The Height Advantage [IC]

"Okay, what is your name little one?"

Camille lifted Katie up and start carrying her.

(Is Katie's mother at hallway or in room? I would hate make Katie see her mother's corpse.)

Katie winced at the impact, but just looked up at Camille. "I'm Katie. What is the lady doing to mommy? Is she going to kill her?" She asked, a bit too excitedly. "Can she kill daddy too?"

"She will be taken away."

Camille carried Katie to upstairs.

"Where is your teddy?"

Katie reached down and slowly grabbed a small beat up thing. It didn't look like bear anymore... Katie sheltered it from her parents through her years, so it lasted through dragging it around and hugging. It was also stained with blood. "Teddy's here. Can we go kill mommy now? Teddy was to join us. Teddy has a knife." She lifted the stuffed, um, thing and its left top limb held a grey fabric piece in a sort of obtuse triangle. "He can help!" 

Camille put Katie down and knees next to her.

"First Katie, your mother is dead already and secondary i don't want talk about killing other peoples. There is monsters wanting to kill us already and if we start killing each other what separates us from them?"

Camille gets up and lift drawner.

"If your dad comes to near you in my house, i throw him out."

Camille puts drawner down and takes hat rack to her hands.

"If he comes back and threats to harm, i break his arm."

Camille snaps hat rack to two pieces, like it was dry stick.

"But i don't kill him."

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Alina Acklen

[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)]Alina threw the mother's corpse into a sack, so only the head was exposed. The captain looked down at the mother's dead, hollow, once fear-filled eyes. It truly contrasted with the vain smirk on her mouth. How generic, to smile as one committed suicide. Couldn't someone do something new? As Alina glared down at the corpse, the hollowness of her own eyes was quite apparent. To kill both monsters and humans alike, without batting an eye, one had to act as if they were already dead. Yet, it wasn't that Alina didn't care. She had just taken human life, indirectly or not, and had to take accountability for it. Then again, it was the military's responsibility to question the kid. Alina walked up the stairs and opened the bedroom, sticking her swords against the wall. [/COLOR]"I'm going to have to ask the girl a few questions. Military information." She walked in without asking. After all, it was still a crime scene and the military could demand answers for the safety of humanity. However, this meant the military was strict. Very strict. Persistent noncooperation meant instant and unconditional execution.

@Hanah Solo @Echo Dreamsong

Lexia Meyers

"Oh, Captain." Lexia saluted hastily and pointed to the house. "Captain Alina's still there. I didn't know you two actually talked, she's always out leading the scouting division." She stood straight when talking to the captain. "And, well...I'm a part of her division more often than yours. It's the tough times that makes your lenience all the more gratifying." She smiled, feeling that she could actually smile around Keita. Still, Lexia chose professionalism and stopped smiling.

@Nenma Takashi @StriderBro

Misha Kerensky

Locataion: Katie's Home

It was but a mere few minutes, a mere few minutes of guard duty, and already, Misha has become a little bored. Just leaning against the door frame, bearing the harsh gaze of the neighbors, not exactly what you could call a fulfilling task.

"So, I'll leave this front to you, I'm going to, er, scout out the perimeter." he said as he tapped on the newcomer's shoulder, whom of which, unbeknownst to Misha, out ranks him as a corporal.

Without waiting for a confirmation, Misha went on ahead to check out the inside of the house and indeed, it is nice, just as the captain had said, had it not been for the blood and shattered glass, it may look just as good as his old place. It was as he was admiring the interior decors that he stumbles upon a woman, speaking to a child. Misha realized immediately, that this must be the child he is not to speak with, but hey, who is to say he can't speak with the woman.

"Well, for one," said Misha to the woman, deciding to rudely cut in on a whim, "monsters are far better at killing than a human ever could, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to call them natural born killers in fact... Wait, does that mean the captain can be considered a monster?"

It was of course, but a humorous musing as far as Misha is concern, twas but a joke that he didn't expect anyone outside the military to get. However, that in itself isn't a problem, nope, the dread only came to Misha after the captain came into the room from his blind spot, and immediately, Misha's expression froze and cold sweat began pouring. Since he saw the captain packing that body into a bag, he thought she was heading out, he didn't expect her to return so soon.

@Brass Skeleton @Hanah Solo @Echo Dreamsong @JPax

Dave glanced at Lexia when Keita approached, saluting as well, staying mostly silent during the briefing. The scout regiment...he had though about it for years...going to see the ground, fighting monsters, doing what he was actually trained for. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't at least a little bit jealous of Lexia for getting in.

@JPax @Nenma Takashi

Keita nodded her head stepping past the two she walked towards the house. "At ease." She said walking past them going into the house some she quickly found out where Alina was from other soldiers. "What exactly is someone who is mostly on scouting doing dealing with affairs such as this?" She asked standing in the doorway she guessed Alina was letting her emotions fuel her quest to be apart of this but if she was then it was Keita's job to see she stopped. Captains like them couldn't let emotions be the reason for any decision that involved the safety of humanity or else things could turn from bad to worse in seconds. "Are you alright?" To anyone else this would seem like a simply question one would ask a fellow comrade. But it was different when Keita said it wasn't a 'I'm concerned about you.' question it was a 'Are you sure you can handle this job?' question and she knew Alina understood what she meant.

Captain Alina Acklen

Alina heard the joke Misha had cracked, and didn't bother to laugh. Sure, she was a monster. That could very much be true, judging by the way she fought. Having instincts that could rival monsters and even intelligent thoughts, all Alina did was get the job done. No remorse, no second thoughts. The captain turned her dead gaze to Captain Keita. Alina found the other captain as slightly uncaring, having only true concern for the mission at hand, equipment, and most definitely not the lives of her comrades. "Lexia fired her gun. That's a direct call for aid." This wasn't the first time Alina had been accused for acting on emotion, but there was really no emotion there. Almost everyone was too afraid to look into her eyes. "Let this be a reminder to you that it's our job to defend humanity. If a human attacks another human, would you make the decision for who is right, or would you just watch from the sidelines as your comrades die." That was a direct statement about the sniper role. Being different parts of the military earned different mindsets. Alina prioritized lives, yet others still died on missions. If she didn't, then there would be no military. 

@Nenma Takashi @Hanah Solo @Echo Dreamsong

Lexia Meyers

"That was quite painful. I think she has an axe to grind with Alina for some reason. Then again, I would too if I was a captain." Lexia looked over the edge to the monsters, and then suddenly remembered something. "Damnit! Something went down this morning, we better ask around and see what's going on! C'mon!" She made a sprint towards the stairs to the lower level, grabbing the railing and basically swinging herself down about ten steps at a time.

@StriderBro

"Wait, Lexia, what are you-" He called after her, but she already was off running. "Fuck...here we go again." He ran after her, sliding down the railing quickly. "Lexia, wait up!" 

What was up with her lately? Running off like this, straight into danger. And what even for? What on earth could require going to the lower level, of all places?

@JPax

Keita took a step forward into the room more looking around the room for a moment before answering Alina's question with another question. "If one of your comrades was endangering your whole squad would you kill them? If you could save one soldier but it meant risking the lives of all your other men would you still try to save them? If saving one life meant the lives of two or three I'd leave the one to die in a heartbeat. That's just how I do things it's clear we put different things above others, I'm not going to give you some kind of lecture about how your wrong for thinking like that." She tapped her finger against her temple. "Just remember I put the mission above all else that includes my own life if need be." Alina was someone Keita respected for her skills but that didn't mean she didn't see her flaws. That wasn't to say Keita was without her own flaws she understood well her mindset could be seen as monstrous. It simply just how she thought a Captain should think she couldn't help it this was always how she thought.

Lexia Meyers

"Hold on!" Lexia sprinted to the barracks and burst into the room without warning, grabbing ahold of certain pieces of equipment. Military grade rope, two brand new axes, and a new uniform. "Hey, what happened here? Anyone there? Never mind. Dave? I heard something. Whatever, doesn't matter! Dave, put on a scouting uniform, I swear we have to check something out!"

@StriderBro

Captain Alina Acklen

Through simple talking, Alina could quite easily see that Keita wasn't a captain the way Alina thought captains were to be; she was a strategist. Of course, Alina never thought about Keita as monstrous, simply as slightly selfish. That barely mattered to Alina anyways. "Remind me, is it our mission to protect humanity, or is it to act on selfish reasons for the sake of yourself. I've never lost my eye on the goals." Alina turned her hollow gaze to meet Keita's eyes. The instant they met, Alina's gaze became slightly more intense. "If you let all your comrades die, you won't have a mission to complete." She knew that, while captains were exceptionally skilled, there was only so many soldiers they could make use of. It didn't seem Keita was aware that each life's worth couldn't be measured by pieces of equipment or even successful missions. Alina's ruthlessness didn't mean she was going to be wasteful with lives.

"We can discuss our views later. For now, we have this mess right here." Alina pointed to Katie and Camille. "I must return to the lower level. Misha, Corporal, come with me." Without waiting for Keita's response, Alina walked right out of the door and made a hasty walk towards the ledge. The other captain's views were important, but of course if monsters were involved, that had to take priority.

@Nenma Takashi @Hanah Solo @Brass Skeleton @Echo Dreamsong @revior 

Without warning, Dave grabbed Lexia by the shoulders, making her face him. "Lex! What the fuck are you going on about?!" He let her go, taking a step back and taking a deep breath, eyes closed. When his eyes opened again, he looked straight at her, trying to read her expression. "I don't know what your going on about, and I would follow you into hell if you asked. But the ground is worse then hell, and you we don't have a captain, and you aren't telling me why. So, please, talk to me."

@JPax

Misha Kerensky

Misha is sweating buckets now, not just because of his unbecoming joke being overheard, but also because currently, right before his eyes, the captains, humanity's foremost killing machines, are seemingly, at least to him, at each other's throat. Being right there at "ground zero", not exactly the most comfortable position, it really makes him wish he had stayed and guarded the door.

"Captain Keita, pardon me, a mere soldier for saying this, but there's nothing wrong with backing up a fellow soldier when you can afford to, and I believe you're blowing this way out of proportion. I mean come on, we're train to fight monsters, how much trouble can a couple of civilians be. In fact, I'm surprised that it took so much just to subdue a couple of child beaters......"

And it was around that time, Misha realized that he may have said too much, and decided to pull out before Captain Keita decides to have his head and ran after Captain Alina, having been order to follow her just a moment ago and should really have done just that upon that instant instead of blabbing his mouth to another captain.

"You know, Cap'n" he decided to start chatting again after catching up with his captain, "I don't think it's fair to call Captain Keita selfish back there. She has a point you know, sometimes we just can't save anyone and it would be wise to cut our losses and pull back before things get worse."

While Misha was saying all that, he wondered, which of these two captains will most likely march him to his doom? Not that he could choose who to follow, but it's something to muse about at least. Now, since joining the military, Misha had lost all hope of a long, peaceful life, but there's nothing wrong with hoping for a longer life expectancy, at least he doesn't think so. Well whatever, no use thinking about hypothetical situation, you just gotta take it one step at a time and deal with this terrible life as it comes and hope it doesn't screw you up.

@JPax @Nenma Takashi @Brass Skeleton

Captain Alina Acklen | Lexia Meyers

"There's a reason command is centered on us. I sense a few doubts, something I cannot afford on a mission. Put them aside. Is it your mission to bitch and complain?" Alina slid down the railing and opened the door to the Barracks. "If it isn't, you should-" 

Lexia felt herself shaken by Dave and could do absolutely nothing against him. Her eyes widened as she stared at him until he let go. "I-" Lexia turned her head to see that Captain Alina and Misha had returned. Her face turned bright red in embarrassement and turned around to the uniforms. She let out an uncomfortable mumble and tended to herself. Being smaller than most other soldiers, she was particularly timid looking. "Lexia, you're here for the voices are you not?" The captain looked around the Barracks, then back to the soldier. The soldier nodded. "Yeah...it's him."

The captain widened her eyes for just a fraction of a second before returning to normal. She then sent an order. "All soldiers in the scouting brigade, report to lower level barracks." 

@revior @Insane @Jefferson @Brass Skeleton @StriderBro @Nenma Takashi 

Dave's frown worsened, balling his fists. Ok, now he was pissed off. He growled in aggravation before shouting, "HEY!", getting everyone's attention. "WHAT. THE FUCK. IS GOING ON?! Someone start explaining, and explain it NOW!"

@JPax

The feeling when you miss a whole lot because RPnation decides not to notify you about important shit.

Shiru saw several soldiers rushing to the lower levels, so he went along with them to see what was going on. He was probably going to go there either way. When he got there, Dave was shouting for someone to tell him what was going on. How convenient.

"So uh.....what IS going on?"

@revior @Insane @Jefferson @Brass Skeleton @StriderBro @Nenma Takashi @JPax

Misha Kerensky

"And that reason is that you're a badass killing machine that know all there is to know in regards to the best way to go around killing a monster, yes? And no cap'n, my mission is to kill monsters, bitch, AND compla-"

Misha was lost for words, not because he had suddenly forgotten what he was going to say, but that his full attention was caught by what he saw when the captain opened the door to the barracks.

"Oh my, how scandalous." he said with a glint of mischievousness reflecting off his eyes and a playful tone as he witness Dave grabbing Lexia by the shoulder, both looking somewhat agitated, frustrated even. Sexual frustration? Maybe.

However, he soon found his deduction to be mostly an error, as both the captain and Lexis began saying something cryptic and DAve began to freak out. What's this? A love triangle? But jokes aside, since the captain called for all personnel of the scouting brigade to gather at the barracks, it's bound to be serious.

"Now, now, Dave, calm down, I'm sure the cap'n will brief us on it soon enough, she's not one to leave us hanging when it's something serious," he said to Dave before turning towards Alina, "Ain't that right cap'n?"

@JPax @StriderBro @Doctor Nope

The minute Dave shouted, Lexia covered his mouth with her hand. "I just saved you a good deal of trouble." Alina turned her glare to the soldier, then to the rest while Lexia shuffled away to reload her axe blades. "Like I was going to say for the first time, Lexia heard something a few days ago. The scream of a human was no human scream. It was a greenhorn. We killed one this morning, it's wise to assume there are more." She pulled down a diagram of the greenhorn, as well as the gecko. "It's likely that these are also on the way. We did see that the greenhorn is capable of learning. Now, I don't expect a full army of these creatures, but if you do see more than 15, notify command immediately. Never attempt to engage a greenhorn without help. And, lastly, I'm counting you off. We fight as one unit, but you are going to watch your partner's back to minimize losses. Corporal Shiru, you're with Misha. Corporal Aiden is with Mickey. Lexia, you're with..." 

The captain turned her gaze to Dave. She knew that he had been trained to handle monsters. "Lexia, you're with Dave." The girl nodded immediately as she hitched her axes in her belt. "Yes captain." 

@Doctor Nope @revior @Insane @Jefferson @StriderBro

Shiru worked well with anyone, so this was perfectly fine. On top of that, something interesting was happening for once, although this was pretty life-threatening.

"Yes Captain" he replied, professionalism and calmness in his voice.

@JPax@revior

So sorry for lack of posting, had a busy few days.

Vendaval — Lower Levels

Vendaval couldn't help but smile as the Captain lectured him and the other late arrival about the unfairness of life; he always found it entertaining when those younger than him tried to give him life advice. Instead of saying anything, however, Vendaval simply nodded and went off to do what had been asked of him. He knew better than to cross those he reported to.

For what felt like a good few hours, Vendaval did as he had been ordered and kept curious passers-by away from the scene of the crime, through a combination of gentle redirection and not-so-subtle threats. Vendaval never did like this part of the job; policing people instead of hunting monsters felt like a waste of time. There were enough things trying to kill them already, there was no point in killing each other. Though, clearly, sometimes it needed to be done and that saddened him.

Vendaval continued to guide people away from the house until an order came down to gather in the barracks. He quickly made his way over and arrived just as Captain Alina mentioned the Greenhorns. He stayed quiet until the Captain had finished giving out orders, then approached her. "Captain, reporting for duty."

@JPax

Dave glared a bit at the captain before standing straight, looking her in the eyes. "Yes...captain." He mumbled before walking back to the lockers, getting ready for whatever fight was to come.

Suddenly, an old man burst into the barracks, holding multiple rolls of papers and in a lab coat, followed by two (very nervous looking) teenagers, also in lab coats. "Captain Alina! Captain Alina!"

@JPax

"Alright, Vendaval you're with corporal Shiru and Misha." Alina was glad people were actually showing up. She pulled out both of her blood-covered swords and began to replace the weapon's blades.

Lexia had gone into a serious trance, her usual smiling face was now replaced with a serious scowl. She couldn't change her small appearance and face other than that, so it didn't look as intimidating as the captains. Still, it showed that she was definitely serious about what she was doing. Three extra axe blades, a small knife, signal pistol, and bag along with the uniform, as well as the industrial rope. When the man burst into the room, Lexia's head whirled around at the speed of sound to stare. "What!?-"

Alina was particularly excited and annoyed at the man's entrance, though her face still resembled one of death. "Most of us could've very easily been half naked and armed." She felt that was enough of a threat to make sure the man didn't burst into the barracks over and over, seeing as it was the only private space the military could get for themselves. "Get this over with, quickly."

@StriderBro @Doctor Nope @revior @Brass Skeleton

Users who are viewing this thread