• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Hunters guild of legend (war between kingdoms, magic and monsters)

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"It took a long time for humans to get out of the food chain and I refuse to let that effort go to waste...
monster-hunting-anime.png
...I refuse to be prey to a monster!" (Some hunters last words probably)

Monsters have always roamed Karna, this massive world is home to countless creatures. From the Smallest beast to the largest titan these monsters are more than just dangerous animals. Monsters have the strength to decimate cities, change the very land itself. Of the many races still alive on Karna it was humans who progressed the most. For humanity has a fierce will to survive and adapt. In a time long past it was ancient humans who crafted weapons to fight and hunt the monsters...
Legend has it the ancients able to slay monsters ate them to gain their powers.

"You have magic? Thank the stars, and your ancestors..."
551896.jpg
Sometimes humans are born with awesome power, to control mana is called magic. Magic comes in many forms and a unprecedented amount of flavors. Generally it is genetic, power is in your blood or it isn't but even then it can be unpredictable.
A man with fire mana and a woman with ice mana could have a child with air mana or even no mana...
Not everyone has inherent power but that doesn't stop them from harnessing natural sources of mana.

Mana solidify's naturally in the form of crystals and rocks of different colour. Various races and even intelligent monsters use these runes to activate magic. There's enough runes on Karna to choke a Dragon, what's important is how that dragon is used.
thumb-1920-629556.jpgParticularly talented humans began to forge weapons made from beasts, infused with the power and souls of legendary monsters. Numerous wars have been fought across Karna, most of them begin and end with these artefacts...
One would think the threat of dangerous monsters would be enough to band the races together. Not much point fighting the country next door over some glowing artefact if a demonic wolf is stalking about flattening mountains with its mighty roar.2888417.jpg
But sadly thats where this story begins.
The Varian kingdom is at war with the Jareed empire over stolen artefacts, a legendary beast known as Kurack the demon wolf has emerged for the first time in decades and it rampages across the lands destroying anything in its path.
=============
If you want to participate in this story you would be playing one of two roles...
First option is a Hunter whose guild is located on the border of the Varian kingdom, you hunt monsters for various reasons and get hired by people who need monsters slain.

Second option is royalty from the Varian kingdom, you hire the hunters guild to slay monsters and help save your kingdom. You have vague reasons (and a gut feeling) to believe the war started because of a huge misunderstanding and that doom shall swiftly come unless something is done.
=============
Post requirements is two paragraphs or more once a week.
The amount of spots open is six, four or five hunters and one or two royals.
Ask questions or go apeshit below

I won't mind having a spot in this. First time trying a group Rp mind you.
I won't mind letting you have a spot, I won't say you made the right choice for the first try but I can say most of my plots are decent providing they get a minimum of three or four players aha

Any questions I can answer to help the cs process? I'll be making a page for players to post proper sheets if enough people seem keen but it's fine to brainstorm here a bit

Last edited:
I'm happy to start this sooner rather than later because the story can work in that way what with guild members returning from a quest or a royal from a different kingdom approaches with a similar problem.

The roles that need to be filled to start would be
The guild master= played by me
A guild member=
A royal =

Obviously we would have more guild members than royals but one from the Varion kingdom and one from the jareed empire (or another kingdom) approaching with basically the same concerns and job isn't far fetched.
The main quest only starts with a protagonist in the form of a royal or noble.

Last edited:
I'm not very good at RPing a Royal class character so, I'll call dibs on a guild member role spot.

I'm interested, but I'm not too clear on what exactly a Royal does. I know they hire hunters to slay monsters, but what would some typical actions of a royal look like in-RP? Is it mainly exposition and working behind the scenes?

I'm interested, but I'm not too clear on what exactly a Royal does. I know they hire hunters to slay monsters, but what would some typical actions of a royal look like in-RP? Is it mainly exposition and working behind the scenes?
Yea but mostly they tag along and contribute as new recruits after hiring the guild as they have very little sway or pull in the kingdom during this time of war.

Put simple the royal is the protagonist who kinda pieces together that the stolen artefacts are relevant to new monsters popping up long thought to be dead.
"The flaming dragon katana was stolen from my hands by a unnatural thief, I chased them down as best I could but when I caught up they rode away on a red dragon"

They hire the guild as they are well known warriors trackers etc and investigation of said stolen property leads to a mysterious faction working towards leading the kingdoms to war. The royal or noble hasn't enough evidence to convince anyone so they with the guild quest to bring down this faction in the shadows.

Okay, that clears up a lot. I didn't know that the stolen artefacts were property of royals. One more question/clarification, it's not possible to be a Jareed royal?

Okay, that clears up a lot. I didn't know that the stolen artefacts were property of royals. One more question/clarification, it's not possible to be a Jareed royal?
You can, but the designated "good guys" is more the Varian kingdom.
Jareed is more industrial in nature and slavery is common

Users who are viewing this thread

Back