• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [THE FOREST] (RP thread)

Ivana, determined to show no fear, demanded loudly, "Whoever's there, if you aren't a coward, show yourselves immediately!!"

*Lux froze, he didn’t expect Ivana to shout at all*

She looked around warily, and shouted again. "If you don't come out, then leave us alone!! If you so much as lay a finger on us, you'll regret it!"

He stopped dead in his tracks, frozen by fear. He quickly drew his standard pistol, trying to remember how to hold it correctly.
He stammered "P...Police! We... got you surrounded!"

"I- police?!" Ivana repeated, not out of fear, but more out of bemusement. "If you've got us surrounded, then come out and fight me, why don'tcha?!" she lowered the soldier again and gripped the handle of her warhammer, her ears twitching in anticipation.

He tried to deepen his voice, he hit his chest a couple of times. "No sir! We got orders to wait for reinforcements. We cannot engage!"

"...Did you just call me a 'sir?'" Ivana asked, her voice a mix between amusement and irritation. She snickered as her keen ears picked up the sound of the person thumping their chest in an attempt to disguise their voice.

He paused, then took a deep breath. He slowly began walking towards the voices, sneaking through bushes. Some branches managed to scracth him, but he was slightly unfazed. "FREEZE!"

It was a bizarre scene- a soldier, unconscious and in dire need of medical assistance, a young woman with what appeared to be features of both a rabbit and a deer, and a child that seemed much too small to be human. "Or what?" The peculiar lady asked. "Are you gonna shoot us with your puny little pistol?"

He stared back and forth bewteen the soldier, the creature, and the child. He almost lost his footing out of sheer confusion.
"Is... This some sort of circus performance? And most importantly, drop the man."

She stared back at the man, her pale blue eyes icy, and sneered, "ANOTHER human?? This forest is overrun with them! And treating us like we're some sort of circus sideshow to gawk at!"

"We're here to invatigate tourists and hitchhikers going missing. I'm starting to suspect you... things have something to do with this." He stared at her antlers, both fascinated and horrified. He tried to make his voice sound stern "...And I'm not going to be a nice guy!"

"Things. As if we don't have any feelings." Ivana repeated, her voice frostier than her stare. "I have nothing to do with your cause, even though they're all quite pathetic, but my clan isn't known for their acceptance of humans. It's not like hunters try to poach our antlers or anything." she added bitterly, noticing him looking up at her own antlers. "And I won't be nice either, so mind what your next moves are." she jeered, her hand still gripping the handle of the warhammer slung across her back.

"Pathetic? They had lives, families, friends... Don't try to paint them as evil." He lowered his weapon, still mantaining eye contact. He slowly backed away, trying not to escalate the situation.

"See? That's the problem, humans are ALWAYS thinking of themselves, making their own species seem like a godsend. Have you ever stopped to wonder, you insignificant little wart, that we have friends, families, lives?! Maybe that's why we're defending our territory?!! BECAUSE IF WE DIDN'T, WE'D BE HUNTED AND KILLED BY THE DOZEN?!" Ivana stepped forward, her icy eyes holding a spark of fury now. "No. You don't stop to think that at all. And while we're on our way to help this soldier who happened to stumble across us, even though it most likely isn't wise, and he could backstab us for all we know, YOU'RE over here trying to accuse us of something we didn't do while you stare at us like we're part of a FREAKSHOW!" Ivana was face-to-face with the man now, jabbing a finger into his chest. "YOU MAKE ME SICK!"

The man let a small squeak, feeling her sharp claws pressed against his chest. He looked up at her eyes, feeling as if he was both freezing and burning from the inside. His throat tightened, he wanted to speak but could muster nothing. "Y...Y..."

*Lux was looking down at the ground, listening to the whole exchange, and then he decided to speak up* “a group of humans killed my parents for their own amusement...”

Ivana said nothing, glaring at him for a few seconds, her other hand curled into a fist and her breathing heavy. "Pathetic." she repeated in a soft yet seething tone. She turned to glance over at Lux, and muttered waspishly, "See? That poor kid is all alone now. All because of your precious humans. And yet you say they aren't evil..." Ivana mustered all her willpower not to punch the man in the gut, and instead walked over to Lux and the unconscious soldier, picking up their limp body again. "Come along now, Lux."

"You do know... we create protected areas for you, right? And hell, you're implying we celebrate poachers and hunters. We don't, we outlawed them a while ago. And look, you said so yourself. SOME." He took a step foward, his brown furrowed. "Maybe if you didn't lump us all togheter we'd stop killing each other."

”humans are still terrible regardless. Sure, a few can be nice, but the majority are terrible people! I was left to die because of humans! It took my own species finding me and making sure I didn’t die! Humans that saw me would’ve either killed me or ignored me!”

He stared at the small creature, scoffing "I wouldn't blame them if they ignored you, I almost stepped on you myself."

“This is exactly the reason I hate humans, they have no regard for others!” *Lux seems angered by the comment*

He sighs, containing his annoyance. "Listen, I was trying to be diplomatic here. Just let me continue, find the missing people, and you can go dance around mushrooms or something."

“Shut the hell up already. We do not “dance around mushrooms”, that’s the type of things you stupid humans would do!”

"Lux, come on, don't pay him any mind." Ivana interjected coldly. "We've wasted enough precious minutes, the more time we take, the worse this soldier's condition will get."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back