• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I'll try to have a post up in the morning. I've been crazy busy lately and massively behind!

What exciting news! The Crown is preparing a tournament between the twelve houses, and members of the guild have been chosen to participate! If asked, which house would your character want to represent? What roles would they be best in? If you have several characters you can write for as many as you wish, but only one can receive the 50 point bonus.

Note: this is an OOC event, not an IC one.

The Tournament
The houses all have different roles in the tournament, though they each get their chance to participate in one way or another.
  • The ruling class houses are responsible for organising the tournament, and participate only in games of refinement or intellect.
  • The order class houses make sure everything runs smoothly, from security to trade. They participate in the more exciting events such as fights and jousts.
  • The life class houses are responsible for setting everything up, and may use the opportunity to promote their wares. They participate in competitions that showcase their skills and abilities.
There is no minimum or maximum length requirement. Write as much or as little trivia about your characters as you wish, whether it's about the tournament or their relation to the twelve houses. Multiple characters and those outside the guild can be included, but only one character will receive the 50 extra skill points for being part of the OOC event.

Link to the Lore Thread
For this OOC event, is it taken as 'canon'? As in, did this actually happen IC in some imaginary past timeframe and our characters can mention it in passing and whatnot? If not, that's perfectly fine too, I was just wondering if I should add it to my private notes for Nanalee.

For this OOC event, is it taken as 'canon'? As in, did this actually happen IC in some imaginary past timeframe and our characters can mention it in passing and whatnot? If not, that's perfectly fine too, I was just wondering if I should add it to my private notes for Nanalee.
The event is purely for character building purposes and is not canon, though you can add the bonus points to her character sheet. While Lantana might hold tournaments similar to what was described from time to time, in reality the guild's ability to participate would be very limited. Hope that helps!

obviously he couldn't go around slapping every crew member until they were out of the waters
--OKAY YES BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE
Poor Ashitaka running around deck with a fish, slapping sailors before they jump overboard

The event is purely for character building purposes and is not canon, though you can add the bonus points to her character sheet. While Lantana might hold tournaments similar to what was described from time to time, in reality the guild's ability to participate would be very limited. Hope that helps!

--OKAY YES BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE
Poor Ashitaka running around deck with a fish, slapping sailors before they jump overboard
This is absolutely something I would do in real life and probably have in a previous one.

Sylph Sylph
I have a quick question about the Scavenger, I know it was stated it’s a smaller sized vessel but about how big is the Scavenger in terms of length, width, and height?

Also were most of the crew below deck now?

Sylph Sylph
I have a quick question about the Scavenger, I know it was stated it’s a smaller sized vessel but about how big is the Scavenger in terms of length, width, and height?

Also were most of the crew below deck now?
I'm not much good with exact measurements but it would be around the size of a large sloop of war according to the chart below. The lowermost boat in the middle column.
images
I see the hull as being longer than a commercial passenger ferry but not as wide, and height wise it's about average. There's also not a great deal of room below deck. The cabins make up the back third while cannons and supplies occupy the rest of the areas. A four or five man crew could manage to sail it quite successfully I think—the extra numbers are mainly for dealing with threats on the water.

There would still be a fair few crew on deck, though some do have ways of dealing with the sirens already. I'm planning to work on responses tomorrow so let me know if there's anything you want mentioned.

I'm not much good with exact measurements but it would be around the size of a large sloop of war according to the chart below. The lowermost boat in the middle column.
images
I see the hull as being longer than a commercial passenger ferry but not as wide, and height wise it's about average. There's also not a great deal of room below deck. The cabins make up the back third while cannons and supplies occupy the rest of the areas. A four or five man crew could manage to sail it quite successfully I think—the extra numbers are mainly for dealing with threats on the water.

There would still be a fair few crew on deck, though some do have ways of dealing with the sirens already. I'm planning to work on responses tomorrow so let me know if there's anything you want mentioned.

It’s quite alright, measurements are hard to give exacts for. Knowing the class of ship the Scavenger is helps quite a good bit though. The reason I asked about the dimensions of the vessel was that I had an idea in mind for how wide of an area Ruvo could affect with his magic. So knowing the width and depth of the hull would determine where he may position himself.

That being said, I don’t think I have any further questions at the moment.

Heyyyyyyyy! So my laptop has been getting fixed up for the past couple days, leaving me stranded without any RPN for a bit. Gonna get a post out tomorrow at the latest!!

OK SORRY TO DO THIS TO YOU ALL AGAIN BUT I'M MAKING A CHANGE TO THE THREAD NAME. It is now the Guildstone Chronicles as homage to the original title (The Guild Stone). I've been dithering back and forth for a while since I've never been completely happy with the thread name, but decided on changing it in the end.

Took me a while there thinking to myself “wait…what cannon fire?” before connecting the dots to Eiru’s broom blasting off from earlier on.
OH NO 😂 I wondered if that might trip someone up. Glad you connected the dots!

Right-o! I think I addressed everything and brought our sourpuss swordsman back into the present. I've been a bit all over the place lately so if something's out of place just LMK and I'll fix it. I definitely feel sorry for the poor schmucks that got a palm to the face. Been there done that!

Sylph Sylph Is the starting attribute points given to characters different or is there a standard max distribution for Attributes points?

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
It depends which rank you want to start your character at. If your character starts at copper rank they have 50 points to distribute, at iron it's 100, silver 250, or gold ranks have 500 attribute point to use. The idea is you can start high but take longer to progress, or your character can start low but receive the bonuses that come from ranking up.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
It depends which rank you want to start your character at. If your character starts at copper rank they have 50 points to distribute, at iron it's 100, silver 250, or gold ranks have 500 attribute point to use. The idea is you can start high but take longer to progress, or your character can start low but receive the bonuses that come from ranking up.
Ah okay, Thank you. I'll have my character copper ranked for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back