• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Growing Storm (1906 rp)

When you procrastinated for a week and missed turn one.

Just kidding, I just have so much of an advantage over you Europeans that it would be unfair to start at the same time.

I give equal rights and minorities are discontent For being forced to conscript just like Muslims.

I give equal rights and minorities are discontent For being forced to conscript just like Muslims.
Well first off the majority of minority groups don't like you, the last time the ottomons implemented a constitution they stripped it within a few years or later. Plus nationalism is on the rise, the Balkans if filled with a vast majority of orthodox Christians and your trying to shove your religion down their throat by forcing minority schools and such to teach children mostly muslim culture and such.

Well first off the majority of minority groups don't like you, the last time the ottomons implemented a constitution they stripped it within a few years or later. Plus nationalism is on the rise, the Balkans if filled with a vast majority of orthodox Christians and your trying to shove your religion down their throat by forcing minority schools and such to teach children mostly muslim culture and such.
Muslim_population_Ottoman_Empire_vilayets_provinces_1906_1907_census.png
Actually there are a fair ammount of Muslims in the Region.

It was april not January.
Also yeah that teach minorities while deporting them is self inflicting
"The Algeciras Conference of 1906 took place in Algeciras, Spain, and lasted from 16 January to 7 April" This is what I got from the wiki :p granted it took place a couple weeks after the start date but I figured it was close enough

Also I apologize I wasn't clear, but the Chancellors plan was to begin teaching German/Native languages, stopping previous German attempts at Germanization which was deporting/destruction of culture. So Germany isn't deporting anyone, at least not anymore xP Could that be revised, or should I just revise that next turn?

When you layoff 75k troops. Rip World War I preparations.
Hotzendorf's military genius at work!

Also I just realized this but the majority of "Muslims" within the Balkans, are most likely natives who were forced to change their beliefs.

Which probably explains the huge spike of orthodox Christians and such later in the years do to minorities realizing that the ottoman empire is becoming weaker and the nearby smaller nations are growing ever more stronger.

In a span of year? Also I need to know where your getting your side of the information?
I know my own History, Reading, History books etc etc.

Many Muslims left, forced out of their homes or were killed during the Balkan Wars, many took Refugee in Anatolia and Turkish Thrace.

Alright then I'll change it up
@Keidvh Are you talking about the teaching thing?
Thanks For giving attention to the subject I would like to further explain my point of view

1- Quran never was translated to any other language than Arabic (Until We Turks translated it in 20s-30s -Corredtion, it was translated to many languages but few survived and none are languages used in the Empire.) so The Minorities (many of them Illiterate in their own languages as well) having oppinion about it's contents is dubious at best since even Muslims had to relly on Imams.

2-Many of the Muslims in the region were Nomadic Turks who were settled there by the Ottoman Empire and rest were Turkified Natives while only Bosniaks and Albanians and some Pomaks retained their identity For a fact the Creator of modern Turkey, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk was born in Salonica and was the son of Two Türkmen families in the region.

3-1914 Demoghraphics are inaccurate For the time period since 1911-1913 is the period when Most Muslims left the region and moved to Anatolia. (But you already changed this, again you have my thanks.)

4- Minorities are conscripted in equal numbers to Muslims meaning that any one between the Ages of 18-45 are to be considered soldiers and are expected to serve 6 years active and an additational 14 years as reserves. The Service can be delayed if the person is purseuing education. Or can pay a fee if he is an only child Or All his siblings are currently serving he can stay in reserve (My grandfather's father did this and worked as a translator since he knew Russian.) Meaning that there are still quite a lot Non-Muslims left just like Muslims.

And one last thing

I made no attempt to convert minorities but that might just be because of a misunderstanding of the word 'Children of the Book' which does not just refer to Muslims but also Jewish and Christians and means that they are also religions sent by God (Or as most people call Allah since most don't know that Allah is a arabic word derived from İlah (God) Christians and Jews who speak Arabic Or Turkish also refer to God as Allah) meaning I ordered the exactly opposite and tried to raise tolerance.

Last edited:
Alright then I'll change it up
@Keidvh Are you talking about the teaching thing?
Yes, to be more clear Germanization previously was failing, which consisted of deportation, attempting to remove native language, so now it has been changed so that both German and native in an effort to bring instill German culture while respecting theirs. Which means no more deportations r anything like that. I could revise that to make it more clear

At a party so sorry if this is choppy

Last edited:
Thanks For giving attention to the subject I would like to further explain my point of view

1- Quran never was translated to any other language than Arabic (Until We Turks translated it in 20s-30s -Corredtion, it was translated to many languages but few survived and none are languages used in the Empire.) so The Minorities (many of them Illiterate in their own languages as well) having oppinion about it's contents is dubious at best since even Muslims had to relly on Imams.

2-Many of the Muslims in the region were Nomadic Turks who were settled there by the Ottoman Empire and rest were Turkified Natives while only Bosniaks and Albanians and some Pomaks retained their identity For a fact the Creator of modern Turkey, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk was born in Salonica and was the son of Two Türkmen families in the region.

3-1914 Demoghraphics are inaccurate For the time period since 1911-1913 is the period when Most Muslims left the region and moved to Anatolia. (But you already changed this, again you have my thanks.)

4- Minorities are conscripted in equal numbers to Muslims meaning that any one between the Ages of 18-45 are to be considered soldiers and are expected to serve 6 years active and an additational 14 years as reserves. The Service can be delayed if the person is purseuing education. Or can pay a fee if he is an only child Or All his siblings are currently serving he can stay in reserve (My grandfather's father did this and worked as a translator since he knew Russian.) Meaning that there are still quite a lot Non-Muslims left just like Muslims.

And one last thing

I made no attempt to convert minorities but that might just be because of a misunderstanding of the word 'Children of the Book' which does not just refer to Muslims but also Jewish and Christians and means that they are also religions sent by God (Or as most people call Allah since most don't know that Allah is a arabic word derived from İlah (God) Christians and Jews who speak Arabic Or Turkish also refer to God as Allah) meaning I ordered the exactly opposite and tried to raise tolerance.
Thank you for enlightnening me on that, I'll look on your turn again and change stuff up along with U.S's stuff. Also events will be tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back