirty she didn't touch Morri at all. Feeling alittle embarrassed over her own inability to get past not having a shower she tried to push it down.

Hearing Morri talk about the dance briefly she thought about it but managed to get off the topic and onto JARVEY's. Kat felt at odds with it all. It was obvious where she wanted to go but she wasn't sure she had what it took. The blurb of self doubt seemed to spark a fire in her. Despite feeling entirely down she managed to work up a little courage and drive. Gently nudging Morri she leaned closer before whispering in her ear, her voice still scratchy. "You should come with me to the dance... I uhm need to shower". The sentence while short made Kat want to puke. Acknowledging her feelings made her feel sick to her stomach. Like someone going airborne over a hill while driving. Her stomach turned and her anxiety went into high gear. Outwardly she managed to hide how she felt.

With what she wanted to say said she took a deep breath and stood up. To those that didn't know Kat as well, it would seem like she was just going to shower. But, to Morri the blinking of Kat's necklace and uncharacteristic exit spoke volumes as to her embarrassment. Slipping out of view rather quickly despite her injuries Kat slowly made her way to her dorms showers. Having gotten undressed Kat stood in the mirror. Looking over herself she counted all the black spots covering her body. Touching a few of them she winced as the bruising was still fresh and sensitive. Turning the water on she stepped inside before sitting down. With her legs feeling like jelly after the walk to the dorm she basked in the hot water running down her back. The pain and throbbing of her back slowly began to melt away before she slowly stretched her legs out. After all thats happened, a hot and soothing bath was absolutely needed.

Last edited:
It was genuinely heartwarming to see the headmaster genuinely cheer up at the sight of an old friend. Jack was standing on the sidelines but he was all smiles when he watched the reunion. He averted his eyes to give the two their moment, his salt & peppered hair falling over his honey brown hues but they couldn't hide his grin.

Professor Rubdich perked up when he was addressed and as presumed, he was indeed familiar with their names, lineage, and the implications therein. So, Jack chuckled -what passed for chuckling which was a slight exhalation through his nose- and gave a very dramatic flourish with his wrist as he gave a deep bow to the American equivalent of arcane royalty. Naturally, it was exaggerated but it was clearly done in good humor. They were all adults and colleagues in the league of magic after all.

Though, the subject did quickly turn sour and the burnt man's happy demeanor quickly sobered back into reality. When Jack was questioned his eyes quickly darted to the headmaster and back to the questioning Auror once. Jack may seem like a happy-go-lucky idiot sometimes but he was anything but foolish. He made sure it wasnt apparent on his face but the headmaster did know something and whatever that something was, he wasn't sure if Gil wanted the MACUSA members to know about it.

Professor Rubdich brandished his wand once more and wrote into the air. This time the words were a soft, royal blue in color and floated as if in zero gravity, bobbing up and down ever so slightly. As if the slightest touch would cause the writing to drift off and never stop. It read,

"I was grading test papers when the incident with Ria occured. When the suicide happened, I didn't arrive until the students had been funneled away from the scene. I'm sorry I can't be of more help."

Jack inclined his head respectfully to the Aurors in way of an apology. Moments after, Professor Rubdich looked at his watch and looked directly at the Headmaster. He tapped his watch and made air signs with his hands, as if he was gripping a pen and writing with it. He threw his head in the direction where the Jarvey's took place.

Professor Rubdich quickly wrote out "JARVEY's. Contact me if anything is required of me." Before bowing respectfully and leaving as quietly as he entered.

Charms VI
Martial Magic II

Direct -> Kat | Thomas | Domi
Mentions -> Leo | Head Buch | Prof. Jack

Morri's state seemed to have faltered under the company of Kat, and slowly realizing via gradual awareness that the Rat Pack of wizards and witches has actually came to see her in honor. Why? She'd never truly know other than the superficial layer of a sense of duty and loyalty from the teens. She was by all means grateful, yet something within her purred at a greater emotion. In that moment Morri wondered if Ria felt the same tug. She could feel the thick and heavy air of anxiety and worry in the room. Morri was in another dimension of thought, but with bringing her hands to Stardust, she began to regain some semblance of cognizance. Morri blinked back into reality, only when Katalina's body met Morri's side did her pupils condense back to focus, slightly shaking her head to the gesture. Her mild fear and contemplation was now replaced by curiosity and skepticism. Morri had spent countless summers with Kat, she knew the Duchess and her Russian ways were relatively more diverse in cultural activity. That added to the fact that Kat was a deep empath made it clear why Kat offered a sweet gesture. It was what she interpreted as a need for Morri in the moment. But having her hands on Stardust, she could also feel the cord of vibration to Kat's source of emotional power. There was something else there. Morri could see the fatigue on Kat, but her words stuck with her as she only reassured Morri on her thinking of Katalina's motives. Even after the past week... through emotional and psychological trauma... Kat still kept her faith. It was inspiring. But yet Morri found herself focusing on the girl's odd demeanor in asking her about the dance and then scurrying off. They'd gone to the dance before as a small posse, why was she more nervous this time? Was it because of the grisly events? Because she had a brush with death? She had some good reasons if so.

Thomas and Domi starts to discuss JARVEY's, as Morri sees Professor Jack walk by, no doubt on the way to the test assessments. Morri was secretly relieved when she realized she would miss the JARVEY's. She knew she'd have to make them up sometime soon but it would be best for her in a more private setting. Morri found herself staring at Thomas as he spoke. She wondered who he was going to the dance with. She then looked away when she realized she was actually wondering about who Thomas was going to the dance with. While Kat took a shower, no doubt being protected by Wayiso, Morri got up and stretched her legs, with Chambers studying her intensively. The other infirmary kids were off for testing, and soon it would be time for them as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-17%20dottie-thumb-500x240-149366.gif

As Surveyor Winchester makes his rounds among the campus for intel and observation, Auror Wilkinson tasks Auror Logg with gathering information involving the Snakewood tree and any activity that could be synonymous with a magical beast or entity. Wilk, would take task with Headmaster Agilbert himself, protoge and sensei side by side once again, only this time both were professionals as opposed to pupil and mentor. They were going to tackle the deep stuff, the heavy stuff. They remained in the Headmaster's Quarters as the two officials left not too long after Professor Rubdich did. Winchester would likely drop in JARVEY's and watch students and professors and look for any signs of abnormality with any of the individuals, while Logg would spend time in the courtyard gathering flora and fauna samples from the Snakewood Tree, along with casing the vicinity for whatever he could. He'd probably follow up on people who were around the tree, secondary witnesses. Wilk would tackle the primary witnesses and sources. First and foremost were the ones closest tied to Ria before she died. The Serpent girls. Skopos and Romanova. Winchester and Logg got powerfully extreme looks of fearing respect and skepticism from the students, both returning looks of hope and security. Fontaine simply stared ahead grimly, trying to hold it all together as he and Wilk talked in his quarters. "Gil.... it's just us now. I know that look. I've seen it for 20 plus years. You're carrying something. What is it?"

Agilbert hesitates for a moment, looking at Wilk with remorse. He ponders on telling her or not... wondering if she would befall the same fate as Ria. For the first time in a long time, he was overtly scared. Wilk was the closest thing to a daughter he had, and if he lost her, that last bit of sparkling gleam in his spirit would probably diminish, becoming a cold and dry husk of power and will among the magic community. History had seen someone like that once before... Gellert Grindelwald. Wilk puts a hand on his shoulder. "I'm here old man. But you have to let us help. I can't imagine what you've carried for all the students and staff...but if you want to resolve this thing, you know you have to show me." Agilbert sighs deeply as he nods, knowing she was right already. He leads her to the Pensieve, to take her on the memorial journey he'd ventured to earlier. Back to one week prior. Back to the catalyst.
440f0fda82668f503e4cce0692087a15.gif

source.gif

Wilk: "Oh my God...."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just then... Morri remembered the shoe. She tried her best not to show her split second of panic and heart dropping as she leaned forward swiftly. The shoe she handed Leo! MACUSA was tactile enough to be thorough and seeing how JARVEY's was today he couldn't exactly move it off campus. She felt so bad... why did she have to hand Leo that shoe? The shoe of a victim? The shoe that would probably get him listed as suspect #1. Why didn't she just give it to Buchanan? She clears her throat, as she searched for an answer, her eyes darting back and forth among the floor. She coughed again, unknown to everyone else it was staged. "Nurse Chambers... could I have some water please?" Chambers nodded and swiftly moved into the back wing to fix her some water and probably something else knowing the woman's prestige. Perfect. Thomas and Domi would have to leave soon due to JARVEY's, but Morri grabs them both in close. Kat was showering, Wayiso was protecting her, Chambers was away. The time was now. Morri whispers to them. "Guys.... I need you to do me a favor. Leo, Leopold is his real name I think. The quiet boy, tell him to come see me. And tell him to bring it... he'll know what it means. I know it's a weird request, and I promise it's not drugs or anything... just something imperative."

Chambers then comes back in as Morri strikes on a staged smile, taking the water and sipping it down quickly. Her eyes gaze past the two friends of hers as she almost choked mid-swallow on her water. Her eyes lock on as does Chambers, and soon everyone else would be looking at two figures looking back at them from the entrance of the infirmary. Headmaster Fontaine, and Auror Chasity Wilkinson who is the author of Nexus: Truth of Magic , the very book she was reading before the Snakewood Climb. She was one of the most famous and skilled witches in the known magical world, and the well known bloodline of The Originals shared with Fontaine. Morri blinks rapidly as Wilk smiles and nods at Thomas and Domi, as The Headmaster pats them both on the back, more cheerful than remembered the past week. "Mr. H-H, Ms. LaFleur... this is Chasity Wilkinson, she'll be investigating the occurrences of the campus just to make sure nothing of an outside source is among us. I trust you'll cooperate yes? Until then, you two have JARVEY's to scoot to. Nothing lower than a 33 on each of your favorite subject and I'll see about some pizzas from Greylock's Gobbler. Good luck."

Morri waves to her friends as they leave, an extra look of allure hoping they'll do her a solid. And that she was a little nervous on why the two were there. Morri knew why, it was time. Time for the heavy stuff. The big girl stuff. She was going to have to revisit the past week all over again. All the while they had no idea, Morri had been through her own rendition last night.

Name | Dominique LeFleur
674_78_f.jpg

Location | Infirmary
Tags | Morri, Headmaster, Chasity OppositeInverse OppositeInverse , Katalina Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider , Thomas AI10100 AI10100
Schedule |

Charms VI
Martial Magic III
Caribbean Witchcraft
Advanced Runecraft II
Spiritual Studies I

Dominique nodded when told that arrived at the right time. When Thomas waved at her she nodded in greeting. She made her way over to Morri. “Don’t mention it. I’m fine, I’ve been focused on the JARVEY’s more than anything.” She sat on the edge of the empty bed beside Morri’s. Dominique thought back to the hall meeting and Sabrina’s outburst. “It was what you’d expect, well partially. The headmaster spoke about the accident. His speech was touching. We were told that we should unite and come together in our grief. But Ria’s friend Sabrina disagreed with him. For some reason she believes that he’s hiding something from us all and that he only wants to push the accident under the rug so to speak.” Dominique shrugged her shoulders. She crossed her arms over her chest, listening to Nurse Chambers as she spoke once again. She knew that she wouldn’t be able to stay long, not with the JARVEY’s currently going on. “I’ve been ready for months now. I’ll pass most of them fairly easily.”

To be truthful Dominique had been looking forward to the dance. She enjoyed dressing up and mingling with others, even though it was only to gain important contacts and other beneficial relationships. She had gone with a number of people in the past. Dominique didn’t remember all of their names but she had a good time. Maybe this time she’d switch things up and ask someone herself. Dominique was pulled from her thoughts by the sound of coughing. She looked towards Morri. “Well I should get going. I’d hate to miss the JARVEY’s after studying so much.” She stood. Before Dominique could even take a step she was pulled in by Morri. The young lady eyed her fellow student in equal parts curiosity and mild annoyance.. However she said nothing and only listened. “Hm, I’ll do this for you. But in return you owe me one.” She replied, gently tugs herself free.

Dominique raised a brow when Morri almost choked herself to death on her water. She looked in the direction that the other girl was looking in and froze. Dominique didn’t have a problem with the Headmaster, but the Auror standing next to him was a different story. It wasn’t her as an individual but rather those who were in the profession. Her family had...problems with them in the past. Dominique focused on the Headmaster. She squished the urge to frown when she was pat on the back. “Of course Headmaster, Auror Wilkinson.” With that Dominique made her way to the door, carefully avoiding Wilkinson. She caught Morri’s gaze and offered her a simple nod in return.

Last edited:

E1vtCOwA4.jpg
Interacting: Morri, Kat, Dominique, Fontaine, Wilkinson
Hosp. Wing
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Thomas Richard Holiday
Charms VI
Transfiguration VI
Potions VI
Herbology VI
[Div class="Line"][/div]
The Pukwudgie would be lying if he said that he wasn't a little bit disappointed when Kat invited Morri to the dance. He had been thinking of asking her before, but that all washed down the drain there. However, he would also be lying if he said that he wasn't grinning like an idiot when they only had their attention to each other. Thomas had managed to compose himself again but a smirk still stayed in place as they continued to talk. He watched Kat leave for the bathroom - a flash of worry about her injuries appeared on his face but he calmed down when he saw Wayiso follow to make sure she doesn't keel over and pass out without any of them noticing.

Thomas listened to Dominique's recounting of what had happened in during the meeting at the Great Hall. He distinctly remembered Sabrina stomping down the halls and connected it with Dominique's tale. It made him think, really. What if the Headmaster was hiding something from them? Sabrina had been present during the whole fiasco with Ria back in Thunderbird Tower, so she had her reasons to doubt the Headmaster and how comforting he was during that time. Thomas wanted to speak with her but he doubted he would be a welcome presence. The two never talked too much. Idle conversation between them was only made in the presence of Ria - otherwise, they usually just nodded at each other in greeting.

When Dominique announced that she was going, Thomas stood up as well. "I... uh, I probably should go to. I'm not excused after all." He said, bowing his head at Morri. However, when Morri asked for water and Nurse Chambers was out of earshot, she suddenly asked them for a favor. He looked at her and then to Dominique and just nodded. "Sure." He wasn't exactly sure what exactly would have been the problem upon seeing the shoe with Leo, but he guessed it would be a tad too suspicious to have Ria's shoe.

Morri choking on his drink may or may not have Thomas quickly moving his hand to his wand before turning around to see the reason behind that. And there they were - two familiar faces. Headmaster Fontaine and Head Auror Wilkinson. The latter had offered them a smile and the Headmaster had patted him and Dominique on the back in an uncharacteristically cheerful manner. He had expected the headmaster to be a little more... somber than this. "Ah, yes, of course." He replied as Headmaster Fontaine had explained the situation. But Thomas already knew who the Head Auror was - not only because she was the Head Auror, but because she was Ms. Reimi's boss. The two haven't met, but Thomas remembered seeing her face before when Reimi took him to the MACUSA HQ because he was still relatively young and still fresh from the tragedy.

He turned his attention back at the Headmaster and beamed a smile at him. "I'll be counting on the pizza then, Headmaster." Thomas was rarely confident in his skills, but Transfiguration was always a favorite of his. Thomas waved at Morri as well with a nod before heading out with Dominique to head to their first JARVEY's examination area. Charms, was it?
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Katalina

A short time passing Katalina finally got herself dressed but couldn't manage to re-bandage herself. Coming out of the bathroom she immediately ran into Wayiso standing on the other side of the room. Going to her chest she opened it up before reaching inside and rummaging around. Wincing in pain she stopped rummaging around and closed it, unable to find what she was looking for. Slipping her shoes back on Kat finally made her way out of the dorms and back towards the infirmary. Groups of students passed by her as they made their way to take their Jarveys. Seeing all the eyes on her and feeling the rest made Kat feel incredibly self conscious. The air around her was rich with grief, anguish and yet a budding aura of hope persisted still among the sea of black. Having slowed her walk to filter through the emotions she didn't see the body coming.

Feeling someones shoulder connect with the side of her body Kat grimaced. Reeling from shoulder check Kat heard someones voice. "You pushed her didn't you. Because she got there first." She heard a boy say. The voice deep making her think it was someone in the upper years, maybe even someone in her own year. However, as Wayiso rounded the corner a short distance behind Kat she saw a person look away from her and continue on. Not having gotten a look at him Kat grumbled and rubbed her now throbbing shoulder. Walking back into the Infirmary Kat stopped when she saw the headmaster and someone she vaguely recognized. Having only known who it was through Morri's fangirling in the past Kat realized that it was an Auror. Taking a deep breath Kat slowly walked past the two of them.

However, as she passed Fontaine Kat look over to him. The undeniable anguish that radiated off of him was immediately picked up by Kat. Without saying anything she gave him a hug. Breaking away she made her way back to her bed. Rubbing her shoulder she looked over to Morri who seemed both anxious and... in awe. Unable to hide a smirk she knew that despite everything thats happened, Morri still remained who she was. "I couldn't put my bandages back on. Whenever we have some time could I have that taken care of." Kat spoke, her voice still airy. With the questions coming Kat decided not to tell Morri about what someone said to her, they were already going to have to deal with quite abit.​

Leo Fischer
Leo stretched his arms, feeling the muscles in his back pop from the movement. He shut the book that was resting on his lap, standing up and placing it on his dresser. The studying had felt weird to say the least. It seemed almost wrong to return to routine after the events of the past day. Leo had tried to rationalize it, telling himself that there wasn't really anything else to do. The school hadn't recovered from Ria's death, not by a long shot, but JARVEYs provided an easy and understandable distraction from the events. The results of the upcoming tests meant a lot for the futures of the students taking them, determining for many if they could continue to pursue their interests on a professional level. Leo would do more snooping around once the tests for the day had finished, when Ria had returned to everyone's thoughts. He sighed, the thoughts dismaying and not at all productive.

He made his way from his room, entering the now clean common room. There were still students who seemed to be trying to burn the words of their textbooks into their eyes, flipping frantically through pages, some too fast for them to absorb even a tenth of what they saw. Leo mentally wished them luck, even as he calmly though of his own JARVEYs. Whatever he was going to do with his life wouldn't relate to MACUSA or any other magical congress or government entity, so he didn't put as much stock in his results as others needed to, even if test-taking was a fortunate skill of his.

As he weaved through the students remaining in the common room, he picked up bits of the conversations around him. Eavesdropping was now a habit for him, and though it wasn't well-mannered in any sense, if nobody knew, nobody could be hurt or annoyed by it. Apparently MACUSA had arrived. As always, Leo's mood soured at the thought of the organization. He dwelled on it enough for his lips to tilt into a frown, but then he shook his head and tried to distract himself. If he was busy thinking about MACUSA, his results would undoubtedly worsen. Even if he didn't care about doing amazing on his JARVEYs, receiving scores that were lower than he expected would hurt his pride. And so, Leo moved himself away from the continuing conversation and headed for the Charms exam room.

[IMG='width:536px;']https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/3YSzYAtFZPj2htCRkATDgMOkZjVAp9jgP516obGeHs2P0LeSmRAVg5xEmlc74i4nG0lZpHO9-dg7d6xgoEHFOCNEOI5amva8UZ7W-_TEl7mCExxb-V6Atm6sNF43jJoEj7IU2V_5[/IMG]
Dean Rosery
Interacting: Sabrina
Defense Against the Dark Arts VII

Herbology VII

Enchantments III

Advanced Magical Theory II

*TA in Charms I & II

As Dean finished up preparing students for their exams he realized that he could no longer tolerate not knowing where Sabrina was. Luckily one of the students that Dean had been helping said that she had seen her earlier that morning taking refuge in one of the girl dorm rooms that happened to have an extra bed. Though Dean was relieved to know that Sabrina hadn’t tried to leave Ilvermorny yet he wasn’t quite satisfied so he asked the student if she could fetch Sabrina for him and while she was at it to check to make sure that no other students were still asleep. After a couple minutes the girl returned with Sabrina and right away Dean could tell that Sabrina hadn’t gotten any sleep though of course he wasn’t surprised. The second thing he noticed was that she seemed to refuse to make eye contact with him but with everything happening Dean decided to let it go. Even though she wasn’t looking at him Dean could tell that there were things she wanted to say so he waited but it seemed that she was holding back so Dean decided to speak first. “ I want you to know that I understand if you are not up for taking the exams but if you don’t then I suggest that you go to the infirmary at least until the tests are over”. Dean prepared for a harsh response remembering her display she put on in the dining hall yesterday which made him doubt that she cared at all about the exams at this point but she simply nodded and said: “I’ll go to the infirmary” in a quiet voice that Dean almost didn't hear. Dean then nodded in agreement and motioned for a 6th-year prefect to go with her just in case she had other plans.

Not long after Sabrina left the tower the first bell rang and students started collecting their stuff and made their way to their midterms, JARVEYS, and 7th-year Evaluations. Dean ran up to his room and grabbed his supplies while making sure all boys were up and getting ready to leave. Dean had to make sure that everyone was out of the tower before he would leave because he didn’t trust people to be alone in the tower after whatever happened. He still couldn’t wrap his head around what happened that night to Ria even though he was right there. As the last students trickled out into the hall and Dean being the only student in the tower he tried to put together the events of that night because he knew that sooner or later he would be questioned and wanted to have his story straight but at that moment being alone in the tower and no longer occupied with countless duties the guilt of yesterday started to creep back into his mind and although he tried to expunge it he had little success. All he could think was that he should have stayed with Ria in the infirmary and although he wasn't quite sure what had caused her to leave the infirmary he wasn't completely sure what events followed. Dean was never one to just sit on his guilt and he always believed that if you are a part of the problem then it's up to you to create the solution so being alone in the tower he wondered if perhaps if he hurried he could sneak into Ria’s room and maybe find something that could explain it all but there was another problem which was that not only was that against the rules which he swore to uphold but also he could hinder MACUSA’s investigation. The latter was what he was more worried about at this point. Dean decided that he would wait and see how seriously MACUSA was taking this investigation but if they weren't putting all their effort into figuring this out he would have to consider taking things into his own hands. Reflecting on this made Dean feel better but only slightly.

When Dean returned to reality he suddenly realized that he literally only had a few minutes to get across the school to TA for 1st and second-year charms midterms. Dean contemplated running but knew he would be the biggest hypocrite around, remembering the times he may have used the Trinus sursum tripping jinx on students that didn’t stop when told to do so. He was always a little surprised that he didn’t get in trouble even though he was permitted to dispense punishment he was almost certain that this wasn't included though he figured that the students just thought that he had permission to do so. Dean decided that his lateness would most be held against him since this behavior was uncommon for him so he decided to take his time and perhaps he would be able to catch students who were trying to ditch the exams on the way.

Last edited:

Charms VI
Martial Magic II

Direct -> Kat |
Mentions -> Leo | Head Buch | Domi | Thomas

Morri felt a bit of pressure leave her soul when Domi and Thomas both gave them her respect and nod as they headed to their JARVEY's. She wondered what Domi would ask for when the time came. She watched them leave, her expression lightening up just a bit watching Thomas nod to her. When Kat came back into the hospital wing, Morri smiles as she hugs the Headmaster, ignorant of the events that happened outside the infirmary such as the Insubordination by her favorite teacher Professor Buchanan. And especially the Dining Hall Incident with Sabrina and The Headmaster himself. Morri found herself looking at her best friend who was squeaky clean and smelled fresh smirking back at her in a teasingly sharp expression. Morri knew exactly what it was for. Kat had been on the receiving end of Morri reading Auror Wilkinson's book aloud for the entire year, and even before that hearing her roommate talk about the woman in the newspapers, the headlines showing her in action flying across the skies with her team of aurors, like a heroic army. She was Superman to Morri, and Kat knew that all too well. Morri gives her an unspoken gaze of embarrassment as she shakes her head for the girl to cut it out. Nurse Chambers smiles... actually smiles and shakes Wilk's hand as she welcomes her to the wing. "Pleasure to meet you Auror. I wish it was under different circumstances. How's everything in Woolworth?" Wilk nods in respect. "Ugh, bureaucrats and magic litigation. But I can't complain, everytime I'm in the field it's for fatal circumstances.." She stops talking when she realized the kids were still around, especially given what happened not even a day ago. She clears her throat and directs her attention to Morri and Kat.

"This must be the two in front of the tree. The ones who tried to save the girl. I want to humbly say I appreciate your efforts, both of you. Ms. Romanova for your bravery to engage, and Ms. Skopos for your daring thinking in the time of critical need. i'm going to tell you the same thing I told Gil here, we're going to get to the bottom of this... rather that be something more nefarious at hand... or maybe just a very very tired and sick girl who felt there was no other way."

Morri looks away for a moment, Headmaster's face appearing a bit disdained for a moment as well. They may have been a school, but they all felt like a big messy family in these times. As long as they stuck together, things were going to be okay. Wilk's eyes dart over to Morri's wand, but also catching glimpse of her very own book. The book Morri was reading before everything started. A sense of flattery overcame Wilk as she moves to the book and smiles, and then trailed back to Morri's very rare wand. "I think I remember this wand... Mulberry... Horned Serpent core? This was custom made, oh! You're her daughter!? That woman is as great of a soul as they come. It makes sense now... why you're popular around here. Even though your mother is a squib, I know that woman's determination. And you have her eyes." Morri almost had a face like a deer caught in headlights. Gerra knew Chasity Wilkinson!? All those summers she'd read in the paper, all those book readings, Morri never bothered to ask her mom who or how much she knew. Damn. "Wow... th-that's amazing!" Wilk raises a hand and waves it. "She probably doesn't remember me, but I was there when she came running in frantic about her baby girl almost rumbling the house apart. She was so panicked and she called me a life saver for processing the registering of the wand. Something small for me was so big to her. She really cares about you, I knew that much the day I looked in her eyes all those years ago..." Wilk takes Morri's book, and brings out her own wand, before using a magic spell to write and sign her name in Morri's book, making Morri scream on the inside. Definitely made her grim morning better. She sets the book and wand back down on her tray, before looking to Kat. "You must be roommates yes? You draw strength from each other. Good. Never let anyone or anything break that bond." She then sighs, always hating to go into professional mode. She pats Headmaster Fontaine on the back as she uses her wand to slide the chair Thomas was sitting in earlier over to her knees, sitting down as she took a deep breath. "What I need you two to do right now is just breathe. Clear your heart. Clear your mind. Let today go. Yesterday go. Last week go. Close your eyes... breathe."

Morri takes a deep inhale, and then exhale as she releases her inner turmoil, the grief, the fear... all of it. She grabs Stardust as it jolts through her body, making her feel empowered and composed. "Nice necklace... never seen anything like it before." Morri replied in a meditative state "My mother gave it to me. Said it was an heirloom." Wilk eyed Stardust curiously as she focused back onto the girls. " You know what has to happen now right? I have to be that person. Question you. I'm on your side. I'll be here for you. So just know that no matter what happens, I got your back. BUT...you have to be frank with me. Yeah?" Morri looks to Kat, a mild layer of anxiety on her face before returning confident and nodding in certainty to Wilk. Wilk leans in towards the girls, looking right into their eyes. She'd done this for years. She was the elite, there was no escaping her gaze of truth. Even the most stubborn have subsided. "Why were you two at the tree? What was going on that day that masses of students happened to be there before classes? And more importantly, when did Ria get there?" Morri cleared her throat, trying to meet her idol's eyes but was too shook from the recall. "We were going to climb the Snakewood Tree. That entire week had been so damp and bland from Ria's scare... Kat just wanted to do something to get everyone hype. Give them exciting moods and something to buzz about instead of just sad stuff. We planned it a few days before, it spread like wildfire. Ria was in the infirmary, in that bed over there. We just wanted to cheer people up." Morri's throat gets heavy. "I cast a smoke screen to cover Kat climbing up the tree so professors would think we were practicing for JARVEY's..." Morri looks at Headmaster Fontaine, a bit of shame in her eyes. "And then Kay went up... and a.... shoe fell. Ria's shoe." Headmaster Fontaine looks shocked, as he leans back in revelation. "That's when Head Buchanan came and asked what was happening... and my wand, it vibrated. It told me, it told us all what was coming. I had to react. I saw Kat and Ria falling... I swear Headmaster I swear I cast to stop her. I slowed Kat and I stopped her... but she--" Morri tears up as she sniffles and wipes her eyes away, clenching the bed with a furious grip. "She said no. Just cancelled it and fell into the smoke. I'll never get the look of her eyes out of my mind. She looked so--" Wilk interrupts: "In Pain?" Morri shakes her head. "No, she looked so peaceful. So non-chalant." Wilk nods solemnly, then turning to Kat. "Okay, so fill me in on the gap... the part where she's up in the tree, before she fell." She listened to Kat, all the while writing notes down on a small pad from her pocket. "And the shoe, where's the shoe now?" Morri sighed as she rubbed the back of her neck. "I panicked when Head Buchanan came up, so I gave it to another student. His name is Leo Fischer... but he's innocent I brought him into this. A quiet kid that keeps to himself. Sorry Headmaster, I didn't know it was Ria's specifically until she fell."

Headmaster Fontaine shakes his head and smiles, putting hands on both the girl's shoulders. "You had no idea she was up there right? If that's true then there was no way you would've ever known. Which reminds me..." Headmaster leans a head back to Nurse Chambers and Wayiso. "How did Ria manage to leave here with no one seeing her?? Were you not on your rounds?" Nurse Chambers walked up with a stern but sad face. "I was mixing and brewing the medicine for that day, Ria's and the others... when I came into the infirmary, she was already gone..." Wayiso then walked up, his height still not meeting Wilk's though she was seated. "Damn. Kids. I always say don't do anything human-y... and they always do. The Potomac girl asked me to find her a cloth to wash her face with, so naturally I go to the bathroom to find something to put on the cloth so I can prank the skingirl.. when I came out she was gone." It would seem like the world stopped turning, as Wilk's gaze turns fire. She stands up and towers over Wayiso, and for the first time, all humor in the Pukwudgie left the campus. Morri's heart even raced, as Chambers even looked a bit wary. Wilk speaks to the small tenant. "You think this is funny Pukwudgie? Because of your lapsed seconds trying to find a way to annoy an already broken girl, you may have very well been the difference to spot her had you done your duty. A human life is gone, and as much as you and your kind don't like us very much, we are still souls with feelings and aspirations." Wilk found herself clutching her wand a bit too tight, her crystal eyes had steam behind them, as Headmaster Fontaine calms everyone and looks to Wayiso. "I know you are independent, and I know as much as you hate to admit it you care about these kids... but maybe sometimes the best calm isn't a rinse, it's a steady breeze." Wayiso looks down at the ground, silent, as he grunts and looks to Chambers before walking away to brew potions. It was the first time he looked sad in Morri's memory of him.

Wilk looks to Headmaster Fontaine "Gil, who else needs questioning?" Fontaine thinks for a moment, and responds. "Professor Buchanan, he's an animagus so maybe he saw something we didn't but he-- I'll... tell you later. Leo Fischer. I know him, real quiet. Sweet boy. Thomas Holleyway was there as well, the boy we saw upon entry. Abner DeForrest seemed to have noticed the rout before it happened, and went to Head Buchanan and Head Goldstein, so them as well. It'd be good intel for what happened last week too, since he was there with me. Perhaps Head Boy and Head Girl Dean Rosier and Carmella Adams. They were in the tower that night and kept everyone downstairs after the scare. I'll make an announcement as well, for anyone at the Snakewood Tree and courtyard to convene at a time after JARVEY's convenient for you and your team Wilk." Wilk nods and flips her notepad closed, as she looks back to the two girls. "Thank you for your honesty. You did nothing wrong... well, aside from trying to climb the nation's tallest tree... but I get it. You were trying to do something you felt was right. Always follow that instinct. And Ms. Skopos, I know you're resting up for JARVEY's but I can't wait to see your results. I see an Auror in the making." Morri blushes a bit as she smiles and looks at Kat, before losing her smile and trying to act cool about it. "Thanks."

They head out to leave, Nurse Chambers looking a bit grieved and shamed for internal reasons. Suddenly Wilk stops in her tracks, turning back to the girls exercising that elite instinct that's gotten her so far and successful. "Is there anything else you guys can provide? No matter how small or random? It always helps." Morri froze as Wilk looked at her, almost like she was expecting something more from them. And then it hit Morri.

The Dream. The Nightmare. The... whatever the hell it was. Just then Sabrina Andrews walked into the infirmary and froze in her steps when she saw Headmaster Fontaine. She pierces into his eyes before looking at Auror Wilkinson and seemingly relenting her strict tension. She looked as though she wanted to say something, but looked at Morri and Kat with a twinge of remorse, before coldly looking to Nurse Chambers. "I'll come back another time." She starts out the door as Headmaster Fontaine calls her name, but she keeps walking. "I have evaluations. If there was anything else I was hiding I'd tell you." She says snarky was she leaves the wing. Agilbert sighs as he looked to Wilk sorely. "...and probably the one you want to question the most is her. Sabrina Andrews: Ria's Roommate."

Last edited:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM Post

Juxtaposed Assessments for Reviewing Versatile Experienced Youth

Charms:

-> Jack Rubdich
-> Students Excluding Kat and Morri

The day was upon them. Ilvermorny was now in mid-terms... namely the JARVEY testings. Students had been preparing for this most of their academic careers. And now, after 6 years they had come to the tests that would define their stature in the magical community and the world as they knew it. First up for the day was Charms. Head of Wampus and Charms Professor Carter Hicks awaited and greeted Professor Rubdich as he entered, shaking his hand and embracing him in a mini hug of respect. Many of the staff had nothing but love for Jack, who else can lose what he's lost and walk alive from an encounter with an angry dragon? "Hey Professor. Thanks again for the help. It was supposed to be my assistant Dean but he had to roll down to the fresh years and monitor them. So the itinerary is on the desk there." Once Jack had a moment to look at the schedule, he would see the following, and then be able to administer the same order to the students:

• Written Charms Exams
  • Levitation Charm Demonstration
  • Cheering Charm Demonstration (Added for morale boost)
  • Deprimo Demonstration on blocks of wood.
  • Protego Charm Demonstration
  • Test Wrap: Patronus Charm Demonstration.
Head Hicks was the grandson of former esteemed professor Eulalie Hicks. He's one of the best wizards of his time when it comes to defensive charms spells. So not only were the students getting the best Charms training in North America, they would be getting it quite possibly in the world. He sets up each desk with an exam, and allows Professor Jack to prepare how he sees fit. As they set up, a knock on the door and the appearance of a man with a stern smile enters in and shakes Head Hicks' hand. It was a man already seen by Jack, it was the Surveillor of Activity for the MACUSA investigation, Johnathan Winchester. "Head Hicks, your reputation proceeds you. I'm Surveyor Winchester of MACUSA. Must be big shoes, filling your grandmother's reputation." Head Hicks humbly laughs as he leans back on the desk. "Understatement of the year, I'm just trying to do right by these kids, man. They've been through so much. We can't express enough how grateful we are for your help." Winchester nods to both the men. "Wilk is a walking embodiment of solution. I'm going to do my best to gather intelligence here. It's my job to literally sit back and observe. Not interfere. I won't be doing any questioning, that's Auror Logg and Wilk's job. You mind if I sit in on your JARVEY's? Might see something that would otherwise go unnoticed."

"By all means." Head Hicks says as the students start to trickle in. He keeps a warm smile as they entered, hopefully Jack would do the same. Head Hicks knew that Professor Rubdich cared about the kids very much, given his history it's understandable why. Now, all they could do was try to maintain a sense of normalcy and mundanity as the day started forward. The morning had begun and another day in the life of Ilvermorny was anew. To think just two weeks prior morale and campus life was bustling like some lively musical, and now things were more drab than they've been in recent school history. The students would come in to see Surveyor Winchester in a corner, nodding and smiling at them, but not saying one word nor interacting with them. Sabrina Andrews wanders by the class, silent and sharp in her facial expression as she and Head Hicks lock eyes for a moment, before she moves on to her 7th Year evaluations. So the school would think.

She looked at the last few remaining 6th Years pour into their first JARVEY's. "Good luck."

Name | Dominique LeFleur
image0.png

Location |JARVEY’S
Tags |Thomas AI10100 AI10100 , Leopold FireFlare FireFlare
Schedule |

Charms VI
Martial Magic III
Caribbean Witchcraft
Advanced Runecraft II
Spiritual Studies I

Dominique relaxed a tad once she left the Infirmary. She began to think about Morri’s request. She was beyond curious about what this Leopold person was suppose to be bringing to her. Maybe she’d be able to weasel some information out of him. The whole situation had caught Dominique’s. She wasn’t someone who liked being left out of something, especially if it was important.The young girl glanced at Thomas. The two of them weren’t what she’d call close. The two of them were from different houses and didn’t have the same social circles, save for Morri of course. However she could recall times when they spoke in class or were paired up in class. Their talks had only pertained to their work. Dominique looked forward once again. She didn’t want him to feel as if she was trying to peer into his soul. She’d been told that her gaze could be intense.

“You wouldn’t happen to have any idea about what Morri was referring to would you?” She asked casually. Dominique figured since that they seemed to be closer he’d maybe have some idea of what Morri had been talking about. Dominique watched as students rushed or walked to the examination room. Some of them looked nervous while others were downright excited. Dominique believed that she’d do wonderfully. Charms happened to be one of her strong suits. Not to mention all of the studying that she’d had done.

Dominique began to move towards the 7th years section when suddenly she paused. She looked to Thomas with a raised eyebrow. “Do you have any idea what this Leopold person looks like or what year he’s in?” She asked. Dominique supposed that they’d have to look around and ask, but she really didn’t want to do that. Though if it came down to that there wasn’t much that she could do.

Dominique sat down and waited for the written part of the test to be handed out. Once the papers were given to them she began with ease. Dominique breezes through the written half, there were some questions that caused her to pause but after thinking it over she was able to answer. Dominique was confident in herself. Charms happened to be one of her best subjects. After the written section was over Dominique handed her paper in. Next they were on to Levitation Charm. Dominique’s movements were graceful and relaxed as she cast the spell. “Wingardium Leviosa.” The feather floated into the air and Dominique smiled.

Last edited:
Jack was all smiles when greeted Mr. Hicks. It was a shame to hear about Dean but everyone at Ilvermorny knew that if you needed a helping hand, Burnt Black Jack would go out of his way to do so. Students definitely knew and faculty doubly so.

Professor Rubdich raised his head to spy the young Sabrina Andrews wishing the newer students luck and considering what had happened the other day, Jack felt his heart strings pluck for the poor girl. He waited til she looked inside one last time for Jack to give her a polite nod and waved at her. She looked like she was in a dark place and Professor Rubdich understood to some degree.

Few understood loss like he did.

The loss of a friend, parent, sibling, perhaps. But the loss of a child was... world shattering to say the least, let alone two at once.

The professor turned his gaze over to the auror and he gave the man a kind smile, bowing his head respectfully before focusing on the children that now inhabited the once empty seats. They were comically nervous though one could tell they were trying very hard to suppress it.

Professor Rubdich wrote clearly into the air with glowing gold lines, "WELCOME!" . He had proctored JARVEY'S before and knew the rules that he had to explain to the classroom full of 6th year students. Once everything was said and done for the written section of Charms and the students were underway, Jack had to mentally check himself from "laughing" or his equivalent to laughing anyway.

When one couldn't speak or make any significant sound, one learned to listen very well. To read body language like an open book.

So, to Jack at least, it was quite obvious from the start who were the students that were trying to sneak peeks even though they did their damndest to hide it. However, there was an Auror in the room and the professor truly wanted the kids to pass. If they failed, he wanted them to fail because of their weaknesses, not because of foolish choices, such as cheating off a neighbor.

Jack would walk up and down the aisles and when he spied a student getting the tiniest bit shifty, he would tap his wand on their desk and force them to look at him. The man would shake his head ever so lightly. Sometimes, the most minor of body language can speak much louder than words ever could. "Don't try it. Not here." His eyes said.

Luckily, there weren't many of those and nipping the flowers at the bud proved very effective. Whether it be fear of getting caught or something else, but all the students poured themselves fully into their work now.

Professor Rubdich nodded to Head Hicks (after all, this was his show, not Jack's) and made his way over to where the Auror had seated himself. Jack stood beside him silently watching the students alongside the man and allowing himself a breath of relief.

The scratching of pens on paper brought some sense of normalcy back to the man and it helped shake off some of the feelings he had within him. With all the despair going around, it was wearing down on the kind instructor's nerves.

tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#e1dcc6; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time without doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// // Nurse Chambers // // Thomas // // Reimi // [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

E1vtCOwA4.jpg
Interacting: Dominique, Wendy
Charms Classroom
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Thomas Richard Holiday
Charms VI
Transfiguration VI
Potions VI
Herbology VI
[Div class="Line"][/div]
Thomas had expected to make the trek back to the Charms Classroom in complete silence. After all, his own thoughts had shifted from the incident to JARVEY's to breakfast. With his insistence to stay at the Hospital Wing, he had only gotten a few bites of breakfast that Wayiso had given them. Thomas had been used to cooking his own breakfast most of the time since he always seems to wake up during a time when breakfast wasn't ready yet. It's one of the reasons why he's frequently seen in the kitchens. Of course, he has eaten his own fair share from the House Elves himself since they actually make good food. He just likes making it himself since he's been accustomed to doing it.

He was snapped back to his thoughts when Dominique spoke, his stomach settling down. "Uh..." He thought back to the even at Snakewood Tree. He stared forward as he tried to think about it. "A... shoe, I think?" Thomas replied honestly as he scratched his cheek. He didn't think it was too much of a secret. Before he could elaborate on it though, they've reached the classroom and he looked back at her as she continued on with her question. He gave her a small smile. "Leo... uh I don't know how to describe him. Brown hair, kinda looks shy? He should be around here though. Thunderbird, sixth year." He gave her a nod. "Uh, good luck!"

Thomas headed out to one of the desks near one of his good friends Wendy Duschant. She was your average student with average grades. However, Wendy is one of Pukwudgie's Quodpot players and she's been a rising star. She plans a career revolving around the sport and she always excitedly talks about it. Thomas waved at her and she waved back before excitedly launching into her latest rant for the day. However, she was quickly silenced when Professor Rubdich had welcomed them - and Sabrina had passed by to say good luck - and then the papers flew towards them.

He had wasted no time in answering, rarely lifting his head to look at the ceiling above - as if searching for answers that wouldn't appear there. Thomas would quickly look back down though and continued answering. He did well in Charms and he remembered most of the answers to the questions, but he wasn't sure if he aced it. The papers were taken after a set amount of time and it was on to the Levitation Charm.

Thomas had brandished his wand and then waved it in the proper moment and chanted, "Wingardium Leviosa." The feather had floated and he smiled at himself happily - looking at Professor Rubdich and Professor Hicks with excitement in his eyes as if he wasn't sure he would succeed. He wondered how he would fare on the next few exams.
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Last edited:
Katalina

Mentions:
Fontaine, Wilkinson, Morri

Watching Morri carefully, the girls excitement culminated in shooting a glance to Kat. Pursing her lips and then biting on them she kept herself from teasing Morri anymore than she already did. The little bit of fun was over as the voice of Wilkinson spoke up once more. However, it took a different turn of events. Kat knew all about Morri and her mother. But, she didn't know everything, let alone what was now being said. Kat sat silently, her eyes while moving to who was speaking, seemed distant and focused. Taking a deep breath Kat began to internally freak out, her anxiety over having to relive the emotions of the past week started to bubble rapidly to the surface. Feeling the warmth on her chest she focused on the feeling rather than her racing mind. However, recounting it all wasn't going to be easily, let alone correct. Her mind was still jumbled, and now with her anxiety driving her internal machinery crazy she knew it wouldn't be cohesive.

"What I need you two to do right now is just breathe. Clear your heart. Clear your mind. Let today go. Yesterday go. Last week go. Close your eyes... breathe."

A thought entered her mind, something she wouldn't even consider. The events of the past week had changed that entirely. For the first time in her life Kat was playing out the idea of letting someone into her head other than Morri... on a level Morri couldn't reach without formal training. Her own drives and terrors brought it up and to the forefront of her mind. JARVEY's, Death, Grief and an extreme fear of loss made for something Kat was barely able to contain. With Morri done giving her side of the story she knew that the eyes were to be on her once more. Choking up at first Kat finally managed to cohesively form a sentence. "I... I think I know... this." Kat spoke, her personality upended by the prospect of what she was considering. Blood running cold she felt her body react, goosebumps forming and her hair standing up slightly she gazed at Morri for a few moments. Staring into her eyes Kat felt her body warm, her fear being consumed by love and care.

Taking her wand she made a gesture against her temple. Having wanted to be a Legilimens Kat knew what it entailed. Her entire being would be streamed to Wilkinson, all her thoughts, emotions, memories and desires. Kat also understood the process, the mind was not simple. The human mind was complex... incredibly complex. It was not mind reading, that was for story books. The reality of it is far more than that. Making the final decision Kat broke her momentary silence, only moments passing from the point Morri stopped talking. Feeling a pressure on her shoulders Kat looked to see Fontaine. Stuttering slightly Kat slipped her necklace under her shirt to keep the glow from blinking "Legilimency, I-I I think you should use it." Kat rasped out, her voice still airy. "O-on me, I cant.. articulate what I need to..." The feeling slammed her again, the want to just disappear or blow up.

However, the fear of losing or seeing Morri hurt kept her glued to where she was. She was terrified, not only of someone knowing who she was on a deep level, but over everything. Morri had an episode like Ria, it hand't been long before Ria killed herself. Now, fearing a repeat Kat steeled herself as much as she could. "Im sure this is what is needed.... though it wont be easy for either of us..." Kat spoke still sounding apprehensive. In the end, it wasn't because she wanted to, but because she needed to. She couldn't imagine losing Morri, the thought made her want to cry... the fear of loss far stronger than the fear of opening up. Closing her eyes Kat knew this wouldn't be fun, mentally she prepared herself to relive all of it.. even the void that once was Ria's being.

Charms VI
Martial Magic II

Direct -> Kat
Mentions -> Thomas
NPC -> MACUSA | Fontaine | Nurse Chambers

(( Leaving it to the rest of you guys to proceed with JARVEYs ))

Morri almost had a heart attack with her eyes as Kat had not only suggested, but allowed the notion of letting Auror Wilk inside her mind via Legilimens. She wouldn't even let Head Goldstein do that, and he was the community's foremost expert on the mind and magic! Morri quietly stammered, wanting to speak out to make sure this was what her best friend really wanted, but Kat looked so beaten and worn down that she figured it best not to push her further. If she'd made a big decision like that, then she'd probably been through all the mental hoops Morri was about to give her anyways. Morri watched as Headmaster Fontaine stood up from crouching as Wilk leaned forward in the chair towards Kat, a small smile on her face as she peered into her roommate's eyes. Morri could only imagine that Wilk had done things like this many times over in her field work, but to see it live and up close only to be performed on her best friend was the epitome of bittersweet. Morri even sat herself upright and scooted over the edge of the bed, watching the power exchange between the two. The Headmaster moves over to Morri's side, placing a stout hand on her shoulder as they both watched. She could feel his resonance of confidence yet concernment from the touch. Wilk places a very light and optimal hand on Kat's shoulder, nodding to the girl in assured manner. "Are all students as brave? Or is it just you two? Ms. Romanova. I promise you there will be relatively no discomfort for you. I've done this plenty of times, and the fact you're letting me in makes this a zillion times easier. It will be easy. I assure you. Thank you."

Wilk takes her unique wand and closes her eyes, whispering the Legilimens incantation as a blurry aura surrounds the wand and Kat's frontal lobe. It all came to Wilk's mind and vision simultaneously like a book being read from a distant past. The information was bearing itself into the Auror's mind as her eyes moved to and fro while they remained shut. She was pulling it all.

Snakewood Tree, the rumble and grumble of thunder overhead. Kat's necklace picking up emotional static, things swirling. Morri reading the book Wilk wrote herself. Then the gathering of masses of students. Fumos spell. Kat was off, then from above she looked down to see the students become distant. Climbing, climbing. Feelings of anxiety. Thunder. A snap, a black object falling. Vision to Ria Potomac, there she was. Her face... her expression... nothing. It was just like she'd seen in the Pensieve shown by Fontaine. Something had sapped her, something she'd seen and experienced. Wilk releases a stunted breath at the magnificence. Kat reaching out, screaming. Feeling the void and relent of all emotion. Ria's body falls, Kat tumbles. A very shaking and spinning image of a girl below shooting off two bright lights of spells. Morri. Then, nothing. Next was the infirmary. Many students looking and sickly, but all of them covertly staring at Kat and Morri. Visitors, the Thomas boy caring for them. Chambers, Wayiso. Night, in and out of consciousness... fading into the morning. A slam! Morri running, everyone panicked and checking on her. Bed drenched in sweat....

Wilk opens her eyes as she slowly looks over to Morri, in which the steel willed girl's heart plummeted faster than the Titanic. Ice replaced her blood as she figured what it was about. The Nightmare. "Gil... she had a dream. A nightmare." Headmaster Fontaine deepens his look of concern as her grimly looks to her, his attention fully on her as was the rest of the hospital wing's. Unknown to everyone else, it was a familiar tug to a week ago for Headmaster Fontaine. Nurse Chambers rushed to grab some water and three small jars on a tray. She sets them beside the two girls as she looks to Kat first. "I know how you feel about potions, so for the healing phase I want to use this, bruise removal paste. Nurse Chambers starts to rub the paste on all of Kat's sensitive bruises and the main areas of damage. "Your bones however will remain tender so don't think you're invincible. You're not going to be climbing any trees anytime soon do you understand me?" She then set the second jar down for both of them. It was labeled Peace Shot. "Both of you take this. Just one tablespoon. It'll subdue the anxiety you may be feeling. This isn't a request." She nods to the girl as the Headmaster and Wilk nod in respect to the Nurse, as Wayiso was still nowhere to be found as of late. Morri takes her spoon as she looks to Wilk and Fontaine. Damn, this was the first time she wished she was actually taking a test. She knew they were going to pressure her about her dream. That's all it was! It had to be. It was just a lucid dream.

"It was just a lucid dream." Morri replies casually, not making eye contact with Kat, but managing to stare at Wilk. Wilk puckers her lips as she lowers her head and then empathically looks at Morri. "Lucid dreams don't make people run into the bathroom and curl up sweetie. Morri everyone in this room... hell, this school knows how strong you are. You hear me? But... now's the time to be vulnerable. You have your roommate with you, The Headmaster, Nurse Chambers... and me. You read my book yet I find myself being very much a fan of you. Morri, I know what fear looks like. In my line of work it's a prerequisite. It hides behind a solemn wall. Don't be afraid to let that wall down right now. It's okay. I promise you, I will not let anything happen to you. I've made that promise 665 times in my career. I've never failed one of them. Tell me Morri... what did you dream?"

Nurse Chambers then opens the third jar, secretly downing the contents. The label on the jar said 'Whiskey'. Morri closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and when she opened them her face was as stoic as ever. Kat had braved a fear of hers, why not Morri too? She always struggled with letting people see her weak. She felt like she had to uphold her rep as the baddest witch around. But, this was much more dire than some social image. This could very well have been the same thing Ria went through. Her heart was racing, but the time was now. Stardust flickered on her neck as she boldly stares at Fontaine and Wilk.

"Okay. I'll tell you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back