• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Great Games of Nye

Characters
Here
𝓜𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓸𝓻 '𝓜𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓴' 𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓻
Mavior was silent as Arnheid and the other men spoke, every word the woman said hung onto like a life-line in a maze. She knew everything they might need to survive, and they knew nothing. An open mind was vital to their chance of success, and gratifying their own existence and ego's would serve no good. Both of them were competent in a fight he was sure, but he couldn't speak on their survival skills. Even his own survival skills would have little to no translation to their current situation. He remembered reading a few things once upon a time, memorizing facts and details...but that was theory, not practice. And he hadn't read in great detail, and it was now that he wished he'd spent more time in those studies. Then when Arnheid gave the saying regarding the king, Mav spoke without even thinking of it, "For I was conscious that I knew practically nothing..." The only certainty in life was that you could never claim to know everything, and those who boasted such knew the least. Mav's gaze glanced over towards Zak, those glossy black goggles reflecting a mirror of Zak back at him. "I know how to sail. Never through the ice, but I can navigate and I know the practicalities of it. That minimum sum of knowledge may be useful, yet. I recall a few readings regarding the frozen north. I admit, I neglected much of those readings in pursuit of other things. Precognition is not one of my skillsets."

His attention drifted towards Arnheid, a simple nod of his head...well at least some readings were applicable. "It is my hope Njörd grants us favorable waters in our journey, and that his son Freyr grants us protection from the more terrible weather." Mavior paused at the request for a solemn vow, a swear that he was good for his word. At once there was a soft click of his heels as he stood straight like a soldier, a hand above his brow in a stern salute before he went at ease. "You've my word, that on His name, if that blade should be found it will be returned. Hope guide my way." It was as formal a prayer as he could offer, he was never much of a man of faith. But, he ascribed that something was beyond him, and at the very least he could give as earnest a prayer as he could offer. And if such a prayer gave them the good graces of the woman before them, some knowledge to keep them alive, he'd accept it. Though Ivan continued to speak, and Mavior inclined his gaze up to him, head tilting to the side just a bit. "You are comparing ice cubes to glaciers. scandanavian countries will only go as low as negative twenty degrees celcius in the winter months. Arctic wastes are vast empty expanses with nowhere to cut the wind or hide yourself from the natural weather, and can plummet as low as negative fifty four to fourty six degrees celcius at their coldest points...you have experienced cold, not the arctic. This speaks nothing of the dangers of ice sheets, falling winds, sea fog, or blizzards to name a few of the physical dangers ahead. Psychologically speaking, there are dangers that you could never hope to pierce with a blade, and I should hope your mental fortitude is as strong as the steel you wield." Mavior relaxed the stance he had taken in his prayer, the male putting that goggled gaze back on Arnheid. "What knowledge can you spare, ma'am?"
mav-art-5-jpg.1117578
Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
Land sharks? Were land sharks actually a thing in McCraggy? Then Ava bared her sharp teeth, and Anya decided it was a metaphor. It was difficult to imagine the large woman as metaphorical, but the silver-haired girl decided she’d prefer to live in a world in which she was, instead of one with land sharks.

Thankfully before her thoughts could spiral further, Ren grabbed her attention. She may have no fear of lightning, but the ability to mess with your head was enough to make Anya not want to be anywhere near her. She assumed the ability went beyond words, due to Kallos’s reactions, but even her words were bile against Narzas. For all that she wanted to believe the assassin was above manipulation, she couldn’t shake the feeling otherwise. Neither could Johan, it seemed, as he spoke, his sarcasm causing a chill in the air.

Time? Anya blinked, finding the new word a surprise. Had he bent time? Though it’d felt like time held still, it had passed, but the crowd and cops hadn’t seemed to notice. So maybe he’d bent time for them? Still, she could tell he didn’t really believe her. It chaffed. At least when Ren voiced his disbelief it was considering. Surely if this checkered lady had mind control, then it wasn’t a stretch for someone to mess with a crowd. She touched the small compartment on her thigh, which she’d hid the dice inside, but with a glance at the blond woman again, decided against pulling them out.

The ‘sort of ally’ had followed them into the office, keeping up her rhetoric about Johan’s past fucks. Out of fucks herself, Anya turned to her and snapped, “Can you please shut up? Some of us don’t care about his past love life. Maybe you can wait to spew his so-called sins for someplace with less dead bodies than a morgue?” She immediately knew she might regret her outburst. Preparing for pain, she cleared her mind, letting the edges fuzz. It wasn’t like before a fight, where you had to focus and move. This was the best state of mind for when you couldn’t do anything. You had to hold still while Doc took more of your leg off, trying to find where the gangrene hadn’t reached.

Her face went blank, even as she turned half her body to Johan’s manikin. She was about to respond, the blankness of her mind filling with images of Hannah’s face, when Ren pointed to the wrong brick. The yellow was above his head, a siren blaring away from where he was looking. “Wait, no, that’s--” She looked up at Johan and held up a finger, her eyes flicking from his toward Marjorie, “Hold that thought,” then, trusting Kallos to watch her back by moving between her and the threat, she turned away to walk over to Ren.

It’s this one up here.” She tapped the brick. It looked normal, as much as a glowing brick could. There wasn’t any clear source for the light, and it felt as dense as any other brick. “You…really don’t see anything?” She cautiously asked, looking back at the group. “Right…” She didn’t know what to do. What did you do when you realized you might be crazy? Who did you believe? People who’d have no reason to lie, but you’d only met a week ago? Or yourself?

Then it wouldn’t matter if I took it out right? It's not load-bearing. Pity no one’s earth.” She didn’t wait for an answer, instead lifting a leg to pull a screwdriver out. It was obviously copper in the little light there was, but then she paused, “Ren you don’t have a chisel would you? I can destroy the brick to see if anything’s behind it, but if I try to get it out, I’ll just break my screwdriver.
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Jet Jet ZackStop ZackStop rozukitsune rozukitsune

Last edited:
Oh, it’s not Nye proper. Heaven knows if they were involved the Cents would just wipe everyone out and start over. That’s why the riot needs to calm down before we have to call them.” Gailene wiped the sweat off her brow, then dried her hand on her pants. It was always hot near the forge. “It’s Nye’s terrorist groups: like that guy from before, Escarra. He’s from the Port 6 Alliance. They smuggled in weapons and riled everyone up.” She shrugged, “Sure there was some discontent. People who claimed they shouldn’t be here because they didn’t commit a crime.” Shaking her head, she laughed, “Blood is blood. There’s no escaping it. It is what it is.” She truly believed that it was their blood that made people the way they were. Sure there were outliers, but in her experience, your family decided your circumstances. “I mean, sure you can make your own decisions.” She said, referring to the singer directly, “But you are what you are because of family.

Waving her hand as if to push the topic away, she returned to the original one. “Most people here do what they’re supposed to. Maybe they dreamt of flying or some bullshit, but really, they listened. This though? Would never have started if Nye could control their terrorists.” The scorn in her voice twisted her lips into a scowl.

rozukitsune rozukitsune

Hamlin had turned back to work, putting a small piece of metal into the forge, pulling it out, and tapering it, before returning it to the fire. Retrieving it, he cut the metal, then placed it in a vice to pound the head in. He’d made almost a dozen nails while he was thinking. And waiting for their fit to be over.

Was Nye so short on centurions? There had been a rumor of hundreds dying in some massacre, but facts were hard to get on Xysma without a blackout. This might be some evidence of the truth though. Why would they send this group of stragglers otherwise? One had looked like she’d never seen work in her life, and these two? The man was dressed in some shaggy cloak: something so frayed even those in Xysma would have trashed it. The woman may have been dressed normally, but from her tightened jaw to her fists you could tell she was a fighter.

For all that there was a revolution, there were very few fighters in Xysma. Most didn’t even know how to use the weapons that had been smuggled in. That was why Hamlin was against the rebellion. He doubted if Xysma called Nye (on the assumption they hadn’t already) then they’d send more like this girl, or centurions themselves, and fewer like the cannon fodder redhead.

He listened as the man riled up the woman (he knew enough to know that line would only make one angrier) then tried to appease her immediately after. As he turned the pieces of metal in the forge, each a future nail, he prepared to flare up to separate the two if they started fighting. But the woman managed to take deep breaths (and the man didn’t attack while she was) and then she’d redirected her attention to Hamlin.

The smith looked up, his jaw tensing as he regretted once more letting them in. “Well, that they haven’t attacked yet, means they might be waiting for you to come out.” His temper was enough that most wouldn’t dare interrupt him. And he wouldn’t let them, but he knew the consequences of rejecting a Hydraline, even one as young as Gailene. “Those are Escarra’s men. No one from Xysma’s trained. I can give you cover in the form of smoke: I spew some out regularly enough,” as he spoke, steam filled the room from the nail he dumped into the water. It was usually to flush people out of his forge though, “You might want to wait until after, if they’re watching, they’d likely assume you’re in there.” He shrugged, moving onto the next nail, his movements quick, “There’s only one exit. I might have windows, but they’re too small for a child to climb through.” It was a prison, what did they expect?

Tell me about this Centurion you work for. Is he as saintly as Gailene wants me to believe?

EldridSmith EldridSmith ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Yes. The serpent was obviously afraid.” She might have been tired, but that just reduced her filter, not stifled her. Her steps were steady, able to match Spivey’s pace, “The mere fact that you were practically instantly attacked, means either humans are regular prey or prey is in such short supply they’d fight to the death for a chance.” She understood, in theory the purpose of being optimistic, but facts existed for a reason. They needed to be careful. Hopefully if it’s the latter, scavengers would be distracted by the dead and not feel the need to run them off of their food. She eyed the water as they passed. For all that it was safer, usually, there still could be shit to kill them there. If they were careful. Still, even with her caution and fatigue, something inside of the scientist eased at being back in the wilds. These may not have been a jungle she’d explored before, but that just made it more interesting! If she wasn’t so tired, she’d have already forced them to stop and let her sketch some of the birds that had flown in, most unrecognizable. The fish and insects were just as interesting.

But she wasn’t alone this time. Unable to curl up, regain her energy, then just stay and study. The three with her were right that meeting up with the centurion was wise. Esther just wished she could go back afterward. This was like leading tourists, no, tourists would be interested in the scenery. It was like leading soldiers. And she knew it. She couldn’t just start talking, as she would normally, to fill this silence. But thankfully the youngest of their group decided to fill it for her. She turned to look back, unsure of what his familiar was either, for all they were intimately connected mere minutes before. It took a moment, but she nodded at the gecko before refocusing forward, curious what Spivey’s answer would be.

ZackStop ZackStop Arcanist Arcanist

Renn 4.png
"Port 6... I've heard of that." Renee nodded slowly. It was one of the many rumors that went around Nye when it came to the random terrorist groups. Similar to the censorship regarding all of Nye's personal worldly endeavors, neither did they particularly allow the Nobility to hear about the silly pests who occasionally visited Nye's ports personally. They were usually dealt with quickly enough that nothing really of note happened that could be spread via word of mouth anyway.

But then... what's-his-face had gotten into the games and blown it up without anyone being any the wiser - right?

Maybe... that was the real reason she was here. It wasn't necessarily to get her killed (though that would be a convenient side effect), or even to get her family a leg up into the higher Noble rankings...

That was all the smokescreen. The razzle-dazzle they'd sold her folks on why it was a good idea for her to go.

Really, she was here so she couldn't tell anyone what really happened in the arena. Keep the Nobles pacified, as Nye always did. If she died, she couldn't tell anyone either... and there was probably some kind of very nice insurance package tied to her life her parents could consider a consolation prize for failing to obtain more power.

For the first time since this whole adventure began, the young woman found her voice. Anger unlike any she'd ever felt before roiled within her until she wanted to scream. But... this was not the time for that. They were in hiding from the murderers who chased them, and making such a ruckus would almost assuredly bring those people close. Instead she closed her eyes and imagined this was all just a show and her co-host had said something incredibly rude. She just flashed Gailene an unnerving little smile and shrugged. "We'll see. Come on, I think we're as disguised as we're going to get and your friend seemed pretty keen on shoving us all out of his house. Let's not make him wait any longer, hmm?"

Lost Echo Lost Echo EldridSmith EldridSmith ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

1699351091542.png

“Oh dear…” Euclaire mumbled, taking in the scene between the Centurion and the Musician with furrowed brows. “We can’t just abandon her.” She pleaded, grabbing the other’s sleeve to keep him from running off. “At the very least tie her up and drag her…” Only after the words came out of her mouth did Euclaire notice something was off about the other woman’s tone.

‘In the bushes?’

Making no obvious move to physically peak, her antennae twitched trying to sense movements out of her usual conscious range. There was indeed something in the bushes. Was the woman really just being stubborn or was something about to go down? Now that she thought about it, it really was strange that she suddenly started talking about romance. “Hah, what a pain.” She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. Since the other didn’t want to alert whoever was watching them, the dancer decided to go along with Tess and kept it subtle. "Were your exes a danger, Tess?" She questioned carefully.

“My problem was that most of my exes didn’t want to leave my side! They constantly followed me around. Ever deal with that Baryn?" She complained, pulling on the man's sleeve on count with the three words she stressed to hopefully get him in on the same page. He had to be really angry if he hadn't taken note of Tess's clues. Whatever it was, they were likely more familiar with the terrain than they were. If they really left this clearing, Euclaire feared they wouldn't make it far. "If I hadn’t taken them by surprise and startled them with a restraining order, they’d have never left me be.” Bouncing the half eaten fruit in her hand, she halfheartedly tossed it aside and placed her hand on her hip, close to her weapon.

“It really makes me want to torch something.” She continued to grumble pulling on the man's sleeve more urgently in case he hadn't gotten the point yet. "I'm sure you have your own fair share of Stalkers you wanted to sick your tiger on, no?" Recalling how deafening the roar was from afar, she could only imagine how much it would hurt for those unprepared at a closer range. As long as they could snatch away the element of surprise, she felt they'd have the advantage. Neither her or Baryn were strong fighters it seemed and their Centurion was wounded. Any advantage they could get was one worth taking.

EldridSmith EldridSmith Jet Jet

0684c14bc8753cf9d427f20751ec6f28.jpg

"Verily." Dante smiled at the young woman. Her reaction was expected and exactly what he wanted to see. That was his job as Maitre d' after all. To find exactly what a customer was looking for even if they didn't know what they wanted.

"The Casablanca is a nesting doll where no layers share a face, what you see is never what you get." He looked over at the towering bookcase beside him, his mouth curling up at the corners. "Toussaint, Marquez, Verchenko and Hobbs, we've many first editions worth more than can be counted."

He traced his hand over one of the books. It was centuries old and smuggled from a museum across the world. Giovanni had a network of thieves who procured the finest works of antiquity, artwork and books of immense value. Yet he wasn't a parasite. He was a man who protected history with his life.

"You're welcome to read any of them, but please." He glanced at a wooden box on the shelf. "Don a pair of gloves before you do. It helps preserve the texts."

His gaze shifted from the books to the handsome young man, taking his hand without hesitation. He wasn't going to ignore this opportunity. "Indeed his music is manufactured, but what isn't these days?"

"The world's gone mad for profit like a rabbid dog, but here? There's an attention to detail, real artistry and passion." He considered biting his lip but that was too on the nose. Instead he locked eyes and didn't waver for a moment, like he was staring into the singer's soul. He liked what he saw in the amber depths of his eyes, a certain warmth mixed with what... concern? Worry? Dante wasn't sure what he saw, but Nihal seemed like a kind man.

"You know, a man like Nihaal could find his way here — away from the prying hands of producers and record labels, free to perform from the heart. He's certainly talented enough to steal our stage. What a shame he's not here right now."

"I'm sure he'd enjoy what I have in mind."

"But as for your curiosities." He sensed the question was loaded with another meaning, but he'd answer honestly for now. There was no point hiding who he was. "I was born to nobodies, addicts desperate to escape a vapid existence. They sold me to Giovanni when I was young."

He stared at Nihaal for a moment. He wanted to relish the moment when the singer, in the kindness of his heart, raged at Dante being sold into prostitution. Yet the truth was much less vile. He'd been sold as a servant for common housework, cooking and cleaning around the mansion. He wasn't paid but he was educated and given food and a clean room. He was freed at seventeen and chose to enter his current position, managing the floor and entertaining guests of his choice.

"I know what you're thinking," he said with a small laugh. "But it was never like that. I did housework until I turned seventeen. Then I was freed and chose to stay here. I can truthfully say, I owe Giovanni my life." He raised a toast to the man who raised him from nothing. "To our blessings, even if they come in mysterious ways."

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
a2e946aa82971421f4f461c1b369f785.jpgIlana stared at the sand that was all around her as she listened to the two men talk, mostly Dalton since the native man, Bracken, had few words to say. They were broken and distant from one another as the sentences vaguely strung together. She wondered if everyone out here spoke like that, if she would speak like that had she not been taken away. If she would even be alive. But those memories were so far away, hardly a fraction of her identity. But a "spag," was an unfamiliar term to her. She assumed it's what Dalton calls a native with a derogatory marinade. Was she a spag? Was Bracken one?

She hopped down from the rooftop and onto the sandy floor after the man encouraged her desire to punch something. She began to follow behind Dalton, even continuing on into the brush when he stopped to admire his findings. She was keeping her eyes and ears sharp as nails thanks to her 24/7 merge with the demon familiar she had. Looking around at the dry trees and that she found looming over them. At the very least, there was some shade.

She took a few more steps ahead of the others when they all heard a snapping twig off in the distance. It was hard to tell where the sound came from the way sound bounced around in the forest, but as if reading Dalton's mind, Ilana wasn't going to take a chance. Closing her eyes, Ilana focused to pin point their location, and with a swift motion of slamming her fist down brought forth a pillar, no taller than a couple feet, but enough to send whatever was out there off the ground like the earth itself had punched them.

What came tumbling through the air was accompanied by a yelp of pain and fear as everyone's head turned to see a woman who had been hiding. Ilana stood up again, not at all expecting this to be what she hit. "Found something." She said, not exactly trying to be funny. She didn't want to approach yet, so the girl waited for Dalton or Bracken. "Shit..."

Jet Jet Fred Colon Fred Colon

d21578663bcf21ec5c957137f6618009_49.jpg

Kwame gave her the benefit of the doubt for now. He wasn't going to press Kilderkin after what he'd done; that privilege was lost to him forever. He was honor bound to protect her and even if she was lying, what was he going to do about it? Attack her? When the thought made him want to jump on a sword? He knew he'd never entertain the idea, let alone act on it, so what was the point in pressing?

Instead he decided to trust her completely. If it backfired he didn't really care. He was a sinner who deserved it.

"I see," he said when she was done. "I know that you don't owe us explanations, so I appreciate how forthcoming you are. I wish to reform Nye as well one day, though I have my doubts on how effective it would be."

He stopped walking and looked over his shoulder. The tunnel was quite conspicuous indeed. He chuckled at how ridiculous it looked in the open, how it never occurred to close it in his wake. He'd never been stealthy nor good at clandestine warfare, more a hammer for when the scalpels failed. Things like disguises and covering tracks rarely crossed his mind.

"Right, yes of course, how could I forget," he sheepishly said. "The tunnel obviously—

"Covering tracks in enemy territory is important, I remember studying that in a description of guerrilla warfare. Though I'm more of a siege man myself. The battle of The Trident for example, what a riveting display of logistics and blockading supply..."

"Forgive me, I digress." He made the tunnel collapse with a simple wave of his hand, and when the dust settled, it looked no different than a hundred other rubble piles.

"It seems the roles have flipped today. The centurion a student in stealth, his men the masters."

"Perhaps I can repay you," he said to Evaline. "I could assist you in finding your earth magic. I've some experience training mages."

"And thankyou for reassuring me," he said to them both. "I've always struggled to reconcile my faith with my duties, so many oaths to keep at once, and each one conflicting with another. There's no place for knights in a world this complex." He walked with them as he pondered Kilderkin's answer, what she said about the rotten city he served. He agreed with her more now than ever. There was a moral degeneracy spreading through Nye like cancer, a vein of greed and crime with lies sprinkled in, along with murder and corruption. It was a haven of sin. He wished the whole thing collapsed to be rebuilt from the ashes.

"I find myself replaying what you said like a record. It's refreshing to hear honest words about Nye." He appreciatively nodded at Kilderkin. "Most are terrified of telling the truth around me. They're convinced I'll arrest them or report what they say."

"While they laud praise and place their heads in their asses, Nye spoils like bad wine. I sometimes wish it would burn to be reborn like a phoenix — but then I think of the chaos." He looked around at the broken buildings and black clouds, the screaming city they traveled through. He pictured the scene but copied a thousand times on every street of every island, every gutter filled with blood.

"I think of those we'd lose if the system collapsed, their deaths would surely outweigh our gains, and who's to say it would improve Nye in the long run?"

He was trying to convince himself more than anyone.

"Monsters are killed by monsters, so who'd take the throne when our lords are slain?"

Emphoa Emphoa Fred Colon Fred Colon

Last edited:
2487365 (2).png
Spivey grinned as Esther sassed them, she was a fun one for sure. That being the case however, the drunk stayed silent as they lead the group down stream, all while eventually pulling out their hand held cannon. They switched out a cartridge with a different one that had been waiting on their thigh, flipping the new one into the air before catching it again to shove it into the weapon. With a firm slap, the gun was ready to go, held in a resting position as they marched.

Spivey lead quietly, keeping their eyes peeled the entire time and paying no mind to whatever remarks the others had towards them, only listening in when the kid began to ask questions. Their familiar, a particularly nasty sea turtle, had been merged with the mercenary since the crash, and it hadn't even occurred to them that they weren't separated. Spivey more so saw their familiar as a tool than a friend or an ally. He was just a thing really, something that gave Spivey a bit more resilience in a tight spot. It was a strange first question. If the kid had to ask anything, the familiar would have been the last thing Spivey would expect.

Turning their head back a tad, Spivey spoke with the harsh pitch they had. "That's an interesting question there, Rhys. People usually ask about the mask first." Knocking on the eyeglass a few times before turning to look ahead again. "Ever seen the inside of a Leatherback's mouth...?" They responded with an ominous tone, as if fixing to tell the tale of a terrifying sea monster, much like one of those old sailors. "Nasty stuff. I don't mind showing you though. Just don't go sticking your hand in there!" The merc laughed at their sick little joke, then moved on to poke fun at Esther. "Hey, Legs, you keeping up back there? Don't want you falling behind!" They didn't bother turning around to inspect the distance from the others. It was up to them to keep pace.

Lost Echo Lost Echo Arcanist Arcanist

79b4dffa8714a87bedd9030c56db07d1.jpg

Magnus leaned back and laughed like a roaring brown bear, his smile wider and warmer than a hearth. "Aye, coin could never buy such a marvel of the seas."

"However!" He stroked his beard and locked eyes with Darius. There was a predatory gleam in his gaze. "This old beast is not the only prize you must possess. You must carry Cloud Berries to stop your flesh from rotting away, salted fish and fats to keep your strength."

"Newly made sails are needed, the rudder must be replaced by a master woodsman." He started counting on his fingers, one by one he raised them as he spoke. "Two sleds must be constructed for when you reach the white desert. You must carry tents and snow spikes, climbing picks and oil paste... for making fire without wood."

"There is much for you carry! Much for you to buy!" He clapped Darius on his shoulder. "A good thing that centurions pay their debts!"

Darius clenched his jaw and looked over at his men. He knew he was getting bent over a barrel. "I'll hash out the uh... details... of how much this will set back my retirement. You can head back to town, find those idiots and tell them what the plan is. We've little time to waste."

Goliath Goliath Emphoa Emphoa

Last edited:
e1224f6d009b6c8389e2fd2652788029.jpg

"Deserve?" Tawny never viewed life like that. It was a random assortment of events with no rhyme or reason, pure entropy without a hand guiding it along. He didn't think people got what they deserved on the cruel blue rock, and he wasn't an exception to the rule. He'd never done anything wrong and yet here he was, an orphan with memories from a place — and time far removed. Listlessly floating like a ship without sails.

"Deserve?" He said with the curious raising of a brow. "No, but will work hard. Make my own way. Find family."

There was no guarantee his family was still alive these days, but he knew they weren't from this part of the world. He remembered an ocean with high cliffs on warm clear waters, a crumbling temple from a bygone era, made from white granite millennia ago. There were people with tan skin there. Not white like the ones in the western wastes. "I was frozen," he said after a moment. "Found by bad men. Wanted my power."

"Could be from another time." He didn't know what epoch he was born into. He could've been a thousand years old for all he knew, a forgotten relic lost to the sands of time. "Maybe you take me with? Can help with your ship, make better, won't be burden. You leave me in east where I from."

He didn't need a ride to the exact location of his birth — that was an impossible request. But they could take him a little closer to where he was from. The rest was up to him.

"I speak too much of me — too selfish." He looked down before approaching the cracked door, looking back at the young woman behind him. "What you—

He wanted to ask her a question about herself, but he wasn't sure what to say. He was anything but a master of small talk.

"What's your—

"I bad at this—

"What do you like to do? Town is small but has many things."

IIsaac overheard him and scoffed in his seat. He was proud even if Tawny's execution was less than ideal — as in it was terrible — stiffer than wood and awkward like a sweaty handshake. "Yua's made a best friend and doesn't even know it."

"The lonelier one is, the tighter they latch onto their friends, and he's quite lonely indeed." Isaac took a moment to think about the escape plan. He prayed it was small talk but the more he thought about the Atsali. How much pressure the warrior applied in their meeting... he wasn't sure what to think anymore. "Aye, we leave none behind, and I would never let the Atsali harm either of you. You have my word as a—

There was a knock on the door.

"Yes?" Isaac said. "Who is it?"

"It's me Mister Isaac!" A boy spoke through the door. It was the same one who carried him earlier. "There's news Sir!"

"Open up," Isaac said. "We've company so expedite your report."

The door swung open revealing a panting teenager covered in sweat. He was a redhead with a round featureless face, lines blurred by a layer of babyfat. "A warship Sir! Spotted by a caravan trader! Says it stopped at the centurion base!"

"What type?"

"A Man of War sir! Real fancy like with a gold statue up front!"

"Nye," Isaac groaned. "The only nation with enough vanity to put gold statues on a ship, as if we need agitators to make our situation even worse!"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Bracken stood in place as Dalton began to 'explain' to Bracken what a 'Spag' was. His face grew harder.

It was more Nye arrogance that this man had the gall to tell Bracken, who had lived in this land for more years than some of his party members had been alive, what he should 'know' about the natives. Bracken had been left in the forest as a child. By who, he didn't know. It could have been one of the tribes. Why wasn't he a spag? Bracken didn't know about the fancy politics of Nye, but he knew when men were just looking for an enemy. There would be no persuading this one. Bracken would just do his job and move on.

He glanced at Ilyana to see how she was taking Dalton's 'education'. But at that moment, a snap in the forest made Dalton freeze, and Ilyana lash out with her powers, striking a young woman who had been hiding. Bracken took his bow out, and aimed it at the newcomer, just in case.

"Survivor?" He glanced at Dalton, trying but failing to hide a sneer. " 'spag'?"

But it was clear it was a survivor, not one of the natives, so Bracken lowered his bow.

"You. Ok? Others?" He hoped she understood."

Jet Jet ZackStop ZackStop

Last edited:
Kilderkin suddenly felt much better than she had a short time ago. It seemed that in Evaline she had a steady ally, for this mission at least, and Kwame's words... Well. Perhaps her job was easier than she thought. But she wouldn't test the waters too much, now. She would start small.

"Yes. Nye is sick. But we can do something about it. We just have to hold to the idea that it's possible. The how and who and when are difficult questions, but I believe it's possible to reform Nye. And as for speaking my mind. Well. After what happened I did some looking into you before I dared return to Nye, Kwame. And what I found, to my surprise, was an honorable man." Again, all true, after a fashion.

Kilderkin nodded as the tunnel collapsed, still dragging the body behind her.

"I might have a use for this." She said, in response to Evaline. "It's a little gruesome, but we need every advantage here. I am not the strongest elemental user in the world, but I pride myself on being tricky and dexterous. And a body... well. A body has a lot of water. People don't really think about that much. Even most other water element users forget that."

She continued down the hall, opening her senses to any free-flowing blood again.

"Have you had much combat experience, Evaline?" Kilderkin asked. "I've had a fair amount. I was a sailor for quite a while, along the more dangerous sky routes. Pirates, and things."

Jet Jet Emphoa Emphoa

1675764453694.png

Ava Marco
Interaction: Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo ZackStop ZackStop
Not all land shark are that bitty hey? Bit of a heavy bag tho you carrying the kitchen sink in there or something“ ava commented cheerfully towards the boy after that she’d lean against the wall too listen Ava wasn’t exactly the brightest problem solver or well a problem that couldn’t be solved via some manual means difficult to build a pipe to solve a murder case but good enough to repair a sink, but this was more policy… and frankly she wasn’t too sure what too aid but hey maybe something might come up?

”time bending sound about right tho… or maybe p- hmm how would you know? Eh probably not that important for now I guess we are all just guess shit right?” However anya had... seen.. something.. a yellow brick? Oh well that seemed reasonable not that Ava had seen it but maybe... oh well whatever.. "err actually Im earth but I'll let you guys handle it might be safer not to let me like do it could break whatever delicate thingys there are I'm not exactly subtle or.. yeah.."

Douggangstaavi-1.png

Arnheid was about to speak when Mavior said exactly what she was thinking — indeed the north was different than what Ivan was used to. There were ice flows and storms and no game lived on the ice, but at least he was used to the cold. That went a long way in the north. "Aye," she said when Mavior was done. "You know much, but there is much else you cannot be prepared for."

"Like sea monsters?" Zak tossed a knife between his hands. "You got them Kraken things yeah? Big bastards that break ships in half!"

He was kidding of course. He wasn't stupid enough to think sea monsters existed. They were fables from old men with long crusty beards, and none had ever been seen or captured or observed by scientists. They were tall tales without—

"Not only Krakens," Arnheid interrupted his thoughts. "Island Whales devour ships in a single bite!"

"Nah, how about you bite me?" Zak said. "There ain't no sea monsters!"

"I've laid my eyes upon them."

He stopped tossing his blade and his smile faded away. He was starting to understand how miserable this place was. "You know miss Arnheid of wherever the hell we are, if I tried my best to make a really shitty place yeah? Like if I was writin' a book, and it was supposed to suck more than a two silver Susie, it would still pale in comparison to this pile of damply cold shit."

"Why do you people live here?" he asked her. "You know there's a whole load a' land worth taking in the heart a' Macragge. No sea monsters skull fucking your ships for breakfast!"

Arnheid crossed her arms and leaned over the young man. He was far too loud for her liking. "Without struggle a man becomes weak, like a sword not beaten by the hammer. The hardness is why we live here, curse the coward who seeks pleasure to pass away his years, for we are people of the mountain."

"Riveting!" Zak said. "You ever fist fight a sea monster?"

"No." Arnheid stared without saying a word, losing brain cells at the stupidity she faced. "Laughter is a rare gem where you're going, banter now before your lips freeze shut."

"Yeah yeah," he looked over at Mavior. "We just pull a few ropes and yell full sail? Doesn't seem too bad to me, and while you're at it, work on that precog—

"Whatever it's called, and tell me when I'll have a nice drippin steak!"

Arnheid scowled at the boy. "In a week's time you'll be begging for scraps, let alone a steak."

Her gaze returned to the more serious men. They seemed to actually care about what left her mouth. "My gratitude is yours in this life and the next. I shall repay you with all that I know." She opened a chest filled with weapons and treasures from her travels. There was a small book bound in dark leather. "You may have my captains log. It tells of trials faced and how to overcome them."

"No two journies are the same, but all share common dangers."

Zak wanted to screech from boredom. The whole point of adventure was to discover new things and overcome challenges. There wasn't supposed to be a bloody guide book! "You're no fun," he said. "If this town was a bar, you'd be the bouncer."

He looked over at Ivan and Mavior. "Screw the journal eh? Why spoil the surprise of what's coming?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
17b3e3f85e601ba01e60e75aa1366606_50 (1).jpg

Johan blushed when Marje opened his skeleton-filled closet, old memories poured in like water over a dam, alongside a mix of embarrassment and anger at the woman. He could only nod in agreement when Anya scolded her for wasting their time. "What she said, but multiplied three times over. I don't care about that shit and nobody else does either. We have a job and the longer we fuck around, the more people end up like this."

He looked down at one of the bodies near his foot. He was sure there'd be more death in the coming days. He needed his team to focus and thankfully Anya was keeping them on track, and he understood exactly what her look meant. It was better to wait for a moment without Marje watching them like a hawk. Without incurring the risk of blackmail or kidnapping later on.

"Right." He gave her a small look of approval. "Maybe another time."

He looked over at the brick she was examining. It was exactly like the others in the room. He didn't think she was crazy but the creature she met outside, one corroborated by Ava, could've done something nefarious to Anya? It was better to be safe than sorry though, so he pointed at the brick and lasered the mortar around it. There was a small poof of smoke as the mortar wilted from the intense heat of his beam.

"I don't see anything, but maybe that mage did something to it, or to you?" He walked over and pulled the brick from the wall. "For the road then?"

He tossed it to Anya as Ava mentioned the sharks once more, drawing a smirk from the centurion. He found the woman funny in an idiosyncratic way, how she was built like a mountain but clowned like a little kid... unless land sharks actually lived in Macragge. He knew the wildlife was strange with beaked mammals and bugs bigger than cats, but land sharks? Surely it was a joke? There was no way something that horrible existed... right?

"I don't know if I should laugh or be terrified. Thanks for the existential crisis Ava." He looked over at Narzas when he was done. He was happy she defended him but did she trust him completely? Was there a lingering shred of doubt? Worst of all, was she trying to convince herself? He couldn't be sure what she was thinking, but he'd ask when others weren't around them. "You know what I feel — what I think. I meant every word of what I said to you. Just try not to pay her mind."

He wanted to keep things short and sweet in public, but he had much more to say when they were alone. He could already feel the heat of her questions but he wanted to answer them all. To put her mind at ease if he could.

For now they needed to move though. They had a location and the factory was searched twice over. There were no more leads to find there. "Unless anyone has objections, I think it's time we check out our next lead—

"Sixteen Kolasis Lane," he said while checking the card. "I hope it's not more of the same."

a836417a299654b024ed1d68f7bf1b24.jpg
More of the same it certainly was not. What had been taken by man in his drive for rapid, unstoppable industrialization, was reclaimed by nature in this abandoned part of town — the result of an industrial disaster involving dangerous chemicals. The streets were serene and quieter than anywhere else on the island; only the sound of birds accompanied the steps of six inquisitive investigators.

They approached the address left for them at the crime scene, 16 Kolasis Lane, but when they arrived it was abandoned. Little more than a husk without windows or walls left standing in one place, only pillars and a concrete foundation.

"Well then." Johan planted his hands on his hips. "I've had enough of this cryptic island. I fucking hate this place.

rozukitsune rozukitsune ZackStop ZackStop Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
Aghast, Vivian didn’t know what to say. She’d heard the words before, from people who thought Nyall was nothing more than a front, but she’d felt connected by the lyrics. They seemed genuine to her. Why was Nihal saying it though? Then she wanted to facepalm. He was being sarcastic! Obviously, Dante had recognized him immediately--only an idiot wouldn’t--and they were playing some game that went over her head.

Nihal’s words, permitting her to leave, were a relief. Scampering over to the wooden box, she left the two to their plotting. The gloves were white, and the softest material she’d ever felt, besides Phil’s fur. She pulled them on quickly, closing the box. Then she looked at the books, one ear on the pair. They were still playing their game. Was Dante pretending to keep Nihal safe?

Focusing on the books, she ran a gloved finger over the spines. They looked so old! Inhaling deeply, she felt the knot inside her release. There would be no fights in a quiet place like this. It was probably the safest she’d felt since she’d let her parents leave without her.

But though her thoughts were mostly trying to pick a book out of the whole selection, her ears still picked up the word ‘sold,’ causing her to drop the book she was pulling out down onto the shelf with a small thump. Automatically pushing it in as she turned, her eyes wide. “What?” she asked aloud, though her voice remained library quiet. He was sold? That could happen? She knew kids could be kidnapped in the Undercity. And she wasn’t an idiot, she knew those kids suffered, that it wasn’t a trip to Paradise Island or whatever. But, somehow the idea of his parents selling him seemed worse.

His reassurance wasn’t really helpful. Sure, he claimed he was freed, but where could he go? He probably didn’t have an education or any credentials in Nye. Maybe he could have been a servant in some rich guy’s house, but isn’t that what he was here? If the cage door is open, but you never leave are you really free?

She was facing the pair a few steps away, conflict clear on her face. What did you say to that? I’m glad you were only made to do chores? Instead of being, you know. As he raised his glass in a toast, she wondered if maybe he thought he was quiet enough not to be heard. If she wasn’t merged with her familiar he probably would be. Maybe she shouldn’t acknowledge it. Muttering, “Sorry,” she turned to face the books again, though her mind was swimming with this new information. Were there more people who were slaves here? Did these old men, seated in this place that had felt so safe know? She let herself breathe, just staring at the bindings, trying to find that safe feeling once more.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet

hair (3) (1).pngRen's eyes wandered aimlessly at the nearly empty streets he and his companions tread. It was void of people but not as empty as he initially thought, as he began to take note on the flora that had taken shape or rather taken over this quiet city block. The thick greenery that had been seen nowhere else seemed to block out all other sound of the industrial city they found themselves in, creating a peaceful little bubble in an otherwise savage world he had been introduced to thus far. It was the most peace he had felt since the games.

As bird fluttered overhead, Phalanx's head jolted up as the desire to hunt began to rise in complete opposition to his owner's wishes to simply relax, and here would be the perfect place. It however begged the question why they were even here. It very well could be a set up if the killer or killers left this clue.

"This is a nice change of scenery, but what exactly are we doing out here?" Ren spoke up before placing his hands behind his head and stopping to stretching. He went to catch up as soon as he was given a response, and by then they had arrived at the given address. It was a building, but a lot less than its former self, however 'a lot' didn't quite say it enough. All that was left behind was a barebones skeleton of its foundation, like it had been left unfinished with only the support beams and a rough draft that gave an idea where a room or two would be. Whatever had happened here left it looking like the remanence of ancient Rome.

"It's kinda homey!" Ren said, making light of its pitiful state. He began to walk around the building to get a different angle on it to which his familiar followed. It was more of the same, but at least there weren't dead bodies. "Beats the last place we were in." He said allowed, possibly a bit less audible now being further away, but with the quiet of this wonderous place, his footsteps were easily heard. That was until they suddenly came to a stop, and not only that, but all traces of the boy and his familiar were suddenly gone. They rounded a corner behind a rather narrow support beam, but like a magic trick, the two did not come out on the other side. They simply vanished.

"We got nice fresh air, no dead bodies!" Ren said before a look of surprise hit his face as the sound of his voice changed slightly. It was no longer in an open space where sound traveled freely, but instead inside a room where his voice instead stopped more abruptly against a wall. More surprising was that he was suddenly in what looked to be a shop of some sort. "Johan...? Anya...? ...crazy lady?" He finished calling out names with a smaller voice, incase 'crazy lady' could hear that. The young man cautiously took a few steps out from behind a shelf and into an isle, taking some more paces deeper looking back and forth. The store was well lit with a warm hue that felt strangely comforting, strange simply due to how he found himself here. The store was separated by tall shelves that seemed to reach the ceiling, each one cluttered with odds and ends, rustic trinkets, things that nobody wants or truly needs, but could hold a special place in the heart of a particular individual.

"This is... weird." Ren put his guard down as he took a couple steps towards a pile of these random items, picking up a wind-up toy of a character he wasn't familiar with. He found this place somewhat familiar as he browsed with a puzzled look on his face, but he didn't see anyone else here. "Hello?" He called out in the silence, casually winding up the toy as he wandered down the isle. "Hello-ooo? Anyone here?" He then placed the now wound-up toy back on the shelf which began to walk around in a circle with a small whirring. He made it to the end of the isle before stopping to listen if anyone would call back. "Anyone...?"

Jet Jet rozukitsune rozukitsune Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Lost Echo Lost Echo

Yua Smith
ユア・スミス

The outright declination that he deserved anything was a mindset difference between the two of them it seemed. Everyone deserved something in their life...whether they got it was another thing, but everyone at least deserved a good thing now and then. Well she supposed there were the rare exceptions...but generally speaking, the blonde was too optimistic to deny that in the cosmic scheme of things everyone at least deserved a fair shake to start. "Well...I know you'll work hard for it then, if you say you will. I have faith you can make your own way and find family. Just have to stay persistent at it then." Yua liked to think herself as an open-minded woman, Felix had told her enough fantastical stories when she was but a girl to instill that sense of wonder into her. But...in most regards, those oft seemed like stories. So to hear Tawny say he was frozen and from another time...well, it was a bit hard to believe. But then again she just saw him disassemble her arm like a puzzle, upgrade it, and confirm he was a mix of machine and man. Alright, so maybe fantastical wasn't so fantastical after all!

"Oh...uh, sure! I don't see why not, so long as Mister Isaac isn't opposed. If that's what you want, I ouldn't stop you, there'd be plenty of room on the ship. We're not going to leave anytime soon though..." A two-fold assessment. She had just showed up and promised to help this little town (or was it a city?) with its medical concerns...plus she was informed today that she was going to die as soon as she stepped out. No sooner did that thought come to mind did her breath catch in her throat for just a moment before she muscled through it. Fortunately, Tawny was capable to keep her talking. "O-oh! Uhm...It's going to sound awful, but I guess I enjoy studying? I'm a doctor...or, at least, my goal is to be a doctor. I've been called a bit of a savant, so I guess I just learned to love reading and studying? I like gardening...I like cooking as well! I just enjoy simple things, I guess? Oh! I love playing piano...b-but I guess that's not as simple as the other stuff, right?"

Felix gave a little nod of agreement...Yua had made a firm friendship without even realizing it. And fortunately, Isaac was willing to at least consider the threats from the warrior as legitimate, and wasn't going to just ignore them. It was better to be prepared for any eventuality. Though before discussion could finish a boy arrived at the door, speaking of Nye nearby..."Bother," he mumbled while an audible hisss escaped the large king cobra which uncurled from at Isaac's side and stood proud in its coil in aggravation. Speak of kicking the hornets nest. What would the luck be that Vincent had sent people to the maws of potential death in his search of answers. Heavens forbid he use something more than survivors who had trauma to unpack...perhaps he should have lingered to have at least hear tale of what the councilman had in mind. But he'd only stayed long enough to speak with Miss Viv and her parents before ensuring Miss Smith and him had cleared all paperwork to travel west without being impeded. "This will compound the issue, no doubt. But if the warrior killed a Centurion as you say, no doubt they're curious...especially if they're near the base. I think-" before he could finish there was a polite 'excuse me' from Yua as she peaked through the doorway with Tawny her side. "Forgive me! I heard the shouting and excitement. Is there...well is there anything I should be ready to help with, Mister Isaac? Anything to be...well...c-concerned about?"
yua-finished-1-png.1116289
62ad39bb281847ce2fc3de4d11fe6079.png
Jet Jet

Last edited:
Marjorie Melodine.png

Marjorie's eyes narrowed at the impudent whelp of a girl who dared talk back to her. Dared to rain on her little parade she had been rather enjoying regarding Johan and his most-recent mistake. To perhaps everyone's relief except for Anya's, this put her solidly in the attention of the woman's crosshairs... the electricity in the air rising as the woman fumed. She couldn't attack Anya. Not while the girl was under Johan's protection anyway.

But she could switch her targets. She'd clearly done rather enough damage to the lovebirds for the moment. Let them simmer in it for a bit. Well, there was one more thing she could do to ensure her inevitable victory at least, and then she could focus on the little cyborg pest. She twirled from the room on her heels and headed out ahead of them without a word.

Once she arrived outside, she pulled a postcard from within the voluminous folds of her petticoat and scribbled a quick message:

Found something that belongs to you out here on an island in the middle of nowhere.
She's about 5'8", long black hair, wears one of your stupid uniforms.
Definitely getting a little too friendly with a famous Green cloak - if you catch my drift.
I'll bet she'll have all kinds of secrets to spill for you if you come and pick her up.
The next address she'll be at is 16 Kolasis Lane, 035-691-0.
I'll keep you up to date with her whereabouts as best I can until I get a response from you guys where and when you wanna pick her up.
I'll be happy to help you extract her, no charge.​

She wrote her on info on the bottom of the message so they knew to whom they could credit the good news and then on the front side of the card she wrote down another address - one that would take this missive to where it needed to be deep in Zuànsín territory where interested parties would indeed probably do just that depending on how long it took mail to get from point a to point b.

After that, it was out of her hands. She'd throw down more postcards as she followed them around... but Johan and Narzas were no longer her concern. Time to work on making Anya's life a living hell. Who was it she'd said she was looking for? Someone who had been kidnapped? Marjorie was going to find out... and then make sure they never saw one another again.

----

Narzas.png
Narzas smiled at Johan's efforts to reassure her, but she didn't miss the way the pain flashed across his face at Marj's words. The fact of the matter was, they'd both been shaken somewhat by this - and if they had any hope whatsoever of it not breaking them then they were going to need time to try and sort it out. She wasn't sure what that meant, precisely, but she hoped whatever came next wouldn't end what had barely begun. It would be so unfair that the thing that had separated them after everything was some outsider's choice of words, and not a choice they'd made themselves... or even just death. Death would have been better.

She glanced around her and reconsidered a moment, then she nodded to herself. Yes. Even death, would be better than this uneasy feeling that things were going to get far, far worse.

-> (Scene Change) <-

Narzas looked around the new area with her trademarked scowl. Of course the address came to a ruin. Had the message even been real? Or had Marjorie placed it there to push them off course from the beginning?

She silently nodded in agreement with Johan's sentiment... right until she witnessed Ren walking literally around the corner of a pillar and then not out again the other side. "Hey... did you see that?" She asked, pointing to the pillar and walking over to it herself, carefully peering first at one side - then the other, but not repeating Ren's movements just yet. "Ren?" She called, looking left and right. "He should be... right here..." She looked back at the others, thoroughly bewildered.
Jet Jet ZackStop ZackStop Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
1667525622431_60-1-1-1.png

Humans were a curious breed — dangle a carrot and they chased without second thoughts, without asking why it was there in the first place? They hardly cared for reasons though, what mattered was opportunity not what hid behind it. He was reminded of tales where greed dragged men to the underworld, where opportunity disguised the sinister plans of evil men and wicked crones. Where the carrot was laced with poison. He'd seen that same pattern countless times with countless people over many, many years, and every time it amused him, how they destroyed their lives for a little chance at success.

Damian had no such plans though. He wanted an honest deal and he was sure they would take one, what other choice did they have?

"Welcome Ren, to my humble establishment," he said from atop one of the bookshelves, sitting with his feet over the side. There was an apple in his hand and a warm, welcoming smile on his face. "I offer oddities and curiosities from the ends of the earth, your imagination is the only limit to what you'll find."

"For the world is filled with intrigue as much as horror, as long as you know where to look." He glanced at one of the windows around the room, there was a gap in the red curtains. He saw horses and carriages and men wearing waistcoats, tophats rising from their heads like columns. It was an antiquated style from many years ago. "But alas, it seems I've forgotten my manners, forgive me I'm a simple merchant."

"Damian O'Garder at your service, procurer of anything one desires, no matter how rare."

ZackStop ZackStop

rozukitsune rozukitsune Lost Echo Lost Echo Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Last edited:
9201e74f1fecdae67346f059e690d475-1.jpg

Baryn was denser than a mound of lead bars, or maybe he was an airhead who didn't pay attention, but either way he missed an obvious innuendo. Her smile became a frown and she groaned when he dared lecture her, as if he understood what was happening. It was insulting how small he thought her brain was, as if she wasn't a big brained centurion with years of experience, and a really awesome personality.

Thankfully Euclair got the message! If they both misunderstood then she'd throw herself from a mountain — no way she could endure two dummies instead of one. "Finally someone who understands me! I've been trying to warn people but they never listen!" Her gaze moved to Baryn. "You should mull over what she said! Lots of insight this one!"

Her expression straightened as she continued through the forest, tracking their friend with magic. There was one person approaching from the west, slowly but surely their paths would soon cross. "Have you ever met one of your stalkers? I'd lay mine out with a haymaker from the hip, like blam! Right in the mouth!"

Tessia looked west and punched a pretend foe, putting on her best show of stupidity. In truth she was preparing a spell from the water inside the ground, a dozen swords with enough strength to cut bone. They'd rise up and shred anyone who stood against them. "You should always be ready for guys like that, pays really well to be prepared! Like really well, seriously we had a whole seminar about that."

Tessia pretended not to notice anything, but she sensed their friend ten meters away. Her spell was ready like a gun with a cocked hammer, only needing a twitch of her hand. "Right," she whispered as the person walked from the treeline. Her muscles tensed and adrenaline ran through her veins. Her heart skipped and she prepared to attack. It would be another clean kill for the veteran.

"Hey idiot! You messed with the wrong—

Her eyes widened as the person came into view.

"Huh? What are you?"

"Doing out here alone?" Tessia felt even dumber than her pretend persona, considering the stalker was a ten year old girl. Her skin was brown with eyes like obsidian gems, and there weren't any whites on the edges. It was strange and haunting but no matter what she looked like, she was just a little kid. "Why are you following us? Do you need help?"

The girl said nothing. Her face was impassive as she stood like a statue, silently observing the group of outsiders.

EldridSmith EldridSmith Monbon Monbon

Last edited:
411de28c0ee823c327f77a2a59ded300.jpg

The group left the blacksmith and worked their way through town — along with the ones following from the rooftops. They soon reached a more relaxed corner of the island, far removed from the chaos and death within the core districts. It was a place dominated by landfills and empty warehouses. The streets were lined with weeds and cracks crossed them like rivers, and the buildings groaned from the lack of maintenance over the years.

The warehouses were tall enough to cover the sun completely, shrouding the street that led to the crime scene. It was quiet and didn't immediately scream danger to the outsiders, but on the flipside, it was the perfect place for an ambush.

Exactly like the one that was about to happen.

"Even blind mice have more sense than you kids!" There was a woman above them on a rooftop, her voice was soft but venomous and cutting — mischievous like a fae. "They'd know when to run from a swarm-a villains like us!"

"Stand tall lads!"

Twenty men revealed themselves as she spoke. They popped from doorways and windows and alleys alongside them, a platoon with new weapons and armor. They were much better equipped than the hordes of angry prisoners. "From where you're standing, this must seem like a golden run of bad luck, but I see this as an opportunity."

"We can all come out on top if you're willing to parlay — even you Galie." Her eyes softened for a moment, seeing her sister was surreal but she was prepared for anything. There was no room for softness now. "Or you can take your chances and turn this street into a bloodbath, your move kids."

EldridSmith EldridSmith Lost Echo Lost Echo rozukitsune rozukitsune ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back