• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Great Mage Hunt of Delaran Interest Check

Jackaboi

One Thousand Club
So I had a wild idea about a fantasy world where people are afraid of mages. Maybe due to a few bad experiences, a certain king, Queen, Emperor etc called for the complete eradication of these wielders of magic. By forming a military organisation dedicated to that very task. My idea is that neither the mages nor this military are the antagonists here. It’s pick a side and have your character hold true to what they believe the truth is. Are the mages truly too dangerous to keep around? Or are they a magic user themselves? Desperate to survive in this world where everyone wants you dead? Obviously this is just a random idea that just popped in my head thanks to another rp I used to be in a couple years ago. So I’d need time to properly plan this out if enough people show some interest. Also I’d be a complete newb of a rp gm, I apologise in advance in case I do a goof. But let me know if your interested! Ideas are also welcome!

Last edited:
As someone who loves Demacia's Lore... I would love to give this a try :3

If you want some ideas on what a anti-mage society would look like, there's a lot of info on League of Legend's main site (Just click on the page called Universe and find the kingdom called Demacia)

As someone who loves Demacia's Lore... I would love to give this a try :3

If you want some ideas on what a anti-mage society would look like, there's a lot of info on League of Legend's main site (Just click on the page called Universe and find the kingdom called Demacia)
Definitely sounds like something worth reading up on! Thanks for the suggestion. I already have some ideas brewing for some world building but we may have to wait a day or two until I have something solid. But great to hear you’re interested nonetheless!

Definitely sounds like something worth reading up on! Thanks for the suggestion. I already have some ideas brewing for some world building but we may have to wait a day or two until I have something solid. But great to hear you’re interested nonetheless!
Great timing too, since League just started a civil war event for Demacia to kick off their newest champion release. So the lore for Demacia and all characters associated with the kingdom should be up to date. If you have any questions about anything... feel free to hit me up :3 I know a lot about RPing and have a good amount of experience GMing myself (On top of Demacia being one of my favorite regions in League, so I know almost everything about it XD).

Great timing too, since League just started a civil war event for Demacia to kick off their newest champion release. So the lore for Demacia and all characters associated with the kingdom should be up to date. If you have any questions about anything... feel free to hit me up :3 I know a lot about RPing and have a good amount of experience GMing myself (On top of Demacia being one of my favorite regions in League, so I know almost everything about it XD).
Well I thank you in advance for the help. I’ll have a more detailed post up tomorrow about what to expect in this rp. This will be heavily story centered with arcs and what-not. I won’t be pulling any punches either with the heavier parts. Character death will certainly be a thing

Well I thank you in advance for the help. I’ll have a more detailed post up tomorrow about what to expect in this rp. This will be heavily story centered with arcs and what-not. I won’t be pulling any punches either with the heavier parts. Character death will certainly be a thing
What's an RP without at least one character death? :P

Fantasy - The Lore of Delaran

Here's the link to the lore page of the roleplay. I'll be posting the basic stuff that you'll all need to know here before I move on to anything else

Mena Mena ShadowHounder ShadowHounder

Edit: I have a decent amount of lore in the lore page. Should be enough to get something going with the rp. I'll get started on a character skeleton sheet and an OOC chat for ya'll

Last edited:
Interested!

Though, Is there a specific reason why mages are hated?
For now I’ve kept the reasoning due to the doing of a couple of actually evil mages unlocking more power than should be available to them. Once this rp is up and running I’ll be sure to add the history of how things turned out so bad

Hello? I'm interested in bringing rebellion upon my oppressors.

Hmmm...maybe... I'll be honest, I already have my share of RPs, but since I'm being invited I might be willing to give it a shot.

So, questions:
*What are the posting requirements going to be like? Are there any other rules?
*Are there any character restrictions I should be aware about?
*The magic system seems super open-ended, how do you plan on balancing things? If you aren't, then how do you plan on keeping the narrative stakes?

Hmmm...maybe... I'll be honest, I already have my share of RPs, but since I'm being invited I might be willing to give it a shot.

So, questions:
*What are the posting requirements going to be like? Are there any other rules?
*Are there any character restrictions I should be aware about?
*The magic system seems super open-ended, how do you plan on balancing things? If you aren't, then how do you plan on keeping the narrative stakes?
Good questions but not to worry, I am going to have the rules posted in the character thread as well as character restrictions to be made aware, which in of itself will be open to creativity. As well as for the sake of balance I am requiring more powerful magic to have equally debilitating drawbacks. Whether it can be in the form of specific weaknesses or having magic that drains energy reserves quicker than normal. I will be looking over the magic to make sure no one is too overpowered to join the rp

Good questions but not to worry, I am going to have the rules posted in the character thread as well as character restrictions to be made aware, which in of itself will be open to creativity. As well as for the sake of balance I am requiring more powerful magic to have equally debilitating drawbacks. Whether it can be in the form of specific weaknesses or having magic that drains energy reserves quicker than normal. I will be looking over the magic to make sure no one is too overpowered to join the rp
That's my secret captain...I am always worried. :P

Well, since I was invited, decripted your CS message and already posted on the OOC, I'll at least give this a shot. Though don't count me on staying necessarily. I am quite heavy on detail, so if the posts falter too much on that department I just can't stay invested.

In other words, I can't necessarily promise stability, but I'll try to hop in as long as you don't have a problem with that.

Last edited:
That's my secret captain...I am always worried. :P

Well, since I was invited, decripted your CS message and already posted on the OOC, I'll at least give this a shot. Though don't count me on staying necessarily. I am quite heavy on detail, so if the posts falter too much on that department I just can't stay invested.

In other orders, I can't necessarily promise stability, but I'll try to hop in as long as you don't have a problem with that.
Welp all I can do as a gm is try to make this interesting and fun for everyone I can. But if it turns out it ain't for ya I won't be salty about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back