• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Great Games of Nye (I promise it's not a tournament RP) 2 Open spots.

Jet

Uncultured
We have 12-14 members, depending on if people post or not. I'd like to have 15-16, so here I am, hat in hand as I panhandle for attention.

Here is the original interest check, but let me stress something before you click, this RP isn't a Colloseum/Arena RP. The tournament is merely a nexus for a grander, more complex plot.

We need two people who enjoy posting multiple times a week, rather than people who find that taxing. Also being active OOC is cool, but not required.

As far as the story, I've mixed semi-modern fantasy with steampunk, and there are fourteen areas with unique cultures for your backstory. They range from classic fantasy settings to industrial centers, barren wastelands and advanced, progressive cities. It's a mixed bag allowing most backstories. Here is a map.

IMG_1472.jpg

Every character has an animal familiar and one elemental power, picked from a list of six elements. The familiars can fuse with their human counterpart, granting animalistic mutations. They can also develop into mythic versions of themselves, granting abilities far greater than elemental magic.

The story begins at a tournament, and most characters are contestants, but the games are secondary to plot about revenge, politics, assassinations, government secrets and power struggles. Those are the "Games" mentioned in the title. The characters will be given choices to either support, ignore or work against many groups, which decides how the story ends. Negotiation will usually be an option as well, as there are no comically evil villains wanting to nuke the sun.

We already have one page of IC posts, with excellent writing across the board. Here is a link if you want to scout us.

If you're still with me, thanks for reading! I hope you're interested in joining.

Last edited:
Byzantium, O Byzantium, what did they feed you?! Albion is as it normally is, though: Britain, some claim of Ireland, and the surrounding isles.

Very neat concept. I am tempted, but cannot throw my hat in the ring just yet.

Byzantium, O Byzantium, what did they feed you?! Albion is as it normally is, though: Britain, some claim of Ireland, and the surrounding isles.

Very neat concept. I am tempted, but cannot throw my hat in the ring just yet.
We'd be happy to have you if you if/when you're ready. If you want to ask questions I'll happily field them here or through messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back