The Hidden Temple

So I hunted through the search function and just found this. A-am I wrong in my current understanding that they exist in name only for the moment?

IF SO! My only choice can be to concentrate all my strength in a single fist, a blazing flame of defiance.

Slap a bitch open handed too.

Some of those will be implemented 'ere long.

For now I assume you're taking Defiant Fist?

Thanks Grey.

Wooow we get to pick martial arts too? Was already feelin' ninja with these combat pools.

@Silvertongued. Would it be possible to request a mechanics check? Dunno what attributes are good for magic users. This one communicates through/shows off illusory effects.

----MEMORY DIAGNOSTIC----

• Name: Baskarmyna (ba-skah-my-na)

Soulcage: Gaida

Epithets: Black Starling Alit the Tower Gold; [-es-DATAaCORRaPT-n--]

Appearance

It cares not for the concept of gender, but for the sake of a harmonious narrative, it shall acknowledge "she" and "her."

A dark patina flecked with rust clouds her plate and crowned helm. Her gilded feathers are gone. What remains of the ivory inlay has turned ochre red, the carvings obscured in grime, in ancient blood.

And through all the cracks and exposed conduits, she glows gold.

[REPAIR] [sLEEP] [HIBERNATE]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cirno Truthfully, I'm not sure. Normally you'd take Applied Magical Theory for being a mage, as well as a solid amount into Willpower (which you've done), but outside of that, there's not really much for us to generate mechanically in CharGen as we're all only doing Attributes and nothing else.

That said, for what you've got there, seems pretty solid.

Indeed, looks fine. I'd tell you why AMT isn't immediately necessary, but spoilers.

Just putting finishing touches on Constricting Serpent.

For now, there are just those three Unarmed Styles to choose from. When you start collecting your weapons I'll start offering more Styles for those.

I may add a fourth Unarmed Style but promise nothing.

Also when picking a Style, add it to your Training.

I'm guessing Gentle Palm is all about either being real good at disarming and puting down folks non-lethally, or hitting them in a way that doesn't look too bad but causes intense internal injury.

Grey said:
Appropriate to a Kampa pilot.
And you know, the first Bandi created - as long as you don't have other plans intended. It just came to me, I thought of Hephaestus, and then of the forge, and then of the hammer/anvil motif, prototypes... my stream of thought.

I'll allow it. Silver can tell you all about how my running games like this leads to PCs becoming part of canon.

Here's a question. Are you taking into account the effect of time dilation through FTL speeds and extreme gravitational fields on space travellers, or is that all negated by chronomancer handwavium fields?

If that is the case, then does that mean cheap, damaged, or otherwise handwavium-free vessels or travellers would experience it anyway as a dramatic plot point?

Even then, that means you can have hulks travelling at intense speeds across the Empire, burned out from a battle that only happened to them minutes or hours ago, but occurred to the rest of the universe decades, or even centuries ago, depending on the relative speed of the vessel in question.

Hee intriguing. Thanks for the review, @Silvertongued.

*extreme owl head tilt* @Grey: Is it possible for one to abuse additional actions gained via Gentle Palm style to create environmental hazards? Say, strike at the foundations of a tall building. Or does that take one out of combat?

Silvertongued said:
Here's a question. Are you taking into account the effect of time dilation through FTL speeds and extreme gravitational fields on space travellers, or is that all negated by chronomancer handwavium fields?
If that is the case, then does that mean cheap, damaged, or otherwise handwavium-free vessels or travellers would experience it anyway as a dramatic plot point?

Even then, that means you can have hulks travelling at intense speeds across the Empire, burned out from a battle that only happened to them minutes or hours ago, but occurred to the rest of the universe decades, or even centuries ago, depending on the relative speed of the vessel in question.
I'd say handwavium works for most vessels, but some cheap or damaged ones would lead to weird FTL interactions.

Cirno said:
Hee intriguing. Thanks for the review, @Silvertongued.
*extreme owl head tilt* @Grey: Is it possible for one to abuse additional actions gained via Gentle Palm style to create environmental hazards? Say, strike at the foundations of a tall building. Or does that take one out of combat?
It's an attack against a structure; which is to say, a standard attack that might both fail and break your fist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back