• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft & Wizardry

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Leo Fischer
Leo partnered with the same Thunderbird he had in the charms exam. The two repeated their conversation from earlier, only substituting the spell names for new ones. They finished with nods to each other before separating to the appointed distance. Leo watched his partner begin the movements for the switching spell, his brow furrowing as his movements slowed, just slightly, before his speed picked back up. Leo waited in hesitance before his feet were suddenly surrounded by a lot more space than his own shoes afforded him. He glanced down and he could see a larger, but still recognizable, pair of shoes on his feet. His gaze then went back up, to his partner and Leo's own pair of shoes, leaving the brunette to lament the inevitable stretching that would occur in the footwear.

He allowed his shoes a quick moment of silence before he raised his wand. Leo began the spell's movements, not pausing as his partner had, but not as definite as some others were. He focused on his partner's tie, finishing off the spell. He felt the fabric around his neck loosen, but then a thought came to mind as his eyes darted back up just in time to see his partner's hand fly to his neck, pulling the knot farther down, easing the death grip it had formed around his airway. Leo winced and mouthed a quick 'sorry'. His partner gave him an unimpressed look before rolling his eyes and motioning for them to switch back. They did so without problem, both of their movements more assured, if just slightly.

The last portion of the test was the real challenge. While any student could harm the rest, there were a limited amount of those who could elevate the group. It was a silent separation by the students themselves, making it clear who they trusted to handle the larger objects. Leo knew not to overextend himself. He had cast Evanesco on a seat, but he'd left its return to another student. He knew his limits, and while he might be able to handle some of the larger stuff in a different setting, a roomful of students wasn't it. "Inanimatus Conjurus," he spoke, bringing into being a couple of inkwells and quills through multiple uses of the spell. When the smaller objects had been taken care of, Leo set to work returning some of the other conjured items to their proper spot before the students declared the room finished.
Charms VI
Defense Against the Dark Arts VI
Transfiguration VI
Advanced Martial Magic I
Care of Magical Creatures IV

At the castle

cropped-hohenzollern-castle-germany-29106-2880x18002.jpg

Direct -> Buch | Prof. Jack
NPC -> Newsman | Fontaine

tumblr_onibv5NVRw1w90g2ro1_250.jpg

Headmaster Fontaine knocks on the door of Professor Rubdich as he enters in with a respectful nod to the man. Agilbert runs a hand through his hair, trying his best not to seem more stressed than he actually was. He adjusts his robes accordingly, looking around Jack's place and taking in all the memorabilia from his past accomplishments and life, including an old picture of his kids. Things like that often made him contemplate his own personal life, and why he couldn't afford to expend his time and energy into something like family when he had so many souls and young lives to take care of, let alone his friends and colleagues. Agilbert seemed pretty forthright yet warm in spirit, but he was more complex than he let on. He'd like to think the Heads of Ilvermorny understood that past convention, but given Buchanan's outburst and inappropriate behavior that clearly wasn't the case. Professor Rubdich seemed to be another man that could understand given his circumstance. The real feeling of strife and turmoil, and yet to overcome it all the same. "Professor Jack, I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

He leans against the oak decor and contemplates for a moment before speaking once more. "MACUSA seems to be working splendidly. They never cease to amaze me with their precision. Anyways, I know you were helping out Carter with JARVEYs and everything but if you had some free time I was hoping I could ask you for a small favor." A small smile strikes the Headmaster as he sits opposite of Jack. "I was hoping you could head down to Hornhill and notify Hog's Head Inn about the memorial tomorrow morning. With the influx of MACUSA and family of Ria Pocomtuc and some other people, we'll need the extra lodging. Plus it'll give Wilk and her team somewhere to rest their heads tonight. You'll have the written authorization from me, you need only to show it to the innkeeper." Fontaine opens the palm of his hand to form a crisp sheet of parchment which has the written approval of himself at the request of lodging for the coming visitors. He hands Jack the letter, along with a firm and respectable handshake.

"Watch out for those Pukwudgie pranks... The Mandrake Prank still haunts me to this day."

With that, Agilbert takes his leave back towards his own quarters, He knew what he had to do next.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hornhill

Sn7s2i3.jpg

The Pukwudgie newsman continues his trek through the small magical community, posting the parchment and providing the commercial newspaper as well throughout the various folk and Pukwudgie that roam the area. He seemed very solemn and passive, even for one of his kin. It wasn't long before he was approached by a tall human, one that seemed to have a black cloak over his person. The Pukwudgie peered up and over his shoulder as the man seemed to cast a spell to suggest he wanted the conversation as clandestine as possible. This made the Pukwudgie tilt his head in curiosity a bit, as well as the slight bit of annoyance showing on his face from the semi-concealed features. This immediately surged a sense of uneasiness and skepticism about the newsman. Yet and still, he listened to the man's words asking about the bounty. "Can't elaborate anymore than what's on the parchment, cloaked human. Feel free to read it again if your current comprehension for text still eludes you. Heh." The newsman chuckles to himself in a mild mischievous huff, taking a more serious look at him yet again. "Since you study the magic, surely you don't need the council of a newsman like me. Besides... mysterious garment, muffled in speeches. You could be the very thing that's doing this Mr. Matching Magic."

The newsman snaps his fingers, as the top of the hood pushes back from the man's head, the Pukwudgie getting a good look at his facial features and appearance. It appeared that the Pukwudgie newsman looked at the man with a sense of familiarity for a split second, before it quickly became overwashed with indifference and disinterest. "Eh. You look like a trouble maker alright, I simply don't care. If you wanna look into this yourself, be my guest. If you die, try to do it on dirt, that way you make for good fertilizer for the tribe in the forests." The newsman threw up a non-chalant wave as he strolled away from the man he didn't recognize fully as the Head of Horned Serpent, giving him another bounty parchment to keep as he departed. The mists became deep and heavy along the town of Hornhill, just in time for the rising day.

A small tumble of thunder starts in the sky.​

It had been a rather uneventful time after the JARVEY's were all said and done and Jack couldn't have been happier for it. He loved it when things were interesting and engaging but certainly not in the way things had been as of late. So, the somewhat return to normalcy was a blessing that he took full advantage of. The arbitrary task of grading papers and getting his class curriculum in order was a godsend.

It wasn't long before the Headmaster came knocking on his door. Professor Jack couldn't say "come in" but all of the staff already knew that. They all knocked out of courtesy before entering and while the Englishman found it unnecessary, he appreciated the respect and care people took with him.

Jack stood as the Headmaster came in and kindly greeted Gil as best as a mute man could without magic. Fontaine was looking rather worse for wear but it's not as if Jack didn't understand why. If the very air of the school felt like it was weighing down on Jack, he could only imagine how things must feel for the man running the show. Still, the Headmaster only came to Jack's door to ask for a favor. A favor that the professor easily accepted without question. The scarred features turned upwards into a smile and a polite nod as the man agreed to the task. The professor pulled his cloak from the back of his chair and draped it around his shoulders before turning back around and accepting the letter that was given to him.

Before Jack left, he quickly wrote a message in the air for Gil Fontaine to read, "Take care of yourself, Headmaster. I understand that the pressure is on but you will be of use to no one if you collapse on us. Not when everyone needs your leadership. Now more than ever. So please, take it easy."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It was a soothing journey to Hornhill. The air was cool and they were clouds in the sky with thunder rumbling in the distance. Now this may seem gloomy to most but to Jack, it reminded him of home. To him, this was weather to be enjoyed and savored.

It didn't take long for the Professor to reach Hog's Head Inn. The tall man walked in as quiet as ever and greeted the inkeep with a polite wave. Jack had already preemptively written down the explanation behind the letter he was handing to the keeper in his journal, which he showed first before handing the letter off to its designated recipient.

OppositeInverse OppositeInverse

Katalina

"No"

Katalina heard her friend speak up and finally rolled over again to look in Morri's direction. Feeling increasingly self conscious over her outburst Katalina turned over once more to bury her face in a pillow. Small bursts of pain shot through her body as she constantly tossed and turned. However, after a few moments it began to become apparent that she couldn't find a comfortable spot to lay down again. With her head in the pillow she heard Morri's footsteps get closer. Having found a slightly comfortable place she soon pivoted and fell out of the position. Letting out a groan of annoyance she finally sat up and looked at Morri. Kat watched her closely for a moment before beginning to smirk.

Watching Morri eat the first croissant Kat knew what was going to happen. Morri and Kat both could and would eat like crazy in stressful situations. However, Kat's inability to eat certain things has come back to haunt the blonde haired girl on many occasions. Seeing the second croissant disappear Kat smirked before the third and finally the fourth. It was at this point that Kat knew that Morri wasn't okay. Moving her pillows to the end of her bed she laid down so she could face Morri. Letting her arms dangle over the end of the bed she finally spoke "You're upset. Whats wrong... need a hug?" Katalina said breaking the silence once more. "Besides.. well everything right now." Kat mumbled out in reference to herself.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back