• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [THE FOREST] (RP thread)

"Huh. Well, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, as they say." Ivana mused aloud. She held out a hand to help Lux up. "I'm Ivana."

*Lux takes the hand, lifting himself up* “Nice name! I’m Lux.”

Ivana shrugged picking up her hammer from its place against a tree. "I don't know, I was just picking some berries before I heard you rustling around."

“I was trying to find some food as well, it’s getting pretty cold, so it’s getting hard to find food.”

"Okay. It still has quite a few berries on it." Ivana motioned for Lux to follow her back the way she came, swinging her hammer over her shoulder, having a weird sort of spring in her step.

*Lux follows behind, he still seemed a bit skeptical, but he mostly trusted Ivana*

Ivana continued leading the way, whistling cheerfully as she walked, before she pointed to a clump of bushes in the distance, bearing wildberries.

"Of course." Ivana smiled. "Would you like some help picking them? I have a spare pouch we could use to collect them."

“I only really need a few, they last me a while! I can carry all of them!”

"Oh, okay..." Ivana nodded, and picked some for herself, popping a handful into her mouth. "They're a little unripe, but they'll last longer that way."

“yeah, I’m gonna have to find some way to freeze them… maybe I could bury them?”

"Hmm, maybe, or maybe you could preserve them like how people preserve fruit in jam?" Ivana suggested. For some reason, she seemed very eager to help.

“I don’t exactly know how to make jam, nor do I have the ingredients.”

"I can help you!" Ivana insisted. "Where I live, it's really cold, so we learned how to preserve all sorts of things!"

“Really? I hate the cold. I feel much better in the spring and summer.”

A gaunt figure of a human soldier trekked across the forest for what felt like miles on end. His once clean appearance was ruined by his exhaustion and lack of energy, with his uniform in tatters and his face begrimed by filth and dirt. Past the strands of pale hair that hung in front of his face, he had distinct golden eyes that would have looked brighter had he been in better conditions.

Using his hand, he kept applying pressure on his bleeding shoulder. His palm subtly glowed as he did his best to heal over what he could with his magic. Unfortunately for the human soldier, he was running out of mana. He knew what he needed right now was nourishment, and even more, a place he could rest, but he didn’t have any idea where he was.

It was apparent to him that he was far from any sort of civilization. But after some time of searching, he spotted a thin stream of water up ahead.
His eyes widened.
The human desperately ran towards the stream and almost fell down on his knees when he reached it. He caught what water he could in his hands and drank quickly, not even stopping to catch his breath.

*Lux notices someone near the stream* “huh? Who’s there?”

The soldier looked up in alarm and entered a coughing fit. After he caught his breath a moment later, he slowly got up from where he was, looking around warily.
He didn’t seem to take notice of where Lux was. “Who said that!?” He called out to the tiny voice. “Show yourself..!”

*Lux hid in the bushes, not wanting to show himself*

The lack of response caused him to feel paranoid. “Hah..” He frightfully looked around the forest, trying to pinpoint where the voice came from. Who did it belong to? A villager? An enemy?

Was he being followed all the way out here..?

The soldier winced and fell again to his knees. Although he was a human, he was visibly weak, and didn’t have the strength to fight back nor defend himself. He was no better than a cornered animal.

SyntaxAttack SyntaxAttack A Hazy Sort of Clarity A Hazy Sort of Clarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back