The Height Advantage [IC]

Keita let out a sigh as Alina left she lifted her hand to rub it across her bow. 'Selfish.' She repeated in her head Alina seemed to misunderstand her view one over the many but that meant long term as well. If a soldier proved useful to the mission she'd have to save them. Keita didn't judge on simple things like equipment or rank. Skills, experience, personality, and moral were all factors when deciding if a soldier was worth it to save. Keita eyed the soldier who agreed with Alina that she should think more of others as they left. She looked at the rest of the soldiers in the room. "Your all dismissed go on about your business. Make sure that child is safe." 

She left the house heading for the barracks on her way she heard a bit of commotion. "Alina sure finds herself at the center of alot of crazy stuff." She muttered to herself as she entered. "Might I ask to assist you?" To understand Alina she figured she needed to see her in action it was coming to her realization the two barely talked to one another.

@JPax 

Dave jumped a bit at Lexias outburst, placing a hand on her shoulder to try and calm her down. "Lex, take it easy."

Dr.Monroe nodded quickly, laying out his many documents. Despite his age, he was still quite an active old man and the oldest man in the city. "Captain Alina, I have BIG NEWS!" He said with a flare of his hands, spreading out a map. The map had the tree in the center and a dotted line plotted from one corner to the other, passing right through the tree. "As you may now, there has been an increase in Greenhorn activity lately, you can tell from just the smell, but what you DONT know is that this has happened before! What we're seeing here is the second great Greenhorn migration, where greenhorns go to their mating grounds! A huge pack of greenhorns are going to pass right through the ground area and shake the very tree itself! Isn't that amazing?!"

@JPax

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Alina Acklen | Lexia Meyers

Lexia let out a small whimper and calmed down, not leaving Dave's hand. "Okay, but seriously he could've walked in at a bad time." 

"Yes. You may." Alina turned her eyes to Keita, briefly. "You don't need pairing up with someone, do you?" Alina was sure that Keita couldn't keep up with her in the trees, since that required a different type of training. In fact, having her as a sniper would be more than beneficial. It would increase chances of survival, but it's not like a shot through the heart can kill a greenhorn. But, support was support and that's a valuable asset in the fight against monsters.

She turned her attention to the doctor again. "The last time I saw greenhorns joining up with one another was when one greenhorn was trying to take a shit." Alina examined the map. "So we just send out an earthquake warning while the military goes on watch. Sounds simple enough. Is there any news that we can make use of?"

@StriderBro @Nenma Takashi @revior @Brass Skeleton @Doctor Nope

"I know that, but that's Dr.Monroe. Snapping at a guy like him is like snapping at a captain. Pretty sure it's a public offense."

"Well Captain," he started, before pulling out another paper, this one a diagram of a greenhorns internal systems. "The bad news is, these green horns will need a place to stay tonight, and under the tree is a perfect spot. They'll brush against the trunk, lock horns to fight for dominance. The area under the tree will be a slaughter house for anything on the ground. But there is good news!" He waved forward an assistant, who was carrying a very large jar of a green liquid. "Female Greenhorn hormones! A concentrated batch of this will lead away any male. Though, that still leads the females to fight off. If you play your cards right, this could result in a HUGE blow to the Greenhorn population!"

@JPax

"Well i was going to buy food when i hear you, then you need at least bed and some new clothes."

Camille walked out from Katie's old house whit Katie, heading towards market stall where she was shopping before.

Shiru nonchalantly put on his gauntlets and other basic joint protection. He never really wore that much armour as most monsters these days could easily kill a soldier wearing full plates, so he didn't want the extra useless weight and instead opted for what was absolutely necessary. He listened to Dr.Monroe's explanation on what was going on, eagerly waiting to begin the mission.

"Fine." Lexia scoffed and began putting on her equipment. Extra axe blades, extra blank rounds, gloves, and all the important stuff such as food and first-aid in her bag. "Are you sure he's okay in the head? And she's okay in the head? In fact, I think just about everyone in the recon division is insane." She put on a set of boots and then grabbed finally, the military grade wire. She tied it around her waist, hooked it onto the roof, and began to hang from it. 

Alina studied carefully. "The hormones definitely smell better than greenhorn shit. It won't be too hard to come up with a plan based on what we're going off of." She then joined her group in preparing. Alina didn't have very much equipment compared to a lot of soldiers, but that's because her style of attack was different. Very different.

@StriderBro @revior @Brass Skeleton @Nenma Takashi @Doctor Nope

Shiru finished preparing by putting on his backpack. He didn't actually have anything inside it, this was just incase he acquired anything that he'd want to bring back, such as Buckzilla hide. He had both swords strapped to his back, and now only had to wait until the others finished preparing and for an actual plan to be made.

@JPax@StriderBro

Misha Kerensky

Misha was already prepared from the get go as he simply didn't have all that many things he needed on him; a standard military saber, a military combat knife, and a chain mail under his uniform for just a tad bit more protection was good enough for him. So he was just listening in on everyone's conversation, secretly nervous of his first actual sortie into the field against such massive numbers of hostiles, and wanting to forget his anxieties.

"You know we're all in the same room and we all have ears right, Lexis?" said Misha a bit irritably, his nervousness affecting him slightly.

"So anyways cap'n, it great that we got them hormones and all that, but wouldn't someone have to carry it from here to somewhere else to lead the horny Greenhorns away, no doubt being chased by maybe a few dozens of said horny Greenhorns? Unless of course, we somehow managed to strap it on a Buckzilla or something, but even then I doubt it would get too far. Then again, if we managed to get this hormones on multiple of them would that work I wonder? Oh, but here I am, bitching and complaining like always, I doubt you'd want to hear any of that right?"

Again, Misha was talking too much, but all that blabbering helped him calm down, helped him distract himself, and who knows, maybe there was a good idea in there after all.

@Doctor Nope @JPax @StriderBro @Nenma Takashi @Brass Skeleton

Dave listened to Misha, hearing the sense in his words. Someone WOULD have to lead the stuff away, at the risk of a bunch of Greenhorns on his ass. Dave knew the trees, maybe he could...

He looked back at Lexia, mumbling to himself, 'guess we can't get that dinner' before he stepped forward, dressed in his new uniform. "Captain, I'll carry the hormones. I'm fast, and I know the trees, I can get away."

Shiru listened to Dave's proposal to carry the hormones, thinking that it made sense with his abilities. He looked at his teammates and tried to figure out what this team would be best at. They had an invisibility user that could inflict pain from a distance, a really fast person, and someone who could control water which could come in real handy if it rained. Not bad.

"I think we'll be able to hold off the slightly larger groups that approach"

If his team played their cards right, they could become a very effective greenhorn slaughter squad.

@JPax@Brass Skeleton@revior

"Then it's settled. Dave and Lexia draw the greenhorns out. Stay focused, I'd rather not bring home a pile of greenhorn shit to your family. Corporal, I'm aware of your ability but remember they can still smell you. Watch your back, watch your comrades' backs and make sure to disable as many as you can. Quantity over quality." Alina turned to the corporal, then back to the squad once again. It looked like that's how it was going to go down.

Lexia looked at her arms. "Okay, so while we're doing all that complicated stuff, captain, might I ask, what are you doing other than you know, overseeing this operation?" 

Alina wasn't fazed by the question. "I'd rather have captain Keita oversee this, seeing as she's the sniper. As for me..." She yanked her swords out of the floor. "I'll handle the slicing and quartering. Stay on task."

@StriderBro@Nenma Takashi@revior@Doctor Nope

Dave glanced at Lexia, frowning. He'd rather her NOT come with him to lead them away. To big of a risk on her. Plus, he'd have to watch out for her as well as himself, which did not make things easier on him. "Yes...captain."

@JPax

Keita nodded as Alina seemed to be giving her the lead in this mission. "I won't let any of you down. Be sure to stick close to Captain Alina if you do not wish to die. I would also advise not worrying too much about any monsters sneaking up on you all. I won't allow us to be flanked by any unknown approaching beast as long as I'm around there won't be a thing out there that we don't know is out there first." She clutched her bow in her hand turning to look at Alina she asked. "Is it alright asking you to focus on watching the troops while I focus my efforts on making sure we don't get flanked?"

"Right." Alina knew that Keita will know exactly what to do, because captains usually did. It wasn't far too complicated anyways, it was just the execution portion that truly needed to be done. If someone didn't perform, then the entire mission was jeopardized. "Dave, if you have a problem with her you can tell me. Remember she's trained for this too."

Lexia crossed her arms. "I'm okay as long as he doesn't drag me down."

"He's trained too. Now, enough briefing. Doctor Monroe, we'll talk once we return. Misha, Keita, Shiru, Dave, Lexia. Positions. Now."

@Nenma Takashi @Doctor Nope @StriderBro @revior

Dave's frown grew, not hiding his obvious distaste in the matter. "...yes Captain." He turned back to Lexia, putting on a smile. "Ready to do this Lex? I'm sure as hell excited."

@JPax

"Yes Captain"

Shiru looked towards his two teammates, jerking his head towards the door as a signal as he walked out to the edge of tree town. Huge blow to the Greenhorn population, huh? Good, this meant he wouldn't have to listen to them all night while he tried to sleep.

@JPax@revior@Brass Skeleton

Users who are viewing this thread