• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Helldiver- An RP to sit back and relax at a weird bar [Open]

While the hunt for the right cocktail was going on, Lucy was doing her own search. Finding the mug for the brew was easy enough, but there was the other half of the serving. Someone forgot to stock up on the nuts. She placed the mug under the fauced and started to fill it up, while taking a general look in the direction of those responsible.

"Don't look at me." Harry raised his hands innocently "Not my turn." He tilted his head as the horns pointed towards the culprit. Orlo. The other bouncer was off-duty and seemingly enjoying his time. His boss had other plans. Her tail picked the mug from its place and held it as she placed another one in its place. This time switching the flows to something else.

"Orlo, dear. Have you been working hard lately?" She asked with a concern in her voice. "Do you need refreshment?" The bouncer looked to her and before he could answer, she slid the mug towards him. "Have one on me." She smiled. The ork didn't think about it, despite experience saying otherwise. He finished the mug in one breath, rather normal for someone like him and as he set it down, he started to feel something in his stomach. Lucy placed her hand on the counter as she leaned on it. Raising her eyebrows twice in quick succession to remind him that he forgot something. "Nuts." In a hurry, the ork bolted to the door, leaving a spinning chair in his wake.

"Thats a new one." Jazz pointed to the door as his partner left it open. "What did you do to him?"

"Liquid sinking feeling. Makes your stomach feel like it weighs a ton and reminds you of everything you forgot to do." Lucy's tail placed Mackenzie's mug on the counter. "He should be fine when he comes back." Her attention back to the patron. "Sorry about that dear, I have to disipline some of the staff from time to time. No complimentery nuts this time around for the brew, I'm afraid."

A black portal opened outside the bar as a dragon cub with multicolored scales and features that looked like a combination of Eastern and western dragons was throne out. It fell into the bar and said, "Someone stupid get in my way!"
She rolled her eyes as she landed on her back, "No mommy, I don't want to visit wolf and lamb today." She then moved to shake her head and muttered, "When I get back, I am going to melt that stupid cup into a toilet bowl." She looked down and got off someone and said, "Vegeta's line saves me again this time."

Val laughed a bit at Mackenzie's sisterly teasing. "Oh be nice, this is the first time she's ever been to a bar. It takes some time to get used to the customs and practices. And besides, how could she help it when she has a hostess as yours truly?" She posed, directing hands at herself as if on display. That said, one eyebrow raised as the newbie drinker pounded back her drink. "-or not. Yikes Mac, your sister doesn't take challenges lightly. Guess that's the Pride part."

Her raised eyebrow was soon met by the other as she watched Blake manipulate something in her mouth, before eventually displaying the now-knotted cherry stem. "Oh my, that's quite the skill you've developed there, miss. Tell me," she said, leaning on the bar with both elbows and cradling her head in her hands, her gaze now locking with the larger demon's. "Have you trained your tongue dexterity in case your hands are tied and you have to escape your bonds?" She smiled, a wicked grin in her own form of teasing. "Or perhaps is it a desire to get yourself into such~?"

(Wanted to get a reply way sooner, but life is in the way)
"Harry, get to it." Lucy ordered her bartender. The horned skeleton perked up from the glass he was shinning and looked to the new client. Someone who just discovered how travel again. He placed the glass on the counter and poured water from a crystal clear bottle. The only free drink in this place.

"Over here." He waved them over. "You'll need some hydration before anything else. As for where you are, this is the Helldiver." Harry motioned with his hand. "We're not part of any place, just tucked in our own corner. So..." He leaned in "What can I get you?"

Soph moved to change from her dragonling form into a human with dragon scale like armor over her body, "Helldiver? Um, do you have any monkey wine or mystic jade wine? I haven't had that since I met one of the yanlou and the wine God's worlds."

"Lets see." Harry turned back to give a lookover the shelves of alcohol. He placed a finger on the area where his jaw was under the scarf as he traced the available booze with his sight. "Doesn't look like we stock those two." He turned back. "We have plenty of other brands and types that come from all over. Some generic, some exotic."

She said as she turned into a human form, "Well, one is made by the God of wine and the other i often steal from that monkey King or from one of the Yanlou; so, I guess it makes sense. I'll take plum sake, just mix plum wine and sake."

1700359673534.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door opened and a strange woman with red hair, furs and black grease on her face arrived.

She sat in the Helldiver observing the crowds, saying very little at the moment.​

"Would be a lousy bartender if I didn't know how to mix a drink or two." Harry joked as he reached for the bottles. Simple enough request. "So whats your story? You made an entrance and you have a specific taste for things. Guessing some nobility?" His sight was distracted for a brief moment as another person entered the bar. Strong silent type by the looks of it. "And your order?"

1700448524453.png

My name? I am Queen Bodica of the Iceini people.

She looked up at the bartender "I've come from fighting the Romans."

Breadman Breadman (Open to reactions)

Last edited:
"I can see that by the splatter of blood, your highness." Harry chuckled "But, you still haven't ordered."

"Would be a lousy bartender if I didn't know how to mix a drink or two." Harry joked as he reached for the bottles. Simple enough request. "So whats your story? You made an entrance and you have a specific taste for things. Guessing some nobility?" His sight was distracted for a brief moment as another person entered the bar. Strong silent type by the looks of it. "And your order?"
She said, "I was traveling in the void to an auction and a meeting. Ended up meeting a friend's enemy and he threw me into here after a fight. As for nobility, you could say that...at least I didn't hit importantpeople this time." She glanced at the warrior unsure if she was a dragon slayer. She would feel embarrassed if someone who had the bloodline of the dragon ancestor to be killed by a human.

The Queen looked over at the other woman for a second "Stranger, I too was in a rebellion for a while."

"Dragon Slayer?" "I'm not sure if I've heard of that Liara_Amagi Liara_Amagi

Bodica seemed to be talking to both Harry (The bartender/ Breadman Breadman ) and the other woman as well ( Liara_Amagi Liara_Amagi )

"Wine it is." Harry reached for another bottle behind him. Best one for humans. Anything else would end with catastrophe for the clients and a cut to his pay. "From the wine cellar of king Minos and one plum sake mixed with care."

Queen Bodica looked up at the glass as it was moved to her side. "Only the best for two woman warriors."

She was preparing to tip Harry big for the drink.

"Thank you in advance."

Sophia said, "Cheers," she sipped some of her sake and thought, 'Once, I heal up, I will have to meet the Nexus lord, he's going to be mad at me for not being able to pick up the jade statues he wanted.'

A young man, maybe in his late teens or early twenties, slinks in through one of the doors, looking around furtively. His attempt at being stealthy is a little undercut by his outfit - high-collared and dramatic-looking, with a lot of frilly drapery in bright blue and red. It's expensive-looking and clearly meant to stand out.

He seems to relax a bit as he looks around, and drops the pretense of sneaking. Instead he walks up and takes a seat not too far from other patrons.

"Have you trained your tongue dexterity in case your hands are tied and you have to escape your bonds?" She smiled, a wicked grin in her own form of teasing. "Or perhaps is it a desire to get yourself into such~?"

Blake's face turned almost as red as the cherry that she had just consumed. The twisted cherry stem rolled off her tongue, landing in her waiting hand, before she attempted to speak. "I-I...well I u-uhm..." she stuttered briefly.

She then shut her eyes for a moment, and took a deep breath. Calm yourself, Blake. You keep embarrassing yourself. You're going to fumble a hot bartender! Mackenzie is right there too, and she won't let you live this down. Neither will that weird lust demon friend of hers next to her! Show them all what you can do!

When she opened her eyes once more, red irises locking onto Val, she smiled. "More of the former... though the latter sounds far more fun.~" she responded calmly. NAILED IT!

Mackenzie rolled her eyes as she listened in, before taking her drink from Lucy. "It's fine. Thank you, though!" she responded, before returning her attention to the screen she had been watching with Kelly.

"Don't mention it." Harry picked another glass to clean. "My job after all."

The door leading to the back oppened up and the more ellusive member of the staff came through. Like Harry, he was destined to be a constant guessing game for those around him on account of not having a face. Unlike Harry, however, this skeleton had fully developed arms and legs, tho not made of muscle tissue, but pure calcium.

"Hey boss." He greated Lucy "Mail came in!" Lyubo was the bar's custodian, but would take on other duties such as sorting the mail. "Bills got taken care of."

"Lyubo, we don't pay bills. We're in a pocket dimension." This stopped him in his tracks. "You didn't send a check to some random adress, did you?"

"What...nooo....I'll go fix something." He left a stack of letters on the bar and returned to the back.

"I swear if he wasn't so usefull." Lucy picked up the stack and started sorting through the letters. Most were just junk mail. Even in a remote bar at the border of realities, this sort of thing keeps happening. "Oh a letter from dad."

"What does he want?" Jay seemed sincere in the question

"Lets see...Invitation to a red carpet event. Unvailing the new soul processing facility." She looked at the faceless horror at the bar. "Is this anything?"

"He's flexing his wealth. About as fun as any of his other parties."

"Give it a pass then." She crumpled the letter in her palm "If I have to look at any of those noble brats with no promise of fun, I'd just start asking Jazz to set something on fire."

"Anything else?"

"Just letters for Jazz and Orlo. Oh one for Harry."

"Does it have that seal on it?"

"Yes." She grabbed a lighter and burned the envelope over an ashtray. "Harry is meant to be in torment and not working at this bar." She started explaining to Jay "So we burn any letters that have the seal from his Hell to prevent any contractual obligations we might trigger by accident." The skeleton gave a thumbs up when Jay looked his way.

"Yeesh. And I thought our lawyers were annoying."

"Happens when you make a raw deal like him." She turned her attention back to Val "If you want any work or extra mail to come here, be sure to talk to Lyubo about it. Despite his questionable decision making, he's very good at sorting logistics."

As she was explaining, the newest patron had entered the bar. A younger fellow, but acting a bit aloof. Probably new to the whole things.

"Can we help you dear?"

When she opened her eyes once more, red irises locking onto Val, she smiled. "More of the former... though the latter sounds far more fun.~" she responded calmly. NAILED IT!
"Well then," Val carried on, retrieving another mixing tin to begin another drink, adding rum to peach schnapps, cranberry juice, vanilla extract, and shaking it all over ice to pour into a glass. "I'll have to check with the boss, see if she'll give me the night off so I can fit you into my tight-"

She took a long sip of the drink, her tongue lapping at her lips when she was done, before returning Blake's gaze with her own, sliding the glass across the bar to her. "-schedule. Until then, why don't you wrap your lips around that and let me know how it is, all right girlie? Consider it something to remember me by.~" And with that, she sauntered away from Blake, tail swinging in time to her steps as she answered Lucy's beckon.
She turned her attention back to Val "If you want any work or extra mail to come here, be sure to talk to Lyubo about it. Despite his questionable decision making, he's very good at sorting logistics."
"Well I can't exactly imagine a lot of folks wanting to send me postcards," Val responded to Lucy's directions as she neared, taking a glance at the smoldering remains on the bar. "Though I gotta say, I like how you handle red tape. Maybe I'll get the school I graduated from to send mail here so I can watch you set their solicitations ablaze. Feels like it'd be cathartic," she said with a chuckle. "But seriously, I'll keep that in mind. There's a couple bookstores I've been through in my travels I'd love to get some original copies of religious texts from." She looked up at Lucy with a sheepish grin. "It's, ah, a bit of a hobby of mine. Keeps me open minded about things, you know?"

"... oh unrelated, I don't suppose your dad gives free food for the hired help at his parties, does he?"

Last edited:
"Feel free to burn any letters from your school, Val." Lucy responded as she put the ashes in a bin.
... oh unrelated, I don't suppose your dad gives free food for the hired help at his parties, does he?
"Oh he's a slave driver through and through. The food is for the snobs that brownnose their way into his good graces and then whatever is leftover gets tossed away to some hole somewhere."

"He has a working deal with the gluttony demons." Xrithin chimed in "They eat all the fancy food and produce low grade garbage sold as 'fast food'. Tastes as awful as you think."

"I did not know that." Lucy glosed her eyes as she thought about it "Frankly I wish I never did." The demon clasped her hands as she chased the thoughts away and looked to Val again "So, I wouldn't hope for a free meal for putting up with my dad's shit even for a few hours."

The signature red capes of the Spartan King along with one of his man showed up inside the Helldiver cafe and sat down.

"Huh? Leonidas didn't think you meant Literal hell when we were on the battlefield that night"

Having been freed up by other customers, Prescilla finally had a chance to serve someone else. And these guys were very different.

"Uhh, hello. Welcome to the Helldiver. I'm one of the staff. Have a seat. What drinks will you be having?" She tried to keep her composure, but it was rather difficult with these sorts of patrons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back