• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Horde’s- Occ

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Yes just nothing Complete/Sentient yet. Those are going to be in the story and will be a quest to get them. After all Pulao has an Artifact,The Black rose, i cant be a hypocrite.

Hard-light projections are definitely doable. If you want to have summons made of them the stipulations would be a limited number and have a durational limit.
Wonderful thank you :D

I'll get to switching that spell around then. Was thinking probably four to six maxium for the number and.. what say 10 - 20 minute time frame depending on the amount of mana put in?

If not can easily knock it down.

Last edited:
i think you're the only one that filled an open role lol. but all goods.

sooooo like where are you gunna start Shenoa?
Hahaha oh ya that's right!
I think Shenoa will start in Driscol, unless there is another plan.

That's another thing actaully. What is the max range for a spell's distance?
Depends on the spell. Average close range is between 1-3 meters, mid is 3-10, long is 10+. Maximum recorded distance to date was a ArrowMage who fought the inquisition. He could fire arrows up to 2 kilometers and had a hawk familiar scoping things out. He is now past tense has been for over a decade. But thats probably the max.
Can I have a prion for a familiar? Barring that, how about a fungus?
Microscopic is probably not doable. Not a-lot of mana to be packed in a small organism. There is also an intelligence requirement. If you can get a fungus at least the size of a squirrel and intelligent enough to understand how to use magic then sure i dont see why not.
Wonderful thank you :D

I'll get to switching that spell around then. Was thinking probably four to six maxium for the number and.. what say 10 - 20 minute time frame depending on the amount of mana put in?

If not can easily knock it down.
Sounds doable. Can they be busted up? Say someone were to shoot it in the face with a crossbow? Or smash its head with a hammer? What happens to the construct? How hard is your light?

Depends on the spell. Average close range is between 1-3 meters, mid is 3-10, long is 10+. Maximum recorded distance to date was a ArrowMage who fought the inquisition. He could fire arrows up to 2 kilometers and had a hawk familiar scoping things out. He is now past tense has been for over a decade. But thats probably the max.

Microscopic is probably not doable. Not a-lot of mana to be packed in a small organism. There is also an intelligence requirement. If you can get a fungus at least the size of a squirrel and intelligent enough to understand how to use magic then sure i dont see why not.

Sounds doable. Can they be busted up? Say someone were to shoot it in the face with a crossbow? Or smash its head with a hammer? What happens to the construct? How hard is your light?

Ah gotcha. Well basically beams/bullets of light. I currently have 30 meters as the range set to max.

As for the summons yes they can. They are more or less the same as a human, just maybe a bit tougher. Could tank a good few arrows/stabs and such before going "poof"

5facf466636aa0494c5b8f48e14ffbeb.jpg

9f415db86d923a40b9eee2575276ba59.jpg

Ah gotcha. Well basically beams/bullets of light. I currently have 30 meters as the range set to max.

As for the summons yes they can. They are more or less the same as a human, just maybe a bit tougher. Could tank a good few arrows/stabs and such before going "poof"
Then yes the limits you set sound fair.

So no plant, insect, arthropod, etc. familiars either; got it.

Guess I get to be Brandon Lee.

Agent23 Agent23 I adjusted Shenoa's magic range, could you check? I feel like she is a little bit weaker than everyone despite of her role as Chief Manaite and how I potrayed her to be gifted in magic. Thankies!

So no plant, insect, arthropod, etc. familiars either; got it.

Guess I get to be Brandon Lee.
Unless you use magic to Embiggen them somehow and boost intellectual capacity a tad. Im willing to work with just about anything but microscopic stuff gets difficult
Agent23 Agent23 I adjusted Shenoa's magic range, could you check? I feel like she is a little bit weaker than everyone despite of her role as Chief Manaite and how I potrayed her to be gifted in magic. Thankies!
All those numbers are fine but you can certainly beef them up if you feel like you need to. Shenoa is actually fairly strong as is.

For comparison, She would effortlessly body Nolan, likely even being able to turn his own ultimate detonation spell on him. Leonard is a hard fight but i doubt he could touch her in the slightest. My third, Pulao, is probably Even if not slightly above her in output, which is saying alot given his bloodline ability is basically having big mana pools. Even still, his magic requires wind ups times, and she has more than enough mana to disrupt his sharp notes. Worse the way he makes up for this is with his martial arts and melee…which is not gonna be very helpful since shenoa can control distances with wind.

This is by no means an effort to deter you from increasing the numbers. Just to let you know, in my Head canon she out-scales most of our characters already. Bear in mind, being able to adequately identify a spell being winded up, seeing mana distribution, being able to identify different kinds of magic and effects, knowing how to counter certain things. These are all ways Shenoa can shine.

By all means, beef her up. Bur remember, he Knowledge and Way of thinking will be what makes her great, not how big her tornado is :)

Numbers 3 & 4 really vibe with me. All are great though.

Last edited:
Alright everyone. Thanks for your interest and all your creative input on your characters the lore surrounding them. Lastly thank you all for working with me, i know i had quite a few expectations and really hope it wasn’t too stifling.

Id like to ask each of you to give me a small summary of where you want your characters to start out. That way i can make an opening that will give you all the means to have your introduction go as smoothly as possible. Im aiming for us to have multiple quests occuring simultaneously with Driscol itself being the central hub for meeting up and mingling. Ill be trying to get a city map up soon.

Nothingness Nothingness Kaylemm Kaylemm BuggaBoo BuggaBoo cybercrypt cybercrypt Dovinique Dovinique Jigajig Jigajig Skyseer Skyseer

Leonard will be returning from his shift on patrol atop the wall, and is immediately preparing for a meeting with the crown prince of thandrell, the head inquisitor, and the Chief Manaite, Discussing Final preparations for a raid to Luca. The target of the raid being the inquisitional great fort. There lies an entire arsenal of weapons and tools that can be used against the hordes. Also the vault that holds 19 artifacts. This meeting and raid has been planned for about a week.

The Flamesmith and his wife go through opening their shops but Nolan has been dodging letters from the Manaites and avoiding their meetings. Another letter arrives as his son fonds the pile of the others.

The 3rd son and his crew arrive at the city gates after a long and arduous trek from the coasts to Driscol. They may or may not have gotten turned around…several times, along the way.

Lunara would be tending to the animals she has in her home. It's how she starts every day if she has any she is caring for at home, then she would probably either go out to the forest or head to the barracks and training grounds to see if anyone needed medical attention or healing.

Alright everyone. Thanks for your interest and all your creative input on your characters the lore surrounding them. Lastly thank you all for working with me, i know i had quite a few expectations and really hope it wasn’t too stifling.

Id like to ask each of you to give me a small summary of where you want your characters to start out. That way i can make an opening that will give you all the means to have your introduction go as smoothly as possible. Im aiming for us to have multiple quests occuring simultaneously with Driscol itself being the central hub for meeting up and mingling. Ill be trying to get a city map up soon.

Nothingness Nothingness Kaylemm Kaylemm BuggaBoo BuggaBoo cybercrypt cybercrypt Dovinique Dovinique Jigajig Jigajig Skyseer Skyseer
Do you have any recommendations as to where to start? Or is it really just a free-for-all as to where to start?

K new idea.

I'mma make a full charrie sheet for another pirate then split the pirates into 2 groups.

~~> Captain Rai'Shauni will be outside the wall, Captain De'Sari will be behind the wall in driscol. <~~

K so like yeah I still tryna figure out the split but De'Sari could just fly over the wall using Air magic, and Ashes could stealth them with her Shadow magic.

The idea I have is that Rai's group is taking the long route along the shores and rn they at the water tryna regroup and repower and waiting for Jajanius to return to see if he has found a way to get to the mountain pass. Thinkin their subplot is that they will climb into the mountainside and see an abandoned fishing town... with ships still docked!!! As much as they want to leave, Captain Rai will kill anyone who leaves cuz she not leaving without her sister Ashes and Jajanius not leaving without De'Sari. So the plan is get to Driscol where they were told was the last bastion of hope in Thandrell and cuz thats where they agreed to meet if separated. Now if they can get the rest of the pirates to the ships they could escape.

And therein is the subplot: Cuz tbh with skilled magic sailors and a group of willing and hard working refugees as skeleton crew they could theoretically convoy hundreds of people off the mainland and meetup with the Devastation and Skycutter.

As for De'Sari and Ashes and their group, thinkin De'sari is badly wounded and needs medical help thus not being able to just fly off to find the Skycutter using magic and thinkin this is like where Kaylemm Kaylemm 's charrie comes in. But of course, just seeing them and hearing how they talk people will know that they are pirates. So yeah insta drama lol

EDIT: wait. Kaylemm Kaylemm is Lunara in Driscol?

Somewhere around Driscol I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back