The Hidden Temple

Grey said:
It's not perfect, but @AkuTheWolfOkami @Stickdom @Action Replay I've got a temporary thread up for you in the IC2 tab.
Also, if you could each pick:

A Primary Weapons

A Sidearm

A Melee Weapon

A Utility Item (grenades, symbionts, drones, etc.)
I'm looking about both the RP's tabs and your Crucible documents, and not much in the way of these items have I come across. I'm assuming we are given some creative liberty to come up with our own items and you'll assign stats to them? Or is there yet a list that I haven't discovered (read as: am too refrigerator-blind to see for the words in front of my face)

Not pick from a list nor determine the stats - tell me the kind of weapon you want, and it'll find its way into your hands as the game progresses.

You are not limited to mundane weapons, either; there are examples further back in the OOC I'll try to dig up for you.

Aha, that I can work with, that was what I was insinuating with my "creative liberties" train of thought. I'll just browse back through the OOC myself and get back to you with that list shortly.

Examples other players went for:

Wrist-mounted bolt-thrower

Neurotoxic whip

Magic flashbangs

Around page 7, I think

Hmmm, I think some more "traditional" weapons would be in order for Oustus. Let's try:

Primary: A bow, or maybe a crossbow if it would be more suitable to be found in the setting, whether the projectiles are manually or electro-magnetically driven, or some other method entirely, I'll leave up to your wisdom. The projectiles would be physical themselves, definitely not some bolt of energy or plasma or what-have-you, sturdy enough to leave a dent and stick in armour, but probably not enough to pierce heavy plated systems.

Secondary:

Here's where the creative license kicks in. I was thinking up a weapon that would bereminiscent of a throwing axe/hatchet that could be mounted to the forearm and thrown or swung from there, and a durable "steel" cord would connect it to the mechanism on the wrist, pretty much giving it an automatic return system, like a yo-yo. Primarily used as a grappling hook system, but modified for combat.

Melee: A simple (for the setting) setup of a spear or bladed pole arm that can be broken down into a three-section staff. No innately special properties except the ones you choose to give it.

Utility: A belt-contained projector/generator that causes distortions, causing Oustus' location to appear displaced several inches in any given direction, like a flickering image. Only used as a distraction-evasion tool, has no other real purpose.

So, feel free to tinker with those as you may, and if any of those don't work, just straight-up throw them out and lemme know so I can replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will think on this and get back to you on that over the weekend @Grey because things are a bit busy at the end of the week this week. I'll make postings happen though.

*crawls up from the depths of the earth* ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚

I am alive!

Sorry- I kind of went on vacation for a week to meet the real life doge. :3

so seems I missed the entourage...any chances of the groups mixing it up later on in the story? or throwing together if one group doesn't work? >o>

EDIT *slaps an appearance on*

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Kagu, seeing as we haven't really started with the second group yet, I don't see any issues with you joining us there, if Grey can find it in his heart to make room for you xD

Just pooooost, Kagururu, me and @Action Replay are already duking it out in a battle of wits and strength!!!!...... or maybe I just said "hi" xD

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who watched that.

This is good. Maybe my request to convert this to a Hosted Project will go through and it'll be a bit easier, but this will surely do for now.

Grey said:
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who watched that.
This is good. Maybe my request to convert this to a Hosted Project will go through and it'll be a bit easier, but this will surely do for now.
What is this we're on about now?

Oh, I want to be able to split people off into more threads, have more room to work in. Tried to get it done sooner but the admins are busy, so I've put you guys into the same thread for now. May split you up again as the 'tutorial' continues.

Ah, I see. So the groups we are assigned to now are not permanent then, simply by means of proximity and necessity are we together.

Yep. I expect you to form your own groups when the chance arises, or go solo if you please.

After all, the Bandi are unbound now - you can't all agree about how to use that freedom.

Well, was waiting on @Action Replay to possibly acknowledge Oustus, but I suppose that'a not a total necessity.

Heya @Grey, totally unrelated topic, but I have a simple dice system I pretty much stole and modified from a basic RP system I found a while ago have been working on, and I wanted to get your opinion on its effectiveness. I'm going for simple here, it's more of a story-telling device than solid numbers, so it's very flexible, but I wanted to see if you thought it was balanced enough to be put to use.

Can You Save Me, Brother? - Mechanics | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back