• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The hidden lives of Supers (closed for now, accepting a hero later)

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
When more than 30% of the world's population has a gene in their DNA that produces random powers, it's obvious to why the world has super villians and super heroes. Those with a power range from blessed to cursed. When one has the ability to fly or shoot lasers from their hands it's hard to call it a curse, but becoming radioactive or growing a exoskeleton?
There is as many useless, dangerous powers as there are super ones.
Most with a power use it for selfish reasons, to remedy that...
The government employs supers to act as heroes but because of a system most call unfair, some prefer to work as a vigilantes which is illegal.
(even if they are doing good.)

Despite the laws about powers and those who use it there is one holy place for any with a power, super or not. In the city of BlueBay there is a support group for supers, a place one can go to talk about the problems they have as a person with powers. Be they hero or villian, they can come in costume or normal clothes as Super Support is a safe space where none should feel targeted.

That is where our story begins. Our characters being supers who meet at SS to vent about their situation and give out or hear advice. Our characters being mid level heroes, vigilantes or even criminals. Regardless of how they feel about each other they are drawn to work together after they find their therapist murdered in the car park outside the community centre. The rp is about dealing with said murder which drags the group down a rabbit hole facing off against both sides of the law in a nefarious plot that involves society at large.

Hoping for three people at least and the cut off is six. If you want to play you need to write two paragraphs or more once or twice a week.
Cs page is here

Not all super powers will be allowed as some are straight up busted. Super speed for example is most likely a no as someone like the flash or superman can wreck 99.99% of any situation in less then a minute.
Powers will have some sort of flaw or weakness, most commonly it is to do with energy and food consumption.
"Sure i can teleport but if im not eating enough I burn energy I don't have and can dehydrate myself or worse"

Ask questions or show enthusiasm below

Last edited:
I've got a good idea for a character already.

I’m interested!
I would be interested in this.
I've got a good idea for a character already.
That's enough for me to make a cs page, I'll tag you when its up.

Possibly interest. Is there a mystic side to this universe?
Possibly, I'm not sure what you consider mystical or magic in a superpowers setting. If you want a magic character we'd need to be on the same page.

That's enough for me to make a cs page, I'll tag you when its up.

Possibly, I'm not sure what you consider mystical or magic in a superpowers setting. If you want a magic character we'd need to be on the same page.
Absolutely agree. Magic can be a troublesome can of worms to open.
The character concept is an undead detective sharing her mind and body with two ghosts, kept “alive” by a machine implanted in her torso. She investigates supernatural crimes and hunts monsters in New Orleans (or setting similar place) using a mix of alchemy and enchantments somewhat inspired by the Witcher (minus the signs).
As far as magic goes, I was aiming for more of a subtle form of it rather than the classic fireball hurling and portal making wizard. Upper ends more aligning with the pop culture version of Voodoo.
The character’s “room mates” are a con man who was born in the mid 1800s, used alchemy to increase his longevity, and attached himself to the character as a means to avoid “debts”. The other is far older, a specter from the lost city of Atlantis (avoiding underwater civilization version like in other superhero universes) who thinks they have returned to resurrected their city and ruler.

Character would be seeing a therapist primary due to trauma of her death, dealing with the other two people in her head, and previously learning meditation to give her brain time to rest as she no longer sleeps.

Absolutely agree. Magic can be a troublesome can of worms to open.
The character concept is an undead detective sharing her mind and body with two ghosts, kept “alive” by a machine implanted in her torso. She investigates supernatural crimes and hunts monsters in New Orleans (or setting similar place) using a mix of alchemy and enchantments somewhat inspired by the Witcher (minus the signs).
As far as magic goes, I was aiming for more of a subtle form of it rather than the classic fireball hurling and portal making wizard. Upper ends more aligning with the pop culture version of Voodoo.
The character’s “room mates” are a con man who was born in the mid 1800s, used alchemy to increase his longevity, and attached himself to the character as a means to avoid “debts”. The other is far older, a specter from the lost city of Atlantis (avoiding underwater civilization version like in other superhero universes) who thinks they have returned to resurrected their city and ruler.

Character would be seeing a therapist primary due to trauma of her death, dealing with the other two people in her head, and previously learning meditation to give her brain time to rest as she no longer sleeps.
Im not against a deadpool/zombie detective as there's easy ways to balance that but I'd need more info on what you think voodoo magic is and said machine.

Cause if it was a machine made in the 1890's for example then that means there's been reanimation tech for more than 200 years Which would be relevant in the modern day of this story.

Is it okay if my character has two powers? And can they be obtained from a magical source?

Is it okay if my character has two powers? And can they be obtained from a magical source?
Depends on the two powers,
Depends on the source, but most likely yea

For example my character got Typhokinesis from Australian/Aboriginal magic.
But that's one power and a few flaws that come from "the Dreamtime" because he isn't a proper champion of nature/life his connection to the Dreamtime results in nightmares and visions.

Depends on the two powers,
Depends on the source, but most likely yea

For example my character got Typhokinesis from Australian/Aboriginal magic.
But that's one power and a few flaws that come from "the Dreamtime" because he isn't a proper champion of nature/life his connection to the Dreamtime results in nightmares and visions.

Okay, I'll be posting my cs soon and you can tell me if it's okay.

NeonFlow NeonFlow
Yeah, I realized after posting that wasn't as descriptive as I had hoped. It's aiming for less flashy and more about...shall we say how things relate to each other. Affecting perception, linking things together. A voodoo doll works because you take a piece of someone, thus allowing you to connect the whole doll to them, allowing some control and/or pain. Turning someone into a frog gets into questions of where did the rest of their mass goes and other issues. Plant the idea in someone's mind that they are now a frog, now that's a bit easier. I’ll admit, the extent of magic is very flexible for what you think fits in your world. I’m trying to steer away from something on Dr Strange’s level.
For my character, the magical abilities she'd be using is based on alchemy. Mundane forms would be things such as incendiary rounds, cyro rounds, ect. Could also use elixirs/potions to improve her physical abilities, though many would prove toxic for normal humans. While she would have regenerative abilities, it would not be to the level of Deadpool. A gunshot wound that got a tendon in the leg will be completely healed with no side effects, but will take probably weeks to fully mend.
For the machine, it keeps her body going and maintained. It’s tough, but not indestructible. She also worries about what damage to the brain would do to her, so prioritizes protecting her head and her torso.
The machine is new. The theory behind has been around, but it’s difficult to make and probably uses ingredients that are at best morally grey in their origin. The character did not get it willingly.

NeonFlow NeonFlow
Yeah, I realized after posting that wasn't as descriptive as I had hoped. It's aiming for less flashy and more about...shall we say how things relate to each other. Affecting perception, linking things together. A voodoo doll works because you take a piece of someone, thus allowing you to connect the whole doll to them, allowing some control and/or pain. Turning someone into a frog gets into questions of where did the rest of their mass goes and other issues. Plant the idea in someone's mind that they are now a frog, now that's a bit easier. I’ll admit, the extent of magic is very flexible for what you think fits in your world. I’m trying to steer away from something on Dr Strange’s level.
For my character, the magical abilities she'd be using is based on alchemy. Mundane forms would be things such as incendiary rounds, cyro rounds, ect. Could also use elixirs/potions to improve her physical abilities, though many would prove toxic for normal humans. While she would have regenerative abilities, it would not be to the level of Deadpool. A gunshot wound that got a tendon in the leg will be completely healed with no side effects, but will take probably weeks to fully mend.
For the machine, it keeps her body going and maintained. It’s tough, but not indestructible. She also worries about what damage to the brain would do to her, so prioritizes protecting her head and her torso.
The machine is new. The theory behind has been around, but it’s difficult to make and probably uses ingredients that are at best morally grey in their origin. The character did not get it willingly.
Definitely a interesting character idea. A "unkillable" detective using tools or weapons that would be to dangerous for a normal person to wield.

I'd need to read a cs version of the character to decide, but so long as it isn't game/world breaking in how its happening or blatant multiple powers it should be ok

I would be interested in giving this a shot. Normally, I steer clear of groups, but I'm willing to give this a shot for its concept. I can work on a character sheet, but would a character who's morally grey suffice or are we shooting for mostly heroes?

I've only accepted two sheets so far and all others have I've given suggestions for a edit.

Not to make it race or anything but next three sheets to be accepted make the cut off. Six players was the limit i was after as to many more might be to much to manage

Closed for now but as someone may have dropped you can be first reserve.
I tag you to join after confirming we have a ghost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back