• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One The Gathering of Death Eater Children - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Here are my comments:

1. I am surprised that Athena is older than Soren, I thought he was older than her. 😄
2. I like Asmodeus, he is very wise and at the same time, he makes funny jokes. 😄
3. I do not think anyone would react if Malice dressed up like the German dictator on the party, perhaps only if there's a guest at the party who lived during the world war 1 & 2 like Voldemort did and experienced the bomb raids during the time he was living at the muggle orphanage in London. Otherwise, there are no muggles on the party, unless if the Alastair invites some muggles or if the other demons bring along muggle guests with them. The wizards and witches wouldn't do that. The wizarding world always stays out from the muggle events and they can protect and keep safe during muggle wars, so it would not affect them really. However, guests from the wizarding world would react very strongly if Malice dressed up as Voldemort or Grindelwald 😂 But I understand why Asmodeus is advising Malice from dressing like the German Dictator because it seems demons have more experience with muggles than wizards since I get the impression that when your demon characters refer to or interact with humans, it is mostly muggles. 🙃

New comments and questions:

1. "Again?!" Jade and Rosaleya said at the same time. "Three days in a row?!"
I have planned an act that happens Friday, so I wonder how you mean with Three days in a row from Wednesday, in other words: which day are you on in RP? Is it the demonic time or earth time?

2. Head-ups: Faeryn will investigate the presents to see if there are any curses or something fishy while Leigh is showering Rose with kisses 😝. (She won't open anything). The staff does not trust Leigh. And Elias will write a letter to both Claudia and Leigh that visiting Roseleya at Hogwarts is enough because it is disrupting the faculty; Mulciber is not happy about having visitors during breakfast and Faeryn has to check the gifts 😂 (btw you misspelled place as pace: The meeting took pace during breakfast.)

3. That cat is sly 😂

4. In the muggle world, a vet would normally end a sick animal's life peacefully without causing harm or pain by giving the animal an injection. In the wizarding world, they would probably try to save the dog or end its life peacefully without causing pain or harm. So it was not nice of Claudia to hang Chance from a noose 😟 Thumbs up for Rosaleya for questioning Claudia for what she did to the dog.

1. Three demon days in a row. The current time is still Wednesday.
2. I've edited 'pace' to be 'place', thanks! That's too bad about the visits, but I understand why (your reasons made sense). I will edit my post after you post yours to include my characters' reactions to the other professors (e.g. Jade laughing at Faeryn investigating the gifts, and Claudia saying greetings/partings to the professors, etc.)
3. :hornskiss:
4. Yup. But as usual, Jade doesn't really care, in fact he finds it funny, whenever Rosaleya tries to be 'moral'. But she will speak with Asmodeus about it.

After this visit with Claudia and Leigh (that's all I needed in between), you can skip to October 26th for the Guest Lecture. Thank you!

Alright 😁

Yeah, I know Jade does not care because he does not take anything seriously. After all, he is not a person but just an extension of Rosaleya's mind. He reminds me about Peeves because Filch would have probably hated Jade if he could have seen him 😂

My next post will be about the guest lecture.:xFsmile:

colorful papers that hurt his eyes. 😂

Elias addressed Claudia as Mrs. McCunnen in the letter, but she told Elias that she was Leigh's fiancee, and he knows that she has a son named Soren. I'm slightly confused (unless it's a typo?).

Yeah, Elias knows Claudia is Soren's mother because Claudia once came to Hogwarts to get permission from Faeryn so that Soren could visit Knockturn and Diagon Alley.
Only married couples share the same last name, so Elias cannot address Claudia as Mrs. Fairbrook. Soren is not Leigh's son because his last name is McCunnen and not Fairbrook. Elias also had a discussion with Luna and Crystal - after the incident Rose had with her father and Soren saved her. Crystal mentions Claudia as Claudia McCunnens, she does not specify with "miss" or "Mrs"

Because Elias knows Soren's last name is McCunnen and Claudia's last name is McCunnen, he assumes that Claudia must have been married before she got engaged to Mr. Fairbrook. So, he can only address Claudia as Mrs. McCunnen <<, he would not address a woman who has children, as "miss".

Besides, when Claudia sent owls to the staff at Hogwarts, how did she end her letters? with just "Regards// Claudia McCunnen"? (You did not specify about this :P)

Here comes the cinnamon bun recipe I promised you :D

150 gram butter (liquid butter that is based on vegetables such as rapseed and flaxseed works fine)

5 deciliter milk

50 gram yeast

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 dl sugar

2 teaspoon cardamom

About 1.3 liter flour

1. melt the butter in a saucepan, if you use regular butter (you need to measure it to 150 gram. In my country, it is already measured in grams on the butter package which is very convenient. If you use liquid butter, you do not need to melt it, just pour 150 deciliter liquid butter in the saucepan.

2. Pour 5 deciliter milk in the saucepan and stir the milk with the butter until the mixture becomes homogeneous and warm the mixture up to 37 degrees (Celcius).

3. Dissolve the yeast with a bit of the milk-butter mixture in a big bowl.

4. Pour the rest of the milk-butter mixture in the bowl. Then add the following: a) salt, b) sugar, c) cardamom, d) Stir, e) Add 2-3 deciliter flour, stir and add another 2-3 deciliter flour and stir.

5. Add a bit more flour and work with the dough until the dough becomes glossy and smooth. Be careful don't add all the 1.3 liter flour, because you are supposed to have leftover flour for later when you need to roll up the dough. You add a little flour at a time and work with the dough until it becomes glossy and smooth. That's why in step 4. you only add 2-3 deciliter flour first and then add more.

6. When the dough is glossy and smooth, you can sprinkle flour in the top so the dough do not get dry while fermenting. This is a choice. I never sprinkle my dough with flour because it never dries while resting.

7. Cover the dough with a cloth and let it rest for at least 45 minutes.

After 45 minutes have passed you can start working with your cinnamon buns :D
Here you need the rest of the flour to roll out the dough. Cut a bit of the dough and roll out and add the filling and roll it and cut it, you know the drill how to make cinnamon buns:P
The traditional cinnamon buns filling contains of sugar, cinnamon and butter mixture.
Instead of the traditional, I prefer to use mashed dates and cinnamon, because it is healthier.

When you have created the cinnamon buns and placed them on the oven tray which is covered with baking paper, cover the trays with cloths and let the buns rest for about 5-10 minutes
When I make cinnamon buns, I end up with three trays, when I filled the first tray, I let it rest while I fill the second tray and then let it rest while I fill the third tray.
Then I garnish the first tray while the tray 2 and tray 3 are resting. I garnish tray 2 while tray 3 is resting and then garnish tray 3. Tray 1 usually have super big buns after resting so much
😂

For garnishing your buns:
- Mix one yolk with a bit of milk and brush your buns with it.
- You can garnish your buns with: a) granulated sugar or b) chopped almonds or other kinds of chopped nuts

Put the oven on 175 degrees Celcius and place the trays inside the oven when the oven is fully heated. In my country, we have ovens that show when they are fully heated.
I am not sure what kind of ovens you have in your country, as long as you can put the heat on 175 degrees Celcius is the best for baking the buns. Take them out when they become golden
and enjoy 😍😍😍

First, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Next time I go to the supermarket (next 2-3 days) I'll buy some yeast (I have everything else already) and I'll try it! I'm so excited!

Questions:

Step 2: What temperature do you use heat the mixture until it becomes 37 degrees Celsius? Low or medium?

Step 5: When you say 'work with the dough' you mean kneading it, right? How long do you usually work with it for (approximately) before it looks/feels good? When I make wontons, I knead the dough for ten minutes and it's perfect. I started timing it so that I don't try to overdo it or get lost in my thoughts (or both). I'm like Rosaleya in the kitchen; I start daydreaming (I can't help it) and my hands just do the work for me. Suddenly, I realize where I am and I notice "Oh, I'm done chopping the onions, cool!" or "Oh, I should add the spices to the soup now, it's thickened nicely."

Step 7: My dough usually dries out pretty easily for some reason, so I use a moistened cloth to cover it. Should I sprinkle mine with flour (Step 6) and use a moistened towel (my usual defence against dough drying out), or would that mess with the dough?

You wrote "the oven tray which is covered with baking paper", but I'm not sure which tray to use. I've used these two to make cinnamon rolls in the past, please tell me which one you usually use (I prefer the second one):

Shallow, metal baking tray
Deep, glass baking tray (mine has little handles at the sides)

Cardamom isn't my favorite spice, and if possible, I would rather use it in a way that I don't taste it (like when I make homemade Chai Tea, the other spices make the cardamom less noticeable [I'll share that recipe, if you want]), so should I leave the cardamom out, or put some other spice in instead? Leigh hates it, and Asmodeus dislikes it as well, so I wouldn't want to purposefully makes something with it if I can help it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only thing that is a bit confusing for me is that you used deciliters, and I didn't even know what that was until I looked it up just now (I've only used litres and cups and teaspoons and millilitres), but I converted it using Google's volume calculator so the confusion went away. Apparently, one decilitre is 100 millilitres, so that's super easy because my measuring cup measures in millilitres and cups. *Phew*.

My butter also has the little numbers that measure it in grams, so that's cool. I haven't had enough curiosity about liquid butter to try it. The most adventurous I've gotten was trying every type of oil for cooking and baking. Oh, and I've also used Crisco for pie crust (mixed with butter, it gives the best texture for pie crust out of all the recipes I've tried)

My oven is super cheap though (thanks Leigh :-_-lines:) so it doesn't tell me when it's heated, the light doesn't work, and it takes double (or triple) the time that any recipe recommends to bake (no exaggeration). The flame only works in one half of the stove, so I constantly have to turn anything so that it bakes evenly. Also, things usually only brown on the bottom, and then I use this flame on the roof of my oven (don't know what it's called) to make something golden (but it is a bit too strong, like all the fire strength in my oven went there, and it also is uneven, so it only browns the very top of items, and it will burn something if I don't turn everything and supervise it carefully), so even with an egg/milk mixture, my cinnamon buns won't be picturesquely golden 😂/:closedeyescryingfrown:/:b/:. So that I can have an idea of how long a normal oven takes to approximate the baking time for mine, how long do you usually bake yours?

I'll split your recipe in three so that I can only have one tray of cinnamon buns. I don't know if everyone else will like them, so I'll only make a small batch this time and a larger batch if they're popular with my family (I won't be able to eat three trays by myself no matter how hard I try! I have a small stomach.)

I already have the perfect cinnamon filling recipe (classic sugar, cinnamon and butter, and a bit of flour to thicken it), but the dough was the problem (I can never get it right, but your instructions are great!). I can't wait to try yours and I'l let you know how it went as soon as I do. Thank you so much! SO FRICKIN EXCITED!!!

13-reasons-to-be-happy.gif

It sounds super easy (I played out the steps in my head) compared to other stuff that I've done before, so I know that I'm not going to procrastinate with it (especially since a good friend recommended it<3)

1c3cb7a6f728cb9a77c0944036894b5e.gif

You're very welcome 😁

Answers on your questions:

1. I am not sure how to measure low or medium heat on the stove I use. I can only control the heat with numbers from 1-9, before 1 there's u which means it keeps it warm and after 9 there's P which makes it boil. I always put on P first to make it heat as fast as possible and then I take it down to number 2 quickly so it does not burn in the saucepan and stir until the butter and milk mixture becomes homogeneous. I do not even measure the heat. So you can use medium heat and then turn it down to low heat.

2. Yes, knead the dough until it becomes perfect. Do not overdo it. I can not say for how long I knead it. About 5 minutes. Then I might knead a little more after the dough has risen and I am about to roll it out.

3. If you use a moistened cloth to prevent the dough from drying and it is enough, then you do not need sprinkle flour. Just use a moistened cloth as usual

4. Yeah, I mean a shallow metal tray. But if you do not have a metal tray, then you can use a glass tray, but you still need to cover it with baking paper before you place your buns in it.

5. As for the cardamom, do not worry about it. Because it will not be that noticeable in the cinnamon buns. But if you are worried about the taste, only add 1 teaspoon cardamom. You will need to add a half teaspoon salt and that won't be noticeable. So 1 teaspoon cardamom to the original recipe won't be noticeable in the buns. And split the recipe in half. Do not split it in three, please 😅 Because my third tray does not become full like the two first trays. My recipe covers 2 trays but I prefer to leave some space between the buns so they can grow like giants 😂 Do you not have a freezer where you can keep the buns? I mean you do not even have to eat one entire tray by yourself 😂

That oven does not sound like a fun oven to use 😂 Hmm, because I put three trays in a fully preheated oven, I only need to bake it for 10-15 minutes.

You're very welcome and good luck with the baking 😁

(it is very easy😅)

tenor.gif

You still did not specify about Claudia, because her letter only ends with "Claudia McCunnen" - that I do not know if Elias should address her as Mrs. or Miss. I edited my post, so instead of addressing her as Mrs. McCunnen in the letter, he addresses her as Claudia McCunnen.

Elias does not know about Jade, but he knows about the incident where Soren kept his camcorder invisible to record Rosaleya with her father. 🙃

That's it. Just have him address her as Claudia McCunnen. :csmile:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 teaspoon cardamom? Okay, I will do that! Good point about the salt, I won't taste that and salt is pretty strong, so 👍.

I understand now that the third tray isn't a full tray, so I will only split the recipe in half.

Our freezer is tiny (thanks Leigh) and it's already stuffed with a bunch of things so that we can barely fit anything else inside (thanks Leigh).

Yeah, dealing with the oven is the worst part of baking in this house. You can fit three trays in your oven, though?! It must be frickin' huge! Ours is to small that I can only ever fit one tray, and it's got to be horizontal to me because the oven won't close it I try to put a tray in the other way.

tumblr_o1usx7DyI91s7fey2o1_500.gif

I failed. I did everything (exactly following the recipe, checking everything literally four times to make sure that nothing was missed), but the dough didn't rise. So I, like the fool that I was, listened to Leigh, who encouraged me to continue normally ("you probably didn't notice it has risen, it's fine"), and of course that didn't work. They came out like rocks, hard on the outside, and under-cooked on the inside no matter what I tried. Then, Leigh's excuse was "oh, you should've put baking soda and powder, it goes in all baked things". It doesn't, I know that because our perfect recipe for dinner rolls doesn't require either, just yeast. Leigh then inquired, with annoyingly suspicious eyes, where I had gotten the recipe from. I simply replied that it was a recipe online that wasn't written by someone she knows (Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey, etc. [famous guys she likes]), and she quickly lost interest.

I'm not doubting your recipe. Maybe the expiration date on the yeast was printed incorrectly. Maybe my thermometer is giving me an incorrect reading and the mixture didn't really reach the proper temperature. Maybe I made a mistake on one of the steps that I can't remember. *Shrugs* Thank you for taking the time to give me the recipe. I was fun making it (excluding dealing with the oven).

Aw, please do not be sad.

original.jpg

Here are the reasons why the dough did not rise: 5 Reasons Why Your Bread Dough Doesn't Rise | MOTHER EARTH NEWS

I do not think the expiration date on the yeast was printed incorrectly. Maybe the liquid was too hot when you poured it on the yeast? But I do not know what kind of yeast you used.
The method in the recipe requires fresh yeast. If you have used dry yeast, then it's my fault for not telling you to use fresh yeast 😰 I am sorry for not being specific with the yeast 😥

The buns come out hard as rocks on the outside and undercooked on the inside - the reason is crystal clear: the oven was put on too high temperature. 😕 Even if the dough did not rise, the buns could be baked without becoming hard as rocks. They would have become "hard-elastic" because of the yeast problem and still well-cooked, but never hard as rocks and uncooked if the temperature is set correctly. Once I baked muffins and they came out hard as rocks because I set the temperature of the oven too high. So the main problem is with the oven. You told me before that you have tried out other recipes for cinnamon buns but it did not turn out that good. The recipe I gave you is a Swedish recipe. I know American recipes for cinnamon buns are different. The problem is not with the recipes, but with the oven. Leigh's excuses are lame. She is a red flag in the kitchen😳. So please don't blame yourself, it's Leigh's fault for being behind and having a stove and oven old as the stone age

tenor.gif

source.gif

So, I will summarize it for myself:

giphy.gif

1. The oven sucked (I set it to 175 but that doesn't matter because my oven sucks).

2. I used dry yeast because I don't have fresh yeast available to me here, and I didn't know that I had to use fresh yeast.

3. According to the article you gave me, a cold room can harm your dough (it's cold inside my house, thanks Leigh ["heating is expensive"])

I tried to make the cinnamon rolls without Leigh noticing but the kitchen is literally in the middle of our house, so that means that if you want to move between rooms you'll have to pass the kitchen (and the kitchen doesn't have a frickin' door) and Leigh is so nosy that she never stays put for long and always wants to know what everyone else is doing if she's not forcing one/most of us to spend time with her.

Thank you for the hug <3. That picture was perfect for this situation. I guess I'll have to hold out for a better oven and some fresh yeast!

original.gif

I feel better now.

Last edited:
Okay! I'm reporting on the Webtoons I've finished lately!

Mellow Nova - *Shrugs* Eh, maybe it'll get more interesting?

Freaking Romance - 👍 👍 👍 The Dad is scary.* I LOVE the art, the soundtracks aren't bad, and the MC's looks and personality are adorable. Verose is cute, too.

Million Dollar Bride 👍:specialeyes:😰😱😭 I love it. It makes me very angry and sad at the same time to read it, so for it to make me actually give a _ about the characters and story and feel so strongly means that it's a good story. The artstyle is cute, too.

La Fouille (same creator as Million Dollar Bride) - Like it so far, but it's too short to say. It needs to update more.

Hades and Persephone - Cute. I like it so far, but that can change.

Blood-Ink - LOVE it. Read it if you haven't already. I've fantasized about 'Hitman' to be a legitimate job but now I've changed my mind. I forgot about the downsides to it but this helped me out.

Jingle Witch - :sleeping:😶😐😐:specialeyes:😳:neutralteeth::angryteeth:🤨😮😲😬😵 Whats going to happen next?!

My Succubus Girlfriend (same creator as StalkerXStalker) = I reached episode 40, and I was so bored that I dropped it into a 'get back to it' folder. I'm going to procrastinate on getting back to it.

Phantom Paradise = Shounen Ai aside, it's frickin' suspenseful! I love it. The plot (in my opinion) totally makes up for it, and it's definitely worth it. I put it on the level of My Dear Cold Blooded King.

Mission Diversion = 👍, the plot is a bit slow, but that's not stopping me from loving it! The artstyle and mc make up for that, plus the fact that the plot interests me to begin with makes me put it higher on my priorities list for reading webtoons (I've got them in order of what I read first when they update, in case I don't have time [I often don't] to read everything that updated that day).

Scarce Clover = From now on, I'll frickin' skip to the end to make sure that the Webtoon isn't being re-made while I'm reading it to save time. This is getting annoying, after Midnight Rain and Blue Bird. Besides that, this story was cute, but it bored me a bit because the plot didn't really interest me. Cuteness isn't enough to keep me going through 50+ pages without getting bored and rolling my eyes a few times.

Love Me, Please = Stopped at 36a and procrastinating there. I was interested in the beginning with what happened to the mc and that scumbag that tried to sell her, but now there's not much else going on and I wish that the plot would speed up a bit. It might get better, but for now I'm going to give it a long break.

The Real You - Adorable, Shojo Ai aside. This is one of those rare cases where cuteness is enough to keep me reading it without getting bored, because there's COMEDY involved<3. This webtoon makes me laugh. I don't mind homosexuality in plots as long as they're not the main focus. For example, in Freaking Romance, the mc and Verose seemed bi at some moments, but it didn't get in the way, so I didn't mind it.

*(Horror movies don't care me. Evil parents scare me the most, they make my heart race and my mind spin while I'm reading/watching or when I'm reflecting over what I've read/watched. They're my favorite monsters because they make me hate them so much and they're all different but similar in some ways as well. Do you have anything else [anime/webtoons] with evil parents? Asuna's mom from SAO was bad, but she changed in the end, but I still loved the scenes with her in them because they make me feel such strong emotion! I love things that make me feel strongly, and that's why I keep getting disappointed when horror movies don't scare me, but they make me laugh instead, and often roll my eyes; they disappoint me.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've started these and I like them but I haven't gotten far enough to say that I recommend them:

Lookism (you recommended that one, I remember)
The Gamer
Dice

^And I'm not reading anything else right now because I'm trying to work on those.^

I have news on some webtoons:

Midnight poppy land and Midnight raid are being featured (they'll be updated once a week now)

excited.gif

I remember starting reading Lookism, I could not stop and now I have to wait for every Sunday 😁

Love me please has become so boring :xFrolleyes:

I am more scared of demons, ghosts, and dolls in real life, especially dolls. 😰

I am going to check the other webtoons you have mentioned :P As for Dice...I am probably dropping that one because it is too boring for my taste...😅

By the way, did I recommend you SubZero?

----

I stopped at where Selwyn gives over the word to Aislinn. I will write about the content of the guest lecture in my next post. 😊

YESYESYES! Finally! Midnight Rain and Midnight Poppy Land! YES!!!

anime-dancing-gif-10.gif

You did recommend SubZero, I finished it (and I'm keeping up with the updates), and it's just okay. I hope it will get more interesting. I like MDCBK and Phantom Paradise better when it comes to historical-themed Webtoons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments section:

You placed Athena, the Masked Man, and Stephan away from Rosaleya and Soren for an interesting reaction, didn't you? (Rhetorical)
------------------------------
Vincent looks so cuuute! Damn!
tenor.gif

Aislynn only wanted him to be presentable for Adela! :closed eyes open smile:
Hahahahah. Elias just realized that Aislynn accompanied Alastair to the Summer Feast. Nice follow-up on the joke about his confusion with the identity of Alastair's date! That made me laugh.
I knew the 'mysterious contents' in the bottle is blood because Firewhiskey is for Aislynn, so the other one...
-----------------------------

is she not able to resist her carvings...?
is she not able to resist her cravings...?

Oh, Alastair should be there. But how did he get there?

Question 1: Did Aislynn...

Not tell him.
Tell him, but ask him not to come. (He won't come if you don't want him to).

Question 2: Did Luna...

Know about this in advance? If so, she would've told him to come and see it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back