• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Games of Icarus - Angel tournament - Interest Check - 4/10 spots filled!

DovahBeat

The Flame of Kamura
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

The Games of Icarus

Throughout the ages, there have been many gods, goddesses, and pantheons. It is only a matter of time before a god fades away into mythology, or something rises up to dethrone the deity. When that happens, who will take over the former god’s domain? How is that decided? That is when all of the Deities select two angels and enter them in a tournament, a gladiator-styled battle, though not to the death. Not intentionally anyway. First, the angels are stripped of their ranks and put into teams. The winner will become the new god, and all the other competing angels are then ranked into the new god’s domain based on how well they did in the tournament.
Today such a tournament has been called for. Xaren, Goddess of the Stars, was declared dead, killed by a mortal that wished to claim her power for himself, or so the rumors say. Too bad for that mortal, since godhood is not obtained that way.
Will your god enter you as a champion in the tournament? Let’s find out…

Pantheon​

1. Fyklous, God of War and Peace
  2. Grasone, Goddess of Life and Death
  3. Kovian, God of Love and Hatred
  4. Umera, Goddess of Fortune and Poverty
  5. Itar, God of Hope and Fear
  6. Xaren, Goddess of the Stars (Dead)

Angels​

Angels can be separated into two basic categories: Light and Dark. Do not confuse this with good and evil. A dark-aligned angel can be just as good as a Light angel, and a Light Angel can be as wicked as a demon. In addition, an angel can manipulate the energies specific to their god's domain, but can only amplify existing energy under their god's influence.

The Light and Dark Elements can be further categorized into sub-elements. These are:
Fire - grants the user control over fire and heat, basically fire bending lol
Lightning - the user has control over electricity
Verdure - the user is in touch with nature, they can grow and manipulate plants as they please
Air - users are able to control the current of air around them to create powerful winds
Arcane - the user is able to amplify the effects of other elements but lacks control over any specific element themselves
Pure Light - the light element in its purest form. Users are able to manipulate the light spectrum or concentrate energy into a visible/tangible form (like. Light orbs/beams/ect)
Water - grants the user control over water, ice, and steam, literally just water bending lol
Metal - is able to manipulate precious metals such as iron or copper
Toxin - users are able to create toxic or corrosive materials. Powers also may or may not be tied to decay/rotting
Earth - the user is able to manipulate rocks, dirt, and mud, basically earth-bending
Void - the user is able to dampen the effects of other elements, though they lack control over any specific element themselves
Pure Dark - the dark element in its purest form. Users are able to manipulate shadows or concentrate dark energy into a visible/tangible form. They are also able to travel through shadows.
“Pure” Angels are extremely rare, and only have abilities related to their core element (Light or darkness).
An angel’s element(s) are determined by the time they are born. Light angels are always born during the sun hours, and Dark angels are born during the moon hours.
Hour Light Element Hour Dark Element
6 - 8 am Verdure 6 - 8 pm Toxin
8 - 10 am Fire 8 - 10 pm Water
10 am - 12 pm Lightning 10 pm - 12 am Metal
12 pm - 2 pm Pure 12 - 2 am Pure
2 - 4 pm Air 2 - 4 am Earth
4 - 6 pm Arcane 4 - 6 am Void
An angel’s rank is indicative of how long they’ve lived, their strength, and their devotion to their god. Though, just because one is an archangel, doesn’t mean they can’t get unlucky and get beaten by an Esquire.
From highest rank to lowest:
  1. Archangel
  2. Captain
  3. Lieutenant
  4. Sergeant
  5. Knight/Archer
  6. Esquire

Rules:​

1. RPN rules duh
  2. Discord is required for OOC and plotting
  3. Keep things pg at most in rp AND on Discord, please!
  4. Keep irl drama to a minimum
  5. Please give a heads-up if you cannot continue the rp or need a hiatus, please do not ghost. I will not bite you for choosing to leave, I just don’t like being left in the dark.
  6. Please give at least a small paragraph per ic post with decent spelling and punctuation. It’s okay to have mistakes but I don’t like to see run-on sentences without punctuation or indecipherable grammar.
  7. Only two pure angels are allowed, One Light and One Dark
Please let me know if you are interested in joining this rp!
Blaklyte Blaklyte

Last edited:
Mayhaps I will join...it might take me a while to get my head around the lore but it sounds intriguing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back