The Hidden Temple

Heya Grey, what's the mana cost for Fate-Sight? You said mana was expended in the exchange of 1:1 mana to points of damage, yeah? What about abilities that cause no damage?

You get Fate-Sight for free, you just need to take a moment to concentrate and use it.

Alright @Grey, here's here I get a bit confused by the dice system. What should I roll to dodge this incoming attack and then counter with my own? I know I can roll dodge up to my own speed, yes? Or something like that xD

You have a Combat Pool.

You can use as much of that as you want to dodge, but remember that any you spend on dodging you can't use to attack.

Makes sense, I knew that much. Wasn't there a limitation on how many you can use based on speed/dex, or something like that? Pretty sure I saw it in the doc somewhere, that's what I was puzzling

Oh, you can make an unlimited number of Defensive Actions as long as you have dice, but you can only make as many attacks as you have Dex.

Ah, I see. And I noticed that my 'cage gets a +2 to parry value, what does that run off of? I thought there was a Parry skill, but I don't see it in the table

Parry is a Defence Focus. If you're Parrying rather than Dodging or Blocking, you get a bonus that makes it harder for the enemy to hit you. It increases the Difficulty for them rather than affecting you directly.

Ah I see, that makes sense. Well, let's see if I can get all these mixed up enough to get a post out that's semi-literate xD

So, if I were to dodge and then attack in return, that would be two separate rolls, should I wait in between them to see if the success (or failure) of the dodge affects the outcome or would you rather I put them both together to compact posts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Describe and roll the dodge first, then I'll let you know how it went, then you can roll your counterattack.

You describe what you plan to do after dodging during the first post, if you want.

You can also curse the attacker for a few points of Mana to increase the difficulty or take dice away from them.

So, the base difficulty is 11, yeah? And I have 3 Defence, which lowers it to 8? So I think I rolled 3 successes out of 5 there, if I'm math-ing this right

Combat Difficulty is a bit different.

We take your Defence, subtract it from enemy offence, and check the difference. If you are equally matched, you both need 9s. If you have two points more than them, you only need 8s and they need 10s.

Well then, so, for every 2 points difference, one goes up a point and one goes down a point. That the general gist? What about odds? Does the attacker go up or the defender go down one?

Oh, it works both ways. If they've got two higher than you, your difficulty goes up one and theirs goes down one.

Basically, it's not something you need to worry about too much - I'll be keeping track of it. At most, you can pay attention to rolls and figure out roughly where the enemy stats lie. I don't generally give players the enemy stats to discourage metagaming.

Yeah, I didn't think you'd just pass out stats, I avoid meta gaming like the plague anyway, it takes the fun out of it, sometimes being outnumbered and outgunned is half the fun xD

A tad rusty on the combat, but we'll fix that soon enough. Dice do not favor me this day it seems, perhaps they dislike dynamic greetings?

Edit: How much of the unarmed styles the bandi chose are known?

Damage is flat. Strength + Weapon Value + Successes.

Unarmed, for you, is Weapon Value 0/3, where 3 is Soak Negation.

So 6 + Successes, enemy Soak reduced by 3.

Shit hurts, son.

Sorry, I got side swiped by some shenanigans at work with 2/3rds of our full timers being out from accidents and vacation.

...that and MGSV. Working on catching up what I all missed around here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back