• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Forgotten: Magiks Arise

InactiveCoffee

Inactive
The ForgottenMagiks Arise

Put on your war paint

You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down

Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground

We are the jack-o-lanterns in July setting fire to the sky

Here comes this rising tide, so come on

Put on your war paint

In this world there are hidden mysteries. Magiks long since forgotten and propelled into the realms of the impossible. What happens when that magik is once again released upon this unsuspecting world of cold steel, and factual science? What happens when a war is caused between this science and the presence of the unexplained?

Cross walks and crossed hearts and hope-to-dies

Silver clouds with grey linings

So we can take the world back from a heart attack

One maniac at a time we will take it back

You know time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start

So dance alone to the beat of your heart

The scientific leaders of the population, maniacal in their denial of the ancient magiks, attempt to hide the uprising. Kidnapping and stealing away anyone or anything that shows magikal properties. Those who are against the will of the people to follow orders and be complacent. Many of which were subject to experiments as the scientists wished to learn more of this magik. Some way to control the properties, and explain them.

Hey young blood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?

I'm gonna change you like a remix

Then I'll raise you like a phoenix

Wearing our vintage misery

No, I think it looked a little better on me

I'm gonna change you like a remix

Then I'll raise you like a phoenix

It has been years now, since the rise of the magiks. Word spread like wildfire about the unknown coming from the darkness of their world, and many people seemed to grow with hope that had long been forgotten. The scientists grow wary that a rebellion of the masses loom in the future, and they are no closer to understanding this magik than when they first discovered it's presence. Fear is another matter. Many who find hope in those who posses magik, also find themselves terrified by their presence.

Bring home the boys and scrap scrap metal the tanks

Get hitched, make a career out of robbing banks

Because the world is just a teller and we are wearing black masks

"You broke our spirit," says the note we pass

Rebellion is underway. Those who are angered by the magiks fight against the magik possessed. Those who find hope in the ancients cheer them on, and fight to protect those who wield the unknown power. Fear, anger, hope, and joy coarse through the lands as science battles fantasy.

The Magiks

The Phoenix

The Pegasus

The Drow

The Nymph

The High Elf

The Faerie

Last edited by a moderator:

Rules and Regulations

~I'm literate to a point. All I really care about is that you punctuate. Seriously.

:D Please please please punctuate!! It helps me understand exactly what you are meaning in a sentence. If you just type a bunch of stuff and there are no "." or "?" or "!" I will be unable to distinguish the emotion behind what you are writing. And it will end up sounding like a bunch of jumbled ramblings. THANKS!

~
I like to chat while we rp... I'm a very talkative person. ^-^ I also like to continuously discuss future happens/plot twists as we go along to keep the story interesting.

~I do not care about post length. As long as I have something to respond to. I give what I get, unless I get particularly inspired in which case I can write up to 4 paragraphs in response to a one liner. Or if I'm having trouble thinking of something, or my daughter/husband demand my attention, it is very possible you will only achieve a 1-3 sentence response from me. Please bare with me on that.

~
If something comes up, you get bored, you don't like where the story is going, or anything else, PLEASE tell me. Please tell me if the story isn't working for you, or something came up. Tell me if an idea is stale and needs to be changed. Tell me if you have any ideas that will help. Don't just disappear on me. :D

~
I am an experienced RP-er, but no, that doesn't mean I understand everything.

~
I use Anime for appearance pics. If you don't like that, please don't apply. I can never agree on a real person picture to capture what I imagine.

~
All RPN site rules and regulations apply. Do not go against them.

~
There will be a total of 2 spots for each kind of magik. If I get enough interested, that is. If your interested in doubling, let me know. You are also welcome to create a normal, or a scientist for added fun~

~
I am also willing to do 1x1s with this same story idea. I think it would be fun ^-^

The Magik's Lore

The Phoenix
The Phoenix is the essence of fire, and symbolizes immortality. They are graceful, and magnificent beings with wondrous healing capabilities. As a phoenix, one can communicate with the birds around them, and with enough energy gathered from the earth around them, even fly. Though that takes a most trained skill, and most do not accomplish the feat.

The Pegasus
The pegasus is a stubborn, yet highly intelligent creature. They wield the essence of light, and air, and symbolize purity. They are just as graceful, if not more so, than the Phoenix. They do not host the same healing abilities, but rather, a miraculous moral. To befriend a Pegasus is to gain bravery in the face of any evil. They uplift those they choose, and use their abilities to protect and serve.

The Drow
The Drow. A mysterious, dark people. They are the same as there high elf cousins, a tall noble looking race with pale skin and slender bodies. Unlike High Elves, which are masters of light magiks, the Drow practice dark sorcery, and have become very adept at it. They use masterly crafted weapons but they carry repeating crossbows, which seem to be unique to them. Dark Elf females that follow the path of sorcery are called Witch Elves and are a warrior sisterhood.

The Nymph
The Nymphs are creatures that inhabit the most secluded and peaceful areas of the world, close to a pure water source, or at least back in ancient times. Nymphs are a peaceful race, they hate evil and ugliness. They try to avoid conflict, but are fierce fighters if challenged. When the situation is desperate a nymph will defend themselves by using their abilities to blind or confuse there attacker using there magical powers. Nymphs look a lot like humans apart from they have pointy ears like elves, they are nature's embodiment of physical beauty. Nymphs are ever young they are charming graceful and intelligent.

The High Elf
High Elves are a tall, slim and regal built race. They are seen as a noble race, and tend to be beautiful or handsome in appearance. Elves are generally paled skinned, and have strong, agile bodies in comparison with humans and are often more intelligent and wiser. Elves have a longer life span than humans do. Elves build refined weapons that are seen as master craftsmanship by other races. They use Swords, bows and lances mainly they don't like using crossbows or gunpowder weapons.

The Faerie
Fairies come in all sorts of guises some look like Goblins, while others could look like tiny humans with delicate wings on their backs. These creatures tend to be friendly. Sometimes fairies are guides to lost people. They are masters of disguise, changing form to suit their needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay!! You can post now!! I got kicked off the pc I was using so I can't edit the title at the moment... :D

Edit: I figured out how to fix the title in Tapatalk... haha :D

Double edit: I take no credit in the red italic words of the first post. They are the lyrics written and owned by Fall Out Boy. If you want to grasp the emotion of the words, please youtube the song ^-^

bumps~

Ooohhhh, lol. I get busy at times, and I might not be the most super creative, but if you need anyone to bounce ideas off of, I'd be happy to help =)

I thought I did, then I re-read everything, and you've got the whole kidnapping and experimenting part down xD lol.

question, how do the magiks work? The different ones are they actual magik beings? like an actual drow, or phoenix, or pegasus and then they can have a human host? Or just people with their abilities? Like someone that can manipulate fire, or water but isn't a phoenix or nymph, they just commune with them and learn from them.

It's a combination of both. The souls of the ancient magiks lay sleeping within the humans. ((Think like Naruto and the nine tailed beast type thing))

I agree - this is awesome and really interesting! I have one question though. I prefer not to use reference pictures for my characters. Is that alright, or do I need a picture to go along with the form?

So I sort of got that, from both your opening post and the discussion with @andujarprime, Magiks are ethereal but have human hosts... and said hosts acquire their abilities?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back